Parks TaeKwonDo Federation

Our programs are designed around self defense and fitness, to challenge both physical and mental abilities in children and adults.

Our Locations:

Coral Springs - Boca Raton - Parkland - Coconut Creek

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My 5 yr old attended the same class for the past 5 months. One day, the 2 regular instructors were not in, so the owner was there to fill in. The owner took one look at me (black women) and my son (mixed child) and informed us that he could not participate... and to leave... take him off the mat. We were blown away. As I stated before, we had been to the same class time & day since January 2015. The owner told my 5 yr old to leave because the schedule does not accommodate his age. As a mother, father, and/or caregiver how do you explain to your child that he can no longer do what he's been doing for the last five months. I begged and begged the owner to please allow him to stay just for today as he is already on the mat and ready to go. The owner said, "NO! He must GO!"

Other parents on the side lines took notice of what was happening and starting to commenting on the tastelessness and disrespect the owner displayed. The owner had no problem taking money up until then... and he will not return my emails regarding canceling my membership. This place does not care about the progression of the child! The two regular instructor are great. I pray they can find another school that actually cares about the child progress and not the color of the skin. My child matters, no matter my/his color.

My daughter is always excited to go to Parks for her taekwondo lesson. I like how they're able to cater to young children like her, who is four years old, and make it fun and still allow her to learn and progress. The people that work there are very personable and engaging, and my daughter likes them.

My son loves it. My child was interested in the discipline because he is young. He is just four. I would recommend Parks TaeKwonDo. Their teachers are very good and I like the system they have.

Since my son's been in preschool, he liked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He's always been interested in karate and taekwondo. Park's just moved next to the place where I go to eat with my son. They would blow up a balloon character outside, and that's what excited my son to go in and start looking. We've been there 15 times now and the classes are always positive. The instructors do it in a manner that makes my child understand the discipline from it, but they're not screaming at him or anything. Now my whole family - my son, my daughter, my wife and I signed up a family class that we have to go in. I couldn't be happier.

We like the teachers, they teach the kids well, the kids like it, and they really like their teacher there, which is the most important thing. It's also convenient for us because it's just around the corner. The only complaint I have or what the people are complaining about is the money -- they're worried about money in the bottom line all the time. I know they're worried about the students, but they're also more worried about getting more money out of you for this and for that once they get you in there. We're paying Parks TaeKwonDo for three years. We have two kids in there and we're paying over $300 a month. We're paying a lot of money as it is--it's like a car payment almost--and then nothing is included with that. Basically, what you're paying for is just the classes.

Then we also have to pay for testing ($50), for the equipment ($200), for uniforms ($90). I wish there was more stuff that was included in the monthly payment. If you talk to a hundred people, 99 people will probably tell you the same thing. I know they're in business and they want to make money, but you've got to treat the people a little bit better as far as giving and including stuff. We only have so much money to go around. It's expensive. There are other activities that are much cheaper like soccer and tennis.

It's a good thing what the kids are learning is really good. This is something they can do for the rest of their lives and they're also teaching honesty and respect, and treating people with courtesy. So they're learning a lot. They're not only learning karate, but they're learning life lessons and stuff they can use for the rest of their lives. So it's got good points and bad points. It's a lot of money but the bottom line -- if the kids like it, I guess it's worth it. It's what it comes down to. That's the honest truth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Park's TaeKwonDo Federation?

Park's Taekwondo is great fun for the kids. They wanted to do something to stay active, and when I saw the Taekwondo I thought it would be interesting. I was driving by next to a house and saw the sign there 'Park's Taekwondo', and walked in. It's a new location. It was very easy to sign up for the classes. When I go pick up the kids, their instructors were always nice to me when I talk to them. It's really good and the kids like it. It's for them and they learn how to be more respectful to us.

I enrolled my child in Parks TaeKwonDo because I wanted him to learn how to defend himself. It is good for him. So far all is good. The other day my son said the instructor pushed a little hard. This is the only concern that I have. But sometimes the instructor needs to be very hard in class.

Park’s services are fine but they set you up as a parent where they get your kid in there and you get them started and the kid loves it. So then they bring you in and they ask you, “Are you happy? Does your kid love it? Then you want to put him in the black belt program and you need to give us $5000.” So it went like that. They get you on the hook. You think you’re going to pay monthly or weekly but they get you set up like that and then they make you sign a purchase agreement and you have to give them $5000, or you have to tell your kids that they don’t get to go do what they love anymore. So it’s a high-pressure scenario I didn’t appreciate very much.

We paid the $5000 and my son does continue to go there and he does continue to enjoy it. But as a parent, it’s a tough spot. $5000 covers three years of classes but we’re buying a house out of town and we’re going to end up losing. Master Park brought us into his office and he closed us. He closed us with my kid on board and everybody is excited about the taekwondo. With my experience with Park’s, I would recommend them but I would warn people of that sales pitch that you’re going to get. All in all, they’re great but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I heard about Parks TaeKwonDo from one of my friends about a couple of years ago. He used to do TaeKwonDo and I never had interest until now. I like the instructors. My instructor is really good. I'm already one of the most advanced white belts. They're dedicated. It was a great experience.

My child loved her karate class in school but we wanted to put her in something more different so we took her in Parks, which is the closest to our house. Signing up for classes was very easy. They’re very nice people and gladly answered any questions that we had. They’re wonderful with our child and she’s doing very well. She loves it and I would recommend it to anybody.

I wanted my daughter to start being more active and work out. I was doing my own research and found about Parks. I chose it because it was close by, and the price was right and very reasonable. And when I went in the first day, the teachers were nice, very structured and it was great. My daughter is learning. She's picking it up very well. She's become very more confident and more go to now. She's only been in there for about three months now and so her confidence level is being built up, and her energy level has climbed up. I like the fact that they're very engaging with the students. They keep the students wanting to learn more. It's a good school. I would definitely recommend them to a friend. It's a great experience.

My son was discriminated against by and kicked after 2 days out not because he was hitting, kicking, spitting, pushing, using bad words or anything negative. But because he asked to share which is what is taught in school whom they have a contract with. My son did nothing but cry. Instead of the master and staff encouraging togetherness and sharing they said, "Well we will just kick him out." I also believe that some people don't know they are discriminating against children; however, if my son had blonde hair and blue eyes they would have worked with him more. Even myself having a conversation with the Master was belittling because I asked him a question twice (Are kids allowed to bring their own toys?) and he repeated with the same rebuttal, "So basically your son is too immature." I asked, "Did you hear I just asked you a question very nicely?" and he repeated it AGAIN. My son is devastated because he keeps asking me why can't he go and he says he was a good boy but he doesn't understand yet how people treat you because the color of your skin and it is the most disappointing thing I have ever experienced.

We apologize that you did not have the experience we are known for. We have behavior expectations from all of our students which is to have respect and follow directions. Once again we are apologetic that our school was not a positive fit for your child.

My wife and I were interested in doing martial arts, so I did some online research. We were looking for a specific type of martial arts which wasn’t offered and when we tried with Master Park of Parks TaeKwonDo, we loved the class, and ended up doing a few sessions. Signing up was very easy. The instructors are very knowledgeable. We do have a lot of questions and everything is covered thoroughly. Our learning experience is pretty steady. We practice at home and go 5 nights a week, so we're dedicated to it. It’s been very enlightening in terms of just doing things that my wife and I think we could still do as far as physical conditioning. We always want to impress the instructors. We practice at home because we want to show pride and make him proud of us.

I first heard about Parks TaeKwonDo when they did a promotional event in my son's school. We signed up because they had donated items for classes at auction and we just bought like four of the items so my family could all do it together. The classes were easy, and the instructors have a lot of patience with the little ones. They have multiple instructors who have different styles, but they were all very good with the children. My kids' learning experience has been very good - it has given them confidence and some sort of motivation. Overall, it's been a great opportunity for the family to do something that they love and at the same time build skills, discipline and self confidence for the kids. So, its kind of a win-win for us.

I study TaeKwonDo a few years ago when I was young and I got my belt but I never thought I'll do it right now (kind of busy with work). But I signed up with Parks because it was very close to my house. The instructors are very nice people and my son loves them so I'm very happy with them. The only thing that I will say is how they charge for everything. You have to pay like 300 more for printing the uniform and the gear. If you see a white uniform, why don't they just buy a full gear instead of using the red and the blue uniform? They just give some and then they say, "No, this one is not good for blue uniform." It's basically the same thing but now they make you spend like 300 more. They change the uniform, the color, but not all the gear. I don't think that is correct but it's my opinion. It's just getting money out of the pocket. But still it's very exciting and very good.

It's a wonderful program and we're very happy there. We just started with Parks a couple of months ago but it's been wonderful. My son loves it. My son joined to have an activity that he was interested in and to learn discipline. In a short period of time, my son learned so much already and practices everyday. The teachers are great with the kids (I really liked the style of the instructor that went to the enrichment at school and how he handled the kids.) Their people are very attentive to the kids and they know every child there. Also, they make an effort to really involve the parents. They're very informative. They're constantly keeping us in a loop after every class. They give us an update on what's going on or send out calendars.

Parks Taekwondo had a presentation in my children's school and my children asked me to take them there. I never looked into other schools to compare, but right now the school is really good and I like it. It was very easy to sign up with them. The instructors are good to the kids. They connect with them, to show them and guide them because it's about discipline. The staff is really good. I couldn't afford to pay their real price and they worked out an arrangement with me. Parks is great.

I signed my son up because I want to improve his self confidence. My son is about 5 years over there. I would say he improved a lot in self confidence and learned a lot about taekwondo. He likes the school and he's comfortable in this school and with the instructors too. But at some point, after years, sometimes I feel like he's been stuck because he's not improving more than what he did already. Anyway, I chose this school for my son because of the Korean instructors. I think they are pretty good, especially the Korean instructors because they have a lot of discipline and they know what they do. But the thing is Parks TaeKwonDo change instructors all the time. They don’t have a regular instructor for at least a year or a couple of years. Also, the way they manage the sign up for classes is a contract so at the beginning it was kind of hard for me because they have a contract... I did it and I'm still there. But I would like to meet another option besides a contract, like monthly commitment.

Parks Taekwondo Federation was at the mall promoting the school. My son always wanted to take taekwondo classes. He tried it and liked it. One of the things that I like with Parks is they’re disciplinarians and know how to deal with the kids. They’re a little pricey. But, even though they discipline them, they still make the kids feel comfortable and I’m good with that.

Signing up for classes with them seems easy enough. One of the things they do is give the parents a trial. You could take your kids for a trial lesson before you decide to sign up, which is a good gimmick to get you into it. When it comes to the schooling, they keep on tabs when it comes to kids and their behavior at the school, which is really good. My son is learning pretty well. They signed him up for the tournament team as well as the demo team. It all depends on what they teach and if the child also wants to learn what they’re teaching. I also like the fact that they do things besides just offer the courses.

One of the things that I would want to suggest is maybe they can give back instead of charging every time there’s an event. They had a Halloween thing and at first there was a cost but people started talking and they reduced the cost. They had a family night out and there was a charge to that and it’s $30 per person, which is a lot especially if it’s more than one of you. Other than that, I think it’s a good school. It’s been a good experience with Parks so far. My son hasn’t said to me, “Mommy, I don’t want to go tomorrow.” So that’s a really good thing.

I live in Parkland and I know the owner so I had my son take taekwondo classes from Parks. It's something different for my son and very convenient from my house. Signing up has been very easy. The instructors have been fantastic and great with the kids. My son really enjoys it. He seems to be learning and is doing well with it. I'd totally recommend it to a friend. So far it's a great experience.

My son had already been in a taekwondo class that we'd missed out on a semester of signing him up again and he was saddened by that, so he wanted to continue. We decided to look locally instead of at the school and found Parks and we signed him up there. My son is the top-ranked student in the entire Parks TaeKwonDo. He's been there for over ten years. It's been a very long term, strong growth type of environment, and they treated him like their own kid so it's been really good. I ended up having all four of my boys in there at one time or another. My oldest and my youngest are still doing it. My middle two finished up to black belt and they stopped. I liked it that much to have all of them in it.

I first heard about Parks TaeKwonDo when I was moving into the area and saw it in the plaza. Signing up was easy. The instructors are amazing. They are wonderful with the children and my daughter loves them. She can’t wait to go to class every single time, so it’s perfect. The learning experience was excellent. She has learned a lot in many different areas. It’s a program, not just activity-wise, but also a way of life. It’s great for a young child to go through that experience.

My daughter was 4-1/2 when she started at Parks TaeKwonDo. She’s now a third degree black belt. Parks TaeKwonDo did amazing things for my daughter. She’s actually become an awesome person. She has grown and she has become strong and her self-esteem has risen and I appreciate all of that and they know that.

But they’ve become very boring. To be honest, Parks TaeKwonDo was amazing to the point that my daughter right now tried starting back and she’s very bored. It’s 45 minutes of just wasted time. It’s not active enough. It’s not nonstop. If you are doing 45 minutes to an hour, I think it should be constant. The adrenaline is not there. I’m thinking the caring that they had before is not there. They did well by us for her growing from 4-1/2 but moving forward now, as for the past year, I have to force her to go back, and that’s not my daughter. She loves taekwondo. So she decided to try other sports and we are finding another school in February, unfortunately. We are leaving January. We are closing our contract. I am not going back to Park’s TaeKwonDo. And that’s sad because I really did care and I really loved the school.

I met the owner the other day. He wants to sell me a lifetime package but I don’t want a lifetime package if she’s not happy. And I think it’s a little too pricey. I pay $180 a month right now and I’ve been wasting it because my daughter don’t want to be there. But I don’t know how the change is going to be but I’ve not seen the change yet. I would not refer anymore.

My child's learning experience through Parks has been very good. I chose it for convenience. Also I have a friend that I went to middle school with and she attended it when she was in middle school, and that was a long time ago, so I knew it had a good reputation.. It was easy to sign up for their classes. Instructors have been very good as well.

My mother bought my son a six month trial for Parks Taekwondo classes for Christmas. His learning experience has been excellent. It has made him better in school and made him a better person. He has learned a lot. The instructors were like family basically. We're up there six days a week. Everybody there is extremely helpful.

My child has ADHD and what interested me to take her to TaeKwonDo classes is mostly discipline. Signing up for classes is very easy. The instructors are absolutely wonderful. My daughter loves it there and she’s progressing through her black belt courses. She’s doing very well. We had so much fun watching her. My husband and I joined as well, so we’re both black belts.

I was shopping on the same center where taekwondo is located. I went in and spoke with one of the staff. They explained everything. My children took karate before, martial arts, and they wanted to continue it so I enrolled them. It was an easy process. They had an excellent interaction with the instructors at Parks and their learning was progressive, very good. The instructors are putting all the effort and everything to teach them not only the martial arts, but also discipline, focusing and listening. They're great in what they are doing and I'm very pleased with it.

I enrolled my kids for them to gain more confidence. It's not something that they chose, but I chose for them to do. Signing up for classes with Parks was extremely easy. Everything's been good. They're strict when they need to be strict, giving the kids a good feeling to have respect for an adult. My kids have a very good learning experience.

I have all three of my kids signed up for Parks Taekwondo classes. Signing up was really easy. We filled up the forms in the parenting fair last winter. Our interaction with them was great. They're very nice, friendly and welcoming. My children are doing good and they're progressing. I recommend Parks Taekwondo.

Parks TaeKwonDo is a great place, almost like a fun place to hang out. What interested me in taking the classes is because I wanted to do it with my kids. By the time I had actually joined up, my son and daughter had been in it for a couple of months. They were just so good with them with my kids and and very family oriented. Signing up was easy. They pretty much did everything for us. They asked us a couple of questions, filled out the paperwork and let us read it and gave us time to make our decisions. They made it very easy and pleasurable.

I'd taken martial arts before, I had taken kung fu and they're trying to transition me from that to taekwondo. It was different but they're trying to make that as easy as possible. As far as my kids go, they try and make it fun for them because it becomes very repetitive and they know that kids get bored real fast with the repetitiveness so they make it fun. They change it up and do a really good job. I got no problems with them. Sometimes there's not enough of them for the amount of students but other than that, they answer every question and are very friendly. It's funny to actually watch them with my son. They play with him like they've known him forever. They're actually really good with the kids.

Also they got four or five different schools but don't restrict us to just one school so we can actually take our account to another school for a week, a month, a day, or however we want. They allow us to jump back and forth if we have different classes we want to take. They also just started up kickboxing classes that my wife just started taking too and she seems to like that. I've recommended them to a friend.

Parks TaeKwonDo Federation Company Profile