Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Planet Fitness Reviews

Original review: April 19, 2020

This gym is very economical and includes a lot of equipment for various type of workouts. Lots of tvs and music help with good distractions. TVs are limited to 8 channels that cannot be changed, meaning you may miss your hometown football team on a given week. They are very well run and they are kept very clean, especially given the high traffic in peak hours. They also carry some products such as earbuds if you forget yours or damage them, as well as drinks, locks, clothing etc. Best part is, if you have a black card, you can bring a friend for free or get a massage.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I cancel my membership 2 months ago, going to emergency discovered I had Lymphoma cancer. I went there and cancel my membership and they keep charging me. What else can I do, I spoke to a employee, I explain and they keep charging.

Original review: April 18, 2020

It's a friendly atmosphere, the staff is very knowledgeable. My only thing is they don't have Bluetooth and some type of relaxing spa or sauna. The equipment is easy to use and they do have trainers to help you accomplish your goals.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Joined just a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, they like all gyms are now closed. People are friendly and helpful as needed. They have ample disinfectant bottles to wipe down the equipment after use. The one I used before shut down offers my favorite Tootsie Rolls. Will be glad when they can reopen.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I really enjoy working out there. Everything is clean. Staff is friendly. I wish they offered some classes on weekends vs just during the week, last class being at 7 PM. I work til 6 and it was hard to get to classes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: April 17, 2020

We travel. Planet Fitness is in most big cities and several countries. Very easy to use - show your key fob, card on your phone or they can look up your id. I have the Black Card membership so I can bring a friend. The staff are helpful and the free classes are great.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Planet Fitness is very accessible and has great hours (well, not now since they are closed due to COVID-19). It's not like the YMCA where there is a family like environment. Planet Fitness needs to make the environmental friendlier. I prefer a gym that is more team oriented. And I wish the provided barre classes and yoga classes for experienced yogis.

Original review: April 16, 2020

Good work out place, has nice equipment works fine. Good atmosphere and open for more convenient schedule for those who work various hours and have kids to worry about. Many locations are very convenient when traveling.

Original review: April 16, 2020

There is multiple locations, if you have the Black Card you can enjoy all of the amenities in any Planet Fitness and not just your home gym. The equipment is in great condition. The only thing I wished they offered was a sauna. Besides that it's a great place to workout at.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I've been a member of most gyms during my lifetime, but by far Planet Fitness has been the best (for me). The equipment is good, staff is friendly, prices are great (especially if they have a sale going on) and every planet fitness I've been in has been extremely clean - something some of the "big names" in the past I've belonged to wouldn't be able to say. I currently live in an area that doesn't have any gyms within 25 miles from me so I've picked up my own home gym - really isn't the same though.

Planet Fitness Company Information