1.12/5

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Four Seasons Nursery

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

96 Four Seasons Nursery Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2015

I ordered tayberries in early April 2015. Emailed and nothing for over 1.5 months. They arrived and it was dried up twigs, dead. The second order came and it was all dead and diseased. One package looked like worms you get at a sporting goods store or a sushi restaurant. I finally got a hold of someone and she said the plants were diseased. So the company knew they send out dead diseased stuff. So she said have I been paying attention to the weather back east it was bad this last winter... WHO cares!! Then she goes off saying they have had issues finding help for the shipping with the company.... Who cares. Then she goes off with a policy review of company policy.

I asked "I want a receipt. By law you have to provide a receipt of purchase", and I asked for a manager. She goes off that "he cannot help you the same as I can help you." What gives? Why are these people still in business? I called the BBB in Peoria and I am waiting for a call back. And going to call the Illinois Agriculture Dept. I spent well over 200 dollars and called my credit card company to file money back.

Original review: June 11, 2015

Elderly neighbor received wrong items. He contacted them by phone and was told he needed to mail/email letter to company to request the right items. Since he has no computer access, he asked me to do it for him. After several email attempts and order verification, I called company myself to find out what was the problem. Lady I talked to got belligerent and refused to send right items or refund the gentleman's money.

Original review: June 7, 2015

I ordered $133.31 worth of trees and plants. They hadn't come when it was time for planting season so I called them. The lady told me that the fruit trees haven't arrived yet. So I called the next day and cancelled the order. That lady told me it was too late that they were already sent. A week later they arrived. The 8 stick fruit trees had no leaves. The strawberries, pampas were brown. We planted the next day. Fruit trees is dead. Maybe 10 of the 100 strawberries may live. 4 out of 6 pampas is dead. I contacted the nursery many time, they keep giving me a run around on my refund. I will NEVER order from them again.

Original review: June 2, 2015

We ordered plants from 4Seasons Nurseries May 7 using our charge card. We received a note back and a order number. But since then have not heard from them. I try to call their number but they do not answer their phone. I emailed them quite a few times and got the same email over and over again: "Thank You for your email. Spring has sprung, and this is a very busy time of the year for us! We do want to acknowledge that we have received your email, but please allow 2 to 3 business days for us to respond. Please know that we value you as a customer and will try to respond as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and Happy Gardening! Thank You, Customer Care."

I finally checked online and found out they have 10 other affiliates - which is a Division of Plantron Inc. I tried every phone number possible with no response. I finally got the original magazine that they sent us and called their ordering phone number. I did get a person, but she could not tell me when or if our order shipped. She gave me the email for customer service - customerservice@4seasonsnurseries.com. I sent them a email telling them to cancel my order and to send my money back. This is the note I got:

"We have received your order, which has been scheduled for spring shipping. We are currently shipping to your area and are sending orders out as quickly as possible. We are still getting a lot of nursery stock in from the fields and are shipping as soon as the plants are prepared. We apologize as we do not make outbound calls. You are welcome to email us for the status. Also, just as a reminder, once you have received your order be sure to hold onto the original shipping label from the outside of the package for your one year replacement guarantee. Thank you and Happy Gardening! Thank you, Customer Care."

I received another note from them after I told them I will check into legal action against them: "We are unable to provide exact shipping dates, as they vary based on the weather and the availability of the plants that were requested. Your order is currently in our shipping department and scheduled to be shipped out as soon as possible. Thank you, Customer Care." I didn't want to ask for an exact shipping date, I wanted to know if there was a problem with one of the things we were ordering and if it was not available, please ship the rest of the order. But again I could not talk to an actual person. Terrible customer service. I will not order from them again or recommend them.

Original review: May 29, 2015

I ordered many plants, costing over $75. I never received and I cannot contact them because the phone number they have listed is bogus - it simply disconnects after ringing once. Call them to make your orders... IF and WHEN you get a human, place your order... you will find that they are horribly negligent. I only hope my bank will honor a return as I used a debit card not a credit card. Good Luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?

Original review: May 28, 2015

Order was placed on or about April 16, 2015 and check was cashed shortly thereafter. As of May 28, 2015 order has yet to be received. Calls to company are unanswered or the phone is busy. Email sent to company was answered that my inquiry was forwarded to order department. That was weeks ago and order has yet to be received. Terrible service. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2015

After receiving my order of mostly very dead plants that looked like they had been dead for a long time prior to shipment, I decided I better send a request for live plants right away. I mailed the request for replacement of the very dead 36 lavender 5 days after receiving the disappointing plants. I read the reviews and thought I better act quick because all the reviews on this company were derogatory. After not receiving any word or live plants I emailed 4seasons. They claimed my letter of request and shipping label must have been lost in the mail. This seems to be a habitual excuse. What I really do not understand is how they ship plants that are most obviously dead to paying customers. How can this fraudulent practice continue? I spent $178.43. Surviving plants are probably worth $15.00.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I place a order. Haven't got it - can't get money back. Their phone is always busy. I email them and no answer. They need to be SHUT down. They're a rip off.

Original review: May 7, 2015

Very disappointed in the service that I have actually not receive from 4SeasonsNursery. I placed an order in the middle of last month which was April and hadn't heard anything: no emails, no mail, no phone calls, so about four days ago I started trying to contact them by phone and also by email. So if I have sent three emails with no response and numerous calls that just rang busy repeatedly. The last information I had at all coming from four seasons nursery was when they deducted their money from my bank account a couple of days after the order was placed last month. At this point I'm just quite disappointed and will definitely not use four seasons nursery again. I have ordered from other places previously and when something didn't ship out right away for whatever reason I was always notified or able to get a hold of somebody to ask what was going on and this is just been a very disappointing situation.

Original review: May 7, 2015

I previously had ordered plants from Burgess and half of them were dead when they arrived. I attempted to call and the line is ALWAYS busy. I sent an email and was told no refund unless I sent the shipping label back with the plants. I no longer had it so I had no recourse. I was not aware that Four Seasons Nursery was affiliated with Burgess or I would of never ordered from them because I have received the same terrible service. Both companies are very quick to debit your account but extremely slow in shipping your products. If and when I do receive my order I will be sure to save the shipping label in case I have to send it back. You would think that this company would read the reviews online about them and improve their service and communication to gain their customers trust back. Still waiting for my order...

Original review: May 6, 2015

I placed an order with 4seasonsnurseries.com on April 15, 2015. I received an order confirmation from the company. The company processed my payment RIGHT AWAY, but I have not received my order here almost a month later. Absolutely no communication from the company regarding my order. I have tried calling multiple times over the past few days. I only get the busy signal. I also emailed the company on their contact us page from THEIR website and still got no response. It was my first ordering with them, and I WILL NOT be recommending them to anyone. There is no customer concern and no help on our order status. I feel as though I have been scammed by them and I am not happy. My advice to anyone thinking about order from them - STEER clear of them. Not a good company.

Original review: May 6, 2015

Ordered pink clematis, 8 forsythia, and 1 thornless climbing roses. The cost is $32.57. The order was placed on 4/17/15 and the product hasn't been received. Many, many phone calls were made to check on the order and the line was busy. We have a copy of our check which was cashed by you and returned to our bank. The check was dated 4/17/15 and the number is **. Where is the product? Are running a scam?

Original review: April 29, 2015

I place an order with Direct Gardening and 4Seasons Nursery a month ago. The phone numbers to each company appear to be perpetually off the hook. Now I find that many customer have not received their orders. I prefer my order to a refund. Both are lost?

Original review: April 24, 2015

Ordered vegetables plants on 4-10-2015 and on 4-24-2015 called to find out about order and was told that order would not be sent out until middle to end of May. I ask a couple of friends if they had used this company and they said that they were having the same problem. I think they need to be shut down.

Original review: April 16, 2015

I put in a big order with 4 seasons nursery which cost me more than $100. I ordered roses, two three-in-one flowering small trees, etc. When the merchandise arrived I could tell that the two small trees were dead but I soaked them for 24 hours and then planted them. Also, some of the roses' twigs were broken and dead. 5 out of 6 primroses were dead as well. I sent an email to company's customer service attaching their own email confirming my order specified item by item, asking for replacement of plants that did not survive. Because I did not have their mailing label, they denied to replace anything. I lost a lot of money! Never, ever do business with them!

Original review: April 14, 2015

I received the DirectGardening Nursery catalog and was enthralled at all the choices. I planned out my spring planting and ordered over $180.00 worth of product in April 2, 2014. 3 weeks later, I received a few items and nothing was as described. The lavender was beyond dead, poppy roots dry and broken. Only one item was salvageable. But the rest of the order took several weeks to arrive.

The fruit trees were not packed and were bare and unceremoniously dumped in a green plastic bag with 13 other items. The roots were broken and don't even look alive. The ground cover was dry and barely half the size of my palm. I'm disgusted. Most of all the plants are DIE within 2 weeks. I sent the shipping labels back (as they requested) to ask for a replace, but they sent it back my mail, ask for shipping labels, which I already send to them. After a few times call & sent a shipping labels to them, I still did not get any replacement plants. I did not read all the complaints before I order (!) which I should have. This place is a SCAM. Oh, and when you try to get answers from Customer Service, they just keep saying the plants are "being prepared". STAY AWAY!

Original review: March 23, 2015

I have trying Sept 24, 2014 to have six climbing zephrine roses that I paid for delivered to my home at **. They were ordered under order #**. I have trying calling you more than 20 times, but the line is always busy. I have also sent you several faxes giving you my home phone number, my cell phone number and my e-mail address and have asked you to please call be back, and I have had no response from your company. I have ordered from you several times, and this is the first time that this has happened. When can I expect delivery. Please contact me at **. Thank you.

Original review: June 16, 2014

Made purchase of 31 plantings in March 2013. They shipped end of first week of May 2013. Not successful of 2 plants. 1-north star cherry tree dwarf and 1-climbing rose zeph thorn less (not thorn less). Called several times, several days. Finally somebody answers the phone late in the day always. They tell me my one year guarantee has expired from time of ship date. I said I purchased in March. Why ship to me in May. Said because of seasonality. I said exactly now explain to the plants they must live or die on you on year ship date, not the plants natural seasonality growth rate. One year is one growth season of time. You don't count the day or minutes. They are scam out to screw you! I would personally give a full three years of growing seasons with my products! They have ** products. So they can't give a reasonable, fair growth guarantee!

Original review: May 28, 2014

I've ordered plants from you for 3-4 yrs and every year the plants die and they have to send replacements which takes you forever. Last yr, I got 3 blue moon, 2 red almost black roses and order 1 fuchsia and they were all very poor quality and ended up dying. This yr, I asked for a credit or refund or I wanted you tossed me the 2 bi-colored butterfly bushes, 1 pink angel trumpet, 2 pristine strawberry, 6 honeysuckle. They sent me the roses and fuchsia again after I explained why I did not want them again. I'm totally done with company. Poor quality and poor communication.. STAY AWAY FROM 4 SEASONS NURSERY!!!

Original review: May 25, 2014

I received the 4 Seasons Nursery catalog and was enthralled at all the choices. I planned out my spring planting and ordered over $170.00 worth of product. 3 weeks later, I received a few items and nothing was as described. The lavender was beyond dead, poppy roots dry and broken. Only one item was salvageable. But the rest of the order took 8 weeks to arrive.

The fruit trees were not packed and were bare and unceremoniously dumped in a green plastic bag with 11 other items. The roots were broken and don't even look alive. The ground cover was dry and barely half the size of my palm. I'm disgusted. I always order from Henry Fields, but I was dazzled by a pretty catalog. AND I had read all the complaints! I should have listened. This place is a scam. Oh, and when you try to get answers from Customer Service, they just keep saying the plants are "being prepared". STAY AWAY!

Original review: May 7, 2014

I placed an order with Four Seasons Nursery on March 10, 2014 for 21 Poplar screen hybrids 2 to 3 feet tall. 25 Pep Start pills was also ordered. I contacted the company in April and was told it was back ordered. They've already took their money from my credit card and I still have not received any merchandise or refund. I can't seem to get a straight answer from them. I don't believe I will order from them anymore. I have tried to call them numerous times on the phone and their line is always busy. I tried for over an hour straight and always got a busy signal.

Original review: March 19, 2014

Placed my order two months ago. I've been e-mailing requesting a refund since they never ever ship. They keep telling me the order went to the shipping department but I've yet to see anything. What is wrong with them?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2013

I ordered 140 bucks plus worth of products from this company. I have received no product and have been given the runaround with every attempt to get a straight answer and/or refund. DO NOT ORDER FROM 4SeasonsNurseries, 4seasons nurseries, Directgardening or Plantron. They are scam artists just out to get your money. No customer service and no products! Please make sure and pass on this information to all your gardening friends. Thank you. :-)

Original review: July 9, 2013

I placed 3 orders of gardenia summer snow with 4 seasons nurseries on June 5, and now it's July 9 and still no gardenia. I called at the end of June and was told my orders were being processed, and when I called today, they says it's on back order and check back after a week. I ask what if the back order is not in. The lady with the nurseries says 'We'll go from there'. Right now I don't have a lot of faith that they'll ship the items by then. Like one of the complainants said, 'They're quick to take your money' but the product is still being processed.

Original review: May 7, 2013

I placed my order in March for fruit trees and lilies. It is now May 5 and I still have no product. My credit card was promptly billed in mid-March for the products. I called customer service week 1 in April; they assured me my trees would be shipping soon as they had started shipping to Ohio. They could not give me an estimated ship date. At the end of April, I emailed customer service asking about my order. I received a reply that they were very busy and my order was still being processed. They also copied their refund policy - still no trees. I have tried repeatedly to call again and just receive a busy signal. 4seasons is very quick to take your money and ship nothing!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2012

I have placed an order for tulips and also a giant bearded iris from your fall 2012 garden edition. My order was placed on 6-9 2012. I requested that they be sent to me by September 2012. Today is September 20, 2012 and I still have not yet received my order. I would appreciate if you would honor my request and please let me know what is going on with my order at the above e-mail address as soon as possible. There were five items on my order list. They are as follow: the long lasting tulip mix - item#b5925, the dwarf orange tree - item#h1115, pampas grasses - item#nc5603, perennial bargain - item#nc5505 and the giant bearded iris - item#nc4126.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2012

I sent in an order on 07-23-2012. Your ad says you will ship in 1 to 2 weeks. That time has gone by. What is holding up my order?

Original review: May 9, 2012

This order was to be received within one to two weeks. It was ordered on April 19th, 2012. It hasn't arrived yet to this date, May 9th 2012. I'm wondering what the delay is soon.

Original review: April 28, 2012

Trees are of the wrong size and dead! None of the trees I ordered are the size I paid for. First, six 3 to 4 feet poplars came only 1.5 feet. Second, two 1 foot tall pink dogwoods came and tallest tree is 5 inches. Third, six 1.5 to 3 feet weeping willows came 1 foot.

Original review: March 20, 2012

4SeasonsNurseries didn't send my complete order which I have prepaid. I received them on March 17th with the following items missing: 20-plant perennial garden bargain item #NC5505, angel trumpets #N7360 in pink, #N7445 in white and #N7364 in yellow.

Four Seasons Nursery Company Information