Apex Digital

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased an Apex TV on August 11, 2016 from the Red Apple in Armstrong, BC and when I got home and unpacked the TV there was no Remote. A neighbor set up the TV for me with my Shaw remote, but I had to turn it on and off and use the volume manually using buttons on the side. I phoned the Apex support and they were no help to me and I could not understand them. I thought I was speaking to someone in India!! I returned this TV yesterday and purchased a Toshiba 32 inch from Best Buy.

I purchased a 46 in hd-tv in 2012. 1yr later the screen went dead. That's right 1yr and 10 days. I contacted Apex and they agreed to fix it if I shipped it to them, so I did ($70 later). So I got it back approx. May of 2013. In Nov of 2015 it died again. So I took it to a repair shop. They could not locate the part to purchase ($30 later). I called Apex and they said there is nothing they can do. I called again to California to speak to the head of customer service and he told me that it would be over $400 to fix it! I asked about buying the part. I had the number of it and I could not buy it. Basically, I bought a disposable tv. Apex was rude and curt, and they sell crap! I will always say the worst things about them after my experience I had. Shame on them.

I think these have bad IR sensors. I bought a second remote to test it. At one time it worked some of the time but now remote or Comcast remote- both don't work to turn on the tv- but it does change the channels. But that is more about the Comcast box than APEX. Similar to Mark in Sac review- To replace the IR sensor in the tv makes no sense with prices going down daily.

Bought one of Apex's 32" HDTVs on sale at Target back in late 2009. It's been a great TV except for about a year and a half ago (sometime in late 2014), the remote sensor quit working. My DirecTV remote wouldn't work with it anymore (DirecTV box responds as usual), the Apex TV remote that came with it wouldn't work with the TV anymore either. Tried to program one of the other DirecTV remotes in the house with it... no go. It's like the remote sensor just up and died one day.

I have to turn the TV on/off and change the volume/input channels with the buttons on the side which doesn't bother me too much because I don't use my TV a whole lot but it is kind of a pain. Other than that issue, it still works great. The only reason I still have it/use it is because of all the inputs it's got (3 HDMI, VGA/ audio, 2 component, 2 composite, S-video). Can't find even half of those on any TVs that are made now! Overall, I have gotten good use out of this product and other than the sensor, haven't had any problems. Pretty satisfied with my experience. Just wanted to put this issue out there because I haven't seen anyone else who's had this same problem with an Apex TV.

The picture quality is great and it was a good price for the size. The only thing I don't really care for is that it never seems to be loud enough. Even turned up to 70 sometimes I can't hear quiet parts of a movie. I don't know if it's the tv itself or the fact that I have vaulted ceilings. I am considering purchasing a sound bar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apex Digital?

Apex is a very good brand of TV. I got it a couple of years ago from Target on a sale. The picture is very clear and the sound is great. For the price I paid for I can say that I really got a very good flat screen TV. I have had no problems with it so far.

I've owned one traditional 27" Apex color TV w/ no problems for over ten years. I own Apex LD4068 TV over 3 yrs now and love it. Buy an APEX LD TV, excellent brand w/ good deal. Buy thru Web Order at Walmart site & p/up - in store overpriced.

Two years ago on Black Friday we purchased an Apex Digital TV from Kohl's. A couple of weeks ago the screen went black, so we turned it off and back on again. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and now it's black and stayed that way. Now I find we are not the only ones with this problem.

We've had this Apex TV just under a year. It wont turn on. The TV is in a spare room and is used infrequently. All recommended troubleshooting methods were tried and failed. This is the first Apex TV I've owned. I have never had any problems with any other TV I've own. Sony, Panasonic, Phillips, and the three Vizio we now have all work as advertised. I found after some research that Apex apparently while inexpensive are junk. And the problem we had is the norm.

I too purchased an Apex television two years ago this month at Khol's on Black Friday. Three weeks ago the screen went completely black, though the sound was still there. I unplugged it to reset it and it worked fine. But shortly thereafter, the same problem happened and this time unplugging it didn't work. I now have a constant black screen with sound. Yay for me!!! I thought I was getting a great deal, but this has been a total waste of money. From this point on I will be sure to read reviews before making a purchase such as this one. I must add that the TV was placed in one spot two years ago, never moved or dropped.

My digital converter box work but remote doesn't. Put in new batteries, still nothing. Help.

I purchased a APEX digital LCD HDTV 32" inch about a year and a half ago but just recently I starting having issues with the TV turning on. I did some troubleshooting by unplugging the TV and plugging it back into the power outlet but unfortunately the troubleshooting no longer works to resolve my TV issues. I'm very disappointed with my APEX TV purchase!!! I have 3 other digital TVs in my home that are at least 2-4 years old and I've never had any problems or issues due to "not turning on." I'll definitely never purchase a APEX TV again and I caution all consumers to do the same!!!

Have had the tv for a while, maybe a year and a half. The screen went dark. Contacted tech support and was told how to fix it. Unplug power for 30 sec to 1 min. then push and hold the power button on the tv and hold for 40 sec. plug-in and turn on. Worked for about a month doing the same thing and tried again the above with no success.

The TV went out. The sound works, but there is not a picture. I guess is what you get when you have these insane trade policies.

I got a lcd tv of theirs a few years back and it is fantastic. Picture quality is great, sound is really good, and colors were really vibrant. The only issue was that my power supply died on me but that's a common issue for tvs. I also got a dvd player of theirs over ten years ago and still works like the day I got it.

We bought the Apex TV less than 2 years ago. It was working fine then one day it wouldn't turn on. After unplugging and plugging it back in, I got it to turn on and it worked fine for a while. Less than a week later it wouldn't turn on. I bought it at Target and it is out of warranty. I find it very frustrating that the American Public is sold such poor quality products. What is the harm to design a TV that works? What was saved during manufacturing was a couple of cents. What it cost me is $400 for a new TV. This time I bought the 5 year extended warranty. I know it is expensive, but my peace of mind is worth it. Best of all, I took the back cover of the now broken TV. There are two circuit boards that anyone can change with a screwdriver. Every electric connection is a plug connector. I am waiting to hear from a parts supplier if they can suggest which circuit board may be the cause. One sell for only $65.00.

My experience is the same as Gregory Of Greensboro.. Ours just went black last night for no apparent reason. We also bought it from Kohl's on Black Friday 1 1/2 years ago.

My wife and I purchased this 32 in Apex flat screen TV the black Friday before last. This TV has never been moved, bumped, dropped, nothing. Less than 2 years old and last night the screen went black. After unplugging the power to see if it might reset, now there's no sound. I've never seen a TV die this quickly. Trying to locate the receipt but it's probably too late for the warranty and I doubt we will find the receipt. I can only hope the store will do something for us. We bought it at Kohl's but without the receipt there probably isn't much they can do. I'm fairly sure we paid cash so I'm stuck. Please don't buy this brand. If you do, please keep your receipt. This is the single worst TV I've ever purchased. Will not touch Apex again.

Converter box dt502 - My box just stop working, it was not used frequently! I called 4 numbers trying to resolved this to no satisfaction! The numbers on the manual lead to telemarketing for all kinds of promotions!! Vacations, home alerts are just a few!!! Arrrr!

Working fine and I turned off the TV by the remote control. When I turned the TV back on, the TV works but the converter box has the green light on and signal but blank on the TV screen. Same thing happened to my other one, but we bought a new digital TV and didn't need a converter box anymore, so I threw it out when I got rid of my old TV at the dump.

I purchased a 36" Apex Digital flat screen TV about 2 1/2 years ago. About 2 months after I bought it, a couple buttons on the remote stopped working and the only thing they would do was turn the volume up. I have never been able to program my DirecTV satellite remote to the TV because none of the codes work. About 9 months after purchase the DVD player began making a loud noise when in use that is disturbing and very distracting when trying to watch a movie. A month ago the power button on the TV broke and had to be jiggled to attempt to get the TV to turn on. I had to use the power button on the TV since the one on the remote now ONLY changes the sleep timer, this goes for the Enter button as well. And as of tonight the only thing the screen will show is a channel search that ends up saying there are zero channels found so I am unable to watch anything at all. I am VERY VERY dissatisfied with this brand, as I have 4 other TVs in my house that are older than this one and have NO problems with them at all! I will NEVER purchase another Apex product again!

40 inch lcd apex - I purchased one a year ago and all a sudden no power. It will not come on or anything - garbage. I mean they need to fix stuff like this or give us a new TV. I mean this is a little out of hand. My TV has never been dropped, been on my wall since day one. Came in tonight to turn it on, nothing at all. Sad but maybe they will fix mine.

Power light stay on RED and cannot turn ON the converter and therefore the analog TV does not work - there is TV static because it cannot recognize a digital signal. I solved the problem and now it works. Unfortunately it's beyond the ability of most consumers to repair this. The problem was two (2) 470uf 16v capacitors that had blown. These capacitors are needed to start the device. I replaced them in an hour or so with 470uf 35v caps at 39 cents each plus shipping. You can tell the caps are blown by the bulging tops - they should be flat.

A handy person with the proper tools should be able to fix this. Now my analog TV works again - hurray!! I believe that the company might be using marginal caps (16v) and within a short time turning on/off they blow. That's why I used a higher voltage (35v) cap - but you must use the same size cap (mine were 470uf). WARNING! Be careful when working with capacitors as they might have charge on them and could seriously hurt you. This worked for me and may not work for you and following this advice is completely at your risk. Hope this helps.

I bought an APEX 32 inch LED TV in late November 2013. One month later (early Jan 2014), the picture went out. There were just vertical stripes of color instead of a picture. After calling customer service twice and sending two emails (I had to send picture to PROVE that my TV was broken), I was finally told that I could have a claim on the warranty. But the customer service rep (who I could barely understand) told me that I had to pack up the TV and ship it to California. That shipping costs $40!! When I told the rep that APEX needed to reimburse me for the outrageous shipping fee, he told me to send two more emails ASKING if that was ok...

Summary: I was sold a faulty product that only worked for one month. When I went to claim a warranty, I needed to pay $40 in *the cheapest* shipping costs. I was told it will take 2 weeks to fix the TV once they get it. So I will be without a TV for about 4 weeks (counting the horrible shipping times). I called the company and told them to cancel my claim on the warranty. I also told them that their customer service AND products are ludicrously faulty. Finally, I let them know that I will be returning the TV (thankfully the retailer said they would happily return it for me), and I will NEVER buy APEX digital again!!

Apex DT250 converter - I bought this unit mainly for weather information. The unit worked just okay as the digital picture most of the time had those annoying digital dead blocks. After purchase, it was put on a shelf until just this February when this year's storm season was approaching in the south. It lasted until July 5th when it will no longer power on. Only a red light no matter what is physically pushed or using stock remote. For what I paid for this unit, it should last more than just 5 months of powered use. What trash for my hard earned dollar! Come on, Apex, make the known issue right by fixing/replacing these trash boxes.

I called customer service phone number. I was treated rudely by people who I could not understand because of their accent. I asked for a supervisor, was put on hold and disconnected. I called back and was treated rudely by the supervisor. Nothing was fixed.

Purchased about a year ago or so and it STOPPED WORKING ALTOGETHER!!! Fed up with cheaply made thrown together plastic crap... We shouldn't have to keep paying for this kind of items that give out after a year!! Some depend on it for weather and warning, as well as other things.

Remote not working. I have read all the difficulties people are having and the same problem has now occurred on mine. I do not have the know-how to take the machine apart so I am without the option of fixing it. I too believe this box was thrown together to get in on the rebate from the government and thus, the shoddy workmanship. I would like Apex to stand by their equipment and reissue a real working converter. People here use their VS for weather alerts, school closings, etc. and to. Or have this available handicaps our communities.

I am disgusted with the government about making us get converter boxes. What crap. They don't work. I don't understand why more people don't complain about being told they had to purchase these pieces of junk. Count me in if there is a lawsuit. Heck, I may start my own. Anyone wants to join in?

Apex digital converter box DT250 is junk. I received the red light on my box and it will not turn on. This item has been junk since I bought it from TigerDirect. This converter box is junk! Customer Support is junk!

Apex Digital Company Profile