3.9/5 (134 ratings)

About Google Home

Google Home Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Google Home?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I can't believe how much Google has messed up Nest since they bought them. Some cameras work in the old Nest App and some you have to use the Home App. But, in the Home App you have way fewer features. And the the new Nest thermostat is incompatible with the Nest Temperature sensor. Google is going backwards with this product line.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

My friend purchased a pack of Google Play cards as a gift for me. The package contained three cards with a balance of $10 each. When I attempted to redeem the cards only one worked properly. The other two could not be redeemed as the access codes were unreadable. I contacted google customer service and asked how to redeem the cards and the customer service agent I've had to deal with has been absolutely frustrating. I sent everything they asked for to show proof of purchase and all the other necessary information but that wasn't good enough.

I had to send images of the receipts a second time which I did and now the person has disappeared. They were quick to ask me to do things to resolve their defective card issue but now that I've provided everything they need they haven't responded. All they need to do is provide access codes so I can get $20 redeemed to my google account. Very frustrating experience and sad that google can't resolve a very simple problem with some level of efficiency. For $20 they lost any possibility of future purchases from my friend and I and hopefully everyone we tell this story to.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I have 8 outdoor wired Nest Cameras. An electrical short occurred on one at the USB/Power Adapter connection. Camera was installed by a Google Authorized Contractor, (not homeowner). Unit was 3 months out of warranty. Numerous calls, submissions of pictures and information went into a "black hole". My case was referred to the "Safety Review Department". Weeks later..no response. Terrible customer service. BE VERY CAREFUL OF THE WIRED NEST OUTDOOR CAMERAS DUE TO THE USB/POWER ADAPTER CONNECTION. Mine shorted and Google has totally ignored my case.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Very Good, It is amazing. The Home Mini is a voice-controlled speaker that can be used to play music, control smart home gadgets, answer trivia questions, add things to a shopping list, create calendar appointments, or play video on a Chromecast-enabled screen. Recently, Google added the ability to place phone calls from the Home speakers, as well as use them to locate your phone if you’ve misplaced it somewhere in your home. (It’s in the couch. It’s always in the couch.)

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My thermostat won't connect to wifi. It's a common problem with them and Google won't correct the problem. I called them twice just for them to have me do the same troubleshooting that don't work. If you google the problem there's hundreds of people with the same issue.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Easy steps to set up. Easy app, efficient at pulling up info on demand. Fair price. Haven't had any issues that relate to Google. You can turn off their cameras at any time and have complete control of what's going on or if someone taps into camera to see it shows a notification.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

My Nest doorbell/ camera stopped connecting properly to my wifi. I contacted the support team we reinstall the device several times but the device continued to fail. Two representatives set up a case number up and I was told someone would send me a link to replace the device with in 24/48 hours. It has been 5 days and yet have I heard from or received an email to fill out the link to have the device replace. I am giving up and buying a Ring. I would suggest you purchasing a Ring versus the Nest and Nest has very poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I'm very unimpressed with what Google have done with the forced shift from Google Music to YouTube Music. They have removed a major feature, the ability to play playlists via voice command. This was not a free feature, it was paid for (when I bought the unit), and was paid for on-going via Google harvesting consumer data via the device. To now increase the cost by saying I must pay for an on-going subscription to YouTube music is unacceptable. I advise anyone against buying this product until Google fix the problem.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

DO NOT BUY GOOGLE NEST Wifi!! It’s incompatible with Wi-Fi providers like Verizon Fios. Return policy is within 15 days. After troubleshooting, tried to return within 30 days and customer service said no!

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2020

After escalating to a Google executive my issue was quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I first notified the Google Nest Camera department on Aug.29/20 regarding a defective camera. They agreed to ship a replacement camera to me and I thought all was great. After a month of hearing nothing I contacted Google and was told there was an error in the order process and they would need to resubmit the order. It's now Oct 19/20 and after countless chats with their customer service people and 2 phone calls I still have no replacement camera. They keep giving me excuses regarding the replacement and apologize over and over again but still no camera. I was actually thinking of adding a doorbell camera and an outdoor camera to my system but after this I doubt I will purchase any Google products in the future.

Google Home Company Information