Yowza Fitness

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the fitness trainers told us about YOWZA. And since I'm not much into fitness, I went with whatever the fitness trainer recommended. I purchased a treadmill online and so far, I don't have any issues. Ordering it went well, and the online customer service even answered a few of my questions before my purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the warranty that YOWZA provides so I got a Miami Elliptical from them. Their selection also looked like it might meet my family's needs and what we wanted to accomplish. They answered all my questions especially the cost and financing options. They were very competent. I was really reasonably sold before I bought the product. It came in damaged but they were very responsive. They got the replacement parts already on the way. I was really pleased with the customer service and their responsiveness on the damage. My experience with YOWZA has been so far, so good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a nice experience with Yowza Fitness. There was nothing extreme in either way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I purchased my Yowza Miami elliptical machine, I called them as I felt more comfortable doing that and their reps were fantastic. They did a great job. I love my elliptical machine and it's a lot better than the treadmill.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read a lot of reviews and Yowza was like the best elliptical of 2015. I started looking specifically at Yowza last November and even after a month of setting aside the idea of getting an elliptical, I still went back to them. I went to their website and read all the specs on the machine itself. It seemed like it was really good quality for the price compared to some other ones I was looking at. I ordered the elliptical online from them and it was a very simple process. The equipment is very good and I really like it. So far, it's very quiet and I'm very happy with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YOWZA Fitness?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife did a lot of research on treadmills and came across some good reviews of YOWZA devices for the price range we wanted. Then we spoke to a "treadmill doctor" who told us about the company and how it was a well-established device that has been on the market even longer than it seems, and that he likes them. Even though he's in sales and their time needs to be well-guarded, he talked to us for 45 minutes before we made our purchase and he was very good to us. He answered all the questions beautifully and he helped us arrange the financing through the price range that we wanted.

The Sebring treadmill does all the things I want it to do, and we were impressed that the price range included a lifetime motor and frame warranty because a lot of the treadmills didn't have it. When the treadmill arrived, the package of the lubricant that came with it was damaged in transit and the lubricant was all over the inside. I've been waiting for the replacement, but we got an email about it a couple of days back.

I bought a Yowza Captiva four years ago because I liked the design, the great reviews, and I needed to get in shape (still do). I haven't used it that much, partially because it's required so much repair. First was an incredibly loud and annoying knocking noise that required a visit from a tech but was covered by the warranty. I also had to get a new control board, also under warranty. I've only used it 10 hours since then, and now the knocking noise is back. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd junk it and buy something else. But then again, if it just worked as it should, I think I could be happy with it. I was looking for a repair person near my zip code 92028 when I saw this site and decided to see if Yowza is paying attention and can help. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Yowza has an unusual mechanism in their product so I thought it was worth a try. I bought my elliptical machine over the phone around the beginning of November and the rep I spoke with was very good. The quality is good, too, but the packaging or shipping was not so good. There was some damage to the item when it came, but it didn't affect the function so I didn't worry about it. They need to step up their game a little on the packaging.

The pedal springs of Yowza Miami elliptical is broken and I have contacted the customer support. It's almost a month now, No Response. Send emails multiple times to the support and also to Ashley **, but no one to respond whatsoever. I am really disappointed with the customer service for my $3000 investment, otherwise Miami is a good and smooth elliptical. Unfortunately, I can't use that anymore due to poor customer service.

I recently bought a Yowza treadmill and the thing has not worked right since day one. Not long after I bought it it would just suddenly stop, which was very dangerous when you are running on it. Yowza sent a board, which I replaced and the problem continued. After several phone calls and emails they sent another board, which I again replaced and the problem continued. Next they sent a switch. Same story. They finally sent a tech out to replace more parts. He replaced them and the treadmill was stuck at a 12 incline. Currently the treadmill does not come on at all and is still stuck at a 12 incline.

I have emailed and called Yowza repeatedly and they simply do not respond. I now have a very expensive treadmill that has not worked at all in 5 months and the company could care less. It is very frustrating to say the least. I had my cheap Walmart treadmill for 15 years with no problem. They have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. No one returns a call or an email.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

YOWZA had a number one rating, so I ordered the Daytona treadmill over the phone just a few weeks ago. Shopping with them provided me with a good value and customer service was stellar. However, the plastic pieces are clam-shelled and then screwed together and could use some refinement as far as putting it together. This was a replacement for my other one that I had bought 10 years ago. It had just died, but putting that one together was so incredibly simple.

I live alone and I've to put this together myself. It was a little more challenging than I thought it should've been. There's a number of steps in there that an extra set of hands would've really helped. But the thing I'm really disappointed about is the LCD because it starts dimming dramatically when I'm standing on it. It's at an angle that it's very dim and I would've gladly paid more for a higher quality LCD display there. LCD and the ease of the put-together could have been better. But other than those two issues, the quality of the machine seems to be excellent and I have no complaints with how it operates. It was packaged and shipped well, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched online for Black Friday deals for an elliptical and stumbled upon YOWZA. I found their website and watched promotional videos on some of their exercise equipment. I looked at the promotions and none of the other retailers were really offering any discounts. Amazon is usually the cheapest online but YOWZA's price was actually lower than Amazon for a particular model of elliptical I was looking at. Also, YOWZA was offering a free FitBit, but if I didn’t want the FitBit I could get an additional discount of $100 off the promotion. So I went ahead and bought one without the FitBit to get a better deal.

Ordering online was fine and the only issue I had was when requesting information. There was an online person who was supposed to be there to help answer any questions and so I was submitting some questions, but I wasn’t getting any responses. I closed out a bit after about 10 minutes of no response and then refreshed the webpage and went back in then got a different person and they were able to answer my questions.

The box was over 300 pounds so I had to piecemeal it and bring it upstairs piece by piece. I work a lot of hours so I don’t really have a lot of time except for last weekend when my wife and I finally were able to put the elliptical together. The guy told me it will take about an hour to put it together but we took about three hours. It was fine though since I've expected that and a lot of times they'd say it only takes this long to put together but it’s always usually longer. We haven’t had a chance to use it yet but when I got on it there was some squeaking coming from one of the joints, so it may need an adjustment. I’m going to mess with it but as long as that squeaky noise goes away, I will probably be fine. The whole buying experience was easy and not complicated and the deal was a pretty good. I'd recommend them based on the buying experience but not on the quality just yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The way I bought the treadmill was by chatting a guy online; he was really helpful and did a good job. I chose Yowza Fitness for its price and Yowza. Plus, the website was great, and the unique selection was fine. So far, the quality of my treadmill is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the Captiva model and made the purchase in late November as a birthday present for my husband. Shopping with them provided me with a good value, but the delivery didn't. They contract out to a different delivery company, which I did not know at the time. I was promised to get front-door delivery but when this third company came over, he said that his insurance wouldn't let him bring it up the front steps which I had actually talked to the rep about before I made the purchase. So, we had to actually refuse delivery on the day that it came because the guy refused to bring it up the steps. And it happened to be raining that day. So, we're not going to go to our front lawn while it's raining.

We had to get back in touch with YOWZA, which was closed at the time. The guy came at 7:30 in the morning and we rescheduled. But then again, since they contract out to a third party delivery, we got our wires crossed and we got the days wrong. Nobody got in touch with me when they said they would. I had to do a little chasing of my own. It was supposed to come the next day and it wasn't ready then. So, I had to wait the whole weekend, and then it was supposed to come on Monday but they were running late.

I got the number of the delivery guy, spoke to him and we were able to resolve it. The package came yesterday and it was a mess. I wasn't home when the delivery came. I had already taken two mornings at work to be there and they didn't come. I couldn't take off a third. So my husband took off and he was home. He took pictures of the package because it was ripped apart but I don't think that the machine was damaged. He wanted to take pictures just in case when we put the things together there are pieces missing or damaged because the package was not in good shape when it got to our house. But I like that it has the pivoting arm and not the back-and-forth arm movement that the rest of them had so it works the abs that way, which is what I really wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Based on what I read on the reviews, YOWZA was the best equipment available. I purchased an elliptical online just at the end of last month. I was pleased at the time I made the purchase. However, the quality of the item is poor. I had it installed about two hours ago and there were scratches and a couple of dents on the equipment. I paid for assembly but it wasn't assembled properly. There were gaps all over in it and it's making some noise. I just had spoken to the tech support about an hour ago.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did my research on the best weight machines and ellipticals for larger people, and Yowza came up. It turned out to be one of the highest rated ones among people that purchased it. I made the purchase about two weeks ago. I couldn't do it online, though. When I applied for the credit and I was approved, the website wouldn't let me apply it. I ended up calling Yowza the next business day and their rep was very professional and very helpful. The equipment was set up yesterday and those who did it were quite efficient. They did a good job and my wife used it last night and she is very pleased with the machine. It looks pretty strong and heavy duty.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a treadmill from YOWZA about four months ago and their customer service rep was was great and very helpful. Though YOWZA is expensive, their products seem to be pretty well-made. I'm satisfied with the treadmill and recently purchased an elliptical from them, too.

Unfortunately the machine is a POC (piece of crap). Have mine for the last two years and a huge flaw is the springs in the foot pedals. They have broken constantly and have been changed a half dozen times. Totally unacceptable!! Was told the last time that it was a design flaw and they shipped two new pedal assemblies with an additional bumper guard so that there are now two - one in the front and one in the back of the pedals. Well guess what... the damn springs broke AGAIN!! Wife factor is she is totally pissed off almost as much as me!! To have spent as much for this machine as I did and for the headaches I have had is unreal! I actually thought about taking it out back and using it for target practice. I am so pissed!!

Update: talked with John from customer service yesterday about the recurring spring problems I've been having for the last two years. I was told that I need to keep my foot in the center of the pedals and not push down or back with my feet which causes undue stress on the springs!! Are you frigging kidding me? Do they tell all their new customers this before they purchase? If they did they would not have any sales. I guarantee you that!! For sure had they told me I would have looked elsewhere for the Miami Elliptical!! Lastly I was assured that Ashley the Service Manager would call me yesterday but of course he didn't!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a treadmill and went into a big-box store. The salesman told us that all the treadmills on his store were piece of crap, and he talked us out to buying one. So I went online, did some research and came across some ratings for treadmills, and YOWZA was at the top. We ordered the treadmill on Black Friday. I had intended to order it online, and one of those little boxes popped up that I could get additional discounts if I did x, y, and z. In this case, I didn’t want the Fitbit that was included. But I couldn’t get that discount if I checked out online. I couldn’t find out how to do that, so I ended up calling to get that discount. I had a very good experience with their customer service. I like the quality of the treadmill, and would recommend YOWZA.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking at ellipticals and saw YOWZA mentioned in some reviews. I did an online purchase which was easy but the only complaint I have was after going back and forth between the models that I wanted and buying the less expensive model, I found out two days later that the one I really wanted was the same price because of an internet promotion that they were doing. I was bummed about that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Yowza's treadmill was visually more attractive than most machines and it was right at the limit of the size that I could utilize in my bedroom. Also, I like the name. I’m one of the few people still living that remembers Yowza. In my day, there was a very popular band leader who would say, “Yowza, yowza, yowza” every time he would play. I’m in my 90s and I grew up listening to it which put me into the category of a potential buyer. Then, there are important things such as how good the equipment is and the warranty. I went out to see half a dozen of fitness retailers in this area and could have purchased locally for a lot less money, but I decided to go with Yowza. They have three different delivery setups. It was a little confusing for me, but I finally went with one that costs an additional $199, and they were prompt, efficient and more than anything, according to my wife, they were neat.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son has a YOWZA Fitness product so months ago, I decided to buy the Boca treadmill myself. They have a wide variety of selections when I ordered online. The treadmill was delivered like they said, however it was very difficult to assemble. In installing the upright bars, I ultimately had to get my drill out. I had a situation where four holes have to line up perfectly to get the bolt through and that just wouldn't work. So I had to drill out two of them in order for the bolt to slide through and match up with the threads on the other side. There may still be a problem with the electrical plug as well since when I plug it in, I have to jiggle and prop it up to have it make connection. I don't know whether that's gonna be something permanent or not.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked what I read online about YOWZA. I didn't want anything really crazy so I got a treadmill from them. The girl who helped me on the phone was very good and absolutely wonderful. Everything was great. Good quality items. No complaints. I am very happy with my experience all the way from top to bottom. I would definitely recommend YOWZA to friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased The Lido online from YOWZA Fitness about a month ago and they upgraded me to free inside delivery. I like its features plus it was completely assembled out of the box. However, it’s a simple treadmill but I believe it’s way overpriced for what I got. It’s definitely not worth $900. It would probably be a very good purchase if it was half of what I paid for. I also had somebody come over and actually get it out of the box and get it set up even though it was already assembled. I’ve got two torn rotator cuffs, so I couldn’t lift the damn thing.

They gave me a little cheesy digital scale to go along with it and nothing else. There’s no adjustment to the height and I've got boards sticking under the rear end to lift it up to make it as even as possible. It doesn’t even keep decent track of the mileage. I can walk for 15 minutes and it says I've gone one-tenth of a mile. When I walk outside for 15 minutes, I do almost a full mile. The only reason I got it was because I’m somewhat disabled and it’s getting too cold to walk outside.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
I was looking for a specific treadmill online and I liked the reviews given to Yowza. They had good customer service reviews, and the price was right.

They also have a good selection of products. I purchased online and chatted with the YOWZA people and I felt good about them. I got like a transformer treadmill, and it’s a short one for walking mostly because I’m 62 and I didn’t want something huge.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a treadmill over the phone at Yowza and the sales rep I spoke with was great. The guys that delivered it to me were very nice, well-behaved and acted like gentlemen. I hadn't used the equipment yet but I suppose the quality is okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Yowza had good ratings by both the exercise magazines and people who sent in their own reader's reports online. I bought an elliptical from them and it's been very easy to use and comfortable. I'm pleased with it. Their offering of unique selections was a very pleasant experience. I also used their live chat and it was informative. They delivered what they promised when they promised it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

YOWZA had better reviews on their customer service and apparently, their warranty is better than most of the companies. I made the purchase of my treadmill about four weeks now, I still don't have my equipment though. When I ordered the treadmill, the website said that it shipped, then the service person called a couple of days after to schedule the delivery, and it was supposed to be at my convenience. So the person that received the merchandise sat on it for a while, and when they finally called, they said that they scheduled a delivery for the following week but they couldn't tell me what time right now, that somebody would call me to schedule the time. I said, "Well, okay. I work. I can't just go to the house for the delivery." And they said, "We'll see if there's something we can do."

So I had no choice. I waited for a call, the window was 11:00 to 3:00 on Monday and I told them I can't do that. The entire day, I have to work. There's some jargon saying that they needed to get approval to deliver my equipment during a specific time window. So that's when I contacted Jason, and he said, "Don't worry about it. I'll get it straightened out," and apparently contacted them on Friday about it. They're supposed to be calling me shortly at some point either today or tomorrow to schedule the delivery time. I don't think that the hiccup in the delivery was YOWZA's fault, it's on the delivery company's end. YOWZA has been really willing to work with me to resolve the problem, so my experience has been positive so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband was doing a comparison of different ellipticals and reviews online. Yowza had better reviews and more people like it. He ordered one and he seems happy with it. So far, the quality has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was just searching online and YOWZA Fitness looked pretty good to me. They had the highest ratings from customers, had that ab workout handle things on it, and was a good deal so we chose them over others. I ordered the Islamorada Elliptical Machine during the weekend of Halloween online, and the shopping experience was good but I haven't received the product yet. They were supposed to call me within 48 hours of it arriving at their warehouse - that was the 10th and today's 14th. Of course there's a holiday in the weekend which means I'm giving an air too. Nevertheless I've already sent an email concerning this this morning.

Yowza Fitness Company Profile