ProForm

ProForm

3.3/5 (60 ratings)

About ProForm

ProForm Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProForm Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I recently bought a Proform Carbon spin bike and I am so glad I did. I had my eye on Peloton for a while but the price was out of my budget. This proform bike is exactly what I wanted!! Fits my budget + everything you would expect. It’s a great brand and has very high quality products. I have been using this bike some past few weeks and I am very pleased to say that it meets all my requirements.

The design of the bike is very contemporary and provides me an option to place my iPad right in front of me while cycling. The pedals comes with a protective cover and acts as a layer of additional safety. The bike is steady and sturdy. The handle bar design provides me the flexibility to cycle both while standing or in sitting position. I love the fact that it comes along with a set of 3 pound dumbbells which can be placed right behind the seat. I was given this bike at a discounted price for providing my unbiased opinion.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I received my bike for a minimized rate in exchange for my impartial opinion. That being said, I have had it almost a month and have been able to incorporate it in my daily schedule with the iFit ap. The bike is easy to use for both my short stature (5'1) and to adjust for my husband (6'1). I love having the water bottle holder, the straps to secure my shoes and the tablet holder for watching the workout of the day. The bike is quality and took less than an hour to put together.

Monica

Way to get a consistent daily schedule going for your workouts. We’re glad we can be a part of your fitness routine, and that you and your husband have both found it easy to use.

Please reach out to us in a Facebook DM if you ever have questions. We’re here for you.

Thanks - ProForm

Get buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I was specifically looking for a compact treadmill. This ProForm Cadence Compact 500 is really well suited for my small home gym. It can also easily fold to save space. The instruction was clear and straightforward. Packaging could have been better particularly on corner sides when shipping. A small part of the treadmill bent; thankfully it was easily fixable and does not compromise the functionality.

Nothing beats getting out of bed and not having to leave the house to get to a gym/health club quality workout especially when you are busy. A free iFit membership for 30 days is also included which has lots of statistics. Overall this compact product is perfect for a busy life and a small room. iFit is an amazing company! Great and responsive customer support. I feel motivated to be the best version of myself. Disclaimer: I received a discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I looked at several other Squat racks on Amazon, Walmart, academy, and google.. This was my first choice, and I don't regret it. I was a little skeptical of the quality of this power rack at first, based on the price. I have purchased a few power racks over the years and have used many more power racks at various weight rooms. At this price point, I had some reluctance, but was willing to give it a try. I am pleased to say, after setting this up and using it extensively over the past two weeks, my reluctance has turned to over excitement for how great it is. This is an excellent rack, high quality, sturdy, full of features and at a great price

I am very pleased with everything. I put it together by myself, (but I recommend having a friend help you.) It is a lot sturdier than I thought it would be and with the weights on it, it doesn't move at all. The cage is deep enough to fit a bench comfortably in for bench press, which was a complaint for some of the other cages. Buy it and enjoy! I received discounted product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I am trying to put together a home gym in my garage. So far this Proform carbon rack xl has been a great starter for that. It’s very easy to assemble, it took me between 30 minutes to an hour to get it completely put together and all the bolts tightened. The assembly instructions are to the point and easy to read, so there is no guessing what goes where. I did need an extra set of hands for the top bolts while I held pieces in place. It’s a good, sturdy, heavy duty rack & there’s no rocking during workouts. There’s an endless amount of workouts you could do on this single rack. With that being said I’m able to do every workout I physically want to do with no problems. The size of the rack doesn’t interfere with the rest of the area and if I need to I can easily slide it where I want it. I’m very pleased with the product I received. I can’t wait to see some real results in the near future using this to my full advantage. I received a discount for this product in exchange for my honest feedback.

Resolution response: May 13, 2022

They are working with me....They did send an email that wasnt from iFit or Proform so it was missed. They just want to send parts kit. So it's something..not quite what I paid for..but at this time it is something.

Original review: May 13, 2022

IFIT, PROFORM, NORDIC TRACK. It has now been two months after white glove delivery of an IFIT Proform machine. It was delivered w/o parts kit so they could not put together. After numerous attempts the responses are all the same including this interesting one "Thank you for your patience as it may take a couple weeks to respond through our system at this time." This could have been resolved with a sending of the parts kit but no.

To add insult to injury they just sent me a notice asking me to buy their extended warranty. They cannot provide a working machine but now they want me to buy an extended warranty. At this time, they have basically taken my money and delivered an unusable product. I suggest you look at all of ICON (now IFIT) product reviews before you buy. There are other choices out there that deliver a working product. SO, in conclusion buying an IFIT piece of equipment may be a roll of the dice, you may not get a working product, you may not be able to resolve, and their warranty may be no good.

Guy

This is highly unusual and we apologize you have not received an appropriate response from us to address this. We are confident that we can provide a solution quickly for you.

Reach out to us at the email given via private message here so we can obtain the needed details to offer you the options available to you at this time. We would like to restore your faith in us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 27, 2022

From the moment I figured out that there is a defect in the magnetic resistance in the product, it has been a nightmare! After multiple attempts to contact customer service, a duplicate magnetic resistance was sent to me and I was told that it is easily replaceable. Utter lies! After taking off 24 screws, I was nowhere close to replacing the part. After again contacting customer service, I was promised that a technician will come and fix it for me. One month later, no phone calls and no contact. At that point, I did not want that product any longer and asked that I get the full refund on the product and pick up the product. The money has been refunded, however, for over 3 weeks now and no one has called me to pick up the product. Just a terrible experience with a well known company.

Atanu

We’re glad you have a full refund, but are sorry for any delays that you have experienced. We ask for patience as we work to collaborate with your local service providers available to best meet your needs.

If you have questions or would like to request further assistance, contact our Customer Experience team. We will provide contact details privately.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: April 8, 2022

I've been trying to contact Proform's customer service to get a technician to look at my treadmill (it makes a loud creaking noise with every step when jogging on it, unless the incline is over 5). I filled out the form on iFit.com, but didn't get a response for a few weeks. At the end of the email, it said that responses may take 15-20 business days, and to use the phone number if I wanted quicker resolution. I didn't want to wait 15-20 business days for every reply, so I tried calling, but phone customer service is literally nonexistent. It just refers you to iFit.com and hangs up, with no option to wait on hold for an agent. I ended up using the online chat system, but the first two times, the chat lost connection when my screen went dark (I had to step away from the screen for a few minutes to unscrew things and look at parts, per the chat agents' suggestions).

The third time, the agent closed the chat while I was checking on something to answer their question. There's no way to recover the chat once this happens, you just have to start over (you can save the transcript, but that's it). I recognize that there may be a shortage of agents right now, but it would be helpful to have a chat system that allows recovery of a previous chat, even if there's some delay, so that you are working with the same agent as before and don't have to bring a new one up to speed every time. The chat agents are doing their best, but there has to be some way to maintain the chat connection, or make it recoverable, if my screen goes dark.

Dallin

We highly appreciate your recommendation here and will offer this feedback to the appropriate team to consider as we continually improve our services.

Let’s take a look at your account and see what we can do. For a more informed response, send us an email to the address given in a private message here.

Thanks - ProForm

Original review: April 4, 2022

In November of 2021 I purchased an elliptical from Pro From. The product was never sent to me, and they started billing me. I sent several emails and called; no one ever reached out or returned my calls. The shipping link never updated. At the end of December, I disputed the charge through my creditor and finally was able to get a response. This created a return in their system, and my account was credited. Now they are saying I have to pay a $250.00 shipping charge because it is in their contract that the customer must pay to ship. Despite never receiving my product, because they claim it was shipped, I am responsible. This is unethical and unreal.

Maria

It appears there has been a misunderstanding we would like to address.

Our return policy does hold the purchaser responsible to pay for shipping when they choose to return a machine that has already shipped. However, we would like to look into what actually occurred in your situation.

Contact us at the info provided through a private message.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased the HIIT H14 and Pro R10 Rower in Dec 2021 from ProForm. I paid for White Glove delivery of the H14. They dropped the H14 under my carport on my driveway. For over two months, I called ProForm to ask them to complete the White Glove delivery into my home. They suggested more than once that I move it myself - it weighs 225 pounds which is why I paid for White Glove delivery. ProForm reps kept making excuses and tried to get me to move the H14 into my home myself. I disputed the equipment charge on my credit card in mid-February. Still no one contacted me to rectify the situation now 3 months.

Today, I receive a call that they are picking up the H14 on 3/31/22 and taking it back and still refuse to deliver it into my home. That is idiotic of a business to offer White Glove Service if they cannot deliver it and now they want to wait 120 days to pay back my white glove service charge of $210.83. I will never purchase a ProForm product again. Any business that works like this, does not deserve to be in business.

Camille

This is highly unusual and we are sorry for this situation. We want to look into this in more detail and will need more information to do so.

We are confident that we can reach a more appropriate solution for you. We apologize for any inconsistencies in our communication or confusion that may have occurred about this situation. See our contact information in the pm for more information.

ProForm Fitness author review by Mark Barroso

ProForm treadmills are the official treadmill of the Boston Marathon, and many of the athletes competing in the race use ProForm equipment to train. This company is owned by ICON Health and Fitness, which also produces NordicTrack fitness equipment.

• Most models are fairly inexpensive: ProForm offers budget treadmills for less than $1,000, and these lower-end treadmills come with 18 programs so users aren’t missing a lot by not saving up for a higher-end machine.

• All models are iFit compatible: Users who have an iFit membership can integrate it easily with ProForm machines.

• Round watts meter: LED lights light up around a circle, showing how much power the user is outputting while exercising. The three workout zones of the circle are endurance, tempo or peak. Some models include this watts meter, which is ideal for interval training.

• Lots of programs: No matter what a user’s exercise needs are, he or she should be able to meet them using one of 38 ProForm’s programs.

• Hybrid machines: For consumers looking for a multi-purpose machine, ProForm makes a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/elliptical called the Hybrid Trainer and a 2-in-1 recumbent bike/rower called the Dual Trainer.

by Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Advisor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

ProForm Company Information