Fitworks

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I sent a certified cancellation on 9/23/2016. Called to make sure the membership was cancelled. Yes but "pending". What do you mean "pending"??? The customer service proceeded to take a very disrespectful tone about how other companies do the same thing... It's a 30 day cancellation notice, so you can keep coming until the next month. Well for all you know maybe I've already been going to another gym and not in need of coming in again, so I advised it was all about the money for Fitworks... so they could pull another payment even though I a customer way advise well in advance of cancelling the policy. She began talking over me and telling me it was for my benefit... I advised I understood but wanted to talk to a manager about her tone. Voice mail and another rep later... no more Fitworks.

Don't fall for their scam. Business ethics suck, actually they're non-existent. Personal fitness instructor doesn't bother to return your messages when trying to schedule for your sessions you pay extra for each month. It's a joke! Corporate lady I spoke with was snooty and most likely has a miserable life. The gym is small, scales don't work, funny smell, equipment is good. But so are other gym's equipment. Take my word for it. YOU DO NOT WANT A MEMBERSHIP with them. If you're still not sold, go ahead and sign up in a few months when they won't let you out of the contract and charge you for cancelling. Don't say I didn't tell you.

Almost impossible to cancel contract. They charge full price in advance but with no way out of contract even when consumer is not satisfied with their services. I tried to cancel four times but they kept taking money from my bank account. The contracts are only for one side (THEM), the consumer has no recourse to get satisfaction. It is about the money, not the consumer.

I signed up for personal training services in Q4 2011. The agreement was that $200 would be removed from my bank account each month in exchange for eight 30-minute sessions. In mid 2012, my husband received word that we would be moving from Cincinnati to Boston. I immediately spoke to one of the managers. He suggested that I complete cancellation paperwork in November based upon our move date, how many sessions I had banked, and how long the cancellation process would take to register in the system. I did as he suggested. When the payment came out in December, I was concerned, but assumed that maybe with the holidays, they needed a little more time.

Unfortunately, December's payment was just the start! I returned to FitWorks two more times to meet the manager face-to-face, re-sign the paperwork, and be reassured the money would be returned. Here we are in April, and it still hasn't been returned and they are still pulling money out. I finally had to speak with my bank, cancel the card FitWorks has on file, and start a dispute case. No personal training services are worth this aggravation. Oh, and by the way, if you were doing the math, they owe me $1,000!

I signed a contract with them, but the post-dated check was not cash for the enrollment fee. What they did was use my Debit Card in lieu of the check and took an unauthorized 76.33 from my account. I want to know, do I have a contract with them because the have taken me to court for non-payment? I tried to use the fitness club and finger did not work, and when they tried to log me in by typing that did not work either. So I assume the was not contract, but the above information, I just found out never thought to look up the information but I did attend all court session but without an attorney. Could not afford one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fitworks?

I signed up for 3 months of personal training in October 2009, costing $149/month. In December I requested a freeze due to neck and back problems caused by arthritis. Joe said he would put a freeze on my account for 3 months. It was only frozen for 1 month. Because there is automatic renewal, they then debited my account continually from January to April of this year $147/month even though I have had no training sessions since December '09. I called Affiliated Acceptance, the company that debits my card, and they said I had to cancel at the Fitworks location. I went to Fitworks and Joe was no longer there. So I had to start over again with Tye. He wrote a form letter which I signed to cancel my account. I called Affiliated Acceptance again and informed them I signed the form letter.

The service rep said I had to write a letter myself. So I also sent a certified letter to their office in Richmond, OH cancelling the account. However, because they had to receive the letter 30 days before they would cancel, they debited my account once again. Because of conflicting instructions, delays, and complete inconsideration of my circumstances, I am filing a complaint. I have read other very similar complaints on Ripoff Report online. Also, the personal training contract reads differently from the regular Fitworks membership contract. I believe members would have the reasonable expectation that the two Fitworks contracts would be the same. The consequences are economic damages of $435 plus aggravation and time.

In June 2007 I wanted to join the Fitworks health club and inquired about a discount for a cash payment for the yearly membership. I was told that I would get $180 back when the year was over (6/08). What was not made clear was that they would NOT issue cash reimbursement - only renew the membership for 6 months which was not what I wanted.

I presented the local Fitworks with the coupon for the $180 within 30 days of the expiration of the membership in June 2008 and was assured that a check would be processed by corporate. In August 2008, having not received any further communication from Fitworks, we inquired with the corporate office about the status of the refund and were advised that the membership had been extended. Since we were never informed of this we have not used the club since June 08 and have been expecting the cash that the manager promised.

Fitworks Company Profile