Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: May 20, 2017

I chose this gym, Gold's Gym that is, because of all the gyms in my area they have the best price, the kindest workers, and the best equipment. I like that they have nice, clean showers. They also have a large assortment of healthy foods to buy, which I associate very much. If there is anything I would change, and I'm not saying that I would, it would be the price. It is rather not as affordable as it could be.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Gold's Gym is my preferred gym because it's always clean, they have a really nice staff, they have good equipment that's easy to work with, and it's very conveniently located. The membership fees are reasonable too. I would like more options, though, for special classes like yoga and zumba and pilates. I'd like more opportunities to have affordable personal training sessions too. But it does meet my expectations and has a smaller size facility than the other gyms in town, which I like. The bigger gyms are intimidating.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because I lived in Santa Barbara and they are popular there. The one downtown was right next to a tanning salon and that was very convenient for me. It's also near shopping and the bus stop. That gym felt safe and I also liked how the gym equipment and areas were always clean. Plus the staff was friendly and accommodating to me. If there were more types of classes offered, such as yoga, hot yoga, etc. that would have been really fun. I always like trying new things and expanding my horizons. Overall it was a good experience.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because of many things. The up to date equipment, the cleanliness, the friendly staff. The place is also just the right temperature whenever I visit it. It has definitely met my expectations and more. However, I don't like how expensive the cost of a membership is. I've considered canceling many times but could just never bring myself to do it due to the usefulness. It does become a bit of a love/hate relationship at times. I'd like to see more access for children as well.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Gold's Gym has an excellent staff, wonderful equipment, and reasonable opening and closing hours. I chose it on recommendation of friends and family as well as the fact that it was conveniently located. However, it needs to include better refreshments or include them for paid members. Other than that, the gym has definitely met my expectations.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I just hate everything about Gold's Gym. I signed up for membership when I was working, and now I am not working. Also, Recently my daughter was diagnosed with ASD which requires intensive therapies and a lot of out of pocket costs. I called the Gold's Gym and make them to understand my situation and ask them to cancel my membership. They refused to cancel it. The person with whom I talked to was very rude and mean. I would never recommend this place to anyone in my family or friends. Dear Gold's Gym owners, change your policies, otherwise, time will come where only birds will be flying on your buildings.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Gold's Gym is clean and well maintained. They had various programs to enroll in for fitness and premium weights. They offered clean equipment, beverages, and the locker room was in good condition. I received good service from this facility. Also, they had the best weight room available. The staff was helpful. They were also highly recommended to me. I had fun.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Gold's Gym was the closest gym to my house. They were very affordable, the gym was well maintained and it had knowledgeable staff members who were always ready to help. I also like the amount of free weights available which make it easy to work out without interruption and the number of machines for those light days. On the other hand, there are too many oversized muscle bound juicers who yell and scream and make just a general nuisance of themselves sometimes that can be an unpleasant environment to work out in.

Original review: May 18, 2017

This is a cool gym and it helps me with all my routines. They are nice, pretty cool, laid back and very good to work out at. Also, they have flexible work out schedules and training and various weight training I can do. I like this gym.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Gold's Gym offers a lot options for working out, great machines, weight training, individual training, and support. You can work with a trainer to set the goals you would like to meet and a time limit to meet your goals. I chose this gym because of their good reputation, and also recommendations from friends. It has a lot to offer for different level of workouts. The price was very good and I was also able to take advantage of a promotion. But same as other gyms, it is more crowded on weeknight after work hours.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I was overweight by at least 100 pounds, completely out of shape after having four children didn't help any. So I was becoming a recluse in my house. I didn't want to leave my house and go anywhere. I was also becoming so depressed and had major anxiety about the way I looked. I needed to be around other people who were in the same boat like me and have a better support system. I thought I could find the support, exercise and training that I needed at the gym. So when I received a gift certificate for Gold's Gym, I chose to go there.

I like Gold's Gym. The people there are all very nice and helpful there. You can get a trainer to do a physical assessment when you first start there. They will then come up with a comprehensive physical fitness routine for you to follow daily. They go over your weaknesses and strengths and do not expect you to do anything that is wildly too much for you to handle. I enjoyed going there to workout very much. It was very convenient hours for me to go and work out. They had plenty of machines to workout on and I never had to wait for a machine to open up. Another plus was that they had tanning beds. I liked going to workout and then relax in a tanning bed for 10-15 minutes every day if I wanted to after work.

On the other hand, I do wish it was an only women's gym because I find it hard to workout in front of men. There also seemed to be more male trainers than women. I would have liked to have had a woman trainer instead of a man. I would not have been so self-conscious. I would have gone to the gym more often and I would not have stopped going there. Also, I wished there were more classes geared for beginners. In addition, I could not afford to go there any longer so if they had more deals on their prices, that would have kept me there longer too.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I chose the gym over others because of great recommendations and I really love the staff. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. Also, I get a great workout and never feel pressure to do more than I am. Even though you're working out it's a very relaxing atmosphere. The only things I would change is perhaps the membership prices. To some people the prices are too high for them. And maybe add a better variety of classes and it would be great if they had child care. Also, maybe put a refreshment stand a healthy one and of course security for the customers when it's evening time. But I really love this gym. They have a wide variety of exercise equipment to choose from and their equipment is always clean. The atmosphere of the gym is relaxing. I'm just glad family and friends recommended this gym to me and I would recommend this gym.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The amount of different machines that Gold's Gym has is better than gyms I've been a member of in the past. They also have features my previous gym didn't, like a swimming pool and sauna. Also, I like the option to use the basketball court, the extra rooms they have available for stretching or working with a partner, and the layout of the seating rooms. But, it's hard to find the machines for the areas you want to target when you're first new to the gym.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I heard from a friend that Gold's Gym had a promotion for new members and they're nearby, too, so I joined. They are open 24/7 which is very convenient for me. I can go and workout around 2 am if I want to and the equipment is always clean. On the other hand, it's strange they don't have hot showers. Also, my main complaint is that the personal trainers hound you every day to sign up for sessions that it gets to the point where I want to withdraw my membership.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I like it there, but there are some many options. I also enjoy places that have other options like pools, classes, courts, climbing walls, and various activities - hikes and runs etc. Also, expensive and some folks are arrogant. Staff is helpful but could be more proactive. I sometimes hate the image and stigma behind the gym as it relates to muscle men, etc. But clean and professional with folks who know how to work and respect each other. Good group of trained staff members, lots of locations and great weights.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I like Gold's Gyms equipment, how spacious it is and how clean everything seemed. There was also a lot of classes offered that made going there very convenient. I chose this gym because it was close to my home and the walk through showed me that it would provide what I needed in a gym. It also had more classes offered that other places did not. I dislike that the one I went to did not have childcare, they lost people that worked in the room and didn't replace them right away, or even put an ad in the paper to find someone to fill the position. It made it very difficult for people to go workout that have children.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I like the staff there, they encouraged me to keep moving forward and are helpful. It's clean and well kept, I can get on a machine quickly. However, the price of the membership is a little high for lower to middle class citizens who also may like to exercise. The equipment is also a little outdated, one of the fans were broken the last time I went. But I choose this gym because I heard a lot of great things about it, I read online a little before I purchased my membership. I feel like this gym offers up everything that I was searching for in a fitness center, it does meet my expectations.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because it had a large selection of exercise equipment, classes, women's weight room and trainers. I enjoyed extra perks like the tanning beds and sauna. The in-house protein bar was great as well. I liked the variety of classes offered and the fact that they had childcare. There was a separate weight room for women, which made working out less awkward. I also enjoyed the heated whirlpools. However, they're not being vigilant about people slamming or not reracking the weights. Also, some of the trainers could be pushy if you didn't agree to extra training packages.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I like their facilities, their trainers and the way I was treated. It has specialists to carry out a healthy and balanced diet. The classes are magnificent, there are for the different types of conditioning. Everything seems excellent from the specialists, the coaches and the facilities.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I chose this gym because of its location, being only a couple of miles from my house. I also am personal friends with the owner of that same gym. The knowledge of the trainers and employees at this gym are second to none. Steam room and Sauna are among my favorites. There is also plenty of weights to go around. One of the worst occurrences to happen while in the middle of a workout is to have to wait for a specific entity. That rarely, if ever happens at this gym. The employees and trainers are also very friendly and helpful. Any questions or problems are taken care of right away.

There isn't too much that has to be improved, maybe the smell of the locker rooms or the size of them. For the most part, they have made great use out of the space available to them. The price for membership could also be reduced, but it's not too much more expensive than most gyms. For the quality of the gym and its employees, the price is a bargain. But it, like everything else in the world, could always be cheaper.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Gold’s Gym is good and it’s great to work out there. The people are friendly, easygoing, nice and very helpful. There’s always someone there to help you when needed. I also like going there because it’s easy to get around and I like how clean they are. They always have new and innovative equipment. I like the location and that the gym is open in convenient hours as well.

Original review: May 15, 2017

The gym has a sauna and also provides tanning beds so it is a one-stop-and-go. Usually you have to show to many different departments in order to achieve all that you can in that one place. It's challenging, fresh, inspiring, convenient and fast-paced. The price is very reasonable and it is within a reasonable distance of my work and home. It has very flexible hours and is extremely easy to fit it into your schedule, and the trainers are amazing as ever. However, I do not like how there are so many people there, but the staff is friendly and they welcome newbies with friendliness. I always make sure to bring my own disinfectant wipes, not because it is dirty but because I am a germaphobe!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I really liked Gold's Gym and I enjoyed every single minute of when I worked out there every single time. There are many features I enjoyed about Gold's Gym. Lots of different types of equipment, great variety of cardio machines, plenty of room to work out, air conditioning in the summertime. The only thing I would change is to put more TVs and entertainment stuff in the exercise equipment. Gold's Gym met my expectations. However it was very expensive so when it didn't offer promotions I went looking for other gyms.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I choose this gym because it has such a good reputation. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about this particular gym. I like the atmosphere of the gym and the music played there. I also know the people who go there, and I like them. I like the equipment available, and this particular gym has a zumba class every week that I really enjoy participating in. I'm friends with the zumba instructor, I love her and she's fantastic. Other people say that too.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I chose the gym as I had visited many and Gold's Gym seemed the perfect fit. I liked the staff and even the people who go to this gym are wonderful. Also it is where Arnold Schwarzenegger had trained years ago, so you really can't go wrong. The trainers are very helpful, kind and professional. The facility is nice and clean, as well as the restroom/locker room. The equipment is topnotch and easy to use. And it is comfortable atmosphere. There is nothing to really improve as everything is wonderful. It is a great place to exercise as no one is judged and can go at their own pace. I love Gold's Gym.

Original review: May 14, 2017

They let me test it out for 7 days before buying a membership. I'm the type of person that if a company gives me a free sample and I like it, I usually buy it. I didn't even have to give a credit card. Also, they had a lot of choices of equipment and the gym wasn't packed with people so I didn't feel uncomfortable with myself working out. However, it's kind of plain looking inside. I know people are there to work out but if it's appealing to the eye as well they could get extra customers that way. A pool would be nice too.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Gold's Gym is very good, the service they offer. It is one of the best gymnasiums at the moment in this area. It has a lot of quality, its instructors know what they speak and they have a lot of experience.

Original review: May 14, 2017

It is a conveniently located gym with lots of equipment and the timings are comfortable. I hope though that the cost for the membership can be reduced, freebies can be added and family membership can be introduced.

Original review: May 13, 2017

The equipment is up-to-date, the personnel are friendly, the rooms are clean and tidy and some of my friends are there. They have multiple locations including one near where my daughter lives. All is quite well as it is. Might be good if they were open longer hours and maybe establish alternate methods to make payments, such as be able to purchase a membership through Amazon or eBay or some other form. Maybe Google Wallet could be an alternative. It has met my expectations, as they advertise. Other gyms in my area are of lower quality and not located as conveniently located and they charge the same or more. Gold's Gym has a status name which I like.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Gold's Gym was pretty much the only gym around, besides just one 24 Hour Fitness that was out of my way. There is also so many other locations nearby, making it easier to get there more often. I also had some good training sessions there. One of the Gold's facilities I went is the biggest gym in Utah, it probably has every machine and workout equipment there is. The place is so big and there's more than one machine for the same thing, so I didn't have to wait very often for others to finish or work in between sets before changing to different machines. There is a plenty of stuff to do there.

At the biggest location, though, they didn't keep things very tightly, especially the free weights. They were very often scattered around, not on the rack. I would have to spend extra time to track down the weights I needed. The staff wasn't always friendly at that location and the 2 year contracts that had no options of canceling was terrible for a area with lots of college students and I was one.

Gold's Gym Company Information