AAA Liner and Cover Experts

Peal River, NY

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could give AAA Liner and Cover "Experts", zero stars, I would. Please do not hire them!! I had them install a new liner in my pool in June of 2010 and have had nothing but problems ever since. We paid almost $4000.00 for the liner, and from the beginning, we have had wrinkles in the shallow end. When I called to complain, I reached an answering service who then has "Al" call back. He is very hard to reach. When I finally got him on the phone, and told him I had a problem, he hung up on me. Any warranty from them is an absolute joke, and once they have your money, they have absolutely no intention of fixing anything. More recently, the "liner lock" around the pool is not holding, and the liner is slipping into the pool. Unfortunately, I will probably need to replace this liner, even though it is only 6 years old. AAA Liner and Cover Experts are the absolute worst. Please do not waste your money!!

Bought liner, salesman Danny, mobile number **. Al, his boss **, company phone **. This company is a piece of **. Installed the liner 2 years ago. When the pool was finally filled had wrinkles in. Got a hold of Al, told me to call Dan. The tech ** called, set real times. Said he was coming by, never did. Whoever measured pool was an **. 3rd season, now wrinkles in shallow end. 3,200 dollars wasted. We all work hard for our money and you have scum bags rip you off. I would never recommend this company to a dog. Al is a real piece of **. I believe in life what goes around comes back around. Al, Dan, Dan the tech, your day will come.

We purchased our pool liner four years ago -- the first year we had a problem with the liner pulling away from the coping -- AAA Liner company came out and fixed it! Second Year - liner was pulling away from coping in many spots -- called the company, they came out and fixed it again. Third year, it was worse - leaking and pulling away from the coping. AAA liner company would not come out to fix our problem and hung up the phone on us -- told us we needed liner lock! This year we had a diver come out to patch all of the leaks and liner is pulling away from the coping again.

Looks like we will have to replace the liner and it is only the 4th season! Pool liners should last a least 10 years! Do not use this company for your pool needs. You will be sorry, not worth the better price -- pay a bit more and buy a quality pool liner. This company ripped us off! Horrible people to deal with too! They take your money and install a cheap liner that will only look good the first year! We wish we could sue this company. My husband works for a testing company, may send out a sample out to get more information about the quality - perhaps false advertising!!

Broken up business. Call one number, yet deal with individual contractors. Different guy for estimate, measurement, & then installing. They all verbalize that they are not responsible for the other guy's job. Poor communication & professionalism. Nasty, unprofessional. They let the customer see their own frustration. Put responsibilities back on you. Make you feel bad. Then horrible follow-through from one person to the next. They all talk like they are white trash. It's all lies. How can they warranty everything they say they will when you can't even get them on the phone? Messed up on installation. Then tried blaming me that my plastic liner lock clips were dry rotted. After all of these supposed EXPERTS were at my home, wouldn't someone have said that before?? Crappy work on my vermiculite. Just a terrible, horrible experience!!

When I say run, you run. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. Starting with Danny the sales rep, through Kenny the installer, to Al the disrespondent. Pool liner installed with many issues, green water to start, no liner lock installed in shallow end and vermiculite thrown into my flowerbeds and hardened on our walkway around the pool. Attempts to contact Danny went unanswered and when he did call back, he forced me back on the installer, Kenny, who either had no room in his voice mail, or one day told me that he left his phone at home on his driveway. Now a year later after WE install new liner lock, spend a lot of money to get the green water clear, we find that over the winter the liner lifted and now has bubbled out near the top of the liner near the liner lock halfway around the pool. Of course when we finally get a hold of AL, he lets us know to correct it, it will cost approximately $900.00. This company has no respect for its clients or its own work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Liner and Cover Experts?

Ordered pool liner. Installed pool liner July of 2013. While installing pool liner Danny the tech said if you have any issues with wrinkles call when the pool completely filled. There were wrinkles on the stairs. I called Danny - no response. Then I called Al from AAA Liner - no return calls. Now here it is September 2013 so I closed the pool. I opened the pool May 30, 2014. I called Al from AAA Liners and told him I want the wrinkles fixed and resolved. One week goes by no AAA Liner so I called Al again. He tells me call Danny. I was pissed so I called Danny. No response so I left him a text message - "Called you twice. Have some common courtesy to call and tell me you are busy and you cannot make it out to me now but you will get there. I will not let this rest - this will get resolved." This was June 6, 2014.

June 7 he responded. "Very busy, will stop by this week. Most likely Tuesday... Ty" - Dan. In bed sick today so I responded. "Thank you. Come any time. Pool open ok." June 11 - no Danny. "What's up? Pool liner not fixed." I texted him June 13. I texted him “Did you get to my house?” No response from Danny so I texted him again June 14. I am seriously losing my patience. No response, fuels my anger. I want this resolved immediately so June 15 I get a text "Happy Father’s Day. See you this week. Working in area so it will def. work... Ty." - Dan. No Dan. June 21, I leave a text “Once again I'm leaving you a message. You did not show up.” Once again I called Al from AAA Liners. Told him I want this resolved. Told him I do not want Dan. He is useless. Got nowhere. I placed a call again on July 9, 2014. Told Al what the hell is going on. He tells me a line if crap wait for Dan. Told him I do not want Dan. This company is the worst in fixing their mistakes.

I read other reviews (too bad I didn't check here before hiring AAA; we tried a couple of times to back out, but our "trusted" pool service company owner, Takis of Olympia in Mamaroneck, vouched for AAA and AAA's owner, Paul, Takis's friend) and I think our story is worse than all of them.

Last spring, we needed a new liner and Olympia recommended we have steps installed at the same time. (We had only ladders.) A slick and obnoxious sales rep came out. We chose a liner but were offered no choices for different steps. It took forever for them to come drain the pool and measure. All the work was done by Piotr ** of Global Swimming Pools, apparently subcontracted by AAA. When Peter removed the cover, he flung it onto plants and left stakes lying around. Someone carrying a pot tripped over one of the stakes and fell, breaking -- the pot, fortunately not her arthritic knee. The liner was supposed to be ordered at the same time, but the subcontractor said he had to order, drop in, and measure the steps in the pool first.

The steps arrived, crappy, jagged aluminum steps that looked like I could have made them. Then there was another whole saga about measuring. That took forever. For a long time, a broken measuring tape sat in the bottom of the pool before an actually competent and not rude man came and efficiently measured. (We signed the contract in May but did not have the pool full and ready -- not safe, just full -- until mid-July.)

The liner finally arrived and was installed. Peter used a hoe and his feet to push sand up around the steps. (They turned out to be corner steps. He had asked me which corner, we split 50-50 but I finally decided on the far corner. Good thing. If he had put them where I preferred, the steps would have blocked the water coming out of the filter! Imagine!)

He put a railing that didn't work with the pool at all along the end of the pool, not extending into it. He didn't attach it so it swayed out over the pool if one grabbed it. Finally time to try the pool, after two heat waves. The steps had different drops, all too steep (11" and 13"). When one reached the bottom of the steps, there was a steep drop off. The liner was slick so one slid and fell. That doesn't sound bad because one just fell into water, but it caused a lurch and wrench of the back. One couldn't hold onto the rail to stay upright. All along the shallow end there was a steep drop off. One could no longer stand at the shallow end. It was never like this before.

The liner was wrinkled all over, and dirt collects in the creases. Peter's boot prints are visible all over, including at the deep end (8 feet) around the drain. I paid for the liner but stopped the checks for the steps. In a phone call with AAA when they discovered I had stopped the checks (at a cost of $180, because Peter insisted I write all the checks in advance, something they call a "payment plan" - good thing!), I agreed to pay for the steps this spring if they fixed the pool. The trouble is, even if we remove the steps, the bottom has to be fixed and it will require a new liner. Yet that was our agreement.

When I called this spring, I had to describe the situation from scratch to an employee. He said he would see what he could do but said Paul was saying yes to some jobs and putting others on hold. He called back sooner than I expected and relayed the message from Paul that the pool was fine and he would do nothing, and I would have to pay before they would talk to me. I see. I can fully trust them AFTER I have paid in full, to come out and rectify it? I know they won't and was pretty much told as such.

It was finally explained to me what the problem was. Our shallow end was too deep for these pre-fab corner steps. To have this work, we would either have to buy more sand, an expensive proposition, to build up the shallow end to meet the steps, or we would need custom steps that were longer and more gradual to meet the sand, also an expensive proposition. My problem with this explanation by AAA Liners is this: I am not a pool expert; I did not know the package they sold me would not work in this pool. They signed a contract. Instead of wrecking the pool, they should have backed out of the contract and said we can't do it, or they should have eaten their mistake in signing a contract for a lower amount than it would have cost to do the job properly. As it is, most adults using the pool just use the ladder in the deep end. The ladder in the shallow end had to be removed for the steps. The really serious problem is that now the bottom has a sharp drop at the shallow end that makes the pool treacherous, and a rail (the second one) that cuts across the steps so one can use only one side of the steps. Even if AAA were somehow in the right about this serious problem, there is no excuse for the boot prints and the creases.

When I looked up AAA after the fact last fall on Better Business Bureau NY, they had an F rating for failing to rectify problems. When I looked them up again this spring, to file a complaint, they had removed themselves so I cannot. I did not file a complaint last August because they were making promises to rectify the situation, drop in center steps for the summer (but that turned out to be impossible also -- something they did not tell me until I called two weeks after those steps were supposed to be installed). If I start over with a new company and just go back to the ladders, I will have to pay for a liner all over again, plus repair to the bottom which has been crudely reconfigured with lumps, and $700 to empty and refill the pool. I have already spent too much.

When I called Olympia, which got me into this mess with this bad company, and did seem to be regretful, to say, "just open the pool; at least I want to swim this summer," they hung up on me! I feel badly used and have an expensive mess on my hands.

This is a horrible company that everyone should stay away from you. They are nice up front, but then they do a horrible job and are rude to you and refuse to correct their mistakes. The line they put in for me was too small and falls down every winter. Cost me an extra $100+ to have it put back in. AAA has never once come out to do anything and tell me it's my fault that I put too many chemicals in the pool and that is why it falls down. I'm taking them to small claims!

AAA Pool Liner was hired by my wife and I to install a replacement liner in our in-ground pool. The job was supposed to take two days and we were promised to be able to swim in the pool by the 4th of July. That never happened. The installer left the vacuum hose hooked up to the pool liner and he didn't return to finish the job until five days later. By that time a large wrinkle was made because the vacuum hose was not removed. The installer blamed me for not removing the hose (l thought that was what I was paying him to do). I called and voiced my complaint to the customer service representative (Al). He told me to call the installer. I called the installer. The installer (Kenny) told me he was not coming back out and that there is nothing he was going to do to correct the matter. I have all the conversations recorded and all my documentations. The only alternative left is court.

DO NOT USE AAA LINERS! We, too, just purchased a liner from AAA liners, NJ. After getting sucked in by the slick-talking salesman, everything went downhill from there. I think his book of recommendations was made up for family members. I should have called each one. Don't let the attractive price fool you. You get what you pay for. I'll try to be brief. After telling us "You'll be in the pool for Memorial Day," we weren't. It took two weeks after being measured for the liner installation to begin (after they cancelled last minute the week before) as the water was not delivered this day. It took almost another 2 weeks for the installer to return. We were repeatedly reminded that they were in NJ and we were in NH. WHY DID THEY TAKE THE JOB IF DISTANCE WAS AN ISSUE!?

He finally comes back and finishes up only for us to discover the next day that he did not cut a hole for the drain filter at the bottom of the pool! Okay, so he finally comes out at 8 at night, during a Bruins playoff game no less. It is dark out and he does not have any of his scuba gear. Needless to say, he did NOT fix it. We had to have a local diver come out from a local pool store to fix it. After returning from vacation, our pool is finally done (it is July 4th weekend). Water gets warm and I go in for a dip... 4 1/2 foot and a 1-foot wrinkle in our shallow end. I haven't ventured to the floor of the deep end. I'm afraid of what I will find. The seams are obvious and one can feel them with one's feet. During this whole process, our calls to customer service were not returned. Well, come Monday, they will be getting another one!

AAA Liners and Covers Experts, NJ: The story I have is 9 pages long with this company but the gist of it is we were also scammed $3,900 to have a new liner put in our pool the same week. And oddly enough, the same scenario as the guy in West Springfield which is really funny (ha-ha joking) that we were told that Josh was going there the same day. He did our pool when he was finished Monday, June 18th at 3:30 pm. I have all my conversations documented and pictures to prove all the problems with my liner from the corner being too far away from the pool walls, to 2 wrinkles in the deep end corners, gouges in my liner from fingernails, and an area of the seam of the liner already starting to come apart. Need I go on? We also have had multiple calls to this company, and I have talked to everyone who services the New England area.

I live in Saugus, MA and can tell you the service of being hung up on and the runaround, and passing of the buck. I am so upset that my husband and I were so stupid... However, I am not stopping at that. I have letters and pictures going out to the Consumer Protection Agency as of today along with testimony that I had other pool companies take a look at my pool and documented that this has been done completely wrong!!! Guess what AAA Liner, you have messed with the wrong person!

In May 2013, I, like most of the people on this forum, bought into this company's false advertisement and promises. Their low price and great warranty made me think this was a great deal, but now I regret every moment I thought that.

They were supposed to install the liner before the Memorial Day weekend, and do everything within 2-3 days. However, today is already June 17th, and the pool is still not even close to usable condition. They got it to the point where it started to fill up with water, which took them one week, which, according to the contract, you need to pay, and ever since, they never came back to cut open the holes for the skimmers or return drains. The sand walls have been washed out on both sides of the pool. There are wrinkles all over that, which is supposedly gonna go away with some water on top.

Been calling them multiple times a day, but they only got back after about 20 calls, with more false promises which they don't seem to keep. I'm a full-time working student and just wanted to do something nice for my parents, who live in West Springfield, Massachusetts, but now it looks like I've lost all my savings and made the pool unusable. I still keep calling them every half an hour to an hour, but they just ignore my calls and send me to a voice mail. When I called from a different number, they picked up, had nothing to say, promised to call back, but still nothing. Overall, I lost almost $4,000 down the drain, plus the amount of water it took to get up to four inches on the shallow drain.

In 2007, based upon glowing reviews and recommendations, we had them replace the liner in our Grecian ground pool. The top step was wrinkled, and they promised to return to fix it. Not once they were paid. Several calls over 3 months went unanswered. We didn't even know that a wrinkled liner would be a problem other than cosmetic, but it is now leaking and we are having difficulty having someone who will even come out to fix this. It is too big to patch ourselves. We DON'T have several thousand dollars more to use! This company should be investigated.

We had a new liner put in in June 2011. I should have known when I had to call them multiple times during the process to find out why they weren't here when they were supposed to be here. What they said would take two weeks took four. I could have lived with that, but the second Paul had our check in hand, he refused to take more calls. The new liner has been falling out of the coping since day one. He sent someone out to fix it once. After that, the repair person told me they would have to charge us to come out. The constant pooling of the coping has caused huge wrinkles in the bottom of the liner. We tried to hire another pool company to install a liner lock to prevent the liner from falling anymore, only to find out that the liner was not measured properly and cannot be fixed. $4,300 down the toilet.

Purchased a lifetime warranty with AAA Liner Experts, Cranford NJ for a wrinkle free liner. Paid $3899 for 15/30 above ground pool(I don't know what possessed me to trust these scam artist) Four years later, the pool looks horrible, all wrinkled and half of it leaked during the winter. Paul and Company refused to service and replace, ignoring the responsibility of the lifetime warranty. My next step is to take them to court.

We bought a house in September that needed a new pool liner. In March, we shopped around for people to give us estimates for a new pool liner. We went with AAA Liner and Cover, because they offered the best warranty for the price. They told us we would get a 25-gauge liner with a lifetime warranty. The contract was signed, and the liner was put in. We had to buy sand and 2 truckloads of water. We did so. After 12 days, the liner split and spilled all 12,000 gallons of water on my lawn. We contacted AAA, and they replaced the liner and water after approximately 2 weeks. After 9 days, the second liner split; this time, it's gushing water out that also pushed the sand out from under the liner.

After numerous calls, they finally got back to us and begged for forgiveness. I told them they had one more chance or I wanted my money for the liner, sand, and water back. They told me they would put in the highest gauge liner (I thought we already had in the first place. So this is false advertisement.) and replace the sand and water and that a different crew would do the work.

A week later, I was called by the same man that had put in the other liner and told me he would be able to do the work in a week. I was not supposed to have this man do the work again. I called the supervisor 3 times in one day, and he never cared enough to call me back. When he finally did call me back, he sounded agitated that I was bothering him. They have to right their wrongs and either fix my pool right or refund me all my money that I have put into it. This is the money for the liner, sand, and water.

I will not have this ruin another one of my holidays because these people can't do their job right. I have to tell my daughter everyday that she can't go in the pool because it's broke and she only can look at it. (What a tease.) It has been 95 out, and we bought a house with a pool so we could be cool. We paid the money in good faith. Now, AAA has to step up to the plate and do what is right.

This contract was drawn on 9/6/08 and since then, we have had nothing but trouble with the completion of this contract. It was redone twice and still, we have paint falling off the walls of the pool. On 9/28/10, we hired an attorney, Stoloff & Silver, LLP to get it restored. Well, it helped and Dan sent a crew to re-prime and apply acrylic paint. We have a 10-year on this work and still having problems. As of 4/1/11, the work that was done in 2010 is now peeling off again.

We have tried to get him to do the repair and all we get is, "I will take care of the problem." After many phone calls to Dan, Donna and Jeff, still, no one has showed up to do the repairs. Today is 5/19/11 and still, no work is being done. I would like to fill my pool for Memorial Day, but it looks like it will be filled in the condition that it's in. Please help us with this problem. We are all retired people who try to enjoy our small cottages in upstate NY for the short summer that we have. Thank you.

In July 2009 I hired AAA Liner and Cover Experts Corp. to repair my above ground pool. After their inspection I was told the cost for repairs would be $1515, which I paid. During repairs I was told they needed another payment of roughly $300 for materials. I paid that, too. After repairs were said to be done, we filled our pool. It was then we saw the repairs had not been completed. The pool had to be drained and AAA Liner and Cover came out to "fix" what was never fixed in the first place.

We filled our pool a second time. Again, the repairs were not complete. This time we didn't have to drain the pool, because the new liner they installed leaked, so my pool was drained again. I have called this company repeatedly and no one calls me back. Workmanship is covered for one year, and it's coming up on one year. I am out close to $2000 because of this and that's not including two pools full of water wasted.

AAA Liner and Cover Experts Company Profile