4.43/5

Yowza Fitness

YOWZA Fitness strives for the highest quality products and the best customer service. All products are designed right here in the United States and we are the only online seller of fitness equipment that is not affiliated with a retail partner. Because of this, we are able to keep our quality high and our prices low, while keeping our customer service and support a head above the rest.

777 Yowza Fitness Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Yowza Fitness has been a very reliable unit for my daily workout since Christmas 2014, and has the longest manufacturer warranty for a US made product. The Yowza facility is located in Florida and has been very responsive to all of my inquiries.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We are still under Warranty, had issues with foot pedal springs, had them fixed... NOW WE HAVE ISSUES AGAIN WITH SPRINGS... AND GUESS WHAT?

Freaking company is out of business and we can't get springs. We are still under parts and frame/motor warranty. Contacted BBB... They can do nothing. Contact a lawyer to pay them for what??? BS. So sick of companies screwing people.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The Captiva machine I purchased about two years ago is broken. I am the sole user of the equipment and have used it moderately. The springs on both pedals are broken and recently the left handle dislocated and turning loose by itself. I have tried reaching out Yowza for last four months on the phone number on their website, chat, and email. Had no luck with a response so far.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Just sent them the following message. Had tried calling and the message said phone was disconnected. I used the number off the website and also tried to connect through the chat line which said not available. Email I sent through their website bounced back as undeliverable. I am really frustrated with your company right now. Tried to reach by phone but apparently number is no longer in use and your chat line is not open (it is 9:30 EDT) and 7:30 here in Colorado. I purchased the Captiva 500 about 4 years ago (home use by one person) and yesterday the CSpring Fixed Block on the left foot pad (both springs) broke. They are both now in two pieces. My husband is a welder and he said "Wow, what a bad weld." At any rate I am now afraid the right side will also break so I need to replace all four springs. How do I get them? Really disappointed in the quality. After 4 years and use by only one person (over age 65) they should not be in such bad shape.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have had three repairs on my treadmill. Now I am asking for a completely new one because I feel that this treadmill is not usable, unreliable and unsafe. It is very hard to communicate with the customer service. They don't answer to my calls and email.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YOWZA Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Right from the onset, I loved this elliptical. But I had a problem with the fan on the control panel. I was sent two replacements but the same problem remained. The fan seemed to short out. A few months ago I was able to speak with someone in service and was told there was something wrong with the panel itself, it would be replaced. I called back to see what was going on and no more responses from Yowza. Machine is 3 years old.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've tried to contact Yowza for the past 4 months with no response. I've sent emails with no response and called their 1-877 without any luck as well. It rings once then a busy signal. My belt stopped working in less than two years of having it. It's still under warranty but I can't get anyone to respond in order to fix it. Do not buy Yowza. I made a huge error. Mr Ashley ** is the person who sold me the treadmill over the phone. Is there a lawyer out there willing to take in this use with Yowza? Also, can we not get them shut down for not complying with their agreement with the customers?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought a Yowza Captiva Elliptical two years ago. The springs on the pedal pad broke and I have called numerous times and sent numerous emails to Yowza in Ft. Myers, FL with no response. One time I was able to get a response on live chat and was told to call the main number. When I told the person I had, he suggested I email his boss Ashley. Still no response. Now when I call it rings once and then nothing. Very frustrating! I just want new springs so I can use my very expensive machine. Any suggestions on how to get replacement parts?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

In short, Yowza's customer service is horrible! They are worse than the cable companies if that was even possible. I have been trying to get a simple question answered from customer service for two and half months and still no answer. If you are considering buying a Yowza machine, think again because customer service is part of the product and Yowza's customer service is broken. Buyer beware - don't buy it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Our Osprey broke down for no apparent reason, and for two months I've been trying to call and email to schedule a warranty repair. No word from Yowza. Nada. Nothing. Radio silence. They are clearly hiding under a rock and hoping all these complaints go away. Who would run such a business? Is there no integrity here? Try calling their number -- 1-877-969-9240 -- and you will see what I mean. The phone doesn't even pick up. Seems they've literally pulled the plug. Maybe time to get the Attorney General of Florida involved.

YOWZA Fitness expert review by Mark Barroso

Yowza Fitness offers a variety of fitness equipment but is best known for its elliptical equipment, which is similar to most treadmills. It sells its equipment online and ships it to customers.​

• Sturdy design: Most users find Yowza’s machines to be sturdy and durable. This allows them to be used daily without causing much wear and tear to the equipment.

• Unusually high inclines: Some Yowza ellipticals have strides of 32 inches and inclines of up to 60 inches, both of which are much higher than most other machines.

• Unique grip design: Yowza offers a patented CardioCore handlebar on some of its machines, which is a rounded handlebar system that rotates left to right to recruit core and upper body muscles.

• Adjustable seated elliptical: The CardioCore Evo is a seated elliptical with the CardioCore rotating handles and a seat that electronically adjusts to target more of the lower/upper body.

• Lots of amenities: Most Yowza devices come with cup holders, MP3 player jacks and high-fidelity speakers to enhance the exercise experience. The top of the line elliptical model, Miami, includes built-in Bluetooth speakers and a wireless scale that syncs weight data to the machine to ensure you reach weight loss goals. The top of the line treadmill model allows for hands-free changing of the speed and stopping using sensors that detect your hand hovering over the handlebars.

• Easy-to-use console: Consoles feature large buttons and the ability to change programs with the touch of a button.

• Best for: Consumers who want to buy an elliptical or treadmill.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

Yowza Fitness Company Information