ProForm

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Display stopped working. No customer support. I purchased the ProForm Sport 12.0 ST new directly from ProForm September 2015 for $2,299 along with their warranty for in-home service for 6 years and parts for 9 for an additional $179.95. It has been working fine until Monday of last week (not even 2 years) when the display started messing up. When powered on it lights up but does not finish starting. The display's bar at the bottom of the screen just "loops". I have left it on for days but it does not finish starting up.

I have contacted the individual I purchased the warranty from by leaving voice messages and sending e-mails but there is no reply. I have submitted multiple service requests and have not received any replies, phone calls or anything indicating the requests are being submitted. When I call the Service Number it disconnects me stating I do not have any registered equipment with no options to talk to any individuals. Stay away because unless your equipment never has issues you will be dead in the water. Save your money or buy a cheaper treadmill.

The product may be satisfactory but there are many other companies that make products as good or better AND provide good Customer Service. The Customer Service at ProForm is deplorable. I am almost 60 and have never been through a worse purchasing experience. I am mad at myself for not paying attention to all the negative reviews I read prior to my regretful purchase. Too many wrong things to list them here. Sorry ProForm but you need to change things and soon or you will not have any reviews, even negative ones.

I purchased my ProForm online in February. I called immediately to let them know it wasn't working and I wanted a full refund as was an option in their agreement. They refused stating they could fix it. I have had 4 service calls since then and the last one was today. The machine is in pieces on my floor and I have no idea if it can be fixed. ProForm refuses to return my money. They don't honor their policy. They took money from me and refuse to refund me. Horrible customer service.

We purchased a ProForm rower online. The rower was never delivered and the tracking number they provided was bad - the freight company had no record of it. After numerous calls into customer service trying to get a status update (where you sit on hold for 30-40 minutes each time to reach someone) they finally determined that they lost the rower. The customer service specialist said they would cancel the order. Weeks have gone by and we still have not gotten a refund. We have no idea if we will ever get our money back. Don't buy from this company!

This is about your customer service. My wife called to report a service and you set an appointment during the work day. She took half day off unpaid and waited for two hours for your service tech. The service tech didn't show up and she didn't even receive a phone call to cancel. They rescheduled the appointment and of course showed up late and didn't fix the machine. About the machine, after 3 weeks, the machine is making terrible noise, cracked the floor. My Advice, DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE. I regret buying from that company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

We recently order two of the adjustable jump boxes which were delivered to our house. After building the jump box we discovered that the legs wobble particularly when the legs are extended. Who would want to jump on to a box that is not sturdy? When we queried this Pro-Form told us to send it back at our own expense. I find this completely unreasonable as the weight of the jump boxes would end up costing us yet again more money. We are still trying to get this resolved but so far I have found the service to be completely ridiculous. I would never use Pro-Form again or recommend them to anyone particularly as we are being put out of pocket due to a faulty product.

Placed order....not rec'd order....no one to contact. If I try to call Icon/ProForm, no one picks the phone (I held the call for 20 minutes once). Their online form needs a serial number to be entered for any complaints (I have not received the product so don't have it to enter). I am just frustrated with their service and won't recommend this company to anyone.

If you're thinking about trying these guys, don't even bother. If you are lucky enough to get a working product (which I wasn't) you might be ok until something breaks down. As something breaks down you have to deal with the customer services of proform you are out of luck. My wife and I bought this from Nebraska furniture mart and it came in broken. Called Nebraska Furniture Mart and they are unable to get me a new one as their warehouses are on strike. Called proform (On hold for over an hour), they sent a service man out, said he is unable to fix it as it would break the warranty on the machine. Took pictures, sent them to proform and said we should be hearing from them soon.

Didn't hear anything from proform, finally called them again (On hold for over an hour). They lost the pictures from the first service guy. Told us they had to send another service man out. A month later he comes out, says he is unable to fix it because if he did he would break the warranty. Does something to the machine that makes it workable, but I have to pound it several time with a hammer each time I fold it down and up for the screws to align. Took pictures and sent them to proform. Didn't hear anything from proform, call them again (On hold for over an Hour).

The second repair man flat out lied and said he fixed it. They are sending another repair man out and sending a piece that they have already ordered once before. So just don't bother and save yourself the headache. They will send you something that is either broken or will eventually break and then you will have an expensive waste of space.

I ordered the sculpt kit in August 2014. It is now November and I do not have it!! They keep telling me it is a warehouse issue and they have not contacted me back!! I will not recommend them if this issue is not resolved, and their customer service is AWFUL!!

Some advice....if you're thinking about ordering any exercise equipment from ProForm, don't - shady, shady company!! I order something on Saturday, tried to cancel my order on Monday, couldn't get thru on their "returns" line, (I tried quite a few different times & was on "hold" 45 minutes until I got fed up & hung up) then when I sent an email, the customer service person didn't even acknowledge my request to cancel my order, but tried to sell me even more of course. I then reiterated to the customer service to cancel this order immediately and confirm via email my cancellation. Now I just get an email, "Your order has shipped!" SHADY!!! I don't do hashtags, but ‪#‎PROFORM‬ SUCKS!!!

During the beginning of the last week of December 2012, I placed an order with Proform. No receipt, no email - nothing. On 1/5, I called Proform and spoke to customer service after being on hold for 10 minutes. I gave him the order number and he said the item was backordered. I asked why I never received a confirmation of order nor a note that it was backordered. He stated he didn't know why but then offered me a 10% discount and told me he would email me on Monday with an idea of when the item was expected back in stock. No email ever came so I called on 1-14 and again after being on hold 3 times as long as 10 minutes, I went to 'chat' on their website where I was told my order was cancelled with no explanation. I asked why their website still showed that item as being in stock and ready to ship and she didn't know why. This is a ridiculous company with zero customer skills, and I guess giving me a discount meant they were canceling my order. Since my order was submitted online by credit card, I have yet to see if the charge shows up and something tells me there will be one. My advice is to shop elsewhere.

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

ProForm treadmills are the official treadmill of the Boston Marathon, and many of the athletes competing in the race use ProForm equipment to train. This company is owned by ICON Health and Fitness, which also produces NordicTrack fitness equipment.

• Most models are fairly inexpensive: ProForm offers budget treadmills for less than $1,000, and these lower-end treadmills come with 18 programs so users aren’t missing a lot by not saving up for a higher-end machine.
  • All models are iFit compatible: Users who have an iFit membership can integrate it easily with ProForm machines.
  • Round watts meter: LED lights light up around a circle, showing how much power the user is outputting while exercising. The three workout zones of the circle are endurance, tempo or peak. Some models include this watts meter, which is ideal for interval training.
  • Lots of programs: No matter what a user’s exercise needs are, he or she should be able to meet them using one of 38 ProForm’s programs.
  • Hybrid machines: For consumers looking for a multi-purpose machine, ProForm makes a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/elliptical called the Hybrid Trainer and a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/rower called the Dual Trainer.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, hybrid machine, strider, upright/recumbent bike, indoor cycling bike or rower.

Compare Fitness Equipment