4.0/5 (153 ratings)

About Amazon Echo

Amazon Echo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Echo?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I spent two days trying to get Echo connected to WiFi but the Alexa app failed to find. Then with GREAT frustration I used chat for help which they called me on the phone. They also failed to connect. Then she said further help would cost me $90.00. I told her that this price was not on the box up front and was unfair. "Lady, you're not getting a penny out of me to reward you to do this crooked thing." I told her if I reward you then this infection of greed would spread. I never thundered at her but my words were like gentle rains in hopes she grow tired of being a part of organized thieves and break off. Then I broke off connection.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Alexa is more problematic than helpful. Alexa is always losing connectivity. I have the best wifi money can buy and none of my other wifi devices are having issues. At least once a week, I have to reset the whole system. I have an Echo, 3 dots, 6 bulbs, and a thermostat. I wish I had never bought it. The more I integrated the worst Alexa got.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

October 13, 2022 about 11:35 pm, all our Alexa devices went down for about a minute or two. We tried to reset our Echos, ie; go through app to link up, etc. etc., but nothing worked. Amazon wanted to access our wifi itself with a code, which we fully declined. So, the Echo set up stage stayed orange for about 30 minutes. Checked the mobile app again, which claimed that *app said 'devices were on" which was clearly incorrect. By the way, when seeking a fix for the situation, 99 percent of any online search, on Amazon website or Google, was making you check and recheck your wifi connection - with precious little Real help. Anyway, we sat down, planning on just throwing them out, when Echo finally turned blue responded saying, This device is ready.

What I did not like over the past year, Alexa would say something weird and in a weird voice. Our whole family heard it more than once. We now have confirmation, by Amazon, that this company is and has been listening to all of us - all the time...as of a several months back (found the info online). PS if you go on into your Amazon account, there is a tab (delete voice recordings) that "allows" you to delete your recorded conversations. You don't get to see what was recorded - interesting.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Amazon has stated that after the 8th, Alexa devices will be listening ALL the time. They say it's to teach ALEXA of our speech better, but we know that's a load. My entire family is throwing out all Alexa devices, and we're deleting our Amazon accounts and it's high time we fought back for our rights. We're going ROKU.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Good experience. Easy way to download Alexa app and Alexa setup. Also, download the Alexa app for Echo Dot Setup. You will get all information regarding the Alexa app by visiting here ** or For Instant, help call at +1-844-239-8999.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I had ordered a package fairly large. Cost of just under $200. It was left at my door. The package look like it was in a train wreck. The box was obliterated. The product was held together inside with scotch tape. I checked the item. There was minimal damage which I paid for something with no damage. Found out parts were missing. I was on the Amazon website. Took forever to find contacting customer service. The problem is how would I return this item. UPS dropped it off in a trash condition but would not return it in a trash condition. It should not be my responsibility to build them a new box to ship their stuff back. After many phone calls emails. UPS was more accessible than Amazon.com. I still have not heard a word from them yet. I will be taking more of my business elsewhere. I guess that Is why you pay a couple dollars more.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Amazon sucks. I returned this item 3 weeks ago and they have untrusted employees working for them. I can not get my refund because some untrusted employee has not scanned my return that is at their fulfillment center. For my refund I have talked to 15 un-English speaking people from the Philippines who keep telling me the same thing over and over 3 weeks 4 investigations tickets and still no answer or refund.

Resolution response: July 16, 2019

The company has fixed the issue. Thank you!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a problem with Alexa response in regards to identity of Jesus. He is not a mystical character! Your answer is insulting to many Christians. You could come up with a better answer such as "Jesus is the God of the Christians." I will refrain from buying products from Amazon until this is changed.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The Echo Show parses voice commands slowly. When bought this, it worked great. Now after 2 years Alexa doesn't process the usual commands well. Most of the time I get the response as, "Sorry I am not sure." This is frustrating. Even after I raise my voice to say the basic commands. Also I noticed this activates voice command even when I don't say the wake word.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Flash briefing is great. l love my selection. My great criticism is that concerning the sound level of the BBC news it is so quiet l can hardly hear it, l am aware that l can adjust the sound level on my units but this is very frustrating. Can you possibly increase the sound level so ALL stations are all on the same sound level. Best regards, Alan.

Amazon Echo Company Information