2. Miscellaneous

3.7/5 (74 ratings)

About Google Home

Google Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have 8 outdoor wired Nest Cameras. An electrical short occurred on one at the USB/Power Adapter connection. Camera was installed by a Google Authorized Contractor, (not homeowner). Unit was 3 months out of warranty. Numerous calls, submissions of pictures and information went into a "black hole". My case was referred to the "Safety Review Department". Weeks later..no response. Terrible customer service. BE VERY CAREFUL OF THE WIRED NEST OUTDOOR CAMERAS DUE TO THE USB/POWER ADAPTER CONNECTION. Mine shorted and Google has totally ignored my case.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My thermostat won't connect to wifi. It's a common problem with them and Google won't correct the problem. I called them twice just for them to have me do the same troubleshooting that don't work. If you google the problem there's hundreds of people with the same issue.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

My Nest doorbell/ camera stopped connecting properly to my wifi. I contacted the support team we reinstall the device several times but the device continued to fail. Two representatives set up a case number up and I was told someone would send me a link to replace the device with in 24/48 hours. It has been 5 days and yet have I heard from or received an email to fill out the link to have the device replace. I am giving up and buying a Ring. I would suggest you purchasing a Ring versus the Nest and Nest has very poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I'm very unimpressed with what Google have done with the forced shift from Google Music to YouTube Music. They have removed a major feature, the ability to play playlists via voice command. This was not a free feature, it was paid for (when I bought the unit), and was paid for on-going via Google harvesting consumer data via the device. To now increase the cost by saying I must pay for an on-going subscription to YouTube music is unacceptable. I advise anyone against buying this product until Google fix the problem.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

DO NOT BUY GOOGLE NEST Wifi!! It’s incompatible with Wi-Fi providers like Verizon Fios. Return policy is within 15 days. After troubleshooting, tried to return within 30 days and customer service said no!

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2020

After escalating to a Google executive my issue was quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I first notified the Google Nest Camera department on Aug.29/20 regarding a defective camera. They agreed to ship a replacement camera to me and I thought all was great. After a month of hearing nothing I contacted Google and was told there was an error in the order process and they would need to resubmit the order. It's now Oct 19/20 and after countless chats with their customer service people and 2 phone calls I still have no replacement camera. They keep giving me excuses regarding the replacement and apologize over and over again but still no camera. I was actually thinking of adding a doorbell camera and an outdoor camera to my system but after this I doubt I will purchase any Google products in the future.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Very poor usability, forces users to use mobile application, features to support disabled users a simply awful for example: I logged in with the alternative account, when my camera did not work, I could not simply log out! The support option is overwhelming: typical to Google!! An overabundance of poorly categorized information making it extremely difficult to solve the problem at hand. The simple user interface lacks some basic capabilities, making the user experience just simply frustrating which is the opposite of a good user design, something that you would not expect from this technology company. For me the irony is; you can buy anything Google offers with ease from the user interface, but don't expect good support for the product in my humble opinion.

Original review: June 29, 2020

No warning on packaging or instructions that 5 wires are required for AC to work properly. Took Nest 3 out and put Honeywell back in for good. Nest is garbage and I plan on tossing it in the garbage tomorrow.

Original review: June 11, 2020

4 cameras that worked okay before Google took over the Nest products. My cameras are picking up cars on the road 500' away, but not a car pulling in my driveway 10' away directly in the cameras path!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

The customer service is poor. It took multiple calls and a chat to correct my problem. I’d say it took over an hour of my time, which was frustrating. And after one call when we accidentally got disconnected, nobody called me back. If you get a defective Nest it’s a hassle to get it replaced.

Google Home Company Information