ProForm

ProForm
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

ProForm Reviews

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I received the Smart HIIT Pro 3 weeks ago. I paid the $250 for them to come and put the machine together. They sent people that had not ever even seen the machine. This caused the machine to never work. When I called customer service it took 30-45 minutes for someone to answer my call. They send a part so I could fix the machine saying that it would take a tech months to be able to go and check out the machine. I called a second time, took even longer for them to answer, for them to only give me another number to call. When I tried to return the machine that has never been used!!! I spoke to the supervisor and I was still out $500 because I needed to pay for someone to come and pick up the machine (that never worked)!!!!

Worst customer service ever!!! My recommendation is don't bother with this company!! I was so excited because I thought the machine was perfect! I was so wrong!! So please consider my experience before buying from ProForm! I'm so sad they took $500 from me for something that never worked and assembly was not done by a professional even if that's what they said would happen if you paid the $250 extra!! Don't buy from this company!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I purchased my third ProForm Treadmill which was a ProForm 2000. I have been ecstatic with my ProForm treadmills and have always recommended them to others when I have been asked what I use when I am not running outside. My faith in Pro-Form has took a large hit and I am beginning to think that I made a poor investment. On June 27th I went downstairs to run and the treadmill would only make a beeping noise when I would touch any of the controls. We checked the users manual and did what they suggested, called and was walked through troubleshooting with no luck.

On Monday morning, June 22nd I called and complained again and they said that they were certain that it was the Magnetic Key Switch and Control Panel and they would send one out since it is under warranty and that I would receive it in 3-5 days as they ship UPS. I asked if I could pay to have it sent a quicker method and they said no, it was in stock and that it was coming from Utah and should only take the 3 days.

On Thursday August 1st I called as I have still not received the package. I was able to speak with the same lady that I spoke with the following Thursday. She said that I would receive the package by the end of business that day from UPS and she verified the address that it was being shipped to and gave me the tracking number. I told her that it was almost 8:00 p.m. in Michigan and that the package was not going to be delivered that day.

On Friday morning I called UPS and they said that they did not have a package for me. I gave them the tracking number and they said that it was being sent via UPS Smart Ship and that the USPS would have it and it showed that they left a notice for me that they tried to deliver it. I never received a notice. I called the local post office and they did not have a package for me. After they did some searching they found the package at USPS said that they would hold it for me but there would be a charge to get it of $8.30 since it was shipped to the incorrect address. I went and picked up the package.

On Saturday evening my husband installed the part only to find that they only sent the fan switch housing and not the control panel and the treadmill still does not work. The iFit light will light up now and the screen makes a quick blue flash when it is turned but the buttons don't work or anything. there is not even beeping when you push the buttons now.

Not only did it take 11 days for me to get a part that I was to receive in 3-5 business days but I had to make numerous phone calls and pay to get a part out of the post office since it was shipped to the wrong address and the treadmill that is under warranty and only used for 4 1/2 months still is not working. Needless to say I am more than frustrated with the lack of customer service that I have received.

I have attached all of the pertinent documents to an email and sent it to them stating I would like to know what steps need to be taken now to get the treadmill working condition sooner rather than later. My husband also called and after them making him do numerous troubleshooting things that were done two times previous via them taking over the camera on his cell phone they then agreed to ship out the control board that they missed the first time. We received this in 5 days, last Friday and the treadmill still has the same issue.

I called this morning only to be told that I could not speak with a manager and they do not know why my previous 3 emails have not been answered and was told that I would have to make a troubleshooting video and email it to them before they could do anything else. Their customer service is beyond ridiculous for something that has less than 50 hours on it, is still under warranty and cost over $1200.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Just purchased my first ProForm equipment yesterday, 05/23/2019, ProForm Hybrid Trainer. I have already had my taste of their lousy customer service, don't think I will be purchasing any more ProForm. In my opinion, Academy Sports is better than the crap they are putting on their shelves. I think their company is running a scam on their products to keep from having to warranty them. I received my product stapled and strapped closed as from from the factory, from Academy Sports. After spending 2 1/2 hours putting the product together, found it had no Serial number, so ProForm offers no help, but to return the product to Academy. The product left ProForm with no Serial number, they should fix the issue, without me returning and having to assemble another one.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Product was received defective and not usable for 3 months due to service parts b/o. ProForm refused to do anything to compensate except to offer a free mat. REALLY? They are the worst!!! They have refused to deal with the issue, tried to blame it on Walmart. Walmart has been excellent to work with, but would recommend never purchasing ProForm.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered my machine from ProForm over two months ago. When I did not hear anything about delivery I called and was told they would ship another one out to me within 14 days it would be at my house. 14th day is tomorrow and I was advised by their delivery company, NonStop that they have no idea when they will be able to schedule me to have it delivered. I called their 866-896-9777 to request a refund and waited 40 minutes without being able to speak to anyone to get my refund back. Extremely disappointed with this company and their business practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

Original review: April 18, 2019

iFit is unable to be used effectively without support. It is not intuitive or user-friendly. It stops streaming Google maps even when there is a strong wi-fi. The programs I selected on my iPad didn't load on my equipment. And all I get from support is "restart your equipment," which of course I did multiple times before I called. The support person appears to be required to go through a protocol whether or not that would help the issue, and they don't seem to actually be familiar with technical issues... They just repeat what's on the protocol in front of them. I was so frustrated after spending hours trying to get iFit to work on my Tour de France bike that I cancelled my membership. I would not recommend this program to anyone.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The ProForm treadmill I bought last year has been great. The problem is that registering your ProForm product is like joining the mob- you're in for life. I purchased an extended warranty from Walmart when I bought the treadmill which I explained to ProForm the first 5 times they called trying to sell me they're extended warranty. Each time I was assured they would stop calling. 15 phone calls and around 7 letters later, they're STILL trying. I'm not sure what their business plan is- annoy customers to the point they will NEVER buy another ProForm product and what? Profit???

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchased this equipment in Jan 2019 and used ProForm Financing b/c they were offering what seemed a good deal for delivery & set up. They used Fidelitone to delivery & set up who damaged our floors. The machine was returned 2-7-19 as it turned out to be defective and now we cannot get ProForm Financing to credit the amount back for something we no longer have. We call and get confirmation numbers from CS but yet the Financing side doesn't get this info.; endless loop!! They will not get their customer, Fidelitone, who delivered the machine to our home and damaged our brand new hardwood floors, to pay for the damage. Now we are looking at legal action to get this resolved just to keep this off of our credit. A scam all the way around!!!! DO NOT BUY/FINANCE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Product never worked right from the start. Continual software problems. Google maps & workouts freeze and crash. Music app never worked. Wattage is off. Customer service is terrible. We have spent over 15 hours on phone in the last 4 months. It is impossible to talk to a manager. You get bounced around to different departments. The return policy is junk because they mislead you and waste time and then the 30 days is up and then you can't return the product. iFit is holding our money hostage. iFit is a joke. This is probably the worst company I have ever purchased from. Also, they are only available 9-5 mountain time and closed on weekends. So if you work during the week - good luck reaching anyone. And when you do - they are not helpful.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Has been falling apart since I bought it -- screws squeaking every other day, plastic falling off. Now the main axle snapped. Sounds impossible doesn't it. Gave up trying to get parts to fix it. That's the real workout!

ProForm Company Information