2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Google Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I'm very unimpressed with what Google have done with the forced shift from Google Music to YouTube Music. They have removed a major feature, the ability to play playlists via voice command. This was not a free feature, it was paid for (when I bought the unit), and was paid for on-going via Google harvesting consumer data via the device. To now increase the cost by saying I must pay for an on-going subscription to YouTube music is unacceptable. I advise anyone against buying this product until Google fix the problem.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

DO NOT BUY GOOGLE NEST Wifi!! It’s incompatible with Wi-Fi providers like Verizon Fios. Return policy is within 15 days. After troubleshooting, tried to return within 30 days and customer service said no!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2020

After escalating to a Google executive my issue was quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I first notified the Google Nest Camera department on Aug.29/20 regarding a defective camera. They agreed to ship a replacement camera to me and I thought all was great. After a month of hearing nothing I contacted Google and was told there was an error in the order process and they would need to resubmit the order. It's now Oct 19/20 and after countless chats with their customer service people and 2 phone calls I still have no replacement camera. They keep giving me excuses regarding the replacement and apologize over and over again but still no camera. I was actually thinking of adding a doorbell camera and an outdoor camera to my system but after this I doubt I will purchase any Google products in the future.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Very poor usability, forces users to use mobile application, features to support disabled users a simply awful for example: I logged in with the alternative account, when my camera did not work, I could not simply log out! The support option is overwhelming: typical to Google!! An overabundance of poorly categorized information making it extremely difficult to solve the problem at hand. The simple user interface lacks some basic capabilities, making the user experience just simply frustrating which is the opposite of a good user design, something that you would not expect from this technology company. For me the irony is; you can buy anything Google offers with ease from the user interface, but don't expect good support for the product in my humble opinion.

Original review: June 29, 2020

No warning on packaging or instructions that 5 wires are required for AC to work properly. Took Nest 3 out and put Honeywell back in for good. Nest is garbage and I plan on tossing it in the garbage tomorrow.

Original review: June 11, 2020

4 cameras that worked okay before Google took over the Nest products. My cameras are picking up cars on the road 500' away, but not a car pulling in my driveway 10' away directly in the cameras path!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

The customer service is poor. It took multiple calls and a chat to correct my problem. I’d say it took over an hour of my time, which was frustrating. And after one call when we accidentally got disconnected, nobody called me back. If you get a defective Nest it’s a hassle to get it replaced.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

The installation technician (over the phone) instructed us to wire the thermostat in a way that adversely affected our boiler (the aquastat had to be replaced) and cost us hundreds of dollars in additional repairs and ruined the nest thermostats we purchased. Nest representatives have been playing games with us for months, first assuring a full refund of all expenses incurred and new thermostats then passing us around from rep to rep for months only to be completely ignored in hopes that we will go away and with no intent at seeing the corrections through. Our last attempt left my husband transferred and placed on hold for 40 minutes to have the line disconnect. We have 2 Google Pixel cell phones, 2 Google Home devices and this holiday season we're switching everything to Apple. This experience has diminished my faith in anything with the Google name.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Refund policy sucks. Been trying to get this app to work for four day. Contacted the application company and they said I have a 7 day period to get refund and Google won't help you get a refund from the company because of their 48 hour refund policy. I tried everything to get the application to work on my device per Alfred app. Instructions via email and asked for refund. They both Alfred and Google apps denied refund. To a disabled veteran on a fixed income. I haven't been able to use the app at all since I bought it. The ad said for trial period and it hasn't been 7 days. It was 4 days after trying to get it to work that I contacted Alfred and 5 days after purchase that I contacted Google. Now they said since I deleted it off my devices that I would have to pay for it again. What a ripoff. I didn't even want to give either one a star but you have to to be able to submit the review.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had 2 Business Gmail addresses stolen and you cannot get support or even talk to someone. I'm surprised the US GOVERNMENT or Congress don't get involved. For a billion dollar company they don't want to spend a dime. It's called GREED.

Google Home Company Information