4SeasonsNurseries.com

Compare Lawn & Garden

Research top Lawn & Garden recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company makes you jump through too many hoops when returning defective plant material. Returned once with label and they said my tree may not be dead, give it more time. I'm 61 and know a dead tree when I see one. After two attempts, they mailed out new material. 60+ days later, same tree species dead. Returned label mailed back asking for refund. They write back asking for returned label to be sent! Are they really this stupid or just deceptive or perhaps both. So now must contact them again and explain they already received that shipping label. And by the way, can't you people see that you mailed me this material in the first place over 60 days ago?? Incompetent people, borderline deceptive policies and poor products. Don't do business here.

The plants I ordered were tiny, I mean really tiny and of the 9 wisteria plants not one lived. Of the Hybiscus only one lived and on the Hybiscus they advertise multi colored but I got ALL white and when I ask for a refund on the dead plants and mentioned that the Hybiscus were all white not multi colored, they responded that just because they said the plants were multi colored that didn't mean I would GET multi colored??? On the dead plants they said the plants would have been returned within 14 days of receiving them. I ask you, how would I know they weren't going to put out greenery and live in just 4 days??? If you feel the need to buy plants from 4 seasons just burn your money. You will just as much for your money as if you bought their plants and you don't have to pay shipping. Pass the word on these people, they don't need to be allowed to be in business when they are basically stealing money from people.

On 5-3-16 we ordered 16 Thujas from said nursery. 4 weeks later we received only 15 which we planted immediately. We have planted many trees in the past and know how to treat them. 6 of them died within a few weeks. We tried to call the company - phone always busy. Contacted them twice via their website mail - never received a reply and their phone is still busy! Spend a few more bucks and get plants from reliable sources!!! These folks need to be out of business!

I ordered plants from the above listed company and upon receiving the order, I knew it was not going to be a good experience. The order came through the P.O. and Sat in the hot back of the building all weekend. Now mind you, the plants were shipped in a large, heavy, red plastic bag! Can plants breath in plastic?? No, they most certainly cannot. Upon opening the red bag up, I find wilted and droopy plants. I take them all out and put the trees and bushes roots in water and take all the plants out of the plastic that is around their roots. They are planted with two hours of unpacking. Days later, plants have died so I contact the company. I am advised to send the original shipping label and a letter stating what was wrong with the plants and how they died. I did this and never heard another word back until I contacted them almost one month later.

I did receive the replacement plants on that same day, however upon opening the package (again plastic), I find already dead or dying plants. I take photo's and contact the company again. Long story short, is we go back and forth on email from my first contact on 02-29-2016 when I placed the order. As you can see, it is now the 28 of June. I have asked for a full refund but I doubt I will ever see it.

This company sells bad/dying/very small or in the process of dying plants. I have gardened all my life and at 51 years of age, I think I know if a plant is dead, dying, bare root, dormant, etc. They do not communicate with you, it seems they like to avoid you instead. Their method of shipment sucks, not only by using a P.O. and not a residential address but by putting them in plastic where they cannot breathe. I recommend steering completely clear of this terrible company. I will also be contacting the Illinois State Better Business Bureau and lodging a complaint with them as well!

Ordered over $50 worth of plants. Live in Buffalo NY. Plants were delivered 4/1/16. The ground was still frozen solid and we still had snow! Tried my best to keep them alive until I could plant. Most of them didn't make it after planting so I called customer service. In order to get any kind of a refund I had to label and package the dead plants and ship them back. I had the label but it wasn't good enough. If they had of died six months from now I would not have had to send the dead plants. Also, three year ago I ordered a peony tree for $30. It's growing but not high. Looked on the internet to see what I could expect. Looked at my tree - surprise - I have an ordinary peony bush which sold for about a third of the price. It's pretty but not what I wanted and paid for. Scam artists with rude customer service. Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4SeasonsNurseries.com?

DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF!! RUN! I am an avid gardener of several acres even doing side jobs for friends and small businesses. I have done gardening for my church and the nursing homes and cemeteries where my parents were buried. I bought almost $100 of seedling bushes and trees. I was attracted to the low price because I was planting a large area as a donation to a small church. I might also add, I have purchased many bare root plants successfully from other companies. Theirs however, arrived black, dead, smaller than stated, mere wisp and the roots had mold.

I called immediately because a short window is one of their MANY loopholes not to stand behind the plants or issue refund. They promised to resend the plants. 2 weeks later when didn't arrive I called again and they said I had waited too long. I said and did all of things you would expect from one just ripped off. They ultimately kept my money. NEVER again. ALSO they do business under other names. Stay away! House of Wesley - 1704 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington Ill 61704,

Four Seasons Nurseries - 1706 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington, Ill. 61704, Burgess seed and plant Company - 905 four seasons rd. Bloomington, Ill. 61701, Farmer seed and Nursery - 1706 Morrissey Dr. Bloomington, Ill. 61704. These nurseries are all under Plantron Inc. 1706 Bloomington, Ill. 61704y from their subsidiaries. I don't know how they are still in business. It's so sad they can get away with this.

We purchase a large order of plants from this company. Some plants never arrived and some died within a week. They make it virtually impossible to get replacements and refunds. Don't throw away package label when it arrives. Better yet, don't buy from this terrible company. They will only cancel your order if you send them a letter, not an email, and if plants do not survive you have to send the label or proof of purchase in the mail to get replacements and a refund. They admit they know you purchased plants and what they are, but refuse to do anything except take your order over the phone. I wish I could give this company negative 5 stars.

I purchased $83.00 of plants. The 20 Poplar trees were marked and the 8 Forsythias were also marked, then there were 2 unmarked bags with I don't know what? shoved in them, as far as I can tell it was the 6 Honeysuckle. I was missing 12 Hosta's, 2 Adams Needle Yucca's and 2 Bleeding Hearts. The Roots that came were no 1-2 feet. They are sparse weeds about 2-3 inches. It also took a month for them to get the product to me and then 1/2 was missing and because they weren't marked I'm not sure what 1/2. I will never buy from this supplier again. Their shipping department needs a lot of training. I'm sending this stuff back and now I will update on how long the fight will be for me to get my refund, I'm already out shipping to and from. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I placed an order on 3/25/16 for nearly $300. The money was deducted on 3/31/16 from my bank account. The website says 1-2 weeks for processing. On 4/7/16 I was told my order was in processing and would take 1-2 weeks. On 4/20/16 I emailed and was told my order was in the shipping department and ready to go out. On 4/26/16 I emailed and was told part of my order was backed up and the order would go out when they arrived. I called and explained I was already told that it was in the shipping department. I was also told the product had just arrived and would be shipping by the end of the week. 5/2/16 I received another email that the product was still not in. They can provide no guarantee of shipping, refuse to let you speak with a manager, have horrible customer service! I have demanded a full refund and I am posting a negative review everywhere I can so nobody orders from this company every again!!!

I ordered over $80.00 worth of plants. I got pots with seedlings (some empty or dead), dried up twigs, plants which I doubt will survive. The entire order was GARBAGE. I would not have bought one single plant which was delivered if I had seen what I was getting. I feel my order was not worth $20.00. These little twigs will not be actually visible, if they survive. Also order was delivered weeks too soon so I have been working hard to keep these already half dead plants alive. I did not send back because it is not worth the hassle. I wish I had read these reviews before ordering. Their catalog is worth more than the entire order. I don't understand why the government does not shut down this RIP-OFF COMPANY. They are aware that their products are garbage and they send them anyway. Would be different story if only a couple were under par. The entire order is just about worthless.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY. They should be fined or imprisoned for this sort of stealing from people. I do not have the paperwork. I was so disappointed in myself for falling for this farce of a company that I just threw it away. From the complaints already here it is doubtful they would care about my concerns anyway. It is not like they sent this crap by accident.

In Feb 2016 I placed an order for over $80. The order came March 30th with items missing and items in the bag that were dead. I contacted the company about the problems and was told they needed my name and address. I sent it and a couple of days later they told me I need to send the package label. I scanned it and emailed it to them. I heard nothing for 4 days and then they sent me an email to mail the label to them. I did so and heard nothing for two weeks.

I emailed them and asked about the order and if they received the label and was told that had not received the label and it would be at least two weeks before my order would be process and sent out. I told them to cancel the order and refund my money. I also told them at the two trees send (which were about 6 inches long) were dead and the flower plant they sent which came wilted was also dead. I have to date not heard from them. I have cancelled the credit card charge and am going through the paperwork with the credit card. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

Back in 2005, I ordered $97.41 from 4Seasons Nursery. I NEVER received anything. I have been trying to get my money back since 2005. I just recently received a letter from them this year (2016) stating that I needed to prove that I paid them for the order. I have given to their so-called customer service all the information that she required but she still needs to see my receipt where I was charged (mind you, it was purchased online). I have given them all the information, whereas they can go back into their and verify that they also received payment. No, they state that just because it gave me a confirmation number online it does not prove that payment was made when in fact it shows that the payment was made cause it shows the last four digits of my card number and the expiration date.

THIS COMPANY RIPS PEOPLE OFF by getting people's money and then not sending them the items they pay for. It has taken them 11 years to finally get back with me on this, now they say that I am just screwed. If anyone wants to be screwed out of their money, order from this company. Cause this company truly does not care about the consumer only about getting money from them. I also contacted the BBB of Illinois and they also pretty much tell me that there is nothing they can do and won't even file a complaint.

Very disappointed! Asked for replacement and gave them Order # from receipt, date purchased, and amount. They replied that I give my full name and zip code. I did. Then they replied again: "However, we are willing to make a single exception and send a replacement order if you will mail us a COPY OF YOU CANCELLED CHECK or CHARGE CARD STATEMENT as proof of payment. You will need to send this information via mail. Please include a letter that states you no longer have the shipping label and are therefore sending the proof of payment in its place. Also include a full list, by item and quantity, of what item(s) need to be replaced."

Why are they asking me to go through my mail of months ago to prove that I paid? This is ridiculous! THE FACT THAT THEY SHIPPED ME THE PRODUCT CONFIRMS THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR IT, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD NOT SHIP IT. It just boils down to giving a customer a hard time using the warranty or they don't want to replace it. They have all the information they needed. Apparently, they don't realize the value of a customer and cost of losing a customer - Marketing 101.

Terrible company. Sent me all dead plants and sent them over 6 weeks late. Planted all and not one grew. I have planted over 30,000 trees and have a lot of experience. Yes that's 30 thousand at my farm. This company is crooked and will not refund money. Please do not use them and beware they go by at least 4 names. Avoid any nursery on Morrisey Drive.

I ordered 6 red clematis, I received purple. After finally getting through to someone (every time I called their computers were down) they advised me that there was an error in mixing up plants. They told me they would send me 6 plants in the spring which I have not received. I have tried to call this year and either the computers are down or I get a busy signal.

I ordered a mix of tomato plants (3 styles for each). I got a total of 10 plants... 1 container of 4 plants, 1 container of 3 (missing one plant completely) and 1 container of 3 (the 4th plant was just a stub). Then the rest of order (bulbs of glads and potatoes) came over a month later. Maybe 1/2 are coming up. A few Glad bulbs had mold starting to grow on them. I did complain and not much done. They do not answer phone and want original packaging when making a complaint and even then they do not give you a credit on credit card. Just put you off until next year saying they will replace. Waste of time making any complaint and poor quality of products. I did not even waste my time on the bulbs for I knew they would not do anything based on what was done w/ the tomato plants. They would not even let me cancel remaining of order after the tomato plants came. Kept saying they were shipped. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - Worst company ever. Placed order, kept following up and was told that my order was in processing, yet my credit card was charged instantly. This went on for 8 weeks, then I asked to have my order canceled, they all of a sudden said it was shipped. The order arrived 8 days later was basically dead and had a big note on it "ship now", how convenient. Then it said that one of my items was on backorder, I immediately contacted them and told them to cancel it, they said they would and that a refund will take up to 14 days. Well guess what, then they ship that item, basically dead also and all they say is their website says they can ship when available. Asked numerous times to be refunded. Worst company ever!!!

DO NOT order from this company. Worst customer service experience of my life. Order was horribly late with no explanation. When called they stated they "didn't have the means to track orders", internally, and that the order will be delivered "Soon". When the product was delivered.. a month later.. it was poorly packaged. The bushes were half dead when they arrived and half of the trees have died since planting. I made sure to follow directions for planting. I called about replacement and was told that I needed a label that was supposedly shipped with the plants to return them. I asked for a replacement label and was denied.

Customer service stated that they needed proof of payment. I have a receipt of the sale but they said that was not good enough that they needed financial documentation, i.e. a statement from a bank or credit card. To me, this is ridiculous that I should need to produce a personal financial document when I already have a receipt. That is what receipts are for correct? Talking to a supervisor about this, he was abusive and rude stating that I was an irresponsible customer for losing the return sticker they supposedly sent with the product. DO NOT do business with this company. They are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. They currently have over 110 complaints with the BBB. They use predatory business practices and stick consumers with sub par products.

Two weeks after ordering plants ($54.24), I contacted company on status. Customer Service rep stated, "the order has not been processed." Attempted to cancel the order, she stated, "you need to send email or cancel online." I did, four times. The next month, 'unprocessed' package arrived. Immediately, I took the unopened package to the Post Office as "refused". Minutes later, returning home, I contacted the company and asked why they shipped a cancelled order. Customer Service Rep stated she was NOT aware the order was cancelled so they shipped it, and I should send email to company. Twice, again, I sent an online cancellation. Week later, spoke with customer service rep ** who stated, "Yes, I see where you called, several times, cancelling the order. Wonder why they shipped it to you. We have not received the package because package doesn't come to this location. They'll probably charge you for shipping." HUH?!

She added, "you need to send email or cancel online." Again, another online cancellation. Today, I contacted the company and rep stated, "Your order is NOT here. No, I cannot tell you how much was returned to your credit card. You need to contact them." DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! BTW, when I ordered it, via customer service, to date, I NEVER received a receipt! And, the company refuses to send one to me. However, my credit card will verify my purchase. HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE, COMPANY!

I ordered plants in April, they cashed the check right away. As of June, no order. I contacted them, they said it was shipped May 23rd, and to allow 10 business days. I asked if plants could possibly survive 10 business days in a shipping box, and the operator actually said probably not! Several days later, called again (took about 25 tries to get through), and was told this time that they shipped on May 27th(!). By now, it was June 12th, and I asked for a refund. Last week, they said they tracked the package and it was "delivered" on June 2. I was home ALL DAY on June 2nd, and told them this. They said they would look into it with the shipping company, and would get back to me.

So, here we are on June 19th, no answer from them, no information, and every email is responded to with a form reply stating they are forwarding my concern to the appropriate department! I have registered a complaint with the BBB in Bloomington, Indiana. BEWARE this company, deal with at your own risk! They will not give me ANY information about where my $80 order is.

The trees are advertised as 3-5 feet tall, we received 18-inch twigs that never grew. Upon trying to replace them we were told we had to give them proof of purchase -- for a defective product they sent me. They don't allow refunds after 2 weeks, but insist the plant is in the ground 6 weeks before you may return. I will never again waste 250$ on these people.

After waiting for my 55 dollar order for quite a while I read these awful reviews of 4 seasons. I immediately worried. But I finally got my order...by mail! Crammed in my box and everything was about half dead. I thought they were shipped better than that...but honestly after reading the reviews I'm glad I even got them. Hope they all live. Thanks for sending them.

I ordered plants and flower bulbs from them online. Failure rate of plants and flower bulbs are 60% for me. I wasted my money... Oh well, I learned a lesson that never buy live plants and flower bulbs online... They do not grow...

I ordered tayberries in early April 2015. Emailed and nothing for over 1.5 months. They arrived and it was dried up twigs, dead. The second order came and it was all dead and diseased. One package looked like worms you get at a sporting goods store or a sushi restaurant. I finally got a hold of someone and she said the plants were diseased. So the company knew they send out dead diseased stuff. So she said have I been paying attention to the weather back east it was bad this last winter... WHO cares!! Then she goes off saying they have had issues finding help for the shipping with the company.... Who cares. Then she goes off with a policy review of company policy.

I asked "I want a receipt. By law you have to provide a receipt of purchase", and I asked for a manager. She goes off that "he cannot help you the same as I can help you." What gives? Why are these people still in business? I called the BBB in Peoria and I am waiting for a call back. And going to call the Illinois Agriculture Dept. I spent well over 200 dollars and called my credit card company to file money back.

Elderly neighbor received wrong items. He contacted them by phone and was told he needed to mail/email letter to company to request the right items. Since he has no computer access, he asked me to do it for him. After several email attempts and order verification, I called company myself to find out what was the problem. Lady I talked to got belligerent and refused to send right items or refund the gentleman's money.

I ordered $133.31 worth of trees and plants. They hadn't come when it was time for planting season so I called them. The lady told me that the fruit trees haven't arrived yet. So I called the next day and cancelled the order. That lady told me it was too late that they were already sent. A week later they arrived. The 8 stick fruit trees had no leaves. The strawberries, pampas were brown. We planted the next day. Fruit trees is dead. Maybe 10 of the 100 strawberries may live. 4 out of 6 pampas is dead. I contacted the nursery many time, they keep giving me a run around on my refund. I will NEVER order from them again.

We ordered plants from 4Seasons Nurseries May 7 using our charge card. We received a note back and a order number. But since then have not heard from them. I try to call their number but they do not answer their phone. I emailed them quite a few times and got the same email over and over again: "Thank You for your email. Spring has sprung, and this is a very busy time of the year for us! We do want to acknowledge that we have received your email, but please allow 2 to 3 business days for us to respond. Please know that we value you as a customer and will try to respond as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and Happy Gardening! Thank You, Customer Care."

I finally checked online and found out they have 10 other affiliates - which is a Division of Plantron Inc. I tried every phone number possible with no response. I finally got the original magazine that they sent us and called their ordering phone number. I did get a person, but she could not tell me when or if our order shipped. She gave me the email for customer service - customerservice@4seasonsnurseries.com. I sent them a email telling them to cancel my order and to send my money back. This is the note I got:

"We have received your order, which has been scheduled for spring shipping. We are currently shipping to your area and are sending orders out as quickly as possible. We are still getting a lot of nursery stock in from the fields and are shipping as soon as the plants are prepared. We apologize as we do not make outbound calls. You are welcome to email us for the status. Also, just as a reminder, once you have received your order be sure to hold onto the original shipping label from the outside of the package for your one year replacement guarantee. Thank you and Happy Gardening! Thank you, Customer Care."

I received another note from them after I told them I will check into legal action against them: "We are unable to provide exact shipping dates, as they vary based on the weather and the availability of the plants that were requested. Your order is currently in our shipping department and scheduled to be shipped out as soon as possible. Thank you, Customer Care." I didn't want to ask for an exact shipping date, I wanted to know if there was a problem with one of the things we were ordering and if it was not available, please ship the rest of the order. But again I could not talk to an actual person. Terrible customer service. I will not order from them again or recommend them.

I ordered many plants, costing over $75. I never received and I cannot contact them because the phone number they have listed is bogus - it simply disconnects after ringing once. Call them to make your orders... IF and WHEN you get a human, place your order... you will find that they are horribly negligent. I only hope my bank will honor a return as I used a debit card not a credit card. Good Luck.

Order was placed on or about April 16, 2015 and check was cashed shortly thereafter. As of May 28, 2015 order has yet to be received. Calls to company are unanswered or the phone is busy. Email sent to company was answered that my inquiry was forwarded to order department. That was weeks ago and order has yet to be received. Terrible service. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

After receiving my order of mostly very dead plants that looked like they had been dead for a long time prior to shipment, I decided I better send a request for live plants right away. I mailed the request for replacement of the very dead 36 lavender 5 days after receiving the disappointing plants. I read the reviews and thought I better act quick because all the reviews on this company were derogatory. After not receiving any word or live plants I emailed 4seasons. They claimed my letter of request and shipping label must have been lost in the mail. This seems to be a habitual excuse. What I really do not understand is how they ship plants that are most obviously dead to paying customers. How can this fraudulent practice continue? I spent $178.43. Surviving plants are probably worth $15.00.

4SeasonsNurseries.com Company Profile