1.05/5

42 ProForm Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2019

Product was received defective and not usable for 3 months due to service parts b/o. ProForm refused to do anything to compensate except to offer a free mat. REALLY? They are the worst!!! They have refused to deal with the issue, tried to blame it on Walmart. Walmart has been excellent to work with, but would recommend never purchasing ProForm.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered my machine from ProForm over two months ago. When I did not hear anything about delivery I called and was told they would ship another one out to me within 14 days it would be at my house. 14th day is tomorrow and I was advised by their delivery company, NonStop that they have no idea when they will be able to schedule me to have it delivered. I called their 866-896-9777 to request a refund and waited 40 minutes without being able to speak to anyone to get my refund back. Extremely disappointed with this company and their business practices.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

iFit is unable to be used effectively without support. It is not intuitive or user-friendly. It stops streaming Google maps even when there is a strong wi-fi. The programs I selected on my iPad didn't load on my equipment. And all I get from support is "restart your equipment," which of course I did multiple times before I called. The support person appears to be required to go through a protocol whether or not that would help the issue, and they don't seem to actually be familiar with technical issues... They just repeat what's on the protocol in front of them. I was so frustrated after spending hours trying to get iFit to work on my Tour de France bike that I cancelled my membership. I would not recommend this program to anyone.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The ProForm treadmill I bought last year has been great. The problem is that registering your ProForm product is like joining the mob- you're in for life. I purchased an extended warranty from Walmart when I bought the treadmill which I explained to ProForm the first 5 times they called trying to sell me they're extended warranty. Each time I was assured they would stop calling. 15 phone calls and around 7 letters later, they're STILL trying. I'm not sure what their business plan is- annoy customers to the point they will NEVER buy another ProForm product and what? Profit???

Original review: March 22, 2019

I purchased this equipment in Jan 2019 and used ProForm Financing b/c they were offering what seemed a good deal for delivery & set up. They used Fidelitone to delivery & set up who damaged our floors. The machine was returned 2-7-19 as it turned out to be defective and now we cannot get ProForm Financing to credit the amount back for something we no longer have. We call and get confirmation numbers from CS but yet the Financing side doesn't get this info.; endless loop!! They will not get their customer, Fidelitone, who delivered the machine to our home and damaged our brand new hardwood floors, to pay for the damage. Now we are looking at legal action to get this resolved just to keep this off of our credit. A scam all the way around!!!! DO NOT BUY/FINANCE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

Original review: March 22, 2019

Product never worked right from the start. Continual software problems. Google maps & workouts freeze and crash. Music app never worked. Wattage is off. Customer service is terrible. We have spent over 15 hours on phone in the last 4 months. It is impossible to talk to a manager. You get bounced around to different departments. The return policy is junk because they mislead you and waste time and then the 30 days is up and then you can't return the product. iFit is holding our money hostage. iFit is a joke. This is probably the worst company I have ever purchased from. Also, they are only available 9-5 mountain time and closed on weekends. So if you work during the week - good luck reaching anyone. And when you do - they are not helpful.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Has been falling apart since I bought it -- screws squeaking every other day, plastic falling off. Now the main axle snapped. Sounds impossible doesn't it. Gave up trying to get parts to fix it. That's the real workout!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have not experienced any online retailer with such slow and snail-paced delivery process. I am weighing my options to cancel my order. What a waste of time! I should have ordered another model from Costco or Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Bought from Costco. Called in three times about loud noise when in use. Was on hold first two calls for over a hour for customer service. First call was instructed to try tightening certain screws, second call was told that 16 bolts were defective and replacements would be sent, please install. The third call was asked to open up the assembled unit that came with unit and make changes. I refused since, it came pre-assembled and that would break warranty. Finally was scheduled for someone to come out and service. Before he got there our credit card was charged for the FIT. Disputed. How can you charge for item never being able to use and waiting for repair. More phone calls. Not happy, would never buy again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased the Hybrid Elliptical. Came within 10 days or so but I thought I was going to get a call when it got delivered because I did a live chat with customer service. They said they wouldn't deliver until I made arrangements. Guess what to my surprise it was delivered on my deck without arrangements... so I put it together. Now that I've canceled my gym membership now I need to go to iFit to register to use my machine... Nope... was on phone waiting for like 15 minutes, to my surprise this lovely nice woman helps me bypass so I can now use. Thank you so much. Now I can go to work taking off much needed pounds... If anybody needs to know get on your machine hold down the Bluetooth blue button until you see 000000 not until then let go. You will see a random code. Still do not let go till you see all zeros. There you go... Thank you ProForm.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I ordered the Smart HIIT Trainer Pro on December 28, 2018, and I received an email on December 30, 2018 that the product was shipped. There is a diagram on the email explaining the process of delivery between carrier 1 and 2 and with the holidays, I knew it may be a few more days. Over the course of the three weeks, I checked every other day for tracking information on my order form. It would always say “No update”. I should have known from there that was a red flag.

There was no sign of a call to schedule delivery, so I called customer service to get a follow up. The one representative told me that the machine was at the second carrier since Thursday, January 10th. I asked why they haven’t called me, and he said he would not have that answer for me and that I would have to ask them. He transferred me to the warehouse in Jacksonville, FL. They did not have it. Then, the warehouse transferred me to the Tampa warehouse, and they did not have it. In the meanwhile, I was getting upset at the lady on the phone at the warehouse of why I didn’t get a call. So, back to square A.

I call back Proform. After a 40 minute wait from the from the first call, I literally had to wait another 55 minutes to get through to someone. Every time I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, they always make excuses or transfer you again where you are waiting for an additional 30-40 minutes to speak someone. Still to this day, I have not spoken to any “higher-up management”. I hung up because the wait was so long and I already spent half my day being lied to and no answers. I call back the next day, and the same thing... On wait for over 40 minutes for them to tell me that they cannot do anything for me and for me to contact billing. I get transferred to the billing department... Again another 40+ wait... surprise, surprise. But, what are you going to do when you spent $1500 on a product?!

I finally felt like I was getting somewhere with the person from billing. It seemed like she resolved my issue by explaining that for some reason I received an email saying that my machine shipped when in reality, it never did. I couldn’t really comprehend why the very first call I was told it was at the warehouse then. I paid an extra $99 for special delivery so I told her for all the inconvenience, I wanted my $99 back and free special delivery and she said okay very calm and that was it. I should have known with everything I have just gone through, that her response was off. “Too good to be true”. She sent me another order number and invoice after we got off the phone but the invoice was a value of $0.

I wanted a new invoice since technically this was a new order (they had to cancel the other one for some odd reason). I wanted evidence that I was compensated my $99 back. Two people told me it was.. then, why wasn’t my invoice reflecting the new total? So.. I call real early in the morning (1/22/19) the next day and was told that I had to call billing. There was nothing they could do for me. So, after work, I called again and waited an additional 40+ minutes again and asked about the invoice. I also asked why I haven’t received an additional email saying my machine has shipped. It was over a week and still hasn’t shipped.

So, now, it is about a month with no machine. The lady also begins to tell me that an invoice for payment was sent in the mail and I should get it soon (I got it yesterday). She informed me that I had to pay. I said, "Excuse me? You are telling me I need to make a payment on a product/machine that I haven’t even received yet??" I asked, "What if it comes broken? Damaged?" I refused to pay it.

How does a “company” expect people to pay for things that they haven’t even received? I informed her that Proform was fraud and I was going to dispute the charges on my credit card and I was going to make a police report. Also, I NEVER got the $99 charge for the inconveniences. They also delete the negative comments off their pretty facebook page so other customers can’t be warned. She became very hostile with me and said well you cancel and honestly, as much as I wanted the machine, I just couldn’t anymore. I was done fighting for an item.

I was done with their lies. I was more upset because this replaced our gym memberships that we cancelled because we built an at home gym. I came across this website and could not BELIEVE the same scenarios I just went through. I feel each and everyone’s pain. I am glad I ended up cancelling after reading each of your comments about broken machines and them refusing to give you back your money! I even told her I was going to call the business bureau and make a complaint of what they are doing so if you are thinking of buying from them, DON’T!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought brand new ProForm Smart Pro 2000. I am having problems with their console as the screen just keeps spinning. The customer rep told me just to press the Bluetooth button to fix the problem. He will not wait until the issue is resolved as he said he has other callers on the line. He said to call me back. After waiting for 45 minutes he wants me to call again. He just hang up without verifying if the issue has been resolved. That's really bad customer service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

This company is some kind of joke. Stay away, horrible customer services. Long waits, no callbacks... Pretty sure this is a scam. Do yourself a favor and stay away! They never could find my order, ProForm said carrier had it, carrier said they did not have it. Possible fraud?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased a ProForm 505CST treadmill and had a issue with a small plastic handle that was broken during assembly. I placed a service ticket with customer service online and explained my issue in detail. I received a acknowledging email back but never got a solution email after that. A month later I called customer service and sat on hold for 45 minutes so I hung up. I tried again a few weeks later to call again and sat on hold for over a hour, once again I hung up in disgust. I will never purchase their products or one of their other brands again, their customer service is pathetic.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Horrible customer service. Bought 20 month ago with an extended warranty and after several services (each an excruciating experience) I was told my warranty was now void due to its placement in my basement/garage which is fully covered. They continually try to fault customer rather than accept any damage to their bottom line.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I do not want iFit. I do not want to pay for iFit before I can use my treadmill. They are holding my treadmill hostage. I cannot use my treadmill unless I pay for iFit! No one at ProForm or iFit will answer not even through chat. They want me to give them a credit card before my treadmill will work. I do not ** want iFit. I just want to hit start and run jog walk without a ** personal trainer. I am going to return this treadmill after several hours of putting it together. Mf... to Academy where I purchased it. They should be whipped for this crap... Forcing a credit card to use a machine that I bought and paid for in full.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I've had issues with this product from the beginning and have been in constant contact with their customer service. The tablet malfunctioned, and the cost to replace the part was equal to that of the entire equipment. Proform is a brand owned by Icon Health & Fitness, who also own Nordictrac and several other brands. I just purchased a high end commercial NordicTrack Treadmill. Had I realized it was manufactured under the same Icon group, I would not have made the purchase.

Thus far, I have spent over $5000 in Icon Health & Fitness products and feel I have entered into a relationship with crooks. To charge me the full cost of a TDF spin bike, just for the console is nothing less than robbery. and shows no respect for me as a consumer of their junk products. Once I realized they weren't going to replace the part at a fair price, I dissembled the defective component (a $20 part) and found out why these products are in such poor review; they are assembled poorly under inferior standards.

In summary, buyer beware. There are other cardio equipment manufacturers. Proform, along with iFit (a whole other source for review) lacks true customer service. They should have taken care of my issue early on instead of waiting on my warranty to expire. Instead all I got from their customer service while my equipment was under warranty was the advice to "keep the unit unplugged when not in use", an obviously lame tempt at troubleshooting which didn't remedy the issue.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Purchased a ProForm Cardio HIIT from Costco. The assembly was straightforward, but the registry to "unlock" the console, via a third party was unbelievable. Need a subscription to operate the machine - a hidden detail, not made public up-front. Tech support was non-existent & kept dropping and/or pushing me back in the queue. I spent 8 days trying to "unlock" the console, and hours waiting on the phone, instead of working, because they were only open during the work week business hours. The online chat just said "have a nice day"! I would suggest that no one spend another cent with this pathetic excuse for a company... They are obviously out of their league and overwhelmed with problems & complaints.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Bought the HIIT elliptical machine. 1 month into using it. It locked up. It’s been over 4 months and still waiting for them to fix. They first send the parts to wrong household. They then ordered the wrong part. And now still waiting on correct part. When you call expect to be on hold for 45 minutes to an hour. So upset. Don’t even know what to do. They will not give money back. I wish companies like this were ethical and gave money back when their product is not reliable. I wish we could file a class action lawsuit! This is just not acceptable.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I wish I had seen the reviews before I purchased the ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro. I had the machine about two months when it locked up. I called customer service (7/9) and after being on hold forever finally got to speak to someone. They were going to send parts and then a technician would come fix it. I had to wait until 8/1 for the technician. When he looked at the machine (which he didn't really know anything about) he said the flywheel had moved. He even admitted that he didn't know how that could have happened and may happen again. I used the machine this morning for about 5 minutes and it started making awful grinding noises. I called back customer service (once again waited forever on hold) wanting a new machine or a refund.

They cannot do either since it was over the thirty days. I asked to speak to a manager and after being on hold again I was told that the manager said the same thing the representative said and if I wanted to, I could email him. Really, a manager is too afraid to speak to a customer. That should tell you what kind of products they sell. The only thing I am able to do is have the technician come out again. I told them that I will not wait another 3 1/2 weeks to get it fixed. They certainly don't stand behind their products. Don't waste your money.

Original review: July 3, 2018

First, they had 0% financing offered which came back not approved for 0% but 30%. As if. So I tried a card I knew I had the available funds. It was denied. Contacted them and they told me to use PayPal. I used PayPal and that transaction went through. Would've been great. Received the product 2 days later. That day though, they charged my card 5X, not through PayPal, so they somehow had managed to save my card information even after telling me that my card was denied, which must have been some kind of ploy to force me to use that crazy account they thought I would take without realizing it was a scam (it was unclear whether the 0% was good or not when I read the approved documentation). DO NOT BUY!!! They are a scam artist company who fails at customer service and now I'm going to have to watch to make sure these charges do not actually get placed on my card.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Purchased a new treadmill from ProForm. The device is 2 weeks old, has been non-functional since delivery. Proform's customer service is non-existent. Have called many times, and have spent collectively 4 hours on hold, and have yet to speak to a human being about the problem. I have used their email feature to also submit my issue. I have received confirmation that they have received my request, but after two weeks of waiting, still no reply. I have sent 2 other follow-up emails, but still no response. At this point, I have spent $1,500.00 on a product that does not work, and no way to communicate with the company that manufactures it. In researching ProForm's customer service complaints online, I was shocked to discover that there are plenty of other people having the same problems. Check for yourself and see! How can this company still be in business? Very upset and dissatisfied.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My husband purchased and assembled this bike (ProForm Studio Bike Pro) for me for Christmas. I was so excited to receive it, I read that it was a great bike and was excited to train on it. The first time I rode it, no problem but I needed to adjust position of the seat for my comfort and to avoid injury. After adjusting the seat it has been nothing but trouble. The seat started to wiggle side to side... we tightened it down but the design is so terrible you cannot tighten enough to make it hold still. Then it started to tip forward and backward mid training. I called Proform about 1 week after riding because of the seat moving...Jan 5...was advised my replacement parts would be at my house in 2 weeks - I ordered 3 parts. I received 1 part 2 weeks later, and now on March 13 I’m still waiting for the other 2 parts. I have called multiple times, wait at least 20 minutes to get anyone and am told “we don’t have in stock”, “no estimated arrival time”, ”it should be soon”.

When I ask about what they’re going to do to make it right they tell me that there’s nothing they can do. Now the seat is so jacked up I cannot even sit on my bike without the supports on the saddle coming apart and tipping backward while I ride. This is the worst design I’ve ever seen for a piece of equipment, especially one that cost $1500. I’m INCREDIBLY disappointed and frustrated. I wish we would have saved a good $1000 and just bought a trainer for my bike and not wasted our time and money on this equipment. I now have a $1500 clothing rack. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. While the product looks great, if you have any trouble their customer service is WORTHLESS.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I am submitting this review to warn people about how horrible the experience with ProForm has been. I ordered a top of the line "Tour de France" exercise bicycle and included the "white glove" service of assembly. This cost tops $ 2,000. For my efforts I basically got two truck drivers and a bag of tools. They had no idea how to assemble the bike. So much for the "white glove" service. I called the company back, and the next day two "technicians" showed up. They knew less than the truck drivers. I might talk about customer service here - long waits on the phone (like 40 minutes) to get anyone to respond. I finally on day 3 got someone who knew what they were doing. He finally assembled it, but the first time I used it an clicking noise started coming out of the bottom bracket with every pedal stroke. This is a DISASTER. If you even think of ordering a ProForm product, run the other way quickly.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Ordered treadmill (ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill) on 11/24/17. After multiple long calls with their hotline, on hold, hours and hours spent, have canceled order today on 2/6/18. Heard many excuses. Product was lost, they would escalate issue and get back (they never call you back). After issue a new re-order and $100 credit (credit was never received) over a month ago, product never came. I cancelled, got confirmation of cancel but I don't trust the company to refund after all these problems. I've also disputed their charges with my credit card company. Recommend you stay away from ProForm. I will never buy another product from their or affiliated company.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Placed an order for a treadmill and a bike on January 2nd. It's January 17th and nobody can help us figure out why it hasn't shipped. We have called every day for the last 10 days with no luck. Each person has a different story as to why it hasn't shipped. Yesterday we were told the equipment is now in backorder and it will be 2-3 weeks before they are shipped. Well, we made sure they were in stock when we placed the order. I am currently on the phone... On hold again... Just to get answers. Their customer service is just awful!!

FYI, for anyone wondering, they have not offered to give a discount or offered to expedite shipping. In fact, I have been hung up on a couple of times. Hung up even though I was calmly asking questions. I have not been rude to them and I expect the same in return. We will be telling every person we know to stay far from them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Horrible Customer Service. I mean, truly the most wretched customer support I have ever experienced. These people will hang up on you when asking questions or reporting an issue. They are the same company as NordicTrack and the customer support is the same. I mean truly, in my 40 years of life, this is the absolute worst customer support I have ever experienced. So, they have lost out on a $1500 purchase from us. We went with another company. Clearly they do not care.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Like to spend hours on hold and be passed around while a simple question cannot be answered? Then ProForm is for you. When Comcast has quicker customer support it’s a big red flag. ProForm literally goes out of their way to keep you on hold - for hours.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I bought two machines from the site directly. Since then I received one email saying that it shipped. I haven't heard any further on the status and whenever I check the status, I get the same message. No update... I tried to call many times, but to no avail. NO ONE answers the phone. At this point I want to cancel my order, but how can I cancel it when I can't reach anyone? This is one experience that went wrong. I wish I read the reviews before I bought the equipment. Very bad experience... Never ever that I would do this again. Stay away from them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Placed an order today 12/15/17 at 10:00. After being told recipient did not want the gift I called back at 10:20 to cancel. First attempt was via Chat Line and I was told order was placed and they could not guarantee cancelling it. Then attempted email, and have not received response. Tried to call, put on hold for 20 minutes. Never got through. Tried chat again, to no avail. Tried calling again, after 40 minute hold, I was told again that order had gone to warehouse and they couldn't confirm the cancel. I have spent the last two hours trying to cancel an order without success. If I don't hear from them shortly I have no choice but to dispute charges to my card.

ProForm Fitness expert review by Mark Barroso

ProForm treadmills are the official treadmill of the Boston Marathon, and many of the athletes competing in the race use ProForm equipment to train. This company is owned by ICON Health and Fitness, which also produces NordicTrack fitness equipment.

• Most models are fairly inexpensive: ProForm offers budget treadmills for less than $1,000, and these lower-end treadmills come with 18 programs so users aren’t missing a lot by not saving up for a higher-end machine.

• All models are iFit compatible: Users who have an iFit membership can integrate it easily with ProForm machines.

• Round watts meter: LED lights light up around a circle, showing how much power the user is outputting while exercising. The three workout zones of the circle are endurance, tempo or peak. Some models include this watts meter, which is ideal for interval training.

• Lots of programs: No matter what a user’s exercise needs are, he or she should be able to meet them using one of 38 ProForm’s programs.

• Hybrid machines: For consumers looking for a multi-purpose machine, ProForm makes a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/elliptical called the Hybrid Trainer and a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/rower called the Dual Trainer.

• Best for: Consumers who want to buy a treadmill, elliptical, hybrid machine, strider, upright/recumbent bike, indoor cycling bike or rower.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

ProForm Company Information