4.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Amazon Echo

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 4, 2018

42 Amazon Echo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I initially bought this as a wireless speaker. When I got it I had no idea what I had and was preparing to send it back. I then decided to check it out and man am I glad I did. It's capable of doing far more than I will ever use it for. I use it to control a couple of lights, play music and answer questions. The music is the amazing thing. The sound is amazing. I would compare it to a Bose quality all day long. I now can't imagine life without it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have the Echo Dot and for the few things I do on it, set appointments, use timers, use alarms, set grocery list to sync with my phone, play music it is great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have a Echo remote and I like it the way it goes straight to your request and the clear quality sound when it respond back. This is best thing ever invented.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

The Echo is great but you do have to work with it on what you what it to do or play but it does give you some nice choices to choose from. The price was great.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The Echo is useful for things like spelling, some questions and other interesting functions. It doesn't answer what we think are more simple questions, but more than makes up that short fall in the sound for music and all the range of music it plays. I know it will grow and 'learn'. We are going to upgrade to the video Echo as soon as the price drops.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Echo?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I use Alexa as my sole music provider and to control my home automation products. If I ask a question, I use Google Home. I have 3 Alexa machines in one home, and 2 in my second home. I no longer have an alarm clock, kitchen timers, dedicated sound equipment, written books, or a newspaper... all have been replaced by Alexa.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

A good device for the whole family. I used it every day. Play games, check the weather anywhere and when rushed, I want to know the exact time instead of looking for the clock in another room.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I did a lot of research on the Echo and I love it, I wake up in the morning and ask for the news and weather, Alexa will tell me. It is well worth the money. I also have a Oontz Angle 3 speaker, I put that on the deck. I am a Amazon Prime member so I get free music but I purchased Amazon Unlimited because on Amazon Tuesday it was .99 for 3 months. I am very happy with the echo. If you want echo to play a song just tell it the name and singer, she will find it. Once I got a reply that it was confused. I was saying the wrong singer, it told me the right singer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My first experience with Z Smart speaker, and it is like using a computer in stand by all of the time. I encountered a few snags when searching music but it was simply a preference based off the Amazon programming protocols. I'm interested to see if I can manipulate the settings to change this. I'll definitely recommend this product with accolades to my close family and friends. Today I'll buy one for my boyfriend. I know he will be excited!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Fantastic sound from both Alexa products. Easy set up. Instant uncanny response to questions on various subjects. Easily portable within wifi site, and easy to relocate.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Helpful, logical assistant with the things needed to know at any given point of our day. Simplicity and very unique and excellence in knowledge of those who make it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The Amazon Echo is really a great product. I like the updates that it receives to make it more intuitive. It is a very easy product to use and I enjoy relying on it to help me stay organized.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My biggest concern is that every time there is a Windows update the ECHO stops working. My other programs don't do this. I have to mess with this issue all the time.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I use Alexa to get my morning joke and news briefs. I also ask her questions before I Google a subject. I know there are a lot more things I can do with Alexa but I need to set more up. My grandson plays games on it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Amazon Echo is the only device I've tried so I can't compare it to the others. I mainly use it for music. The sound quality is excellent considering how small it is.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I can move the speaker with me around the house or take it to a friend's home. It's a nice speaker and not too large and very compact to store. Thank you Amazon for this product.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I've enjoyed everything I can do with my Amazon Echo. From hearing about the weather, to playing "Jeopardy," to keeping grocery lists and functioning as a kitchen timer, it's amazing!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Amazon Echo is a great piece of equipment and we use it all of the time. It was also well worth the cost. It performs great and we are very happy with our purchase.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I find Amazon Echo doesn't know a lot but it can sure order stuff quickly. Good updates on news but don't think I'm using it as much now as I did when I bought it. And I don't want to Amazon extra money to have music services.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I wondered if I would really use it that much, so I started off with one and after a couple of weeks, there was another, then another, and so forth. I have a number of the different models throughout my home and they are used all day long. I use them to turn on and off the lights, see who is at the door, tell me the weather and news, play my music, and so much more. I use them to converse with family members in other states and also to leave them messages. Amazon Echo is fantastic. I look forward to seeing what Amazon is going to do next with Echo. Also, don't be afraid to experiment with Alexa, she will let you know if she doesn't understand.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We are really very pleased with the Alexa. It works as advertised, is easy to set up and start using, and the sound quality is great. Connects to your Amazon Prime account as well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

You have to ask the question in the exact match to the database otherwise Alexa won't know what you're talking about. If I have a printout it's helpful. Otherwise I just ask Siri.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I really enjoy the Echo. It is easy to use & the sound quality is very good. I use it at night for music to go to sleep by. And it's also great when answering questions.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Amazon Echo's convenient, has amazing recognition, simple setup, takes little room, does not clutter up the counters, recognizes multiple people, plenty of volume, and responds quickly.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

This is an awesome product that comes in black and white speakers. It has a very very good bass sound and generally will cover an entire area. This would be one thing that I would recommend to other consumers.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I find that Alexa is not (smart), nothing like Google's as it cannot answer basic questions on subjects outside of its limited scope. You must also speak to Alexa in precise format. I regret the purchase and have since ordered Google home.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have two Echo Dots. Like them. Use them for music and to listen to radio. Speakers are fine. Very, very easy to use. Price was very good and I got both on sale prices.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

While I'm considered a gadget guy by most of my friends and these smart speakers seem to be all the rage, or their makers want them to be, I'm not convinced I'm ready to pony up to purchase the remaining gadgets that I'm being told I need to have to complete my smart home. The Echo is simple enough but I rarely use it and haven't taken the time to memorize all the commands I need to know or even taken the time to have it do what it does besides tell me the weather forecast. I don't have the time.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Truly helpful device. Have it setup to control lights, thermostat and other devices around the house. We also stream music, news, ask questions for our kids' homework and set timers all the time.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I love the Echo. There was little confusion, maximum assistance. Alexa learns something new each week. Looking forward to expanding its use and creating our total smart home.

Amazon Echo Company Information

www.amazon.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use