Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.59/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2017

I chose this gym because of its location, being only a couple of miles from my house. I also am personal friends with the owner of that same gym. The knowledge of the trainers and employees at this gym are second to none. Steam room and Sauna are among my favorites. There is also plenty of weights to go around. One of the worst occurrences to happen while in the middle of a workout is to have to wait for a specific entity. That rarely, if ever happens at this gym. The employees and trainers are also very friendly and helpful. Any questions or problems are taken care of right away.

There isn't too much that has to be improved, maybe the smell of the locker rooms or the size of them. For the most part, they have made great use out of the space available to them. The price for membership could also be reduced, but it's not too much more expensive than most gyms. For the quality of the gym and its employees, the price is a bargain. But it, like everything else in the world, could always be cheaper.

Original review: May 21, 2017

What I like about Gold's Gym is it has easy accessible equipment for my needs. I like that I can go in, do my workout and get out quickly. It also has a reasonable price and isn't overly crowded. It's small but it's right around the corner. More member benefits would be a nice way though to show they care about their members. Give free passes out each month. But this gym has met my expectations. I have been using the same gym for years and I am very happy with the outcome. It's unique and innovatively works. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I needed a gym that was open late so that I could go after my son was in bed. So I chose this gym because of the hours and location. It was also very close and convenient to me. I liked the functional fitness area with the astro turf, the ladies only area, and selection of dumb bells. The gym was clean and equipment was in working order. The hours worked with my schedule. The gym didn't have any lifting platforms. I would have liked an area with lifting platforms and free weights. There also weren't enough kettlebells or rowers. There was only one old rower in an odd location.

Original review: May 27, 2017

A lot of people go to the gym meaning a little more motivation while seeing others with a goal complete it. It really boosts my self esteem and more when strangers compliment on the change I've done or my family and friends alone. I was 238 lb when I started. I'm at 206 now and it's been a big motivational change in my life starting with the employees that are really helpful and the people that surround me. However, the gym I go to "Gold's" is pretty small. There's enough to do but not enough space. I've been to the gyms in Orlando and they're so much bigger and more room to do exercises! Plus you don't feel like you're messing with someone's working. Having to stop while someone is passing by cause they have to "slide" through. Really kills the motivation. Maybe, they should open more areas. But overall, I recommend Gold's to everyone!

Original review: May 22, 2017

I like that Gold's Gym have an affordable plans for members. I also like that the location is literally right around the corner from me and sometimes I don't have to drive. I could walk there from my home which is great. However, I don't like at times we do the same kind of exercises every day. They could make and arrange for other exercises as well. All in all, I would describe my experience as very satisfying.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: May 28, 2017

The facilities at the branch that I went to was superb and the building always has a pleasant vibe when I go in there. I like that the machines have the safety feature in case you accidentally drop your weights. Then the weightlifting instructors are hands on if there is ever a problem. The branch also has a sauna and a pool. The people there are nice and do not make newbies feel intimidated. They are courteous to me when I walk in.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The equipment seemed very maintained and plenty of lighting. Then I never found it to be crowded when I went in the evening. The location of the gym was close to where I lived and the membership was reasonable. However, when I went to join, it took forever to chase down the person to run it. I was a little expensive and he didn't drop price ranges until I was about to leave. Other than that it was okay. I lived in a different city and let the Gold's Gym membership expire. Everything there was a good experience so naturally when I moved and learned that there was another Gold's Gym in my area, I joined up with them. Overall good place.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Gold's Gym is the world's best gym. They have very good facilities and lots of new, innovative equipment. There are also lots of packages and the membership price is cheap but has a very good value. We can also get good ideas about nutrition there and we can get the nutrition there, too. In addition, the instructors are very professional, helping us all the time. There are also lots of professional members there and it gives more moral to us.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I heard from a friend that Gold's Gym had a promotion for new members and they're nearby, too, so I joined. They are open 24/7 which is very convenient for me. I can go and workout around 2 am if I want to and the equipment is always clean. On the other hand, it's strange they don't have hot showers. Also, my main complaint is that the personal trainers hound you every day to sign up for sessions that it gets to the point where I want to withdraw my membership.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I was overweight by at least 100 pounds, completely out of shape after having four children didn't help any. So I was becoming a recluse in my house. I didn't want to leave my house and go anywhere. I was also becoming so depressed and had major anxiety about the way I looked. I needed to be around other people who were in the same boat like me and have a better support system. I thought I could find the support, exercise and training that I needed at the gym. So when I received a gift certificate for Gold's Gym, I chose to go there.

I like Gold's Gym. The people there are all very nice and helpful there. You can get a trainer to do a physical assessment when you first start there. They will then come up with a comprehensive physical fitness routine for you to follow daily. They go over your weaknesses and strengths and do not expect you to do anything that is wildly too much for you to handle. I enjoyed going there to workout very much. It was very convenient hours for me to go and work out. They had plenty of machines to workout on and I never had to wait for a machine to open up. Another plus was that they had tanning beds. I liked going to workout and then relax in a tanning bed for 10-15 minutes every day if I wanted to after work.

On the other hand, I do wish it was an only women's gym because I find it hard to workout in front of men. There also seemed to be more male trainers than women. I would have liked to have had a woman trainer instead of a man. I would not have been so self-conscious. I would have gone to the gym more often and I would not have stopped going there. Also, I wished there were more classes geared for beginners. In addition, I could not afford to go there any longer so if they had more deals on their prices, that would have kept me there longer too.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Gold's Gym was the closest gym to my house. They were very affordable, the gym was well maintained and it had knowledgeable staff members who were always ready to help. I also like the amount of free weights available which make it easy to work out without interruption and the number of machines for those light days. On the other hand, there are too many oversized muscle bound juicers who yell and scream and make just a general nuisance of themselves sometimes that can be an unpleasant environment to work out in.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Gold's Gym was convenient because it is near where I live so I decided to give it a try and everything went very well. I like the price I pay, it is reasonable. I love the physical appearance of the gym and the workers there really help you exercise. I am very satisfied with everything in that gym.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Gold's Gym has an excellent staff, wonderful equipment, and reasonable opening and closing hours. I chose it on recommendation of friends and family as well as the fact that it was conveniently located. However, it needs to include better refreshments or include them for paid members. Other than that, the gym has definitely met my expectations.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Gold's Gym is a well-known name and I figured that they would have well-trained people and some of the best equipment of any of the other gyms and they did. They definitely met my expectations. I like the little 30-minute workout area where you go on each machine for 2 minutes then move to the next and you get your cardio workout and it's not boring and fun paced and also there was always personal trainer there to help you if you need it. The only thing I dislike or really was I felt uncomfortable about and it was more the people than the gym was all the super skinny fit people in there. I wish they had a separate area for people that weren't as fit as others.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Gold's Gym helps you find what motivates you to keep coming back and staying fit and healthy and determined to do more and believe in yourself and what you can do. It has personal trainers that help you and stick with you to meet your fitness goals and all the equipment to get it done and help you by getting a mindset to drive you further. Even so, I'd like to see more variety in strength equipment and treadmill functions and the apps to get you even further when away from the gym and even more locations accessible from work gym.

Original review: May 20, 2017

Gold's Gym is my preferred gym because it's always clean, they have a really nice staff, they have good equipment that's easy to work with, and it's very conveniently located. The membership fees are reasonable too. I would like more options, though, for special classes like yoga and zumba and pilates. I'd like more opportunities to have affordable personal training sessions too. But it does meet my expectations and has a smaller size facility than the other gyms in town, which I like. The bigger gyms are intimidating.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I had a friend that started working at Gold's Gym and recommended it which made it a lot easier to make a decision. I liked how bright and clean the facility was. It was new when I started going and so all the equipment was brand new, locker rooms and everything were so clean. The machines were really current, and I also liked how it wasn't but three miles from my house and on the way home from work. At the front desk there was a lot of pressure to upgrade services but I don't like feeling pressured to spend money where I don't want to. Better training in subtle sales technique for the staff, so it's not a sales pitch all of the time. Apart from that, the gym definitely met my expectations.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because it had a large selection of exercise equipment, classes, women's weight room and trainers. I enjoyed extra perks like the tanning beds and sauna. The in-house protein bar was great as well. I liked the variety of classes offered and the fact that they had childcare. There was a separate weight room for women, which made working out less awkward. I also enjoyed the heated whirlpools. However, they're not being vigilant about people slamming or not reracking the weights. Also, some of the trainers could be pushy if you didn't agree to extra training packages.

Original review: May 29, 2017

The main reason I chose Gold"s Gym over the other gyms was mainly the childcare. The other features I like best about them aside from their excellent childcare are their wide variety of classes offered for all fitness levels, spacious workout area, mirrored rooms, range of free weights, and variety of machines. Though having the childcare open the same hours as the gym instead of closing for a chunk of time would be better. Other than that, Gold's Gym has absolutely met my expectations.

Original review: May 16, 2017

The amount of different machines that Gold's Gym has is better than gyms I've been a member of in the past. They also have features my previous gym didn't, like a swimming pool and sauna. Also, I like the option to use the basketball court, the extra rooms they have available for stretching or working with a partner, and the layout of the seating rooms. But, it's hard to find the machines for the areas you want to target when you're first new to the gym.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Gold's Gym offers a lot options for working out, great machines, weight training, individual training, and support. You can work with a trainer to set the goals you would like to meet and a time limit to meet your goals. I chose this gym because of their good reputation, and also recommendations from friends. It has a lot to offer for different level of workouts. The price was very good and I was also able to take advantage of a promotion. But same as other gyms, it is more crowded on weeknight after work hours.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Gold's Gym is clean and well maintained. They had various programs to enroll in for fitness and premium weights. They offered clean equipment, beverages, and the locker room was in good condition. I received good service from this facility. Also, they had the best weight room available. The staff was helpful. They were also highly recommended to me. I had fun.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because they offered a family package that was within my budget. I have 5 kids and four of them are at the age where they can work out. The gym is less than a mile from my home so we can jog to and from the gym. I liked the overall aspects of the gym layout and the wide open space. I like the high ceilings and how the exercise bikes and treadmills are raised on a ledge. I like the women's workout area and how this leads straight into the locker room. I like how the locker room is big with many rooms. I also like the lockers, showers, and toilet areas. The gym always feels clean and modern. I love the quantity and quality of the equipment. I like me how there are multiple machines that do the same workout. I like the options and the amount of free weights it has.

I also chose this gym because if I decided to drive there, the parking lot is large and spacious. The windows looking out of the building are facing the parking lot and I am able to keep an eye on my car if I needed to. I like how the workers are friendly and know our names. I love the in-house daycare. I liked that the women's workout area has TV's that show that same daycare live. I am able to watch my son and know that he's ok. The prices of the daycare are reasonable as well. The workers are friendly and my son likes them.

However, I don't like how busy the gym has become. I understand that this is good for business but it's starting to feel like a desperate dating site. I don't like how we can't keep lockers overnight. I'd like to put some soap and toiletries in there for when I workout before work. I wouldn't leave dirty gym clothes that would smell. I really don't like the hours they are open for business. I would prefer it to be 24 hours. Maybe that way the crowds would be less. Not everyone has a 9 to 5 job. My son gets off work at 2 am and likes to workout afterward. He ended up getting a membership somewhere else.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I chose Gold's Gym because of many things. The up to date equipment, the cleanliness, the friendly staff. The place is also just the right temperature whenever I visit it. It has definitely met my expectations and more. However, I don't like how expensive the cost of a membership is. I've considered canceling many times but could just never bring myself to do it due to the usefulness. It does become a bit of a love/hate relationship at times. I'd like to see more access for children as well.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I like the selection of equipment, spacious areas, and the pool. The classes are fun and I enjoy the cinema room as well. There are plenty of amenities and choices of ways to be healthy. Everything seems to be accounted for. It'd be nice, though, if they had free wifi considering most people have cell phones that they use for music. Also, it would be cool if they had video game based machines where how you exercise affects the game. Other than that I think they offer enough.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I chose this gym, Gold's Gym that is, because of all the gyms in my area they have the best price, the kindest workers, and the best equipment. I like that they have nice, clean showers. They also have a large assortment of healthy foods to buy, which I associate very much. If there is anything I would change, and I'm not saying that I would, it would be the price. It is rather not as affordable as it could be.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I like the equipment and it's all up to date and well taken care of. Also, people are there to really work out. Not trying to get a date. A lot of gyms are like pick up places. I just want to get a great work out in. The locker rooms were small and had very little air circulation which led it to have a foul odor. Other than preferring to go home to shower, I like Gold's Gym and I really enjoyed my time there. The aerobics classes were one of the best I've been to. I chose the gym because it was highly recommended by a family member. I also recommend Gold's.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I had a group of friends that went there at Gold's Gym. We would have friendly competition. Needed an atmosphere where I could relax and hang out afterwards with my friends. The gym has good location. It's close to many other shops and diners. Clean, friendly staff, showers, snack bar nearby. It was conveniently located for me. I could stop right after work. And there's good parking. However, needed a place that I could go before or after work. I had to be at work at 7 am and wanted to go before work, but they opened at 6:00 AM. The gym needed to be open earlier in the morning.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like how the plates are very easy to get unlike 24 Hour Fitness. Everyone makes the effort in stacking them accordingly. I used to go to 24 Hour Fitness but I didn't really like how there were too many people. Gold's Gym has as much machines as 24 Hour Fitness but with less people. However, some of the equipment are outdated like how some of the pins you put into the plates are broken. Then sometimes when it is packed, the wait is extremely long. But the gym has met my expectation and it's better than what I used to go to.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I love the equipment. It is easy to use and Gold's Gym has more plentiful options than other gyms. They provide a large variety of options that are suitable to my needs. It has met my expectations as far as helping me keep focused on my goals and providing easy to use equipment for efficient workouts. The gym is also clean and appealing. However, the atmosphere is a bit intimidating. Everyone seems so advanced and often I have seen other gym members make fun of other members who may not be as advanced in their workouts.

Gold's Gym Company Information