Allstar Metro Movers

Phoenix, AZ

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently had Allstar Metro Movers get me moved into my new to me home. Then I used them to move my mom to her new condo. What a great company! Jan was a delight to work with scheduling both moves and the movers worked at high speed without damaging a single thing. In the past I have used other moving companies and things just never went well. In the past, other moving companies always piled on additional changes when it was time to collect. Allstar Metro Movers send me a confirmation for both moves via email that included the info I gave them as well as the pricing. That was great - no concern about extra charges. Their billing was exactly what was outlined in my confirmations. Thanks for the great job. I strongly recommend AMM to everyone.

I hired Allstar Metro Movers to move me today. No one called me the day prior to confirm our move as they had the wrong phone number. We contacted them early this morning and was told that our move was no longer at 8:00AM. It would not be 1:00 to 3:00PM. I received a phone call from Larry at 12:00PM, stating that he is still in East Chandler and that the customer the move they were on was not honest about how much stuff they were moving, which in turn delayed my move. Obviously, that should not be my problem, but evidently it is NOW! Larry explained that he would not be here to move us until 4:00PM. The problem with that is we have to turn in our keys today by 5:00PM; otherwise, we'll be charged an extra day's rent which I find to be compete **!

So I called the office and spoke with the owner (female). She refused to give a discount and stated that we would be moved today. She had a snippy attitude and I do not think she knows how to treat her customers. She has ZERO RESPECT and honestly needs to take some classes on how to operate a business properly. I would definitely pass up this company as you will get the same treatment as I did! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER MOVING COMPANIES IN THE VALLEY. Shop around and pass up Allstar Metro Movers as they have no idea how to actually get to their jobs to get their job done! If you want to have a NIGHTMARE OF AN EXPERIENCE, GO AHEAD. I DARE YOU. Hire them and you will find out that they are the worst moving company out there!

This Allstar Metro Movers place is a scam. I set up a moving date a month in advance, just for loading. I paid an $85 deposit and had everything set up. Things changed and I needed to cancel my service, so I called them up, had it cancelled and was told the manager would call me back to set up my refund. Few days go by and I don't receive a call, so I called back. The women I talked to then proceeded to tell me that my appointment was never cancelled and that I am "still on the board." So I told her I would like to cancel. She then cancelled it, and told me my deposit is nonrefundable. This is a flat out scam, because at no time was I told it was nonrefundable, and the woman the day before told me it was refundable.

So after a few minutes of lies and scams, I then told her I will just keep the appointment. As I am already paying for it, I might as well use it. Then get this, she told me no, the appointment has already been cancelled! What the **? So yeah, I am out $85 because of this scam company. Do yourself a favor and just avoid this place. There are tons of other moving services that don't require deposits, let alone lie about it to a repeat customer. I have used them in the past, but I think they had a management/staff re-haul because they have a few new policies that weren't in place before. And I am sure it's Allstar Metro Movers and not the other Allstar Movers and Storage people.

We had an outstanding experience from start to finish with Allstar Metro Movers. During the price quote process I could tell that I was dealing with very knowledable personnel, unlike many of the other companies I spoke with. When we schedule service we received a written confirmation and instruction sheet prior to our move date that outlined every thing. Our moving crew (Ringo) was extremely careful with our funiture and was fast and efficient. The person who posted a long complaint clearly failed to review her confirmation and instructions and must have caused all of the issues herself as our move went very smooth.

Allstar Metro Movers used subcontractors, so 2 movers showed up. Ringo was the lead who had a lead. They seem inexperienced & told us they were subcontractors. After they moved us to the new home there trailer (which was supposed to be a standard truck) was still half full and they stated they needed payment. I gave them an American Express card the day before as they stated they needed a $100 deposit before coming out. Ringo’s credit card terminal didn't work. I offered a check & he stated they don't take checks; cash or credit card only. He tried to run the card again & said he could not get a signal so now he will take a check. I stated being (you & Jan) the owner they agreed to go back to the other house to pick up the gas grill that would not fit on the trailer the first time. I can get a check.

We then told him about the scratches on the hardwood floors from their hand trunks. He called Jan the owner.

After he hung, he proceeded to go out the front door. I followed to let him know where the other furniture was. I went to see if we were going to back to the house to get the grill as agreed upon & the check. I then asked him what Jan, the owner, said about our damage to our new hardwood floors & he said she was going to send someone out. I said when is she going to do that & he said right now as he jumped into his pickup hauling the trailer & sped off with the other half of our furniture. Unknown to us, as there was no communication from him or Jan, that this is what they plan to do I immediately called Jan, owner, & she stated I told him to leave for nonpayment.

I said you know that is an outright lie. It is not our fault his credit card terminal did not get a signal. I then told Jan, Ringo has had a bad attitude from the beginning & now at the end. He obviously got mad when my husband & I told him he has had a bad attitude during this entire move and that some of our furniture was damage. Our new hardwood floors were damaged. That’s because that was when he left & sped off. She said I told him to leave for nonpayment & she hung up on me. My husband then called her & asked to have our furniture back & we can get the check at our other house. She refused & he said you don't give us any other choice but to call the police. She said, go right ahead.

The sheriff’s department came out & gave us an incident number. He said we see this all the time & 75% of these movers are criminals. The following Mon., April 5th, I called the BBB and AZ dept. of weights & measures & I contacted an attorney from Davis Miles. He wrote them a letter they received Fri., April 15th. On the morning of April 16th, Jan called & wanted our fax number. She sent a letter with vicious, blatant lies. She accused me & my husband of demeaning the movers & worst yet stated that my husband threaten physical violence. My daughter, my husband & myself were there at all times & they feel now they have to fight back with being dishonest, unethical & slanderous. They wrote me an email & stated they wanted cash & they were going to charge $50 a day for storage & if they don't hear from us in 10 days they will auction all of our personal belongings & furniture.

Now that they received our letter from our attorney, she called & said they will drop all charges if we pay them the cash & pay a 3rd party to come & move our furniture out of the warehouse. If all the lies occurred, why did they only respond with those lies after they received the letter from our attorney? It's because desperate people will do desperate things to get out of paying for damages & stealing your personal belongings & furniture. We told Jan we also don't want to do business with them & all we ask is to return our furniture on our driveway & we will pay other people to move it into our home. She also lies in the letter that we damaged the floors because we moved in furniture ourselves. The rooms they brought furniture in were all empty. She was never there & she is lying to make a claim; justifying running off & stealing our furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstar Metro Movers?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Allstar Metro Movers Company Profile