1.12/5

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Four Seasons Nursery

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

99 Four Seasons Nursery Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2018

Ordered some flowering plants in the fall of 2017 worth over $50. When arrived, they all were dried up. I called the company, they mentioned to go ahead and plant them, and wait for spring to see how they survive. Well, spring is here and not surprisingly, none but one plant has come alive. I tried calling the company, but their phone line always gives a busy signal. I do not recommend buying from them. I know I will not do any business with them again.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I ordered hundreds of dollars of trees, flowering shrubs, and perennial plants. The quality was so bad that I do not expect to succeed in getting the plants to survive. The hybrid poplar trees are sprouts with dried roots; what roots were left on the sprouts. Each sprout was from a rootstock that varied in an 60-degree angle from the rootstock. I ordered trees not rootstock. The flowering shrubs were less than 10 inch tall in a small cup along with the elephant ears. The rest of the plants I ordered were small roots placed in a plastic bag. What a joke! This company needs to be put out of business! Stay away, go to a reliable company or better, go to a local nursery.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I ordered three bare-root plants of Black-Eyed Susans for $6.99 and only one of the three plant arrived in a plastic bag that was marked to contain 3 plants. Another item never arrived nor was there an explanation. The order was marked as filled by #**. When there are so many companies to order plants why should I ever come back here again? I've learned my lesson.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Never purchase from here, unless you can visit in person. Worst customer service ever. If you are going to do business in this century and use the internet; then please be able to address returns or complaints using the same internet that you took the Money from. I ordered 24 plants and received 18. After being made to the use snail mail to request what I was missing two times I was then told I was only charged for 18. Great customer service.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I bought 24 blue spruce, 4 pecan trees, 2 blueberry plants and 40 privet hedge on March 31, 2017. I planted everything shortly after receiving them. Within a month everything but the blueberry plants were dead. I wanted a refund minus the blueberry. They said it had to be within 14 days, they didn't die that fast. They replaced them and I quickly planted them. Two weeks and they were all dead. I am not going to plant them 3 times. I wish I had read reviews before buying. This company is nothing more than a scam, they sell GARBAGE. Do not waste your money. I threw away $160.90 on CRAP! Since only the 2 blueberries lived they cost $80 each. RIPOFF!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I swear this business is run out of somebody's basement. They must have tons of 1st time customers and very little repeat business. Lord, let's see: #1 - it took well over a month to get the order. #2 - I ordered 2 blueberry bushes and got 2 sweet pea plants instead (That died). The thing that I really wanted was the blue rose bush. I planted that. It was the only thing that looked half alive. It's not in a really sunny area so it took a while and finally I saw buds. Tonight I came home and one had opened. Was it blue? Hell no, it was red! I don't believe a blue rose bush exists.

I emailed them tonight. I'd been in contact with them like everybody else here has. I won't hold my breath for a replacement, and if I did get one, it'll probably be red again. I cannot believe they can even stay in business. They charged my card for the order and had my money a month before they even processed it. They are the absolute worst, hands down. I don't think I've seen anybody rate them with more than 1 star. I will definitely check this site before buying anything again.

Original review: July 9, 2017

On April 19, 2017 I sent a check for $40.97 for Canadian Hemlock. The order that came was less than satisfactory to put it mildly. Most of the plants were dry, small and poorly packaged. I planted them all in good soil and to date only one or two look like they will live. I was expecting plants that could produce good size in a few years, not forever. This is the most pathetic rip off ever.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I ordered several plants and the Bonfire Euphorbia are 1'' tall and may possibly be seen in the massive garden in 10 years. They arrived dead and nursing them back to life. I now have 1'' plants mostly dead. This is not the description in their catalog.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have been suckered twice. Last year I ordered in late spring. My ordered was filled in September. I was so concerned that planting that late that I would have no success. Some of the free bulbs did grow but, not until this spring. Other things did not even come to me live. The weeping willow was a complete dud. This year I took another chance and ordered early but, again I've planted sticks. The dogwood, white birch, tulip trees are getting water and fertilizers but, again duds. I figured it was my loss because I had forgotten that they were the company I ordered from last year.

Now, their name will be forever etched in my brain. I agree with one of the other complaints. Their catalog is bright and beautiful and very intriguing. The outcome is much more disappointing. The cash is gone and the enthusiasm is dimmed. I did nothing to contact them or anyone else in regards to recovering anything. How does the saying go? Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me! I also never received a confirmation for the order, a thank you for the order nor, an invoice with the order even, spending near a hundred dollars. But, hopefully my experience will help others to NOT ORDER from them. I did not do the research I should have before ordering. If their catalog shows up in the mail I will immediately add it to the recycle bin.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I ordered $108. worth of plants from you on March 23, 2017. Ordered off of the web **. I cannot send a copy of the invoice from the web because there is no place on here to allow me to. I am not at all happy with this order. I called Capital One the day your order arrived which was 2 days after I called in and complained and so I noticed the roots sticking out of the bag. So I decided to go ahead and plant them, but maybe half are alive. So I do not want anymore.

I cannot send the invoice because Capital One kept it when I filed a complaint. Which they refuse to acknowledge. I do not want any replacements. The 12 burning bushes were dead, the 2 pecan trees, 4 rose of Sharon, and 10 of the purple leaf plum hedges are dead. I will never order from your company again. You waited to send it when I reported it to my credit card. The roots were sticking out of the plastic bag. They never ever contacted me of a delivery.

Four Seasons Nursery Company Information