3.64/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Google Home

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Google Home Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Refund policy sucks. Been trying to get this app to work for four day. Contacted the application company and they said I have a 7 day period to get refund and Google won't help you get a refund from the company because of their 48 hour refund policy. I tried everything to get the application to work on my device per Alfred app. Instructions via email and asked for refund. They both Alfred and Google apps denied refund. To a disabled veteran on a fixed income. I haven't been able to use the app at all since I bought it. The ad said for trial period and it hasn't been 7 days. It was 4 days after trying to get it to work that I contacted Alfred and 5 days after purchase that I contacted Google. Now they said since I deleted it off my devices that I would have to pay for it again. What a ripoff. I didn't even want to give either one a star but you have to to be able to submit the review.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had 2 Business Gmail addresses stolen and you cannot get support or even talk to someone. I'm surprised the US GOVERNMENT or Congress don't get involved. For a billion dollar company they don't want to spend a dime. It's called GREED.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Not long after signing up for Google Pay all cards associated were used fraudulently. The result, Google Suspended my account. I am now unable to pay for the Play Music & Red services. Half a dozen Google Home devices and Mobile that depended on Google Play Music & YouTube Red are now crippled. I also was unable to make any Google Play purchases. Googles answer is that I violated their ToS, their "Risk Team" has decided I am not going to receive my $51.96 account credits that I preloaded.

Countless calls to their customer service has made me realize what little effort they put into the customer experience, their call center agents are not empowered and require a "specialist" 99% of the time. There is no first call resolution, and have realized there are some people sitting on chat or email that just say "No" and will not speak to the customer directly. Imagine if I had my TV service with them as well? Once they suspend your account you cannot use pre-paid cards or your carrier to pay for anything, you are dead in the water.

In a world we are integrating all services this type of behavior is not acceptable. I will also say they did stick to their guns on "we are not required to notify you" if they suspend your account, and they can take any pre-loaded funds. Even after a few reps say they can help with getting you a better outcome. Sending a story to their board and CEO will not even trigger an auto-reply, you will have only silence which echoes so strongly their view of the customer. In the end, I am going to pursue this legally. I have BBB, FTC, AG, PUC and other filed complaints. Very unethical behavior and saying you violated "their" terms of service, advise they can't state exactly how to a victim of fraud that suspiciously happened while trialing their platform. Please stay away from their service, and stick with a more customer-oriented business like Amazon. I will be moving all my home automation products, music services and any other applicable devices/services to Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I love Google. It’s very easy to use and very beneficial. Whenever I'm wanting to look up something, Google is very knowledgeable and I understand it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The speaker has good sound. It is clear and it can be heard from quite away. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get it set up but I am well satisfied. Thanks Google. The price was great too. I would buy this product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Google Home is the easiest way to get information quickly from the internet. I use it to make phone calls which is convenient, as it is hands free and has a sound level that is adjustable. If one is elderly, there is the added convenience of being able to summon help without physically possessing an emergency device or getting to a phone. One can engage in other activities while phoning.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I love this product. I have never been disappointed when I use it. My family enjoys it. I love to use this product during NFL season. Anything that I'm curious about, may not know how to spell the word or just have a general question about what's going on in the world I can go to Google.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The product was very nice to use but the price is a little bit too high. Other than that I'm going to be able to recommend it to others with any problems.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

It's much better than average sound and it's very convenient, if for nothing else to listen to music. Software or the human using it, continues to work on some glitches.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

It works pretty well. Undoubtedly, there's still more development to do, but, for a first time purchase, we like it. There's a lot we haven't tried, as well.

Google Home Company Information