This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Zwift offers an app of the same name that combines fitness with gaming to create a fun, at-home exercise experience. The platform lets you access training plans, individual workouts and group workouts. To use Zwift, you need an exercise bike or a treadmill with a few other pieces of equipment to connect your machine to the app. If you already have the necessary equipment, you can test out Zwift with a seven-day trial.
Zwift is a virtual training app that connects to your exercise bike or treadmill to create a video game-style experience. Membership costs $14.99 per month as of publishing, but this does not include equipment.
- Fun, game-like exercise
- Many workout options
- Seven-day trial period
- Group workouts available
- Equipment not included
- Only works with cycling and running
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is Zwift?
Zwift is a training app that supports home exercise on smart bikes or treadmills. It combines structured workouts, exercise groups and smart equipment that simulates the experience of riding or running throughout various virtual environments. The Zwift app offers over 1,000 workouts, 10 “worlds” and more than 130 routes.
How does Zwift work?
Zwift operates a monthly subscription service that offers access to its unique fitness app. You can work out alone or with other members from around the world, and you can take part in races and even compete for a pro cycling contract.
The app mimics the immersive and competitive elements of video games, offering you digital achievements and virtual routes to keep your at-home exercise engaging. Virtual routes cross through 10 “worlds,” with futuristic cities, desert landscapes and other exciting simulations available.
You need a few things to get started with Zwift, depending on your exercise of choice:
- Runners need a treadmill and a footpod, smart shoe or treadmill sensor.
- Cyclists need an indoor exercise bike or a smart trainer.
Both types of athletes also need a device to run Zwift on.
Zwift is supported on various devices, including Apple TVs, iPads, iPhones, macOS computers, Windows computers and Android devices (currently in beta). Cyclists and runners may also benefit from additional accessories like fitness watches, speed sensors, fans and power meters.
How much does Zwift cost?
A Zwift subscription costs $14.99 per month, but you can pause or cancel it at any time. If you’d like to test the app out, try Zwift’s free seven-day trial, which gives PCs and Macs unlimited distance and other devices 15.5 miles (about 25 kilometers) within those first seven days.
Zwift also offers hardware to complement its workouts:
- Accessories, clothing and gear in the Zwift shop range from $9 to $249.99.
- Smart trainers cost between $99.99 and $1,400.
- Smart exercise bikes cost somewhere between $2,899 and $3,500.
Anything purchased in the shop can be returned within 30 days, though a return shipping fee applies to trainers and bikes.
- What do you need for Zwift?
- To use Zwift, you need:
- A monthly subscription
- An exercise bike, bicycle smart trainer, treadmill or cadence tracker
You can purchase some of this equipment from Zwift.
- Does Zwift work with personal trainers?
- Yes, Zwift offers structured training programs created by experienced coaches. Zwift also provides a virtual personal trainer that uses smart trainers or treadmill sensor attachments to measure your progress. Combining this with group rides or runs with people around the world, you can replicate the experience of using a personal trainer without the high cost.
- Do you have to pay a monthly fee for Zwift?
- Yes, a Zwift monthly membership costs $14.99. This membership auto-renews each month, but you can pause or cancel it at any time. If you do cancel, your progress is saved and your account can be reactivated.
- Can you just ride on Zwift?
- Yes, you can just ride with Zwift instead of using a structured workout. Your ride type will default to "Just Ride" until you select a workout by clicking the orange "Workout" button.
Is Zwift worth it?
Zwift is popular with cyclists and runners around the world due to its immersive experience, low monthly cost and ability to connect with the equipment of your choice. It’s particularly useful if you’re looking for structured workouts, group exercise and competitive opportunities while exercising at home. However, it may be expensive to get started if you don’t already have the necessary equipment. If you already own the equipment, though, you can test the app with its seven-day trial.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Zwift Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.