1.98/5

64 Lexmark Printers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Lexmark only works as a printer for printing personal copies. The ink cartridges run out quickly and the color is not right, even if you change to a new cartridge. Printer cartridges are very expensive to not work properly. I only use it to print personal copies, if I were to make copies for my group I usually go to a printing shop. The paper jams a lot if you put more than 6 copies in the feeding tray. It also won't connect wireless, have tried to do that for the past 3 years. It also is sketchy about two-sided copying, sometimes it does it, and sometimes it doesn't.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The colored ink is too expensive and runs out a lot. Other than that a little slow but the colors are brilliant and detailed. Furthermore the price is exceptional and very easy to find at local stores.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Very good product. It lasted years in my home. It's my second one, and it's very reliable. Tough. Lexmark is well made. I would recommend this printer to everyone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Lexmark series laser printers are excellent especially for high volume print jobs. They're fast and accurate. I've worked on them for years and many companies and businesses rely on their speed and quality.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Have an old Lexmark printer. Only prints in black and white. Needs old Windows drivers. Stick with any of the newest printers on the market. They are all cheaper now and have many functions that come standard in the printer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexmark?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Never had any problem with the printer. Is easy to use. Even changing the ink in it is easy too. Very satisfied with what I have. Would not get any other one.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have been put on hold more than three times during my 35 minute phone call. The first woman I spoke to took 20 minutes to ask for my information (email, name, phone number, serial number of printer, model number of printer, when I bought it etc) and continually repeated back to me in question form what it was that I was calling about. It was incredibly aggravating not being able to speak with someone who can communicate in English proficiently. I asked to speak to someone who could help me instead of repeat my problem back to me over and over again. She said she would transfer me to technical support after a 5 minute hold during which she had to record all of the information she just had gathered from me.

I said, "No, transfer me now please and record the information after you transfer me so that I don't need to sit on hold any longer." I just want to find a solution to this problem without wasting more precious minutes of the day. She said she will transfer me after a 5 minute hold. After my asking to be transferred instead of going on hold for the third time, I finally gave up and just said "ok". I just wish we could speak to people who can communicate in this language and not read from a script like a robot without any understanding of my responses. Finally I got to technical support, at which time the man asked me all the same questions that the lady had asked already. I wanted to scream. He was much faster though, thankfully, and within 5 minutes he told me they have the proper software available for me to run my computer with my MacBook.

He said he needs to remotely access it, though. I had no problem with that. Then he told me they have to charge me in order to help me. CHARGE me for help. I had been on the phone for 30 minutes now. I asked to speak to his manager because I'm tired of wasting time and not fixing the issue. The manager came on and told me that all companies are charging for help these days. I literally had him arguing with me telling me that I should know they charge for support because they've been doing it since 2013. Frankly, I don't care if they've been charging to help their customers since 2013. It is a terrible business structure to charge for customer support.

This is the worst experience I've ever had in trying to resolve an issue with an electronic item. I will never again buy Lexmark simply because they withhold updated software from their customers only to charge them when they stop functioning properly. I wasted precious time of my day, elevated my blood pressure, and caused myself unnecessary added stress when I should've been walking across the street to buy a Canon Printer from Staples. Do not waste your money on Lexmark products. There will inevitably come a time that you need their help, and they will be waiting anxiously to take your card number.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We bought a brand new Lexmark printer OfficeEdge Pro5500. It worked perfectly fine in the first year. It can scan, copy, print and can pick up a really good signal printing from the top floor around the house and unto the living room area where the printer is located. Then as we continue purchasing new ink cartridges (which is ridiculously high priced cartridges), it started to show some issues.

It wont print the whole page properly. It had some blank areas on the page where pictures and paragraphs were left off not printed. We tried to put another brand new ink cartridge hoping it was just the ink cartridge that was defective. But still the problem persists. Well, I called and spoke to a Lexmark tech support over the phone and the tech person said that since there were already two brand new ink cartridges being replaced and tested to print but the problem still persists. Lexmark concluded that the printer head is the one defective.

Having said that, since the printer head was designed built in into the product, the whole printer is no longer usable. DOUBLE BUMMER! Then, they tried to connect me to their sales department and offer a 30% discount to purchase a brand new printer which you can only use the discount over the phone and only if directly purchased from Lexmark and nowhere else. That is a TRIPLE BUMMER! It sucks so bad and such an awful salesmanship and bad product... Bad business practice. Please do not buy Lexmark brand. You can only enjoy the printer in one year and once the warranty have passed you will be stuck with your problem. Their ink cartridges were highly priced whether it's a refill cartridge or a brand new. And Lexmark has no service center to bring your printer to. So you end up no option but to buy another brand new printer. TOTALLY NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Just needed to connect my damn printer to my computer and they wanted to charge $120! What a racket. Worst company ever. I hope no one has to buy a printer from these asshats ever again! They also do the ink scam... where if you only print black all the colors are used and FAST.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I purchased a Lexmark on recommendation from my computer guru friend. Not only did I have to pay someone to have it installed, as it is not user-friendly to network - but one year and one month into ownership, the hinge on the scanner breaks. Having to frequently clean the machine & scanner (more than I have ever had to with any other scanner) shows that this machine has just enough longevity to get it past the warranty. The only helpful answer Lexmark has provided is that an extended warranty was available.

Lexmark Printers Company Information