2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

Bose Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

I was inquiring about purchasing a Bose Soundlink and need information for compatibility of the soundlink micro and the possibility of using it for conference calls. I did not realize that the product was on special. As requested, I used Snapchat but the time I received their response, the special was over. The person on snaptchat told me to call a number he gave me and they could honor the special. The person on the call did want to honor the price even though its is technically their fault. Too bad because I have a lot of bose products and spent a lot of money with them. This time, I will try another company.

Original review: April 23, 2020

On April 20th I purchased a speaker and paid for 1-2 days express delivery (for in stock product); I decided to go the extra mile and pay for express shipping upon seeing that the item is in stock. However, today is April 23, and speaker hasn't even been shipped... I called customer service, they can't give me much info, except for the fact that my order is in progress/processing. Come on, Bose, I was expecting better than this! BTW, the product I purchased cost me close to 1400$... Very disappointing...

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2020

No one is answering anything from Bose! I spend $560 5 days ago, and I don't know where is my order. Is it shipped? Is it prepared? Anything. I use track order. It's not working. Says wrong zip code and I am in Canada (yes I use Bose.ca website). I send message to their Whatsup messaging system. No answer for 2 days, I can't find email address, I call their 1 800 number. It says all tech support is open till 9PM then it cancells my call, I call three times and it says please call during the regular work hours. I am calling at 3PM EST. It should be opened till 9PM on Tuesdays. Huh wow, Bose got good products but with this customer support this company won't survive long. This is nonsense after paying $560 CAD for a headphones I can't even see when it will be shipped and I can't damn ask anyone, 1 star or worse. Sorry. Closed for today.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Sound quality is great but physical quality very poor. I purchased the Bose QC in 2018 and within the first year, the rubber covers started to pull off the main harness. Eventually the covers on both sides which are meant to be stuck on are hanging loose and stretched. To operate the main switch, I have to press the small button under the cover as the cover positioning does not coincide with the switch anymore. Recently even the thin rubber cover at the back of the harness has started to peel off and now hangs loose. I still try and use the product as the sound still works however not in public as it looks highly embarrassing with all all these pieces hanging loose off the harness. Really poor physical quality for such a premium priced product.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I received Bose Sleep Buds as a gift and was originally satisfied with them wholeheartedly as I have been with their other products. But after time they would not charge fully and Bose put out a statement regarding their discontinuation of the Sleep Buds and offering full returns in 6-8 weeks via a check when you went through their system. I did so on December 5, 2019. They received my Sleep Buds December 12, 2019. I did not receive any confirmation as with other legitimate and responsible companies. I did not receive a check in their promised timeframe. I called them and spoke to a customer service representative in the designated Sleep Buds area on February 4, 2020 which claimed a check was sent.

I did not receive any such check, verified they received my Sleep Buds, my name, address and email. She said they would email me my status and another check would be processed and I should receive it in 2 weeks time. Today, February 25, 2020 I still have not received any check from Bose. I called and was told they are back logged and had to give all my information once again. She first said I should get a check by end of this month...well that’s in a couple of days...then she changed her story to me getting a check by mid-March. Before ending the call she says I’ll get the check by end of March! I asked her, "Why as just in this conversation you said end of February and then Mid-March, then end-March, which is it?" Backtracking she said mid-March the latest.

I told her this is unacceptable and absolutely terrible customer service. I then asked to speak to either a supervisor or manager and she then started saying she could not hear me on the phone. I replied with, really please don’t pull this tactic as it’s not acceptable. She gave me another number to call different than the main number...not much help as it’s the same people. I will no longer be purchasing Bose products without an in-store warranty (Best Buy has been great with their policy on any products when needed-rarely, but stand behind their policies with an immediate refund or exchange). If they don’t have a policy available I will go with an alternative brand that does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bose?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had also purchased the sleep buds which I returned 3 times to get new ones as all 3 of these were defective, so when I received the email about the refund on these I was very happy. I called the same day which was October 4th 2019 and received my return label. The sleep buds were shipped out to your company the next day. December 6th, I hadn’t received my refund so I sent an email to support and was informed that the employee was able to see that a check refund #** had already been cleared here on your end last 10/15/2019 amounting to $ 346.49 CAD and was asked for more patience as it would take 3 business days for the update to be relayed to us. So I waited again.

January 21st, I am still waiting for my refund, I send another email and got this response: "We confirmed that a second check was released in 12/9/2019. Since you're located in Canada, the turnaround time for the check to arrive is 6-8 weeks." At this point I cannot believe that believe that I have to wait another 6-8 weeks, but what can I do…. February 12th, no refund yet so I called this time, they say they will confirm by email tomorrow. The next day I get an email, they tell me that they have received confirmation that my 3rd check has been placed on the high urgency list with the Canada team to have this sent out for you this Friday 02/14 by snail mail again, at this point I am running low on patience with all of these excuses.. Oddly this check I received on Tuesday February 18th which is 4 days after being mailed. So in conclusion my 2 previous checks were never sent out to me, wow nice work Bose.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

A refund for the failed Bose sleepbuds was requested in October of 2019. Bose confirmed that they received the shipment of the original product and the refund was processed, sent and should received within 6 weeks. Within that period, no update was provided to the customer regarding the status of the refund. Repeated attempts to contact customer service was met with the same instructions that no update was available. Once the 6 week period was up, customer service was informed that the check was never received and they attempted to issue another check, once again, requesting the customer wait another 6 weeks. This period then expired in early January of 2020.

Again, repeated attempts to contact customer service were met with the same instructions that no update was available. The complaint was escalated to upper level management who only informed the customer that the finance division had already sent out the check, and that no further information was available. The customer informed Bose that they would be happy to accept alternate methods of payment, including PayPal, Venmo, and direct routing transfers. However, Bose responded saying they could only send the refund via check, and that the customer should wait an additional 6 weeks with no further update.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Had bought my Bose QuietControl QC 30 ii in Dec 2017 and due to some software upgrade the headset stopped working in Sept 2019. We contacted the bose customer care and distributor and gave the headset twice for the software upgrade. The bose headset, despite the rubber cover in collar had sagged, was working very fine before the software upgrade. On giving to Bose customer care for the software upgrade, they returned it saying the hardware is not functional. The device just worked fine before the upgrade - what just happened than it's a waste of my money. The Bose is offering a 25% discount voucher for new purchases against this device but is not willing to repair.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Bose products are awesome but if you buying make sure you don’t care about how much time it takes to ship and make sure you won’t be returning it. I bought headphones as a Christmas present, on the website it said it would ship in 3 days and after calling customer service they told me it would take about 15 days to get it. Tried to cancel the order (same day it was placed) and they told me I would have to wait for it to ship and I would get my refund in about 5 days after they ship, so I did that and order a new pair with expedite shipping. It has been over a month, and I haven’t been refunded, I have chat with customer service several time. They suck, I’m seriously not buying any Bose product online EVER AGAIN. Customer service just waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

CD player quit working one year after purchase. There are friends of mine who have the same problem. BOSE says ship it on my dime and average repair could be $100. Do yourself a favor buy a Sony boom box, more reliable and much better sound. BOSE, not worth the hype.

Bose Company Information