Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Four Seasons Nursery Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

The first time I ordered from Four Seasons my friends said I got dead sticks. Only one of the six trees grew. Guess my friend was right. Despite no longer having the shipping label they agreed to replace the trees that didn't grow. Out of those 5 only 1 grew! Nevertheless last year I decided to order some plants instead of trees. I ordered fruit and flower plants. Almost everything showed up looking dead. There is a difference between dormant and dead. Most of the flowers I ordered never grew but the strawberries and raspberries did ok. Hopefully they survive the winter as well.

I have just requested replacements for the flowers but I won't know for sure if the fruit made it through until my warranty is past. Now I always keep the shipping labels for every plant from every company I order from. I received so many plant and seed catalogs this year but as I look each up they seem to all have very poor reviews. I wish I knew how to trust for my plant and seed needs.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Ordered 3 weeping willow and one birch seedlings, check cleared on 7 May, received the delivery on 28 May, all plants arrived DEAD. I soaked them in water for a couple of days before putting on the ground, they remained as dead as when they arrived. Unfortunately I didn't save the original shipping label, had to call several times the Customer service number listed on the website, nobody answered. Sent them a couple of emails, was advised to send a copy of the cancelled check and a letter explaining the situation. I received a response back that the plants may be dormant and explaining the refund/replacement policy. At that point I knew that there is no way to get the money back or receive a replacement. I replied that I want to place a new order and a customer service representative called me back almost immediately to collect credit card information.

The 2nd order was placed on 24 July and within a couple of days I received a new shipment of DEAD seedlings. Why even bother sending them to customers and not just collect money for nothing? After reading the reviews at least I know I am not the only client who received this type of service. Too bad I cannot give them a 0 which they deserve.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I ordered 4 of the white clematis, they were dead on arrive. I did received a dead replacement after my first complain. When I sent in the shipping label as for replacement for the second time, the customer service person (name NE) wants me to send in the shipping label - with the itemized portion, which it never existed in the shipping bag. So they get away from their guarantee. I advice everyone be careful with this company. I lost around $40. Waste time and certified postage

fee.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Order 20 plants. They came looking dead but I will try. I planted them. I was right. They were DEAD. TRY TO CALL. ALL I GOT WAS a busy sing. [I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN]. It was a bad deal for me. You get what you pay for.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have been a longtime customer of Four Seasons, but will NEVER do business with them again. In 2018, I ordered 156 sedums and a couple other plants from Four Seasons, partially paid by a replacement certificate. 105 of the 156 sedums and one of the other plants didn't survive. I sent my labels in as required and they sent back 24 sedums and a $11.88 "replacement certificate" and told me that their guarantee did not apply. Never mind that the labels clearly say the plants had a one year guarantee. Never mind that there is nothing that says in the catalog or on the certificate that if you use a certificate, there is no warranty. And even though I clearly asked for replacements, they sent a certificate instead of 40 plants and despite two calls they won't go good on the order.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have been doing business with Four Seasons for years. Writing this review because of all the harsh reviews I see. My experience has been very positive. I work for a national retailer that sells plants and hardware. I buy from Four Seasons for the variety. Most stores have the same selection year after year. They do take time to ship. I figure they have to grow these things. They are not sitting on a shelf somewhere. But the orders are always complete, year after year. And even though the cuttings and shoots are quite small, everything lives! I just bought dozens of shrubs, and trees. They are thriving. If you are a gardener, try them for yourself. Start with a small order if you like. See if the plants aren't the nicest ones in your garden next year.

Original review: May 14, 2019

These folks got me again! They are the same as Burgess, and other names. Mail out flyers all have same pictures (1970s pictures of kid with tube socks) from 4 company names. Missing items, some of the trees in the order did not have the roots wrapped in moist soil and arrived dried out and dead. Lilac trees were paid for, but not in package that arrived. Now their regular game of me having to return shipping label before they will do anything. They do not care about your receipt or to look your order up on a computer to replace dead plants. They demand that you keep the shipping bag for a year and return it before they will replace anything. They also have a clause allowing them to not refund you if they run out of stock of your item, but to decide what to send you as a substitute. I have nothing good to say after dealing with them a few times.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased 6 grasses from this company in April 2017. Plants arrived May 17 and planted the next day. I contacted the company - followed their instructions for replacement (include shipping label) and they sent me replacement plants which also arrived looking dead not dormant. By September 2017 it was clear that none of the plants survived. I contacted the company who said it was "too late" to send replacements and I should check in the spring 2018 to see if they come back to life. I waited patiently to see if there were any signs of life and there were not. I contacted the company again to get live replacements. They did not respond at all for weeks and after repeated calling to their 800 # I was then told that the plants were "out of warranty" and they would do nothing at all. I threw away $60 to not even arrive dead get one live plant. Disgusting. I would never ever order from this company again. Their catalogue is deceiving and the plants.

Original review: April 27, 2019

After placing an order of $200 I received the plants in a timely matter, but they were mostly all dead. I'm in the orchard business and have been all my life, so I know the difference between dead and dormant. Their return policy is they will replace product one time or if you return plants in the original packing they will refund your money. I should know better but I thought I would try them, after all their pictures look so healthy in the book. BTW I'm only three hours south of them, so don't try to blame it on shipping! My advice - don't waste your money.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I placed an order on March 26th. As of today, April 24, I still have not received any of my order. It says on website 2-3 weeks for processing, NO WAY. I put in a dispute with Visa and they promptly credited my account after I explained how horrible they were in shipping. I knew there was an issue as soon as I ordered my plants. It said I didn't give them an E-mail to verify tracking when shipped, but they were able to send me an E-mail confirming my order. Scam artists and I should have read other reviews before ordering. I will not make that same mistake again.

Four Seasons Nursery Company Information