4.43/5
Based on 776 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Yowza Fitness

YOWZA Fitness strives for the highest quality products and the best customer service. All products are designed right here in the United States and we are the only online seller of fitness equipment that is not affiliated with a retail partner. Because of this, we are able to keep our quality high and our prices low, while keeping our customer service and support a head above the rest.

776 Yowza Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018 We are still under Warranty, had issues with foot pedal springs, had them fixed... NOW WE HAVE ISSUES AGAIN WITH SPRINGS... AND GUESS WHAT?

Freaking company is out of business and we can't get springs. We are still under parts and frame/motor warranty. Contacted BBB... They can do nothing. Contact a lawyer to pay them for what??? BS. So sick of companies screwing people.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The Captiva machine I purchased about two years ago is broken. I am the sole user of the equipment and have used it moderately. The springs on both pedals are broken and recently the left handle dislocated and turning loose by itself. I have tried reaching out Yowza for last four months on the phone number on their website, chat, and email. Had no luck with a response so far.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Just sent them the following message. Had tried calling and the message said phone was disconnected. I used the number off the website and also tried to connect through the chat line which said not available. Email I sent through their website bounced back as undeliverable. I am really frustrated with your company right now. Tried to reach by phone but apparently number is no longer in use and your chat line is not open (it is 9:30 EDT) and 7:30 here in Colorado. I purchased the Captiva 500 about 4 years ago (home use by one person) and yesterday the CSpring Fixed Block on the left foot pad (both springs) broke. They are both now in two pieces. My husband is a welder and he said "Wow, what a bad weld." At any rate I am now afraid the right side will also break so I need to replace all four springs. How do I get them? Really disappointed in the quality. After 4 years and use by only one person (over age 65) they should not be in such bad shape.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have had three repairs on my treadmill. Now I am asking for a completely new one because I feel that this treadmill is not usable, unreliable and unsafe. It is very hard to communicate with the customer service. They don't answer to my calls and email.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Right from the onset, I loved this elliptical. But I had a problem with the fan on the control panel. I was sent two replacements but the same problem remained. The fan seemed to short out. A few months ago I was able to speak with someone in service and was told there was something wrong with the panel itself, it would be replaced. I called back to see what was going on and no more responses from Yowza. Machine is 3 years old.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YOWZA Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've tried to contact Yowza for the past 4 months with no response. I've sent emails with no response and called their 1-877 without any luck as well. It rings once then a busy signal. My belt stopped working in less than two years of having it. It's still under warranty but I can't get anyone to respond in order to fix it. Do not buy Yowza. I made a huge error. Mr Ashley ** is the person who sold me the treadmill over the phone. Is there a lawyer out there willing to take in this use with Yowza? Also, can we not get them shut down for not complying with their agreement with the customers?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I bought a Yowza Captiva Elliptical two years ago. The springs on the pedal pad broke and I have called numerous times and sent numerous emails to Yowza in Ft. Myers, FL with no response. One time I was able to get a response on live chat and was told to call the main number. When I told the person I had, he suggested I email his boss Ashley. Still no response. Now when I call it rings once and then nothing. Very frustrating! I just want new springs so I can use my very expensive machine. Any suggestions on how to get replacement parts?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

In short, Yowza's customer service is horrible! They are worse than the cable companies if that was even possible. I have been trying to get a simple question answered from customer service for two and half months and still no answer. If you are considering buying a Yowza machine, think again because customer service is part of the product and Yowza's customer service is broken. Buyer beware - don't buy it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Our Osprey broke down for no apparent reason, and for two months I've been trying to call and email to schedule a warranty repair. No word from Yowza. Nada. Nothing. Radio silence. They are clearly hiding under a rock and hoping all these complaints go away. Who would run such a business? Is there no integrity here? Try calling their number -- 1-877-969-9240 -- and you will see what I mean. The phone doesn't even pick up. Seems they've literally pulled the plug. Maybe time to get the Attorney General of Florida involved.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Update from January 2016 post! We are still waiting for Yowza to fix our Elliptical that was broke upon delivery. It has been now over a year and a half and we have NEVER been able to use it. Initially it was the foot pedal hitting the support walls and within a few weeks the motherboard went out. Yowza has had numerous excuses as to why it has not been handled. They sent the wrong replacement motherboard after 7 months, then became MIA when trying to get the correct one.

Finally after a year Joe or John claimed they do not make that motherboard anymore, however they were going to pull one out of another Jupiter - that never happened. Recently, we spoke with a service rep again who claimed they are making a universal motherboard. He took our info via chat as you can no longer call the service phone number, and then ended the conversation with no exact game plan. We contacted them a week later via text again and they did not respond, but sent an email with a part order on it. No clue how this is going to work as clearly I am not familiar with their equip and how to install.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I have owned the Sanibel i35 Elliptical for 4 years and when it works it is great but has broken down 4 times. At first support would respond and send a part the usually fixed the problem. My machine has broken again and they are not responding to phone calls or emails for 3 months. Do not buy from this company. They do not support their equipment.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I have visited Yowza's office last weekend and was helped by the COO Ashley. He gave me a tour of their operations and also spent a good couple of hours with me allowing me to test several units and thoroughly explaining how each one was different from the next. I ultimately decided to purchase a Naples model and could not be happier with the experience as a whole. From the value I got with my elliptical to the personal interactions I received. I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in buying fitness equipment to consider Yowza.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Bluetooth on my newly purchased Boca didn't work since I first received in Feb 2017. I made a few calls and emails to technical support and left purchase information. After 5 months of diligence, I have not yet received a phone call or email to initiate support. As I decided the purchase based on what I heard about their support, this was a big disappointment. I am left with no means to escalate my problem. No one answers their support line or email. I wonder if Yowza really honor their warranty even!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I had a problem with the machine right out of the box and had to reach out to their "customer service" dept. several times before I received any follow up. First part they sent did not fix the problem and was very difficult to install on my own. Second part fixed the problem and even more difficult to install. Most "non-handy" customers would not be able to replace the defective part on their own. I called for assistance and never received a return call or email. I went to their website to provide a review, which did get verified, but I see they never show it since it was not a 4 or 5 star rating. They only show 4 or 5 star ratings which is misleading. Machine works fine, although one program that tracks calories is definitely inaccurate. Four stars on the machine now that it works and 1 for customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have had a Yowza Captiva Elliptical for just over 2 years. I use it every day for an hour. When I purchased it for around 2000 dollars I talked with the sales person and asked if it really was durable. He stated it was a commercial grade elliptical and yes it would work with no issues and could handle my hour a day 6 to 7 days a week. I have had to replace the springs in the pedals 6 times already in 2 years as they keep breaking. I am not a large person 5'9 170 lbs so it doesn't have anything to do with weight. Now the machine is out of full warranty and I cannot even get someone on the phone in the service department. I have left several messages never returned and send in several emails. The machine has been down with bad springs for over 2 months and all I am being told when I do get someone on the phone is that they are on back order. This is a horrible company and horrible product, do not buy anything from them.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I bought an elliptical from this company and after about a year had a small problem with a broken spring under one of the foot pads. After calling, and emailing customer service and getting no response, I posted a bad review and somehow the company heard about it and contacted me via email. I told them what the problem was and even told them that all they need to do was to ship me the part and I would take responsibility for repairing the machine myself as it is not a difficult fix. About a month has gone by and no reply and no part. Worst customer service in the business. Not to mention, the elliptical I bought cost me more than my first new car.

Original review: March 14, 2017

We bought a elliptical machine in January of 2016. Received it in March 2016. We assembled it ourselves and was no problem. Right off the foot arm was very loose. Had tech come out to confirm so had to order new one and replace. Was still able to use while waiting for new part although it was loose. After that was replaced bolt in the wheel started coming loose and hitting on the sides... this part was preassembled. Then the fan on the control panel started smoking. Stopped working. Needed to replace that.

All this happened in the first couple of months. Now as of February 2017 my machine has been down. Had a tech come out which has only worked on 1 machine before and had no clue what was wrong. He was guessing on a part he supposedly put order in for. The problem now is getting an answer out of anyone in customer service. I have talked to customer service twice. I was suppose to get an answer... but that has not happened yet. So now I am without my machine with no response or answers. Terrible customer service. Very disappointed!!!???

Original review: March 5, 2017

I was on the internet researching for various types of elliptical equipment and I found good reviews of Yowza's equipment. After I discovered they existed, I wanted to learn more about them so I did quite a bit of research. I called the company a lot of times and talked to some of the people down there and I had lots of questions. They seemed pretty responsive. I was able to get some of my questions answered and I like their warranty. It seemed to be the best I could find and that was important. Also, I like the design of their equipment and I read reviews of their various customers several hours one day or as many as I could find.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was looking on the internet for a good compact treadmill and I saw YOWZA. I've bought two within a week and sent one to my aunt. I love the treadmill because it's quiet. Also, their guaranteed warranty is great.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I bought the Miami Elliptical a little more than two years ago via Amazon. I like the machine. I use it 3-4 months a year while the weather is bad. But in 6-8 months of use, the foot pedal springs have broken twice. That is not an issue for me if the warranty is honored and the customer service is good. The first time the springs broke I had no problem getting them replaced promptly and for free, of course.

This year, however, the springs broke again and my experience with Yowza has been bad. After the springs broke at the end of January I called and the order for replacement was put in Jan. 30th. I never received a shipment notification. Every week I call for an update. Every week the service rep gives the same answer saying, "It should be in the next week." He has said this for three weeks now. Today he hung up on me after saying the same promise without further explanation or assurances. How can I trust my service rep? The machine is currently unusable since January. What kind of business does not have accurate information on when their orders and procurement process? This is a very bad sign in my opinion.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I was looking originally at NordicTrack but I liked YOWZA better. It seemed to be more heavy-duty and I like the suspension on it. YOWZA has really good quality and seems to be made well. It's quiet and I enjoy it. But the thing where you put your hands to grab the sensor seems too low for me. I'm six foot, and my wife is five foot three and she even thinks it's low. I can't stand up and hold them, and have to bend over and I don't want to walk bent over. The way I have walk now is just with my fingers touching them just to steady myself. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with it.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I found YOWZA through the internet and bought the YOWZA Lido treadmill. So far, it's great, and I love the portability of it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

The first six months of ownership of my Jupiter Pilot elliptical were trouble free and enjoyable. Then the nightmare began. It started making a loud noise, and after contacting Yowza, they had an unqualified technician attempt to repair it. He ended up creating other problems. He returned another time, yet could not fix the problem. After contacting Ashley **, there were promises that the machine could be fixed and that they would TRY. They have done nothing to fix the problem. They don't return phone calls or emails. This process began in December, and now, the beginning of March, no results from Yowza. I am left with a rather expensive piece of scrap metal.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I did some research online a month ago, cause I was looking for an elliptical, and I like what I got from YOWZA very much. However, it has a little less features as far as setting up my personalized programs. Also, I don't think I'm using it to its fullest because the explanation manual is very brief, and I'm still playing to try to figure out what it will and will not do. On the other hand, my concern mainly is what happens when something goes wrong, which hasn't happened yet. I've had tremendous difficulty, for instance, with the TreadClimber. So I was concerned about using a Bowflex product when I wanted to move to an elliptical because I couldn't get appropriate responses and the information online for YOWZA was very positive about that and I haven't had a problem yet.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I was looking for a treadmill that would be very compact because I live in an RV. It's also very important to me that it's quiet because I like to watch a TV program while I’m on the treadmill, and many of them are so loud. So I searched online for ’most quiet’ and ’most compact’, and Yowza came up. But I thought I’ll just search for it on Craigslist and buy it from someone. So I searched on Craigslist, and the lady said she wanted $500. I said I’ll give her $400. She said, “No. $450.” I said I'll think about it. I went online and I saw that Yowza have it on sale and they have the warranty. And there would be no warranty if I bought it from the lady on Craigslist, so I decided it was a better idea to go through Yowza. So, I bought it online and I did end up chatting because they were offering it for $699 for a limited time and I wanted to know how long. I also asked if the warranty will transfer to a third party. And the rep said no.

And then, I also asked if they were offering a Fitbit. I didn’t really necessarily want the Fitbit but the rep said we can get it a little bit cheaper with that. The only confusing part was they told me I was gonna get a reduction but the purchase online didn't show that immediately. But they did email the receipt to me and the reduction did show on it.

I got a good value but I would also love to pay less price. But this is the third treadmill that I bought and I don’t consider it over-priced compared to anything else I’ve seen. The only negative thing about it is it’s a little bit heavy to put away. Although, I can do it. But my husband gets nervous and ends up doing it for me most of the time. But Yowza's a good product and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I ordered online, and the quality of my purchase was good. We like our experience with Yowza Fitness.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

We got on the internet looking around, and typed in elliptical machines and YOWZA came up. We watched the video on it and it was good, so we gave it a shot. We've been using the elliptical for a couple of weeks now and it's durable, which was what we were looking for. So far, it's done more than what we bartered for. I'd recommend it to anybody compared to what we've had in the past.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

If I could give this 0 stars that would be generous. After 2 months of using this treadmill is started making a high pitch noise, making running/walking on the treadmill impossible. After a tech came out, who applied grease to a bolt and stated he had no clue how to fix, the noise continued and got worse. Yowza then took 3 weeks to order a bolt, with John the service tech assuring me that was the fix. He asked me to fix it myself rather than sending a tech which I did. The noise is still the same and they sent another tech who could not fix it either.

Yowza once again never ordered the parts and now 3 months later the treadmill is still not fixed. Both John's at Yowza have said I should just use it and not worry about the noise. The service tech has said it is faulty parts and craftsmanship. I have not been able to use this for more than 4 months with no resolution, parts or service. BUYER BEWARE!!! This is a sub-par quality machine with even worse service. That is why you see huge discounts, price up to promote down so customers think it is a good deal. DO NOT BUY FROM YOWZA!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I'm really happy with my experience with Yowza. The only thing is I can't follow the directions on how to work the computer parts. They seem kind of generic. Both my wife and I were following the directions step by step, but when I start to try the program, I can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. So all I do is use the weight system and then override that to how I want to use it. But overall, we're really pleased. The product is what they said it was going to be.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I've had a nice experience with Yowza Fitness. There was nothing extreme in either way.

YOWZA Fitness expert review by Mark Barroso

Yowza Fitness offers a variety of fitness equipment but is best known for its elliptical equipment, which is similar to most treadmills. It sells its equipment online and ships it to customers.​

• Sturdy design: Most users find Yowza’s machines to be sturdy and durable. This allows them to be used daily without causing much wear and tear to the equipment.

• Unusually high inclines: Some Yowza ellipticals have strides of 32 inches and inclines of up to 60 inches, both of which are much higher than most other machines.

• Unique grip design: Yowza offers a patented CardioCore handlebar on some of its machines, which is a rounded handlebar system that rotates left to right to recruit core and upper body muscles.

• Adjustable seated elliptical: The CardioCore Evo is a seated elliptical with the CardioCore rotating handles and a seat that electronically adjusts to target more of the lower/upper body.

• Lots of amenities: Most Yowza devices come with cup holders, MP3 player jacks and high-fidelity speakers to enhance the exercise experience. The top of the line elliptical model, Miami, includes built-in Bluetooth speakers and a wireless scale that syncs weight data to the machine to ensure you reach weight loss goals. The top of the line treadmill model allows for hands-free changing of the speed and stopping using sensors that detect your hand hovering over the handlebars.

• Easy-to-use console: Consoles feature large buttons and the ability to change programs with the touch of a button.

• Best for: Consumers who want to buy an elliptical or treadmill.

Profile picture of Mark Barroso
Mark Barroso

Health and Fitness Contributing Editor

Mark Barroso is an editor, writer and researcher who has been featured in various print and online publications including Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, FLEX, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder. A fitness enthusiast who practices what he preaches, Barroso enjoys researching and testing the latest fitness trends including classes and products.

Yowza Fitness Company Information

Fax:
239-333-1889
www.yowzafitness.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business