Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Body By Jake Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

It broke while using it, there is NO WAY TO CONTACT them. I have tried every which way to get them to fix or replace the part, but they are unreachable. They sell the product with a guarantee and back it with a person's word. Both are worth nothing. Don't go there. Find something somewhere else that can be serviced.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I was very very very disappointed with this apparatus. I envisioned myself getting a great workout at an inexpensive price. I found out that the old cliches still hold true, you get what you pay for. The bands snapped two months after me purchasing the (junk) machine. To add insult to injury, customer service was a recorded message that NEVER produced a human being. I guess that's how Jake became a millionaire from suckers like me.

Get expert buying tips about Exercise Equipment delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Tower 200 - I bought this a few years ago as a quick, easy way to get some exercise (as I got lazy sitting at a computer for so long), and it was working great for a while. My fitness level has improved a lot over the past few months, however I started to use it more and more for strength training (I guess you could call it). Unfortunately it seems the cords (bands) have uneven tension. I tested each band (orange capped ones), have 3kg tension difference at 1 meter pulled tension on the bands. The grey capped ones are 1.4kg difference at 1 meter pulled tension. The DVD with the kit always goes on about doing the same amount of reps etc with each side so each side of your body (arms and legs etc) get a unilateral & even workout, however with the bands being uneven tension I don't see how that is possible.

I didn't find they were uneven until I realised the strength and muscle definition was uneven on both sides, and quite honestly I'm disappointed in the quality of the product. I would suggest if you buy one of these you use the same band to workout on both sides, that way you will get an even workout. The reason for my review: I don't like buying dodgy products, nor do I like recommending them to others, and would rather warn people about products that are not of decent quality, to try and save people money and the aggravation finding out the hard way.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

My kid pulled the wrong strap and the strap connection separated. I can't find my manual on how to reconnect the strap and of course no customer service. I would like to use the gym but I can't get the strap to tighten. Help.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2014

I rarely use my Tower 200 but it was a gift from my wife a year or two ago. On occasion I use it to stay in some modicum of shape. I was attempting the military press just as shown on the workout guide and the red cord's plastic piece broke. The cord snapped and left a nice welt on my arm, it hurt pretty bad but I'll live. Being that the red cord is the greatest amount of resistance, this apparatus isn't much use to me if I can't use the full weight available. I'd love a replacement cord but can't seem to find a customer service email or telephone number. It's great to sell these products then make yourself unavailable should anything go wrong with them... I'd love for anyone out there that can help to get in contact with me through this site if possible. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Body By Jake?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2014

I bought the tower 200 summer of 2013. I didn't use hardly until November of 2013. First week in January 2014, the plastic pulley from the black band which is claimed to be 35lbs broke and hit my left calve as I was doing front leg raises. I did get hurt. I called the 888 # on the website. But it was always busy, always the same thing. I then emailed the email on the site but it said email not valid. I tried 7 times on different days but no luck. I bought this so I could use for some type of exercise as I am on dialysis. I just wanted exercise. Now the item is basically useless and I got nothing from their customer service info from their site.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I have been waiting for a new Cardiac Cruiser for over 3 months. Been told back order too many times. Now I call them back and the phone is a busy signal constantly for over 2 weeks now. I think it is going to be disconnected to a Not in Service number soon. Then how do we get our money back or get the product. I am really fed up with Cardiac Cruiser by Jake customer service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2011

I called to order the Tower 2000 because it connects to the door, which excited me because I looked into pull up bars but my frame is too ** to support them. After four minutes of gibberish, I still had questions for the operator but she told me that her line was for ordering and I needed to talk to customer service. She spit out the number, repeated it. I said "(her name), please help me," and she hung up.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2010

My husband ordered by an equipment. They had made tall claims and when we called for refund so as to return their product, we were told of 30 days guarantee that was never implemented. We were cheated and my husband felt the same. Now we got cheated by $100+ shipping and handling charges, and they don't care for customer if they get results or not, and waste time over phone and customer service is thumbs down. Either they ** or are evasive of the refund.

Original review: July 8, 2010

My ab-back equipment broke completely as I was going backwards. Apparently there is plastic inside the weights. I am hurt pretty bad as a result of the machine flipping entirely over.

Body By Jake Company Information