2.04/5
Based on 45 reviews that contain star ratings

61 Lexmark Printers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2018

Lexmark Printers has great price, great value, but... you must go online for manual to learn how to set it up and operate the MX317 laser printer, two pages of pictures is all you get in the box! Mine was DOA out of the box, it had the wrong scanner put into it at the factory. A factory rep was sent out to repair my "NEW" printer and return the wrong scanner. All under warranty, cost me nothing but time, I'm retired anyway.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I never had a problem with my printer. Everything came out great. This would be my first choice when looking for a printer. Great printer.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It was a good reliable printer. It was taking more ink than I thought it should. My daughter thought also we should use a higher quality ink. I always used Lexmark ink. Overall I did print a lot of pictures. In comparison to other printers at the time I bought the Lexmark it was the better printer.

Original review: March 1, 2018

In the beginning it was printing fine. Then about 9 months later the printer started getting paper jams and making funny noises. Lasted a long time though. Blotchy printing on the ink as well.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Initial quality was good. Print quality on different papers was fair often blurred. Failed to connect wirelessly necessitating use of cable connection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexmark?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Early in my ownership, my Lexmark e260dn was fast, reliable and great print quality. Eventually I had numerous calls to tech support. False readings of low paper, jam ups and now can't locate printer on network. Tech support not been helpful. Laser printers are recommended over inkjets, cost of ink and quality are reasons. Can't recommend Lexmark at this time.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Love Lexmark Printers! That is the only brand we would want to buy. Second best if there was no Lexmark well I guess it would be an Epson. Always had great quality and ease of operation with our Lexmarks.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Lexmark only works as a printer for printing personal copies. The ink cartridges run out quickly and the color is not right, even if you change to a new cartridge. Printer cartridges are very expensive to not work properly. I only use it to print personal copies, if I were to make copies for my group I usually go to a printing shop. The paper jams a lot if you put more than 6 copies in the feeding tray. It also won't connect wireless, have tried to do that for the past 3 years. It also is sketchy about two-sided copying, sometimes it does it, and sometimes it doesn't.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The colored ink is too expensive and runs out a lot. Other than that a little slow but the colors are brilliant and detailed. Furthermore the price is exceptional and very easy to find at local stores.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Very good product. It lasted years in my home. It's my second one, and it's very reliable. Tough. Lexmark is well made. I would recommend this printer to everyone.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Lexmark series laser printers are excellent especially for high volume print jobs. They're fast and accurate. I've worked on them for years and many companies and businesses rely on their speed and quality.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Have an old Lexmark printer. Only prints in black and white. Needs old Windows drivers. Stick with any of the newest printers on the market. They are all cheaper now and have many functions that come standard in the printer.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Never had any problem with the printer. Is easy to use. Even changing the ink in it is easy too. Very satisfied with what I have. Would not get any other one.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have been put on hold more than three times during my 35 minute phone call. The first woman I spoke to took 20 minutes to ask for my information (email, name, phone number, serial number of printer, model number of printer, when I bought it etc) and continually repeated back to me in question form what it was that I was calling about. It was incredibly aggravating not being able to speak with someone who can communicate in English proficiently. I asked to speak to someone who could help me instead of repeat my problem back to me over and over again. She said she would transfer me to technical support after a 5 minute hold during which she had to record all of the information she just had gathered from me.

I said, "No, transfer me now please and record the information after you transfer me so that I don't need to sit on hold any longer." I just want to find a solution to this problem without wasting more precious minutes of the day. She said she will transfer me after a 5 minute hold. After my asking to be transferred instead of going on hold for the third time, I finally gave up and just said "ok". I just wish we could speak to people who can communicate in this language and not read from a script like a robot without any understanding of my responses. Finally I got to technical support, at which time the man asked me all the same questions that the lady had asked already. I wanted to scream. He was much faster though, thankfully, and within 5 minutes he told me they have the proper software available for me to run my computer with my MacBook.

He said he needs to remotely access it, though. I had no problem with that. Then he told me they have to charge me in order to help me. CHARGE me for help. I had been on the phone for 30 minutes now. I asked to speak to his manager because I'm tired of wasting time and not fixing the issue. The manager came on and told me that all companies are charging for help these days. I literally had him arguing with me telling me that I should know they charge for support because they've been doing it since 2013. Frankly, I don't care if they've been charging to help their customers since 2013. It is a terrible business structure to charge for customer support.

This is the worst experience I've ever had in trying to resolve an issue with an electronic item. I will never again buy Lexmark simply because they withhold updated software from their customers only to charge them when they stop functioning properly. I wasted precious time of my day, elevated my blood pressure, and caused myself unnecessary added stress when I should've been walking across the street to buy a Canon Printer from Staples. Do not waste your money on Lexmark products. There will inevitably come a time that you need their help, and they will be waiting anxiously to take your card number.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We bought a brand new Lexmark printer OfficeEdge Pro5500. It worked perfectly fine in the first year. It can scan, copy, print and can pick up a really good signal printing from the top floor around the house and unto the living room area where the printer is located. Then as we continue purchasing new ink cartridges (which is ridiculously high priced cartridges), it started to show some issues.

It wont print the whole page properly. It had some blank areas on the page where pictures and paragraphs were left off not printed. We tried to put another brand new ink cartridge hoping it was just the ink cartridge that was defective. But still the problem persists. Well, I called and spoke to a Lexmark tech support over the phone and the tech person said that since there were already two brand new ink cartridges being replaced and tested to print but the problem still persists. Lexmark concluded that the printer head is the one defective.

Having said that, since the printer head was designed built in into the product, the whole printer is no longer usable. DOUBLE BUMMER! Then, they tried to connect me to their sales department and offer a 30% discount to purchase a brand new printer which you can only use the discount over the phone and only if directly purchased from Lexmark and nowhere else. That is a TRIPLE BUMMER! It sucks so bad and such an awful salesmanship and bad product... Bad business practice. Please do not buy Lexmark brand. You can only enjoy the printer in one year and once the warranty have passed you will be stuck with your problem. Their ink cartridges were highly priced whether it's a refill cartridge or a brand new. And Lexmark has no service center to bring your printer to. So you end up no option but to buy another brand new printer. TOTALLY NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Just needed to connect my damn printer to my computer and they wanted to charge $120! What a racket. Worst company ever. I hope no one has to buy a printer from these asshats ever again! They also do the ink scam... where if you only print black all the colors are used and FAST.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I purchased a Lexmark on recommendation from my computer guru friend. Not only did I have to pay someone to have it installed, as it is not user-friendly to network - but one year and one month into ownership, the hinge on the scanner breaks. Having to frequently clean the machine & scanner (more than I have ever had to with any other scanner) shows that this machine has just enough longevity to get it past the warranty. The only helpful answer Lexmark has provided is that an extended warranty was available.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I had issue with my three in one (scanner, copy, fax). I contacted customer service, it's transferred to Philippines. After two hrs of telephonic technical support they asked me to pay or the tech. support; put me on hold, transferred to many ext., spend more than two hrs, unable fix the problem!!! Even I spoke with the supervisor I got the same answer.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Printer wont work with Windows 10. No support, no updated drivers. Called Lexmark support. They will not support discontinued printer x8350. Was told to call 800-539-6275 to see about a trade in upgrade credit. They will not give any credit or consideration. What they suggest to do is to go back to Windows 7. Imagine that. I will never buy a Lexmark product again.

Original review: April 27, 2016

Today, I feel upset because the technician told me I have to pay for him to troubleshoot my printer as to why it's not scanning. I told him that I don't have any hardware issues which I'm willing to pay for that but an issue like this should be done for free. I received a replacement printer (the last one couldn't function) on 8/18/2015 (less than a year) and the ink flows like water on it. I feel it is best to buy an All in one at any store for under $100. This is way better than Lexmark Printers.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

When my Pro705 had a problem they replaced it with a Pro910 printer. The 910 has a touch screen that is terrible. When you think you're hitting a particular number, another number shows up. When you load paper it always asks if you loaded paper. When your ink runs low, it won't print until you change the cartridge even though you might be able to get more pages printed before it's actually empty. The 705 was easy to change from single to duplex. Just push a button on the panel. On the 910, you have to go deep into menus to make the change. I am not a happy camper!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

When I purchased new Color and B&W cartridges for my Lexmark 4200 it appears Lexmark has encoded a signal on the cartridges that will allow only better and best print. When I try to print quick or normal the power shuts off. Apparently they have done this so consumers use more ink and have to replace the cartridges more often. Really upsetting.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

After being on the phone for over an hour and half I got zero support from these people who simply could not speak English. All they wanted to do is charge me $50 to look into my problem. However, I doubt if they could even do that if I paid them. They were simply idiots trained to get $50 from unsuspecting customers with minor problems. All along I suspected that by re-installing my software the problem would be resolved. After insisting for nearly a half hour to speak with a supervisor one finally came on and basically agree with me that that might be the best and most reasonable solution. I simply asked him why I could not get that response from the first two techs and he kind of admitted they were only trained to ask for the $50 support fee. Never ever buy a product from this company. Their support is the worst I have encountered ever.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

This printer, the Lexmark Pro715, has always been a problem: scan failure, print failure, paper jams. It's not user friendly, and constantly has to be shut down and rebooted. But the work thing about this terrible printer is the even worse customer support: hours on the phone (seriously), rude representatives who barely speak English, and ask for payment to help resolve a problem. They want $49 -- PER SESSION, according to Justin ID# **. Here are the problems I encountered when I called the customer support line on the morning of November 14, 2015:

1.) No representatives whose native language was English.

2.) After taking me through a basic attempt at fixing the problem by having me unplugging the USB and power cord, which didn't work, they wanted to charge me for what they called "premium support", because having had the EXACT SAME ISSUE with the error message "failure to scan" two months back on September 22, 2015, I had spoken with, Jessica, who had helped me resolve the issue, but that call apparently used up my ONE free session of what they were referring to as premium support. By the way, nowhere in the Statement of Limited Warranty does it state that phone support will come at a cost after one session. So, I refused what they referred to as "premium support" because I felt uncomfortable giving my credit card number to a person whom I could barely understand, nor could tell me how much fixing my problem would cost. I asked how much it would be, and didn't get a straight answer.

Then, I asked them to take me through the initial procedure again for resolving scanner issues, because the first time the representative had taken me through it he had asked me to shut down computer, which I couldn't do at the time because I was filling out a claim on another website, which I need the scanner for, and had I shut down the computer at that time, I would have lost all my information. So after I closed out the claim, I asked the representative to take me through the initial procedure again. He said he couldn't and that it would now be considered premium support.

3.) Rudeness and indifference. They didn't care about my problem and they didn't care about helping me. This all took place during 2-3 different phone calls, by the end of which I was very frustrated and the representative was downright rude and disrespectful. He was almost laughing at one point because he was so sick of talking to me. This all could have been resolved more easily if the language barrier wasn't so drastic. I could barely understand half of what I was told, and they had a hard time understanding me. I have had this printer for only two years, and it was the worst investment I have ever made. Your customer support is SO BAD that when I shop for a new printer, which of course won't be a Lexmark, I am resolved to look for a company with excellent customer service. I actively tell people my experience now so that they don't buy a Lexmark.

In fact, back in April 2015, I wrote to your corporate headquarters in Lexington, KY, USA, because after having an issue with the magenta cartridge, and talking to the customer service line, I was told that I'd need a new printer head, and it was going to be costly. The printer was only 1.5 years old at that time, and was only warrantied for 1 year. I felt this was planned obsolescence, and wrote to the president of the company, laying out how disgusted I was over what I felt was, at its essence, dishonesty and poor, poor customer service. I never heard a word back from him.

After all this, what would I like? An apology, but also I want is the number of a Lexmark customer support line that staffs NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS ONLY, so that I can understand them. Communication -- so basic, yet so crucial. I don't mind paying for support, but I want to know how much it costs, what it includes, and I want to trust the person to whom I am giving my personal information.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I purchase a lexmark prospect pro205. The printer worked very good for over a year until the printer head start to fail. One of the two most important decision points were the cartridge costs. Surprisingly the cartridge costs increased by more than double in less than a year. To get information about service and printer head replacement in Mexico has being impossible neither by email and phone. The lexmark people that attends the customer service lines does not have any idea about service and spare parts, neither their distributors. Try to contact somebody in USA, impossible. For selling they are available but not for service. I will never purchase again a lexmark product or service because of this.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

After getting disconnected 3 times today with tech support I finally got to a tech person in Manila who, after hearing of my issue (for the 3rd time), gave me a reference and transferred me to software support. This tech person went thru all the same questions and, after reading back to me the entire issue, told me I have a "security" issue and that, FOR A FEE, they can fix it. I was told my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1721, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core TK-55 1.8 GHz 64-bit OS) has a "SECURITY" issue that is causing print jobs to hang up in THEIR print queue even after the docs have printed. At that point I simply disconnected rather than go off on the poor fellow.

Lexmark has had to replaced my printer once. I've had never ending software issues with it, wasted many, many pages of pages of paper and untold "bottles" of ink and now, before I shut down my laptop or reboot, I have to remember to go into the print queue, do a "PRINTER" - "CANCEL ALL" or I'll continue to get a duplicate set of docs printed from my latest "session". These people never cease to amaze me. The product they've put on the market is horrible. They have software issues and I'm supposed to pay have them corrected on my computer??? I don't think so. Never will I buy a Lexmark product again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Today I called Lexmark technical support for assistance with my printer which had not worked either wirelessly or with a USB connection for some time. This was my second attempt. The first time I was disconnected and no one returned my call. I spoke to two techs. The first tech took me through a series of tests on the printer and concluded that since one of my ink cartridge levels was low, the printer would not work with my MAC. When I explained that I had previously used the printer with my MAC, even with a low ink level, he explained to me, very patiently, that my printer would not work with my MAC when even one ink cartridge was low. I knew this wasn't my experience, and I explained that to him. I was then transferred to a software technical support representative.

I should state that I have changed wireless routers during the period that this printer was down. The printer did not go down after the router switch, it did not work either wirelessly or with a USB connection. I explained this several times to the second tech who was totally non-responsive. The software tech told me that I needed to pay for a premium service so that he could remotely configure my computer and printer to make them operate wirelessly. When I disagreed, stating (again) that my printer had not worked before I installed the new router and did not work even when connected by USB, he maintained that the only way he could get my printer to work was if I purchased the premium service and that the printer would not work via USB if it was set up for a wireless connect.

I told the tech that there should be no fee because, even though the printer would make copies, it would not do anything else. He maintained that I needed to pay. I told him that I was going to take my business elsewhere and buy a new printer that was not a Lexmark and he told me to go ahead. That's the last thing I heard before I hung up. I attempted to call Lexmark corporate for a remedy and found that there is no customer complaint process, at least not one I could find.

Original review: July 2, 2015

First, Lexmark Legal Dept was very responsive and called me this AM after I left an important contact msg with a very polite and consecurity gentleman (off hours) late the night before legal responded to that young man's diligent hand delivery to legal dept. The issue is as follows is to the point with many important details reserved for comment subject to a fair disposition. The matter, in legal terms is PRODUCT LIABILITY whereby my approx 1 1.2 yr 715 exploded into devastating flames and creating toxic black smoke that destroyed virtually 100% of my valued personal possessions. The Watauga County Fire Marshal from Boon, NC quickly located the cause of combustion which, in fact, was my now "former" 715 a smoldering mass of toxic plastic and chemical toxic printer ink all over my entire mobile home so when I say everything lost I estimate at least $50k of irreplaceable unsalvageable property.

My dear sweet kitty cat, "Gracie" was rescued suffering deep smoke inhalation. Thank God she was resuscitated by EMT crew and went to Blue Ridge Vet clinic on HWY NC 105 in Foscoe, NC Life support and extreme care by a terrific lady vet saved her life after 3 days on life support. Cost, near $800. I have no desire at 76, USAD Vet disabled, living only on my SSA to find myself in a bitter product liability issue which no doubt would take longer than my life span left. Gracie used 8 of her lives but my Maker only gave me one. At this very early stage and judging, prematurely, I may have cause to believe that this will not protracted. First it may create a firestorm of publicity which does not excite me in my health situation. I make this early assessment with a distinct feeling Lexmark will act honorably and has done so far having immediately contacted The Travelers Ins Co, Lexmark's corporate insurer.

The same day only with the seeming compassionate Lexmark Attorney he contacted The Travelers product liability officer who spent an hour with me, not hedging or dodging anything with hopes of expedient resolution to the massive damage done to me by Travelers ins. I am quite familiar since I was a baby Travelers brat born just down the street from Travelers HO in Hartford, CT. My deceased father retired from 35+ yrs as an office mgr, my living older brother having been recruited direct from U of F (Gators). All of that means nothing really because the end of story a bit in the future.

As an aside, I know that I, and a gazillion inkjet printer owners do NOT unplug their all in one printers be they HP, Epson, Lexmark and others. I would bet dollar to donuts most all of us leave their printers ON and set on "STANDBY" at least that was my situation. I am not qualified to advise any who read this to keep theirs on "standby" when they go to work or whatever. Why, because that's one printer feature most everyone, worldwide actually use. Unplugging is the sure fire (no pun) way to prevent an electricity start fire from erupting in their home while away, maybe to return to a home of ashes (as did I).

It happened to me. I would be impress if one of those wanna gazillionaires invented a chemical mini extinguisher, build in to ignite under fire heat. Cut me in for a royalty if any reader does just that. Beyond that I wish everyone a safe, sane and home fire free holiday. I don't get to do that this year if I get BS'd by those who may only serve their own profit interests... Just sayin' that's all, just sayin. God Bless.

Original review: June 8, 2015

In 2012 I purchased a Pinnacle Pro 901 printer from Lexmark and after about 18 months it started giving problems. I called Lexmark Tech Support who took remote control of my computer to define the problem, and I was told Lexmark would replace my printer for free. Within a few days I received the new printer together with a paid return label for my old printer. Needless to say I was rather impressed with their after sales service. Recently the replaced printer also started giving problems and I decided that after four years of service I have finally reached the end of the line. I decided to call Lexmark anyway just to make sure it wasn’t something minor that could be fixed inexpensively.

Tech Support again took remote control of my computer and to my surprise AGAIN AGREED TO REPLACE THE PRINTER FOR FREE and as the printer was no longer on the market, they would send me the new upgraded model! This was on a Friday morning around 9:00am and around 5:00pm the next day UPS delivered the new printer to my front door! FIVE STARS TO LEXMARK!!! If this is not service I would very much like somebody to define the word "service" to me.

Great job Lexmark. I think that is what the slogan "putting your money where your mouth is" really means!

Original review: June 2, 2015

I originally bought my printer in March 2010. It came with a one year warranty but if you register online within 90 days, you would get a extra four years, making it a total of five years. I called just Saturday & asked the tech a few questions to see if I could get it to work. He tried to help me then told me it was the print head needing to be replaced. I knew about this warranty and thought it would be in their system being my computer crashed and lost everything. He said I needed to have the original email and told him that I didn't because of the computer but that the company should have a record there. But they didn't. So he tells me knowing I don't have the original copy, that there is nothing he can do because nothing there & says all he can do is give me 30% off of another printer. All I need is a $30 something print head, can't afford a new printer at the moment. But need one. Please help.

Lexmark expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lexmark is a technology company that makes a wide variety of products and devices, including printers. The company was founded in 1991, and it is currently headquartered in Lexington, KY.

• Variety: Lexmark Printers offers a variety of printers intended for small workgroups, medium workgroups, and large workgroups, so they are a good choice for any size of company or organization.

• Multifunction option: Some Lexmark printers are multifunction devices, while others are strictly printers, which means that buyers looking for either type of device will be able to purchase it from this company.

• Global: The company's printers are available in more than 170 countries, so they are a convenient choice no matter where a customer is located in the world. Guides to Lexmark printers come conveniently in the language of the country they are being sold in, making them easy to understand across the globe.

• Social focus: Lexmark is committed to doing good for the world, and they are focused on creating sustainable technology and adopting eco-friendly practices. The company creates environmentally-friendly products and adopts initiatives like a recycling and reusable products program.

• Innovation: Recognizing the shift towards doing things completely digitally, Lexmark is working to find a way to seamlessly integrate the print and digital worlds.

• Best for: Large offices and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs