2. Miscellaneous

Sony PlayStation

Sony PlayStation
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

Sony PlayStation Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony PlayStation?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I was automatically charge on someone else credit card. I been trying to call for days. All I get is a voice prompt saying that due to they been so busy they can not take any calls and disconnect calls. Without been able to speak with anyone or leave messages. The website is not great help either. How can a company sell their products and don’t have any live support or chat support.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My account info was stolen, I don’t know how. Basically the thief activated their PS4 as the primary on the account, thus gaining access to all my games. I quickly changed the password, setup 2-step verification, put a passcode on the account, etc. Here’s where customer service came in. Customer service is a stretch, considering they refuse to help in any way. Anyways, I needed to get the criminals PS4 deactivated, that was the only thing left. “Nope, sorry, you can only deactivate your devices once every 6 MONTHS.” They said I should try asking whoever the criminal is to deactivate it. Yeah, awesome, great suggestion.

They repeatedly assured me that there was no problem, and I still had access to everything. This is NOT true. You only have access with an active internet connection. Because it has to verify the licenses, and can’t without internet. But hey “If you set this as your primary PS4, you can play offline!” Which just made me even more upset. They said that I had to wait the full 6 months, and as soon as I asked for it to be escalated, they just disconnected the chat. I wasn’t swearing or anything that you’d think would get a rep to disconnect. So if they don’t like where the conversation is headed, they just say sorry and leave. They won’t help their customers. They protect criminals. Oh add if you try to dispute any charges made, they’ll just ban the account outright. That’s right, even if a fraudulent charge is made, that’ll ban YOU if you try to dispute it.

By the way, you’re only purchasing the licenses to games, so you don’t actually own them and believe me they make sure to take advantage of that. I will neither buy Sony products, or digital goods, again. It’s Xbox and physical copies from now on for me. I’m going to do a dispute anyways, despite the ban that will follow. At least he won’t be able to play the games either. And I don’t plan on giving them my money again, so.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I hope everyone in the world reads this! Just spent $75 on gift card to PlayStation and my son used them in his account, not even a week later said account is hacked. Someone changed the password and turned on 2 step verification, but it was not us. We are unable to access this account, with my son's credit card info stored in it, all his purchases for the last ten years. Customer service continually disconnects me from the chat, even when I ask for a supervisor! No one is available on the telephone number provided, there is literally ZERO support for their accounts.

BEWARE!! Whatever info you put in your PlayStation account is no longer yours and is no longer SAFE and you will not be helped by Sony in any way whatsoever. They will not even deactivate this account to protect our credit card information! They just refuse to engage in a discussion with us. Disconnecting us from the chat immediately! I might call the police and place a report tbh.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I was a victim of cyber attack on my account in which the thief took all my son's savings Money from the card that I had on file, not only did Sony ban my account but I’m unable to play any games purchased through Sony. So 10+ years and gamer tag that holds sentimental value because of my fathers passing when I was younger down the drain. Contacted Sony on this matter and was told that specialist are taking care of it and that I will not be able to play the games I PAID FOR until they figure it out.... Now this is the good part. They will not reimburse me for the time loss for the investigation on this matter so it makes it seem they’re making me out to feel that their customers don’t mean anything to their multibillion dollar brand and we’re just another number.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I was contacting them for something simple and I was on the phone for an hour. No response whatsoever. The live chats is impossible to get a hold of. Overall worst service. I’m getting rid of any PlayStation related services. Super upsetting! I hope that after this review the ConsumerAffairs will advocate for consumers like they should.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My account was hacked on 12/13/20. This was caught by my credit card when 12+ purchases on PS were submitted. I tried to contact PS and found that they have NO customer service online or by phone on Sundays. Ridiculous. One of the busiest days of the week and no support. I have been in touch 3 times and my account is still suspended. The first time, I thought I had it worked out because I had actually talked to a human. Whatever. Useless. I'm beyond angry and frustrated.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I am simply bewildered by the lack of Sony's customer support. After being a satisfied customer for 15 years, I can confidently say that I will no longer support the Sony Brand. After numerous attempts to communicate with Sony support, I am unable to communicate with a Sony representative with respect to downloadable content I'm not able to remove from my console. Their support line never answers phone calls; their website has you speaking to chatbots instead of human beings. If you are thinking of purchasing a Sony product, please consider that if you have any issues or concerns, there is a chance that you'll be left to figure them out on your own.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I made over a dozen attempts to contact them through their live chats and phone numbers during business hours. They failed to assist me in any way every time. Had to dispute a charge because of a charge error and now my whole system won't work right. Terrible service!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

It is impossible to contact the Playstation support. They ignore e-mails for days and the hotline kicks you out immediately after calling, claiming all lines are busy. Also the refund policy is outdated. If a product is not working you won't get a refund as soon as the product was downloaded. So to find out if a game or software is working you need to use your psychic powers to see the future and find out if you are going to experience a software error. In my case, my 5 months running pre-order was not downloaded but put in my library anyway. I can't download it nor play it. Sony won't refund it and they don't answer my support e-mails. They just scammed me off my 70 bucks and they'll get away with that. If you are into fraud, sony is the company to sign up.

Resolution response: Dec. 5, 2020

Sony contacted me back after getting their attention. Nobody should go as far as to get help from other companies such as ConsumerAffairs to get attention for Customer Support. I am glad though that ConsumerAffairs do exists. Sony fixed my complaint and gave back my libraries.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have purchased several items from Sony, one day a hacker got a hold of my account and went out buying games through Playstation network, my bank noticed the unusual pattern of buying and notified me via text. I promptly answered NO to the question "do you recognized these transactions?" and the bank immediately and rightfully canceled my card and issued chargebacks to the transactions I answered NO to. 2 days later, Sony then blocked my access to all the games I have purchased before and after the incident. They cannot help you over the phone or chat once your account is blocked and the only recourse is through a webform which creates a ticket but I have never gotten an answer or resolution back.

Never trust Sony security, don't put any personal or financial information into their system as it will get hacked and they will force you to cough up dough for any valid chargebacks you do and hold your account hostage. Their Customer Service is the worst, their "help system" is built more on to how to not contact them than to be able to contact them.

Sony PlayStation Company Information