Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I'll spare you the details of my situation, but suffice to say I have undergone a LONG, TIME-INTENSIVE DISPUTE with my credits card company over unauthorized charges. Basically Gold's had me sign a blank signature sheet and got my credit card number. They never presented a contract AT DELIVERY -- which voids out the contract per state law, if they don't do this. Nevertheless, the billing rate was not as agreed, so I canceled. Gold's continued to bill in random amounts, literally hundreds of dollars, each of which I had to dispute. I canceled membership once the billing fraud become apparent.

BEWARE - THIS IS THE KEY WARNING: Once Gold's has your credit card number and a signature -- even if it's from a blank signature sheet -- they can bill however much you want and it's legitimate since you provided them the information to bill you. They can make up charges, change the terms without your knowledge or consent and then affix your copied signature onto it and present that as authorization to bill however much they want.

My credit card ended up crediting me and writing off Gold's unauthorized billing as a loss to my credit card, but I had to cancel my card as there was nothing to stop Gold's from billing again. If they tried to charge again, Discover would have to pay them. Read the numerous online accounts of these unauthorized charged. Even if you cancel membership, they will wait a few months and then reopen your account and begin billing again. After you cancel, they still bill. Challenge them on this and they never get back to you. Why? They don't have to. They have your cc and signature and can do whatever they want with it. They can try to bill years later, all of this is apparently legal even though it's technically fraudulent and dishonest...This is why they will say and do anything to get a credit card number and signature.

I regret ever having a Gold's membership and lost a credit card over this. I had to cancel just to protect myself from future billing. Notice if you want to buy anything in Gold's -- like a T-shirt, they don't require anything. They just "put it on your tab." They can put anything on your tab including their own rent payments or if they decide to give themselves a $200 christmas bonus. Why? They have your signature and cc and can bill whatever they want, however much they want. Contest it with your cc and Golds will produced your xeroxed signature and whatever paperwork they decided to paste it onto.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

One of the very bad experience I am having at Gold's Gym today. I was just enrolled a few days back here in gold gym. And after getting email from gold Gym that they are closing this location i placed a cancellation request and it was discussed that you have not completed one month so if you place your request within one month then as a one month guarantee program we will not charge you anything. So I placed the cancellation just after 7days. Then it was charged me on 25th Nov..now I checked with them and they saying I need to pay $100 to get it canceled and the manager is very very very very rude.. She is not ready to listen on anything. Please let me know if you have any idea whats needs to do for this situation. As I don't want to pay $100+32 for the 7 day gym and that is not to my fault as the gym is closing otherwise I will never get it canceled. I request everybody Never Ever enroll in Gold gym..simply they took money and flew away..

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I am a regular customer at Senapati Bapat Road gym, Pune (Maharashtra) India. This gym is ruining all the good image of GOLDS. They are not providing even the necessary facilities. A/C here is not working at least 3-4 days of the month. Water Boiler is not working since last 2 months. The Manager here is a rich lady, keeps working out for herself & not paying attention to the GYM needs. They even not providing a Complain register. Take care, as it hampers your GYM's image.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I paid close to 400.00 for an annual membership for my son in August in good faith paying all up front instead of them billing my son monthly. My son wanted to quit the gym in November and I went into the Pasadena Golds location and spoke to Frank as the manager who downloaded my son’s paperwork and told me he doesn’t do refunds in any golds location. That refunds are done through a third party company for which he gave me their business card. I called that company and they told me they don’t do annual membership refunds. I went back to Frank who informed me that I would be charged a 100.00 cancellation despite all memberships requiring just a 30 day notice and charge for the monthly 31.00 charge not 100.00. He submitted the refund request and nothing has been done to rectify our charges amount of over 350.00. It’s been hell.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

The credit card I use to pay Gold's Gym was stolen, so I locked it and requested a new one. The next day my payment hit, and the request was declined. I received a nasty voicemail from them stating my account was 60 days overdue and it was going to collections. I immediately called the customer service line and he informed me that it was only ONE day past due, and they sometimes have "glitches" with their notification system. Picked up my cancellation form today and will be permanently cancelling this account tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they don't try to scam me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I don't trust this company at all. They make it extremely hard to cancel and almost impossible to talk to anyone about billing concerns. Cancellation does not stop their billing for a full two billing cycles. There's no benefit to the consumer to pay for a month after cancellation. On site staff is either not knowledgeable or does not care and customer service does not exist over the phone. Had to beg for proof of cancellation. I will make sure anyone who I talk to knows never to join.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

The contact support option does not allow contact with a person. This would not be bad except they provide no feedback that a support ticket was created. There is no ticket reference number to track or refer to. There is no email confirming you submitted a ticket. There is no phone line to contact a rep for help. It is a false, misleading and abusive member system that no member or user can circumvent or gain access to any form of a solution. Contacting a local office does no help, because they are not the recipients of these help tickets, or at least every ticket that's been submitted by me has never been seen at my gym. This is the epitome of falseness, misdirection and member abuse taking the face of "support". -JJ

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I would not recommend this gym to my worst enemy! They will say anything to get you to sign up and when you try to cancel they will not honor any of the agreements. It is a very hard process and will not respond to you if you escalate the matter. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY! The gyms are dirty and always understaffed. Save your time and energy and go to ANY other gym!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I cancelled the membership in person (at local gym) several months ago, but I keep getting billed every month. Upon consulting the Gold's Gym customer service department, I have been advised to scan the cancellation form (it has the cancellation date written on it and the manager's signature) and send it to their e-mail, which I did immediately. NO REFUND. A month later, I get billed another $39.99, contact the customer service again, NO RESPONSE. This had never happened in my whole entire life, and just this whole process I am going through is so exhausting and frustrating. Probably called/e-mail more than ten times; felt like no one is there to help. All they want is your money. I had to contact my bank to report fraud and let them take care of this issue. AVOID!!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

After joining the gym, which I loved, a few months later, Feb of 2019 I began working remotely unable to work out at the Montgomery Location. Joined the gym NOT on a contract. I visited the gym, gave very specific instruction to cancel my membership, I could not work out there any longer.. Was a somber visit.. I was billed again in March so I made the assumption it was retro vs. pre use billing.

I was billed again in April so I got in touch with Corporate who said I had to mail a letter, which I did. It is not October and I've been bullied and billed by this company RELENTLESSLY SINCE EXPRESSING MY WILL TO STOP BACK IN LATE FEB EARLY MARCH. Every time I put funds in my USAA checking account they steal it, phone calls, credit damage, they are the most ruthless company and they know it. They are the only site without a "Contact Us" in their footer I've ever seen. This has to be why, and I cannot be alone in this. Please check my Montgomery review in Yelp, also Google review and respond so we can gather momentum to stop this business from stealing from good people.

Gold's Gym Company Information