2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.12/5

Amazon Echo Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

Flash briefing is great. l love my selection. My great criticism is that concerning the sound level of the BBC news it is so quiet l can hardly hear it, l am aware that l can adjust the sound level on my units but this is very frustrating. Can you possibly increase the sound level so ALL stations are all on the same sound level. Best regards, Alan.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We like our Amazon Echo and have used it a lot; more in the beginning than we do now. Have to look at the new skills to see what we could be enjoying.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Alexa gets a lot wrong. Mind you it could be my accent but when asking her to play something she gets it wrong or doesn't know a lot. Speakers great...generally great. Needs constant updating I feel.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I love Alexa because she can play music if I asked to and she also help me to get up early in the morning for work so I can be there on time. And she very good assistant. I really enjoy listening to Alexa on the go.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Amazon sucks. I returned this item 3 weeks ago and they have untrusted employees working for them. I can not get my refund because some untrusted employee has not scanned my return that is at their fulfillment center. For my refund I have talked to 15 un-English speaking people from the Philippines who keep telling me the same thing over and over 3 weeks 4 investigations tickets and still no answer or refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Echo?

Resolution response: July 16, 2019

The company has fixed the issue. Thank you!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a problem with Alexa response in regards to identity of Jesus. He is not a mystical character! Your answer is insulting to many Christians. You could come up with a better answer such as "Jesus is the God of the Christians." I will refrain from buying products from Amazon until this is changed.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The Echo Show parses voice commands slowly. When bought this, it worked great. Now after 2 years Alexa doesn't process the usual commands well. Most of the time I get the response as, "Sorry I am not sure." This is frustrating. Even after I raise my voice to say the basic commands. Also I noticed this activates voice command even when I don't say the wake word.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I HAVE tries all the "corrective options" and it refuses to stream without interrupts. Better to stream on my PC, which is a little farther away from the router. The router is in the same room and about 6 feet away from the AES (Alexa Echo Show). I would not buy another one, I'd rather use the Google one, which has no streaming interrupts.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I contacted Amazon Echo support. They accessed my iMac and said 13 illegal users were on WiFi viewing my files and pictures. They tried to sell me service to clean my iMac & a router protection. They said they needed 4 hours access to my iMac. I contacted AppleCare who reviewed my iMac and said, There are no illegal users on my system/WiFi. I said I would call them back at 844-324-0334. I didn't call.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I tried to activate storytime mode. I put it in my email and password but that's not good enough. It asked me for my CCV number on my credit card to verify that I'm 18 which I feel is irrelevant if I have my email and password. My credit card just expired so it won't accept my numbers off my card and wants me to enter a new credit card number just to enable a free so-called storytelling app. This is crap. Alexa is ignorant. Buy Google Home. These people cannot and will not troubleshoot anything with you over the phone. It can only be done by remote access from people in India.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Amazon Echo Company Information