Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.53/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Planet Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

This gym discriminated against us and mistreated us. They allowed their trainer to mistreat us and discriminate against us and then banned us from the gym and made us cancel our membership when we spoke out about it. We should not have to tolerate such ill-treatment by their employee. The regional manager never did anything about it either. Even the previous manager Carlye told us that she was discriminated by the same trainer because she is a lesbian, we as a gay married couple in our 50's went to this gym since they opened for over five years, until we were targeted by this trainer who worked there a short time and discriminated us and then the manager banned us and made us cancel our membership. They took the side of the manipulative trainer. I would not recommend this gym.

They do not train their employees well in how to treat people and allow them to discriminate against their what they suspect are gay couples. The management here showed no education or consideration for our history and allowed this discrimination. The regional manager also did nothing about the problem. This gym never apologized or took action to support their customers. We would never do another positive review of this gym after how we were discriminated against and mistreated. This gym's management, and upper management should be ashamed of themselves for how they never handled this problem or addressed our concerns. We were surprised that such a big nationwide company would allow this to happen at one of their clubs. We are still waiting after a year for them to take action and apologize and give us our memberships back.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I signed up for a membership on 2/25/2020 at Williamsville, NY location. COVID hit around 3/17/2020. Gym closed until 8/28/2020. I emailed the location to cancel. They said to send a certified letter, which was received on 8/29. 9/2 received a call that I will be charged a $58 "buyout" fee as I want to cancel. I explained that I only had the membership 3 weeks and not fair. I also was charged $15/94 on 3/18 which I won't get back. So I paid $23.09 when I signed up on 2/25 which I'm ok with but then another $73.94 for a gym I could use. I will never sign up with them again. Club is too busy during peak times and I do not want to work out at 8:00 at night.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Thanks Planet Fitness for the super clean facilities and expert coaching. I love the new local PF and will stay as a member long term. I appreciate the $10/month fee and friendly service. Thanks for moving to our town.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I took my daughter to get a short term membership for the summer to be able to do her workouts for her college sport before returning to campus in the fall. We asked the sales associate if it was possible to avoid the $39.00 annual fee if my daughter would only be using the membership for June and July (2020). We were told yes, as long as we cancelled by August 8th, 2020. On August 1st, 2020, my account was debited 39.00 for the annual fee. We went into the location on Robious Road in Chesterfield County, VA where I purchased the membership and was told the individual who sold us the membership no longer worked there and that she had told us the wrong date.

I explained had I been given the correct information about the fee we would have said "thanks but no thanks" and left. They said they had to get approval from some regional person. After not hearing back the next day I called back. I was told they had not been given an answer on whether I would get a refund. Three more days passed without word. I called back on August 7 and was told the "supervisor" would not authorize the refund. I can assure Planet Fitness that is the last money they will ever get out of me.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I’ve been using Planet Fitness since mid 2018, now that the pandemic hit, I went into my bank account and realized that have been billing me for all this time, and I have not gone to the gym for the this whole year, at all; so I called my branch and asked if it was possible to get a refund at least for the months of the pandemic and the annual fee which the person who attended me said she could not do since my account had been active the whole time. I tried calling in to cancel my account, but of course, they’re closed. We’re all going through a life changing pandemic, and I really can’t process how planet fitness can understand that and be more flexible about it. I’m very disappointed on this branch and hope we don’t have to cross paths again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

My account was cancelled in November 2019 and it is now August 2020. They were sent 4 emails of cancellation since my membership was over. To this day they continue to charge my account yearly fees and monthly I have also spoken to the company five times and they still are charging me. The last time before manager the next day they decided to double charge me after my monthly payment was the week before. This last phone call With the general manager Scott he said no way he would refund Any money whatsoever. Also can not log back into account to change the payment method so now they can continue charging me. 10 months of unauthorized charging.

What a scam. They take your payment info, will not let you use account, then continue to charge you. I guess maybe that’s their scam to stay in business. By the way only used club twice in the one year contract that ended in November 2019. So there is no way of stopping them to do this forever. Horrible scam of a company. Very scary.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Bad Bad Bad experience. Please, I beg you: spend your hard earned money somewhere else. The company claims to have cheap fees but I continue to be charged and I even had to pay $40 for a annual fee in the middle of Covid crisis. I tried to contact them SEVERAL times via phone, I sent them a letter trying to cancel my membership and they simply respond to that with one sentence: We haven't received it. They will do whatever it takes to take your money. Scammers!!

I spoke with one assistant manager on the Orlando Club called Jose and with a district manager for franchises called Mauricio **. Both of them refused to refund the annual fee. The district manager ONLY believes his manager and told us that we have never sent the letter requesting cancellation. He ONLY believes his manager and told us that we have never called the club trying to speak with the manager. The WORST customer service EVER!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I called Planet Fitness (Polaris location) to freeze my account due to the COVID situation. I work with children and cannot risk to be exposed to the virus. I was told to cancel my account or get a doctor's note. I suggested to bring a note from my employer specifying my daily involvement with kids, but I was refused. We (customers) are asked to be understanding and patient with the current situation and the impact on businesses, but it is not the same the other way around! Support each other.... Sad and disappointed.

Update: Today, my bank account was charged $41.93 for an yearly fee to a membership that I did not get the chance to use it due to the COVID situation. This is so wrong!!! Per website, PF supposed to let customers know through email if their billing changed. I did not get any kind of communication. My support for this business just stopped ...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I joined a few weeks ago and this is the second time I find the club closed early!!!! Same excuse. Technical problems? Nothing on their website to say clueing. Drive down for nothing again and I’m done with this place!!! Now I know why it’s cheap cheap service ok! Going back to my old club!!!! You *8 get what you pay for. Trust me!!’ I’m pissed off and should get a free month.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

After initial virus 'Panic" was over and Planet Fitness opened back up, there was no Face Mask Requirement at my location. Everyone showed respect by wiping equipment down before and after use. Today, 8/2/2020 Planet Fitness decided mask are required "walking from machine to machine". Meaning you can take it off while at a machine, but you must put it on to walk to the next. Madness and Idiotic. All Machines are like 5-6' apart. If I am in the 30 minute work out area, I have to put a mask on to take 2 steps? Utterly insane.

You Idiots, people continuously touching their faces putting a sweaty mask on and taking off then touching equipment is much worse than not wearing a mask at all. Besides HEALTHY People go to the gym. Needless to say, I canceled the Communists Subscription on the spot. YOU implemented Communist Rules Planet Fitness, Please do NOT charge me extra to cancel for something I did NOT sign up for.

Planet Fitness Company Information