2.02/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

62 Lexmark Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2015

I originally bought my printer in March 2010. It came with a one year warranty but if you register online within 90 days, you would get a extra four years, making it a total of five years. I called just Saturday & asked the tech a few questions to see if I could get it to work. He tried to help me then told me it was the print head needing to be replaced. I knew about this warranty and thought it would be in their system being my computer crashed and lost everything. He said I needed to have the original email and told him that I didn't because of the computer but that the company should have a record there. But they didn't. So he tells me knowing I don't have the original copy, that there is nothing he can do because nothing there & says all he can do is give me 30% off of another printer. All I need is a $30 something print head, can't afford a new printer at the moment. But need one. Please help.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I purchased a Lexmark inkjet printer model pro 905 in 2012. I willingly paid more than typical because it came with "Priority Phone Support" and a 5 year warranty. I have been waiting since late October 2014 for mac Yosemite drivers in order to scan. I have called numerous times and have been told that there is no driver, or in other words tough luck. Unacceptable!!!!!!! At the time of this complaint Jan-20-15 there still is no available driver which will allow me to scan using Mac OS 10.10. Lexmark's attitude is that they are not obligated to honor the 5 year warranty on this matter. I think a class action suit should be filed in order to get their attention.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

Lexmark S305 printer/scanner/fax - I have had two of these. The first one last for YEARS before it finally started leaking ink. I purchased another one that stopped feeding paper but when I called Lexmark they replaced the printer at no cost to me at all. There have been several minor problems but every time I call Lexmark they are very friendly and helpful. They have replaced the print head at no cost to me. They have provided excellent service of their product.

The printer itself, I am satisfied with. It is a low cost printer that works well. There are a few things I do not like about it and that is, if there is a paper jam there isn't any way to clear it easily. Most printers have a small door on the back you can open and pull any paper out easily. This one doesn't have that. The energy saver is irritating because once the printer goes into energy saving mode it doesn't want to come out of it. Third, it is best for only 8 x 11 paper. I have tried printing on envelopes and 5.5 x 8 paper but they ALWAYS jam. So I have stopped using it for anything other than 8.5 x 11 paper which isn't as versatile as I need but for the price of the printer I suppose it does the job.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2014

I bought my original printer in 2011. It stopped feeding thru the top scanner. They replaced it after I owned it for about 2 years. The replacement is worse. Have uninstalled and reinstalled so many time I've lost count. Will not scan any way I try, does not print 90% of the time, and 80% of the time communication is unavailable. It does this to 3 different computers. It also is unable to communicate via USB to my main computer and I end up replacing the ink cartridges when maybe 10% is used due to empty not working.

I have contacted Lexmark and they insist every time that it is not their printer. It is software related and to get it fixed, I have to pay a fee for each computer experiencing the problems. 3 computers... extremely disappointed. I pay how much on ink due to a bad printer? Still under warranty for another 2 years (if they go by the original purchase) but obviously they do not plan on honoring that warranty.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2014

This review is for Lexmark Prospect Pro 209, an all-in-one printer sold to me because it can take 105XL black and 100XL colors so supposedly I will save money. This printer has brought me nothing but trouble. The initial installation took me between 2-3h and I'm pretty tech savvy. The first printhead disaster happened within less than a month. This happened when I was printing my online boarding pass! So I asked a friend to help me out with the printing because Lexmark is a letdown when you most need it. When I came back from my trip, I drove that gigantic printer beast to the repair center which was miles away from home. It's not a printer you can carry around.

The ink savings didn't turn out to be true as after a year of barely using it, I had to buy a new set of 4 cartridges. About a year and a half later, the scanner made a horrible squeaking noise and this time I paid for an engineer to come to my place and fix it. No way I'm driving and carrying that elephant back to the warehouse. I'm currently on my second year of use and it's time to change ink cartridges again and guess what, the prices have dramatically gone up. The cost of ink replacement is now half what I paid for this printer!

Thing is my tank of black ink is half full but the color inks are low. However the software will not let me print, asking me to refill the color cartridges. The printer itself won't make black-only photocopies or print black-n-white faxes. I am at a complete loss as one of my companies uses fax to contact me. This Lexmark printer has brought nothing but anger and frustration in my household. Since the inks now cost half the price of the printer, we've looking around for a new printer with lower running cost and one that doesn't lie on its build quality or ink-saving ability.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexmark?

Original review: July 1, 2014

My printer refused to print, it shows that it is printing but does not. If I shut laptop down and restart, it prints (waste of my time). I went to Lexmark help line. Followed their instructions nothing, tried my local Staples - nothing could not help. Then after reinstalling disc I got a message 2 exe files were being blocked, I went into IE options to firewall put both these exe files in separately in the allowed side, restarted the comp and now it prints all the time. The files are: Ixducoms.exe and Ixduwbgw.exe.

Original review: May 1, 2014

I purchased this printer from HSN in 2009 and was promised because I shopped via HSN, I would have a PRIORITY customer service number because they "valued their customers so much" for 5 years. This printer was supposed to be professional quality. I purchased the Prevail Pro 705. It is horrible trying to get a person to the phone. I literally spent hours just waiting for someone to pick up the phone. I held on patiently only to have the phone disconnect twice. The next thing I did was try emailing customer service, but that was no good either. The thing I did to try TV and contact them was through their "so-called" online live chat. Well that also was somehow disconnected.

I was supposed to receive free ink by signing up for their "recycling program". If I get free ink for my recycling efforts please show me where in the world it's at. The Priority Customer service number was US-based. Please don't believe that lie. I've tried calling them on several occasions and no matter what they give you the run-a-round. I've recorded on numerous occasions ID numbers that would be "helpful" in case you get disconnected. You can count on being disconnected and the next person to help you can't find your ID in the "records". I will never purchase anything else that has the name Lexmark stamped on it and HSN please stop peddling junk. Both companies should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for doing this to their customers. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING FROM HSN AND LEXMARK, DON'T, I REPEAT, DON'T DO IT!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2014

Worst printer I ever owned - no wonder they got out of the printer business. It worked well for a few months and it was nothing but trouble ever since, after numerous cleanings, troubleshooting, cartridge replacements, etc. I made my final call to Customer Service today with no satisfaction, once again, and I decided to junk it and buy a new printer. I will never buy another Lexmark product.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2014

I bought an All In One Printer at Fry's in Seattle WA. For the time since 2010 I have wasted so much time on hold for support that I felt as punishment for a crime. Pinnacle Pro 901 $299.00 + tax. What a ripoff. They had already gone out of the small printer market when I purchased it. Lo and behold by the time I started to become a slave to the ink market, it had been discontinued. What I would like to do is File a serious class action suit on the biggest case of fraud and false, absolutely up there with Ponzi schemes, and preying on the blind and elderly and and other unsuspecting fool out there. The pile of printers at Fry's was to the ceiling, bang up job if Ad and 200% profit for Fry's for selling refurbs and junk. They even had "corporate" Reps. working the floor pimping hard!

Clean, different from Fry's people, they wanted to be immediate friends! How so? $4.99 yup $4.99. Are you outta your mind? Cheapest ink per page in a printer??? I said " No **". Yup its true get her done before they all gone! 500-600 pages and super fast! Hell, drop another $50 and get addt'l. warranty! Whoa! That's great! That's a lie! Ink stops at half out on cartridge and then the fun begins! The error message comes on and on, then you call support, buy more ink, waste paper ink time! What's your time worth? I told Karen, rep today, hey refund my last 4 cartridges, 'm done with this piece of crap. She said "You out of luck chuck, no refunds after a month besides you returned two defective cartridges and you get nothing!"

I hope the company goes ** up and soon. I'm not angry with employees like Karen or tech support. But they should come to work with a bag over their head and tell people they work anywhere but Lexmark. I told her straight, "I'm not important, I'm just a customer, nobody special." A former customer at that and anyone and everyone I know will hear this sad state of affairs. I work at a stadium on Sundays, we get 68,000 people! How you like me now? Do not buy or touch a Lexmark product ever! You have been warned!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2013

I bought a Lexmark printer/fax/scanner for $200 or $300 and it's been nothing but trouble for the year plus that I've had it. Worst printer I've ever had. It often won't print; won't communicate with a USB cable; won't communicate wirelessly; the ink cartridges have to be changed constantly; and when you put in a new one, it tries to get you to print an unnecessary test page which will use up most of your color ink and force you to go out and buy more cartridges. Even if you click skip, the test page thing comes up constantly and sometimes you forget and print the stupid test page and waste ink. It got to the point where it would never print from either of my computers, so I called Lexmark for help.

They kept me on hold or talking to tech people for more than an hour before saying, "Okay, we can tell you how to fix it. Give us your credit card." Didn't say how much it would cost - just give us your credit card. When I asked how much, they said $120. I told them I wasn't going to pay that much to get a crappy printer fixed so it could work for a while longer before messing up again. Instead, I spent $89 on a simple Brother printer. Just set it up, loaded the printer drivers, plugged in the USB cord and hit print. And boom, it worked. I'm so glad to be away from Lexmark and its terrible products and terrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2012

Back in 10/2008, I purchased a Lexmark X6570 all-in-one ink jet printer (the third Lexmark printer I have owned). It worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 8, then it quit. Contact with Lexmark support produced conflicting responses from "We are currently developing a driver update" to abandoning support for these lower end models. Finally, I discovered they are not going to provide an update and then they had the audacity to try and sell me another model (when they have already announced they are discontinuing production of their all-in-one ink jet models)!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2012

I bought this Lexmark Pro205 Printer for the wireless capability; however, every time I need to print something, I get an error message that there is no communication between printer and computer. I tried everything - updating firmware, uninstall and reinstall printer software and driver - to no avail. As last-ditch effort, I reinstalled as a direct connect to my computer with USB and still have the same issue! I can't print when I need to and can't scan documents. I have tried Lexmark support and get the same runaround each time. They emailed me a support survey late last night, and when I clicked the link this morning, it said, "This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest." Now that is par for the course with my Lexmark experience. This printer does not work as promised and expected according to its features, and I should be refunded my money. I do not recommend Lexmark and will never buy Lexmark product again.

Original review: June 18, 2012

Lexmark Pro205 - They lost my warranty that I filed over the internet. And I brought an extra warranty from Office Depot Store, 5300 Sidney Simons Blvd., Columbus, GA. 31904 for an added year. And their reply was to trash it and buy another. The justice department should be called in to investigate the way they handle the warranties. They are criminals. I won’t ever buy any more of their products. Period.

Original review: March 24, 2012

I purchased the Genesis S815 printer on 4/26/11. This printer is junk. It always streaks and the ink cartridges are extremely expensive. I sent an email to their support team about the constant streaking as it ruined many envelopes for my wedding invites causing me to go purchase more. It can't handle anything small, it never prints straight, and always streaks ink. They gave me instructions to take out the printer head, update the firmware, replace printer head, deep clean print head, and test page. Now the printer won't print at all.

I called on 3/24/12 and had to talk to an Indian gentleman who could barely speak English and was reading from a script. After spending over an hour on the phone, my printer now just spills out ink in large amounts when trying to print. I get constant errors about the printer head and the new $60 ink trays I just purchased. They are sending me a new printer head but I don't even want this printer anymore. After reading complaints, this is a constant problem with this printer. They should remove it from the market period. I want to return my printer and purchase something new.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

Cartridges all have ink, pages come out blank. Done all maintenance, piece of junk! So disappointed, I would like to trade it in. Also it's a wireless and takes over a minute to actually print when it was working.

Original review: July 24, 2011

I purchased a Lexmark Pro705 with a 3 year warranty on 2/27/11 at Staples. I was looking for an all in one printer-scanner-photo printer & fax. for personnel use at home. I especially wanted it for the photo printing & fax. I was told by the salesman that this model uses special ink cartridges that are much cheaper than other machines cartridges but is designed to print more pages with fewer cartridges. Despite this special feature I have had to replace the black ink cartridge twice. Less than two months later on 4/5/11, I spoke with Lexmark Tech. Support (Jerry) regarding a message on the machine to clean Printer Head - he guided me through this process and determined that I needed a new Printer Head which I received by mail. Tech Support guided me on how to install the new one.

Now I am having problems with the fax and the photo printer. I can send a fax but am not able to receive a fax and I cannot print photos. I had no problem with the fax machine before. Now when someone attempts to send me a fax the machine says to press 9 to receive, if you press 9 it then tells you to enter the fax number, as if you were faxing. (Why should you have to stand in front of the fax machine to receive a fax) I have attempted to fax my home machine from my office fax machine which failed-but I was able to receive a fax from my home machine. The photo feature does not print the photo-the photo paper comes out blank.

On Wednesday 7/13/11, I called Nicole from Staples who documented all my complaints and gave me a reference # 2082-6053 & the phone number for Lexmark warranty. She told me to give them the reference number and they will see the documented complaints. I immediately called and spoke with Mona who told me she had no record of this complaint number, so I went through the whole story again. In an attempt to trouble shoot the problem I was asked to turn on the machine-press setup-scroll to align paper and press start. The machine started to print something. About a 1/4 of the page came out with some boxes on it and the paper kept re-feeding itself like it was printing more information. It re-feed itself about 5 times and came out blank except for the few boxes it printed on a 1/4 of the page. I reiterated all my complaints with this machine to her. She said she could send me a new one or an upgraded one in about 2-3 days, when I asked for a refund she said that would take about a month and a supervisor would be contacting me within 24-48 hours. I had to ask her for a reference number, so if someone didn't call and I had to call back they could refer to this #. The reference # that she gave me was 1-590-550-5174.

On Wednesday 7/20/11 I had to call Lexmark again since I did not receive any call. I spoke with Joanne who told me the reference # was not in the system and there was no complaint information when she searched the system by my phone number. Needless to say I was infuriated and once again had to repeat the story all over again. She too offered to send me a new machine or an upgrade, I told her I wanted a refund. She too told me that a supervisor would contact me. She gave me reference # 1-595-640-9671 and as requested by her I also faxed her a copy of my sales receipt. She called me to confirm she had received it. I asked her to have her supervisor contact me on my cell phone not my home phone.

Later that day I received a call from Liza from Lexmark, who was not a supervisor, but wanted to go over my complaints again, and again offer me a new machine or upgrade. When I told her I requested a refund, again I was told a supervisor would be contacting me within 24-48 hours. Later that same day I received a call from Nerissa who said she was a supervisor who again offered me a new machine or upgrade but when I told her I wanted a refund she told me that my request for a refund was denied. When I asked why she told me that the Resolutions Department had made that decision. I requested the name of the person from that department that made this decision. After being placed on hold for awhile she told me his name was Dan. I asked for the phone number for the Resolutions Dept. which she could not provide me - I asked for an e-mail address to contact Dan or the Resolution Dept. myself, I was told the e-mail address is an "Inter-Office e-mail only".

I then requested that she "Inter Office E-Mail" him (Dan) and CC me on the e-mail sent (which Lexmark has my e-mail address on file) requesting he (Dan) contact me!! She said that she would do that but would not guarantee someone would call me, but I emphasized that I wanted to be CC'ed on the e-mail she was going to send him. Well needless to say it is 7/24/11 and I have not seen any e-mail nor has anyone from Lexmark contacted me further. The sad part is I even recommended this machine to a friend, who is experiencing the same issues. When she contacted Lexmark they told her they were sorry there was nothing they could do for her since she didn't purchase a warranty and she only purchased the machine 3 months ago.This is not the first Lexmark product I've owned but rest assured it will be my last.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2011

I contacted Lexmark when I started having a problem with my printer. I explained to them from the beginning that I couldn't deal with things in a timely manner because I have a heart failure and have been in the hospital for about seven months. I understand that the printer has only a 1-year warranty, but when it hasn't been in use for a complete year, I feel that an exception should be made, especially since this is the third defective printer I have had from Lexmark. The first two were defective from the factory. I did get a limited use from this one, but not even a year's worth of use.

When I contacted them the first time, the tech support said that I needed to buy two new Lexmark ink cartridges. They said that if the ink is not used on a regular basis, it dries up in the cartridge. So, even though the cartridges in my printer were not empty, I bought two more. After trying those and going through all the instruction of tech support, the printer still does not print. They determined that it "had become defective." So now, I have more ink I didn't need, and wasted more money on a printer that didn't work.

I then requested that they replace the printer with one of equal value and style and replace the ink for the type needed by the new printer. They refused, after several contacts made to them. I spoke to tech support, their supervisors, and was sent finally over to pre-sales, where I was offered a discount on another printer. I feel that one would not want to buy yet another printer, when the three previous printers have been defective already. I tried to be fair to all concerned, and they refused to correct this issue. After hours on the tech chat, I have not received any satisfaction on this issue.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2011

I purchased Lexmark S605 printer from Staples in March 2010. After going thru unnecessarily long installation it would not function at all. Returned to store and exchanged for same model which did work partially. It apparently has a problem with Windows 7 because of bad drivers, requiring constant re-starts of system to allow communication between computer and printer. It also would not print color without streaks. Three attempts with tech support (with unknown hours of wasted time) did nothing to solve problem. Lexmark has refused further communication and will not replace printer as I requested. Tech support (in the Philippines, naturally) was very polite but totally incompetent and there seems to be no way to reach customer service, if any, in this country.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2010

This is about Lexmark printer 3550 (TONER). It is my contention the black toner cartridges for this company's line of printers are intentionally not filled to capacity. I do not have the tools to measure or even benchmark to back this up, but if I spend $23.00 for every 50 pages printed, someone can benchmark this for me. I have used HP printers and Brother printers, etc. and have found their toner to last significantly longer. I hope this complaint is echoed by others, because I would like nothing more than to have my suspicion confirmed, and recoup the hundreds of dollars I have sunk into this printer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2010

The Lexmark printers are set up to disallow any cartridges other than their own. I recently bought new ink cartridges for color and hand refilled the black. My computer will not let me print. I hear that there is a chip that won't recognize non-Lexmark refills and also disallows manual refills. Now the two color cartridges that I bought are useless. For days, I kept reinstalling the black (I had done it several times before with no trouble) and each time a page full of color would print out as a realignment. This is environmentally unsustainable, and it is despicable.

Original review: March 22, 2010

I have a Lexmark C782n color laser printer. I was using it to only print my name in blue signature line on marketing letters when about a year ago the color cartridges needed replacing after about a year’s worth of use (not sure how many pages used by then). I was shocked to find they cost $350 to $450 each! I called the company who had me download some update that had to be installed to the printer and was told this would fix the problem but be sure to turn black only mode 2 places on the printer and on the software, which I did and had not used color since. I replaced them and went to black only mode. Last week, error messages pop up low on cyan and magenta ink, now it crawls to print out a letter or envelope.

I called the company. I can't find my prior complaint, go figure. 1st tech says pull the color cartridges and it will work in black only, it doesn't. 2nd Tech gets on the line says, "It’s a color printer and will use color when the machine calibrates, even if it’s on black only (but where did the ink go? evaporate - when it calibrates no paper is printed on!). Machine will run slow when color low. Only way to fix is to replace cartridge. Pull cartridges? That only will work on the low end models!"

Of course, there's no documentation in their literature saying this or on the website. I ask for B & W replacement. I get customer service that left message will not replace the machine but offers me 3 new color cartridges. This won’t fix the problem and will continue to cost me $700 to $1k per 10 to 15,000 letters generated. Now I'm going to send out that much per month making it cost prohibitive to use this printer! I'm thinking of class action and they are no strangers to ink class suits per my Google search. Ok I’ve never done a class action vs. a huge corp. but my feathers are ruffled enough now. What do you think?

Original review: March 5, 2009

I sent them a letter stating the ink that I had purchased was malfunctioned.I put it in my printer but it did not work. I got a letter stating to mail the black ink cartridge back to them, I had to pay for shipping charges. I sent it to them, but I have yet to hear from them. I sent them another letter and still I have not been contacted. I want to get reimbursed for the ink cartridge that did not work.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2007

After changing the ink cartridge on my Lexmark X3470 it stopped working (less than a year after purchase and within the warranty period). I chatted online with a Lexmark rep. The diagnosis showed a defective printer and he apparently began the process of sending a new replacement. Since then, and after several conversations (see below) with various Lexmark employees, I still have no working scanner/printer and am quite frankly amazed that a company like Lexmark could allow these oversights to continue.

Since the original chat, I have only received from Lexmark a printer cartridge - which was the wrong cartridge. I sent it back and called and spoke with a rep who attempted to make corrections and assured me the scanner would be sent out and I would receive it by Tuesday (Oct 2nd).

David? from Lexmark called on or about Wed (Oct 3rd) asking how our new printer was. We had not received it and my wife explained this to him. David then gave her a new ref number and after apologizing, upgraded the scanner/printer to a model above our current broken one, and of course assured her it would be here by the following Monday (8 Oct).

On Friday (Oct 12th), my wife called and spoke with Tom? who again apologized and couldnt give a reason for the oversight but assured her that it would arrive by the next Friday (Oct 19th).

Oct 19th I called and spoke with Jack? and His supervisor John? who acknowledged the printer/scanner had STILL not been sent out. John assured me he would look into it and promised to call me back in less than 2 hours with an answer - he never called back.

On Oct 19th after not hearing back from John? I called directly to Lexmark International Inc. and spoke with Bill? who took my information. An hour later, Mark McGowan called me back and told me he was sending an upgraded printer/scanner that day with 2 extra cartridges and that it would arrive on Saturday (Oct 20th). It did not arrive on the 20th.

After not receiving the printer as promised on the 20th I called Mark McGowan on Oct 22nd via his direct line to find out if in fact he had supervised the sending of the printer as he vehemently had told me he would. Apparently no action had been taken and he asked to call me back later. I questioned whether he would actually call me explaining that he had not kept his word to this point and he rudely hung up on me.

To date, I have not received anything from Lexmark and wrote and fax'd the above information to the CEO of Lexmark as well as filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2007

I own a lexmark x5470 all in one printer. lexmark, along with most other top of the line printer production companies, inserted what they call a smart chip into the printers that tells you when the ink level is low. the problem with this smart chip is that you can only replace the cartridge with that companies cartridges. the cartrides can no longer be refilled or replaced with knock offs, and the best thing is that

the smart chip tells you that the ink level is low when there is a significant

amount of ink left in it.(we opened the cartride and checked). please help there has to be something we can do so these companies can not rip the consumers off.

Original review: March 13, 2007

I purchased a Lexmark printer and mailed in for a 70 dollar rebate- I completed all forms properly (UPC label, etc) and submitted everything on time for the rebate. I contacted the rebate center at least twice- both times i was assured that there was no reason for the delay and i would be getting my rebate. I finally contacted the main headquarters (my email bounced back from them no less than 20 times before being accepted). Debra Gabard again assured me there was no reason for such a delay and she would make sure my rebate was processed. I spoke with her over 3 weeks ago, no rebate, and i have not heard back from her.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2007

The Color ink cartridges never last as long as I think they should. I had asked the salesperson if they had expiration dates and they "thought they did." We looked thoroughly, but found no date, either manufactured or expiration. The last color cartridge was purchased in September and replaced in January. It had not printed for several months before that. Today I read your article about the dated cartridges, so am inclined to believe that we are victims of this plan (scam.)

I appreciate that you have included this warning in your publication. I will know when I need a new printer that I won't want to purchase a Lexmark or HP model. The ink cartridges are too expensive to replace them every couple of months, never having used them.

Original review: May 18, 2006

I purchased a Lexmark 3 in 1 Scanner, Printer, and FAX machine at Wal-Mart in October 2004. I registered it the same month I got it. I did not get use of the FAX machine part right away because where I originally purchased it in Ashland, WI, we were part of the telephone cooperative there and I was told by the Lexmark corporation that it was my telephone connection that caused my problem with the FAX part of my machine.

I didn't worry much about it as I really had not needed to use the FAX at that time since I had been working rather steady. Due to unusual circumstances, I subsequently moved last year to Denver and thought as soon as I could, I would try here to set up my 3 in 1 to allow me to FAX from home in order to do job searches which I was finally able to do a couple of months ago. I know I am now sort of foolish for not pursuing the lack of being able to receive FAXes on my machine because for the last couple of months I have been going back and forth between my Qwest phone company and Lexmark along with trips to Wal-Mart locally to get technical assistance to try to get the FAX part of my Lexmark 3 in 1 to work only to find out today that I had not been informed by Lexmark after my purchase that I may have a defective product.

On speaking with their representative on my prepaid cell phone for 30 minutes, he finally asked me for the serial number of the machine and then finally admitted they had trouble with the FAX part of the machine and that it had been defunct all this time. Why hadn't I received a communication either by Email or other means that their could be a problem with this particular brand of machine long before today?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2006

It is not what happened, it is why doesn't Lexmark do something about this.

You go and want to copy something off the internet, well you have to copy everything til you get to what you want.

Can't Lexmark do something about just being able to copy what you want and not a novel. Sometimes there is just
one paragraph I want to copy but I have
to copy the whole page. In this day and
age you would think that you would click
where you wanted to copy only. Get someone to work on this. You do this

and I will buy it.

Don't call me if you have to until after

the 8th of Jan, ran out of minutes.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2005

Happy Holidays. On 12/19/05, I went to Target retail store on Broad Street in the Willow Lawn area. I purchased a Lexmark printer, as well as a pack of typing paper. This item was a gift from my dad. On the 28th of December, I went to install my printer. I opened the box and found that there was no USB cable to attach to my computer so I called the Lexmark customer service to ask them where the chord was and I was advised by customer service that they did not include the USB chord because they were trying to keep it Cost-effective. Had I known this information in advance, I would have never purchased this Lexmark printer.

I really do feel like they wasted my valuable time and priceless gas. I had to drive 60 miles total = 30 going to the store + 30 coming back home. I did this twice in buying and returning this product and I feel like they baited me in buying this item for the price, and the price was not the problem. It was the packaging of the product. Example: Do you buy a car with no wheels for it to be cost-effective? Example 2: Do you buy a house without windows and doors for the cost-effectiveness? The point of the matter is...it's not a cost-effective way of doing business when people work hard for their money they expect to get ALL the attachments when they purchase something. Something should be done about this.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2004

on march 30, 2002 i ordered a lexmark all in one printer, scanner, copier, fax machine. however, at the time of this purchase it was not indicated anywhere that was visible on the pop-up that this product could not be used with os windows 95. okay. well i contacted the aol shop direct customer service,via the internet, there was not a telephone number to contact anyone in person. they sent me an e-mail stating that this was indicated on the purchasing screen. i did not see that information anywhere.

well, i thought that since i was in the market to purchase a new system, i will not make a big fuss over this problem i just wait until i get a new computer to use this product. now that i have purchased (on august 1, 2004) a gateway m520 notebook with windows xp home edition, which is considered to be a desktop replacement notebook. i figured their should not be a problem with this lexmark. wrong! brand new, its been out of the box two weeks, i have not been able to fax or scan a document as of yet. it prints and copy when it wants to. after contacting lexmark support several times and walking through ever fix-it solution that they had to offer, nothing worked. finally, they told me that it was a problem with my computer. i have not had any problems with this computer at all. in fact, i borrowed my 16 year old daughter hp printer to check and it worked fine. not a problem.

representatives of the microsoft corp. suggest that i download a free service pack to protect my computer. and gateway computers rep explained that there is a problem with lexmark drivers for the product. lexmark is not owning up to this problem, meanwhile, this purchase is practically worthless to me. i contacted aol support/cutomer service online and was told to go to keyword: shop chat. this only put me on a search screen of results that had nothing to do with what i was looking for. i feel that everyone is passing the buck, and i am resolving this issue.

thank you for your time.
sincerely,