ProForm

ProForm Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I bought the Proform 5000 one and a half years ago, used it twice a week max, suddenly the machine stopped working, contacted CS only to tell me that my warranty expired after one year, for the money I paid (about 1300) I would expect much more than this junk. STAY AWAY!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 17, 2024

DO NOT BUY!! Started having issues with the Proform H7 elliptical roughly 4 months back. The main viewing console went dark. I checked for power supply to the upper harness and it was still reading a good. I went ahead and replaced all internal harnesses and also the charging cable with no success. I then called customer service and they wanted to first hit me with a $159 technician charge and also charge $497 to replace the upper console. From what I have been reading an update was done and I'm not the only one having this issue with the screen going dark. Proform will not back their product and help out so here I am. NEVER BUYING A PRODUCT FROM THEM AGAIN!!

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2023

BUYER Beware. This company is a scam. Last night, I ordered a vue but tried canceling it 20 mins later but the company was closed so I had to call back. I started at 8 am today to NO avail. Lines were busy, I got disconnected etc. Finally, I was able to get a Lyndee A through messenger but they said I cannot cancel because they shipped it already. (Can I add that it took them FOREVER to ship out my treadmill?) So, I would be charged $200 to return it. It was less than half a day for the order but they shipped it already. We all know I won’t receive it for days on end. It completely bull crap! Then, Lyndee was like, “Oh, let me email the warehouse to stop them from shipping it.” OK, you just told me you shipped it. I work as an IOL specialist for a company and when we ship it….it goes out the door.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2023

Rower would not sync with console at 11 months, 2nd console broke in 2 days, 2 site visits 2 sets of wires, could not fix. Ifit would do nothing, thankfully I bought thru Costco and they did. Buyer beware...Repair guy says plug/transformer is the culprit and cheap and blows out the board.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 25, 2023

I purchased an exercise bike for my dad's birthday. The bike was delivered on time and assembly was fairly easy. Unfortunately, the bike did not work out for my dad as his leg kept hitting the console when pedaling. If he moved the seat back his leg would not reach and would not be able to pedal. I contacted Proform via an online request and wrote about the issue to perhaps get a refund. I received an email response shortly after and was told the return was going to cost $250 + an additional 10% processing fee. They were kind enough to advise to reach out to the parts/services team to see if anything else can be done to fix the issue. Up until this point, all was okay. I responded back to the email with additional questions on the process/next steps. Few days passed and I never heard back. I followed up three additional times after the initial email but still no response.

I then called when I had the chance one morning and was given the number to contact parts and services. The lady I spoke with from parts and services asked me to send some photos and videos of the issue I was having. I sent over the files as requested but again, never heard back. I followed up with another two emails, and yet again, no response. By this time, almost an entire month went by from my initial request to return the item. Then today when I called to get some status updates I was told nothing can be done since the machine was built this way and it is not a manufacturing defect. The representative also mentioned the initial quote I received to return the product was wrong and that it can be lowered to $100 + fees. She offered compensation if I we're to keep the machine.

The compensation was an extended iFit membership. Not sure why they think an extended training membership can resolve the issue of my dad's knees hitting the console each time he uses the machine. Ultimately, I decided to just cut the loss and move on with the return although it would cost me $293.21 (I paid $436.91 for the machine in total). I am leaving this honest review as I do not want anyone else to have to go through the same issues with all this trouble, lack of communication, lack of customer support, no product resolution as I did. The machine did not work out and the customer service has been terrible. On top of that, you'll have to pay if it doesn't work out with the machine. Worst purchase ever.

Reviewed June 26, 2023

Horrible product and even WORSE customer service. I purchased this treadmill ($1,100) to get into shape while taking it easy on my slowly deteriorating spine. I had to stop exercising about 6 months in due to complications and didn't use the treadmill for about a year. When I was recovered enough to start using the equipment again, the upper console was completely black/no power. My husband did some diagnosis and found that there was no power going to the wiring to the upper console. After multiple phone calls and emails Proform would not stand behind their machine because I didn't spend 5 hundred more for an extended warranty. They would not offer any assistance other than for me to spend $200 MORE to have a tech come out to diagnose the problem. Buyer beware!

Reviewed June 5, 2023

I purchased a Proform Treadmill and before I am even done paying for it, it has quit working! Called support and they want $169.53 to just come and look at it plus the cost of the parts and the labor to repair it will be my expense. Would also like to mention that due to ACL surgery the treadmill was hardly used. There is no reason that it should not be working except that the quality of the equipment is garbage. What a waste of money! DON'T BUY FROM PROFORM!!!

Reviewed May 31, 2023

I purchased this machine in November 2022 and the spool and rope broke in April 2023. It took over 6 weeks to get the part and when I inquired about a service tech to come fix it, (I purchased a 4 year extended warranty parts and service) I was informed they have no techs in this area and I need to find a tech and they will reimburse me for the cost. None of this was explained to me and if I would have known about this problem I would not have bought the rower. Totally unacceptable customer service!! The extended warranty is basically useless if I cannot get a tech!!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023

I purchased a Rower, Proform Pro R10, and got it home, set it up, registered it. It doesn't work. Fine. I've been trying to contact customer service for support via email, phone, and chat. Zero response. None! I've been on Chat waiting for a live agent for hours just to be disconnected multiple times. On the phone for hours with no answer. No email back when I've put in my information. I simply want my machine fixed. I don't mind waiting. Just fix it.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2023

I purchased a ProForm treadmill and bike. The bike was delivered without the console assembly that is needed to make the bike work. I thought this would not be a big deal and contacted the company to get the part sent. First to contact the company was a nightmare. I was on hold for 4 hours and finally had to hang up... Since I work I had kept the phone on the call. I tried the web chat numerous times to get the part ordered. Finally getting somewhere. I told them the console assembly was missing for the bike. They sent me 4 wheels in a small package.

I then contacted them again, waiting forever to finally speak to someone. When they spoke to me I found out that they ordered the wrong part. I was told they would order the correct part and would send it out to me in 5 business days. I have not seen the part yet, so I have contacted them again.... again expressing my disappointment in this experience. They told me that the part is going through quality check and it will take another month to be sent. I am now going through the trouble of returning the bike. I will probably have to go to small claims court to get the return done. STAY AWAY FROM PROFORM.... the company is HORRIBLE.

ProForm Fitness author review by Mark Barroso

ProForm treadmills are the official treadmill of the Boston Marathon, and many of the athletes competing in the race use ProForm equipment to train. This company is owned by ICON Health and Fitness, which also produces NordicTrack fitness equipment.

• Most models are fairly inexpensive: ProForm offers budget treadmills for less than $1,000, and these lower-end treadmills come with 18 programs so users aren’t missing a lot by not saving up for a higher-end machine.

• All models are iFit compatible: Users who have an iFit membership can integrate it easily with ProForm machines.

• Round watts meter: LED lights light up around a circle, showing how much power the user is outputting while exercising. The three workout zones of the circle are endurance, tempo or peak. Some models include this watts meter, which is ideal for interval training.

• Lots of programs: No matter what a user’s exercise needs are, he or she should be able to meet them using one of 38 ProForm’s programs.

• Hybrid machines: For consumers looking for a multi-purpose machine, ProForm makes a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/elliptical called the Hybrid Trainer and a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/rower called the Dual Trainer.

by Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Advisor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

ProForm Company Information