Lexmark Printers
2.04/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Lexmark Printers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Lexmark Printers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I'm a system administrator for a Junior College and two small municipalities in Iceland. I now only choose Lexmark laser printers for their fantastic durability and most importantly, they work out of the box with Windows clients. No additional driver needed, no download, just add the ip address in the printer setup on windows and it works, finito. It's the dream of the system administrator.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I purchased a new printer from Lexmark with the assurance that I would be able to ship back the old (defective) 14 recycling without additional cost. The call would have been recorded and so there is a record of this. When I received the printer, it was missing a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer, and the CD-ROM to install the drivers was out of date and did not work. The shipment also lacked the adapter to connected to the Internet (which would have allowed for wireless communication to the computer) and I was told that this would be an additional purchase, something that was not flagged at the time of purchase.

Worse, instead of receiving a prepaid shipping envelope, I received a return address label and was told that shipping it back would be at my expense. The only alternative that was offered was finding a government operated depot in my area which would require me to drive around and find a large electronics depot. This is completely unacceptable behaviour for a company operating in 2019 at a time when we know how important proper recycling is. I might contrast this with the second printer I just purchased from HP which took back their old printer for recycling with free shipping, no questions asked.

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought the new cx725 DE printer, it has had so many problems. Bought it for 3K USD, for my tax firm. We print often maybe 5K pages per month. This printer is constantly down, we have had the technician out 3 times now. Once it said, "printer head error," stopping my firm for 1 day. Another the screen froze (all within the first 6 months), the scanner lumps pages together even on a 10 page scan. This printer is a nightmare. Stay far away, their customer service is even worse. They refuse to give name of manager, refuse to give name of corporate, refuse to deliver on expected technician times. They say "tomorrow" and it hasn't come. It's been 2 business days. I have 20 employees needing to print... Literally costing me thousands by this being down as I need to print power of attorneys. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: April 22, 2019

In a search to replace an outdated All-In-One or Multifunction printer for my office, I compared many options. What appealed to me about the Lexmark MC2535 was the size and low noise level when printing. Both of these features played out well. Unfortunately, after using the Lexmark All-In-One printer for just 4 months, I have had to replace ink three times, or a little over once per month. My previous machine, with similar volume, was once per year. When comparing both ink cartridges and costs, I purchased the maximum cartridge size for maximum prints for each. My previous MFC printer cartridge would last about one year before replacement. Use of the Lexmark printer is over 10 times the cost. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 2, 2018

Lexmark Printers has great price, great value, but... you must go online for manual to learn how to set it up and operate the MX317 laser printer, two pages of pictures is all you get in the box! Mine was DOA out of the box, it had the wrong scanner put into it at the factory. A factory rep was sent out to repair my "NEW" printer and return the wrong scanner. All under warranty, cost me nothing but time, I'm retired anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexmark?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I never had a problem with my printer. Everything came out great. This would be my first choice when looking for a printer. Great printer.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It was a good reliable printer. It was taking more ink than I thought it should. My daughter thought also we should use a higher quality ink. I always used Lexmark ink. Overall I did print a lot of pictures. In comparison to other printers at the time I bought the Lexmark it was the better printer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Lexmark series laser printers are excellent especially for high volume print jobs. They're fast and accurate. I've worked on them for years and many companies and businesses rely on their speed and quality.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Have an old Lexmark printer. Only prints in black and white. Needs old Windows drivers. Stick with any of the newest printers on the market. They are all cheaper now and have many functions that come standard in the printer.

Original review: March 1, 2018

In the beginning it was printing fine. Then about 9 months later the printer started getting paper jams and making funny noises. Lasted a long time though. Blotchy printing on the ink as well.

Lexmark expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lexmark is a technology company that makes a wide variety of products and devices, including printers. The company was founded in 1991, and it is currently headquartered in Lexington, KY.

• Variety: Lexmark Printers offers a variety of printers intended for small workgroups, medium workgroups, and large workgroups, so they are a good choice for any size of company or organization.

• Multifunction option: Some Lexmark printers are multifunction devices, while others are strictly printers, which means that buyers looking for either type of device will be able to purchase it from this company.

• Global: The company's printers are available in more than 170 countries, so they are a convenient choice no matter where a customer is located in the world. Guides to Lexmark printers come conveniently in the language of the country they are being sold in, making them easy to understand across the globe.

• Social focus: Lexmark is committed to doing good for the world, and they are focused on creating sustainable technology and adopting eco-friendly practices. The company creates environmentally-friendly products and adopts initiatives like a recycling and reusable products program.

• Innovation: Recognizing the shift towards doing things completely digitally, Lexmark is working to find a way to seamlessly integrate the print and digital worlds.

• Best for: Large offices and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs