Find a Home Automation Systems partner

ADT Home Automation

3.9/5 (121 ratings)
Find a Home Automation Systems partner

Take a home security quiz

Get matched with an authorized partner.

Get started

About ADT Home Automation

Take a home security quiz

Get matched with an authorized partner.

Get started

ADT Home Automation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Home Automation?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT Security Services?

Original review: April 9, 2020

ADT security has horrible customer service. I have been with this company for 1 year this month. From first call this company about billing, payment due date, to trouble shooting something that is not working they always had smart comment or just dont care attitude. They never take the blame for anything or help u with any troubles you have. I would disconnect the service if it wouldnt go on my credit. It has been horrible since day 1.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Glad I decided to cancel. We have been with ADT for 15 years, but now they want us to pay a $270 termination fee because our system was upgraded a few years ago. This is after paying $52 a month. Profits over People!

Original review: March 29, 2020

Do not get ADT!!! I had it installed August 2019. The person that installed it is from an outsourced company. He installed without speaking to me about what he was going to install. He installed $1,100 worth of equipment that I did not want. He ignored when I told him not to install any sensors upstairs. He made a mess when he installed the control panel and left trash all over the house for me to clean up. He was supposed to install the sign in the yard, and my 91 year old father did it.

We had an attempted break-in and ADT called to ask if everything is alright. THEY DID NOT CALL THE POLICE. I HAD TO CALL THE POLICE!!!! The police officer said what a rotten company ADT is and I need to get my money back. My contract is no longer valid because I have made changes to it. I have a doorbell camera and it does not work. I returned $1,100 dollars worth of equipment and got two cameras and my payment has gone from $58 to $63 a month. I am paying for a bunch of equipment that does not work!!! DO NOT GET ADT!!!

Original review: March 16, 2020

When my system started having problems I called their technical support and was instructed how to do a hard reset. Not ten minutes later the same error code came up on my keypad so I called technical support again. This time they had me disconnect the main bus. When I told them the last time I had done a hard reset they said they didn't know why I was told to do that and this would fix the problem. Not ten minutes later same error code and I call technical support for the third time. I explained to them this isn't working and I would like to cancel my service so they hung up on me. I called the cancellation number and was instructed that to cancel my service they will charge me $545.00. So now I'm paying a monthly fee for an alarm that doesn't even work. Cheap equipment, terrible technical support and they charge you for their breach of contract. I will cancel them as soon as my contract is up.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

ADT is known to agree to all your requirement at the time of getting a new customer. But when the installation guy will come in he will tell u he is short of equipment and it will be delivered and added free of charge. During the next appointment to install equipment they tell you that the equipment is NOT COVERED AND WILL FORCE TOU TO PAY FOR THE SAME. Else they will not install. When you call them for what was discussed by 2 previous conversations with ADT they falsify it saying they were not there and wrong info was told by 2 Previous ADT members. You EVENTUALLY END UP PAYING AND DO NOT GET WHAT YOU WANT.. Please Beware... They are cheats. I would never believe what they told you. It has happened twice already with me.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I will make it short, I had ADT install a alarm system in my house about 6 month ago and it's been working good so far. My biggest complaint is that the front part of the monitor is coming apart. The door that covers the number panel is falling off and it won't stay closed. The small clips disintegrated that holds the door closed. I called up customer service and spoke to some guy by the name of William and all I wanted was to send me another panel so I can replace it. He says no can't do that and that there is nothing we can do about that. I didn't know the monitor would fall a part so soon. I'm now waiting for all these monitors stuck on the wall to start falling off due to cheap parts. Bad move on my part by having this company install my alarm system, and I feel sorry for anybody that calls ADT Pulse to gets it done.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Just moved in to a new location, not even three weeks yet and I have four different representatives showed up on the door and forcing me to install the system or start the service. First representative was decent and understand that I’m not ready to decide yet, second representative was not even understanding what I was saying but keep forcing me to have the system installed. I told him that I’m in the middle of my moving yet and I have lot to do yet so I need some time to decide about ADT service. He keep asking me what I’m waiting for, "Are you waiting for your internet to be install?" Then he asked if I’m waiting for my other utilities to be transferred? Then he asked me couple other questions which he has no business to ask. I was very patience and trying to be left alone since I was in the middle of something.

I told him that since I’m home most of the time right now and I would decide after I get settled and move in completely, his answer was yes "I KNOW YOU ARE AT HOME MOST OF THE TIME". That was strange answered from him, How he knows I’m home most of the time? His very next question was, “Are you waiting for someone to BREAK IN TO YOUR HOUSE before you decide about”? I can’t believe ADT representative can ask these kind of questions, just to sell his services, just to make his money, just to get his or her commission, really. And I was not going to write anything regarding but today evening another representative showed up and offering my some free equipment and trying to step in to check my old system without even waiting for my permission. Really guys, is there things are that terrible out there, that we need to getting harass to get the services we don’t need?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I purchased an ADT Alarm system with cameras and the doorbell camera. I had everything installed in May. In June I noticed that my sensors were not working. I called my account rep to have them figure out the issue. Turns out ADT was so excited to make so much money off a new customer, they forgot to set up all my sensors. I was paying for services that weren't even set up! Crazy right? We had a technician come out to configure all the sensors for the doors, windows, etc. They also reimbursed me for the past 2 months which was ok.

Fast forward to now. I called in because I was having issues retrieving images from my doorbell camera. Guess what? Turns out it was never set up to save previous images or recording. Great job ADT for making pay for another service that I THINK I am receiving. I spoke with my account manager again who got me on a call with a technician who didn't seem to know much about how to resolve this issue. Turns out we configured the wrong camera again-so now I have a doorbell camera that doesn't save or record images-I guess it's just there to look nice. I would avoid using ADT. They're so quick to get you as a customer, but do not take the time to do their due diligence, properly install their services and train you on how to use product.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have had an ADT security system for over 10 years. Recently, I decided to upgrade my system to their latest Command and Control System. I did this mainly to add cameras and other smart home capabilities. On the positive, I was able to keep all of my original hard-wired door and window sensors. The new control panel is nice and the cameras work well. I was also able to control GE Z-Wave smart light switches I installed for my outside lights. The app lets me schedule these lights as well as turn them on anytime any of my doors are opened.

My first complaint is that I was told that I would be able to have these lights come on anytime any of the cameras detected motion and started recording. Unfortunately, ADT (Alarm.com) does not have this feature incorporated. Turning on outside lights based on motion detectors is a basic function that needs to be added.

Next, ADT does not currently allow me to schedule the arming / disarming of the system. Primarily what I would like to do is disable the system in the morning so the kids don't inadvertently trip the alarm when opening a door when they leave for school. Finally, this is not critical to me but it would be nice if the ADT system would integrate my Nest thermostats.

I understand that ADT's Pulse system has these capabilities but the Command and Control system does not. The system has a lot of potential but it was not quite ready to be deployed prior to the addition of a lot of these features. ADT says they are working on them (with Alarm.com). I just wish they had done this, or at least fully explained the limitations, before I bought the system.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Adt's local "authorized dealer", tried conning my elderly aunt out of thousands of dollars for the same system that adt provides for free. My aunt just purchased a home in Las Vegas and called what she thought was a number for adt corporate. Turns out, it was a local dealer by the name of Live Smart Automation. They sent a "manager" who appeared to be a drug addict, unkempt, ill fitting clothes, and bad teeth. He "assessed" my aunt's small 2 bedroom house, and said she needed 24!, yes 24 shock sensors for her 6 windows and patio door. He quoted her a "discount" of only $500 per sensor, 12k total, for just sensors. He then told her he could throw in a glass break detector for only $300 and 2 keypads for $1k each. Throw in the "discounted" ring door bell for $900 and installation of $850. The total was almost $17,000!!!! For a basic alarm system.

When my aunt said she would need a family member to look over the contract, he grew hostile and started telling her that since she was old and alone, her home would be broken into and she would be assaulted. After I looked over the contract, I noticed that this company was not directly with adt. I called adt directly, and the woman on the phone could not believe the price they quoted my aunt, and the excessive quantity of sensors they tried to sell her. They apologized extensively, and said that dealers were independent, and unfortunately could charge as much as they felt the customer could afford. They in turn gave her a deal for $50 a month, no installation fee, and all equipment for free.

I called the "manager" and let him know we were not interested, and I didnt appreciate him trying to take advantage of an elderly woman. He then tried to get me to cancel with adt, stating that he could sell me his own supply of equipment (not from live smart or adt) for much cheaper and we could activate it through adt. And he was only going to ask for $3,000 cash for this equipment. Sounds illegal to me. I laughed and hung up. Steer clear of these scammers. Adt should separate themselves from such a business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Not impressed at all! First off the price is ridiculous for what you get. There’s better companies out there that give you better equipment for less. I wish I did my research prior to calling. They also wrapped me in with the first phone call charging me $90 for what? They didn’t even come out to my home yet it made me feel uncomfortable but I went along with it. Now for the install the tech came out to my home and didn’t explain the pricing at all. I just ended up getting a camera that is junk and door sensors and a fire alarm. I’ll admit I like the fire alarm but my tech didn’t even install the sensors. I had to do it! And why can I not view the clips on my camera. It’s literally only good for a live feed nothing more. Recording does nothing and the tech did not explain any of it.

Also where the main panel plugs in at the tech did not do a great job at cutting the drywall. There’s a noticeable hole in my wall. The tech promised to come back with the yard signs and window stickers which he never did and he never updated my payment option that he said he would. Not a very professional install. In fact I should have just done the whole install. I already did half of it. Also what’s up with the contract. It’s too long and expensive for minimal equipment. My buddy has another company with much better equipment. They offer so much more for less and literally have the same smoke alarm. Oh and they can talk into their camera(s). Not a fan so far. I can’t wait to finish this contract and go with a different company. Very poor job ADT.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I totally regret the day I called ADT to install a security package in my home. They are horrible and do not honor their agreement. We have a brand new home and had the security system installed 5 months ago when we moved in. When the installer came out he talked me into adding exterior cameras to my system and I agreed. At the time we were very busy moving and did not shop for cameras, mistakenly I just took the ones the installer provided thinking they were the correct one. Turns out he installed old cameras that are no longer offered and they are terrible. Likely why they are no longer available.

So I called ADT to have them replaced with the correct ones that belong to the "upgrade" package I had originally purchased. After two days of phone calls and being bounced from sales to customer service, I am told I have to pay for the upgrades! Even though THEY gave me the wrong cameras, they are going to charge me to replace them with the correct ones. Ridiculous! Despite the fact that their own website states "6 months satisfaction guarantee" they do not honor their own mistake. I truly wish I had never called them and just purchased Ring or SimpliSafe and assembled my own security package.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

On September 2nd, 2019 I called to disconnect the ADT security system immediately since I sold my home on August 23rd, 2019. Sales rep. started selling their products to keep me. And I informed her again that "I got Simplisafe for my new residence. I DON'T need ADT anymore". Then she informed me that I have to pay for another month according to contract. Although, I was not in any contract. I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I was informed by the representative, "supervisor is not available and he will call me back within 48 hours." At the same time, she confirmed to me that she canceled the service. I will receive an email confirmation. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION. NEITHER SUPERVISOR CALLED ME.

On October 23rd, I received another bill. They did not disconnect the service and billed me. I called them and they were just transferring me here and there. Someone came on the line and informed me as a supervisor. I explained the same situation for the 3rd time. She put me on hold for 30 mins and then hang up. I called them back to disconnect. It's unbelievable, how this ADT wants to keep people and take their money. All they care about money. ....NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. I WILL ALWAYS SHARE THIS STORY TO EVERYONE WHOEVER WANTS TO SWITCH ADT. BAD COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I live in the Chicago area, and have had ADT for 16 years. About 5 years ago, we replaced the touchscreen control panel and added another glass break sensor. The cheap products are not what they used to be. We’ve since been through 2 keypads (in 5 years). And batteries galore on the newer non-hardwired stuff. To make matters worse, we get alerts at 2:00 am about “Glass Break Sensor” (the new one). I called ADT service and a technician came and put a battery in. A few weeks later, same alert. I ask them to bring a new sensor. Tech says it needs a new glass break sensor, but he “doesn’t have one on the truck”. He changes the battery again and tells me to call if it’s still a problem.

1:45 am: Wake up to beeping again. Call ADT and tell them to MAKE SURE tech has a glass break sensor with him. I take ANOTHER day off of work (because ADT service needs a 4 hour window), and tech comes and “doesn’t have any more glass break sensors because he just used it on the last call”. I asked him to leave. He schedules me for this Friday, and asked to have a sensor put in his bin for Friday. We shall see...

Everyone is very nice, and apologies are (agitatingly) plentiful, but apologies don’t get my alarm working correctly. Action does. Why even send techs out without the proper parts, especially when detailed (and confirmed) on the work orders? This in my opinion, is a company-wide fatal flaw. My time means something to me. And they are supposed to call 1/2 hour before they arrive. Only one tech has in 16 years. The system costs me $600 per year in monitoring fees. I’m about to send ADT packing!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Literally the worst experience I have ever had with any company! Security system was very expensive and never functioned properly. Random indications that doors were opening and closing in the house at all hours. The company's solution was to shut down the system. We had a fire in our house and the smoke alarm installed 1 month prior by ADT/Defenders security did not give any indication. Thank the Lord I had multiple other alarms I had installed myself to protect my family.

After 6 attempts to fix and 2 no show appointments, I asked for them to remove the system THAT NEVER WORKED and they refused. I was told they were not responsible for the system functioning and would owe them thousands of dollars to get out of a contract. All this in a 4 month period of dealing with ADT and Defenders - ADT frequently wouldn't speak to me and said I had to deal with Defenders who is even worse! They still charge me even though the system doesn't monitor anything and refuse to fix or give me my money back. This company does not back their product, they do not stand behind their guarantees, and most of all do not care about you or your families safety. I cannot say enough bad things about this company or the people I had to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I purchased a full system with interior monitoring, motion sensors and 2 exterior cameras. In the first 4 months the exterior cameras had to be replaced twice. They had to be rebooted through an ADT rep 5 times and then they said they would upgrade my system for free because I was having so many problems. They DIDNT tell me this 'upgrade' was going to cut the recording time on each camera in half. That is not an upgrade. That is a downgrade and they never said anything. A security camera that records for 30 seconds and then takes 2 minutes to retriever is NOT a security system. So they offered to come out and replace all 3 exterior cameras with new cameras that had a 2 minute record time ...free of charge. I was very grateful.

When the technician came out he said ADT doesnt even make a camera that has a 2 minute record time. So I told him not to change out the cameras. I called customer service, talked with a manager and they said there was nothing they could do. And if I wanted to end my contract early it would cost me $1000. So I closed the credit card account they were billing me from and they can come and take their crap equipment back because I just purchased a RING system and it's fantastic. ADT isn't getting another dime from me and I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I purchased ADT. Spent over 1200 on equipment that was way overpriced. I did not know at the time and ADT just monitored your system and the installers were not from ADT but had ADT shirts. They just provide installation. I had 2 100 dollar visas and they expired because I didn't call right away. Terrible service. I wish I can cancel. Too much money invested in it. If I would have know I was going to have to jump everywhere to contact different department I would have never signed.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We have had ADT monitoring at my wife's dental practice for probably 20 years. It was the system that was installed from the previous owners. It's as basic as it gets. A key pad, two door sensors, and two motion sensors monitored through the phone lines. Recently we decided to switch up the system to something more up to date. The technician stated that our alarm was currently offline when he went to the keypad. Turns out when we switched to voip 9 months ago it meant the alarm system was no longer monitored. I called to express my concern as someone could have broken in and no police would have been notified. They went on to say that it was our responsibility to test the system monthly to make sure it was in communication. To which I replied that we had no idea that was the case.

I asked what if someone had just cut the phone line and broke in. The support person said that that is not their responsibility as a monitoring service. I laughed and asked what their actual responsibility is then? At $50 per month you'd expect some sort of call if a phone line is cut. They just kept saying that is our responsibility and they are just monitoring alarms coming in. What a total joke. After speaking to several people there I realized that they were never going to own up to the fact that their monitoring service is a joke. They are archaic, costly, and a complete joke. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THEM.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I recently purchased an ADT doorbell camera. And the technician that came to my home, Alex ** was amazing. He identified himself with ID, was courteous, respectful, and patiently answered any and all questions. I had a nice chat with him about a myriad of other unrelated issues, and he conducted business professionally. Good job training your people ADT!

Original review: July 12, 2019

We recently bought a home and noticed that much of the ADT equipment was already there from the previous homeowner. I filled out a form to discuss with ADT about continuing the security service. When they reached out to me, they claimed they needed my SSN to verify I could pay monthly. I asked them at least twice to confirm this would not have impact on my credit score and that it wasn't a hard pull. They repeatedly assured me it was not. Lo and behold, after this call, I received a notification from my credit monitoring service that my score was hit. The sales rep explicitly lied to me over a recorded line to try to achieve personal information. I have since gone with another company that is more ethical. It's a bad sign if your own security company can't be trusted to tell you the truth.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We received a lot of calls about problems with the system when everything was ok. It required a lot of maintenance - i.e. phone calls with customer service - to keep the system operating effectively. When we moved 3 miles from our old house, one mile outside of city limits, they wanted us to sign an entirely new 3 year contract, and pay $85 for having to "drive long distance" to set us up. When I declined, they informed me I would need to continue to pay for service for the rest of our old contract.

We came across financial hardship and are $76 behind on payments. We now get a minimum of 2 phone calls a day from some "thing" at ADT - when I called customer service, they informed me it was an automated system to remind me we have a balance due. No one - or thing - ever answers or talks on the call. Just a myriad of calls, every day, with no one on the other line. Because when you are in a time of financial hardship, ADT is really there for you. Service when we were current wasn't great, no help when we had trouble, no help with customer service. I would NOT recommend this. Pick a system that doesn't have "operators" you have to pay every month, that sends alerts to your phone (which we all have on us 24/7 anyway). Save a lot of money, headache, and you'll get better service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have the ADT Pulse system in my house, it's an amazing system that offers you so many options from smart devices like wall lights and wall dimmers to plug in smart lamp devices. ADT are always updating their system to keep up with the current technology and you are able to also connect Schlage smart door locks to the system as well as link up the system with Nest and now Amazon Alexa.

I have a lot of switches and plugs connected to my hub - around 71 switches, but I think you could have as many as 150 which no doubt will be extended. A few months ago I had a problem with my system where a lot (over 50%) of my smart devices suddenly went offline and although I'm very familiar with the system and how to reset it etc, nothing would work and my devices were still offline.

I contacted customer service and explained my situation and spoke with a woman named Adriana ** and she immediately asked me what date would be convenient for me to have their technicians come over to take a look. A technician came and relayed back to her all the switches that were offline and she then said that they would send a technician and an electrician to come over and replace every switch as well as the hub too.

At that time I had so much going on and kept forgetting to get back to her to arrange a date but she kept emailing me until I was able to figure out a date. If it wasn't for her persistence in reaching out to me I probably still wouldn't of gotten round to sorting out a date as my life has been so hectic recently. I am so impressed by her professionalism that I wanted to write a review which is something I don't usually do, so if anyone in Darien, Norwalk area of Connecticut has any issues with their system I strongly suggest they contact her and if anyone in the same area is contemplating purchasing ADT Pulse then hopefully this review will sway them into going ahead as the customer service I encountered with Adriana ** was above and beyond what you typically get with any other company.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I had recently had fire in my home so the insurance company has given authorization for all new smoke detectors So I thought it would be a good time to update my security system as well. I was very interested in the new photocell smoke detectors. The difference from traditional ionic smoke detectors are that photocell detects smoke and actually breaks a light beam to activate the alarm vs sensing for a change of the ionic level in the room. It is easily 2x faster and more accurate.

That's where it starts. Let me just say first of all the sales staff had no idea how the new detectors worked I explained it to them. Then I began to ask about the new system with the Command touch screen panel. I wanted to know if it is compatible with some of the currently installed "Z wave" devices that I have in place because if not I don't need the system. Sales staff indicates yes 100% programmable. Now let me tell you that the techs. are walking into somewhat of a trap if they don't know what they are doing. I'm licensed low-voltage fiber optics network cabling Comp TiA+ Net+ Security Cisco Microsoft and Linux Os.

Now just because we sent a monkey into space and back doesn't mean the monkey knew what he was doing. But to push a button when a certain light or bell came on and he got a banana. Well that's the exact kind of techs they sent me. Smoke detectors mounted on wall instead of already existing spots on ceiling. Glass breaks where no glass was. Doubled sensor on windows and doors Instead of programming the old ones to the new system. They charged me for all new ones. Never linked Ring 2 doorbell to panel. Never linked Nest thermostat. Never linked front door keypad to system. Never hooked up additional 2 cameras so I could hook them up to a monitor. Why? Because first of all they are paid by the job so it's get in get out as fast as possible with no extra set ups. And the other is that they flat out just had no clue how to do it.

They watch a few videos for training. Go out with a tech that has a day more on the job. I have taken over control of the panel and begun to finish installation but then why should I have to do the work that I have gotten a bill for and the system not even online yet. ADT uses the most unethical sales and installation tactics I have ever seen. What happened to taking pride in the work that you do. And I'm still not online and the insurance inspector/adjuster has turned down my request for reimbursement based on the poor installation and won't sign off on that part of the claim until it's corrected. Now going on 3 weeks and waiting for installers to rectify all installation issues. Respectfully TheCHIEFUSNR

Original review: April 6, 2019

Called to find out about the service and it started off ok and then they did a credit check and a manager Peter came on the phone. He stated due to my good credit, he would give me all these extras for 27.99 a month. I stated I wanted someone to come and talk to me and my husband that when he wanted my bank info and I said no he kept pushing me to give it. He informed me if I didn't give it that if someone came to my home I would not get the special and would haven another credit check done. He then again started pushing for my bank info and would not stop. I finally disconnected. Not pleased with people who are pushing. I would not deal with people that if they are this pushing I can only imagine what it would be like down the road.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I've been a customer for a couple years now but it wasn't until recently I started having severe issues with them. Each time your contract is up you experience a ton of calls with salesmen pushes. My husband and I were unsure if we would sign another contract last time this occurred because we were planning on moving to our forever home in a year and didn't want to sign a 36 month contract. The salesmen assured us over and over again as long as we move with ADT service there would be no fees. We were still very unsure so he offer us a 24 month contract instead of the typical 36 month contract. WE felt a little better with it so we signed the contract and the rider.

Now, a year into our contract I called on Monday to transfer services to our new home next month (following their 30 month day notice) and it took over an hour and when they got to the installation portion of the move I was informed I needed to pay $75 asap or lose the transfer! What happened to NO FEES. To be honest I was completely exhausted with them and said I was very displeased but gave them our credit card information.

Then two days later I receive a bill for $649 due before our move in date. I immediately went online to my account and saw my contract was canceled and another one was created for another 36 months instead and the new contract didn't even come close to the same equipment we currently have. Who in the right mind who stay with a company that fined them for moving and then removed accessories from their security package?!

I immediately called and was transferred over and over again! No one could help, one guy even lost his temper with me and refused to let me speak with any manager. Finally after nearly an hour and a half waiting I spoke to a lady in the 'advocacy department'. She wrote down all my concerns and said she'd call me back the very next day. I'm still waiting. No answer on her end when I call her direct line.

-I want the $649 bill removed asap.
-I don't want to cancel my current contract OR start a new contract.

-I want the same package I'm paying for at our new location.

BUT ADT has failed to help in any way and every time I call I get different answers. And after reading review after review about their horrible customer service online I feel it's my duty to spread this awareness around as much as possible to others. And ADT shame on you, you had customers for life in us once.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We just had ADT installed Saturday, we were told that we would get a doorbell camera and two other outdoor cameras but would have to wait a few days for them to come back and install. Well they called today and informed us that we would have to now purchase them and that the cameras are not included after they sold us on this package that included it. So I call customer service and get a company line and ask for a supervisor and the lady refused to transfer me to a supervisor. We canceled the and will never use them again. Shady untrustworthy people wanting you to trust them to protect your home, lol.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I purchased ADT services just 10 days before. I already got three charges on my credit card. I am trying hard to stop the service but they are asking to have early termination fee which will be $1000+. I am feeling like I gave a security contract to a thief. Feeling trapped and unsecured.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Buyer be aware! We had ADT for 5 years and paid in full every single year. It was a hassle though because every year they try hike up their prices for loyal members while giving new members amazing discounts. I was sick of this tactic and when they called for payment for the new year, I said no thank you and canceled. After that I received hundreds of calls trying to have me return as a customer. I then just recently received a bill from a collection service saying I owe ADT $300.

This is 5 months AFTER I canceled and now they are claiming they weren’t aware that I canceled?? So you’re telling me that for the last 5 years I paid in full and this year I haven’t paid for 5 months but you were unaware of my cancelation? Oh and of course they have no record of my cancelation (what a coincidence). SCAM! Don’t use them. There are so many other security companies that don’t play these games. Not to mention, ADT has old outdated equipment that cannot compete with the newer companies. Never again... Horrible company and sketchy business practices!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

ADT will keep your $$$ at time of cancellation, so make sure to cancel more than 30 days in advance. If you are not sure when your 30 days starts I feel your pain...like making sure the sale of the house closes. I called ADT and spoke with a customer care representative and had them email me a cancellation form on 11-27-18, I told them I did not want to cancel my service until the house closed, they said since I was out of contract and had been a good customer that would be fine. I emailed them 1-3-19 to cancel and thought it would be ok, my service is due 4th of the month.

They will not refund January's premium as they were still monitoring??? Monitoring what??? They say that they have the right to take up to 30 days to cancel. Since when is this an acceptable business answer? "We will always take the 30 days to cancel so we can steal your money," is what they should say. I then received a notice on Jan 13 that they were hitting my credit card again for the month of February, even though the bill is not due till Feb 4. I called ADT and they said my account is cancelled yet they are still billing me??? And it is still getting paid. I now have to go to my credit card company and dispute charges due to their unethical business practices, so now we get to make 4 people work harder and do extra work because they have to steal from their customers. ADT for the new house when it's done????

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

ADT installation and contracts are misleading!!! Requested the basic security service for 27.99/month, but the installer convinced me to take the ADT Pulse service for 52.99/month with a 6-month ADT Money Back Guarantee and now they are backing out to offer me to downgrade.

ADT Home Automation Company Information