Aloha Ceiling Fans

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Aloha Breeze Vintage Stand Fan Model # 46052 - Two summers ago, I purchased 3 of these Vintage standing fans. Last week while putting away laundry in my son's bedroom, I smelled something burning in his room. The fan was plugged into the outlet, but was not turned on. I touched the fan and discovered that it was burning up. The motor, which was not running was on fire. I promptly unplugged it. I tried calling the 1-800-295-4448 number on my manual. I was told that I could not reach that number from my calling area. What's up with that. I tried using my cell and the call would not go through. If anyone reading this review has a better number, please post it. Thank you.

I bought the 52" Weathered Iron, Style # 99186, at Walmart nearly 5 years ago, and installed it my screen porch. Yes, it is an indoor fan and I installed it outdoors, and it isn't a high end fan. It is out of the weather, I don't use it much, and thought it would serve my needs. It still works, but last summer was rather hot, and the combination of heat and humidity caused the blades to droop badly. I realize I got what I paid for, but wish I could find direct replacement blades that will not need to be drilled. The phone number in the owners manual (which doesn't give a brand name, but it is assumed to be an Aloha Breeze) is not a working number, 800-295-4448. I assume they are out of business. I would appreciate any help in contacting Aloha Breeze, their parent company, or anyone who can offer replacement blades. Thanks.

Updated on 7/22/2015: I replaced the warped blades with generic blades from Menards ($10). Similar size, had to drill to fit the blade arms. Fan working well, just need to balance the blades a bit.

I bought a new 52-in. fan, got it home and the screws and washers for the blades and the pull chains were missing. I called the 800 number as instructed in the manual and it is not working.

Fan has been in less than a year and the fan switch broke as did the light switch. When I opened the fan to replace them, the reverse switch fell out in about 8 pieces of broken plastic. The number 8002954448 that is listed for parts or problems in the warranty papers is a disconnected number. Since I have 3 of these that match in one area, I prefer not to have to replace them all. Does anyone have a contact number for these people?

Light would only work when it wanted to. We would hear a crackling sound when it was on. I finally took it apart (turned power off and unscrewed light socket) and found that the wires were charred and brittle. If I didn't notice this defect, it would have caught my daughter's bedroom on FIRE. The customer service # doesn't work; I'm in PA and I've read complaints from people in CA that say it doesn't work from there either. I thought 800 #'s worked anywhere!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aloha Ceiling Fans?

I got 6 new ceiling fans all at once for my new house from Wal-Mart and 2 were your name brand. I got them because I heard how great they were. But that was a lie and I will tell everyone know how bad they are and to not buy any from you. I have tried to call you on the number that was on the fans, 18002954448 and it doesn't work. Both fans are no good, I'm going to have to save the money and buy new ones. The first ceiling fan's blades were messed up, it doesn't work right and the other one doesn't work; for 5 minutes it goes out and won’t work for 3 hours. I don't understand. I paid $69.99 each. I wish someone would call me and either replace them with new ones or give me some other kind of fan. Call me please **, Tonya **.

Yes, I may want to talk with your attorney because you don't need to be taking other people's money for no good ceiling fans. You know we can't hold on to the receipts long cause we think they're great so we just put them up and you have to have the box and the box in good shape to return them.

Aloha remote-controlled 52" Hugger ceiling fan - Our ceiling fan quit working about 1 year after we installed it. We tried pushing all the buttons on the remote. The light still works but only with the wall switch. The remote has new batteries. We think, maybe (can't find the manual) after changing the batteries, the remote and the fan has to be reset by pushing certain buttons and/or turning on/off the wall switch. Can someone tell us what we need to do or can we receive another manual for the fan. Thank you very much for your attention to this matter.

The light switch went bad but we continued using it with the wall switch; however, two years later, the fan switch quit. There was no answer at the warranty phone number and Walmart wants nothing to do with it.

I bought an Aloha Ceiling Fan Style #91189. 3 months after using it, it stopped running while it was on. Upon taking it down to see what the problem was, I found that the control switch inside melted away. It could have caused a fire.

I tried to call the 800 number and I am told it is not in my calling area.

I called Aloha Breeze six weeks ago for a part, condenser for my fan, and haven't received it yet. Their policy is a two-week turnaround. Each time I call now (every five minutes ), I get a recording. Please help.

We bought 2 Aloha Breeze vintage stand fan model # 46051(46052) serial # 00560 and haven't had them a year and one of them just stopped working and the other is making a bad noise and trying to stop too. I was trying to contact the company and all I could find were complaints about the fan. I think a fan should last longer than that. They cost 38 dollars apiece. I know that's not much money to some but when you have someone laid off in your house and the other don't make that much, then that's a lot of money.

Update: Aloha Ceiling fan company sent me a check for $50 for all my trouble. All is well.

Update to my earlier complaint which I can no longer find: All is well. Aloha fans took way too long but they did eventually get a move on and they sent me $50 for the trouble their fan caused me. They have the fan, I have the groceries I bought with the $50 they sent. All is well. Thank you, Consumer Affairs, for all your help.

The fan blade broke off. This is the second time I have contacted you! I never got a response from you the first time, I no longer remember who I talked to at the fan company, nor do I remember the name or location of the parent company. I tried to find the info again and I can't they are not easily reached. They have no business doing business!

One of the ceiling fans blades snapped off while the fan was on. The ceiling fan is in a small office. When I am in the office, my head is almost directly below the fan. Had I not stepped out for a moment, the blade would have likely killed me. It hit my printer and my computer. The printer I am now having trouble with. I looked and there is another blade that is badly cracked. Needless to say, the fan is not being used. However, we do not have the know how to take it down and we can't afford to have the guy who put it up come back out and take it down. The fan is manufactured my W H I Manf. Inc. out of California (though the fan is made in China!) for Aloha (fan company?) out of Clinton, NC. There is supposed to be a five-year warranty which we can't find as we are packing to move. The office having only a window and no ceiling fan is going to lower the price of our home, by the way. What if this had happened in a nursery where a baby was sleeping? This thing is dangerous. The model number is # 99646.

Aloha Ceiling Fans Company Profile