Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.57/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2014

Upon registration, an agent explained that it's a month to month period and there is no contact, and I can cancel it at anytime. I understand fully that if I will cancel my membership after the monthly billing period I will be charge for another month. I did not expect that they will also charge me of not completing the 6 month period and charge me with an early termination of $25.00. Upon signing, this wasn't disclosed with me by the agent and there is a 6 month period contract. The agent/representative who you will be signing the contract intentionally omitted to mention this rule. As a customer I will think that this is a good deal but it wasn't. Technically, their contract doesn't tie in with their monthly membership with no contract and stay member for 6 months. I knew that there is a video of conversation that they can review when I signed this contract that representative did not disclosed the 6 months contract/6 months to stay member.

Original review: May 27, 2014

I provided medical documentation from the VA, that I could no longer continue the gym membership. Their statement "pay, or we'll send it to collections." Now it's at collections, I'm being threaten with garnishment of my disability, and a lien on my house because of a cheap ** gym membership. This place is not a place to go to. You'll be better off going to a "mom's and pop's" operation. It's proven time and time again when small businesses become large corporate franchises, they become corrupt with greed.

Original review: May 22, 2014

My son got a Gold's Gym membership his senior year in high school. He did this so he could continue to workout before heading to college to play football. He wanted something more than what the high school could offer. Gold's Gym informed us that there was no contract and he could cancel at anytime. The sales person told us that the contract did not apply to students. Well, this was a lie. ALL contracts with Gold's Gym are a MINIMUM 24 month contract. If you cancel early, you must pay a $100 buy out. This little detail is left out of the conversation. The contracts are also held by ABC Financial not Gold's Gym. So, if you have any problems, Gold's Gym says they can't help, and ABC Financial gives you a run around.

When I called ABC Financial to cancel the contract, I was told I had to pay the $100 cancellation fee. I was furious, as this was news to me. But, $100 is a heck of a lot cheaper than $804 which is the price of 2 years. We were told we could suspend the contract, but we still had to make the payments. So, I am not sure what part of suspension that was. I guess you just don't go to the gym even though you are paying for it. When we went to cancel the contract, we provided a certified letter to ABC stating to cancel the membership and why. The letter was to be sent at least 30 days prior to date of cancellation. We sent the letter in 6 weeks prior to the date required. ABC Financial sent a letter stating they could not cancel the membership, and that we had to continue paying the bill.

When called, they stated that they couldn't cancel the membership over the phone even though they had received the letter. I had to send another certified letter to them. This second mailing was now only a couple of days until the deadline. I felt they were trying to drag this out so we would continue to pay because we had not met the deadline date. It is definitely a fight to get the contract terminated. I am sure they make it a fight so that you give up as say it is just easier to ride out the contract. I went to Gold's Gym and expressed my dissatisfaction with their company, and how they took advantage of an 18 year old. Of course, all they said was, "Sorry." There is nothing they can do because they do NOT hold the contract. Someplace along the lines "the customer is always right" has been lost.

Bottom line, Gold's Gym misrepresents their "contracts" and their services. The contracts are legal binding agreements with an outside company of no less than 2 years, and if cancelling you MUST buyout the contract and state so in a certified letter. Gold's Gym services are poor. The equipment is not maintained properly and is pretty basic if you want to lift some serious weights. Many times the machines were broken. And if you want serious weights as football players or power lifters want, Gold's Gym does not provide them because they would be liable for any injuries.

Complaining to the Better Business Bureau gets you nowhere. There are countless reviews about the dishonesty of Gold's Gym and their contract holders, yet they are still in business. Now, I will take responsibility for allowing the situation because I did not research the reviews until after our experience. If you don't mind having an absolute rock tight contract, and you plan on working out on a treadmill every day, then maybe Gold's Gym is the right place to be. But, there are better places, with better accommodations, and who state all their policies up front in an honest manner out there. You may pay $600 a year in stead of $400, but I would rather pay more to an honest company than less to a dishonest one.

Original review: May 20, 2014

I met with the trainer and once we finished with the session. He asked if I would be interested in getting more sessions. I did say that I would like a few more sessions. He tapped a few things into his device, asked for my credit card to pay for what I thought was a couple of sessions and then asked me to sign. At no time during our exchange did he state that I was signing a contract, nor that I would be billed automatically on my credit card. He never showed me what he was typing into his device, never once.

It wasn't until my husband looked at the credit card and saw a charge from Gold's Gym for $160 on May 2nd and asked me what the charge was for. I went down to the facility and spoke with the manager. He didn't seem surprised that I had been charged or that I didn't know that I had signed a contract. When I spoke with Greg, he said he was sorry and that there was nothing that I could do. I am in the process of trying writing Gold's Gym to see about getting this issue resolved, since I was never informed that I was signing a contract or that as stated earlier to be billed automatically on my credit card.

Original review: May 18, 2014

Paid 180 dollars initiation, 39.99 a month for three years. One month before contract ended I called to cancel. Gold's Gym won't let me cancel. I was sent to collections. I had to pay 300 dollars to collections. Worst gym everrrrr.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: May 17, 2014

I am one of the many members with a bad experience with Gold's Gym. I read reviews about Gold's before signing up in January 2014 but thought I would simply beware of their tactics because I wanted to have a workout partner, my neighbor and friend, who had been a member of there for two years. The trainer said the military discount (that is advertised on their site) wasn't offered for my husband and me. - OK not a huge big deal.... I needed the kid's club so he "included" it with a family membership of $100 per month. I didn't want my card charged ea. month nor have it on file (based on all of the bad reviews) but they did that anyway. Had to have my account closed after several hidden charges appeared.

When I signed up the first day, the trainer had me to sign everything on a black screen, like a credit card machine, so I couldn't see what I was signing but was told my contract would be e-mailed to me. I was stopped at the desk two days ago (May 15) and was told I had to pay extra for kid's club for my son. I explained I had put the kid's club on my account when I enrolled. I met with the owner and he pulled up my contract and said I had not paid for it. He was unwilling to work with me because the contract couldn't be altered within the year that I had agreed to - oh, unless I was going to ADD the kid's club at $25 extra a month. After I explained I would be in Texas for the whole summer for reconstructive surgery.

He then gave me a month of free child care, not because he was trying to help ME, but because this reminded him that I was one of many victims that had a forged person trainer contract. The trainer that forged several contracts with his signature was "fired" but he probably went to another Gold"s Gym the next day and simply resumed business as usual. The contract was e-mailed five days after I signed up. It clearly says that any changes to the contract (me noticing I did not have child care or any disputes ) had to be made within three days of signing it. Long story short, I have found all of them to be uncaring, rude, and disrespectful. It has been about the money for them.

Original review: May 6, 2014

I have had a really bad experience with gold's gym. Our problems occurred in 2006 however. I would like you all to know the contracts they trick you into signing are actually not with gold's gym. Instead the owners of the contract is a finance company named "paramount acceptance". When you call golds gym about canceling or to change anything, you are talking directly to a dishonest shady finance company. They even have their own lawyers in the same office as their financial people so they are prepared to scam you with any legal loophole possible before you even contact them.

When we had our problems I went to the better business bureau as some of you have, only to find out they immediately sent their lawyers to the bbb to have my complaint first labeled as wrong and then removed entirely. Without your own lawyers the bbb will ignore all complaints about gold's gym. They lie about everything and intentionally go to great lengths to trap you into technical ironclad legal contracts. There is only 2 ways to get them out of your life once they trick you into signing any paper product. Close your bank account first so they can't withdraw any money. Then your only option is to pay them off completely and or file bankruptcy. In our case we had to do both. Remember, it's not gold's gym you are talking to, it is a finance company named "paramount acceptance".

Original review: April 27, 2014

My husband and I contract ended in February and I wrote a letter to cancel. My husband turned it in to one of the employees that said they would take care of it. Once our account was still being billed a month later my husband went back in. Someone told him they don't take handwritten letter. He was given a website: GoldsGymMembership.com. After going to that website it didn't work. I called and was given the same website and was told that making sure the GGM had to be capitalized to work.

Sounded crazy at that point! But anyway I tried that, didn't work! I then called back and the next employee stated that the website was GoldsGymMember.com. So I said ok, went to that & that didn't work either! This is the biggest rip off ever! We are being charged over $50 a month for service we are not using & FYI we moved to a different city that we will not be driving miles to go to the gym! Acct# **. I really wish I can get some help & soon.

Original review: April 24, 2014

Pay month to month so bad. When you cancel after month to month, you pay $40 for cleaning gym and $25 for cancel. This very expensive. Nobody tell you for cancel $25. People who work gym do not tell you about cancel. This gym very expensive. Pay month to month. Cancel $25 for what? This for me people lying, steal your money for cancel. $25 for what? So bad. Be careful. Do not go to Gold Gym. $9.99 is so bad a month. Cost you more money. People from Gold Gym lying. Be careful. Go to another gym. Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2014

I started on Gold gym on February. A staff member told me that I will be charged for 18.15 dollars per month for one year. I did the same for my daughter. In total they will charge almost 38 dollar per month. Now they had charged 59 dollars for each one, and said that I did signed a contract accepting that. First of all, the staff member told me that I have not to pay the annual fee because was an offer at that moment. She never gave me a contract copy. I did call to customer service of this gym and was treated so bad. They told me that was not their problem if staff did or did not inform to me. This gym sucks!!! Very easy for them to make money taking customer's money wherever they want......

Original review: April 22, 2014

Let me first begin this review/message by saying DO NOT SIGN ANY TYPE OF AGREEMENT WITH GOLD'S GYM! In fact, do not even join this deceitful, conniving corporation. My horrific ordeal began by signing a training membership with Fitness First (now bought out by Gold's Gym). I signed in November 2012 and it should have ended in October 2013. Keywords being "should have." Everything was fine until Fitness First was bought out by Gold's Gym and my trainer quit. When he quit, I had already paid all of my 12 monthly installments of $280 (plus a $50 fee). The gym still owed me approximately 26-28 training sessions which the contract I signed said I could use even after my contract expired. I attempted to obtain a replacement trainer with the management at the location, nothing. I called a different corporate office to obtain a replacement trainer, nothing. I called the corporate office to obtain a trainer, NOTHING.

Finally, fed up and after waiting 5-6 weeks, I asked my Credit Card company to charge back 4 months of payments for the training sessions that I was owed. About 6 weeks after, and still after never hearing from anyone at Gold's Gym, I received a threatening collections letter from a company called AAC (Affiliated Acceptance Corp). This letter stated that the charged backs I had issued were now in debt collections and if I did not pay the money back to Gold's Gym, AAC would report to credit agencies and tarnish my credit!!! I immediately tried to resolve the dispute with AAC. I was on the phone with them every day for hours. I communicated with them via email where I sent dozens of emails. Each time I spoke with someone, it was something different. Please send us this proof, send us this document to resolve, etc. However, nothing ever was resolved.

This was in December 2013. Finally, after dealing with AAC for 2 months with no resolution, I got the name of Adrianne **, who supposedly was the AAC/Gold's Gym representative. I first called/emailed her (she never picks up her phone) on February 11, 2014. Keep note that it has not been almost 2 months since I received the collection letter. I emailed her and explained to her how I never was provided a replacement trainer and that all I wanted was to be set up with a new trainer. Ms. ** replied to give her information; etc. This type of communication has now continued with myself and Ms. ** for over two months! She has been trying to "resolve" my account since February!!! She has told me to pay the $1120 that I had charged back and I would be allowed to have my remaining sessions. I issued the $1120 believing that I would be given my remaining sessions, even though I wanted nothing to do with Gold's Gym.

I really wanted to pursue litigation and seek damages but I wanted to just move on with my life, so I agreed to issue the $1120 to Gold's Gym on Ms. **'s assurances that I would be allowed to begin training and would be given the sessions owed to me from my contract. Finally, this afternoon, after I emailed her again (She never replies to my phone calls, will never call me, and will only reply to my emails after repeated attempts), I was told that I still owed $1120?! Perplexed, I emailed her and asked what she meant, since I had already issued the $1120 from my credit card. Ms. ** replied that for the months that I had been disputing the charges and communicating with her, my account was "still active" and that I now owed an additional $1120 and that NO TRAINING WOULD BE PROVIDED TO ME UNTIL I PAID AN ADDITIONAL $1120 TO GOLD'S GYM!!!

Needless to say, I am now officially no longer taking the high road. I will be pursuing legal action, notifying the BBB, and news/media outlets. I now know why it took Ms. ** almost 3 months to "resolve" my account. She or Gold's Gym wanted to continue "charging" me for my "active account" even though I was already disputing previous charges. I have not trained or used their gym since October 2013. I have repeatedly asked Ms. ** if I can use the gym and she has never replied and always indicated that I can only when I paid the $1120. This behavior is not only disgusting but illegal. AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN UP WITH GOLD'S GYM!!!

Original review: April 18, 2014

An open Letter to Gold’s Gym: I don't know whom to address the letter because I found everybody (literally everybody) in Gold’s Gym organization not worth discussing the matter. So, I am left with no choice other than an open letter to the organization. It might end up turning a bootless errand but I am hoping that at least one person in your organization is sane and this letter finds that person. I know I am again building castles in the air, but it will at least subside my frustration. I will not explain every bits and pieces of the conversation with Gold’s Gym personnel, and try to keep it short and simple. I will not use anybody’s name also because it’s not my intent to blemish someone’s image.

I have had a horrible experience with the customer service of Gold’s Gym. I had two memberships with Gold’s Gym - personal training membership (**) and regular gym membership (**). I didn't want to continue the personal training membership because I got married and didn't have enough money to pay for the training membership. After so much struggle and many email exchanges, I finally conquered the castle, and got myself rescued from the claws of the membership. I received an email from **, and here it’s cut and dry:

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM - “Therefore, I used your Marriage Certificate dated 10/24/2013 to cancel earlier than your 5/20/2014 obligation but since first provided 12/9/13, the 12/9/13 is the date used for the cancellation processing and no refund is due. As a courtesy, your request is being processed without the usual 30-day notice requirement, so by using the 12/9/13, no further drafting should occur.” I wanted to continue the regular membership, so I replied back. “I am ready to continue the regular membership”.

Everything was hunky dory until 3/4/2014 when I received one invoice which had $500 late charges, and all that crap on it. I called their billing department and they said "you would have to pay everything because our system says you have the active membership and we have been notifying you since December 2013 (I didn't receive anything)." I had a resolution that I would not pay a penny to you guys because I have a proof that you cancelled my membership. After that, I exchanged some emails with **, but all went in vain because I was trying to have a logical conversation. I am not going to flood this letter with those emails. So, I am putting relevant emails here:

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:05 PM, I sent them one nasty email with the help of my lawyer, and ** got a feeling that I wouldn't go away without a fight. So, she tried to placate things, and replied: “You are correct; you may buyout your contract for $400, half of the balance due. This is the main reason why I sent you a copy of your contract. That information is stated there. Please let me know how you would like to finally resolve your account, and we definitely appreciate your time and patience in the matter.”

She never gave me that option before. I though, I would pay Gold’s Gym one month rent as courtesy. “I don't want to settle for $400 because the contract was cancelled and I didn't use the gym for a single day. As courtesy, I am willing to pay one month fee that is $160 and be done with Gold’s Gym. Otherwise, I am ready to take the matter to litigation.” But ** was adamant, and I was not ready to give in either. Then the new story unfolded, she sent me an email that I couldn't cancel one membership without the other.

“After what you pasted from my original email, you responded with “I am ready to continue the regular membership”. You are not able to cancel one without the other, unless you make an early buyout payment for the amount of $400 to cancel just your training and continue with your membership. If not, both will continue to bill through the obligations you agreed to when you signed their agreements.” I asked her to show that in the contract that I can’t cancel one without the other, but obviously how could she show, when it’s not there in the contract. So she reverted back to the old story again that you can’t cancel one membership on the basis of relocation.

“The agreement shows your training obligation and the only way to cancel its billing earlier than the 12-month obligation you agreed to. Again, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding in the terms of your training agreement. You cannot cancel one for permanent relocation while keeping the other active for use because proof of permanent relocation is to show you are no longer able to use the services being provided. The only option there is for you to cancel your training account and continue your membership is to provide the $400 early buyout payment.”

I am just done with Gold’s Gym now, so I sent her the last email: “I thought we were talking about cancelling the one without the other. You have again changed the topic. Initially, you agreed that you cancelled on the basis of marriage certificate. I don't know how you again went back to relocation thing. My membership was not cancelled on the basis of relocation so please don't mention relocation again. I am done with this back and forth email thing. I will talk to my company's lawyer again today. He suggested me not to pay $400, because I am not at fault.”

This is how frustrating my journey has been with Gold’s Gym. I would have expected what I thought was a reputable company to honor the commitments made by its customer service personnel. Apparently, I was mistaken in relying on the **’s statements, even though ** is the individual that Gold’s Gym has appointed to deal with customers. I can tell you that my own company, and I expect most companies, would not renege on promises made its personnel. Adding to my vows, I was conveyed a different message every time. Suffice it to say I am just done with Gold’s Gym and I would advise everyone to reconsider their decision of joining Gold’s Gym. It’s heck of a deep pit and all the ways to get out are with Gold’s Gym, once you are in, you can't get out without Gold’s Gym help.

Original review: April 16, 2014

I'd been in disability for over 10 months now. I brought a doctor's letter that was requested in order to freeze my account, instead of being cancel because that was my only option. Two months later, I find out I'm negative in my account due to a courtesy payment to Gold's Gym. I go back to the gym and show them Dr's note again, this time a different manager. She apologizes for the misunderstanding, but meanwhile I was already negative. Well they did refund $40 and now my monthly payment was $7 for the next seven months. Later on can't remember why I ended up talking to another supervisor and she said I shouldn't be paying anything. Well she said it was going to be refunded. Never happened this time.

I got tired. I already have enough going with my pains. I got a phone call from Gold's Gym almost in a daily basis probably twice a day. I got a hold of the manager. I brought him another Dr's note. I ask him for an advice since I can't use the gym at all. His best advice is to cancel the membership but I have to pay over $170 for late fees and cancel. He told me to go back before April 15th to see if he can help me out. I spoke with him over the phone. He sounded sarcastic. At one time I told him I will visit him the next day hoping for a better answer. He agree with it. Next day, I waited for 30 to 40 minutes in the lobby. He was page twice. The guy at the lobby very friendly asked if I'd like to speak to the lady in a desk. I explain her my situation and the manager supposed to call me back. I don't know where this will end. I was trying to pay the $50 for cancellation but they are making this to became a nightmare.

Original review: April 14, 2014

I recently signed up with Gold's Gym on a promotional they had for a month-to-month membership for $19.95/month, which is a value considering their facility. I was told this is a month-to-month membership, not minimum requirements; just the start up fee and monthly payment. However, I was misinformed and in many ways lied to. Reasons I say this are as follows:

1.) I called on April 14th to cancel my membership, having two days left in the period I had already paid for on March 16th. I was informed by their representative that because I cancelled within the first six months I had to pay $25 (I had signed up in December). Even though I am on a month-to-month and I can "cancel at any time", they will charge me a fee for doing it within the first six months.

2.) Being that I didn't give them 31-days notice of my cancellation they are going to charge me the $19.95 membership fee for next month as well.

So while I am on a month-to-month, no minimum agreement, I was actually under a six-month contract with them. This is consumer fraud. I was also told if I don't pay, I will be taken to collections and it will hit my credit account. So in essence, they are using consumer credit as leverage to make you pay extra, based on very transparent misleadings about their product. Very unethical business.

Original review: April 11, 2014

The Gold Gym in Murfreesboro needs to have some training in customer service and manners. I called them to get the right e-mail for my Marine son that is overseas in Japan. The young lady gave me an e-mail to give to my son and I wrote to him on his wall. My son tried to e-mail and could not because she gave me the wrong one. So, I called her back today 4/11/2014. We had talk and she kept saying that she did indeed give me the right e-mail. She might have thought she gave me the right one but she left out the TN part to make it complete. The name of this person is Amber and all she wanted to do was to argue with me and I didn't have time nor did I want to talk to a person that has any knowledge of her work.

Original review: April 10, 2014

Nobody professional works at this location. Recent changes made it even worse. I was excited when it opened first. It was very clean and everything worked. Now not so much. Have to cancel my membership :-(

Original review: April 9, 2014

It all starts when you want to cancel. We joined the gym on legacy trail and what we were told was totally different than what we are experiencing. You cannot cancel. Once you are in you are stuck. If you try to call them they will talk down to you and treat you like you are at fault. There's no way that you can contact a supervisor. They will not let you and if you call again you will talk to someone who will be worse than the first person that you talked to in the first place!! They will bill you no matter what. They upgraded our membership and will not get you back to your initial agreement even if you ask them to. This is the worst experience I have ever had.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I bought a membership on November 1, 2013 at Gold's Gym and right after that I went home to change and come back to try the gym but unfortunately I fell down the stairs and sprain my right ankle. I thought a few weeks later I will be back so I decided to maintain the membership. They got my payment in December but for some reason they couldn't do it in January of 2014 but I was never contact for anybody from the gym. In February they called me and said that I owe $145 and when I asked for what, they will never told me or send me any paper or e-mail explaining in detail that amount.

In March, the amount was $165 and still don't tell me for what, so at the beginning of April I called them to asked again for more details on my account that now was $185. I also asked for a copy of my contract and I was told that they will charge me $10 to e-mail me one. At the end, I have been trying to talked to a Supervisor but they only transfer me to a machine and don't return my calls. I asked to make payments arrangement to pay $20 a month and then I was told that I will be charge $20 a month for having my account past due. Even though I cancelled the membership in February, they still want to charged me with an extra $20 every month.

I had never experience something like that with any other company in the past. I think Gold's Gym is just a bunch of people that they only care about your money and nothing else. The gym is always dirty, the showers filthy and when people said something, they do nothing. They are the worst gym in Utah and probably around the country. They don't care about their customer and I will never ever be a member of this gym again. At the end, I will end paying almost $200 in membership that I was never able to use due to my accident, but I guess that nothing compare to what they would get if I would stay as a member.

I hope people open their eyes and stay away from Gold's Gym not just for what happened to me but for what they do to customers in general. If you have a month to month contract with them, take the time to check it and you would see that it's almost impossible to get out of that contract because you not only need to pay for the last month that you won't be able to use but also they will charge you for other fees for the most incredible reasons that you can imagine, and if you don't pay that immediately, you will pay extra fees of at least $20 more a month for not doing so.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I am hugely disappointed with the Temecula Gold's Gym. On Feb. 1st, I called to cancel personal training since the 6 month contract was up in March. They said I needed an exact 31 day notice; therefore I had to pay a 7 month because I was calling under the 31 days. To avoid this for an 8th month, I made sure to go in person to the gym and formally request cancellation.

On Feb. 11, 2014, I went to the gym and filled out the paperwork titled “Request to Cancel Personal Training; 31 Days Advance Notice Required”. I was really happy I took care of this, because the previous 6 months that I was contracted with were such a financial hardship being charged $200 a month. I was not comfortable with the trainer they set me up with and just stopped going. He was nothing like the trainer that had initially trained with me for 2 days and talked me into signing up. I was highly disappointed.

Well, on April 2 what do you know, I was charged that 200 dollar fee. I put in well in advanced a 31 day notice and was still charged. I called the Jonas Fitness number because I was done dealing with the actual gym, and after faxing them my yellow receipt that is proof I gave a 31 day notice. They approved me for the funds they took out to be returned. I was absolutely shocked when they told me the return would take 2-3 weeks! This is ridiculous, and now I have to struggle another month. This could have been avoided if the business would’ve reported my paperwork as promised. I am a human being; not a number and not just an income to your business.

I have learned a huge lesson which has cost me around 1400 dollars now. I have just had bad luck with your company. I just have not had good luck with this company. I got locked-in to a 2 year contract for 25 dollars a month and the next month you came out with a promotion for month to month for only 9.99. This whole ordeal has been horrible, and I am still stuck paying the 25 dollars a month until June. I think I should be let out of that contract due to everything that has happened, but I know that will not be the case. At any rate, be aware before getting suckered into their personal training scheme.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GOLDS GYM! The staff (personal trainers) are NOT professional. The manager is clearly too young and runs the gym as his personal play ground. I was excited to join Golds Gym but I now know they are just another bogus corporate gym. If you are looking for personal training this is NOT the place. I have watched many people buy their personal training packages and be pushed off to different trainers or changed workout times. What I mean is I was to work with a special trainer at 10:30 am MWF but to accommodate new people they changed my trainer and then that trainer changed my workout times to 12:30 pm MWS. Then that trainer quit and now they are short trainers and can't fit me in. I have already paid in advanced for the training and now I'm trapped. I DO NOT RECOMMEND GOLDS GYM!

Original review: March 31, 2014

Took military paperwork into the gym to cancel. They said they do not accept the papers there and to call National Fitness. They demanded paperwork be faxed, even when the paperwork was seen in the gym location. They then just tried to put the membership on hold status. They were terrible to deal with. They better NOT attempt to debit account again - as the military paperwork permitted to be sent was uploaded on their website.

Original review: March 28, 2014

Serious Complaint against Gold's Gym Raipur: This is very serious complain against Gold's Gym Raipur-Chhattisgarh. I along with my four friends took the membership of Gold's Gym Last year in the month of Feb '13. Since the very first day the services, cleanliness and the behaviors of manager and the owner was so pathetic that we all regretted that why we have taken the membership. Some staff along with other members smokes in the changing room and toilet and during the nighttime they use to drink beer and whiskey in the canteen area. I have taken the photograph also and going to post online. The cleanliness is so poor that more than 90% members keep on complaining the owner but he never listen and ignore everybody.

The massage room is so pathetic that if you enter the massage room, you will feel like vomiting and that was the reason I did not avail my balance 10 free massages. The massage person being appointed by Gold's Gym Raipur use to chew tobacco all the time and throw saliva of tobacco in the room itself. The condition of Gold's Gym Raipur is so bad that 40% of cardio machine is not in the working condition and the owner never took the pain to get it rectified. The owner of Gold's Gym Raipur's main and foremost motto is to earn money and money and nothing else. You can send your team to get the survey done and only then you will come to know the reality of Gold's Gym Raipur.

I have come to know that the owner of Gold's Gym Raipur never pay salary in time to their staff and that was the reason the dietician ran away and left the job. The Gold's Gym Raipur is taking extra 3% from the clients who pay the money by credit card and never use to give the receipt for the payment being made in cash. It seems some fishy is going on inside. I have visited Gold's Gym across the world and this is the first Gym where I could see and realize, as if I am in some local and non branded Gym. When I joined we were told that the spinning classes will be the part of yearly membership but just after one month the spinning classes were shut down.

The TV which is being installed in the Cardio machine never works because the owner never recharges the airtel connection. Out of 10 machines the recharge is being done only in 20% machine. Kindly let me know why the action should not be taken against the Raipur franchise and cancel this franchise. The Gold's Gym should take appropriate against the franchise; otherwise, nobody will be willing to join the Gold's Gym of Raipur. I have left the Gold's Gym and will join ABs.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I originally signed up for a year membership for $19.99 and Personal Training. One thing I didn't realize is you have to pay the membership cost on top of the personal training. I know I must have not read the contract completely but I later found I had signed up for 12 months for the personal training which was fine until I was laid off of work and I couldn't afford the $300 membership. I asked the lady that was in charge of memberships and she pretty much said too bad, there is no policy about being laid off. It's at pretty much the place I'm in is no problem. I'll pay my monthly membership and not eat. Not sure I would want to anyway. Gold's Gym has left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I and other independent Personal Trainers were members of Fitness First that was bought by Gold's Gym. As members, we were charged the regular fee and they also charged us another fee as independent trainers. However, working over there became a liability because I had a few clients and I had to cancel my services as a trainer. I called Customer Service to get information about that and they said they had to cancel everything all together, meaning my fee as a trainer and also my membership. The manager told me if I wanted, I could come back after 3 months. I called Corporation and left a message for one of the Customer Service Personnel. I am wondering if it is legal to throw out a member of more than 10 years. All I wanted to do was to cancel my services as a Personal Trainer.

Original review: March 24, 2014

I wanted to pay every month on my own. I was assured by one of the staff members that I could do this. Nope! I overworked my body and I was out for almost two months. I was charged automatically, and I could not get my money back for those months I didn't use their equipment. I was told that I could have put a hold on the card. That also was not true. I called my bank to change my card number, and I went to a gym that does NOT require a card number! They also took additional money out of my account by charging me twice for "recurring fees" ($39.99) in less than three months when it should have been once a year.

Original review: March 13, 2014

I have always had great experiences with Gold's Gym. The staff was always nice, the facilities well kept. My fiance and I started going to the gym back in late 2012. It was right around the house from us. However we moved to a small town outside the city in September 2013 in which it was not convenient for my fiance to continue going (25 miles away) but I kept mine nonetheless because I still had to travel to work in the city.

At the beginning of 2014 I decided to cancel my membership as well which there was no problem doing. The staff was super nice. This is where it gets interesting. As I reviewed my credit card I noticed I was still being charged for my fiance's membership. I spoke with the staff at my gym about it and they said his account was never closed. I brought proof (cancellation documents) to the gym in which they gladly cancelled the account right away. They said I should get the money refunded but told me to call the customer care line to handle the refund. I spoke with Nick ** who asked me to email the document stating when the contract was cancelled (September 2013) so I did. He said I would only get 90 days back. I asked for his upper management's phone number so this could be handled further. I received a phone call from Belinda who seemed to be Nick's supervisor. She calmly explained that I would NOT receive any refund. To which she said it was in the contract:

"I understand and agree that it is my obligation to review my bank and credit card statements monthly to verify appropriate amounts have been drafted. In the event that my account has been incorrectly drafted, I agree that I will notify Gold's Gym immediately. I understand that after 90 days, it will be deemed that I have reviewed my bank or credit statement and have waived my right to receive a credit card, bank account, or other account adjustment, including late fees or other charges."

I assume "other charges" implies charges wrongfully placed by their inability to close an account in the first place. So long story short. It is us who get screwed by them despite their errors. Shouldn't they be responsible for this? Belinda could not even tell me why that is in the contract. Although she was the manager she was as useless as a rock. Every company I have ever done business with or worked for have always considered the customer important and worth helping so what moral right do they have taking money that is not their own? If this kind of crap is happening to everyone why are they still in business? Good lawyers I presume.

Original review: March 5, 2014

Me and my fiance thought we would join a gym together and have a blast! When we were there almost every single night after we got off work! We did have a blast! The night crew was great and knew us as soon as we walked through the door and had no problem starting up a conversation as we arrived and as we left we would always be there another 30 mins talking about this and that! Shortly after Thanksgiving 2013, we found out we were expecting a baby in August of 2014 and by my doctor, I could no longer go work out and the stress of the bills wasn't good either.

I called the Gold's Gym customer service to explain I needed to cancel due to pregnancy. The first time I called the woman was very rude and unprofessional. I asked to speak to management and she said there was no need and I said there was a very high need and she said, "Don't cuss at me"... I never cussed at her a single time and I said, "I didn't, if you heard something you didn't like it was probably in the background cuz I was at work and it's always loud in there and everyone always said something," and I apologized for what she had heard and then I tried to continue the conversation to get something figured out and she said, "I SAID DO NOT CUSS AT ME", and then she hung up.

Today I called back and to me it sounded like the same woman but I tried to explain and she said, "Well, I'm not freezing your account," and if this is true to bring in a doctor's note and proof and I said that I didn't have a problem at all cuz Every time I went to the doctor, I had to do a pregnancy test so I was use to it and I kinda laughed cuz I was trying to lighten the mood and she goes, "Well actually you being pregnant is not my problem", and that it wasn't a permanent problem and I still needed to continue to go to the gym... Once again I asked to speak with a manager and she said no cuz I wasn't gonna get her in trouble and then she hung up on me! Worst customer service ever!

Original review: March 1, 2014

I joined this newly opened gym in Columbus OH recently.They advertise on their front entrance $9.99 monthly but after you join, its different amount like $31.45. To make matters worse, they told I can't cancel because its yearly or I have to pay the remaining 10 months. Now I am regretting why I joined this poor service gym. Even their front desk service is poor and rude. I talked their manager who isn't very helpful too.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2014

Joined Gold's Gym and was told I could cancel at any time without penalty and special no yearly fee in 2/2013. Much to my surprise in June I was charged a membership fee for both memberships. 6/28/13, I requested cancellation and return of my money. I was then told I was under contract and couldn't cancel. I then moved 1300 miles away, no Gold's Gym for 200 miles. I was told even though the contract said if I was more than 50 miles away, I could cancel. A letter from my landlord wouldn't be sufficient proof nor would a bank statement. Then they assured me my accounts would be cancelled Feb. 6 at end of my contract and no more fees would be withdrawn. Guess what, today 2/24/14 my account was charged again. When I called to speak to them, the person on the phone said, "I can tell you are angry and I don't want to deal with you so I'll put you on hold and come back when I feel like dealing with you," which was 13 minutes later. He then proceeded to tell me that I didn't notify them when I requested cancel, that I had two accounts which I most certainly did and not only would I not get my money back that they will also be taking another fee next month. Total crooks.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

I was working out doing the preacher curls when a guy in gym comes up to me and says "how many sets you got left cause I'd like use it when your done" I reply 'ok' and make mental note so therefore, when I see him I can let him know I'm through using barbell.

As I proceed to move toward my next exercise which I'm now doing Incline Dumbbells, A staff member by name of Carlos comes up to me and says "you still using barbell?" I reply I'm done with it, just before I can imply there is another guy wanting use it, Carlos states to me "Well get over there and re-rack the weights" I reply back "No sir" there is a guy who mentioned to me he wanted use weights after me, the staff member replies back "as of now, no one is using the weights you were using so re-rack them Now." I blow off the staff members rudeness & demanding behavior.

As I proceed continue my workout, Charlene the manager of Golds Gym comes up to me and she says didn't you hear what he (Carlos) told you what to do? I look at her with a look of disbelief. Then she says quote either you re-rack the weights or I can deactivate your membership and call the COPS(SAPD) to escort you out the gym! I reply back you are going call the cops on me for not re-racking the weights after a guy told me he wanted use them after me. She then demands for me give my badge to her, I did not oblige nor did I respond or say anything to her. She then walks off.

After careful contemplation & thought, I figured it was deemed necessary only to file a complaint, so I call customer service number on back of key tag card 1-866-465-3775 which was shortly after 5pm on February 17th, 2014 which automated system stated I had call during business hours of 8am-5pm. So I call next day on February 18th, 2014 spoke with customer service rep. By first name of Nieman, I told him about incident and what all occurred. He states email over the report to his email address, then he states to me I see that management look into this at that location it occurred...I say to him hold on management is who I'm filing this complaint against and he says "oh no it'll reach person in charge over her (Charlene) to investigate the report.

Sure enough, I send incident email to him. Now keep in mind I'm attending a different Golds Gym location on Tuesday 2/18/2014 and Wednesday 2/19/2014 but it happened on Monday 2/17/2014. He sends me confirmation email that Golds Gym location has received my complaint. Which was on Wednesday 2/19/2014.

Here's where foul play begins; I return to gym on Sunday 2/23/2014 at the Golds Gym on DeZavala & IH-10 the staff member at front desk tells me my membership has been Terminated, on 2/19/2014..! I say "Terminated?! Exactly what for?" She states in the report there was profane language and aggressive behavior on my behalf which is totally absurd. I've been member well over 10 years not One altercation not even a dispute with Any member inside a Golds Gym location.

So I wait until Monday morning 2/24/2014, so I call call customer service. I inform them of what's going on, they tell me there is nothing they can do its nonnegotiable and that kind of behavior is intolerable, exactly what kind of behavior has taken place besides being non-responsive toward a fool? I explain in my best English format I know how to get across to these buffoons. That can't you see this manager has written a bogus statement in a successful attempt to get my membership terminated? The statement is crafty written on her behalf to justify why she has canceled my membership. I was still going to gym up until that Wednesday when the customer service rep confirmed to me that Golds Gym had received my email complaint.

As I'm on phone with customer service rep they are refusing to allow me speak with a supervisor, they keep saying there is nothing you can do, and that internal investigation has taken place already. Oookkkk yeah right because if soo all they had do was check the cameras and they will see that there wasn't any kind of aggressive behavior nor any kind of profane language on my behalf at all. Call this Golds Gym customer service number and ask speak with supervisor, watch how you get treated: 1-866-465-3775

Gold's Gym Company Information