Lexmark Printers

Compare Printers

Research top Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had issue with my three in one (scanner, copy, fax). I contacted customer service, it's transferred to Philippines. After two hrs of telephonic technical support they asked me to pay or the tech. support; put me on hold, transferred to many ext., spend more than two hrs, unable fix the problem!!! Even I spoke with the supervisor I got the same answer.

Printer wont work with Windows 10. No support, no updated drivers. Called Lexmark support. They will not support discontinued printer x8350. Was told to call 800-539-6275 to see about a trade in upgrade credit. They will not give any credit or consideration. What they suggest to do is to go back to Windows 7. Imagine that. I will never buy a Lexmark product again.

Today, I feel upset because the technician told me I have to pay for him to troubleshoot my printer as to why it's not scanning. I told him that I don't have any hardware issues which I'm willing to pay for that but an issue like this should be done for free. I received a replacement printer (the last one couldn't function) on 8/18/2015 (less than a year) and the ink flows like water on it. I feel it is best to buy an All in one at any store for under $100. This is way better than Lexmark Printers.

When my Pro705 had a problem they replaced it with a Pro910 printer. The 910 has a touch screen that is terrible. When you think you're hitting a particular number, another number shows up. When you load paper it always asks if you loaded paper. When your ink runs low, it won't print until you change the cartridge even though you might be able to get more pages printed before it's actually empty. The 705 was easy to change from single to duplex. Just push a button on the panel. On the 910, you have to go deep into menus to make the change. I am not a happy camper!

When I purchased new Color and B&W cartridges for my Lexmark 4200 it appears Lexmark has encoded a signal on the cartridges that will allow only better and best print. When I try to print quick or normal the power shuts off. Apparently they have done this so consumers use more ink and have to replace the cartridges more often. Really upsetting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexmark?

After being on the phone for over an hour and half I got zero support from these people who simply could not speak English. All they wanted to do is charge me $50 to look into my problem. However, I doubt if they could even do that if I paid them. They were simply idiots trained to get $50 from unsuspecting customers with minor problems. All along I suspected that by re-installing my software the problem would be resolved. After insisting for nearly a half hour to speak with a supervisor one finally came on and basically agree with me that that might be the best and most reasonable solution. I simply asked him why I could not get that response from the first two techs and he kind of admitted they were only trained to ask for the $50 support fee. Never ever buy a product from this company. Their support is the worst I have encountered ever.

This printer, the Lexmark Pro715, has always been a problem: scan failure, print failure, paper jams. It's not user friendly, and constantly has to be shut down and rebooted. But the work thing about this terrible printer is the even worse customer support: hours on the phone (seriously), rude representatives who barely speak English, and ask for payment to help resolve a problem. They want $49 -- PER SESSION, according to Justin ID# **. Here are the problems I encountered when I called the customer support line on the morning of November 14, 2015:

1.) No representatives whose native language was English.

2.) After taking me through a basic attempt at fixing the problem by having me unplugging the USB and power cord, which didn't work, they wanted to charge me for what they called "premium support", because having had the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the error message "failure to scan" two months back on September 22, 2015, I had spoken with, Jessica, who had helped me resolve the issue, but that call apparently used up my ONE free session of what they were referring to as premium support. By the way, nowhere in the Statement of Limited Warranty does it state that phone support will come at a cost after one session. So, I refused what they referred to as "premium support" because I felt uncomfortable giving my credit card number to a person whom I could barely understand, nor could tell me how much fixing my problem would cost. I asked how much it would be, and didn't get a straight answer.

Then, I asked them to take me through the initial procedure again for resolving scanner issues, because the first time the representative had taken me through it he had asked me to shut down computer, which I couldn't do at the time because I was filling out a claim on another website, which I need the scanner for, and had I shut down the computer at that time, I would have lost all my information. So after I closed out the claim, I asked the representative to take me through the initial procedure again. He said he couldn't and that it would now be considered premium support.

3.) Rudeness and indifference. They didn't care about my problem and they didn't care about helping me. This all took place during 2-3 different phone calls, by the end of which I was very frustrated and the representative was downright rude and disrespectful. He was almost laughing at one point because he was so sick of talking to me. This all could have been resolved more easily if the language barrier wasn't so drastic. I could barely understand half of what I was told, and they had a hard time understanding me. I have had this printer for only two years, and it was the worst investment I have ever made. Your customer support is SO BAD that when I shop for a new printer, which of course won't be a Lexmark, I am resolved to look for a company with excellent customer service. I actively tell people my experience now so that they don't buy a Lexmark.

In fact, back in April 2015, I wrote to your corporate headquarters in Lexington, KY, USA, because after having an issue with the magenta cartridge, and talking to the customer service line, I was told that I'd need a new printer head, and it was going to be costly. The printer was only 1.5 years old at that time, and was only warrantied for 1 year. I felt this was planned obsolescence, and wrote to the president of the company, laying out how disgusted I was over what I felt was, at its essence, dishonesty and poor, poor customer service. I never heard a word back from him.

After all this, what would I like? An apology, but also I want is the number of a Lexmark customer support line that staffs NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS ONLY, so that I can understand them. Communication -- so basic, yet so crucial. I don't mind paying for support, but I want to know how much it costs, what it includes, and I want to trust the person to whom I am giving my personal information.

I purchase a lexmark prospect pro205. The printer worked very good for over a year until the printer head start to fail. One of the two most important decision points were the cartridge costs. Surprisingly the cartridge costs increased by more than double in less than a year. To get information about service and printer head replacement in Mexico has being impossible neither by email and phone. The lexmark people that attends the customer service lines does not have any idea about service and spare parts, neither their distributors. Try to contact somebody in USA, impossible. For selling they are available but not for service. I will never purchase again a lexmark product or service because of this.

After getting disconnected 3 times today with tech support I finally got to a tech person in Manila who, after hearing of my issue (for the 3rd time), gave me a reference and transferred me to software support. This tech person went thru all the same questions and, after reading back to me the entire issue, told me I have a "security" issue and that, FOR A FEE, they can fix it. I was told my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1721, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core TK-55 1.8 GHz 64-bit OS) has a "SECURITY" issue that is causing print jobs to hang up in THEIR print queue even after the docs have printed. At that point I simply disconnected rather than go off on the poor fellow.

Lexmark has had to replaced my printer once. I've had never ending software issues with it, wasted many, many pages of pages of paper and untold "bottles" of ink and now, before I shut down my laptop or reboot, I have to remember to go into the print queue, do a "PRINTER" - "CANCEL ALL" or I'll continue to get a duplicate set of docs printed from my latest "session". These people never cease to amaze me. The product they've put on the market is horrible. They have software issues and I'm supposed to pay have them corrected on my computer??? I don't think so. Never will I buy a Lexmark product again.

Today I called Lexmark technical support for assistance with my printer which had not worked either wirelessly or with a USB connection for some time. This was my second attempt. The first time I was disconnected and no one returned my call. I spoke to two techs. The first tech took me through a series of tests on the printer and concluded that since one of my ink cartridge levels was low, the printer would not work with my MAC. When I explained that I had previously used the printer with my MAC, even with a low ink level, he explained to me, very patiently, that my printer would not work with my MAC when even one ink cartridge was low. I knew this wasn't my experience, and I explained that to him. I was then transferred to a software technical support representative.

I should state that I have changed wireless routers during the period that this printer was down. The printer did not go down after the router switch, it did not work either wirelessly or with a USB connection. I explained this several times to the second tech who was totally non-responsive. The software tech told me that I needed to pay for a premium service so that he could remotely configure my computer and printer to make them operate wirelessly. When I disagreed, stating (again) that my printer had not worked before I installed the new router and did not work even when connected by USB, he maintained that the only way he could get my printer to work was if I purchased the premium service and that the printer would not work via USB if it was set up for a wireless connect.

I told the tech that there should be no fee because, even though the printer would make copies, it would not do anything else. He maintained that I needed to pay. I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere and buy a new printer that was not a Lexmark and he told me to go ahead. That's the last thing I heard before I hung up. I attempted to call Lexmark corporate for a remedy and found that there is no customer complaint process, at least not one I could find.

First, Lexmark Legal Dept was very responsive and called me this AM after I left an important contact msg with a very polite and consecurity gentleman (off hours) late the night before legal responded to that young man's diligent hand delivery to legal dept. The issue is as follows is to the point with many important details reserved for comment subject to a fair disposition. The matter, in legal terms is PRODUCT LIABILITY whereby my approx 1 1.2 yr 715 exploded into devastating flames and creating toxic black smoke that destroyed virtually 100% of my valued personal possessions. The Watauga County Fire Marshal from Boon, NC quickly located the cause of combustion which, in fact, was my now "former" 715 a smoldering mass of toxic plastic and chemical toxic printer ink all over my entire mobile home so when I say everything lost I estimate at least $50k of irreplaceable unsalvageable property.

My dear sweet kitty cat, "Gracie" was rescued suffering deep smoke inhalation. Thank God she was resuscitated by EMT crew and went to Blue Ridge Vet clinic on HWY NC 105 in Foscoe, NC Life support and extreme care by a terrific lady vet saved her life after 3 days on life support. Cost, near $800. I have no desire at 76, USAD Vet disabled, living only on my SSA to find myself in a bitter product liability issue which no doubt would take longer than my life span left. Gracie used 8 of her lives but my Maker only gave me one. At this very early stage and judging, prematurely, I may have cause to believe that this will not protracted. First it may create a firestorm of publicity which does not excite me in my health situation. I make this early assessment with a distinct feeling Lexmark will act honorably and has done so far having immediately contacted The Travelers Ins Co, Lexmark's corporate insurer.

The same day only with the seeming compassionate Lexmark Attorney he contacted The Travelers product liability officer who spent an hour with me, not hedging or dodging anything with hopes of expedient resolution to the massive damage done to me by Travelers ins. I am quite familiar since I was a baby Travelers brat born just down the street from Travelers HO in Hartford, CT. My deceased father retired from 35+ yrs as an office mgr, my living older brother having been recruited direct from U of F (Gators). All of that means nothing really because the end of story a bit in the future.

As an aside, I know that I, and a gazillion inkjet printer owners do NOT unplug their all in one printers be they HP, Epson, Lexmark and others. I would bet dollar to donuts most all of us leave their printers ON and set on "STANDBY" at least that was my situation. I am not qualified to advise any who read this to keep theirs on "standby" when they go to work or whatever. Why, because that's one printer feature most everyone, worldwide actually use. Unplugging is the sure fire (no pun) way to prevent an electricity start fire from erupting in their home while away, maybe to return to a home of ashes (as did I).

It happened to me. I would be impress if one of those wanna gazillionaires invented a chemical mini extinguisher, build in to ignite under fire heat. Cut me in for a royalty if any reader does just that. Beyond that I wish everyone a safe, sane and home fire free holiday. I don't get to do that this year if I get BS'd by those who may only serve their own profit interests... Just sayin' that's all, just sayin. God Bless.

In 2012 I purchased a Pinnacle Pro 901 printer from Lexmark and after about 18 months it started giving problems. I called Lexmark Tech Support who took remote control of my computer to define the problem, and I was told Lexmark would replace my printer for free. Within a few days I received the new printer together with a paid return label for my old printer. Needless to say I was rather impressed with their after sales service. Recently the replaced printer also started giving problems and I decided that after four years of service I have finally reached the end of the line. I decided to call Lexmark anyway just to make sure it wasn’t something minor that could be fixed inexpensively.

Tech Support again took remote control of my computer and to my surprise AGAIN AGREED TO REPLACE THE PRINTER FOR FREE and as the printer was no longer on the market, they would send me the new upgraded model! This was on a Friday morning around 9:00am and around 5:00pm the next day UPS delivered the new printer to my front door! FIVE STARS TO LEXMARK!!! If this is not service I would very much like somebody to define the word "service" to me.

Great job Lexmark. I think that is what the slogan "putting your money where your mouth is" really means!

I originally bought my printer in March 2010. It came with a one year warranty but if you register online within 90 days, you would get a extra four years, making it a total of five years. I called just Saturday & asked the tech a few questions to see if I could get it to work. He tried to help me then told me it was the print head needing to be replaced. I knew about this warranty and thought it would be in their system being my computer crashed and lost everything. He said I needed to have the original email and told him that I didn't because of the computer but that the company should have a record there. But they didn't. So he tells me knowing I don't have the original copy, that there is nothing he can do because nothing there & says all he can do is give me 30% off of another printer. All I need is a $30 something print head, can't afford a new printer at the moment. But need one. Please help.

I purchased a Lexmark inkjet printer model pro 905 in 2012. I willingly paid more than typical because it came with "Priority Phone Support" and a 5 year warranty. I have been waiting since late October 2014 for mac Yosemite drivers in order to scan. I have called numerous times and have been told that there is no driver, or in other words tough luck. Unacceptable!!!!!!! At the time of this complaint Jan-20-15 there still is no available driver which will allow me to scan using Mac OS 10.10. Lexmark's attitude is that they are not obligated to honor the 5 year warranty on this matter. I think a class action suit should be filed in order to get their attention.

Lexmark S305 printer/scanner/fax - I have had two of these. The first one last for YEARS before it finally started leaking ink. I purchased another one that stopped feeding paper but when I called Lexmark they replaced the printer at no cost to me at all. There have been several minor problems but every time I call Lexmark they are very friendly and helpful. They have replaced the print head at no cost to me. They have provided excellent service of their product.

The printer itself, I am satisfied with. It is a low cost printer that works well. There are a few things I do not like about it and that is, if there is a paper jam there isn't any way to clear it easily. Most printers have a small door on the back you can open and pull any paper out easily. This one doesn't have that. The energy saver is irritating because once the printer goes into energy saving mode it doesn't want to come out of it. Third, it is best for only 8 x 11 paper. I have tried printing on envelopes and 5.5 x 8 paper but they ALWAYS jam. So I have stopped using it for anything other than 8.5 x 11 paper which isn't as versatile as I need but for the price of the printer I suppose it does the job.

I bought my original printer in 2011. It stopped feeding thru the top scanner. They replaced it after I owned it for about 2 years. The replacement is worse. Have uninstalled and reinstalled so many time I've lost count. Will not scan any way I try, does not print 90% of the time, and 80% of the time communication is unavailable. It does this to 3 different computers. It also is unable to communicate via USB to my main computer and I end up replacing the ink cartridges when maybe 10% is used due to empty not working.

I have contacted Lexmark and they insist every time that it is not their printer. It is software related and to get it fixed, I have to pay a fee for each computer experiencing the problems. 3 computers... extremely disappointed. I pay how much on ink due to a bad printer? Still under warranty for another 2 years (if they go by the original purchase) but obviously they do not plan on honoring that warranty.

This review is for Lexmark Prospect Pro 209, an all-in-one printer sold to me because it can take 105XL black and 100XL colors so supposedly I will save money. This printer has brought me nothing but trouble. The initial installation took me between 2-3h and I'm pretty tech savvy. The first printhead disaster happened within less than a month. This happened when I was printing my online boarding pass! So I asked a friend to help me out with the printing because Lexmark is a letdown when you most need it. When I came back from my trip, I drove that gigantic printer beast to the repair center which was miles away from home. It's not a printer you can carry around.

The ink savings didn't turn out to be true as after a year of barely using it, I had to buy a new set of 4 cartridges. About a year and a half later, the scanner made a horrible squeaking noise and this time I paid for an engineer to come to my place and fix it. No way I'm driving and carrying that elephant back to the warehouse. I'm currently on my second year of use and it's time to change ink cartridges again and guess what, the prices have dramatically gone up. The cost of ink replacement is now half what I paid for this printer!

Thing is my tank of black ink is half full but the color inks are low. However the software will not let me print, asking me to refill the color cartridges. The printer itself won't make black-only photocopies or print black-n-white faxes. I am at a complete loss as one of my companies uses fax to contact me. This Lexmark printer has brought nothing but anger and frustration in my household. Since the inks now cost half the price of the printer, we've looking around for a new printer with lower running cost and one that doesn't lie on its build quality or ink-saving ability.

My printer refused to print, it shows that it is printing but does not. If I shut laptop down and restart, it prints (waste of my time). I went to Lexmark help line. Followed their instructions nothing, tried my local Staples - nothing could not help. Then after reinstalling disc I got a message 2 exe files were being blocked, I went into IE options to firewall put both these exe files in separately in the allowed side, restarted the comp and now it prints all the time. The files are: Ixducoms.exe and Ixduwbgw.exe.

I purchased this printer from HSN in 2009 and was promised because I shopped via HSN, I would have a PRIORITY customer service number because they "valued their customers so much" for 5 years. This printer was supposed to be professional quality. I purchased the Prevail Pro 705. It is horrible trying to get a person to the phone. I literally spent hours just waiting for someone to pick up the phone. I held on patiently only to have the phone disconnect twice. The next thing I did was try emailing customer service, but that was no good either. The thing I did to try TV and contact them was through their "so-called" online live chat. Well that also was somehow disconnected.

I was supposed to receive free ink by signing up for their "recycling program". If I get free ink for my recycling efforts please show me where in the world it's at. The Priority Customer service number was US-based. Please don't believe that lie. I've tried calling them on several occasions and no matter what they give you the run-a-round. I've recorded on numerous occasions ID numbers that would be "helpful" in case you get disconnected. You can count on being disconnected and the next person to help you can't find your ID in the "records". I will never purchase anything else that has the name Lexmark stamped on it and HSN please stop peddling junk. Both companies should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for doing this to their customers. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING FROM HSN AND LEXMARK, DON'T, I REPEAT, DON'T DO IT!

Worst printer I ever owned - no wonder they got out of the printer business. It worked well for a few months and it was nothing but trouble ever since, after numerous cleanings, troubleshooting, cartridge replacements, etc. I made my final call to Customer Service today with no satisfaction, once again, and I decided to junk it and buy a new printer. I will never buy another Lexmark product.

I bought an All In One Printer at Fry's in Seattle WA. For the time since 2010 I have wasted so much time on hold for support that I felt as punishment for a crime. Pinnacle Pro 901 $299.00 + tax. What a ripoff. They had already gone out of the small printer market when I purchased it. Lo and behold by the time I started to become a slave to the ink market, it had been discontinued. What I would like to do is File a serious class action suit on the biggest case of fraud and false, absolutely up there with Ponzi schemes, and preying on the blind and elderly and and other unsuspecting fool out there. The pile of printers at Fry's was to the ceiling, bang up job if Ad and 200% profit for Fry's for selling refurbs and junk. They even had "corporate" Reps. working the floor pimping hard!

Clean, different from Fry's people, they wanted to be immediate friends! How so? $4.99 yup $4.99. Are you outta your mind? Cheapest ink per page in a printer??? I said " No **". Yup its true get her done before they all gone! 500-600 pages and super fast! Hell, drop another $50 and get addt'l. warranty! Whoa! That's great! That's a lie! Ink stops at half out on cartridge and then the fun begins! The error message comes on and on, then you call support, buy more ink, waste paper ink time! What's your time worth? I told Karen, rep today, hey refund my last 4 cartridges, 'm done with this piece of crap. She said "You out of luck chuck, no refunds after a month besides you returned two defective cartridges and you get nothing!"

I hope the company goes ** up and soon. I'm not angry with employees like Karen or tech support. But they should come to work with a bag over their head and tell people they work anywhere but Lexmark. I told her straight, "I'm not important, I'm just a customer, nobody special." A former customer at that and anyone and everyone I know will hear this sad state of affairs. I work at a stadium on Sundays, we get 68,000 people! How you like me now? Do not buy or touch a Lexmark product ever! You have been warned!!!

I bought a Lexmark printer/fax/scanner for $200 or $300 and it's been nothing but trouble for the year plus that I've had it. Worst printer I've ever had. It often won't print; won't communicate with a USB cable; won't communicate wirelessly; the ink cartridges have to be changed constantly; and when you put in a new one, it tries to get you to print an unnecessary test page which will use up most of your color ink and force you to go out and buy more cartridges. Even if you click skip, the test page thing comes up constantly and sometimes you forget and print the stupid test page and waste ink. It got to the point where it would never print from either of my computers, so I called Lexmark for help.

They kept me on hold or talking to tech people for more than an hour before saying, "Okay, we can tell you how to fix it. Give us your credit card." Didn't say how much it would cost - just give us your credit card. When I asked how much, they said $120. I told them I wasn't going to pay that much to get a crappy printer fixed so it could work for a while longer before messing up again. Instead, I spent $89 on a simple Brother printer. Just set it up, loaded the printer drivers, plugged in the USB cord and hit print. And boom, it worked. I'm so glad to be away from Lexmark and its terrible products and terrible customer service.

Back in 10/2008, I purchased a Lexmark X6570 all-in-one ink jet printer (the third Lexmark printer I have owned). It worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 8, then it quit. Contact with Lexmark support produced conflicting responses from "We are currently developing a driver update" to abandoning support for these lower end models. Finally, I discovered they are not going to provide an update and then they had the audacity to try and sell me another model (when they have already announced they are discontinuing production of their all-in-one ink jet models)!

I bought this Lexmark Pro205 Printer for the wireless capability; however, every time I need to print something, I get an error message that there is no communication between printer and computer. I tried everything - updating firmware, uninstall and reinstall printer software and driver - to no avail. As last-ditch effort, I reinstalled as a direct connect to my computer with USB and still have the same issue! I can't print when I need to and can't scan documents. I have tried Lexmark support and get the same runaround each time. They emailed me a support survey late last night, and when I clicked the link this morning, it said, "This survey is closed. Thank you for your interest." Now that is par for the course with my Lexmark experience. This printer does not work as promised and expected according to its features, and I should be refunded my money. I do not recommend Lexmark and will never buy Lexmark product again.

Lexmark Pro205 - They lost my warranty that I filed over the internet. And I brought an extra warranty from Office Depot Store, 5300 Sidney Simons Blvd., Columbus, GA. 31904 for an added year. And their reply was to trash it and buy another. The justice department should be called in to investigate the way they handle the warranties. They are criminals. I won’t ever buy any more of their products. Period.

I purchased the Genesis S815 printer on 4/26/11. This printer is junk. It always streaks and the ink cartridges are extremely expensive. I sent an email to their support team about the constant streaking as it ruined many envelopes for my wedding invites causing me to go purchase more. It can't handle anything small, it never prints straight, and always streaks ink. They gave me instructions to take out the printer head, update the firmware, replace printer head, deep clean print head, and test page. Now the printer won't print at all.

I called on 3/24/12 and had to talk to an Indian gentleman who could barely speak English and was reading from a script. After spending over an hour on the phone, my printer now just spills out ink in large amounts when trying to print. I get constant errors about the printer head and the new $60 ink trays I just purchased. They are sending me a new printer head but I don't even want this printer anymore. After reading complaints, this is a constant problem with this printer. They should remove it from the market period. I want to return my printer and purchase something new.

Cartridges all have ink, pages come out blank. Done all maintenance, piece of junk! So disappointed, I would like to trade it in. Also it's a wireless and takes over a minute to actually print when it was working.

I purchased a Lexmark Pro705 with a 3 year warranty on 2/27/11 at Staples. I was looking for an all in one printer-scanner-photo printer & fax. for personnel use at home. I especially wanted it for the photo printing & fax. I was told by the salesman that this model uses special ink cartridges that are much cheaper than other machines cartridges but is designed to print more pages with fewer cartridges. Despite this special feature I have had to replace the black ink cartridge twice. Less than two months later on 4/5/11, I spoke with Lexmark Tech. Support (Jerry) regarding a message on the machine to clean Printer Head - he guided me through this process and determined that I needed a new Printer Head which I received by mail. Tech Support guided me on how to install the new one.

Now I am having problems with the fax and the photo printer. I can send a fax but am not able to receive a fax and I cannot print photos. I had no problem with the fax machine before. Now when someone attempts to send me a fax the machine says to press 9 to receive, if you press 9 it then tells you to enter the fax number, as if you were faxing. (Why should you have to stand in front of the fax machine to receive a fax) I have attempted to fax my home machine from my office fax machine which failed-but I was able to receive a fax from my home machine. The photo feature does not print the photo-the photo paper comes out blank.

On Wednesday 7/13/11, I called Nicole from Staples who documented all my complaints and gave me a reference # 2082-6053 & the phone number for Lexmark warranty. She told me to give them the reference number and they will see the documented complaints. I immediately called and spoke with Mona who told me she had no record of this complaint number, so I went through the whole story again. In an attempt to trouble shoot the problem I was asked to turn on the machine-press setup-scroll to align paper and press start. The machine started to print something. About a 1/4 of the page came out with some boxes on it and the paper kept re-feeding itself like it was printing more information. It re-feed itself about 5 times and came out blank except for the few boxes it printed on a 1/4 of the page. I reiterated all my complaints with this machine to her. She said she could send me a new one or an upgraded one in about 2-3 days, when I asked for a refund she said that would take about a month and a supervisor would be contacting me within 24-48 hours. I had to ask her for a reference number, so if someone didn't call and I had to call back they could refer to this #. The reference # that she gave me was 1-590-550-5174.

On Wednesday 7/20/11 I had to call Lexmark again since I did not receive any call. I spoke with Joanne who told me the reference # was not in the system and there was no complaint information when she searched the system by my phone number. Needless to say I was infuriated and once again had to repeat the story all over again. She too offered to send me a new machine or an upgrade, I told her I wanted a refund. She too told me that a supervisor would contact me. She gave me reference # 1-595-640-9671 and as requested by her I also faxed her a copy of my sales receipt. She called me to confirm she had received it. I asked her to have her supervisor contact me on my cell phone not my home phone.

Later that day I received a call from Liza from Lexmark, who was not a supervisor, but wanted to go over my complaints again, and again offer me a new machine or upgrade. When I told her I requested a refund, again I was told a supervisor would be contacting me within 24-48 hours. Later that same day I received a call from Nerissa who said she was a supervisor who again offered me a new machine or upgrade but when I told her I wanted a refund she told me that my request for a refund was denied. When I asked why she told me that the Resolutions Department had made that decision. I requested the name of the person from that department that made this decision. After being placed on hold for awhile she told me his name was Dan. I asked for the phone number for the Resolutions Dept. which she could not provide me - I asked for an e-mail address to contact Dan or the Resolution Dept. myself, I was told the e-mail address is an "Inter-Office e-mail only".

I then requested that she "Inter Office E-Mail" him (Dan) and CC me on the e-mail sent (which Lexmark has my e-mail address on file) requesting he (Dan) contact me!! She said that she would do that but would not guarantee someone would call me, but I emphasized that I wanted to be CC'ed on the e-mail she was going to send him. Well needless to say it is 7/24/11 and I have not seen any e-mail nor has anyone from Lexmark contacted me further. The sad part is I even recommended this machine to a friend, who is experiencing the same issues. When she contacted Lexmark they told her they were sorry there was nothing they could do for her since she didn't purchase a warranty and she only purchased the machine 3 months ago.This is not the first Lexmark product I've owned but rest assured it will be my last.

I contacted Lexmark when I started having a problem with my printer. I explained to them from the beginning that I couldn't deal with things in a timely manner because I have a heart failure and have been in the hospital for about seven months. I understand that the printer has only a 1-year warranty, but when it hasn't been in use for a complete year, I feel that an exception should be made, especially since this is the third defective printer I have had from Lexmark. The first two were defective from the factory. I did get a limited use from this one, but not even a year's worth of use.

When I contacted them the first time, the tech support said that I needed to buy two new Lexmark ink cartridges. They said that if the ink is not used on a regular basis, it dries up in the cartridge. So, even though the cartridges in my printer were not empty, I bought two more. After trying those and going through all the instruction of tech support, the printer still does not print. They determined that it "had become defective." So now, I have more ink I didn't need, and wasted more money on a printer that didn't work.

I then requested that they replace the printer with one of equal value and style and replace the ink for the type needed by the new printer. They refused, after several contacts made to them. I spoke to tech support, their supervisors, and was sent finally over to pre-sales, where I was offered a discount on another printer. I feel that one would not want to buy yet another printer, when the three previous printers have been defective already. I tried to be fair to all concerned, and they refused to correct this issue. After hours on the tech chat, I have not received any satisfaction on this issue.

I purchased Lexmark S605 printer from Staples in March 2010. After going thru unnecessarily long installation it would not function at all. Returned to store and exchanged for same model which did work partially. It apparently has a problem with Windows 7 because of bad drivers, requiring constant re-starts of system to allow communication between computer and printer. It also would not print color without streaks. Three attempts with tech support (with unknown hours of wasted time) did nothing to solve problem. Lexmark has refused further communication and will not replace printer as I requested. Tech support (in the Philippines, naturally) was very polite but totally incompetent and there seems to be no way to reach customer service, if any, in this country.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lexmark is a technology company that makes a wide variety of products and devices, including printers. The company was founded in 1991, and it is currently headquartered in Lexington, KY.

• Variety: Lexmark Printers offers a variety of printers intended for small workgroups, medium workgroups, and large workgroups, so they are a good choice for any size of company or organization.
  • Multifunction option: Some Lexmark printers are multifunction devices, while others are strictly printers, which means that buyers looking for either type of device will be able to purchase it from this company.
  • Global: The company's printers are available in more than 170 countries, so they are a convenient choice no matter where a customer is located in the world. Guides to Lexmark printers come conveniently in the language of the country they are being sold in, making them easy to understand across the globe.
  • Social focus: Lexmark is committed to doing good for the world, and they are focused on creating sustainable technology and adopting eco-friendly practices. The company creates environmentally-friendly products and adopts initiatives like a recycling and reusable products program.
  • Innovation: Recognizing the shift towards doing things completely digitally, Lexmark is working to find a way to seamlessly integrate the print and digital worlds.
  • Best for Large offices and schools.

Compare Printers