ProForm

Compare Fitness Equipment

Research top Fitness Equipment recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought the Evostride on December 2, 2016. Was to be at my house before Christmas. January 2, 2017 called and just asked for a refund (it was suppose to be my Christmas present). They told me 15-30 Days. Have called multiple times (which takes hours to get through), it is now the middle of February and still nothing. The only thing I have left to do is contact my credit card company and complain about fraud.

Got an email from them about a black friday sale and thought I would buy an ifit module for my treadmill, filled out form which asked for model and serial of treadmill and placed order. Two weeks later got order in mail and instructions said insert cartridge in treadmill, could not find where and called customer support and was told my treadmill is not compatible and to send back. Sent back and after three phone calls and a month and a half later they gave me a partial refund and told me I ordered it online and it was my fault it didn't work and that they charged me a 15.00 processing fee for my return. Do not buy from this crooked company.

Purchased this bike (Proform XP Whirlwind 320), ordered through Costco, December 2013. Have used to this date no more than 50 hours. Left pedal shaft broke while wife was exercising nearly damaging her ankle. Tried to contact Proform's Customer Service to order new pedal - called, was disconnected four times. Finally contacted Sales Department - they answered after five minutes, and told me that they would switch to the parts department. On hold with parts 30 minutes. Finally pleasant girl answered and said I needed to re-register my model. Then ordered the part for pedal and was told it would be over $60 plus tax and shipping. I told her the shaft of the pedal broke and I was filing a complaint for defective equipment. Told them to cancel the order. Very dissatisfied with Proform company.

The product may be satisfactory but there are many other companies that make products as good or better AND provide good Customer Service. The Customer Service at ProForm is deplorable. I am almost 60 and have never been through a worse purchasing experience. I am mad at myself for not paying attention to all the negative reviews I read prior to my regretful purchase. Too many wrong things to list them here. Sorry ProForm but you need to change things and soon or you will not have any reviews, even negative ones.

I purchased my hybrid the end of October. After assembly the machine wouldn't move and clicked constantly. I called customer service and they tried to talk me through self-troubleshooting and then they said the console was bad. They sent out another 10 days later. I put that one on and had the same problem. Then they said the resistant motor was bad. When I told them that's not a job for the customer, you have to take the part of the machine apart which came in 1 piece. I asked for a repair person and was told to try it myself first! I repeated myself. They continued to give me an order number. I asked for the part express and was told ok. The part came 10 days later.

At this point I have had the trainer for 6 weeks and unable to use it. Needless to say I attempted to take the machine apart for a week now and after hurting myself I quit. On hold constantly with customer service. I am so disgusted that I decided to take the arms and legs off as well as the seat and have my daughter help me get it out of my house and into BULK TRASH. I just took a loss of $350.00. So disappointed in this company. I have a hip replacement and thought it would be a good way to exercise safely. They sent me a video on how to fix it! I will try Nordic track.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

After you purchase their product, that's it. All they care about is the sales. Even support at their website is a robot, not a real person. So getting help is like pulling teeth. In addition, you are not informed of the maintenance of their equipment. They mention that a "special lubricant" is used on the belt, but it is never mentioned that it needs to be lubricated, every 12-18 months. I am told after a long search of what to do. The manual only mentions not to use a Silicone based lubricant because it "degrades" the belt material. However, they do not suggest to purchase their "proprietary lubricant" at $27.00 for a pack of 3 little tiny tubes. I will never buy from ProForm. I thought I was getting a great deal... NOPE, I was being bamboozled. And Oh, if you order the lubricant, it take 7-10 days, and they ship the item on the fourth day instead of the day it was ordered.

I purchased my ProForm online in February. I called immediately to let them know it wasn't working and I wanted a full refund as was an option in their agreement. They refused stating they could fix it. I have had 4 service calls since then and the last one was today. The machine is in pieces on my floor and I have no idea if it can be fixed. ProForm refuses to return my money. They don't honor their policy. They took money from me and refuse to refund me.0 Horrible customer service.

ProForm customer service is nonexistent. The phone number they give goes to a holding station where no one ever picks up. The email, online chats will tell you that they will not help you. Emails go unanswered. Once they get your money they stop helping you. I would not trust them with the machines or my money.

I ordered an Proform 230 upright cycle at a local Sears home store on 1/26/2016. I paid cash. I was having the Bike shipped there to be picked up, to save myself $100.00. The Bike came, but was missing the upright bar. I called online to order it. When it didn't come as promised, I called another Sears phone number, which they tell me I'm not in their system, which means it never got ordered! Made another phone call, only to find out, can't get the part until May! Well, of course now I don't want this product, and the "Sears" Hometown store will not take it back or give me my money. I had to take it to a Big Sears stores 60 miles away. They were very nice, and refunded my purchase and took the Bike back! A horrible experience to say the least, and a very big waste of my time! I bought a Schwinn! It's a great Bike! Sorry Proform, you lost a customer.

Ordered the iFit 1 year membership that is needed for machine. All they need to supply me with is a code number. I received an invoice confirmation that order received and processed and paid. 3 weeks later and I still don't have the code. I sent 2 emails to their customer service which they didn't even respond to. I called and was put on hold for an hour and had to hang up. This is a company that has no respect to its customers after it takes their money and doesn't deliver the product. Shame on them.

We purchased a ProForm rower online. The rower was never delivered and the tracking number they provided was bad - the freight company had no record of it. After numerous calls into customer service trying to get a status update (where you sit on hold for 30-40 minutes each time to reach someone) they finally determined that they lost the rower. The customer service specialist said they would cancel the order. Weeks have gone by and we still have not gotten a refund. We have no idea if we will ever get our money back. Don't buy from this company!

01-05-2016. First of, do not ever deal with these companies. Unless you want to wait on hold when you call for hours. I mean HOURS. These companies are set up to waste your time so you go away. They make it excruciatingly difficult to return anything, get support, or just get customer support. THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY, DESIGNED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND MAKE IT SO PAINFUL TO GET ANY SUPPORT FOR THEIR WORTHLESS PRODUCTS.

Proform, iFit, ICON Health are all the same company. I found this out by calling them all when I bought the Proform Hybrid Trainer Pro and after: 1. Buying a 2 year subscription to iFit, creating my account online. 2. Putting the equipment together. 3. Trying for 2 days to get my iPad connected. 4. Calling iFit, then Proform, then ICON. When I called, I would have to put my phone on speaker, sit back and wait for literally hours. When I did get a live person on the phone they would ask the same "registering equipment" questions. Until one lady said, "you are already in our system". So I asked her, if they were all the same companies, she said yes. Well, that explains it.

The Proform Hybrid was advertised as working with iFit; using the maps and all that great stuff. So I bought 2 years of iFit when I bought the trainer. That was in Dec. 2015. This was a Christmas gift for my wife. This is Jan 2016, and I am learning from iFit, Proform and ICON that the software for iFit does not work. They predict it will be working by end of the month. "END OF THE MONTH?" That's the same load of Bull I give my boss at work when I can't get anything working. So now I want to cancel the iFit subscription. I have spoken to a real person over 2 hours ago, she transferred me to the "refund and retention" department. I have been literally on hold listening to this crap music for over 2 hours. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE COMPANIES AT ALL.

I purchased a Pro 5.0 Tour de France bike and a floor mat from ProForm. Received my shipment on 12/11/15. The screen was broken and there was no mat. I ordered a replacement screen that was supposed to be here in 3-5 business days on 12/14. As of today 12/27 still no part. I did received a notice that my mat shipped on 12/24 after several complaints thru their customer service. Still have not used this machine. Terrible.

I just bought a ProForm Tour de France bike (12/14/2015). It arrived broken. Customer Service consists of a third party that doesn't troubleshoot. Instead, it wants to buy parts and send out techs. That would take 5 days to purchase parts and 5 days to arrange the visit. Unfortunately, the item was purchased for my son's birthday tomorrow. When I called Customer Service to process a return, I was put in a queue for over an hour until the office closed. I'm extraordinarily displeased.

Pro form 600LE elliptical - Bought unit through Groupon, Jan 2014. 4 months later it broke. Tech came out, charged $120 to fix. 12 months later a knocking sound became evident, followed instructions from customer service and disassembled unto. Took pictures and she stated it was the belt even though I told her there were metal filings on the floor by rear wheel $221 later and a month to schedule tech, he tells me it's not belt. But rusted bearings! $500 to fix. Junk. Do NOT buy this! Trying to return belt but it's longer than 15 days, their fault.

I bought a ProForm 600c in September 2014. In Dec, the motor quit and I called customer service. They sent me a new one ($330) and asked me to install it (?!?). The instructions were incomplete and left out several details to install the new motor. Tech Service came out and completed. April 2015 the console quit working. Called CS and received a new one ($407) which I was told could be replaced easily with four screws. WRONG!

You have to completely take apart the upper machine in order to get the wiring harnesses out. Tech Service came out and completed. That console didn't work, so they sent me another one ($407) and a pulse assembly ($87), which Tech Service installed and they didn't work. By now, I could easily be set up as the SE Distributor for ProForm Parts.

I tried to get Proform to replace the machine over and over with no luck. Finally, they sent a new computer module ($?) which Tech Service installed and machine is now working. So needless to say, I have to put ProForm in the "never again' category of purchases. I do give a 5 Star rating to the Tech Rep because he understands customer service. But to Stacey, Spencer, Phillip, Chantel, Autumn and Robert, perhaps you should think about a new profession!

This is about your customer service. My wife called to report a service and you set an appointment during the work day. She took half day off unpaid and waited for two hours for your service tech. The service tech didn't show up and she didn't even receive a phone call to cancel. They rescheduled the appointment and of course showed up late and didn't fix the machine. About the machine, after 3 weeks, the machine is making terrible noise, cracked the floor. My Advice, DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE. I regret buying from that company.

Tech came to our home after 6 days of using this treadmill and advised he had to order a new motherboard. We have waited and waited, no part has arrived. ProForm was to ship this to us. They never did. $1200 machine sitting here and can't use. Will never deal with this company again.

I bought the Proform Hybrid directly from them online. Set it up and it worked fine the few times I used it. That is, until just after the 90-day warranty expired and now there is no electrical current when I start to pedal and therefore I can't start a workout and there is no resistance control. I inquired about buying an extending warranty plan from their warranty company, UTS, but they rudely replied that I am not eligible to buy one after the 90 days expired. Wish I saw these reviews before I purchased this piece of junk.

We recently order two of the adjustable jump boxes which were delivered to our house. After building the jump box we discovered that the legs wobble particularly when the legs are extended. Who would want to jump on to a box that is not sturdy? When we queried this Pro-Form told us to send it back at our own expense. I find this completely unreasonable as the weight of the jump boxes would end up costing us yet again more money. We are still trying to get this resolved but so far I have found the service to be completely ridiculous. I would never use Pro-Form again or recommend them to anyone particularly as we are being put out of pocket due to a faulty product.

Placed order....not rec'd order....no one to contact. If I try to call Icon/ProForm, no one picks the phone (I held the call for 20 minutes once). Their online form needs a serial number to be entered for any complaints (I have not received the product so don't have it to enter). I am just frustrated with their service and won't recommend this company to anyone.

Wish I would have seen this site before I ordered! It seems that this company is super shady. For one, you are unable to post a negative review on their website. I tried to post this review numerous times and I kept getting an "Error" message. I thought it was odd since other positive reviews were being posted on the same days that I tried. I figured they might automatically screen their reviews electronically for any "negative" reviews and automatically reject them, so I removed some of these negative words from my review - "poor," "beware," etc. I did this immediately after a "negative" review gave me the error message. Magically, my review was accepted once I removed these words. I received an email saying my review would be posted shortly, but it's still not up. I'm sure if your review makes it past the first round, a live employee screens and filters out the negative ones. Total b.s. if you ask me.

I purchased the Tour De France Pro around Thanksgiving 2014. I was only able to ride this about 5 times, as one day the computer just started showing an error screen that would just continue to pop up, making the machine unusable. So I sent an email and even tried their "Live Chat" to report the problem - no response on either inquiry - ever. So, I called Proform service (expect to be on hold a solid 20-30 minutes each and every time you call), and the rep was extremely unknowledgeable about the product. He did finally determine that I needed a new console. He told me it'd ship out the next day and they'd ship it priority, so I could expect it in 3-5 business days.

Well over a week passes with no console, so I call again. At first they can't find my part order (?), and then they tell me the item is on backorder and they do not even have an expected date when they will receive it. I was told to just continue to call back weekly to check if they received it. Really, continue to call back weekly and sit on hold for a half hour for them to probably tell me the same thing? Called again yesterday and they still don't know when the console will be in. Very disappointed as I purchased this solely to ride in the winter, and I'm assuming I'll probably get the part in April/May, when it's nice enough to ride outdoors.

Worst part about all this is that customer service does not care AT ALL about fixing the problem. And the company obviously does not care about fixing the problems they have with their equipment (it seems like multiple people have the exact same problem - consoles going out, parts that always break are never in stock, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if the company keeps all their parts on back order so that you burn through your warranty waiting for parts. I would strongly recommend against buying anything from this company. Customer service is horrible, and the company does everything in it's power to hide complaints/bad reviews. I would never buy from this company again!

Bought a 2012 Proform Tour De France bike. Looks great. Belt slipped, had 3 service visits, swapped out rear gear to larger size, adjustment screw now won't fit through the right side cowling. Looks like crap for $1500. Interface is spotty on wireless connectivity even with 90+% signal. Arduous interface. Has taken repeated tries to attempt to get DHCP to work, password, ifit user name and password are entered one letter at a time using arrow and enter keys. Functionality of the interface is an embarrassment.

iFit sucked the first year or so, never used the bike nor iFit for 2013/14. Now trying again. Now the mapping will save a bike workout over 10 miles. Wa-hoo! How about my $99 back for my 2013 iFit subscription to hell? Going to put an APC battery backup on it to power it so I don't have to take another hour+ to re-enter and successfully get the unit functional again with my credentials. Version 3 unit looks nice, but I'm tempted to manufacture a competitive product with a real interface (better than the tablet attached to V3).

If you're thinking about trying these guys, don't even bother. If you are lucky enough to get a working product (which I wasn't) you might be ok until something breaks down. As something breaks down you have to deal with the customer services of proform you are out of luck. My wife and I bought this from Nebraska furniture mart and it came in broken. Called Nebraska Furniture Mart and they are unable to get me a new one as their warehouses are on strike. Called proform (On hold for over an hour), they sent a service man out, said he is unable to fix it as it would break the warranty on the machine. Took pictures, sent them to proform and said we should be hearing from them soon.

Didn't hear anything from proform, finally called them again (On hold for over an hour). They lost the pictures from the first service guy. Told us they had to send another service man out. A month later he comes out, says he is unable to fix it because if he did he would break the warranty. Does something to the machine that makes it workable, but I have to pound it several time with a hammer each time I fold it down and up for the screws to align. Took pictures and sent them to proform. Didn't hear anything from proform, call them again (On hold for over an Hour).

The second repair man flat out lied and said he fixed it. They are sending another repair man out and sending a piece that they have already ordered once before. So just don't bother and save yourself the headache. They will send you something that is either broken or will eventually break and then you will have an expensive waste of space.

I ordered a 2015 Proform 9.0 NE Elliptical on 01/04/2015. That night, I got an email offering a wonderful extended warranty, and I took it. It said that it was "in stock" on their website. After a week I called to check the status of my order, Sat on hold for 45 minutes waiting until I finally went online and after 10 minutes was able to "chat" with someone. They said it hasn't been made yet and it may be in around the 20th. I said I want to cancel my order, they said I had to call another number for that, they couldn't do it via chat. By the way, I have been on hold for 30 minutes as I write this. I went to cancel my credit card, and their trick is to not post it to your account until it has been shipped. That way you cannot cancel or block payment. This company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. Don't ever, EVER buy from them!

Purchased a ProForm CSX 215 for €254.10 ($299USD) in January 2013, it lasted LESS than an entire year before the resistance started to break down. Eventually the resistance did not work at all, one of the pedals stripped and broke off, and finally after calling the company, we were told that the bike "had to be registered within 30 days" and that the warranty only covered the bike for 90 days. This company deceptively made it seem like the bike was covered for FIVE YEARS, since that is the first thing you read from their warranty blurb. Turns out it is only the FRAME that is covered for five years, which you could not break if you took a freaking battleaxe to it. The parts and other stuff? Not covered at all. Nothing that actually makes the bike WORK.

Calling the company, we found that it would cost €126.88 ($150USD) as a FLAT CHARGE to even have the friggin' technician come out to look at it and that additional fees would be charged for the parts and labour to repair it. THIS IS ABSURD! The bike cost €254.10 NEW and they want more than half the price of the freaking thing JUST TO LOOK AT IT? DO NOT, DO NOT do business with these people. The other reviews on this website speak volumes as to how shady they are. Wish we could rate LESS than one star.

Don't even think about buying exercise equipment from icon or ProForm. I bought the ProForm Tour de France a couple years ago and it has never worked as promised. Oh sure it is an okay exercise bike. It is worth about $400. I paid over a grand for it so that I could use the nice google maps, iFit links, internet updates, etc. NONE of that stuff ever worked. Not even once. This product is a failure. I was a sucker to fall for it but I gave it lots of time for icon to work out the bugs. Today I tried to upload the latest firmware thinking they had probably fixed all the bugs by now. Wrong! Now nothing even works. I spent a couple hours on their chat line getting dumped over to dead ends. After repeated attempts, I finally reached a very helpful live human on the phone.line. She even admitted that it was a piece of crap. There is no fix and never will be a fix. She was nice but convinced me that I have wasted money and time with icon and ProForm. Time for craigslist!

I purchased a ProForm 600 LE Elliptical a year ago. It came in pieces and took me weeks to find someone to help me to put it together. Regardless of what they say... IT IS NOT EASY TO PUT TOGETHER! From day one, I've had to tighten the handle bars so they wouldn't fall off. It it now at the point that they fall off after 3 minutes. When the machine works... it's a great workout but having to stop and tighten bolts every 3 minutes is not an enjoyable experience nor does it give you any sort of a workout.

With a 90 day warranty... ICON basically covers nothing. They charge for everything. $47 for nuts and bolts! Granted, I spent $900 on the machine, and you get what you pay for, but really...! $900 isn't small change. Their customer service is AWFUL! Their live chat simply gives you a toll free number to call, but good luck with that! If you get through on that number in less than an hour, you're doing good! In general... poorly manufactured equipment, poor customer service and ICON does not stand behind their product. Which means, you are much better off purchasing from anyone other than ICON!

Beware of buying from this company. We bought an elliptical and they contacted out their false white glove service. They sent an independent truck with two old guys who have never, ever set up an elliptical. They caused over a thousand dollars damage to our beautiful wood stairways. It's been over a month and ProForm will not cooperate in getting our home repaired. They say it's the delivery companies fault. ProForm hired them. Not us. We called a flooring company for an estimate, and they informed us our stairways are very dangerous in this condition. Also the Pergo style our stairs are made of is discontinued. I would never do business with ProForm again. Tomorrow we will look for an attorney. And to a motel until repairs are made.

I ordered the sculpt kit in August 2014. It is now November and I do not have it!! They keep telling me it is a warehouse issue and they have not contacted me back!! I will not recommend them if this issue is not resolved, and their customer service is AWFUL!!

Expert Review

Mark BarrosoHealth and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.    More about Mark→

ProForm treadmills are the official treadmill of the Boston Marathon, and many of the athletes competing in the race use ProForm equipment to train. This company is owned by ICON Health and Fitness, which also produces NordicTrack fitness equipment.

• Most models are fairly inexpensive: ProForm offers budget treadmills for less than $1,000, and these lower-end treadmills come with 18 programs so users aren’t missing a lot by not saving up for a higher-end machine.
  • All models are iFit compatible: Users who have an iFit membership can integrate it easily with ProForm machines.
  • Round watts meter: LED lights light up around a circle, showing how much power the user is outputting while exercising. The three workout zones of the circle are endurance, tempo or peak. Some models include this watts meter, which is ideal for interval training.
  • Lots of programs: No matter what a user’s exercise needs are, he or she should be able to meet them using one of 38 ProForm’s programs.
  • Hybrid machines: For consumers looking for a multi-purpose machine, ProForm makes a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/elliptical called the Hybrid Trainer and a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/rower called the Dual Trainer.
  • Best for Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, hybrid machine, strider, upright/recumbent bike, indoor cycling bike or rower.

Compare Fitness Equipment