Coby Electronics

Lake Success, NY

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son got the coby flat screen about 2011. The TV showed beautiful colors, great reception and the remote lasted despite being dropped a lot. My family enjoyed it. It recently didn't come on. Thought the remote, but it wouldn't come on. I read the reviews. I'm sorry for all the bad experiences, but mine was fantastic! Is Coby really gone?

I bought this online through Walmart. It was a gift so return time elapsed by the time it was opened and used. The second time the start button was pressed, it went below the button opening and cannot get it to come up. Did not even get to use it. There is no way to open the case or poke the button out. There is no model number or serial number. Stay away from this brand - VERY CHEAPLY MADE. WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. DON'T BUY COBY PRODUCTS!

Tv is broken. Can't contact them.

The first one I ordered did not work at all!!! As this was a x-mas gift for my daughter and her husband... I was so embarrassed! Complained, Amazon sent second one, worked, but not the DVD or CD. My daughter just informed me it never worked correctly. I told her throw it out and I will replace item with totally different model, NO COBY AT ALL!!!

Because the TV played for a little while, then it started being fuzzy signal, then it cuts off I ended up purchasing another one. And my warranty was so high that it ended and it was nothing the store could do about it. They say it's store policy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coby Electronics?

If there was a way to rate 0 stars on here I would. I had my television set for about 2 years ago and I'm having the same problem out of it that I was having before. I had it fixed one time and I'm not having it fixed again. The price the man charged me to fix it was crazy. I will not EVER buy anything with the name Coby on it Again. If you want to save your money don't buy it.

All this company is good for is for ripping people off. Company like this needs to be shut down for good! Even your tech info. number is even a rip!! I can't get service unless I don't accept some kind of offer! Wtf!! I myself have stop buying from these people. It's my poor mom whose having issue with her tablet!

I have had this Coby television for about 2.5 years. For 2.2 years it has been a gamble whether it will turn on or not. The power light sometimes goes out after too many attempts like a password lockout on a website. Also, sometimes when trying to turn the volume down, it will actually turn up - a problem when you have a sleeping baby. :/ This TV is absolute junk. I am so frustrated with this machine and don't have the money laying around to replace it. I feel so ripped off and will NEVER repurchase from this company again and will warn anyone I can to steer clear from any Coby product.

I called a number in their manual; I needed an antenna for my mini stereo. Before the person would connect me to the right dept, he said I'd have to accept an offer they had - giving me a 100 dollar gift card. So I agreed and it cost me 4.95. Then I heard from another person you have to have the Shoppers Advantage before I receive the gift card - it was a very long drawn out thing. They never did connect me with the Parts department. When I called the cancel phone number, all I got was a recording that the call has ended. I will never buy anything from this company again, and will tell all my friends the same. That Shoppers Advantage is a rip off, plus they will charge your credit card every month, 19.95. I finally found a number to call. The person did cancel this problem. Now I have to wait to see if that 4.95 will or will not be on my statement, but I will check it out by phone anyway. Consumers, BEWARE. Thank you.

I purchased this Coby 23.5 for my bedroom in Sept. 2013, the TV works fine until you turn it on, it will not come on until repeatedly turning it off and on several times using the Directv remote and receiver. I tried calling Coby but got some person with a thick accent saying they wanted to send me a 100.00 gift card, after I sent them 3.95 with my credit card, hogwash I hung up on the guy. I just want this TV fixed and nobody can help. Never buy a Coby product people.

Coby TV 24 inch LCD 1080p - I purchased this TV on about 2 years ago. Now it will not turn on and if it does the TV picture is frozen. I paid $224.00 for this TV and I think it should have lasted longer than this. I am very disappointed and will never purchase any Coby electronics again.

They have a recall on a 32in Coby television that the serial number starts with a LG..... Mine does not have any letters in the serial number and my 32in Coby television is getting hot, shuts off when it wants to, won't turn on half the time... Is there a recall on this one? The tv probably doesn't have 75 hrs of use on it.

While we fully support purchasing consumer products in a time wherein we want to support the creation of American jobs not only for all Americans, but for our veterans, I'm asking that you boycott the purchase of all Coby products. Coby is located in the State of New York and within less than two years the coaxial metal line broke on my Coby product and I called to have the product replaced. This was my second telephone call of today to New York to address a product that was covered under an Asurion warranty. I was informed that my request for a replacement product would be denied. To that end, why would we support buying products of Coby let alone have to deal with New York now or in the future my fellow Independents.

I was told by a recording when I called the Coby customer service number (1-800-827-3592) that I should press #1 if I wanted to receive a $100 promotional offer by Coby. Initially I did not press #1 and the phone call was terminated while I was waiting for customer service to pick up. When I called back and pressed #1 a woman with what sounded like an Indian accent spoke with me and offered to send me a $100 certificate as a promotion by Coby. But she needed my credit card number to charge me $3.95 to process the transaction. I refused to give her the information and asked her to send me $96 instead--which she said she couldn't do. Yikes!!!!! Hate these kinds of things going on!

TV does not turn on and off at times with power button. At the present time I have sound without picture. I had this problem previously and thought it was resolved with a new power source cable. However, it has started to do the same thing again. This TV has always had issues!

It's 10-16-14. Reading reviews today I learned for the first time that there had ever been a recall on any Coby products, or that Coby is gone as an electronics company. I was reading reviews as a result of problem turning on my 32 inch Coby TV. Once it is turned on it will stay on, unless there is a power outage. When that happens it takes me pressing the power button repeatedly and then it may take hours of that before it turns on successfully. Guess I am stuck for it.

My Aunt Patricia purchased this Coby TF-DVD TV that never worked from day ONE. It started coming on & off all the time. Now it won't come on at all. The remote never worked. I tried contacting the company in many ways even emailed. No response. Somebody legal wise should be able to do something.

Colby 40" LCD TV - On February 23, 2012, my son purchased the above-mentioned television at HH Gregg in NE Philadelphia. He also purchased an extended "warranty" for the television, which expired as of 2/23/14. The television stopped working on 9/12/14. Reading on the internet I saw an article that indicated first that Coby is no longer in business; and that there was a recall on the 32" Flat Coby television, which customers who owned them may could return them for a refund. I feel that there is a manufacturer's dysfunction with this TV because it just blew out. Some kind of recall needs to be done for this particular TV. It is obvious that Coby products have a defect... Thank you.

So I brought this TV back in February of last year. Everything was fine until a week ago when it just stopped working out of the clear blue. So I get the manual that came with the TV, no such luck. Go online, and what do I find out?! Coby TVs have been recalled. So I try to go online to see if I could get in touch with somebody from that company, again no luck. The company was bought out as well. Next I try to contact the retailer where I made the original purchase. My year warranty expired, so no luck there either. Now I'm sitting here with a TV that don't work. Can't get a replacement or anything. Now I have to go out and buy another TV. What a waste of energy as well as time. I'm so furious right now!

I purchased a Colby 32" LCD Flat screen TV and immediately noticed the sound was not very loud. So I purchased a Colby Portable Cd Player Cxcd380 shelf stereo with auxiliary input. My thoughts and intention was to connect my tv audio to the stereo and play my sound that way. NO SOUND. So, I called the support line and went step by step with a technician with no results. He then sent me a new unit without anything else. Hooked this one up. NO JOY. Does not work at all. We tried step by step instructions with no results. The system is faulty, does not play sound from a tv as it should play sound from any sound input plugged into that auxiliary plug. Don't buy these products.

I purchase a smart TV with Coby Electronics back in February of 2012, and my experience with my TV is it will not come on anymore. You can hear the power click when you either press the power button manually or with the remote control, but nothing else happens with the device. I have read quite a bit of the post that other Customers has written concerning COBY and I am in agreement with them about this former company. I am one of those customers that feel very cheated also to be out of my hard earn money. And very disappointed in the fact that there isn't anything we all can do about the problems as consumers with this former company that just ripped us all off. And American Companies wonder why we prefer foreign electronics over our handmade PRODUCTS here at home. It is a sad day when you can't stand by a American sold product without being scam.

I purchased this COBY 32 inch TV set from HH Gregg for my daughter. The TV only worked a month. When I called the company to complain, they stated it was nothing they could do. I continue to call and the man told me that they would pay only for the part, but I would have to pay the repairman. What sense does that make. It is your TV and it does not work. I still have the TV, because I refuse to get it repaired. I purchased a TV that never worked. I will never buy a product from COBY again. I think HH Gregg needs to check these companies' products before they purchase them and sell it to their consumers. People, please do not buy products from COBY. They recalled one TV back and then I heard they went out of business. Why not recall all of your TV back. THEY DON'T WORK!!!

Coby TV 24 inch lcd 1080p - I purchased this tv on HSN about 3 maybe 4 years ago. Now it will not turn on and if it does the tv picture is frozen. I paid $224.00 for this tv and I think it should have lasted a longer than this. I am very disappointed and will never purchase any Coby electronics again.

I have two Coby TVs and they both are not working properly. I have a 24 inch and a 27 inch. They are 3-5 years old and both have the same problem. It does not turn on with the first try. We have to switch the remote and push the on switch on the TV for more than 5 minutes before the TV comes on. It first happened on my son's TV, so I thought probably because he played video games on it. But now my TV is doing the same thing and I know I don't play video games on it. What is the problem and what can be done to fix it?

I contacted the company where I purchased the TVs from and was told their return policy has run out and I would need to contact Coby. But after reading all of this, looks like I am ** out of luck. There should be something someone could do to help us! Sticking to brands I am familiar with from now on and not order electronics online or from catalogs.

As of June 2013, Coby Electronics closed its doors after a heated dispute over the rights to build a specific type of DVD player that Philips claimed they had patented. After many hours of painful court procedure, Philips won the battle against Coby. Coby was told to pay Philips or they would be liquidated. They were liquidated not because they refused to pay, but due to the lack of sufficient funds. Basically, if you applied your warranty after May 2013, you will not receive any form of return of your device. All warranties as of June 2013 are void.

There seems to be no way of getting any tech support. The website has no way of accessing anything, just a big COBY logo. When you call their phone # you just get a recording that try to sell you a voucher or a medic alert plan. I bought my 32" LCD TV in Nov. of 2011 and now it gets no power. Never buy anything COBY!!!

I sent my tablet back for repair along with money order as they requested after a phone call and email. Have been unable to get any response after almost 1 year of mailing them the above and receiving postal receipt that it was delivered to them. Very unhappy!!!

I bought a Coby Kyros 10.1 tablet in April 2013. It crashed in January 2014. Now I have a tablet that no one will fix and Coby website is shutdown and their phone number is disconnected. They have ended all U.S. support. DO NOT buy any of their products. If you experience any problems, you are left alone with no technical support from the manufacturer. They have abandoned the U.S. consumers.

Purchased a tablet over two years ago, advised by the electronics store to return the tablet directly to Coby as the tablet had a fault. Spoke to agents directly from Coby who advised that I had to resend the tablet along with a USD15.00 money order so my tablet can be replaced and sent to me. Months passed with little or no emails from the establishment, even called their help line. After a few tiring months, tried calling this company again and suddenly no agents answering the phone and a prompt stated the company inbox was full. So after wasting USD200.00 on a tablet that failed under a valid warranty period plus USD15.00, I feel very much cheated by Coby.

I just found out about Coby closing, however I bought my tablet through Fingerhut. They told me to send it to them if I had any more problems & they would replace it. I had purchased a two-year warranty, so you go to the store where you purchased it, find out if the warranty is carried by the store or Coby.

Coby Electronics Company Profile