Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

Planet Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Been a member for 2 years and the cheap price was attractive at first. Although their motto was "No Critics" – this Planet Fitness would constantly post negative things about folks who took fitness seriously calling them “Lunks” and other derogatory names - which is critical in itself! After the covid lockdown here in PA, the governor has a mask order in place which I complied with. In Section 3 the covid mask order it states: If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, then you are exempt. I brought a copy of Governor Wolf’s order to Planet Fitness was it was rejected which seems like a violation of the Americans With Disability’s Act!

Many military veterans return from the Middle East with Desert Storm Lung Disease or Silicosis from the sandy environment. I am one of those Veterans who spent time in the Middle East in the mid 90’s and have this medical condition. The owner of the Nazareth Planet Fitness kicked me out even after I explained the governor's order and my medical condition as well as my military service. This gym is discriminatory to US Military Veterans and I encourage every rational person to boycott this gym and put them out of business. PA Covid Order On Face Coverings: **.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I took the membership a year ago and I specifically asked the gym to not auto renew my membership. However, They decided to just go ahead and auto renew anyways. Now to cancel the membership I am expected to either go back to the gym or send them a letter for cancellation. I don't live in the New Hartford New York anymore so go back to the town just to cancel my membership is out of question. During this Covid times. I am expected to go to post office, mail them a letter. Not sure why email wouldn't do the same job what posting a letter will. Extremely poor experience and also illegal to renew my membership when it is set to not auto-renew.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I love going to Planet Fitness, it's a really nice gym to be at and workout at. I'm just really frustrated and disappointed with how the employees handle things and enforce rules. When I was at the gym today, I was working out minding my own business and keeping to myself. And sometimes I take masks breaks (which Planet Fitness actually recommends) when I get overheated after a workout. Before I pull my mask down I always make sure there is no one around me for my safety and the safety of others, it's a sign of respect. When I pulled my mask down below my nose for about 20 seconds, an employee comes out of nowhere and tells me to put it back over my nose. I didn't say anything and just put it back over my nose.

I was in shock because I there was no one around me and I've taken masks breaks all the time when I'm at the gym. It's crazy to me how the employees are so quick to tell you about your mask but they don't enforce the dress code or really any of the other rules. I'm sick of seeing people walking around in sports bras and spandex. I have seen multiple people work out in jeans when you're not supposed to, I've seen PDA right in the gym, I've seen and heard men and women constantly moaning and groaning every time they lift weights. It's unbelievable to me how the employees walk around the gym every 20 minutes and they STILL don't call any of them out.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Where to begin... I went from bankrupt Gold's where everything was broken to PF where everything is new. BUT, I had to make 3 trips to my car to get the information they needed to sign up. They bill my bank account directly and not my credit card - a MAJOR security concern. Third, on virtually all the tread mills there are problems with the audio. I have reported it 4 days out of the last 7 and no one listens. The usual response is "I can't do anything. I will report it. I'll let the manager know." Fifth, every time - I mean EVERY TIME - I have to open their useless app on my phone I have to agree to their terms of service. WTF???? Totally unnecessary.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Disgusting way of doing business during covid 19. Impossible to cancel membership due to branch franchise closures, then they open and start charging assuming everyone is going to come back! Corp assistance was poor! Astoria NY branch charging me for annual renewal when I’m trying to cancel. Phone goes to voicemail that is full. Went to another location to cancel. No luck. Sent a good ole fashioned letter in the US mail in hopes of cancelling. CEO should step up the quality of customer service DURING A PANDEMIC. Never giving business to this garbage corporation again. Give your local gym business instead.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

The MATERIAL Fitness Center at the Inverness FL location is awesome. The club manager is a Planet Fitness hiring mistake. Beware of her bait & switch tactics of baiting with a promotion flyer, then offering a contract absent of the promotion. She also baits customers with other bizarre legal claims that proved to be false. Her narcissistic personality disorder creates havoc for prospective members who actually read the contract. The regional manager had to intervene to stop the scorched-earth tactics of this deranged sociopath.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I signed a one-year contract with Planet Fitness well over a year ago. My contract ended during the pandemic back in June. Keep in mind that they shut down all gyms in March 2020. But Planet Fitness started charging my bank account again September 2020 transactions totaling $62. I called to complain and I got no results. Please do not give these people your banking information especially if you're living on a budget during this pandemic.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have paid up and cancel it on August 2020. They are trying to get more money from me. I will not go back. I recommended to people go somewhere else. With this COVID -19. I don't want myself or any other risk their health.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Before covid hit, I requested to cancel my membership and I spoke with the general manager, Chris at the location in Oceanside CA. He assured me my account would be cancelled and that I would not be charged, I even have a voicemail from 3/18/2020 confirming this. Last night I see a charge on my account and nobody can explain to me why. They keep asking me to come in, which I do not think I should have to considering I was already told by the manager I was cancelled. It is literally impossible to get real help and I just get told the same script over and over. Not happy and still no phone call back.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I wish I could give 0 stars, first off they charge you even when the membership is frozen, they don't complete the process of freezing or cancelling the membership. I went in to cancel due to high risk for covid, they said fee is 58 dollars, bear in mind it's 58+tax! The next day they charge me for the following month as if I'm still a member and refuse to give my money back. I will never ever go there again and discourage absolutely every single friend of mine who might consider joining them. I'm getting a new card so these scammers can't charge me anymore.

Planet Fitness Company Information