Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.73/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Well in Short have no choice to go to Gold's gym because location - AC/shower broke down for more than 2 month (No fix). Bill automatically charged Even After the contract Period (a slick on contract, do not believe contract time, it will suck up your money, and until your account closed, they send your bill to collection). Cancel has to be made online. Cancellation online does not work.Cancellation not been made, Keep sucking money.

Dishonesty - I have no other word to describe a fallen business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I was referred to sign up for Gold's Gym Arcadia by a friend in Sept 2014. It's a new facility with good training classes, and the staff seems friendly. I sincerely was pleased with Gold's in the beginning, so I recruited my bf and other friends later when sales associate offered us better monthly rate and referral gifts. During the initial sign up, the associate only showed me where to place my signature without explaining the contract. It's the same as your friend. Every member signed the same thing were answers for most questions. Any fee related questions were void or not true. (Same thing happened to my friends.) I confirmed with associate to freeze membership during holiday season. He told me to submit a 30-day notice, and there's NO charge. Gold's charged me while I freeze membership. The promise of better monthly rate and referral gifts never arrived.

We have been calling and walk-in to Arcadia Gold’s for over 10 times in the month of December 2014. When we called, it's either on hold or asked us to leave a message and they'll get back to us. (Never reply) When we did walk-in, people who can take care of this always not at his desk, even if we had appointments. if we fortunately met an associate/manager, he gave us different promises and then kept us waiting. As time passed by, the gym staff who promised us were all resigned. It seems like they've really high turnover rate.

When I finally met with new general manager Steve (1/7/2015), he denied all promise from other associate and manager. The whole conversion he just kept pointing a sentence on the contract to the extent that they conflict or contradict the written terms of the following form, you may not rely upon any representations by your sales professional, whether oral or in writing. Steve also highlighted the words oral and writing many times. When I questioned his business ethic, he simply told me I won't win on this because he has my signature on the paper. I left furious!

On the same weekend (1/10/2015), me and my bf met with new operation manager Casey. We received partial referral gifts (t-shirt and bags). My bf's contract was re-signed to reduce the monthly rate. My fee on freeze month would be refunded, and I’ll receive a compensate free month when my contract is due.

We thought this was the end of the story until we checked our bank account on early February. Gold's still charged my bf the same price on membership. There's no refund to my account. Also, there's no answer about the referral gifts. We contact Gold's gym Arcadia, the phone either goes on hold or asked us to leave a message. I walk-in to spoke to Casey again, the answer was to wait for their call for a day/ a week. Unsurprisingly, we don't hear anything back. Gold's gym totally ruin my trust of their business, and I just want to end this nightmare ASAP.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I have referred three friends in my first month of joining. Offer was that if you refer a friend, you will get two month... that was on Thanksgiving Day week... free. When time comes for monthly fees, they have not given me any benefits for referral. Also charged more for late fee. Story not ended here. My plan was month to month basis, they added up yearly charges with 40$. One weekend -- it was Saturday after workout -- I asked towel for shower but they said, "We don't provide towels on weekends." This was not specified at the time of joining. Finally I have cancel my membership. Frustrated with Gold's Gym hidden plans.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

Been a member of Golds Gym for 7 1/2 years. No longer under contract since 2009 but paying month to month. Cancelled today and it states it's like a 30 day contract and they will still charge me one more month. I even called the headquarters to see if they could not charge me for 30 more days that I needed to cancel immediately because of personal reasons. They don't care. They can suck it! I will never ever step foot in one of their facilities again & do not encourage ANYONE to join somewhere that you cannot cancel immediately and paperwork at least be cleared that week. Thanks for the "been a member for years loyalty" golds. You need to clean your place up too! It's dirty! Just like your policies! (And yes this is the first rant you've seen from me everrrrrr - that's how disgusted I am). ;(

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

The ab and waist machine has been broken for 3 weeks. The staff does nothing to stop men from loudly grunting. Last few weeks the place smells of old sweat and body odour. I don't think they care to have female patrons.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Okay ever since you guys decide to make this new "anti-burst" ball it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought two so far and both ended up getting hold in them short period time. The first one was like 50 days, this second one was 6 DAYS!!! Bring back the old balls that were like 5.97 - those lasted way longer and were more endurable than these "anti-burst" balls. As well, some get injury and lawsuit might have be filed...... Do want lose millions over that? But just bring back old balls and people can decide which they like better.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I went in for a tour. I was pleased at first with the pool sauna and kids room. They said I had a week to change my mind. After going one time I put my youngest in the kids room or attempted to. They only had certain hours open for two hours at a time. (Dumb), so I later talked to them to tell them I wanted to cancel. They refused to do that and offered me 3 months free then after that my contract and payments would start. I went a second time with a friend that was going to sign up. I did put my youngest in the kids room only to work out for 20 minutes and they called me over the intercom to say my kid was crying too much and couldn't watch him. That was the main reason why I decided to join the stupid place. So tell them I'll accept the free months but I still want to cancel.

Within this free months I never went back after the kids room situation. But then a year later they send me a notice stating that I am being charge for a two year agreement that I never paid and they are going to put a judgment on me for not paying. What ** gym is this. Not to mention in their fine print it does not state that they do that and if you want to cancel you have to write them only. So I not only talked to them but I wrote and still get charged for two years. Wtf. Not to mention in the same paper they said they would let me know of the court decision and not of the court date. Who does that and is this even legal????

Original review: Feb. 3, 2015

This is the second time I tried a membership with Golds Gym (VASA). BOTH times my membership dues simply stopped being debited from my account. My account did not change. My debit card did not expire. BOTH times I called the response was "I don't know...." A year later (both times....a YEAR LATER) I get a HUGE collections notice. Now keep in mind not one time was there a notice from GOLDS GYM, no call, no letter, nothing. When I asked THEM the only response I ever received was "uh, we don't know." Helpful. I am in good company as every single solitary person I have ever spoken to experienced the same issue. Every. Single. Person. It is a joke and changing your name won't help.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

I signed up for Gold's Gym in Arcadia at the Westfield Shopping Center Santa Anita. I signed up for a year, and was not given a copy of my contract, neither paper copy nor email. I love the facility, the cleanliness, and the staff is nice as well. However, they were not truthful during the initial sign up, nor were they truthful when I asked if I could cancel without a charge. I was not informed that I was signed up for a year and a half, and was not informed that I would be charged for canceling before that time period.

I called in to cancel my contract, and they referred me to a third party, ABC Financial. I called the number given to me by Gold's Gym Arcadia staff. The gentleman who answered was at first polite, but as soon as I told him I wanted to cancel my membership, he kept asking me questions as to why I wanted to cancel, thus trying to skirt my initial request of wanting to cancel. I stated that I was not happy and that the business practices of Gold's Gym was predatory, at best. The associate stated he was going to get his supervisor and that I was going to be placed on hold for 2 minutes. I was placed on hold for 8 minutes. He then picked up the phone and quickly hung up. I called right back, spoke with another associate, who then transferred me to a supervisor. She and the 2nd associate were professional and polite. The supervisor was very courteous and explained everything to a "T."

I am still highly dissatisfied with Gold's Gym, however. Reason being, I have to wait to cancel without a fee, and since the day that I can cancel is on the 3rd of March, I have to pay for April as well. I will never go to another Gold's Gym, nor will I ever recommend this establishment either. Pity, because I really loved this facility.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

I actually received my very first phone call from a horrible lady saying I owe 2000.00 in back dues for membership at Gold's Gym. I even fulfilled full term of contract obligation and she is stating I owe for the months after during which it was only month-to-month, I emailed her a copy of termination letter contract with highlighted term dates and she only further seeks a settlement. The collector almost acts like a zombie who hears nothing you say even though documentation is clear! I am in for class action!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

My wife (Maria) and I are avid gym workout enthusiasts and when we got an offer on our house for sale here in Wimberley, Texas, we immediately started making plans to move to San Antonio where we would be close to my wife's family and multiple Gold's Gyms. We had been members for three years at a small local gym here in Wimberley where we went 4 or 5 times a week.

So, about four months ago, wanting to be set with a new gym and not miss our workout routines and knowing that there were several Gold's Gyms in San Antonio, we went to the nearest Gold's Gym in Austin at 801 E. William Cannon Dr. There we signed a contract for a 2 year membership for Maria knowing that the membership advantages would be ready and waiting for her when we moved to San Antonio. I did not add myself to the contract because we were short on cash at the time and I did not know if I was going to have time to workout in San Antonio while getting a new house ready to move into.

We explained our enthusiasm to the manager and congratulated ourselves on our proactive planning. Little did we know how unwise our planning was at the time because 2 weeks later, the sales contract on our house fell through because of foundation problems on our house. At present, we do not know when we will be able to afford to fix the house foundation problem or when we will be able, if ever, to move to San Antonio.

So, knowing we had signed a 2 year contract, we went back to the Gold's Gym in Austin which is 37.92 miles away according to enclosed MapQuest. We explained our dilemma to the girl at front desk and requested release from the contract. She explained that I must call Customer Service in Dallas at the tele. # of 866-465-3775 for such a request.

I called the tele. # in Dallas and talked to a Customer Service Rep who said the contract could only be voided if I were to move more than 25 miles away from the nearest available Gold's Gym. I explained my dilemma that the opposite had occurred and that I had signed up for an intended Gold's Gym location in San Antonio where I was planning to move, but the move never materialized. The Rep seemed sympathetic to my dilemma and seemed to accept that it should make no difference as to whether I moved 25 miles away from a Golds Gym or whether I failed to move more than 25 miles to a Golds Gym so long that there is no Gold's Gym within 25 miles of my address.

At last I thought the situation was remedied and that Gold's Gym was living up to its reputation as a customer friendly organization. Alas, my elation was short lived in that. The Rep came back later and said that he was sorry, but his map showed that my address was within 25 miles of the nearest Gold's Gym which was in Austin??? I don't know what kind of map he was looking at, but Mapquest shows that the nearest Gold's Gym which is in Austin is 37.92 miles from my address here in Wimberley.

So, to preclude Gold's Gym from debiting my credit card, I canceled the card in hopes that someone would recognize my situation and the contract would be voided. However, such was not to be in that I have started receiving letters asking me to visit my local gym and make payment arrangements to recommit to positively change my life.

Today my wife and I visited the “local gym” (37.92 miles away) on E. William Canon Dr. in Austin and again repeated our dilemma and were told that they could do nothing and I needed to again contact Customer Service in Dallas….. At which time my PTSD from combat experiences in Vietnam kicked in and I made a bad scene…. I was asked to leave and then escorted to the door.

Have our country's businesses become so money mad that they do not recognize what is right and just from wrong in their pursuit of the almighty dollar? If Gold's Gym does not prescribe to this direction, then you will nullify the contract and release me from its obligations. In doing so, Gold's Gym will restore my faith in America's businesses and, if I ever move to within 25 miles of a Gold's Gym, I will become a faithful customer.

Otherwise, I will exhibit this in every media available and let the public decide what is right and just. In closing, please pass my apologies to the manager of the local Gold's Gym in Austin for my actions today. Under the circumstances, he did what was necessary.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I have been a member for like four months now. If you ever cared for your money, it ain't a good choice to go there. The first time I went to register, they will create hussle and come to talk to you being like 12 so as to convince you to pick the expensive workout. For a personal reason I decided to stop my membership and what I found out was amazing. I was told my payment won't be reimbursed (but I was promised during my registration process) for those sessions that I didn't attend even if I quit now, they will charge me extra one month payment. I don't get it!! So do yourself a favor and never ever sign up for a personal trainer and pay unless they provide you with a written statement of everything they say they do, which I bet they won't.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2015

This 7900 S Walker location of Golds gym is worse than bad. I have been going to a gym called Bodyfit for almost 5 years. It went out of business because of poor management, bad conditions. There had been rumors for a couple of months they were going out of business. If you asked the manager all he would say is he was trying to sell it.

I was on a month to month basis. I paid the 1st of the month for that month. The last couple of weeks it was pretty sure it was going to close. Everyone was asking each other which gym they were going to join. I never heard anyone say they were going to Golds gym. My friend and I went and joined a church gym. No big deal right? Wrong!!

I noticed a charge for Golds Gym on my debit card account. Asked my wife (who had joined the YMCA) she didn't know. I called Golds gym to find out what was up. The manager who, at best was very condescending. She was very happy to explain how it was not Golds gym we should have a problem with, it was Bodyfit. She told me Bodyfit sold all of our memberships to Golds gym. I did not give consent and was never notified (nor were any of my friends who also belonged to Bodyfit). She said Bodyfit sent a letter to all its members notifying them of the change. I did not receive a letter nor did any of my friends.

I told this manager I had no intention of joining Golds gym and she said "you have now". I demanded a refund and was told absolutely no refund and if you want to cancel the membership you could not do it there, you HAD to go to a website to cancel. She also said they wanted 30 days notice so there would be two monthly payments deducted from my acct before the cancellation took affect. She had this big huge bouncer standing by while I tried to reason with a very unreasonable manager and staff. I left and tried to cancel on the web site which was difficult to manage.

I ended up having to call corporate office to get it canceled. I told that manager I considered this gym a bunch of crooks which is being kind considering what I really think of them. I asked for a copy of the contract they claim to have and they said they don't have them yet. Bodyfit and Golds did this shady transaction because Golds knew they were going to get at least 2 months fees from every person that Bodyfit sold them.

I went to the bank and disputed the charge. No word yet. I am filing a complaint with the BBB when they return my call. There was another lady who came in while I was there with the same issue. I may see what an attorney says. This sure seems at the very best unethical, if not illegal. What ever you do - stay away from golds gym. Since this all happened yesterday I am sure there is more to come.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

5 years later my Golds Gym account still not canceled/closed out. Not one phone call, letter, or so much as an e-mail from Golds Gym or United Fitness (the credit collection agency). I had to find out through my Quicken agent after applying for a home loan that Golds Gym reported me to a collection agency for a gym membership I personally canceled back in 2010 before going on a 13 month long deployment. I submitted my orders TWICE to the Golds Gym and they assured me everything was taken care of and since then NOT ONE WORD!!! Now almost 5 years later there's apparently nothing Golds can or will do for me and nothing United Fitness will do for me as well (previously ABC Collections). My credit and the dream of owning my own home is now out my reach for another 2 years, when this nonsense is off my credit report. Sure I could pay the 1,000 + dollars but that's what this company wants, they continue to walk over our veterans, active military personnel and honest citizens to get money instead of relying on a honest business policy. I SAY THIS TO ALL - NEVER JOIN "GOLDS GYM"!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

I have been a vendor for Gold's going on three years now. They have twisted and turned all different kinds of ways to keep from paying for work I have done!! I have five outstanding invoices yet to be paid. Beware if you sub work for them. Janitorial, carpet, and floor care, etc. They won't pay!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

The Fayetteville location seems shady... The first time I was a member there, my now ex-husband signed up as an add-on family member. That same week he ended up breaking his ribs. So, my next time I went in to work out, I spoke to the people at the desk about it and they told me no problem. No more automatic drafts came out of the bank account. I am still not sure exactly what happened but they say it was never actually canceled because he didn't show them the hospital bill proving the circumstance and it went on to affect his credit. They said they sold the account to a collection agency and then there was nothing he could do but pay the bill in full. He never even used it!!!

So, a little time passes and I decide to try them again. I go by and talk to them and they flat out lied to me to get me to sign up again. First, told me I could pay the deposit a little at a time since I did not have full amount right then. Then went ahead and took the full balance of what I owed out of my bank account putting me in a negative balance. On top of that, they would not allow my son to come with me which was the reason I said yes in the first place. They had told me he could come with me for a couple of weeks to see if it was something that he would get into. Then, we could talk about adding him as a family member. They ended up not even letting him come one time without a $12 fee. Of course the people who signed me up and made all these promises were not there. They stoop pretty low with all the lies to sell their memberships. I will NEVER go back there! I'm just fed up with the Fayetteville location.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I joined the local Golds gym last year and signed a 1 year only agreement. Used the facility a few times and quit going, laziness. Waited the year to cancel my membership and the day my monthly dues came out I called to cancel the membership. Was told I have to come in to the gym to cancel. But also told that I would have to pay another month's dues as well as an enhancement fee because in January they charge all 1 year members this fee to upgrade equipment. I was furious, I waited to cancel for the year to end like the contract stated, but to be charged another month for them to cancel the membership and add this other stupid fee is outrageous. NEVER will I go to GOLDS for anything. It's a total rip off joint. Do not sign a contract with these crooks.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

My daughter (20 years old) went to Gold's Gym (they have changed the name now) and talked to a personal trainer, told him she wanted two months of personal training, and they went to the manager in charge of trainers and told him the same that she wanted only two months of sessions and when it came time to signing a contract she put her initials down for auto renewal even though they knew she only wanted two months of training. She never intended to do more than the two months because she had to go back to college out of state (she signed a contract July 22nd 2014) and the 2 month/24 sessions would last her all the way till August of 2015.

And then I noticed monthly charges of $600.00, I have my CC on auto payment and didn't notice the 3rd and 4th month and then it was too late to cancel for the 5th month (because the 30 day cancellation notice). And now they won't return the last 3 months of $600/month, I am fine with the first two months but not with the last 3 months. And all they do is give you the runaround, never got to talk to the actual guy in charge of the gym, Gold's or Evolve. What do you think? Should I take this to small claims? Evolve is actually the company that controls the personal trainers. Questions, please call me, Karel ** (Father).

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

My husband and I both signed a two-year contract with Golds Gym in Windsor, Ct. At the end of the contract, I was called on the phone about renewing. I went to the gym and signed another contract. At that time I told them my husband was not renewing his contract and they acknowledged that. After a month, two charges were made on my credit card. I wrote an email to the manager stating that I had renewed but my husband had not. No answer. Another month went by and, again, two charges on my credit card! When I called the manager refused to reverse the charges, stating that I had to cancel his contract in writing, thirty days before the end of the contract. It's odd, the gym emailed us with junk mail everyday, but no one could be bothered to tell us of these ridiculous requirements. So basically, after the contract period ends, Golds continues to charge you, evidently forever until you "write" to them. Evidently, an email doesn't constitute written notice! It's just shady, sneaky business practice. I don't want to continue my membership after this experience but that's probably not possible.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

I signed up for a full year's membership at the Gold's Gym in Waco, TX. I should have known to walk out the door the second the gentleman helping me sign up refused to turn the computer around so I could read what I was signing. I asked him twice if I could read the contract on his computer so I could see what I was signing for, but he stated that I couldn't read it until I had signed an electric pad with my signature stating that I agreed. He read and explained the contract to me, instead.

As soon as my year was almost up, I found out you have to submit to cancel a full month in advance and follow their exact procedures to get out of your contract. Thankfully, I found out about that in time or they would have renewed my contract for a year. I followed the guidelines they gave me, read everything twice, and have a confirmation of my cancellation; however, they failed to draft my final payment (I made no changes to my bank account, they just didn't even try to draft). I learned they didn't draft it once they sent me some bills that stated if I didn't pay the full amount they would reenact my contract for another year, send me to collections, and it would impact my credit.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2014

I signed up for the gym looking to lose a few pounds at the cypress landing location in Houston TX with Shaun, he took forever signing me up under a student promotion. I had to do 3 installment plan of $27 a week to pay for the fees they ask for, and then told me “Gold’s gym policy is that if it isn't for you, you have 30 days to cancel.” Ok fine. After day 20 between school, work, and kids and going there 3 times a week was time consuming so I was informed to send a certified letter so I spent $12 doing that, only for the manager Kristen to call me to tell me I don’t qualify for the 30 day money back guarantee because I signed up as a student. I said angrily “That’s not what Shaun told me.” She then puts him on the phone to tell me I did qualify but I didn’t meet qualifications, he said I was suppose to come in 3 to 4 times a week and I said I did come in 3 times a week.

Ironically the computer only shows me only coming there 4 times out the month, (which isn't accurate) it took the 2 weeks to get me with a trainer to get me tag to scan in so apparently no one was checking me in. I told them to keep the money they have I just don’t want to do business with them. After staying on the phone with him for over 45 mins him telling me he trying to help me but in the same breath saying there is nothing he can do, I was burning hot screaming in fury. Gold’s gym left a sour taste in my mouth.

Call back spoke with Kristen again and asked her to explain what she means by I never qualified, she says she has been with the company 3 years, and with students that doesn't refer to us to have the 30 day money back. I told her Shaun just sat on the phone for 45mins telling me I do qualify but telling me how I disqualified myself. I asked her “Well which one is it?” and she stated that I never qualified so I asked her “So he lied to me?” And she stated yes, that what he said wasn't true. I told her they needed to put him back in training because he is misleading customers, and after all I went through they offered me 3 days of personal training. I declined because I really wanted nothing to do with them.

I was really interested in the classes but they were never going on when I needed them to be. They were either at early times like when I’m at work, or days I had class, or when I could make a class it was cancelled. I’m furious the manager admitted that he signed me up under false pretense and he sat on that phone call trying to make me the blame for his screw up. Makes you not trust people or gyms. I’m disgusted with this location. Oh and then told me that since I paid in installments, that that disqualified me, so if I really did qualify for the refund he didn’t give me that info either. That liar left a lot out. He is a loser for taking advantage of a single mom of two that just wanted to be in better shape.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

In reviewing my bank statements, I had a notion that I was being billed twice a month. Indeed, I was being billed twice a month as the CSR said my card had been assigned to another account. She said "sometimes this happens." REALLY? This double billing began in July but I won't receive a refund for 7-14 days? REALLY? They are certainly quick enough to dip into your account for the initial fees. If you have the option of paying any other way than direct debit, DO NOT give them your debit card or account number. This issue is more about someone getting a free membership at my expense than the double billing though at this point I am in need of that $120.00.

I do not have my original receipt for verification as I have moved in the past week. However, I initially enrolled at Gold's Gym in Rockville, MD, Town Center. I sent a copy of my card (numbers blacked out) so they could verify that I did indeed own the card (don't like being accused of fraud, especially when it is their problem). If I can figure out how to get my iPhone response to consumer affairs, I will do so. I plan to cancel my membership today.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

This is how Gold's Gym scams every day working Americans. My wife did not sign a permanent contract. She can cancel at any time. Unfortunately, if you work a 40 hour + job (Which most people/couples probably do) and have kids, it is incredibly difficult to go to the gym at least 3-4 days a week to get your money's worth. When we are at home after work, we like to spend time with our family at home, not going to a gym to get a work out in. If we did go to the gym, it is probably 6:00 pm by the time we are done. Still have to make dinner....take care of pets....etc. They charged a BS $149 "start up fee!" Oh boy! Then they charged a 39$ yearly fee SURPRISE!!! So that 10$ a month thing?....yeah until you realize that you have to cancel for the above reasons.

To my complaint: Why can't you cancel by FAX or over the PHONE??? I can tell you why, because it is then VERY INCONVENIENT TO DO SO BY SNAIL MAIL. YOU HAVE TO GET A TRACKING NUMBER SO YOU CAN FIGHT WITH THEM WHEN THEY SAY "Oh we did not receive your cancellation" and then spend time on the phone fighting with them. My advice??? Get some free weights and a cheap weight bench at home. Gold's gym would be beneficial for college kids, otherwise STAY AWAY. Check out the cancellation process below. THEY MAKE IT EXTREMELY HARD TO CANCEL.

Gold’s Gym Cancellation Procedures: Please call ABC Financial at 1-888-827-9262. You must give a minimum 30 days notice prior to your next scheduled monthly dues payment to avoid an additional monthly payment. Member is responsible and agrees that any back dues, late and bank charges must be paid prior to any cancellation.

A. You the buyer may cancel this agreement within 7 business days after the date of the agreement, excluding weekends or holidays, by sending a certified letter to the address above.

B. If the member becomes disabled during the term of contract, and a physician confirms in writing to the club that: The member is not physically able to use the club; and the disability will continue for more than 6 months, The member is entitled to suspend the contract for the duration of the disability. If permanently disabled, the member may cancel the contract and receive a refund prorate of the amount pursuant to it.

C. If member changes permanent residence to over 25 miles from the club, and is unable to transfer to a comparable facility; such member shall be relieved from the obligation of making payment for services other than those received prior to the move, provided member supplies proof of new residence. If such member has pre-paid for services, the prorated amount for services not yet received will be refunded within thirty (30) days.

NOTE: THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT BE CANCELLED OVER THE PHONE, FAX, OR EMAIL

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

I joined Gold's Gym because of a heavy bag amenity that I use in my exercise regimen. The gym was remodeled, and the heavy bag was not replaced. I asked the manager about it, and he said it would be available in a couple of weeks. It was never done. I lost nearly 2 months of workouts.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

About a month ago my husband and I signed up for the Teterboro Gold's which had pretty good reviews online. The staff was friendly, and told us that our contract would start after the 7 day grace period, and if we needed to suspend our membership, it wouldn't be a problem. A month later when our schedule was not affording us to travel the 1.5 hour trip (each way), we called and asked for a suspension. The staff demanded proof, which we were never told we needed to provide. Then when we decided to cancel the membership altogether, we were told that our contract actually began on the FIRST day of the 7 day grace period, and since we were a week into our second month, we would be charged for NEXT month as well - $120 worth of services that we cannot use. They played dumb, as though we were never told any of this, and there was nothing they could do about it. We are still fighting it. Lies and greed, I cannot believe their total lack of compassion.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

I was a member of the Rush Fitness Center. Gold's bought them out a few months ago. Since that time, my satisfaction with the gym has declined steeply. It seems Gold's is more concerned with getting their name on everything than maintaining their equipment. There are machines that have been broken for the last three months. They should be repaired or replaced. They have broken the Rush name off of all of the signs. It looks tacky. Either leave the sign up until the new ones come in or take it down completely.

The gym used to have bright colors that made the environment energetic but they have replaced it with dull off white and light brown. The water pressure seems to have dropped significantly. I don't think they intentionally dropped the pressure, but they have not fixed it either. Some classes have been canceled. The overall cleanliness is poor. There are so many issues that need to be addressed but they are too concerned painting and getting their name on everything to bother maintaining their equipment. I am considering dropping our 4 memberships and going elsewhere. I would not recommend this gym to anyone. I hope they get better and this is just a hiccup in the transition, but my first impression is this was not a good thing for the Rush members.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

Extremely upset and appalled at their unprofessional customer service. They don't send out notices or let their clients know when their contract/year mark is coming up. I wasn't even aware until I checked my bank statement and received a charge for $59.95. I called the gym to find out what was going on. They said my year contract was up and I was being charged $39 for the annual fee. Since when was my contract up? I then asked why no notice was sent notifying me that my contract was coming to an end. The girl on the phone paused for a moment, then said "in the contract you signed, I'm sure you read the part about the annual fee". How does that answer my question?

Why don't you send out notices to your clients keeping them informed of this?! I asked to get the charge reversed and my membership canceled. They said they couldn't do that and gave me the Member Services phone number. I called them, and they gave me the same BS scripted response. "The contract you signed stated an annual fee". Sigh. I'm so irritated at the lack of comprehension these employees have. No one seems to comprehend that I am asking why no letter or notice was sent to the client. I understand the annual fee. Had I known it was coming up, I would've canceled once my contract was up.

Needless to say, I'm out, just canceled! Packed gym, not enough equipment, plus this experience makes being a member here not worth it. Once the new LVAC opens, I'm headed back there. Gold's Gym is a joke. They may have the $59.95, but they've lost a client and I'll make sure to direct anyone who asks to any gym but this one.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

Gold's Gym Losee Rd, North LV NV - This Gym is filthy, water and jacuzzi bacteria levels are unacceptable, smells bad. Jacuzzi has mountains of foam each visit. These areas plus locker rooms, showers, dry sauna are totally filthy. Never cleaned properly. Health Dept has shut down jacuzzi and pool area about 8 times in a few years. We are tired of paying high monthly payments to put our health at risk. Toilets broken, light fixtures dangerously exposed in Women's locker room changing area. Showers not cleaned properly, they cannot even change the clocks to the correct time. Management doesn't get the message after numerous complaints. Please look into this matter as soon as possible before someone gets very sick from a staph infection or worse.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

When I signed up for a membership, I paid for the three sessions with a personal trainer. My membership fees would be $15 and change every two weeks. I never received a paper contract outlining the details of the agreement only the form I signed stating which package deal I wanted. My initial payment was made and despite the funds being available, they would call and say that the billing charge did not go through. The personal trainer kept trying to arrange extra sessions and told me not to worry about the cost. On one morning, he tried to get me to sign something stating that I could be billed for any amount of money. I did not sign this and became suspicious so I stopped attending. Because I never received or signed a contract, I was not aware of their cancellation procedure and now I have a collection agency telling me that I owe over a thousand dollars. I signed up in March of 2014 and received a call in November 2014. I am in the process of working with an attorney to resolve this matter. But I will never recommend Gold's Gym to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

I had an awful experience at Gold's Gym in Manchester, NH. I was accused of training my friend and asked to leave because I was showing her how to adjust one of the leg machines. The Trainer was very rude and condescending and when I asked to speak to the manager because of the way he was treating us he called the police on us. I enjoyed the classes and the class instructors but this trainer ruined my experience at Gold's and to top it all off, management did nothing about the situation. All they care about is numbers, not the people.

Gold's Gym Company Information