Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Panasonic Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

We have a Panasonic 1200 watt 2.2 cubic foot microwave. It has a popcorn setting that actually works, I don't know anyone that likes the smell of burnt popcorn. Inverter turbo defrost which is the reason we bought this microwave again. (I rather one died from pouring water on it by accident). It's is a great feature if you have lots of meats that you defrost from your freezer before preparation this makes almost any meal, an easy to make, don't have to defrost overnight, or worry about the microwave scorching it meal.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My Panasonic Inverter microwave is the best of all I have ever bought & it will replace it when the time comes with a newer model of the same, Inverter cooking heats evenly, and is the best I use it for 98% of my cooking, I don't have ccx a working oven so my 1200 watt Panasonic Inverter microwave cooks the majority of my meals, heats faster, evenly cooks, reliable, easy to program, Heck, I am extremely happy with my purchase & I have had it nearly 3 years & it is still selling online & major brand stores.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I Love Panasonic, just keeps going and going, only one problem in the 10 years that I have it was a broken latch, fixed it myself and no problems since. At the time I broke the latch, my own fault, I bought another Panasonic as a backup just in case I couldn't repair the old unit, that was two and one-half years ago. I kept the new one I bought because it was on sale and noticed that it is selling for another $20.00 on retail price.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

We needed to replace a large noisy microwave oven with a medium-size unit that was quieter but still had the many features of our old expensive one. After researching the many brands, we picked a Panasonic model that matched the features we wanted. This model has proven easy to use and does every cook, defrost and reheating tasks we asked it to do!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

It opens and closes effortlessly, unlike many we have owned. The touch pad is very responsive and easy to engage. The only drawback is the TouchPad not back-lighted. It does not look large, but it does have a large capacity, and ample cooking options. It is every bit as good as the three hundred dollar unit it replaced. We paid $120 for it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I purchased a Panasonic NN-SN65KB Inverter technology microwave oven on September 6th, 2019 for $173.75 dollars delivered. On September 17th, 2021 the microwave stopped working, that’s exactly 2 years and eleven days. The Warranty is for one year on parts and labor and five (5) years on the Magnetron tube and one year labor. This means I’m stuck with a $75 dollar troubleshooting fee and even if it is as simple as a limit switch, that’s over $25 dollars installed. Now some of you may think that’s ok, I really liked it, it was fast, powerful, quiet and it had a temperature sensor, so the food always came out perfect, so I’ll just toss it and buy a new one. Just remember that the “average“ life span of a microwave is approximately ten years. Can you afford to have meals trashed for a week while you wait for your new microwave every two years. PS. My wife won’t even allow me to buy another Panasonic microwave, remember - happy wife, happy life...

Original review: April 6, 2021

When my 10 year old microwave broke down in the middle of the pandemic, I bought my first of 3 Panasonic microwaves. I picked a large model with over 1000 watts. The first microwave lasted less than a week. I heated up a microwaveable heating pad and read later that you couldn't do that. I assumed that I had broken it, so I went out to buy the same well-rated microwave a second time. It broke down 4 weeks later. It had been making a lot of noise and the turn table didn't always turn.

I assumed a defective product and took it back to the store and got a new one. This one appeared to work well for the first few weeks. The turntable worked, but made a lot of noise. Last Friday it stopped heating up food, although the timer worked. This was the third Panasonic microwave to break down in less than 6 months. We regularly use the microwave to heat up cooked meals or to defrost frozen meat, but we are a family of 3 and are not industrial users. Do not buy this microwave, it is not worth the money or the hassles. I will be buying a new microwave, but will never buy another Panasonic.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Excellent Microwave unit, as I expected from Panasonic. Looks great in my kitchens simple to operate after reading the enclosed instructions manual. Vendor packed the unit with care and sent the unit in a very timely fashion.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

After about 9 months of use our Panasonic Microwave Model NN-SN966S failed to remain on. About 2 seconds into the power on the display went dead and the unit would not power up or perform until the power plug was removed from the wall and then plugged in 30 seconds later. Then the same problem occurred after the start button was pressed. Well, I tried unsuccessfully to get Panasonic to repair or replace the unit still under the 1 year warranty to no avail. They kept giving me the runaround; first repair place (PE Americas) didn't work on microwaves; try panacare.us@panasonic.com they said. So, I got nowhere with them either. They sent me to a place 80 miles from here and they too don't repair Panasonic microwaves. I gave up. They don't stand behind their warranty and their product doesn't last long.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I've had the microwave for 30 years and it is STILL going strong. It has the old fashioned push button operation, no computer stuff, VERY easy to operate, and I can read the numbers easily. Enough said.

Panasonic author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Panasonic brand is perhaps most well-known for its cameras, but the company deals in other electronics and appliances as well.

• Cyclonic inverter: The heat is distributed in a 3D pattern versus a straight line for more even cooking.

• High wattage: The range of Panasonic microwaves culminates in the 1200-watt models.

• Grill heater: Heat and cook in a more natural way with the attached internal grill element.

• Convection: Enjoy dual-cooking when you switch from microwave heat to convection heating.

• Turbo defrost: Specialized defrosting process allows you to unfreeze food more quickly, without accidentally cooking it along the edges.

Panasonic Microwave Company Information