1.71/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Apex Digital Reviews

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have a 46 in LCD TV from Apex, that I bought back in 2010 from Target, and still working like when I took it out of the box. Front facing speakers, Surround sound is really loud, no need for a sound bar, and good picture.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Digital Converter DT250A - I purchased 2 boxes at the time of the insertion of the digital TV. The product failed to operate a couple of times. I opened the controls, cleaned them and operated efficiently. Years have gone by and I need 2 boxes again, because I still have the old television encrusted in furniture where they fit perfectly. The actual TV sizes are not 27 or 36, which is what I have. I just returned a new TV because it did fit in the space of the furniture. I decided to buy again the 2 digital converter. Please, send a location where I can find only new converter boxes. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have a APEX HD 32in LCD TV Model LE 3242. I went to turn it on, no response. The TV is less than two years old, and will not turn on. My next step will be the company, I don't think I will get much help. Always know who the maker of your TV when dealing with an off brand like APEX.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Apex flat screen tv - The sound went out in the tv so we called the Apex customer support number to get help with troubleshooting. They tell us that this isn't their tv even though it says APEX right on the front of our tv. That it was made by a company under them named KCPI who has gone out of business and there is nothing we can do. Why would a company allow their name on a product if it isn't theirs.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I bought my Apex flat screen at Kohl's about 3-4 years ago. Hadn't had any problems till now. The screen is black and I only have sound. Very upset. It didn't last longer than this. My dad has a TV that is over 20 years old and still works perfect. Sounds like this is common with Apex. Don't buy this brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apex Digital?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I purchased an Apex TV on August 11, 2016 from the Red Apple in Armstrong, BC and when I got home and unpacked the TV there was no Remote. A neighbor set up the TV for me with my Shaw remote, but I had to turn it on and off and use the volume manually using buttons on the side. I phoned the Apex support and they were no help to me and I could not understand them. I thought I was speaking to someone in India!! I returned this TV yesterday and purchased a Toshiba 32 inch from Best Buy.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

I purchased a 46 in hd-tv in 2012. 1yr later the screen went dead. That's right 1yr and 10 days. I contacted Apex and they agreed to fix it if I shipped it to them, so I did ($70 later). So I got it back approx. May of 2013. In Nov of 2015 it died again. So I took it to a repair shop. They could not locate the part to purchase ($30 later). I called Apex and they said there is nothing they can do. I called again to California to speak to the head of customer service and he told me that it would be over $400 to fix it! I asked about buying the part. I had the number of it and I could not buy it. Basically, I bought a disposable tv. Apex was rude and curt, and they sell crap! I will always say the worst things about them after my experience I had. Shame on them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

I think these have bad IR sensors. I bought a second remote to test it. At one time it worked some of the time but now remote or Comcast remote- both don't work to turn on the tv- but it does change the channels. But that is more about the Comcast box than APEX. Similar to Mark in Sac review- To replace the IR sensor in the tv makes no sense with prices going down daily.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Bought one of Apex's 32" HDTVs on sale at Target back in late 2009. It's been a great TV except for about a year and a half ago (sometime in late 2014), the remote sensor quit working. My DirecTV remote wouldn't work with it anymore (DirecTV box responds as usual), the Apex TV remote that came with it wouldn't work with the TV anymore either. Tried to program one of the other DirecTV remotes in the house with it... no go. It's like the remote sensor just up and died one day.

I have to turn the TV on/off and change the volume/input channels with the buttons on the side which doesn't bother me too much because I don't use my TV a whole lot but it is kind of a pain. Other than that issue, it still works great. The only reason I still have it/use it is because of all the inputs it's got (3 HDMI, VGA/ audio, 2 component, 2 composite, S-video). Can't find even half of those on any TVs that are made now! Overall, I have gotten good use out of this product and other than the sensor, haven't had any problems. Pretty satisfied with my experience. Just wanted to put this issue out there because I haven't seen anyone else who's had this same problem with an Apex TV.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

The picture quality is great and it was a good price for the size. The only thing I don't really care for is that it never seems to be loud enough. Even turned up to 70 sometimes I can't hear quiet parts of a movie. I don't know if it's the tv itself or the fact that I have vaulted ceilings. I am considering purchasing a sound bar.

Apex Digital Company Information