Zenith TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a Zenith television set in November 2011 from Target in Virginia Beach during the Black Friday sale. However, last week as I was watching television and changing the channel, the screen just went black. I turned the TV off and tried turning it back on, but was unable to get a picture back. It is a 35" plasma TV. I can't believe this television just went out like that. I have been trying to call around to see if I can get it repaired. Either no one can fix it, or the amount to have it fixed is ridiculous.

I have read of numerous complaints about Zenith televisions, and the problems that people have had and are still having. There should be a serious class action suit against Zenith for making televisions that aren't any good. People work very hard to earn a living to buy things for their enjoyment, and should not have to deal with something like this. I am highly disappointed with the quality of the Zenith/LG service and will look into finding out what I can do legally to rectify this situation. It is not fair to the consumers. I hope that when others read this review they will also contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint to see about filing a class action suit.

I don't know they make this brand anymore lolz. It's about a 32" in my bedroom, old fashioned kind with the huge back that makes it hard to move or bear hug. In LR have a Samsung flat screen (44") bigger, & it's also great. I can see it lasting as long as my Zenith has, I hope anyway. I like them both & no complaints at all.

A 97 or 98 Zenith 32' (Cathode Tube) Television that was bought from Craigslist. I have had the TV only for several weeks. The picture is excellent for the age. Paid about $50.00 for the TV and I'm thoroughly pleased to date. These type TV(s) are preferable to the more crystal clear LED, Plasma and the like. Although these TV(s) have excellent pictures (only from a distance since the picture quality breaks down when you get super close to them), the pictures are not real life (as if you are looking like a window). When you get close to them the technology reveals that they look like computer animations. This is not life-like, so it is desired to stay with the slightly duller but more real life pictures of the Cathode Ray technology. That is why going to the Theaters is such fun. The pictures are real life.

I purchased a 65 inch Zenith tv for 26,00.00 dollars not even 2 years ago and on May 15, 2015 I came home from work and turned the television on and it came on for a few seconds then clicked right back off. I turned it right back on and it did the same thing. And it's been doing the same thing. So I notified the Zenith company and they connected me with Sears also which came out for a service fee of 107.00$.

We've had this Zenith television for nearly three years. I can't provide the model number as the television is in the second repair shop. When attempting to turn on, it instead makes a clicking noise then immediately turns off. Each estimate has been quoted for $340-$360 to repair it. Such a disappointment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenith/LG?

I bought this so called plasma TV from Kmart in 2009 on sale and I've seen other plasmas with a better picture. It makes knocking sounds and it has station logos burned in the screen. It also get very hot plus it takes at least 10 minutes to cut it on whether I try manually or with the remote. Zenith use to be known for being a good brand but not now.. my other TVs which are not flat screens are still working great 15 years later with no problems at all. In the event of a class action lawsuit please contact me, I feel I haven't gotten my money's worth.

Z50pj240 plasma tv was purchased about 3 years ago. I woke up this morning and my tv had gone back into time when there was only black and white shows. I tried unplugging it, that did not work so now I am waiting until Zenith open so I may call them.

Unlike the others that complained, I had no popping sounds and I am now lead to believe that zenith only manufacture their products to last a couple of years in hope that we will repurchase another tv from them again. But like others, this was my first and last time and I hope they are sued. Too much money invested for such sad results. Now I have to try and find receipt.

I turned it on and I heard a loud pop. The screen went almost completely off. I checked how to videos to find out what went wrong. I saw all the messages referring to this model TV. Contacted Zenith/Lg and cannot help since the extended warranty expired. I paid $2,000.00 for this TV, it is a lot of money to be a paperweight. Any suggestions would be welcome. Model #z50px2d.

TV goes half screen black after warm up, after half hour of use. Like to know what to do before it goes completely black or permanent damage. I turn it off about 10 min. Then ok for another while and it happens again. What can I do about this problem?

I have been trying to get my Zenith TV Model Z50PT320, that is less than a year old, fixed since November 16th. After 2 visits to my house to fix it, I was told they would return December 11th to put the part on. Nobody ever showed up or called. We already had a part replaced in the summer, too. So a TV, that we have had less than 12 months, was not working for over 2 months of that time. It is still not working and will not be until January until they come out to fix it. I have made numerous phone calls and have been placed on hold for 25 minutes and then disconnected. I called back and was placed on hold for 35 minutes and then disconnected. I am fed up with these people. This is wrong and somebody should do something about it.

I bought this Zenith/LG Z50PX2D TV in 2006 from BrandSmart and I heard the same popping sound two years later. After that, the TV only had sound, no picture. I called Zenith and they said that it was not under warranty and that they would not repair it. After literally begging them, they sent out a repairman to repair the TV free of charge and that it was a one-time deal only. This week the TV would not power up until pressing the power button multiple times (between 10 and 50). I called Zenith and they gave me a local repair shop to contact. I called them to set up an appointment, but a house was $90 and the repair would cost at least $300 minimum. I will never again buy a Zenith.

I am outraged! We have had this 32" Zenith LCD TV for 4 years and one night we turned it on and a black screen. I can turn it on and off 3-4 times till I can get a picture. Then once I shut it off and try to turn it on, black screen again! I am ticked off! You pay good money for a product for my home to only last a few years. Seriously, a lawsuit should be in order. I guess it’s time to buy a Sony or another good name. Never again will I buy a Zenith or LG.

Just great! My new TV lasted 17 months. Zenith Z50 plasma won’t turn on. If I hit the power button, it goes on, then off, then on, and then off. I paid 60 bucks out of my own pocket to have an authorized repairman tell me it is going to go over half of what I paid for the TV to get it fixed, and he’s not sure if that will fix it. Never again Zenith or LG. You took money out of my pocket like a thief. This is almost as bad as when we bought a high-end fridge at Lowes and it lasted one day. We ended up going through seven fridges in 10 days from Lowes. Never again for them either.

Zenith/LG Z50PX2D TV - All I get when turning the TV on is black screen and sound. This TV is only 6 years old and I am not the only one with this problem. Will a lawyer please take our case? Something needs to be done! A class action suit needs to happen.

I bought a Zenith flat screen TV and after just over one year, it goes out. The green power light would flash about 3 or 4 times and the picture would go out for a few seconds. I had told the store about this and they told me it was a safety feature. Well, not long after that, one day it started blinking and all I got was a black screen and now that is all I get. Of course, the store would not replace it but they said they could send a repairman. I feel like something should be done. I cannot afford a repairman!

I bought the Zenith Z50PX2d plasma TV in May of 2006. It lasted six years. Yesterday, I heard the loud "pop" that everyone on the internet seems to have experienced with this TV. Hearing all of the same stories, and with there being so many of them, I feel a lawsuit is in order. Six years is not a lot of time for a TV that I spent almost $3,000 for. I called LG/Zenith and they said they can send a serviceman out to run a diagnostic (will cost $89 just to look). Then, the repairs will cost more on top of that (parts and labor). I'm thinking that it will cost at least $500 and is not worth it. The TV worked very well until this incident. It's a shame that the TV is so defective. I'm very angry that I have to spend money on a new TV when I feel this should’ve lasted another 4 years at least.

I purchased Plasma TV model Z42PQ20 from Kmart in Savannah, GA in late 2009 or early 2010 (still searching for the receipt). My TV will turn on, several rapid clicks, entire time it is clicking. The light is flashing blue then light flashes red and TV turns off. No one wants to assist you (Zenith/LG), only report no one has issues such as this yet. There are hundreds of the exact same complaints on the internet. It is a shame that people will not stand behind their products. It is also sad that poor quality and rude customer service is why most Americans buy foreign instead of domestic. It seems that imports are of better quality than what we build here at home. Why doesn't someone step in and make Zenith/LG take responsibility for their faulty TVs?

I purchased an LG 32" TV, Model 32LV2400-UA TV, a week before Christmas 2011. As of March 10, 2012, the TV will not turn on. It does not function at all. LG wanted me to package and mail it at my expense and said it would be about a 30-day turnaround. This is absurd. I am paying a local TV repair company to fix the problem and the estimated cost is $345. I will never purchase another LG product. My old Motorola TV lasted twenty years.

The screen went dark in my Zenith/LG 42PC3G Plasma TV and the quoted repair prices are way too much. I have done research to see if a class suit is pending or not and there are thousands of complaints listed by irate consumers. If anybody is aware of a class action suit, please inform me.

I have an LG 62" TV that was bought almost 6 years ago. I turned it on this morning and when it finally came on, it was fine for a couple of minutes and then there was a loud popping sound (loud enough to wake up my son!). The screen went blank and the power light turned to red, as well as the light bulb light underneath which has never happened. There was a smoky smell. I waited a couple of minutes and tried to turn it back on, but it never did and there was a squeaky sound coming from the back. I now have it unplugged.

We are not big TV watchers and don't watch everyday. If we do watch it, then it's for a few minutes in morning and maybe some at night, but never during the day. After seeing all the complaints, I am very interested in participating in a class action lawsuit. Please notify me if one comes about! This TV cost a few thousand dollars, so I feel like I have been stolen from and conned into overpaying for something that was possibly planned to fail!

Will not honor warranty - I purchased a Zenith 50-inch plasma TV. It was defective from the first day. LG tried to fix the set by replacing the main and secondary boards. The problem still persists. LG has discontinued this TV, probably because of all the complaints and still refuses to replace or buy back our TV. I will never buy another LG product. LG personnel were rude, offensive and have totally avoided the issue. I have Emerson TVs that outperform their products. My overall rating for LG is zero in every category. Do not make the mistake I have. I will be contacting counsel to bring suit against LG on this matter.

I purchased a 50-inch Zenith plasma TV in December 2007 with model # z50px2d. Like what numerous consumers have complained about, my TV made loud popping sound three years later and hasn't come back on since. Despite several attempts to contact Zenith, I have received no help. I kept the TV figuring sooner or later that there should be a lawsuit considering all the complaints of same nature. Please let me know if there is a class action or some form of resolution available. Thanks

I purchased a Zenith Z50PX2D plasma television in 2006, and it appears that my set too also experienced the popping sound in Fall 2011 and then a faded picture like thousands of other owners (either they fade or just go black). This set was hardly used and may have had up to 2,000 hours of use at most. (My old color TV with a tube from Emerson, yes Emerson, still works after 22 years.) LG and Zenith have not done a recall on these after thousands of complaints (as they should) nor are they willing to pay for both parts and labor for their faulty product.

Also reading through the threads here and elsewhere, I found that even after the costly repairs are done, the same thing happens again. This set cost me over $2,500 and feel I've been robbed by LG--this is not petty theft now. As a result, I have not and will not buy any products by LG and warn others of their unwillingness to stand behind their products.

If you search the internet, you will see so many boards about faulty large screen Zenith and LG plasmas. I'm surprised there is no lawsuit in place to represent us. I'm a little angry about this that LG has not done anything. (What has/what will Consumers Affairs do? I wonder.) LG should be contacting everyone who filed a complaint and effectively repairing, replacing, or refunding for these defective plasma TV sets. Will someone step up and represent us or fight for us in a class action suit? There's too many of us that this should be dismissed and ignored. So for now, I have a huge paperweight in my living room collecting dust, and I hope one day that justice will be served.

This TV has a defect. It went black. As many consumers, we should claim a class action against Zenith/LG for selling TV that are not any good! My model plasma TV is Z50px2d.

My 55" Plasma TV was just under one year warranty. It just stopped turning on but you could hear "popping sound." I called Robert at customer service on 1/26 at 2:03. He made appointment with Jack for next day. No one showed up by 2:30 so I called Robert back. He had no documentation of phone call! Jack called at 3 pm and said he wanted to order parts (for a TV he hadn't even seen yet) and he would be at my apartment on 1/31. Jack came, turned TV over, opened up "new part" and yep, wrong part! Jack scanned back of my TV and reordered correct part. On 2/7, Jack came over to finally get TV working. Yep, wrong part! So now talking to Gus at customer service and he doesn't quite understand it's not about the wrong part as much as the poor customer service! So after reading all these reviews, I will wait, get TV fixed eventually and wait for TV to not work again which sounds like that should happen fairly soon then I'll buy any product but Zenith.

I had gotten a 60" LG Plasma TV on Dec. 23, 2011! The next night, I came home after celebrating Christmas with the family, and the picture has so many vertical lines going through the TV. And the left hand side has 2 red vertical lines! I have unplugged all my other appliances (Surround Sound, DVD player, etc.) and even my microwave and toasters and kitchen aid mixer in the kitchen which is the next room over. The manual has stated that appliances such as a microwave oven, etc., etc. could in fact intertwine with the picture on my plasma TV.

Therefore, it is Christmas, and I called LG stating the problem! The man I talked to told me to unplug the TV from the wall while holding the power button down for 40 seconds. After doing that and plugging it back in as I was told, the lines were still on the television as it powered on. Then and there, the man then told me I would in fact need to service repair on it. Really? It took me doing that and explaining my self of what was wrong for you to tell me "I would need a service"?

Wow! I am not happy! This TV in all is costing $1600.00 plus what I am going to pay for a repair?! I am one unhappy camper! LG has let me down! Usually their products are always great! Especially phones. And I am always putting a good word in for their phones. But this has been a faulty product brand-new straight out of the box!!

Bought a Zenith Z42PQ20 and it popped at past the one year warranty. This was in the living room and only used a dozen times or more. Sears will charge $100 to come to the house and then up to $400 to repair. There should be a class action suit or take these products off the shelve.

I am writing only after seeing all of the other similar complaints about these large screen LG TVs. If a class action suit does get formed, please count me in! In September 2006 I bought an LG 50" (model #50PC1DRA-UA.A) flat screen plasma TV for $2,600.00. Great picture and it worked well until a couple of weeks ago when after turning it on, I got a loud electrical "popping" noise and the screen shut itself off. After trying to turn it on again, I got the same popping noise and it shut itself off again. The receiver continues working as I do get sound, and I can change channels—just no picture. If/when the screen does stay on after multiple tries, I get a squeaking noise from the back of the TV for about 20 seconds. Then if it stays on I get the same good quality picture as I had before. However, I'm now afraid to turn it on at all for fear it'll cause an electrical fire in my home.

This seems to be a common issue with these TVs for 4-5-6 years now. Again, after reading the plethora of similar customer complaints, and seeing that expensive repairs don't last even a year, I'll be replacing this TV with anything but an LG manufactured unit.

I purchased an LG 50" Plasma TV from Sears in the summer of 2009 for around $900.00, model # 50PQ30. The warranty expired in 2010. The TV worked great until two weeks ago. When I turn it on, it turns off and on every 20 seconds for about 10 minutes. I have changed remote batteries and changed the power strip, but the problem continued. The cable/DVR does not shut off so that is not the problem. I called LG and they will not do anything about it and referred me to Sears. Sears was also of no help unless I pay the (very high) service charge. This should not be happening to a 2 year old plasma TV. I have called around to repair technicians and have found that LG TVs are known for only lasting less than 3 years. This is unbelievable!

I purchased an LG big screen TV 3 years ago and I watch TV perhaps 2 hours daily during the winter months and not much during other months. Hence, I have not used it much. Now the sound fluctuates from loud to soft and it will not turn on sporadically. I have unplugged it for periods of time and then sometimes it will turn on. On the older analog TVs, there was never this problem, or really any other problems. So my concern is, are we going to accept these perhaps "throw away" newer models? I would expect that newer technology would mean a better product.

Zenith TV Company Profile