FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2015

7 Pioneer Electronics TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Large screen, 60", very intense definition. Maybe too much. No longer available. The explanation I heard was that it was too expensive to produce.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

Our Pioneer 52" inch plasma TV is 10 years old. It's an HD TV and WiFi enabled. We did a lot of research before purchasing. The picture is vibrant and clear. At the time it was top of the line & cost $2,500. It's stood the test of time & has held up perfectly fine. If I was looking for a replacement, I would certainly start here with this brand.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I've had this plasma TV since 2008, and it still produces a fantastic picture with good colors. Works well for gaming as well. Never been repaired. It's too bad they do not make them anymore because I would buy another.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2009
Original review: June 11, 2008
Hello, below please find a host of correspondence I'd have with Teresa of Pioneer Corporation in regards to a front panel of my plasma television which I'd broke in my own house and not covered by any insurance.

When I'd tried to get the panel replaced, I'd contacted the main source in this case Pioneer corporation and ask if I could get a brake in the price for the panel but some how I'd sent the wrong model number and they charge me a delivery fee of 180.00 each way plus the only way to pay for this panel is using a visa or master card which I'd use and paid interest for three months. My main complain is that consumers are not aware of the costs involved with this panels; they cost almost as much as a new Television set, so I have a brand new pioneer elite plasma that cost five thousand dollars and the front panel costs 3900 which is something I find unfair as a consumer and everyday people are not educated about this issue.

Mr. ****,

I'm not sure what you are referring to when asking for both prices. However, the retail cost of the replacement panel for a PROFHD1 is $3853.50. In your case we will sell it to you at a discount for $2518.33. I hope this helps.

Mr. ****,

I am still waiting for you to provide me with the return number so that I can check the status of the return with our Returns Department. Without that information we can not locate the return. Please contact our Returns Department with your RA #, they can better assist you, as I do not deal with parts return, 800-228-7221.

From: ****@****.com
Date: 06/05/08

Subject: charge info[#1190446]

Hello Teresa,
just wanted to know if your company is going to keep my payment. Should my
payment not be credited by this Monday I'm going to the department of
consumer and have a complain about your company's business practice and the

lack of concern your management team have shown in dealing with my case.

Forward

ignacio ****

I was never contacted about the wrong panel, you shipped to the tech and he r...

Jun 7 (4 days ago)

customer.support@pioneerservice.com to me

show details Jun 9 (2 days ago)

Mr. ****,

I think you are mis-understanding what I am asking. I will give you a call to clarify what I need in order to resolve this issue.

Date: 06/06/08

- Show quoted text -

Date: 06/09/08

Subject: Ignacio ****[#1191050]

the model number of the TV. is PROFHD1 plasma elite fifty inches and like we

discussed by phone Please send me both prices offered for my case.

Best wishes.

Mr. ****,

It has come to my attention that the panel received by the service company is incorrect. The correct model number of your plasma is PROFHD1, not PRO1150HD as you initially told me.

The replacement panel for PROFHD1 is $2518.33 plus tax and shipping, plus shipping of the incorrect panel back to Pioneer.

Another option would be to purchase a new plasma, from our current product line, directly from Pioneer at a discounted cost, plus tax and shipping and shipping of the incorrect panel back to Pioneer.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Date: 03/13/08

Subject: Re: PIONEER CASE 250864 [#1176670]

Hello Teresa,

please send it via ground for 180.56.

Thanks again for your efforts and please send me the total including

shipping.

Best wishes.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM,

wrote:

> Mr. ****,
> Please choose the shipping method you would like.
> Ground $180.56
> 2nd day $405.32
> Next day $513.65
> Remember this will not ship until available (around April 3rd).
> Teresa
> To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 08/3/6-103f user comment
> [#1176670]
> Hello Teresa,
> I'm ready as soon as we can get total together.
> Thanks again.
> Ignacio ****.
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM,
> wrote:
> > Mr. ****,
> > I have confirmed with Sterling Electronics their acceptance to ship the
> > panel directly to them.
> > However, the panel is currently unavailable. I received information from
> > our Parts Department that the soonest we will have stock available on the
> > panel is April 3, 2008. I can enter the order now and once it becomes
> > available we will ship it right away.
> >
> > In addition, I have sent an email to our logistics person to get freight
> > costs. From there you can choose which shipping method best suites your
> > needs.
> >
> > Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
> > Teresa
> > Customer Service Representative
> > --Original Message--
> > From: ****@gmail.com
> > Date: 03/11/08
> > To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com
> > Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 08/3/6-103f user comment [#1176670]
> > Hello Teresa,
> > the store is Sterling Electronics of 337E Gun Hill Road, Bronx, NY.10467 .
> > They have given me an acceptable price and when you ship the panel I will
> > bring the tv to them. They are very nice and caring. Not Riverdale Audio.
> >
> > Thanks again for your help again and now is just paying for the panel so
> > please send me a total.
> > Best wishes.
> > Ignacio ****.
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM,
> > wrote:
> > > Mr. ****,
> > > Here is a list of the closest authorized service centers to you. Please
> > > let me know you would like to use. We will need to check with them to be
> > > sure the arrangements we are making, as far as sending the panel to them, is
> > > okay. You may want to call each one and find out the turn around time as
> > > well as the cost for the installation.
> > > STERLING ELECTRONICS
> > > 337 EAST GUN HILL ROAD
> > > BRONX , NY 10467
> > > (718) ****-****

> > >

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pioneer Electronics TV?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2007

In December of 2005 I purchased a 42 inch pioneer plasma tv for $4200 dollars. in november of 2006 the product failed within the manufacturer warranty period. It has since been three months and they still have not fixed the problem nor do they handle this matter with any sense of emergency. They have had two different service company's come to my house and take the tv to their respective shops for repair with no avail. Pioneer is without a doubt the most inept customer care company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with if you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2001

We purchased a tv in 1997 and it has been broken (the same part) since 1998. Pioneer will not communicate and blames it on the repair shop. The repair shop says they have ordered parts which continue to fail. They have asked an engineer to call them, he has not. We want pioneer to replace the set and they have offered to sell another at cost. we feel they should replace the set and are considering small claims court if necessary. They have had the set for almost 2 months, this time! This is not damaging aside from the fact that I have spent literally hours on the phone (holding)and have been insulted and patronized by pioneer. the repair shop has failed to make appointments when we have had someone waiting all day. Finally, the set cost $2500 and we would like to recover or have it replaced.

Pioneer Electronics TV Company Information