Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.57/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I'm not one for writing reviews, but I am fed up. Gold's Gym makes it so you have to be on a automatic payment. That's fine... If they would charge you on the due date. My bank has confirmed they only tried billing me a few days PAST when the money was due. Then they had the nerve to charge a late payment fee. I figured it was maybe a mistake, but can I contact them? NOPE. They only have a customer service number for ordering equipment. On top of this nightmare, I thought I'd just pay (before the actual due date, to avoid the LPF) in the gym itself. Did this work? No. I was instead billed twice for the month of Feb. It would be much better if I could contact them, but they make it impossible.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Hard time comes when you want to cancel the membership. Even after submitting all the documents that they have asked for they just take time to cancel so that they can charge you the account. I mean they are very inhuman and just do anything to suck the money out of you. I wish they go out of business as they don't deserve to do business at all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I agreed to pay for a personal trainer for 3 months but they won't let you cancel until you have paid at least $2,000. They kept charging my credit card hundreds of dollars. They LIED to my credit card company, falsely claiming I had signed a contract, but they refused to show it. It took 6 months to get my money credited. The Manager just laughed in my face.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

1. Even after having paid the rest of annual fee, they still drew money the next month. 2. The Dix30's Gold Gym (Brossard QC) was suddenly closed! Though I asked them to pay me back the fee of the rest of months, they did not even reply to me. I should have been paid more than 400 CAD. I cannot know to whom we should contact in case the person in charge does not even reply. Never pay the fee in advance! Never give them the credit card information...they will continue to draw your money! You should not waste your money on this horrible and stupid gym!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Do not sign a contract with this gym - if you default on it, they disregard what you have already paid them-- They will send it to collection with an additional 2 years of payments required or it goes on your credit report. (So they make you actually pay triple the amount left on the contract even after you had cancelled it!). Then, when you try to speak to a manager to help straighten things out, they disregard you and don't help. There is no one to talk to at this company for help... They are inhumane. They just want to make money, stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I'm very unsatisfied customer for Gold Gym, after canceling my membership they kept charging my card, I went to the local office several times trying to resolve the issue, no luck, I ask to speak with the manager which refused to talk to me, I ask for a phone for Main office I was giving a number which I called. They told me they cannot help me. I was giving another phone # which I keep calling and it shows error. They billed me for almost 5 months. I went into the reviews for them. Seems like they are known for that. I wish there was something we the customer can do about it and get our money back. They are misleading people.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

This is for the Gold's Gym at Greensboro Randleman Rd. Ok this lady at the front say my free pass for three day don’t work because the manager didn’t approve this pass. Why in the ** you give a pass if you can use it... I want to try you give because I have I have Planet Fitness And my friend tell me Gold's Gym is better but this person at front desk she want to charge me $15 dollars for a free pass.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I have been a member of Gold's Gym for over 4 years; the only part that I use is the pool. Gold's Gym has had evident problems. I've also noticed the hot water only works in some of the showers and the hot tub has been close for MONTHS. And the pools... Numerous times over the years being closed for weeks. The only resolution they have when the pool is closed is to go to the other facility on 302 Main St, which is inconveniently far south. I live in Monument. They have told me they will re-open the pool on the 21st of January, which has been close for 2 weeks. So on the 23rd I called them at 6 am to verify again that the pool was open, the receptionist confirmed it. So when I arrived and started to swim one of the employees, Justin, came in a very rough way ordered me to get out as the pool is not open yet.

This gym's location is very convenient to me, since it's very close to my job. Although I've found the many problems they have with the repairs, the real problem is the staff. Apparently nobody seems to care about the customer complaints, the people at the front desk do not know what currently is working and are poorly informed. Today I decided to cancel my membership. I am angry and disappointed with the owners of this gym, yet wonder if they are informed. They have the worst customer service, when I requested reimbursement or a discount due to all this trouble they preferred to lose me as a member. I'd advise you not to join this gym. It's poorly maintained, not even the management fixes the problems. Accept this letter dated January 23rd, 2019 as my requested end date. Please confirm you've received my cancellation.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

As you can see from most of these negative reviews, Gold’s is ** when it comes to customer service and how they working with their customers. The gym, staff, and equipment were fine. But when the time came when I moved addresses and had to cancel my membership, Golds really did everything in their power to avoid confrontation and suck every penny from me. When I first walked into the store to cancel my membership, I was told by one of the staff that my account had been deactivated right then and there, but also that there was a chance that my cancellation fee would be waived if I had contacted their billing agency.

Not only was I denied but they had charged me 2 months it took me to gather all the documents I needed to send to prove my change of address. Second time around that I walked into the gym to speak to a manger about my account, I was assured that my account had already been deactivated 2 months prior when I had walked in to get this done in the first place. The Manager of my gym’s location did nothing but refer me to Gold’s billing agency to get the issue resolved. In the end I was obligated to pay huge fees that I shouldn’t have due to how Gold's handles customer service. Do yourself a favor and stick to 24/LA Fitness. The headache is not worth it!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I belonged to my gym in Knoxville which was taken over from the Rush in 2014-ish. Decent equipment but never any upgrades. They literally changed nothing but paint since they took it over. Machines need to be replaced, tile, bathrooms are a mess. I can't tell if that pool has ever been cleaned. Like really cleaned. I stayed because I could only do what I wanted at this gym for the price. They have almost no competition in the area and it shows.

There was unprofessional staff behavior. They place way too much emphasis on classes and personal training. It has such small space and they like to use it for these boot camp sessions that have maybe 5-6 people in them. Can't stretch or do anything during those times. The other night I couldn't work out in my space because these people decided to create their own Crossfit experience taking up a third of the room in January, the busiest time of the year. They are all about the memberships and not the members. It doesn't matter how many surveys you complete, how many reviews you leave, nothing gets changed because of "corporate." You're stuck watching the same news channels, listening to the same music, and flexing on the same dirty faux grass mat. You watch managers leave and transfer to other Gold's every year because no one seems to be able to stay here. I'm just burned out and I think I have outgrown this gym and this "brand."

Gold's Gym Company Information