3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Equipment and Best Monitoring
4.1(16,291)

3x Award Winner

About ADT

ADT provides home security and alarm systems with devices like entry sensors, motion detection, smoke alarms and leak detectors to help ensure your home, family and belongings are protected from intruders and environmental disasters. The company offers professionally installed and DIY installation systems available with modern equipment for intrusion detection, video monitoring and smart-home automation.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Variety of products
  • Reliable service
  • Smart-home connectivity
  • Six-month money-back guarantee
Cons
  • Limited video capabilities
  • Installation cost

Featured Reviews

Verified
Tyler, TX

ADT's customer service is great. My understanding of what I was getting was awesome. I like the security of knowing my house and personal belongings are protected. Also, the addit...

Verified
Hinesville, GA

… Having the system makes me feel more secure in my own home because you don't know what's going to happen. I like it good and I'm happy with ADT. The cameras were not in the pack...

Our editor’s take on ADT

ADT’s plans are ideal for homeowners and others looking for a professionally installed and monitored home alarm system. The company requires longer commitments than some DIY competitors and doesn’t have a month-to-month option, but its variety of products and financing plans make it a strong candidate for anyone who doesn’t mind the contract length.

How customers rated ADT

ADT is an established home security company that offers a range of security solutions for residential and small business properties. Based on reviews from ConsumerAffairs, it appears that customer service is the most common topic mentioned by reviewers, with about two-thirds of those reviews being negative.

Reviewers note that product reliability has improved over the past year when compared to previous years, however, and the products have remained consistently easy to use. Reviewers rarely mention issues with shipping or delivery, and the star rating for ADT has remained fairly consistent.

How satisfied are reviewers with ADT?

Overall, 18,771 people have found the reviews for ADT on ConsumerAffairs helpful.

Our analysis of the reviews on our site surfaced the following trends:

• Customer service is the most mentioned topic by reviewers, with about two-thirds of people leaving reviews on ConsumerAffairs having negative experiences.
  • ADT’s product reliability has improved over the past year when compared to previous years.
  • Reviews left on our site indicate that service technicians have gotten worse over the past three years.
  • ADT’s products have stayed consistently easy to use.
  • The company’s star rating has remained fairly consistent.
  • Customers rarely mention shipping or delivery.

Customer service: Fair

ADT has received mixed feedback from reviewers on ConsumerAffairs regarding their customer service interactions. While some customers have reported positive experiences with helpful and knowledgeable representatives, others have expressed frustration with long wait times, unresponsive customer service, and difficulty canceling their service.

Ease of use: Excellent

Reviewers on ConsumerAffairs have generally given ADT's security systems positive feedback for their ease of use. Many customers have reported that the installation process was straightforward and that the system is easy to navigate and operate.

Some customers have reported technical difficulties with the system, though, including false alarms and difficulties connecting to the mobile app. As with any technology product, individual experiences vary. It's crucial to thoroughly research and assess the system's capabilities before purchase.

Product reliability: Good

Many customers have reported that the system works as expected and provides reliable security, but a few reviewers have expressed frustration with technical issues such as false alarms or malfunctioning equipment.

Compare ADT to other home security companies

ADT equipment and technology

ADT customers can customize their home security packages with additional equipment. Some of ADT’s most popular home security equipment options include:

• Digital touch-screen panel: The digital panel is included with a professionally installed system and serves as the main control point for your ADT security system.
  • Door/window sensors: These sensors detect when someone opens a door or window while your system is armed and alert you via text message.
  • Motion detector: The company’s motion detectors send you custom alerts when a sensor is triggered. ADT states pets do not set off the company’s motion detectors.
  • Google Nest cameras: ADT offers several types of Google Nest cameras, including battery-powered indoor/outdoor cameras, cameras with floodlights attached (for an additional charge) and wired cameras intended for indoor use.
  • Google Nest Doorbell: ADT uses the Google Nest Doorbell, which lets you answer your door from virtually anywhere. The video doorbell function on the ADT mobile app lets you view who is on your front porch in real time and features high-definition video with dewarping technology and two-way audio.

ADT also offers a variety of Google Nest smart-home devices, including Nest Wi-Fi routers, thermostats and the Nest Hub. The company also offers smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, flood detectors and smart door locks. Flexible payment options for equipment installation are also available.

ADT plans and cost

Monthly costs for ADT home security packages range from $28.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Equipment costs range from $599 to $1,387 and up, depending on what optional equipment you choose. If you don’t want to pay upfront, ADT offers flexible payment options.

Each plan also requires a monthly cost for monitoring, which runs from $49.99 a month to $61.99 a month.

You can choose from several ADT home security system packages, including:

• Build Your Own: This is ADT’s least expensive option and comes with a digital touch-screen panel, three window/door sensors and a motion detector. Monitoring and service costs start at $45.99 a month.
  • Smart Home: ADT’s mid-tier package includes a digital touchscreen panel, three door/window sensors, one motion detector and one smart door lock. Monitoring and service costs start at $49.99 a month.
  • Video and Smart Home: The company’s most comprehensive package includes a digital touch-screen panel, three door/window systems, a motion detector, a smart door lock, a Google Nest doorbell and a Google Nest camera that can be used indoors or outdoors. Monitoring and services costs start at $61.99 a month.

For more, see how costs compare for ADT vs. Vector, ADT vs. Xfinity, ADT vs. Cove and ADT vs. Guardian Protection.

FAQ

How does ADT work?

Once you activate your ADT alarm system, it can report a notification, such as a crossed motion sensor, in any monitored zone within your home. If a sensor triggers, the system transmits a signal through a landline, cellular connection and/or broadband connection. ADT monitoring centers receive this alert and begin coordinating a response until the threat is over.

You can arm ADT home security systems either directly on the control panel or through the ADT app, ADT Control. ADT Control gives you instant alerts of activity, access to live video footage and control over your entire system, including smart locks, smart lighting, climate control and your security devices.

Monitoring requires a three-year agreement, and termination fees apply for breaking a contract.

If you like the idea of professional monitoring but don’t want to sign a contract, check out ADT Self Setup, a DIY option.

How long are ADT contracts?

ADT contracts are typically 36 months for the monitoring agreement (24 in California) and 60 months for financing equipment.

How long does ADT take to install?

ADT offers quick, professional installation to ensure your equipment is set up properly. Depending on the size of your home, it could take less than an hour. Larger homes could take a little longer. Here’s what you can expect from the installation process:

1. To prepare for your ADT home security installation, ensure your home has power, a working phone line or Wi-Fi connection and accessible outlets near potential camera locations.
  2. On the day of the installation, technicians arrive to set up your system. For hard-wired setups, installers run wires through the home to each device and sensor, including all door, window and motion sensors.
  3. The technician will walk you through how to use your ADT home security system so you’re confident you’re using everything correctly.
  4. Once the equipment is in place, personalize your protection with customized alerts, video monitoring and emergency alarms.

Professional ADT installation costs start at $99 and vary based on the monitoring package, equipment and features you select. ADT offers a 90-day warranty following the installation. During that time, any necessary service comes at no charge.

Can I add cameras to my ADT system?

Yes, ADT offers Google Nest cameras that can be added to any system with a video monitoring plan.

Do you need a landline for ADT?

Traditional ADT systems work with a landline, while all other monitoring options do not require one.

Is ADT worth it?

We think ADT is worth considering if you want a professionally monitored home security system. People nationwide trust ADT, and it's an industry leader in security monitoring.

ADT offers several products and solutions to help protect homes and families, including an easy-to-use mobile app that sends text alerts and lets you control everything from your mobile device. Plus, the technology connects with smart-home devices for convenient automation.

Over 10k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 62%
  • 15%
  • 8%
  • 4%
  • 11%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?
    Customer ServiceTechOnline & AppReliability

Reviewed June 13, 2024

ADT has been responsive when I've had problems. If I have a false alarm, I know that they're gonna contact me or they're gonna follow through on whatever needs to be done. We've had to upgrade through the years and the last time we upgraded was when we were going to the wireless system. We have an adobe home with very thick walls and we needed an extender. Initially, the techs were not aware of that so they had to come back and fix that. They were excellent at pointing out what we needed. We got the Home Nest through Google and we bought it through ADT and the reps explained all the pros and cons. The techs set it up and it's working like a charm. So, it's that kind of reliability that I appreciate.

The reps take their time in explaining something. If we have an alarm that’s going off or it’s not working quite right, going through the website is not always practical. And if I have to call in, they walk me through the steps to get it so nobody has to come out. So, I appreciate the versatility of the type of customer service that ADT is offering. It's not one size fits all. I'm like everybody else and I wish the price was a little bit less. ADT has had a hard time adjusting my billing. Every three months, I do an electronic transfer and there's a late charge that's being posted to me. So, they have to take off either $2 or $3 almost every quarter. And it's frustrating. This has been going on for several years now and no one ever knows where this charge comes up or why it's even posted this way. But ADT always refunds my money. It's just bizarre.

We took the plan that ADT had with the equipment that was upgraded and extended when we went to the wireless system. It was a very nice plan of being able to do several years without any interest. But I'm not sure if it's related to that. The last time I spoke to one of the agents, she thought that this crazy charge that I've been seeing is not going to be posted now that I'm just paying for the typical maintenance service charge. That's the one complaint I have because it's beyond me that no one can figure this out. It’s very frustrating.

I have to make the call and it's a waste of ADT’s staff's time to chase after this. And I feel bad because it's only $3. But that can add to $36 a year and if this happens to multiple customers, that's a little bit of a gravy boat for ADT. I look at it from a very broad perspective. I can afford this but the woman next door may not be able to if she's even aware of it. It's a charge that should not be there because you can't have a late charge if it's an EFT payment because they just get it electronically transferred on the date that it's due.

I lost my 35-year companion this past year so I had to change a lot of the business stuff. I had to call ADT because the app was under his email and I wanted everything changed. The reps were extremely helpful, very empathetic and kind. In a matter of 10 to 15 minutes, everything was good to go. People are compassionate at ADT. I've never had a situation where somebody sounded impatient or frustrated. We’re older and we weren’t born with all the electronics stuff but ADT's people have always been extremely helpful.

Pinned

Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceMonitoring

Reviewed March 17, 2024

May the 31st, 2011, some guys went down the street, house to house, asked people if they wanted ADT. I told my husband, since this was a bad neighborhood that we live in, “Baby, we need some protection. We need this.” So, they put it up the same day. I wanted to add two more cameras but they told me I had to pay a deal on it. That's why I didn't get it, because I'm here by myself now and I'm afraid to be here by myself. I can sleep better at night.

From my point of view and from my eyesight of looking in and looking out, I need more protection with the cameras with ADT. They never called me back. I tried to do it with a prepaid card. I put $20 on a prepaid card but the card didn't work. So the rep said, “That's okay. That's okay. We'll get back with you later on in the day.” I never heard anything else from it. I'm hurt because I love ADT. I even got signs all out there in my yard, and I need a big camera right here in the back of my house, connected to my phone so I could see what's going on in the back when I'm sleeping at night. I got people all up in up north asking about ADT. One of my friends live way up there in Memphis. I had her to get ADT. A girl in Columbus. I'm working on her, trying to help her get ADT.

I would wake up in the middle of the night. I hit that camera on my phone to see what's going on with my car out there, because people did everything to my car. Also, somebody drove by and took my mailbox off and laid it over the latest ditch. I had to call the police, and they went on my camera and she saw what time they knocked it off. I was back in the bedroom asleep, and I kept hearing something on my front porch. I had a front porch light on. I leave it on all night. I said, “I'm not gonna get up. I'm gonna just go push on my camera ADT on my phone and see who it is.” I didn't recognize this man. He was up there twisting the doorknob and the alarm went off and ADT called me, asked if I was okay. I said, “Yes. I'm fine. Somebody up here just twisting the doorknob, trying to get in.” The rep said, “Let me see. Can I pull it up and see?” They couldn't see it on their end, but I could see it on my end with my phone.

The man said, “Damn it. Let me in here and use this bathroom.” I've never seen the guy in a day in my life. I didn't call the police. I went to my iPhone. I put in loud police sound, and I set it right there in the living room on the coffee table and let it make that alarm. He flew off the porch. I looked at him on my ADT thing, and he said, “She got a police up in this house.” He came back and he still messed with the knob. That fool acted like he didn't understand that was a police alarm. He acted like he didn't care. But I let it keep going and going. I put on this voice thing I did on my phone, and I said, “If you don't leave that doorknob alone, the police is coming down the street and put your ass in jail.” He flew down the street.

Pinned

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate the 5 stars.

Reliability

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2024

Everything seems to be working okay with my ADT system and I'm happy that the equipments seem to be operational. But a lot of the features I have, I haven't really used. I need to use them a little more often. And sometimes, I always get the impression that my cameras never work 100% of the time. If they're not working okay, I don't know if it's my Wi-Fi or what's been tripping it. So that's why I don't look at the cameras a lot. But I never experienced 100% efficiency with them ever. If I go to the cameras, it might work now, but eventually, one of the cameras is going to go out, so I need to look at those cameras often to make sure they are working all the time. If I really had the time to look at those cameras and I'm finding that I'm not getting exactly what I'm paying for, I might have the tendency just to drop everything.

Years ago, when I first got their service, they would come out here and take care of the problem because they want things to be working efficiently. But now they charge for everything, especially if someone's coming out. And with the cameras I had before, they might have been first generation, but they helped me a couple of times. If a deer comes up on my steps and eat my plants, which happens often, I would see the deer, take a picture of it, and send it to my landscaper and ask if he got something he could put out there that could keep this deer away from the fruit. In one case, my landscaper was driving very fast and he hit my mailbox and damaged it. And he didn't tell me about it. But I was able to show him what was caught on the cameras and I told him that he needed to get that fixed. But with the cameras I got now, I don't feel I'm 100% satisfied with them.

At another time, the battery in the basement was weak, so I ordered some batteries. But then, the sensor was giving off a false signal. The guy that came out here told me that he had to charge me. But if it was somebody who was local on my side who came out, changed the batteries, but there was not much he did in there, and they didn't charge me and I'd feel good about that.

Other than that, when I got these cameras years ago, I had to pay a little more money and ADT gave me the indication that they reduced the price and after four years, they would reduce the price significantly for what I pay each month. But when I brought it to their attention last year, they reduced the price by $10. But the other guys were lower. So no one has ever done anything greatly for me with ADT based on my loyalty to them over the years. But there's a need always for a security system, and in most cases, I still would recommend ADT because I don't know the other options out there.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you for the review. Please feel free to reach out so we can do a speed test to ensure the cameras are able to capture/ record without any problems. We can always conduct a virtual service appointment and arrange for a service tech to come out as needed as well.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsOnline & App

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2023

When I first called ADT on their 800 number, I paid some money and I got this credit towards equipment. The rep I talked to was eager but the rep I got after that was a little too eager and was doing a hard sell. He was trying to sell us things we didn't need and was a real go getter. I was a little put off by him. I knew he was going to try to sell us more, which he did, and our credit didn't go as far as I thought it would. It cost us another $300 beyond the credit we had. But he was very professional about the installation. Once we decided what we wanted and what we didn't, he went about and wired things up. He came over the evening before the movers came so we had an empty house with no furniture. He was there for a little more than an hour and was very efficient. Despite that, I don't want him to come again when we renew next February.

There was a $100 installation fee but you got it back supposedly so it didn't cost you anything. The problem was that you had to go to their website and print out your contract. At that time, we were unpacking boxes and I didn't know where the printer was. There was no way to do what we needed to do within the 30 days that we had to do it, so I never got that money back and I felt like they were giving with one hand and taking away with another. Other than that, we're very happy with the package that we got. We have alarms on the windows and the doors. We also have a glass breakage sensor on windows that don't open and we've got the electric eye that would trigger the alarm. We have a CO2 detector as well and the smoke detectors. We have movement sensors, too. We have a cat, so when we leave, we don't put it on the armed away because the cat's movement might trigger the alarm.

I like the idea that I have been contacted by the company, and whenever I've called, I've gotten immediate response. When I got hacked with a credit card, I had to give them a new one, and I got friendly and knowledgeable service. I also had an issue once with the smoke detector when I was trying to put a battery back in and it turned out that I shouldn't have done that. But the company called and resolved everything fine. With ADT, I sleep better knowing that the alarm’s on at night and that we're in a safe part of town where we live. The cost is also not that expensive as we're paying $53 a month right now. We've never had an issue with a break-in and we don't always remember to turn the alarm on when we leave, but the signs deter bad people. Somebody's going to think twice about whether they want to mess with the system or not, and even if we've forgotten to turn it on, I don't think they would take a chance.

Pinned

Hello there! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It's great to hear that you've had a positive overall experience with our security system and that you've found value in the services we provide.

I understand that your initial interactions with our representatives had some ups and downs, and we're sorry if you felt uncomfortable during the sales process. We always aim to provide helpful and informative guidance to our customers, so your feedback is important to us.

Customer ServiceMonitoringCamera & Video

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2023

My wife and I purchased the most expensive system that ADT has. We've got cameras inside the house, outside the house, essentially from every entrance, every exit and the 360s. And it has worked flawlessly. The guys will give their personal phone numbers and if you have any kind of problems, something they failed to do, they'll turn around and come right back. If you put the 360 cameras on the corner of a house, at that point, it can't see through your walls, but you can look around corners with it. And you can raise it up and look at a further distance. You can zoom and set it for its default settings. I'm 65 years old and I can run around my house on my ADT system. I'm sitting on a recliner and I got all my cameras up and in five seconds, I can tell you there's no one in my yard within 100 yards of my house.

We live on a farm and I've got a barn that I can see way out in the field. It's got expensive tractors in it. It's too far for Wi-Fi but it's well lit up. We had some scoundrels moving around our farm and I had an idea, so I called ADT. I asked to speak to a manager and when I told him my idea, he said he was gonna give me the phone number of the secretary to their VP and he wanted me to tell him what I told him. They used to have a system called ADT Pulse and they did away with that system. You had to download another software called Connect in order to see your cameras. To disarm and arm your house, you still sign in to ADT. It's just a different software with different cameras that have higher quality.

I spoke with the secretary and I said we had ADT Pulse. They sound like air raid sirens up on our roof on the north and the south end of our home to where it would draw attention. If it comes on, it sounds like a tornado is coming through. With their connect system, those horns didn't work. I was disappointed about that because they're 110. They're hardwired. I don't do the battery thing. If it's not hardwired in, I don't want it. I don't want to have to call every six months to have batteries put in our stuff and then tell me I've got to pay a fee for them coming out here. I talked to this guy and I said I could see my barn from the house and I got about $4,000 worth of signs that I had on Pulse that ADT just killed. It's just going to waste and the wires are hanging right behind the device that they put to record 30 days’ worth of 24-hour video off of six cameras.

I asked why they couldn't write the code and put a button on my phone that I could download or they could download to my phone that I could set those sirens off without calling the police if I saw somebody out there stealing something out of my barn and making them think that there was a motion detector at the barn. He's the secretary and he said he would talk to his boss. He said he liked it and would make a few phone calls to an engineer. There were seven guys that came, including the VP, and they built these little generators that plug in behind my system. He had his tech download it on my phone. They said they were gonna start marketing this and I was not gonna get any money for it, but I got what I asked for. As long as you know you're not getting ripped off and they don't go up exponentially, that's just the way it is. ADT couldn’t get any better. It beats the hell out of AT&T.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the 5 Stars.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMonitoringContract & Terms

Reviewed July 13, 2024

We moved into this house about two and a half years ago, and it had ADT in it. And where we came from, we had a different company which we were satisfied with but we figured since it already had ADT and the monthly payments look similar, we'd go with ADT. They charge us $1,500 for installation, and they installed two keypads. I can't wait to pay that off and use my three-year contract to get the heck out of there and then drop them like a hot potato. We already had a camera here, so we went with all the trouble we've had with that.

Plus, one of the keypads the other day had blanked out. They wanted to send someone out here to put something so one keypad can communicate with the other keypad, and they were gonna charge us $300 for that. I don't know why because that keypad is right behind the wall with the internet. It worked for two and a half years and now all of a sudden, it goes off and on. And then they were gonna charge me for the little magnetic things on the front door. They were gonna charge me $80 for someone to come out and switch one of those because it wasn't working. So, I said, "I'm not gonna do that. Send me one and I'll change it." So with a screwdriver, I changed the thing and saved 80 bucks. I would never ever deal with ADT again.

As far as billing goes, I had it on my debit card. When I got a new debit card, the data changed. It took about 10 phone calls with the billing department to do away with the late fees and every other thing and redo it again. It's the worst. Just today, I went to my bank and did a payment from my bank rather than using my debit card. That's another thing. Today, I got a bill for 70 something odd dollars. I asked, "$70, what's that for?" They said, "Well, you missed the last three payments on this other one." I said, "I missed them? How did I miss it because my credit card changed?" It was unbelievable.

Once my $1,500 is paid off, it will be goodbye. They want me to leave the stuff on the curb for them to come pick up. They can come and get it. I already called the previous company I was with and said, "Do you charge for installation?" They said, "No, we don't." As a matter of fact, they had given me a discount for being a retired police lieutenant. I should have went with them when we moved up here. Another thing that happened was I shut the alarm off one morning and I went out to the garage. The garage is hooked up to the same system. I got some milk out of the refrigerator in the garage. I came back inside, didn't hear any noise and the next thing I know, I got a ring at the front door and there were two policemen standing there. They said, "Your alarm went off." I said, "It went off? I shut it off when I woke up."

I'm dissatisfied with them. I had to call about 10 different times when my expiration date went off on my debit card. And they kept messing it up, changing this, and charged me late fees after I spoke to them. They didn't notify me for a month or two. Then they said, "You're two months behind on your payments." I said, "What? Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you notify me I was late or the payment didn't go through?" They waited two months and added late fees. I finally talked to someone and got the late fees taken away and I paid the whole thing. And then I got another bill for the same amount that I just paid. So, I don't know if one hand knows what the other hand is doing.

As far as the monitoring fee, it's right up there with everyone else. When we hadn't moved in to the house yet, and the guy came to look at the system and everything else, I said, "Well, we have to leave. Just lock the door when you leave." If he had said, "Oh, by the way, there's gonna be a charge for this." I have no idea what he did but we got charged $1,500 for a house that had ADT. He changed a couple of the door sensors from white to brown because it was a brown door. He did two of those on two front doors. That was it.

Pinned

Hello. We apologize for the frustrating experiences with that services you received. We'd be happy to help go over your installation in regards to what was completed for a better understanding of what you paid for with your installation. The install contract should also be available on MyADT for customers to review at any time. If there any ongoing service or billing concerns you need help with, please reach out to us at AlwaysThere@adt.com with details of those concerns owe can assist. Please include the address and phone number for where the services are located, so we can review further to assist. Thank you.

Reviewed July 12, 2024

ADT's reps were friendly, helpful, and easy to reach. Once I figured out the system, it works really well. But after they replaced the unit, it was doing something where it was taking a picture every day at a certain time of day. I was trying to figure out how to not do that, but apparently, that's a new feature where it tests everything every day. Other than that, the system does what it's supposed to do and I would recommend it to my friends.

Pinned

Hello Eric. Thank you for your 5-star rating and review. We appreciate it.

Customer ServiceMonitoringTech

Reviewed July 11, 2024

My military nurse wife was called up for duty and since I worked, I wanted to make sure that the house was fully protected. So we got ADT and they gave us a great rate. It's a military rate. So we're very, very satisfied with it. The signs alone kind of deter people from thinking about entering this house. ADT made sure that we were up to date with the latest technologies but the price was a little bit too much for us, so we just have a regular doorbell which rings loud enough. We can hear it throughout the house.

Whenever we call ADT, someone answers right away. They are very, very good at what they do, but we've had issues with having our alarm on for certain periods of time, and it's gone off for no reason. We've gotten calls, and then the police had to come out. So we're kind of frustrated a little bit that they don't service us that well. This has been a couple of years back, and they said they fixed it, but it hasn't been fully fixed yet. But that's partially my fault. I haven't called them back since I've been busy with work.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 11, 2024

ADT is a good security service. They've been responsive when alarms went off. So, it gives us peace of mind that we're getting what we're paying for. We had a false alarm. My wife forgot to put the code in to disarm the system and she never heard it, but then 5 to 10 minutes later, an officer was knocking on the door. The representatives at ADT have been all right. It's just the system has a couple of glitches in regards to how the notifications come through. Sometimes, they'll come through immediately and then sometimes, they'll lag. Also, I called ADT and they told me that a service guy would call me back in the next five minutes, and it had been three hours and 16 minutes and I haven't received a call back from the gentleman. So, my experience was not horrible, but it was not the best.

Pinned

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed July 11, 2024

I don't like anything about my cameras or my doorbell. It never works. I can't see anything from my cameras. It's really hard to get anybody out there to do anything. The last time I contacted ADT, I was on the phone for over an hour trying to get the cameras to work. So then they had to send somebody else out, but he couldn't even fix the problem. I have been without cameras since I got new Wi-Fi and that's been about three months. My contract is almost up in October, so I'll be cancelling.

Pinned

Hello Jessica, We're so very sorry to learn of the troublesome experience you've had as an ADT family member. May we please ask you to email our team at alwaysthere@adt.com with a copy of your concern along with the full address/telephone number of the services.

ADT Company Information