Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Four Seasons Nursery Reviews

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have been a longtime customer of Four Seasons, but will NEVER do business with them again. In 2018, I ordered 156 sedums and a couple other plants from Four Seasons, partially paid by a replacement certificate. 105 of the 156 sedums and one of the other plants didn't survive. I sent my labels in as required and they sent back 24 sedums and a $11.88 "replacement certificate" and told me that their guarantee did not apply. Never mind that the labels clearly say the plants had a one year guarantee. Never mind that there is nothing that says in the catalog or on the certificate that if you use a certificate, there is no warranty. And even though I clearly asked for replacements, they sent a certificate instead of 40 plants and despite two calls they won't go good on the order.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have been doing business with Four Seasons for years. Writing this review because of all the harsh reviews I see. My experience has been very positive. I work for a national retailer that sells plants and hardware. I buy from Four Seasons for the variety. Most stores have the same selection year after year. They do take time to ship. I figure they have to grow these things. They are not sitting on a shelf somewhere. But the orders are always complete, year after year. And even though the cuttings and shoots are quite small, everything lives! I just bought dozens of shrubs, and trees. They are thriving. If you are a gardener, try them for yourself. Start with a small order if you like. See if the plants aren't the nicest ones in your garden next year.

Original review: May 14, 2019

These folks got me again! They are the same as Burgess, and other names. Mail out flyers all have same pictures (1970s pictures of kid with tube socks) from 4 company names. Missing items, some of the trees in the order did not have the roots wrapped in moist soil and arrived dried out and dead. Lilac trees were paid for, but not in package that arrived. Now their regular game of me having to return shipping label before they will do anything. They do not care about your receipt or to look your order up on a computer to replace dead plants. They demand that you keep the shipping bag for a year and return it before they will replace anything. They also have a clause allowing them to not refund you if they run out of stock of your item, but to decide what to send you as a substitute. I have nothing good to say after dealing with them a few times.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased 6 grasses from this company in April 2017. Plants arrived May 17 and planted the next day. I contacted the company - followed their instructions for replacement (include shipping label) and they sent me replacement plants which also arrived looking dead not dormant. By September 2017 it was clear that none of the plants survived. I contacted the company who said it was "too late" to send replacements and I should check in the spring 2018 to see if they come back to life. I waited patiently to see if there were any signs of life and there were not. I contacted the company again to get live replacements. They did not respond at all for weeks and after repeated calling to their 800 # I was then told that the plants were "out of warranty" and they would do nothing at all. I threw away $60 to not even arrive dead get one live plant. Disgusting. I would never ever order from this company again. Their catalogue is deceiving and the plants.

Original review: April 27, 2019

After placing an order of $200 I received the plants in a timely matter, but they were mostly all dead. I'm in the orchard business and have been all my life, so I know the difference between dead and dormant. Their return policy is they will replace product one time or if you return plants in the original packing they will refund your money. I should know better but I thought I would try them, after all their pictures look so healthy in the book. BTW I'm only three hours south of them, so don't try to blame it on shipping! My advice - don't waste your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?

Original review: April 24, 2019

I placed an order on March 26th. As of today, April 24, I still have not received any of my order. It says on website 2-3 weeks for processing, NO WAY. I put in a dispute with Visa and they promptly credited my account after I explained how horrible they were in shipping. I knew there was an issue as soon as I ordered my plants. It said I didn't give them an E-mail to verify tracking when shipped, but they were able to send me an E-mail confirming my order. Scam artists and I should have read other reviews before ordering. I will not make that same mistake again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We placed a large order with Royal Dutch in January 2018 for planting for spring in Southern California. 2 months and order not received so called to cancel order and phone is 'bogus' for customer service. Sent e-mail to cancel and was told could not cancel because order was prepared to ship! Order receive 3 WEEKS later (3 months) and items were DEAD and majority of bulbs did not grow. Requested to take advantage of 'GUARANTEE' and did EVERYTHING stated (ORIGINAL SHIPPING LABEL) returned with what items were defective...

Another 2 weeks passed and received request to state how many of a certain item did not grow. Sent request back and NOTHING! OVER $200 wasted. Now we see that the 5 catalogs we receive from various growers are the same company, same address and same customer number. We filed small claim action with 3 of the 5 companies and they defaulted. Over a year and not a word...BUT CATALOGS every few weeks. Be careful with these companies.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Fraud alert! DO NOT ORDER from this company. They ship dead plants/trees. They will not honor their guarantee. They will not refund or replace. I ordered 7 trees. 5 were dead on arrival. Recent name change from Direct Garden to 4 Seasons Nurseries. Same bandits!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Placed an order for $88 worth of products in Jan. I requested to send as soon as possible for as I live in Miami Florida and we have no winter; in fact it has been 91 degrees every day. Their email reply is a joke and nobody answers their phone number. 2 months later and nothing. How can they be allowed to stay in business?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

DO NOT ORDER from Four Seasons Nursery. It's a scam! Plants arrived dried up and dead. 5-in-1 plum tree is just a twig with one tiny live grafted bud. Whatever plants survived were not the right type. I asked for a refund and they send a replacement which was in even worse shape than the original order. I sent everything back according to the return policy on their website (within 2 weeks of receiving the order with original shipping label attached). They flat out refused to give me a refund. $63 wasted.

Four Seasons Nursery Company Information