Sportcraft

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just bought this canopy today and cannot get the center to stay up. I finally had to jam a post in the center to get the fabric to stay taut. Shouldn't there be a clip or snap or something to hold it up?

I bought it and rarely used it... Then finally I took it down to the beach and the wheel bowed in!! I took it back to Kmart, got massive attitude from clerk and basically was forced to throw it away. She said because I lost my receipt she wasn't able to exchange or help me!!! It still even had that awful canvas smell... I will never buy from Kmart or buy Sportcraft again.... MAHALO FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

I purchased a sportcraft folding canopy wagon approx. 3 weeks ago, from my local Kmart that is closing its store here. I have only used this wagon a few times and now the handle is broken, and the front cross bar broke last night. I am disabled and I live on the fifth floor of a condo and need this for carrying up items on the elevator. I have tried in every way to track this company down. Kmart led me to Customer support service.com, and 1-800-526-0244. I am still unable to reach them. The item # is 089W004914770001P, and the model # is 6000023. Can you help me to resolve this problem?

We were given a gift at the holidays, soft tip sky darts (lawn game) 1-1-03-761 KM, and we opened it and played three games. One of the darts broke right at the base. This was a disappointment.

No Replacement Parts, Company Out of Business: I was trying to order a replacement part for my TX 7.0A treadmill; 1 hour on hold. The company site doesn’t work. I found a local number for the company and called it. It says the company is bankrupt. Great! Why do they still have a call center for customer service? Why doesn’t their website state this?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sportcraft?

I got our family a family Christmas gift, a Sportcraft foosball table that literally lasted two weeks from assembly to it becoming bits and pieces. The company's website has been under construction forever and I have written to every executive I found contact info for. No response! Voicemails and more, and am still being ignored!

See letter for more details: "I am sorry to bother any of you as I am aware of how busy your lives must be and how a simple consumer isn't what fills your day, but bigger and better things. But I was a bit frustrated with my most recent purchase of a Sportcraft foosball table but have encountered a wall while trying to reach your company over and over again by now leaving me with a very poor image of Sportcraft. Not only is your website under construction and has been for over a month, but now I cannot get a simple email to reach Mr. Nally. I trust at least one of you can help me. And please be aware I do have the pictures but am not attaching them to try to avoid errors.

Original message: "I am writing to you very frustrated with the quality of Sportcraft's products. The last two years have been horrible for our family and this last Christmas, we pulled together and got a foosball table my kids have been wanting. We definitely thought this could be the breaking point for us to have fun together and not think about all the things we used to be able to do when both my husband and I had jobs, but to focus on the blessing of having our family together through all the trials and tribulations we have lived so far. Just assembling it was a "family project" on its own and then the fun begun, or so we thought. Not even two weeks of seldom use and we began to see that the metal rods that hold the players together are not all that straight, but thought maybe we were wrong. Well, by a week later, one of the sides had fallen apart!

"Absurd as it may sound, a table that cost us almost $200 was ready to go in the trash before I had even registered the product! I proceeded to go online and for a month, the website has been under construction. Really? I am sorry to be so frustrated but this is just not what we expected when we pulled in together to get a family Christmas gift. We could have spent a lot less and enjoyed it longer. We just wanted something that would last and I still believe Sportcraft will stand behind its product. Please understand it's nothing personal. As a mom, I want the best for my kids and I thought that was what I was getting. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter and do no hesitate to contact me on my mobile, (512) ** anytime!"

I've had numerous issues with my Sportcraft 7.0 since I've had it slipping, the fan broke, pieces falling off. My treadmill was not a coat rack as I used it regularly. I've called many, many times and can never get anyone on the phone. I went to the www.sportcraft.com to order parts only to get rerouted. This is very frustrating and time consuming. I'm sorry I wasted my money on this thing, but they will never get anymore.

I called Sportcraft on 3/31/11 about a recall on my treadmill model tx440 hmr. Sportcraft told me if I send in my power cord I will be sent a check for the amount of $237.97. I sent in the power cord and I also confirmed the cord arrived. Sportcraft then told me on 4/8/11 that I was approved and that the check will arrive in 4-6 weeks. It has been over 6 weeks and every time I call Sportcraft about the check, they give me another reason why it hasn't come in the mail.

I bought a Sportcraft treadmill 5.0 and now, it runs for approximately 5 seconds and then shuts off. I haven't even gotten to use it much before it started this. I am waiting for them to call me back, still. I hate the fact that they can get by with selling crappy equipment and get by with whatever the results are. If anyone is smart, they will avoid a Sportcraft model.

This product is a children's catch-and-throw velcro mitt with tennis ball. The tag has a warning stating: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. How is it possible for a toy for children to be sold knowing this? How is that safe? I am so glad I am a label reader. Too bad I read it after I opened it and handed it over to my children. I promptly took it away and put it out of reach outside.

I purchased a Sportcraft Treadmill Tredex 6.0 in December of 2005. I did send in my registration, even though they say they don't have it on file. I, however, did not use the treadmill very much until recently. At that time, my husband was walking along at a comfortable pace of 3.5 miles per hour, and all of a sudden, he was thrown from the treadmill as it accelerated to 10 mph. I looked online to see if I could find what happened and I saw a recall for this exact thing. When I contacted the company, they said that they were out of the replacement part and would send me about $40.00 for the treadmill. This treadmill cost over $500.00 when we purchased it and they have a faulty part, that is very dangerous and they are going to send me $40.00. Is there absolutely anything that I can do?

They do not answer emails or phone calls. I purchased a TX 7.0 treadmill in August 2008 in Wenatchee from Big 5. I use it daily, so it is not a coat rack. I recently developed a slipping sensation - like slipping on a banana peel. We have regularly adjusted the belt and oiled the machine as instructed. I cannot use the treadmill without a death grip because I would fall - I am now not using it at all. If I had done the research, I would have avoided purchasing this machine. I am afraid that if this happens to someone else, they could be severely injured. I'm thinking if I am not the only consumer with this problem, they may need another recall. You are left on hold if you call. Disconnect happens often, and I've had no response to emails. Frustration is mounting. Thanks for listening.

I purchased a TX390N treadmill from Canadian Tire (Serial Number CGA 0600152 - Model 3-1-04-038) in October 2007 and had an accident with it on July 15, 2007. I was preparing to do some interval training and increased the speed to 8.5 (from 4.0). I was running for only about 15 seconds when the treadmill stopped abruptly causing me to injure my leg and back from a fall. I turned off the unit and restarted it and it ran for about 5 seconds and then stopped displaying the E3 code. Sportcraft's website said that this is an issue with the speed sensor and my husband looked at it and saw that a round plastic piece at the left hand side of the front roller had cracked and appeared to have broken sensor. This machine was clearly defective and this incident should not have happened.

I contacted their customer service department, and was advised by Beth Martin that the parts I needed were on back order and would not be available until the end of August at which time she would have them shipped to us and perhaps have a technician come (if they had one in our area) to fix the treadmill. We then contacted her three times in August and on August 21 she advised us that the parts would not be available until October. She said she would extend the purchase date for three months to extend the warranty. We then contacted her again on October 4 and were told she was still waiting for the parts. On Oct. 5 we contacted her and said that it sounded like she was giving us the runaround and she responded on October 7 that have been experiencing difficulties with the factory that provides them with the replacement parts and that they would have the Motor control board there on 10/23. She said they had the motor in stock and could send the motor and the silicone ahead if we wanted but the motor and mctb did need to be installed at the same time to correct the issue. We said to just send the two together.

We followed up on the day they were supposed to arrive (October 23) and she said that the parts were in transport and would definitely be there by October 29 and then shipped to us. On October 31 and November 3 we emailed questioning whether they received the parts and on November 5 we got an email stating that the parts were not coming into them and that she has voided our order. Further, she said that because we are out of warranty, there is nothing they could do for us. WE COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!! We told her that we would be taking this matter further and she then contacted us back and said that she could replace the treadmill with a smaller one (TX2.5) which, after checking it out on the website, appears to be more of a toy. I would never be able to run on it as its top speed is less then the speed I run at. I told her that it was unnaceptable, and if they could not fix my treadmill they should replace it with one of equal or better value. She again responded that there was nothing she could do. I responded that this is not the end of this matter and I would be taking it further.

I purchased a SportCraft treadmill on
9/21/06 the front roller broke within 9 months, I order a new front roller,
I received it four months later,it arrived damaged in an open box. I reorder it, another three months when

before receiving it, I installed it, the front roller appears to be working.

The problem now is the computer board
it is shuting down the treadmill within 7 seconds after starting it.

I notified SportCrafts, they are refusing to do anything about the treadmill computer board.Under the Lemon Law I believe this treadmill is a lemon, I would like a new treadmill or refund

Sportcraft Company Profile