Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was al...

Verified

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear f...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

Coverage packages cover the cost of repairing or replacing certain systems, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.

2-10 service plans are not available in Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty starts at $19 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which ranges from $85 to $125. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
    • Built-in microwave
    • Disposal
    • Trash compactor
    • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
    Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
    Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
    Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
    Limited roof leak$1,000/term
    Septic system$500/term
    Swimming pool$1,000/term
    Well pump$500/term
    Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
    Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
    *Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
    2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
    3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
    4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I'm a realtor and I've heard good responses from clients about 2-10. That's why I use them on my rental property. When I signed up with them, I went on the website, put in the information for a quote, and got a call right then from a guy. It sort of scared me because he called right away and I told him that I haven't even clicked through anything yet to set up. But he said he could do it for me over the phone then he gave me a really good discount over the phone for doing it. So it was a good and easy experience. It also took less than 10 minutes to complete the setup.

Other than that, when I was doing the final walkthrough for one of my clients on her closing day, I noticed that the refrigerator was left in a horrible state from the sellers. It wasn't even operating and as soon as we closed on a house, I called the warranty people and they sent somebody out the very next day. And they ended up replacing the entire refrigerator. That experience in itself was a great one for a first time homebuyer because that was such a major expense that if she would have had to go in and have to buy a refrigerator that wasn't expected, that could tarnish the whole experience throughout.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ashley, thanks so much for your great rating. All of us at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty want to do everything we can to make protecting your home simple and economical. We’re glad we could help you!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I had Total Protection and 2-10 when the air conditioner went out. But I had work done two years ago on the unit in the attic of the house and I found out that the unit has been here since the house so it was just old and went out. When I called 2-10, they came out and said it was pre-existing, so they wouldn’t work on it. I took 2-10 two months prior because I was tired of Total Protection. I had them for 12 years and every time they fix something, they have to come back and fix it again. I happened to talk to a girl from Total Protection and she said, “You need to go with 2-10 because they are better. They work with you. These other insurance companies don’t.”

It takes 30 days for anything to be covered by 2-10. I didn’t cancel Total Protection because I wanted to make sure I had insurance before I cancel. So, thank God, I waited and hadn’t cancelled Total Protection. Right now, I hadn't used 2-10 but I want to keep them because I heard nothing but good news about them. They did got back with me real fast and sent somebody out. However, I'm disappointed and felt like the guy who signed me up misled me. He told me I would be covered after 30 days, and I was not covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thanks for your honest feedback. We want to apologize for the challenging service request experience you had with our company. Our goal is to make the service request process easy for you, and we weren’t quite up to snuff.

If you’d like to discuss more, please send us a private message here.

Thanks again for your constructive criticism.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I'm still in the middle of getting my spa worked on, getting it fixed. 2-10 dispatched me to somebody that was supposed to come out and work on it, but then they called me up and said, “No, we don't work on spas. We only work on the pools.” It took two and a half weeks to get somebody to come out. Then the contractors said they didn't know if he was gonna be able to get the board. He wanted to say we probably have to gut out the entire system and come to find out he was able to find a board for the spa in Tucson, Arizona. So we're waiting on getting that part out because it's a $1,000 maximum deductible for that claim.

Every time I've used 2-10 Home Warranty before, it's been awesome. It's like you don't realize how much just parts costs. If you only have to pay the deductible, and it cost less than you buying the parts themselves, you're getting everything else, the labor and the warranty, it's really good. One thing I found difficult was when I submit a claim, normally, I just go online and do it. But when I logged in, my property says that, under the options, I have the pool and spa, when I clicked on to submit a claim, open up a claim, I couldn't. I had to call it in because it wasn't available. It said, “You don't have that option,” when I did.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

We’re happy you gave us a great rating. More importantly, we want to apologize for the issue you had with the service request process. We’re always trying to make the service request process as easy as possible, and we acknowledge that we may have come up a bit short this time.

If you’d like to discuss more, please send us a private message here.

Thanks again for your feedback. It helps us continue to earn your business.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I first learned of 2-10 when I purchased my home in 2003. The builder, which was Roy's Homes, had a contract with 2-10 and that contract transferred on the home for one year. They paid for the first year in the event that there were any repairs needed that was not covered by their contract. From 2003 until last year, my requests have all been done by phone. This year, I made one of the requests online, but the most recent service call that I made was via phone. Because I started using the service via phone and that was so helpful, that's my preference. There's that personal touch in contact.

I've referred anybody who has a home to 2-10 because it has been a godsend. I purchased my home new in 2003, but over the years, there have been a need to change out the portion of the HVAC system. My refrigerator went out during that time too. When you've got a home for 17 years, things will break. I love the fact that there was never a worry. It's the same reason that I have flood insurance, and I don't live in a floodplain. It's the peace of mind knowing if something does happen that I can manage the cost associated with it. Compared to some of the other home warranty service providers that my friends and family have told me about, none of them compared to the benefits of 2-10. I've even gotten some family members and friends to change service providers.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hey Gwendolyn, it’s always awesome to read when people have such a great experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. People like you make the work we do so fulfilling. We appreciate the fantastic rating and will keep doing everything we can to keep you and your home happy and protected!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We are trying to square away a washing machine issue. Our washing machine is due to be replaced so my husband has been in contact with 2-10 but I need to be in contact with them because he works during the day. We've been having issues with our washing machine over the past year, but this last time they came to check it out they said we're due for a replacement for what we have. But my husband has been having trouble getting in touch with 2-10 for that.

The contractors have been good so far. I had to call 2-10 before the last plumbing issue because we weren't able to put it in on the website because we had a pending issue still open, but it was supposed to have been closed. They went ahead and closed it so I could get in touch with a plumber. Then they came out to see about our issue. Other than the website kinda got stuck on the last issue, the claims process has been fairly cut and dry. So it's been very easy to put the claim through on the website and get response on that. It's mostly good. But there were some times where we have put in a service call and we've been told that the contractor will contact us, but I've had to get in contact with them first. Sometimes I feel like our service calls kinda slip through. So if it’s an emergency, I usually know that contacting 2-10 is gonna make it a little bit slower.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Rhatia, thanks for your great rating and your honest feedback. We want to apologize for the challenging service request experience you had with our company. Our goal is to make the service request process easy for you, and we weren’t quite up to snuff.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

This company will do anything in their power to spend the least amount of money possible at the customer's expense. They have absolutely terrible communication/updates to the claims.. And every time you call, you will be on hold for at least an hour. We have had three claims with them for our HVAC and have been told it should be replaced, but they continue to do fixes and then a few months later - it goes out again. So we continue in the circle even though we were advised when we purchased the warranty that they WOULD replace the HVAC if needed.

Next was our refrigerator which stopped cooling. We placed a claim almost one month ago and it is still not resolved. They first claimed they would repair it even though the contractor they sent out recommended a replacement. They were supposed to send parts but after 10 days, the parts had not even been sent. I finally call and the rep got in contact with the contractor and determined that we actually DO need a replacement and not a fix. That it would be 3-5 days until we hear options for replacement. Fast forward 10 days later and I still have not heard anything so I call back and wait on hold for an hour.

This lady reviews the claim and says that it was denied but should not have been because she knows that the issue is covered... as she has been there for 8+ years and has seen several refrigerators replaced with this exact issue. So she gets her supervisor involved and informs me it will be send back a second time to be reviewed AGAIN. On their online portal, the progress of this claim says "Appointment Set". No one contacted me at all to tell me any of this. We have been going on a month now without a refrigerator and have already had to purchase a mini fridge. Save your money and time and go with another company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I contact 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty on August regarding my range. I submitted another request on August 13. The contractor came out and said it was the control board and the igniter and would have to order the parts. He came back a week later with the parts but the stove still did work. He said he was going to contact home buyers warranty and let them know he need a knob. The following weeks since August 15 we have not heard from the contractor. Have contracted 2-10 home buyers warranty several time and again today to hear the same thing obtains over about trying to reach the contractor by phone and email and the service contractor. Mind you my wife and I have health issues, cancer and high blood pressure where you can’t eat fried foods. My children have been cooking and bring us food my mother-in law has been cooking food and it has been now a month without an oven to cook.

This should not have taken this long to get an oven fixed. We are told maybe Monday or Tuesday you should hear something and today still nothing but told the person's e-mail is full and no diagnosis were put in the portal. This is truly poor service and if it were you I’m sure you would not wait that long. It has been frustrating dealing with them and nothing resolved. So we are still waiting to get my oven fixed and nothing happening to get it resolved. I have them a zero for service on this service.

Today is September 16 and to this day a month later still no gas oven working. We can’t eat fried food every day as it is very unhealthy for my wife who is now having stomach issues. All I want is my stove oven fixed. We were not offered a new oven to replace this one. The stove has been in the house since we brought the house in 1998 and have been with to 2-10 home buyers warranty all that time up to present and have never experienced nothing like this ever before. We can never speak to a manager to talk about the gas oven • this has been unfair to me and my family trying to fix and buy food daily for their parents. Something needs to be done. We put in a request August 13 and Acer Technology came out. I signed a paper for recommendations on August 18 and have not seen or heard from the contractor and have to keep calling the home buyers warranty to hear the same thing told over and over again. As of today STILL NO OVEN FIXED

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

If I could give 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, their customer service and supervisors a negative 10, I would. I purchased the most expensive plan (Everything Together plan) for $550 per year. On Sept 1 my water heater started flooding my basement. On Sept 2nd, at the end of the day, I called to see if my service request had been dispatched. The gentleman told me that there wasn't ANY contractors within a 90 mile radius to service my water heater. He advised me to call my own contractor and contact them in the morning with a diagnosis.

On Sept 3rd, my contractor spoke with this warranty company and explained my water heater was beyond repair. AFTER replacing the water heater, they told me they would not cover it because I had CHOSEN to get my own contractor. NOT TRUE AT ALL! They stated they would only cover $468 of the $1185 bill. Even more frustrating considering I pay more for the coverage than they're willing to reimburse.

Later in the day on Sept 3rd, I had called again and informed "Tiffany" that I would like a copy of the Quality Assurance calls from 09/02 proving the representative TOLD ME to get my own contractor. After being on hold for over 45 mins, she stated that she had spoken with her floor supervisor and agreed that there WAS NOT someone in my area and that they would note my account to pay the entire bill. On Sept 13th, I received a check for $468.

AGAIN, I call, being placed on hold for over an hour on every one of these calls... I explained to "Deon" that 2 separate individuals agreed that there was no one in my area and that I would be reimbursed. So now, I ask for both recorded phone calls so I can take this to court. After another hour, he came back and told me I would have to get legal counsel for the quality assurance phone calls. I fully intend on pursuing this for principal purposes! BE AWARE!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY COVERAGE!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I contacted 2-10 on August 3rd due to the air conditioner not working at all. They came out and stated I needed a new compressor. They said they ordered it and it would take a few days. After a week I contacted them, because I received no notifications and the status of my request was not updated on line. They said they ordered the wrong compressor and had to reorder the right one. I called several times again and no one could assist. They had no idea what was going on. Keep in mind every time I called, I was on hold for 40 minutes to over an hour just to be able to talk to someone. I just want people to know that this service is horrible, and I believe they just did not want to pay for the compressor. Very sad to go without air conditioning for over a month in Florida in the month of August. I absolutely will not renew their service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

The contractor came to my home on August 13th, said that the issue with my fridge required a part. So they needed to order it and he’d be back out next week when it came in. August 15th, my fridge goes completely out. The freezer and fridge side, so when he comes back out on Wednesday, August 18th, he tells me that the fridge is beyond repair and that he’ll be submitting the diagnosis to 2-10. Well that didn’t happen until Monday, August 23rd! So I was told it had to go to the determination dept and I’d be notified of the decision within 3-5 days. Well, after not hearing anything for 3 days, I called on Thursday, August 26th and was told they decided to repair the refrigerator, instead of replacing as recommended! & they had to call the contractor to get additional information that was not on the initial diagnosis submission.

So at this point, I’ve been two weeks with no refrigerator due to mis/lack of communication between the contractor and 2-10! So they submit the new information to the determination department and I have to wait another 3-5 days for a determination. & the most frustrating part is that I’m only finding out information because I’m calling. The portal was never updated and I was never notified of any decisions! & since then, I still don’t have a refrigerator and today is August 31st! So needless to say, this has been the worst experience!!! My family has been out of so much money between having to constantly buy ice, eat out or throw away leftovers because we don’t have anywhere to store it! Not to mention having to throw away all the food in my fridge and freezer! & there’s been no offer to compensate nor a rush to get this issue resolved! If I could give this rating 0 stars, I would! 2-10 has been the worst home warranty company I’ve ever dealt with!

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information