Yowza Fitness

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the fitness trainers told us about YOWZA. And since I'm not much into fitness, I went with whatever the fitness trainer recommended. I purchased a treadmill online and so far, I don't have any issues. Ordering it went well, and the online customer service even answered a few of my questions before my purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the warranty that YOWZA provides so I got a Miami Elliptical from them. Their selection also looked like it might meet my family's needs and what we wanted to accomplish. They answered all my questions especially the cost and financing options. They were very competent. I was really reasonably sold before I bought the product. It came in damaged but they were very responsive. They got the replacement parts already on the way. I was really pleased with the customer service and their responsiveness on the damage. My experience with YOWZA has been so far, so good.

We bought a elliptical machine in January of 2016. Received it in March 2016. We assembled it ourselves and was no problem. Right off the foot arm was very loose. Had tech come out to confirm so had to order new one and replace. Was still able to use while waiting for new part although it was loose. After that was replaced bolt in the wheel started coming loose and hitting on the sides... this part was preassembled. Then the fan on the control panel started smoking. Stopped working. Needed to replace that.

All this happened in the first couple of months. Now as of February 2017 my machine has been down. Had a tech come out which has only worked on 1 machine before and had no clue what was wrong. He was guessing on a part he supposedly put order in for. The problem now is getting an answer out of anyone in customer service. I have talked to customer service twice. I was suppose to get an answer... but that has not happened yet. So now I am without my machine with no response or answers. Terrible customer service. Very disappointed!!!???

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was on the internet researching for various types of elliptical equipment and I found good reviews of Yowza's equipment. After I discovered they existed, I wanted to learn more about them so I did quite a bit of research. I called the company a lot of times and talked to some of the people down there and I had lots of questions. They seemed pretty responsive. I was able to get some of my questions answered and I like their warranty. It seemed to be the best I could find and that was important. Also, I like the design of their equipment and I read reviews of their various customers several hours one day or as many as I could find.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking on the internet for a good compact treadmill and I saw YOWZA. I've bought two within a week and sent one to my aunt. I love the treadmill because it's quiet. Also, their guaranteed warranty is great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YOWZA Fitness?

I bought the Miami Elliptical a little more than two years ago via Amazon. I like the machine. I use it 3-4 months a year while the weather is bad. But in 6-8 months of use, the foot pedal springs have broken twice. That is not an issue for me if the warranty is honored and the customer service is good. The first time the springs broke I had no problem getting them replaced promptly and for free, of course.

This year, however, the springs broke again and my experience with Yowza has been bad. After the springs broke at the end of January I called and the order for replacement was put in Jan. 30th. I never received a shipment notification. Every week I call for an update. Every week the service rep gives the same answer saying, "It should be in the next week." He has said this for three weeks now. Today he hung up on me after saying the same promise without further explanation or assurances. How can I trust my service rep? The machine is currently unusable since January. What kind of business does not have accurate information on when their orders and procurement process? This is a very bad sign in my opinion.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking originally at NordicTrack but I liked YOWZA better. It seemed to be more heavy-duty and I like the suspension on it. YOWZA has really good quality and seems to be made well. It's quiet and I enjoy it. But the thing where you put your hands to grab the sensor seems too low for me. I'm six foot, and my wife is five foot three and she even thinks it's low. I can't stand up and hold them, and have to bend over and I don't want to walk bent over. The way I have walk now is just with my fingers touching them just to steady myself. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found YOWZA through the internet and bought the YOWZA Lido treadmill. So far, it's great, and I love the portability of it.

The first six months of ownership of my Jupiter Pilot elliptical were trouble free and enjoyable. Then the nightmare began. It started making a loud noise, and after contacting Yowza, they had an unqualified technician attempt to repair it. He ended up creating other problems. He returned another time, yet could not fix the problem. After contacting Ashley **, there were promises that the machine could be fixed and that they would TRY. They have done nothing to fix the problem. They don't return phone calls or emails. This process began in December, and now, the beginning of March, no results from Yowza. I am left with a rather expensive piece of scrap metal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some research online a month ago, cause I was looking for an elliptical, and I like what I got from YOWZA very much. However, it has a little less features as far as setting up my personalized programs. Also, I don't think I'm using it to its fullest because the explanation manual is very brief, and I'm still playing to try to figure out what it will and will not do. On the other hand, my concern mainly is what happens when something goes wrong, which hasn't happened yet. I've had tremendous difficulty, for instance, with the TreadClimber. So I was concerned about using a Bowflex product when I wanted to move to an elliptical because I couldn't get appropriate responses and the information online for YOWZA was very positive about that and I haven't had a problem yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a treadmill that would be very compact because I live in an RV. It's also very important to me that it's quiet because I like to watch a TV program while I’m on the treadmill, and many of them are so loud. So I searched online for ’most quiet’ and ’most compact’, and Yowza came up. But I thought I’ll just search for it on Craigslist and buy it from someone. So I searched on Craigslist, and the lady said she wanted $500. I said I’ll give her $400. She said, “No. $450.” I said I'll think about it. I went online and I saw that Yowza have it on sale and they have the warranty. And there would be no warranty if I bought it from the lady on Craigslist, so I decided it was a better idea to go through Yowza. So, I bought it online and I did end up chatting because they were offering it for $699 for a limited time and I wanted to know how long. I also asked if the warranty will transfer to a third party. And the rep said no.

And then, I also asked if they were offering a Fitbit. I didn’t really necessarily want the Fitbit but the rep said we can get it a little bit cheaper with that. The only confusing part was they told me I was gonna get a reduction but the purchase online didn't show that immediately. But they did email the receipt to me and the reduction did show on it.

I got a good value but I would also love to pay less price. But this is the third treadmill that I bought and I don’t consider it over-priced compared to anything else I’ve seen. The only negative thing about it is it’s a little bit heavy to put away. Although, I can do it. But my husband gets nervous and ends up doing it for me most of the time. But Yowza's a good product and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered online, and the quality of my purchase was good. We like our experience with Yowza Fitness.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got on the internet looking around, and typed in elliptical machines and YOWZA came up. We watched the video on it and it was good, so we gave it a shot. We've been using the elliptical for a couple of weeks now and it's durable, which was what we were looking for. So far, it's done more than what we bartered for. I'd recommend it to anybody compared to what we've had in the past.

If I could give this 0 stars that would be generous. After 2 months of using this treadmill is started making a high pitch noise, making running/walking on the treadmill impossible. After a tech came out, who applied grease to a bolt and stated he had no clue how to fix, the noise continued and got worse. Yowza then took 3 weeks to order a bolt, with John the service tech assuring me that was the fix. He asked me to fix it myself rather than sending a tech which I did. The noise is still the same and they sent another tech who could not fix it either.

Yowza once again never ordered the parts and now 3 months later the treadmill is still not fixed. Both John's at Yowza have said I should just use it and not worry about the noise. The service tech has said it is faulty parts and craftsmanship. I have not been able to use this for more than 4 months with no resolution, parts or service. BUYER BEWARE!!! This is a sub-par quality machine with even worse service. That is why you see huge discounts, price up to promote down so customers think it is a good deal. DO NOT BUY FROM YOWZA!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm really happy with my experience with Yowza. The only thing is I can't follow the directions on how to work the computer parts. They seem kind of generic. Both my wife and I were following the directions step by step, but when I start to try the program, I can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. So all I do is use the weight system and then override that to how I want to use it. But overall, we're really pleased. The product is what they said it was going to be.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a nice experience with Yowza Fitness. There was nothing extreme in either way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ordered a ProForm treadmill and then as I was waiting on it, I started researching about it and found out that YOWZA was either number one or two. I went to their website and saw that they had a 15% off sale plus the Fitbit, so I decided to cancel the ProForm and ordered the YOWZA online. The process was very easy and we absolutely love it. My wife and I are using it every other morning, though I wish it had some way of holding a tablet or something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The unique selection they offered was good. We like the quality of the items we bought. The only thing is that he would've gone with the swinging arm a little bit more because of the comfort of the treadmill. But other than that, it's good. I would recommend YOWZA.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I purchased my Yowza Miami elliptical machine, I called them as I felt more comfortable doing that and their reps were fantastic. They did a great job. I love my elliptical machine and it's a lot better than the treadmill.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read a lot of reviews and Yowza was like the best elliptical of 2015. I started looking specifically at Yowza last November and even after a month of setting aside the idea of getting an elliptical, I still went back to them. I went to their website and read all the specs on the machine itself. It seemed like it was really good quality for the price compared to some other ones I was looking at. I ordered the elliptical online from them and it was a very simple process. The equipment is very good and I really like it. So far, it's very quiet and I'm very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife did a lot of research on treadmills and came across some good reviews of YOWZA devices for the price range we wanted. Then we spoke to a "treadmill doctor" who told us about the company and how it was a well-established device that has been on the market even longer than it seems, and that he likes them. Even though he's in sales and their time needs to be well-guarded, he talked to us for 45 minutes before we made our purchase and he was very good to us. He answered all the questions beautifully and he helped us arrange the financing through the price range that we wanted.

The Sebring treadmill does all the things I want it to do, and we were impressed that the price range included a lifetime motor and frame warranty because a lot of the treadmills didn't have it. When the treadmill arrived, the package of the lubricant that came with it was damaged in transit and the lubricant was all over the inside. I've been waiting for the replacement, but we got an email about it a couple of days back.

I bought a Yowza Captiva four years ago because I liked the design, the great reviews, and I needed to get in shape (still do). I haven't used it that much, partially because it's required so much repair. First was an incredibly loud and annoying knocking noise that required a visit from a tech but was covered by the warranty. I also had to get a new control board, also under warranty. I've only used it 10 hours since then, and now the knocking noise is back. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd junk it and buy something else. But then again, if it just worked as it should, I think I could be happy with it. I was looking for a repair person near my zip code 92028 when I saw this site and decided to see if Yowza is paying attention and can help. Thanks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Yowza has an unusual mechanism in their product so I thought it was worth a try. I bought my elliptical machine over the phone around the beginning of November and the rep I spoke with was very good. The quality is good, too, but the packaging or shipping was not so good. There was some damage to the item when it came, but it didn't affect the function so I didn't worry about it. They need to step up their game a little on the packaging.

The pedal springs of Yowza Miami elliptical is broken and I have contacted the customer support. It's almost a month now, No Response. Send emails multiple times to the support and also to Ashley **, but no one to respond whatsoever. I am really disappointed with the customer service for my $3000 investment, otherwise Miami is a good and smooth elliptical. Unfortunately, I can't use that anymore due to poor customer service.

I recently bought a Yowza treadmill and the thing has not worked right since day one. Not long after I bought it it would just suddenly stop, which was very dangerous when you are running on it. Yowza sent a board, which I replaced and the problem continued. After several phone calls and emails they sent another board, which I again replaced and the problem continued. Next they sent a switch. Same story. They finally sent a tech out to replace more parts. He replaced them and the treadmill was stuck at a 12 incline. Currently the treadmill does not come on at all and is still stuck at a 12 incline.

I have emailed and called Yowza repeatedly and they simply do not respond. I now have a very expensive treadmill that has not worked at all in 5 months and the company could care less. It is very frustrating to say the least. I had my cheap Walmart treadmill for 15 years with no problem. They have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. No one returns a call or an email.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

YOWZA had a number one rating, so I ordered the Daytona treadmill over the phone just a few weeks ago. Shopping with them provided me with a good value and customer service was stellar. However, the plastic pieces are clam-shelled and then screwed together and could use some refinement as far as putting it together. This was a replacement for my other one that I had bought 10 years ago. It had just died, but putting that one together was so incredibly simple.

I live alone and I've to put this together myself. It was a little more challenging than I thought it should've been. There's a number of steps in there that an extra set of hands would've really helped. But the thing I'm really disappointed about is the LCD because it starts dimming dramatically when I'm standing on it. It's at an angle that it's very dim and I would've gladly paid more for a higher quality LCD display there. LCD and the ease of the put-together could have been better. But other than those two issues, the quality of the machine seems to be excellent and I have no complaints with how it operates. It was packaged and shipped well, too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched online for Black Friday deals for an elliptical and stumbled upon YOWZA. I found their website and watched promotional videos on some of their exercise equipment. I looked at the promotions and none of the other retailers were really offering any discounts. Amazon is usually the cheapest online but YOWZA's price was actually lower than Amazon for a particular model of elliptical I was looking at. Also, YOWZA was offering a free FitBit, but if I didn’t want the FitBit I could get an additional discount of $100 off the promotion. So I went ahead and bought one without the FitBit to get a better deal.

Ordering online was fine and the only issue I had was when requesting information. There was an online person who was supposed to be there to help answer any questions and so I was submitting some questions, but I wasn’t getting any responses. I closed out a bit after about 10 minutes of no response and then refreshed the webpage and went back in then got a different person and they were able to answer my questions.

The box was over 300 pounds so I had to piecemeal it and bring it upstairs piece by piece. I work a lot of hours so I don’t really have a lot of time except for last weekend when my wife and I finally were able to put the elliptical together. The guy told me it will take about an hour to put it together but we took about three hours. It was fine though since I've expected that and a lot of times they'd say it only takes this long to put together but it’s always usually longer. We haven’t had a chance to use it yet but when I got on it there was some squeaking coming from one of the joints, so it may need an adjustment. I’m going to mess with it but as long as that squeaky noise goes away, I will probably be fine. The whole buying experience was easy and not complicated and the deal was a pretty good. I'd recommend them based on the buying experience but not on the quality just yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The way I bought the treadmill was by chatting a guy online; he was really helpful and did a good job. I chose Yowza Fitness for its price and Yowza. Plus, the website was great, and the unique selection was fine. So far, the quality of my treadmill is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the Captiva model and made the purchase in late November as a birthday present for my husband. Shopping with them provided me with a good value, but the delivery didn't. They contract out to a different delivery company, which I did not know at the time. I was promised to get front-door delivery but when this third company came over, he said that his insurance wouldn't let him bring it up the front steps which I had actually talked to the rep about before I made the purchase. So, we had to actually refuse delivery on the day that it came because the guy refused to bring it up the steps. And it happened to be raining that day. So, we're not going to go to our front lawn while it's raining.

We had to get back in touch with YOWZA, which was closed at the time. The guy came at 7:30 in the morning and we rescheduled. But then again, since they contract out to a third party delivery, we got our wires crossed and we got the days wrong. Nobody got in touch with me when they said they would. I had to do a little chasing of my own. It was supposed to come the next day and it wasn't ready then. So, I had to wait the whole weekend, and then it was supposed to come on Monday but they were running late.

I got the number of the delivery guy, spoke to him and we were able to resolve it. The package came yesterday and it was a mess. I wasn't home when the delivery came. I had already taken two mornings at work to be there and they didn't come. I couldn't take off a third. So my husband took off and he was home. He took pictures of the package because it was ripped apart but I don't think that the machine was damaged. He wanted to take pictures just in case when we put the things together there are pieces missing or damaged because the package was not in good shape when it got to our house. But I like that it has the pivoting arm and not the back-and-forth arm movement that the rest of them had so it works the abs that way, which is what I really wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Based on what I read on the reviews, YOWZA was the best equipment available. I purchased an elliptical online just at the end of last month. I was pleased at the time I made the purchase. However, the quality of the item is poor. I had it installed about two hours ago and there were scratches and a couple of dents on the equipment. I paid for assembly but it wasn't assembled properly. There were gaps all over in it and it's making some noise. I just had spoken to the tech support about an hour ago.

Yowza Fitness Company Profile