DigiExpress

digiexpress.us

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This place has horrible customer service. I got my screen repaired two weeks ago. It was not flush at all, but I always have my phone in a case so I figured it would be okay. Well, Saturday my phone screen cracked from being in my pocket. Didn't drop it, nothing. Barely had pressure on the screen. I called Saturday and was on the line for 30 minutes before anyone picked up! Then the lady claimed she was a manager because I wasn't happy with this awful repaired screen. She said she would have a manager above her call me the next day or Monday.

No one called me so I called them. They told me they will only give me 20% off another screen. They want me to pay them another $125 after I already paid $155 for a horrible screen repair. Both employees yelled at me over the phone, one being a manager. This place is a rip off. Employees here don't care about their customers. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone! I should have taken my phone to Apple for $50 more! I will be taking it there for the repair and for further issues! They care about their customers and I have always been treated well there. So if you need your screen repaired, go to Apple! You'll be treated with respect and not employees yelling at you or calling you a liar!

Repairs. Sent the $30 for what? To be told it is broken, really?

I don't understand why this co has so many bad reviews . I had a great experience. I left my iPad with Ryan at the Monroeville Mall kiosk for a replacement screen at closing and it was ready next day! Excellent job! Guaranteed for one year.

I placed an order to have a video iPod repaired with using their on-line application. I told them it was the connection/charge port and if the iPod was moved while connected it would drop connection and then reconnect. I received an e-mail they received it and another a week later it was on its way back. Took it out of the box and tried to turn it on and the battery had no charge. After plugging it in it connected and lost connection just as it had before it went out my door. I called and talked with a rep and after he read the notes I was told that can't repair that issue with a video iPod as that is part of the main board. He apologized and said he was sorry and agreed there were no notes where they communicated it to me without me calling them. It's not so much they could not fix it, in the first place it's the 3 weeks they had it and not a word until I called them.

After paying $80.66 DigiExpress returned my iPod broken. I took it to the Apple Store and they said it was the worst repair that they have ever seen. Aside from not working the Digi monkeys poorly glued an after market screen on top of the case and not flush like the original making it easy to break. Tried to resolve the problem but even PayPal will not help. So if you want to experience incompetent service from a one star Yelp and 76 consumer complaints store send yours here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DigiExpress?

I sent in my iPod for a new hard drive the first week of January. They replied about a week later saying the parts were out of stock, and asked if I wanted to wait. I agreed to wait, and we exchanged emails checking the status over the next 3+ months. They never did receive the required part (even though they still had them advertised on the site, for sale and for the same repair service), so I cancelled the repair service. They sent my iPod back reasonably quickly, but now I'm waiting 2+ months for my refund. Their initial response was that it could take 30 days to process, but that would have been over a month ago. They continue to reply with apologetic and polite emails, but there is no indication that they are going to refund my money. Avoid these crooks at all costs!

Sent my ipod classic for repair. It was in pristine condition. Only problem was it kept restarting. They said it needed a new board. Authorized the repair and paid for it. Received iPod back with same problem. They told me to send it back. I did. They allegedly "fixed" it and returned. Received back with a major scratch on side, really an elongated dent as side is slightly warped. iPod still not working. Cutting my losses and trying another vendor. Really po'd about the dent.

Everything about this 'company' is opposite of what they will tell you. Their business model is based on the $25 fee to inspect your item (iPod Touch 5G in my case) then send you a invoice for a seemingly standard repair (battery and charge port, $39.98), then keep your item for over 2 weeks and ship it back with no correspondence whatsoever and you plug it in and realize it was just as you shipped it. Then the games begin! You have to call them to see what happened and they tell you they sent a email explaining the repair was too much for them to handle and they will refund the parts money but not the diagnostic fee. And if you react like I did, which was to inquire why no notice was shipped w/ my item or no email regarding its state of repair (or in this case non-repair), the service rep gets offended and decides to delay your refund until you call back and threaten to call PayPal or the Atty General for the Pittsburgh region for satisfaction. I was told (by them) that they had over 200,000 customers, which, at $25 per, is quite the scam. Also, anytime you question their ethics or business practices over the phone, they hang up on you. I guess that's easier than answering your questions especially when you don't have a clue.

Sent an apple ipod for repair which the surface glass was shattered and the charge would not work. The device would work when plugged in and the touch screen still worked. After the repair, the touch screen had issues with white streaks and the ipod still did not charge. Sent the ipod back for repair again, no charge except that I had to pay the shipping, and they return fixed the charging issue but did not fix the display issue. Don't waste your money on this company. NO quality control! This company totally sucks!

I sent a Apple Nano in that needed a new headphone jack. They still charged me $29 "diagnosis fee" to tell me it needed a new headphone jack and wouldn't deduct it from repair cost. STRIKE ONE. Then I was told the jack was on backorder and it took WEEKS to get my nano back, and also $80 plus as I was told I also needed a new battery which was working just fine when I sent the nano out. STRIKE TWO.

Less than a MONTH after their 90 day warranty expired the headphone jack failed. On their website it clearly states ALL PARTS GUARANTEED FOR LIFE. I was then given a list of parts that weren't guaranteed and of course a headphone jack was one of them. They wanted to charge me all over again then fix it. I was furious. I am now left with the same broken nano and 80 dollars POORER. Terrible experience - these people should not be in business based on my review and countless others I've read. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

I sent in my iPod for a headphone repair to DigiExpress. After a month it was returned with a report that a new battery and headphone jack was installed. The price was just under $70. I charged the unit and then plugged in my Bose headphones in and only one speaker would play. I experimented with different headphones and had the same problem. If I pull the headphone jack out a quarter of the way I can get it to work on both speakers, but this is totally impractical when placing the unit in a pocket. I wrote to DigiExpress and their reply was that it was working when it left. Unbelievable! They suggested I send it back, at my expense,and they would provide re-evaluation. Honestly, I do not trust them because of their initial statement that it was tested. It was not, and that is obvious from the time I received the iPod. I wrote back and asked for them to pay all costs as it was their error. No reply.

I sent in my iPod Touch for a battery replacement since my battery charge was not lasting long at all. Once they received my device, it took about 3 weeks for them to complete the repair. As soon as I received it, I noticed the glass was not sealed to the bottom of the device around 25% of the unit. I contacted DigiExpress and explained this to them. I returned the iPod to them so they could complete the repair they failed to do the first time. When it was returned to me, it appeared to be completely sealed all around. I noticed the first day I used it that the charge did not hold as long as I thought it should, especially since it had its battery replaced. It's been a few months since the repair and the charge is worse than ever. A full charge will not last half a day. If DigiExpress did replace the battery, they must have put in a cheap Chinese battery, which was as bad or worse than the battery I had in there. I'm going to have to get another replacement in the next month or so and may end up taking it to my local Apple Store.

I sent my son's iPod in for repair which was told would be done within 14-16 days. I then received an invoice for double what they told me not to mention I had already sent in more money and that I had to have it fixed with what they said was broken or I could have it returned to me. Since they already had the device, I paid the cost. Then a MONTH later, I still did not have my device. I contacted customer service and instead of trying to fix my problem she reminded me of all the times I had contacted them before which put my device "lower on the queue." Meaning if you call to talk to them about something they bump you down. So, great customer service. Now, it has been 2 months and still no device. So I called and she said I could upgrade to express for $20 and it would be done in 24 hours. For this company, it's all about the money. For an older generation iPod touch, I spent WELL over what it is worth, which is something they advertise as part of their guarantee. This company is criminal. Please just take it somewhere local. They will hold your device hostage and then charge you to ship it back.

I sent my 160GB iPod Classic in for repair because it wasn't powering on. I read multiple tech forums beforehand, all said it seemed to be a dead battery. Not feeling confident enough to do the replacement myself, I sent it to these guys. After a few days, I got an email saying that after the initial $25 diagnosis, there would be about $250 worth of repair parts needed (including a new main board and hard drive). BUT they wouldn't know FOR SURE until they opened it up and completed the diagnosis. Here's the correspondence:

"Our technician has completed his initial diagnosis* and has determined that the following parts are defective/damaged and need to be replaced: $79.99 6.5 Main board, $158.99 Hard drive, $19.99 Battery, $258.97 Total. To continue with the repair process, please pay the PayPal invoice that you will receive in your inbox shortly (You do not need a PayPal account to pay the invoice). If you choose not to continue with the repair, please respond to this ticket and we will gladly ship your device back. Please feel free to reply with any questions you may have, you can also contact our customer service team via phone at 1-800-440-4693 (ext 2), Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST.

*Initial diagnosis Our technicians' initial diagnosis determination is based on testing your device and its physical condition, however until the device is opened and a repair attempt is made, our technicians can't verify that the initial diagnosis determination encompassed the entire list of damaged parts necessary to repair the device."

I elected NOT to proceed with the repairs. Why would I pay a $258 bill for something that hasn't happened yet, and may not need to take place? After a few more days, the iPod was mailed back to me (minus the tracking information). Upon inspection of the iPod, it appears to have been opened already - contrary to what DigiExpress said in the email. There is a gap between the casing halves, and a bit of movement. The casing isn't fitting together properly. No telling what internal components have been removed, damaged, or altered. If I could give DigiExpress 0 stars, I would.

I paid $25 for the "diagnostic and repair" service for an iPad. After the diagnosis, they determined that I needed to pay an extra $30 for parts. After I paid the extra $30, I waited for several weeks for their update. After a month’s passed and not receiving the iPad, I emailed their customer service department and they just completely ignored my email. When I called I was told that it would be repaired the same day itself and the device will be sent to me tomorrow. Weeks passed by but no email or call from them. I called 2 weeks later to hear the same crap from them again. $60 and 1.5 months later, I am filing this complaint and I still haven't received my device nor the refund which I have emailed and called them about several times.

These guys are stealing original Apple units and replacing them with duplicate parts. The replacements usually take a very long time hence they keep us waiting until they can find a buyer for our original device parts and sell them off online. People like such should be hanged to death for fleecing innocent people like us. In most cases there are kids involved eagerly waiting for their devices but thugs like DigiExpress have no concern whatsoever!!

Simply put, iPod 4 shattered screen. Did everything we were supposed to do, paid our money and it's been 3 weeks. I called today and they can not give me even a round about time on when we would receive the iPod back. The only way I can get the iPod back in a timely matter is to pay them $20 more. I had them send it back and refund the $64 it would have taken to fix the screen. Lost $25 on their "diagnostics" and $4 for me to ship it to them. It's a scam and a shame. We need companies like these. DigiExpress customer service must get an earful. Just hoping his data is still intact.

Sent my iPod classic in for a headphone jack replacement. It worked fine, held a charge, was just a bit finicky to get both channels playing. They said it would take 5 to 7 days to fix. Called after 2 weeks, told me it would be another week. I called and said to send it back and refund my money. After some discussion, the girl on the phone said she would fix it the next day and get it sent back out. I got an email that said when they were testing it, the hard drive crashed and they lost all 112 Gigs of music and they wanted $158.00 to fix it it but they lost all the data.This business is a complete fraud. How could they ruin the hard drive replacing the headphone jack?

If you read their web site, it states 3-5 business days. After 5 business days, I contacted them again and they told me 5-7 business days. I waited for 10 business days and finally opened a claim with PayPal and they repaired my device in a matter of 5 minutes and shipped it out the same day...Save your money and go local for a repair. Do not send to them!!! I wish I read the reviews before I did.

I sent my iPad for repair of cracked glass. DigiExpress website indicated usual repair time 3-5 business days. One week after notification they had received iPad, I contacted them regarding status of repair. I was told it would be an additional week. After another week, when I contacted them again, I was told it would be another week, or I could pay an additional $20.00 and get it repaired within 24 hours.

I asked for a refund and return of item unrepaired. I received the iPad back one week later but no refund. I waited another week and contacted them again. They indicated it might take 30 days for a refund through PayPal. I advised them this would be beyond the PayPal time limit for a dispute. Still have not received refund. PayPal dispute has been filed.

I sent in the IPod touch for a new screen. When the device was returned the unit would not hold a charge and the screen at times went blank making the IPod unresponsive. Approx. one month later the screen began to come off and we sent the unit back under warranty from the prior repair. The technician called and said the repair could not be done without additional fees. I didn't understand why the screen they replaced was not covered to repair and wish we had gone elsewhere to repair the unit initially. It hasn't worked right since being sent away initially.

I am so angry right now that I can barely type this complaint. I made the mistake of using DigiExpress without checkout all the reviews about the company. I have an iPod Touch 4 that was working perfectly except the battery was not holding a charge for a long period of time. It is about two years old so I thought it probably just needed a new battery. Other than that, the iPod was working perfectly. They keep my iPod for a month and charge me for repairs and a new battery. I just received it back in the mail and it was marked that it had not been repaired. When I called the company they said that it come into with the screen separated from the iPod and that the battery had swollen and caused damage to the board. The only way that the iPod works now is if I have it plugged into an electrical outlet. I am so furious about their total disregard for my property. I had taken such good care of my iPod and there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with it except the battery was not staying charged as long as I needed it to. Do not use this company. They are crooks and they do very bad work.

We spoke with DigiExpress prior to sending our iPad mini for repair - we were told if we paid for the repair in full at that time over the phone, and sent our unit in for repair, we would receive the iPad back within 5-7 days after they received the unit. We were notified through email when they received the unit, which was June 28th. We then called them on July 3rd, when they told us we were in the queue for repair, and should be getting our iPad back soon. We then called again a couple of weeks later, and were told they were still waiting for the technician to perform the simple repair of replacing the broken screen, which we told them during our initial phone call. We then called again on July 23rd, and were told that they had run out of parts for this repair, but now had them back in stock, but there was a long waiting line to get these units repaired.

They said if we paid an additional $15, they would then repair the unit the next day. I asked if they would waive this additional charge, since we were already waiting for an unacceptable period of time. They told us that they have customers waiting for similar repairs since the month of May, and that they could not put us ahead of those repairs. They said apparently, most people were not willing to spend the additional money to get their unit repaired faster, so the waiting line became exceedingly long, and that we probably would not get our unit back until at least the 3rd week in August, and without a guarantee of that either, unless we paid the additional fee to get the unit back sooner. This seemed like such a scam to my wife and me. However, we felt we were being taken advantage of, and unless we paid the additional fee, my daughter may never see her iPad back again.

We reluctantly paid the fee, and then magically got the unit back, which by the way, came back repaired, but in less than perfect condition. It now looks like it has been scratched, as if they did not even replace the screen with a new one. We are completely dissatisfied with the way this company handled this repair, and would never recommend anyone to use this company.

I just got my son's iPod back in the mail today. I sent it in for the screen to be replaced only. There was nothing else wrong with it. When I tried to turn the iPod on, there was nothing on the screen. It was white. How is it that I could see all the apps on the home screen when it was cracked before repair, but now it comes back with the white screen of death after the screen is replaced? Oh yeah, when I called and complained about the extra money they wanted, I told them to decline the fixing of the screen. I guess they wanted to get back at me and made the iPod get the white screen of death.

Thanks for fixing my iPod. And I thought the repair was reasonable $$. And you got it back to me pretty quick. Although... it is useless to me now because you wiped the hard drive clean of all my music! Your web does mention to let DigiExpress know if your iPod is NOT backed up. And so I did in the initial note to the technician I sent with the iPod. I would have gladly paid more for you to back it up for me and re-install it. So in order to do the repair... it was noted that the mother board was defective. So why wipe the hard drive clean? What was the reason for that? And I was not informed you would do this. So $400 worth of music is now gone! Most of this music was on an older computer that crashed on me. So I am not able to re-install any of it.

I paid $48.89 for them to replace my son's iPod screen. They emailed my son telling him that there will be a $49 cost for the part. I called them and told them the amount I sent in was supposed to be for replacing the screen. The person on the phone said that I paid for the technician to run tests. I did not ask for my money to be spent on that. There was nothing wrong with it. The website is totally misleading. I will not recommend this site or company for anything. Not even walking a dog.

I paid $25 for the "diagnostic and repair" service for an iPod. After the diagnosis, they determined that I needed to pay an extra $20 for parts. After I paid the extra $20, they told me that my iPod could not be repaired, and I would be refunded the $20 for the parts within a month. After two months passed and not receiving the refund, I emailed their customer service department and they just completely ignored my email. The whole process of diagnosis and repair took 16 days, from April 10th, 2013 to April 26, 2013, clearly not the 3 to 5 business days they promise on the website. So to sum up, I was expecting my iPod to be repaired in 5 business days for $25 plus eventually some extra $ for parts. Instead, I paid $45 to wait 16 days for them to tell me that they could just do nothing with my iPod . A total disaster.

I sent an iPad in a month and a half ago to receive repairs. My little girl's birthday was a month out and I wanted to fix her iPad for her birthday. Needless to say, she never got her iPad. I spent $154.00 to get it repaired. After 2 weeks of no response, I requested a status update on my iPad. I was told that they were waiting on a part to come in. One month later, the iPad has still not been fixed and they haven't bothered to send any status updates. I recently requested a refund and the iPad to be shipped back to me. It remains to be seen on whether or not they can get that right. It amazes me how they advertise a service that they cannot deliver on.

About 2 months ago, I had my son's iPod repaired. I was overcharged and have been requesting a $51.29 payment ever since. This is now June of 2013 and I have yet to receive my refund. I have not been contacted about my refund either. If I owed this company, my son's iPod would have been sold! How dare them do business this way and get away with it. I have every intentions of suing them for the remainder of my money. I have no intentions of recommending them to anyone, and if you've ever dealt with them, spread the word not to use them.

I trusted the testimonials and failed to read the other reviews. I sent my iPod Nano 6th generation for the home button was stuck. I got an invoice that it was to be repaired for additional $59.99 to replace a complete assembly with $25 initial diagnostic fee. I paid it all. I didn't hear from them after. I sent in an email inquiring about my device. Return email said that my device was sent to queue, meaning my iPod was placed on a waiting list to be repaired. After a month of waiting, I received my iPod with a damaged packaging. The battery was not fully charged. I charged the battery and still it was not working. I contacted them again and there was no answer for a while. I called Customer Service and was told it would be forwarded to whomever. I waited again. They offered to have me ship back my device at my shipping expense and no guarantee to have it fixed. Their technician would repair it if they see that there was no damage done. It doesn't make sense to have it sent back. I had no issue with my battery prior to.

Now, I'm still stuck with an unusable 13-month-old iPod Nano. I hope somebody read the reviews thoroughly and does not make the same mistake of sending their gadgets to this company. Go to the Apple store instead.

They give deceptive description on their screen repair. I thought it was $25 for the repair; however, I found out that it is just to look at the iPod. Then I had to pay another $49 for the actual repair. After I paid that, I did not hear anything for a week. So I called them and I was told my iPod is sitting in the queue! Then they further explained that it takes up to 2 weeks for the repair because they are busy. If I wanted to pay $15 more, she would walk over to where my iPod is and literally have it to a technician and ship it out today. I found that insulting. I still have not gotten my iPod back, but I am seriously considering asking them to send it back. I will get it repaired locally in one day.

DigiExpress Company Profile