Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.33/5

Planet Fitness Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I received a coupon in mail. I went down to check out ended up signing up. I was told after I signed up that I didn’t pay for extra service so I need to figure out how to use equipment myself. I am elderly and on fixed income. I couldn’t afford more. He also informed me that I could cancel any time, as long as I wrote letter and informed them within 7 days prior to my monthly fee being taken out. I went to cancel today and they informed me I signed a contract. They had me sign so they could take out of my account on a monthly basis as long as I stayed and used. They are a very dishonest franchise please don’t sign up.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have been going to this Planet Fitness for some time now. The morning staff comprised of Brian, Marissa and Mariah are very polite, accommodating and professional. I have nothing but positive accolades to describe their courteous and distinguished manner of which they display on a daily basis.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Planet Fitness has the most inexperienced trainers and the ones that are there are very young and inexperienced and act like teenagers. The customer service is the worst. As soon as they find out you’re not happy they get even more rude.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I went to join the Planet Fitness today and was told that I could not pay via credit card, cash or check. The only form of payment they will accept is by you providing your account and routing numbers to your checking account, so they can go in each month and withdraw money from your account. Now, I know some people find that a convenience, but I'm not at all comfortable with people going in and withdrawing from my checking at all. I'm fine with them charging my credit card because credit cards are fully insured; the same is not true with your checking account. I'm not 100% sure if this is a Planet Fitness national policy or just an independent company that owns a number of franchises policy.

National Fitness, a subsidiary of Argonne Capital owns and operates 58 of the Planet Fitness 1800 locations, and the one I was trying to join falls under their umbrella. I find it very frustrating that I want to join, but my cash (legal tender), check or credit card as a form of payment is not good enough for them. They say that they are the "Non-Judgment" people, yet they seem to not only be judging their members' trust worthiness by only accepting access to their bank accounts as a form of payment, but they also seem to discriminating against all other legal forms of transaction. I unfortunately will not be becoming a member because of their unscrupulous monetary discrimination and poor/wrong Judgment!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Canceling a month-to-month contract should be a lot easier than they made it. First of all their website is useless and you basically have to go to your "home" center to do ANYTHING. So I go in to the center and cancel on the 16th of the month thinking I did it on time since I get billed on the 17th. I asked the employee if I had any other dues or will I be charged. He says no, and gives me a document saying that my last billable payment was the previous month. The next day I see a charge from none other than Planet Fitness, and I'm dumbfounded.

When I speak with the manager to inquire she says that their billing cycle is from the 10th-17th and that I should've canceled before the 10th. I'm like wtf! Why wasn't I told this or reminded of this. I canceled after a couple of years of being a member (since I moved), and of course they expected me to keep track of their billing cycle. Are you serious!?! And I even ask them if I can still go for the last month (since I payed) and they basically gave me no promises. The manager flat out said yeah you basically wasted your money, and put the blame on me for not keeping track of their system. No shame at all and she didn't even offer anything in the form of help. This was terrible service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I used the gym very seldom and went to cancel. Then I was told of a $10 late fee, because my credit card didn't go through (never told that by my credit card company and they won't cancel it until it is paid. Sorry, I'm not paying. For $10 bucks, they lost my business forever, and as many people as I can tell, I will. P.S. This is the 3rd time in 3 years I signup up with them, paid the yearly fee, and the 1st time this has ever happened. Bye greedy, money hungry unethical fitness people.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I had a minor concern about placement of floor mats at the Iowa City Planet Fitness location. I spoke to the manager about it and she immediately addressed the problem that both of us agreed on and had a smile on her face the entire time. I love Planet Fitness and their staff.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I notice on my Credit Card that my bill was being overcharge, I called Planet Fitness in Brooklyn on Flatbush to ask about the charges, they referred me to call ABC Finance. I called ABC Finance and the referred me back to PF. I called them back and told them that ABC Finance, informed me that the don't deal with payments, that's when I received helped. I asked the young man about my billing and I was annoyed about the back and forth, and so was the worker. I explained my situation and told him that I will just cancel my membership, he informed me that I need to come in to cancel.

I went in after work, apparently the same young man was working and canceled my membership on the spot. He didn't ask me anything to try to encourage me to stay. However another young lady did come and ask me, "what's the problem," I told her that they was taking extra money out of my account, she immediately went on the computer to see what's the problem. She informed me that my account, had the wrong information for my bank account and if I would fixed that situation they would reimburse me my the late fee. I told her that I cancel my membership already. She informed me to contact her manager Shannon on Tuesday the day after Labor day, because she's on vacation.

On September 9, 2019, I spoke to Shannon the manager, I explained the situation to her. I informed her that, even if they refund me the late fee, I'm okay with that. Shannon informed that they couldn't do that, because they couldn't get to my primary account, so they charge me a late fee. I informed her that they did have a resourceful account to take the money out of. Shannon also, informed me that it was my fault, because I didn't put the correct account down. SMH, No one never make a mistake, however once again, Planet Fitness you still had a resourceful account to take the payment from obviously. No one tried to fix the problem at all, but the young lady. What happened to customers first, and trying to keep your customers for the company. Please train your employees PF.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I had joined Planet Fitness online for the black card. I never used and went in to cancel membership. The guy at the front desk proceeds to tell that I cannot cancel because I am on a 12 month commitment. I told him I never agreed to that, didn't even know PF had 12 memberships. PF is now for no commitment, cancel anytime says so on website and commercials. He then proceed to tell me that I can buy out membership for $58. I will absolutely not pay them a cent more. I will reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and making it know on social media that they are cheating, conning customers to 12 month commitments and apparently even in person according to reviews.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I moved to a city about 4 hours away. I mistakenly thought there was a Planet Fitness in the new city but it was another gym similarly named. I contacted Planet Fitness and was told I had to go in person. I wasn't going to drive 4 hours away so I was told to mail a letter of cancellation. I bought a stamp (I never mail anything!) and mailed them this letter along with my key tab thingie. Still got charged. I contacted them again and was told to do it certified mail this time and in the interim was charged an additional $39 fee ON top of the monthly fee. So ridiculous. I am now spending more money to get this stupid certified letter and sending it today. I cannot believe that for out of town members, we are not allowed to cancel by email, fax or phone. Money grabbing company!

Planet Fitness Company Information