Viore TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought two Viore televisions that were both 20 inches for my children bedrooms. Both tv's went out. The TVs will still turn on but then the screen become pitch black displaying no images. My son tv went out during four years. My daughter tv went out within three years. I caught the Tv's on sale for $79.99 each. Is there any warranty.

The green light is frozen on and no picture. It wont' shut off and on with a remote. And I don't know what is wrong.

The tv screen seem to have a protection cover over the screen and is peeling off. I tried to get information from Walmart, but they said they can't do anything about the problem. If this is a protection film, can it be taken off?

I purchased the item with the intention of using it in place of a Computer Screen. Have owned the device for 3 years without experiencing problems with the unit. It is used occasionally as a regular TV, but mostly as a screen in which to browse the web, study online and watch Netflix. The image is very clear, very good definition at an affordable price. I know there are many brands in the market that outperform Viore, but if you're looking for a good TV at an affordable price Viore is a front runner.

The monitor changes screen resolution sizes by itself. Will not remain on full screen as I have programmed it to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viore TV?

TV has volume but no picture and it's getting extremely hot. Can anyone shed some light on the problem?

For only one year the TV picture quality was great until the TV started not showing video on any input. Power light changes from standby red to green, but no screen! Tried unplugging from power source to see if that was the problem, but the TV failed to power up. The thing is that I contacted Viore and they know about the problem. Please make them produce a better product!!!

Takes several times to turn it on and then it just turns off by itself. Only have had it for 4 years. Rarely used.

My Viore 32" HD LCD Television #LC32VH56A turns off and on by itself. This television was used on occasion as I have three other televisions in different locations. A Viore tech wants $28.00 to tell me what is wrong with said TV. It's their TV, why should I have to pay for an answer. WHAT A SCAM!

I purchase the 32" Viore TV back in Feb. 2009 and it is still going strong. It has its quirks, on rare occasions like too much red, or blurry picture, but all I have to do is unplug and replug it and it's fine.

I can not get a picture at all unless I'm hooked to cable, which I am dropping. Anyone know how to get a picture? I tried an antenna but that didn't work. Does anyone think I need one of those boxes they were giving/selling a few years back? Help!!! Plus while I'm watching TV it just goes white and I have to turn it off and then back on, then the picture is good until the next day. I think a new NON-Viore is in my future. I saw some nice TVs at my local Pawn Shop and they allow lay-away and a 6-month warranty. Any ever buy from a Pawn Shop and how did it turn out?

I purchased this TV from Sam's Club almost 3 years ago and it has the best picture of any TV in my home. This is the first Viore that I've purchased and I would purchase another if needed. I love it and couldn't be happier with it!

Viore 26 inch 1080 LCD television LC26VF59 - Tried to turn TV on this morning and it would not turn on. The light on the TV went from red to green then went off again. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in. I got the same thing. I tried with the TV on and off switch and got the same results. This TV isn't even 3 years old. I'd say recall also.

The tv was off until 5 pm. I turned it on, sat down, & noticed smoke coming from the back. When I approached to unplug, I saw flames inside the TV. This makes no sense & I see someone had the same experience.

My VIORE TV CAUGHT FIRE, from the inside out. I had just come home from Costco and smelled something like plastic burning and came in the room and saw smoke coming from the back of the television. I looked behind the TV stand and noticed that the smoke was coming from inside the television set and immediately the fire started to melt the plastic from the inside out. I screamed for my husband who was outside as I unplugged the wall connection and tried to unscrew the cable box so that he can carry it outside before it caught to the wall and the armoire or the curtains. Luckily, have a balcony in our room and he was able to take it out that door. He ran down to grab the fire extinguisher and put it out. But not before I burned my hand. The smell was horrendous. The whole room it filled with the smell of burning plastic. The television had NOT been on all day. Needless to say if we hadn't been home our house would have burned down. Something must be done about these televisions. They are defective!

I ordered 2 Viore TVs through walmart online. They Both went bad during the same week after owning them a little over a year. The power button is unresponsive for days at a time. TV simple won't turn on..... I'm stuck with these malfunctioning units, this causes a great deal of aggravation. Wish there was something I could do. Single working mom with three kiddos, means I won't be able to replace the girls TVs anytime soon. WE NEED A RECALL!!!! !

Bought a Viore at Sams, it broke in the last month of warranty, back and forth for 3 months, they finally sent a Viore back NOT in original box, packaged very poorly, came in damaged. Sent it back, they sent a Westinghouse out, came in broken, sent another Westinghouse that broke 5 months later. Called customer service and no help in getting it resolved. Finally I got online and saw the postings on this site and found a number to call, I am waiting for that person, George to call me back to see what they will do now. My hopes are not high, cheap thing, no good, good thing, no cheap! Never again will I buy off brand.

Channels will not hold, must re-scan about every 10 days. Picture will go black for no reason. All in all I would not recommend this TV to anyone. This TV is about a year old - it's been a problem for the last 6 months. Old saying - you get what you pay for -

We bought a Viore Television from Sam's Club about 2 years ago. The TV has been problematic from the beginning. The picture won't come on, the sound is poor (volume does not project well out of the TV). Sometimes the unit will come on, sometimes it won't. The last straw, was the picture would be on one-half the screen. Now when you turn it on, there is a brief VIORE logo, then everything goes black; however, the light stays on. Customer service for Viore is no help at all. We will never buy a product from this company again.

Bought this Viore 32" TV about a year ago and it is already giving problems. The screen is turning red and green. We turn it off and later on, it will come back on with no problems. I'm afraid any day now the screen is just going to quit. I read online that tons of other people are having problems with this TV too. On the other hand, I bought a Sharp TV more than 6 years ago and it is still running perfectly.

We bought Viore 26-inch about a year ago, and it now stops and shuts itself off. We thought it was the receiver and found out once you let it be unplugged for some time, it works again but not always. But when it does work, the receiver is working fine - irritating to say the least.

I bought a 37" Viore TV from my local Walmart. The TV lasted 122 days… no picture and no sound. I called Walmart and they completely washed their hands of anything to do with the TV. I called Viore; they sent me to their warranty company and told me to bring it in to be repaired to their local repair shop. After 9 months, the repair shop said it could not be fixed... I called Viore and they refused to do anything. I called and wrote Walmart... they would not do anything. I blame Walmart as much as Viore because they know the TVs they sell are outdated models and are pieces of junk.

I purchased several TVs last April for a new, larger house we built. One of them was a Viore. The audio stopped working after 95 days ... just 5 days past the store's warranty return/exchange policy. I called Viore and they had me call their warranty company. I began calling this company in August. The first few times, they would have someone call me. That never happened. I kept calling...

One call in October, they gave me a trouble ticket number and said they didn't know anything about my other calls, but that this would be handled right away. I never got a call. I called back several times and finally was given a local TV repair's name and number. After several times trying to get a hold of this company, they told me that they weren't paid enough to come out to my house to repair it and that I had to bring it to them, leave it and come back to get it. This shop is 60 miles from my house.

I called the warranty company about this and, after several more phone calls, finally got the local TV guy to agree to come to my house to repair. Now, the warranty company "ordered the part that was needed" and had it shipped to the local guy and they would call me to set up the repair. After a month of no one calling me, I called Global (warranty co.) and they said the part had been on back order, but that it just arrived. The local company did call then and we did set up a repair (it's now December). I should have stopped at this time (or probably sooner!) and put the TV in the trash. Sigh ... I did not.

I planned a time around my hectic schedule. They showed up and, after 1 hour, determined that it was the wrong part. He said he would go back, order the right part and call me back. That never happened. In January, I called Global and they would find out what happened and they would call me. That never happened. Last week, I called again and Global said that since it had gone on so long, they would just give me a new TV and that Viore would call me about it. That never happened.

Yesterday, I called Viore (after calling Global) and they said they didn't contact me because they didn't have my email. They said that they'd be happy to give me a new TV. All I had to do was go somewhere, package and ship the TV at my own expense. Once they received the defective TV, they would send me a new one. Guess what?! The TV is now going in the trash! That was an expensive lesson to find out that principle is a lot of work and not very satisfying!

Viore and its sister TVs - Seiki, iSymphony, Westinghouse, Qunatumview, and Hiteker - are all very cheap, mass produced TVs made in China. They sell them to companies such as Wal-Mart and Sam's Club (discount outlets) in bulk. They outsource their customer service to a third party named ServicePower which takes the calls and if they can solve the problem over the phone (which is not often at all), they do so; otherwise, they have absolutely no power to help you.

The following will occur: If your TV needs to be exchanged, this process will take approximately six weeks to accomplish and you will be required to pay one way shipping to Van Nuys, CA in which case you will get a TV not guaranteed to even be the same manufacturer. (It will be another off brand crappy TV in which half of the time. The TV sent back to you breaks in less than 90 days.) If your TV is set up for service repair, then ServicePower dispatches the call to yet another company called the Global Warranty Group who will locate a service center for you (4 -10 days) in which case, the service center will need to order parts. If the parts are in (which is less than 50% of the time), your TV will be serviced and running again in 2-4 weeks. If the parts are on back order (you guessed it, they come from China), they will be on back order for 30 to 120 days if they are even being made still at all.

You can call the helpline (ServicePower) back to complain, but you will never be able to speak with a manager. (His name is Chris ** and he refuses to get on the phone to help. He instructs his employees to lie and tell you that he's in a meeting or out to lunch, etc.) The rep you speak with will tell you that they're escalating the call and someone will call back within 72 hours. This never happens! You will end up calling back multiple times asking to speak with a manager and/or a resolution only to be told again the manager is in a meeting or out to lunch. The tech is instructed to say "We are only a call center, not the manufacturer" (which is both very convenient for the manufacturer as well as for ServicePower as neither has to take any responsibility) and will re-escalate the call which again does no good!

If you ask for the manufacturer's telephone number to complain directly, you will be told they can't or won't give that number out. If you ask for a refund, they are instructed to say that the manufacturer won't refund your money. They will attempt to repair and then exchange the TV, not refund your money. How do I know all of this? I used to work for them until I started complaining and being very critical of the policies in place because we were ripping people off. I was fired shortly after doing so. ServicePower's direct phone number is 800-377-3678. The manager is Chris **. He's currently at extension **. The manufacturer's direct number (no matter whether you're talking about any of the above-mentioned TVs) is 818-877-0700 (they are really a company called ESI) and you are looking for Eddie **. He is the manager in charge. I hope this helps and good luck!

One month and still no working Viore TV - Well, I have called and called and called. Now, I have emailed. Yesterday, it was a month ago I placed the claim. I was told it would take 2 days for someone to call me about fixing it. What a lie. This is the worst company on the planet, and all I can say is do not buy one! Oh by the way, the TV is less than a year old.

I purchased my TV late 2010/early 2011. It had always been plugged into my room. About a year ago, I plugged it into my son's room and it didn't work. I tried multiple outlets with no luck. Several days later, it was working. We then plugged it back into my room and it again took a few days. At the time, I wasn't all worried as I should have been. But after moving 3 months ago, it would take weeks to come back on, even being plugged into the same outlet after unplugging it. Now, I realize there actually was a problem. I emailed Viore with no response except the automatic "We will answer your email as soon as possible." After another email and the same response over a week later, I contacted the company. It is now out of warranty since it was not reported the first time, and it is my responsibility to call a repairman to replace the power board. Really?!

I bought a 55'' LC55VFZ61 TV from shopnbc.com and they will not fix it. The TVs are junk. They should do a recall on all of them. I have sound on my TV, but no video. I paid a lot of money for it, but the TV didn't even last a year. I am pissed off. What can I do about this?

I bought a 32" LED/LCD Viore TV back in July 2010. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the remote control is not working good anymore. So I tried to turn the volume up or down using the menu board on the front of the TV, but it has a fake menu board. I went back to Wal-Mart store where I got the TV from and spoke to a customer service attendant. She told me to try to contact the TV manufacturer because it's not Wal-Mart's responsibility after the warranty time. I've been trying to find the Viore manufacturer online to get their phone number without success. How I can contact them? Can anybody help me?

Broken TV - I purchased a Viore 50 inch TV in 2010. It’s only over two years old and the color is gone and only plays in black and white!

I purchased a Viore TV LCD HDTV in 2010. It was made in 2009 and a few weeks ago, it just stopped working without any warning. This TV is only one year and six months old. A TV should not give out this quick, if you don't look at it but for about 3-5 hours, 3 days a week.

Viore TV Company Profile