Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.59/5

Gold's Gym Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2015

I joined The Rush and Golds Gym bought them out. My contract was for one year and we crossed through the section for month to month once it was passed a year. I paid in full. In march I called to check the status on my acct since I couldn't go there bc I had a disc fusion and couldn't drive. The guy said it had expired in March and I no longer had a membership. I told him I could no longer come anyway bc I couldn't work out yet They are still charging me and keep calling my house. I keep telling them I don't want any type of membership and they just won't cancel me. I don't understand. I even sent them a copy of the contract and they are telling me I should have a second page. The Rush only gives one page. I'm never going to pay them, I can afford it but it's the principle that they are scamming people.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I joined in Jun-July 2014, used it for month & put membership on freeze for couple of months (Aug & Sept 2014) as we were going to be out for most part of the months. In the end of September, we wanted to close the account. We did go to close the account in the end of September 2014, where Front-Desk receptionist couldn't get the form to close the account (if any) & asked to provide membership information on sickly piece of paper & were told that cancellation would be taken care by Accounts Department. (NOTE - Front-Desk receptionist was newly joined employee of the Gym.)

Then again after getting charged for the month of October 2014, which I found sometime in mid of October, I called Account Department about Cancellation Note. But they refused to reverse changes for not providing cancellation notice. I also asked for full month of service from mid-October to mid-November, as we never utilized Gym for October. But that request was also bluntly refused by the Account Department person.

In order to close the chapter, we went again & filled up the Cancellation Notice & handed over to Front-Desk receptionist sometime Mid-October. Unfortunately we didn't make photo-copy or asked for any confirmation receipt. Still my membership didn't get cancelled and they are still charging us. When I contacted their Main Office in Texas, which handles Billing, I was told "You can't cancel at local Gym, Send us payment & cancellation notice."

Original review: June 5, 2015

What I say is they do not like if you question or decline their services. They have poor business practices, do not return phone calls, say they do something and they don't and overall their professionalism is lacking. Unethical. I would say do not sign up for Gold's. Too many other gyms to pay less and get better service.

Original review: June 5, 2015

We worked out at home for a few yrs before finding Gold's Gym Conroe. We have been so impressed! The manager is approachable and kind. The classes are incredible. Love having tanning beds. Our monthly fee is doable. We are so appreciative!! Thanks Gold's!!!

Original review: June 4, 2015

I signed up for a gym membership for me and my daughter. I cancelled the contract according to the terms of the agreement. They continued to run my debit card for the fee. After many phone calls and letters, they stopped. Then they closed their business. Six years later, this shows up on my credit report as two collection accounts. They say that I have to prove everything all over again. Do yourself a favor: never do business with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: June 1, 2015

My CC continues to be charged even after I have cancelled membership which was not under a contract. After several attempts, and phone calls, I had to go through my cc comp to dispute. DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I have been cheated. I took a membership back in November 2014. They told me I'll get full support and trainers are well trained to help me. But it was absolute joke and it is ridiculous. I'll never ever renew my contract with you guys and never recommend you to any of my relatives or friends. I was told many things before I could pay you guys, however once Gold's took money from my account they started treating me like a stranger. I was given a trainer who helped me just for the first two days then he asked me if I wanna go ahead and take up a personal trainer package which would cost me fortune. I said let me check if I can because I'm a student and I work part-time for my pocket money.

Later after two days I told him I cannot go for it because I cannot afford it, that's it. He never spoke to me after that. Whenever I tried speaking to him or went to him to ask help he gave me weird looks. I felt like I'm begging and helpless beggar who got cheated from an international brand like Gold's. Since then I'm just doing cardio and watching videos on YouTube to learn stuff. I cannot go to any other trainer because the time I go to gym there will not be any trainer available.

It is so frustrating because I spoke to the receptionist before I took a membership and told her I work for UK and I work between 3PM to 3AM so I want someone to help me at initial stages at least for a month or two. She said to me not to worry "We have hell lot of trainers who will always be available to help you out." She never told me we have to take personal trainer after paying for my annual membership. I'm so frustrated at this point of time I wanna use ** at each and every line I'm writing to you but no I don't want readers to read those words. I hope this paragraph make sense and I get a reply back in my email or a call on my mobile number about taking further action.

Original review: May 28, 2015

Gold's Gym is great and very clean, but the staff is not very knowledgeable when it comes to cancelling memberships. I brought a change of address form and they never cancelled my membership, nor did they tell me I had to take further action and cancel it myself online. So I reached out to customer service and it took them almost a month to cancel my membership, and they refused to refund my money. I do think this is a poor business practice.

Original review: May 22, 2015

I loved the gym: shiny, new, clean, with nice equipment and friendly and helpful staff. But, try to cancel, and it's not so friendly or helpful. I never intended to cancel but had to move unexpectedly. Now, I will never, ever, ever sign up at a Gold's Gym or recommend to anyone. Ever! Ok, when I first signed up, I was told it was month to month. I even wrote them a glowing review. So I walk in to cancel and the manager tells me they never had any month to month offer and to cancel I had to pay $200 per person! What!? $200?! As well as giving them 30 days notice.

I understand if they charge you one more billing cycle but why the $200 cancellation fee? Mind you, it's not like I just signed up a month ago or so. It's been a year now. To even put the account on hold, you also need to give them 30 days and they charge you $10/ mo for that time. On top of that, you can only put your account on hold for a few months each year. And what's the logic of having to pay $10 a month to put an account on hold? No other gym ever asked that. Oh and they only allow consecutive months. So no, you can't put your account on hold in December and then in July.

Maybe you'll still be happy with Gold's Gym, if you never ever move or go on vacations or travel much. Or you don't mind paying for something you won't be using while you're away. So, since my family have 2 contracts with Gold's, I have fork out $400 to cancel. So imagine if you signed up more than 2 people. Let's say a family of 4, that's $800. Yikes! I never had so much trouble with a gym! Their policies stink.

I guess they don't want return customers. If they open a Gold's Gym in my area, I'm not going near there. If they had better policies I would have rejoined. But they give me very little reason to. How are we supposed to predict if we ever need to move to an area where there is no Gold's gym? Everyone really needs to read contracts before you sign. Don't go by how friendly they are or what they say. Gold's doesn't exactly inspire loyalty, do they?

Original review: May 20, 2015

Non-management staff is great, gym is clean, and there is quite a bit to do, though it is a bit pricey. But if you end up having to talk to management for anything, good luck. Extremely rude and judgmental. Even if we did stay in the area I don't think I'd want to come back to this gym JUST for that reason.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Gold's Gym Hanwell has the most unprofessional manager working there. The lady is rude and treats the customers with no respect. Don't waste your money guys. Go to Virgin or Kiss gym, at least you will be treated good.

Original review: May 11, 2015

For the past couple of weeks I have visited the Gold's Gym @ 1051-B Patrick Street, Frederick Md. 21702. It has been like a sauna inside while people are exercising. I as well as many others have asked the reception what's wrong with the air conditioning. They keep on saying it is not working. This is not a good way to run a gym. You need air conditioning and air to be recycled for health reasons. If this keeps up, someone could get seriously hurt. Also, the cardio machines use computers to operate properly. There are machines that stop running and some squeaking can eventually cause problems. This has been my experience during the past couple of weeks.

Original review: May 17, 2015

I will never ever recommend Gold's Gym to anyone. I signed a contract in Jan of 2014 for one year. Once the year was up I called to see what are the steps of canceling the contract. I was told over the phone to simply go on their member's site online and use my member number to put a reason for cancellation and it would all be kosher. I asked the employee on the phone if a cancellation letter was necessary and he told me no since my contract was up. My last payments were taken out of my CC so I thought, "Phew that's easy". Then a month in I noticed charges for $20 every other week and then for $5 dollars every two weeks. It took me a while to catch on that this was being taken out since I don't really look at my CC statements. So then when I added all of these charges up they came close to $70 bucks for about 3 months period.

When I tried calling Gold's to speak to someone in charge of accounts I was told numerous time on numerous occasions that the manager was not in, try another day. I finally cancelled my credit card and got another only to have a debt collector call me two days ago for $80 dollars. I was livid. I told him I don't understand why my account got sent to collection considering my contract was up, I did exactly what I was told to do with cancellations and why am I being charged after they kept taking money from my card. He got very rude with me and told me "Well maybe if you followed the rules on cancellations and wrote a letter like you were supposed to do we woudln't be calling".

Of course I fired back and told him I was going to go talk to Gold's about this matter before I paid him. I know this is just going to be a huge hassle. I'm extremely disappointed in this company and their customer service. I never once got a letter or explanation for any funds that I owed and why, just got sent straight to collections. Whatever you do, don't ever make a mistake joining this gym.

Original review: April 23, 2015

Gold's Gym is a scam. You cannot reach a district manager, regional, or even the manager at Gold's Gym. They'll put an operator on the line, act like Hillary Clinton and say they have no knowledge of the problem. Overcharge monthly. Do not attempt to reach the account holder instead charge overages. Send to collection and try and argue with the customer. Will not give you to a higher authority - they try and keep it in house.

As a paying customer I should not have to make 4 different calls each time waiting over 30 min to reach someone with no response. They will not give you a higher authority to speak with. Their response - they'll hang up on you and then say "It must have been your phone cutting out!!!" Really Gold's Gym is the worst at customer service. They'll rip you off, overcharge you, and don't care about their paying customers. Oh and good luck with trying to reach a manager. They'll tell you "He is not in today. Call tomorrow," and receive the same response again the next day. Never again Gold's Gym never.

Original review: April 26, 2015

Plaza America Reston Va - Following a session with a personal trainer, the trainer had an outburst of anger and verbally abused me. (We had a good working relationship prior to this unexpected event.) This incident seemed very straightforward - I , the member was verbally abused by a trainer. Member was shocked and humiliated. Trainer could apologize, member could withdraw and find a new gym. Since no apology materialized and Gold's will not release me from the contract, it is apparent that Gold's exclusive motivation is financial. There is no evidence of any concern for the health and well-being of me, the member.

Original review: April 24, 2015

I signed up for a 6-month personal training contract. At the sixth month I cancelled the personal training sessions. I was no longer using them because of my schedule and was moving across town. 5 months later I received two statements from my bank that included several withdrawals from Gold’s Gym for personal training sessions. I notified my bank that my contract was cancelled and I was paid in full and after their investigation I was refunded my money. When I called Gold’s finance department to set the record straight they claimed I never cancelled and my recorded phone call to the department "erased after 90 days".

They then tried to send me to a collection agency with a debt of over two-thousand dollars. I have called the debt collection agency and explained the circumstances and they have closed out the request and re-submitted it back to Gold’s (fitness alliance) for dispute action. I am currently seeking a lawyer. Please contact me if you can provide ANY advice. Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2015

I joined in June of 2014. I had my 17.99 payment automatically withdrawn every 2 weeks. When I initially signed up, I was told 0 down. I then came in to officially join when another rep said, "The guy is telling everyone that and that promotion expired a month ago." I was upset but wanted to get healthy so I paid whatever I needed and signed the contract. Every 2 weeks I have been paying 17.99 up until April. I was charged 27.99 and was told my card was declined on the 3rd and 17th of April due to no funds. I looked at my bank statement and saw that I was charged every month until now on the 6th and 20th, which is what coincides with my income. This upset me as everyone is saying at the store there is no set date on billing, it just happens every 2 weeks. I find it strange all of my past payments were on the same day until now.

Ironically my membership contract is up in less that 2 months. I am done with this gym. I called to ask how I could cancel as I have read bad reviews about being charged after others have canceled. I was told this woman who answered the phone that I could cancel now but I will still be charged until June. I said that was fine if that's when my contract ends. I told her if I canceled on June 11th when my contract ended, how would that work? She had the nerve to say I would be charged 30 days AND 2 BILLING CYCLES after my contract ended and I cancelled because it takes that long to process.

Excuse me??? That has to be illegal. You can not legally charged someone for a service they are not using and not locked into anymore after your contract is up and you legally cancel your membership in time!!! If I did not ask, I would have been shocked like most people below about continued bills and charges after canceling membership. I WILL LOOK FOR A BETTER GYM. It's not all about the money. It's customer service, bad billing practices, and their "policy" that cheats consumers out of their money.

Original review: April 16, 2015

I was a member of gold's gym for one year. During that time, I purchased a package for personal training for $99. I didn't use the package due to health related problems. When I called to cancel my membership, I was told the last payment would come out on 3/31/15. On 4/15/15, I received a call from my bank stating that this account was overdrawn and it was Gold's Gym (this account was set up only for gold's Gym). The bank stated that they tried to take fees out on 4/6, 4/7, 4/13, 4/14. The bank charges $36 per transaction that was returned. The money wasn't in the account because I was told that the last payment was on the 31st of March. I called customer service and the women told me and I quote "That I should have read my paperwork from a year ago and it stated that I needed to give a 30 day notice. Any time after 3/31, I would be billed until my 30 days was up." I told her that was **.

When I called to cancel, that women told me no such thing. The lady responded by telling me it was noted that she told me that. I went back and forth with this lady and became very upset. I even told her to listen to the recording. I also asked her about refunding my $99 and she told me that expired on 12/31/14. I told her no one ever told me that and the guys at the gym knew me by name and always asked me when and if I was ready to do the one on one. She stated they should have told me that and they have no refund policy for services not taken. This company is a rip off. They will put your fees in early or not on schedule and make up excuses why. DO NOT BECOME A MEMBER.

Original review: April 20, 2015

I belonged to this gym for two years. The bathroom in the men's room never worked properly in that two years. There is always one urinal overflowing or broken. I recently lost my wallet and my credit card was canceled. At that time I let them know I wanted to quit my membership. They continue to call with a phone service 2 to 3 times Per day. I was told I had to give a 30 day notice with a certified letter. They refused to cancel and asked if I want to read my contract. I just wanted to quit, send an email, pay my balance and be done with the membership. However they want to squeeze another month out of me with a 30 day written certified letter. It's absurd. It's impossible to quit this gym. Now they are threatening me with collections. I would send in a certified letter and pay my balance with a credit card except I don't want them to have my credit card number anymore.

Original review: April 15, 2015

A Gold's Gym opened in my neighborhood and had a free trial membership for 30 days, said if I cancelled within 30 days, the contract would be voided. I cancelled after going twice within the trial 30 days. 13 years later, took me to court.

Original review: April 14, 2015

When my daughter and I signed up we were told it was a month to month and that we could cancel at anytime, WRONG. I called in to cancel due to my husbands hours cut and they told me I was in a year contract and I could not cancel. I would have to have a doctors note stating I was permanently unable to keep my membership. Well I finally got that sent in now. I have to wait to see if they approve it. Really, WHY do they get to approve if it is ok to keep or not to keep my membership. Now it is a long fight and they are still pulling money out of my account.

Original review: April 23, 2015

General Manager **, bad attitude for service, arrogant and unhelpful. I was trying to cancel my membership and he said I wasn't on the system. It was not my fault because two months ago we switch this account from daughter. Then he told me "you be her with you and your daughter." I explain him but he took an arrogant position and then he left.

Original review: April 8, 2015

I came to Gold's gym in Reston, VA to see if I should join. I talked to the ** General Manager at that time (March 10, 2015) and he told me that he can sign me up on a month to month membership. I said no, I am still looking around and also thinking of buying my own home gym. He then gave me 2 weeks free pass and took all my card information. He said I can try the gym for 2 weeks then let him know if I will join. He said if I don't call back, it is automatically understood that I don't want to sign up for the membership. He had me sign a touchpad and he said that is basically for me having access to the gym for 2 weeks.

I went to the gym a few days later asking for him to let him know that I bought a new home gym and will not need the membership. He was not there and I was told he was on vacation. They told me to call back in a few days. I called back again and he was still not there. I saw the charge on my card and tried calling them again and was told he was not in the store. I went to the gym today to find ** but was told that he is no longer with the company. I explained the situation to the new GM but he said there is nothing he can do. He told me to call the 1-800 number and I talked to the customer service representative. I was also turned down and the rep was very rude and says I signed for the 2 year contract. I don't know how this can be escalated but it seems that a lot of people have a problem with them and their service. Gold's Gym should be ashamed of how they are running their business (which is a huge SCAM)!

Original review: April 2, 2015

March 6th, 2015 I signed up for a personal trainer at Gold's! My boyfriend and I had already about a week before that - went in and signed up for a membership together! He was to pay $27.99 every two weeks and since I was coming in under him and they had a snow special that they were running I only had to pay $11.99 for my fee every two weeks!! I said, "Cool that works!" I signed up to get a call back about a free personal training consultation! Well I really liked the lady that I was meeting with, so when it came time to sit down with one of the managers or whatever he was to discuss me doing a three month training session, you know they do the slick talking about how much the trainer would be a benefit for me, I agreed to sign up!! So, going over the paperwork, they quoted me a price of $221.99 every two weeks which included two sessions a week for an hour and that included my membership fee!!

I'm real tight when it comes to money so I was no, too rich for my blood!! Ok so when the guy realized that I came in under a special my price changed from $221.99 to $121.99 which still included my 11.99 membership fee every two weeks!! I said, "Ok that's a little better. I could swing that!!!" So I went on ahead and paid the first week of my session which was $105! Ok so when I go for my second training session which was the following Friday March 13th I want to make a $30 payment towards my account, the girl tells me that I have to pay $105 and I say, "No no no I don't, I just signed up for PT on the last Friday, somebody put something in wrong!!" She looks up my account, another lady that was there when I signed up said she remember me being put on the special discount!

Said that when the guy that signed me up apparently gave me the wrong quote according to his boss and that the guy was suppose to call and straighten it out!! (Note: took him almost a week to call me about the mess up.) Anyway I went on ahead and paid $30 towards my account, the lady gave me my receipt, wrote on it saying that all I had to pay would be $75 plus my membership fee that was due on the 20th of March! During that following week, I finally received a call from the guy who messed up, he apologizes says he wants to fix it - wants me to continue my sessions. Goes on to say that I was going to two sessions a week for an hour on a one session a week fee! Said he would come out of his pocket for the next 2 months to pay for my other session and could still do the two session a week!!

However on Friday March 20th when my next draft was to come out instead of them taking the $75 plus $11.99 membership fee they took out the whole $221.99!!! I was mad as you know what!!! I get real defensive when it comes to someone jacking up my money! I call the gym - ask to speak with manager, of course he is gone for the day! Call that Saturday, of course he meeting with a client and if I leave my info he will call back!! Guess what.... no call back! I go up there after work around 1 pm... guess what again... he left for the day! I call the guy who screwed everything up, asked for GM number. Called him, no answer, leave msg!! Never calls back, I go up there the following Monday. I wait till he comes in talk to him, of course tries to get more to continue my PT! I kindly decline! He says he has to get clearance from the DM to cancel that service!!

That gets cleared, but wait what about my refund! DM want to give me my refund says that I'm still utilizing the service, I say "No I'm not!!" Keep calling every time - they are either on the phone, or meeting with a client!!! You don't get that much business in a day, trust me when I go there, I observe what they do, and they just walk around doing nothing!!! These jokers are ignoring my calls getting the front desk person to lie for them!! Customer service really sucks!!!

Original review: March 22, 2015

I have been a bonafide member of this gym for 10 years now (since 2005) in which I contributed 22 new members to this gym ever since I became one. Suffice it to say that I am one of the few remaining most well-known long time members of this gym. Back then, It was a gym I consider home and I highly recommended but not anymore starting from 5 years ago because everything turned from bad to worse when crooked morons gradually infested the key management and staff positions and replaced all the good old personnel. Starting from the front sales force up to the Managers. Since then, they have been consistent in giving this branch the ultimate bad reputation with utmost unprofessionalism, shady business practices and grave disregard for customer service. All they care about now is how will they victimize and milk every member, be it old and new, of their hard earned money.

I, myself, have been a victim of their utmost unprofessionalism and milking scheme. Being an old time loyal VIP member, I used to pay only $99 a year. But last year upon my renewal, I was shocked to discover that they messed up my membership and increased it to $299 WITHOUT any explanation except by saying "Everything is different now and It's a management decision". To think that I have friends in other Gold's gym branches who are still paying only $99/year for being a long time loyal VIP member. For me it’s not about the money but rather It's about professionalism and caring for loyal contributing members. I even have to go out of my way to go to Gold's Gym Hollywood to get a valid explanation and they have been professional in giving me time and help immediately in renewing my membership.

Needless to say, If you want to get a Gold's Gym membership in the area and deal only with professional, helpful and honest people then go to the Hollywood location instead. To those who are wondering why I still work out in this gym aside from other Gold's Gym branches, It's because I am a serious lifter who's focused and committed only to my workout and because of proximity reason. The gym itself is not bad but definitely something that cannot be recommended anymore. Most of all, I never get affected by any negative and worthless employees of Gold's Gym Downtown LA. They are garbage who doesn't deserved respect and would be better off treated as they don't exist in this world.

For those of you who are planning to get membership in this branch, I seriously suggest that you first read all the online reviews as all the negative reviews are valid and those that gave positive reviews are usually new and/or seasonal members who has yet to be exposed to the true colors of the current personnel of this branch with special mention to three key people namely: ** (The principal front sales force who thinks highly of himself when he is actually a "nobody"), ** (A manager who literally does nothing except making his own dumb gym rules and walking around to fist bump, hug and flirts with girls) and ** (A manager who's at his best in avoiding and hiding from members when they have concerns or request till nothing gets resolved in the end).

Make no mistake about it, they are all in cahoots to milk everything out of you underneath the friendly atmosphere facade that they will build upon you right from the beginning. Once you're already a member and they're done milking everything out of you then that's the end of it. By the time you have any concerns or request in the future, you will be very lucky to get hold of even just their interest and time for it, and they will just keep you hanging until you get tired of following it up, and it will never be resolved in the end. Discover for yourself, the shameful popularity of these three main people in all the online reviews. They certainly are the pioneers in giving this gym a very bad culture and reputation. Even former employees of this gym who left for another job would attest to this gym's bad culture and reputation. No wonder turnover ratio of employees working in this gym is at its highest these past years.

If you're in the sport of boxing, don't get excited by the boxing ring you will see in the gym because their dumb rule (which was recently enforced by **) is that you can only train by yourself in the ring unless you will pay a Gold's Gym trainer when in fact NO one among their trainers is a boxing instructor. A gym member other than their trainers can hold the mitts for you but that gym member cannot say any word or any instructions. Another dumb rule was "Unless you're working out with a gym member who's related to you then no one is allowed to help, give motivation nor push anyone to their limits in any way" because ** said It is the job only by their trainers in the gym.

All the other online reviews would give you more than enough idea on how horrible this particular gym is in various aspects. Better yet, I challenge you to just go visit this gym personally, CAREFULLY observe everything and see for yourself as you validate all the negative reviews that you have read.

Original review: March 12, 2015

I joined Gold's Gym to improve my health-- what a mistake that was. It was to say a very busy gym, well when I had my first chance to start going it was impossible to go in the night. I had to go, could not get on a machine if my life depended on it so I'M STUCK WITH A MEMBERSHIP I CAN'T USE and that's not their fault. So I paid month in month out till my 1 yr was up. I called like I was told to when I was going to cancel. I then closed my account with my bank and then I would be done. A few months later I get a letter in the mail for 2/3 months back dues so I can their hm office try to talk to them and got nowhere.

I was told I had to call to cancel. I told them I had done that and I'm not paying for something I was not using. Ok make a long story short, I get a bill from a collection agency. I called them, they say too bad this is what I owe. If I did not pay it was going to go against my credit. I get another bill, broke down. If I was to pay $16.00 a month with all the calls to their hm office they had to know I quit... Collection agency or gold's gym sent me a bill for $80.00 for the 3 months. This is the worse company I have ever dealt with in my life.

Original review: March 11, 2015

Do not waste your money on this gym and don't let them fool you into signing any contract. They won't let you cancel it! When I asked them to cancel my membership they made me fill a form and the person was supposed to call me back and explain how it will work. But no one called or returned my messages! And they kept charging me! As soon as I blocked my credit card they kept bugging me on the phone and emails saying I have to pay for the whole year regardless! They made me pay 80 bucks to cancel that contract!!! The person on the phone talked as if she is doing me some sort of favor and was so rude! I will never recommend this gym to anyone specially in my area - that there are many better gyms with better services and cheaper!

Original review: March 10, 2015

I signed my son up for a 12 month membership in Wilmington NC by a guy named ** who told me I could cancel his membership at any time with a month's notice. Oh yea, my son was 14 at the time. Well after 1 month the person who said he would take my son back and forth along with their son backed out...whatever. I tried to cancel my son's membership and was told I would have to pay more to cancel than the 20 dollars per month to keep it so I kept it. Now, 12 months later, I'm informed that I can't cancel over the phone. The girl on the phone said we could cancel on their website so we did. This is the worst predatory company I've ever dealt with and was also told I was on an auto-renewal which if I didn't find out and was charged would have put me past my breaking point. A class action lawsuit is needed here if there ever was one.

Original review: March 6, 2015

Gold's gym is a mother ** scam!!! I signed up for a 2-year contract and they charged me for 6 months after my contract ended and wouldn't refund my money even though I didn't go during that time. They said there is an auto-renew in the contract. Do not ever sign up for Gold's Gym!!! They are ** and don't care about you and will scam you out of your money. ** Gold's gym to ** hell!!!! ** you Gold's Gym - I hope all your stores go out of business and all your employees are burnt to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam!!!!!!!!!! I want my money back you **!

Original review: March 22, 2015

I joined Gold's Gym in 2010 and went regularly. Then I had the first of 4 surgeries on my back due to military injuries December 28, 2011. I've had to have 4 more resulting in the fusion of 19 vertebra in my back. Despite being notified at least 4 times over 3 years the collection notices and harassment has continued unabated until a summons arrived at my door yesterday. I am bedridden and can barely even get to a Golds Gym let alone use it. Under no condition EVER join Gold's Gym.

Gold's Gym Company Information