Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Four Seasons Nursery Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2020

Placed my order back in March. Was shipped out May 11, 17 days later and I still have not gotten my order. FedEx will not do anything about it because the shipping company has to. There is the problem can’t get them to answer me. Will not order from here ever again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Ordered grass seed two months ago. Didn't ever receive it. They shut phones off. Won't answer emails for four days. Bad company. Buy your grass seed locality. We ask for our money back. They said they would get back to us in their normal four days.

Get buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Ordered during winter. Small order 50. Everything I did receive was good. 2 citrus plants, rhubarb, some daisies, etc. and shipped well. I did order 10 kingkong strawberry plants. Did not receive. Called April 2. Since phone is busy. Contacted thru email numerous times. Generated response. Told to send original shipping label....Now if other plants fail I have no recourse on those. So it took 8 weeks to be told now to return shipping label and letter of full explanation. I explained the first time on phone and on numerous emails already. Hindsight why do you need the original shipping label when there is an order# on package number you're suppose to refer to when contacting which meant nothing at all. You then needed my address etc. Then next instructions were to mail the label.

Now I was sent email that it has not been rescheduled for delivery YET! And no date of when..Unless of course now they want an arm or leg or blood to prove delivery address. And you have had the shipping label mailed to them going on 2 weeks. No refund of my money and still no strawberry plants. Worst customer service I have ever had.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I placed my online order in February 6th. They did not send my order until May. I tried calling numerous times to inquire about my order. You only get a busy signal every time you try to call. Emailing them gets you a response in 2-3 days. When the plants arrived in a plastic bag with no wet material surrounding the roots. They were totally dry. Evergreens should not dry out and a number were brown including much of the ground cover I ordered. I ordered lavender plants and they sent me baby’s breath. I inquired and they told me lavender had a failed crop so they sent me Baby’s Breath without asking. I don’t want baby’s breath and would have wanted a refund. They ask me to send the shipping label back but if I do, I will not be able to ask for replacements for the 1 year guarantee without the original shipping label. I would not do business with this company again.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I order several different plants and assortments. 1 of the assortments was not in the package. I emailed customer service and they asked me for a copy of the shipping label. I took an image of the label and emailed it to them, after 4 days I received an email stating I have to mail the label to them with a description of the issue. The reason I shop online is because it is digital. I will not order from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Nursery?

Original review: March 21, 2020

I ordered the group of 100 strawberries. They arrived later than expected and most looked dead. The worst part was I only recieved 75 out of the 100. I took a snapshot of the internet ad for 100 strawberries then emailed the snapshot AND I called and asked for the rest of the 25 strawberries. Customers service was horrible. At the end of the harvest the 75 plants only harvest 12 tiny strawberries. Most of the 75 didn't not produce at all. I will never deal with them again. Notice in the photo the item number ordered was 4541 on the ad and also at the top of my shipping label but they drew a line through the item number 4541 and sent only 3 of the 4 items as specified in the ad. That's false advertising and they changed my order to 3 individual orders which was more costly.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

The first time I ordered from Four Seasons my friends said I got dead sticks. Only one of the six trees grew. Guess my friend was right. Despite no longer having the shipping label they agreed to replace the trees that didn't grow. Out of those 5 only 1 grew! Nevertheless last year I decided to order some plants instead of trees. I ordered fruit and flower plants. Almost everything showed up looking dead. There is a difference between dormant and dead. Most of the flowers I ordered never grew but the strawberries and raspberries did ok. Hopefully they survive the winter as well.

I have just requested replacements for the flowers but I won't know for sure if the fruit made it through until my warranty is past. Now I always keep the shipping labels for every plant from every company I order from. I received so many plant and seed catalogs this year but as I look each up they seem to all have very poor reviews. I wish I knew how to trust for my plant and seed needs.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Ordered 3 weeping willow and one birch seedlings, check cleared on 7 May, received the delivery on 28 May, all plants arrived DEAD. I soaked them in water for a couple of days before putting on the ground, they remained as dead as when they arrived. Unfortunately I didn't save the original shipping label, had to call several times the Customer service number listed on the website, nobody answered. Sent them a couple of emails, was advised to send a copy of the cancelled check and a letter explaining the situation. I received a response back that the plants may be dormant and explaining the refund/replacement policy. At that point I knew that there is no way to get the money back or receive a replacement. I replied that I want to place a new order and a customer service representative called me back almost immediately to collect credit card information.

The 2nd order was placed on 24 July and within a couple of days I received a new shipment of DEAD seedlings. Why even bother sending them to customers and not just collect money for nothing? After reading the reviews at least I know I am not the only client who received this type of service. Too bad I cannot give them a 0 which they deserve.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I ordered 4 of the white clematis, they were dead on arrive. I did received a dead replacement after my first complain. When I sent in the shipping label as for replacement for the second time, the customer service person (name NE) wants me to send in the shipping label - with the itemized portion, which it never existed in the shipping bag. So they get away from their guarantee. I advice everyone be careful with this company. I lost around $40. Waste time and certified postage

fee.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Order 20 plants. They came looking dead but I will try. I planted them. I was right. They were DEAD. TRY TO CALL. ALL I GOT WAS a busy sing. [I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN]. It was a bad deal for me. You get what you pay for.

Four Seasons Nursery Company Information