Weslo Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I got a Weslo Cadence treadmill. It's very easy to use once you know what you are doing. Just plug it in and set the pace and desired incline. It has a digital readout where I can see how far and fast I walk. Its motion is fluid, it's lightweight and it also folds up for easy storage. But I need one that is better. I wish it was bigger and tougher. It seems to bog down under my weight. Hopefully I can upgrade one of these days.

My Weslo treadmill is almost soundless and rides pretty smoothly. It has a mileage meter on the console to show how far I've have gone. It is also bulky but light and difficult to move around. When setting up, you must be careful where you place it. Move to a location away from windows and obstruction in case you get thrown off. Put it in a basement one time and with the height of it was too close to the ceiling and had to put it up and move it upstairs to come where there was a loss of ceiling space. Also, make sure the leg are adjusted and fold down the treadmill part, control panel is in front of you. Took some getting used to but it works well.

I own a Weslo treadmill!!! Amazing miracle machine. It's amazing cause I can work hard or just walk slowly or anything in between! I love the different speed settings on my treadmill and love the incline feature. It was pretty simple to set up. Just had to screw a few things together. I love it and would highly recommend it!

My Weslo treadmill is easy to set up. All I had to do was plug it in and just running. It's also easy to use, simple to operate, and affordable. All the documents are there and you can see the instruction clearly. It was easy to follow. I like all the different features and functions. I like the onscreen display. With big and bold led lighting. I don't like how bouncy the thread can be though. But it's enjoyable and fun.

My Weslo treadmill has met all of my expectations. My husband said it was easy to put together and after the installation, the various buttons were user-friendly. I like that it is relatively quiet and is smooth operating. I also like the length of the stride and the width because my dog uses it with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weslo Treadmills?

We have a Weslo Crosswalk treadmill. I like the easy setup and tear down and space saving of the machine. Setting it up is not a problem at all for my sister or myself. But my mom has problems getting it set up. Although, it is extremely easy to use especially for my mom in which it was initially bought for. My mom has had two back surgeries for degenerate disk disease which left her with drop foot after the surgery. This machine cost us a lot out of pocket but she is up and walking and is losing some weight as well from the machine. The crossfit is a nice addition to the machine versus a regular treadmill for my mom and I making it easier to walk and a better workout at the same time. Excellent. We are all working with her to keep the whole family healthy! I think machines like this should have a way to be added to insurance for people that have had surgeries and need it for physical therapy. Would recommend for people trying to get back up.

The Weslo treadmill sets up very easily, it simply unfolds from storage and rolls out to fully constructed state. I love it because it makes cleaning the house a breeze and it works out well for someone in a small area. It is also made out of durable materials and folds up for easy storage. It features a calories-burnt count, as well as distance walked/ran and speed. On the other hand, I feel as though the price should have been lower. This treadmill is not worth the price I paid. The plastic on the console feels cheap and not well constructed. I often worry that it will break off the main unit.

My Weslo Crosswalk was pretty easy to set up and get going. I did need an anti-slip mat to put under it but that was a super easy fix. The treadmill has resistance bars and it tracks my stats. You can also increase your incline, and I really like the thumb pulse tracker. It also absorbs some of the shock from jogging, so that's a really nice added feature. On the other hand, it's supposed to be a space saver, but it's really a pain in the butt to fold up and put away. It's easier to just leave it where it is and use it regularly.

I really like my Weslo Cadence 80 because you can change the incline setting and increase or decrease your speed as needed. I also like that it shows the amount of calories that are being burned. It's really user-friendly and simple to operate. On the other hand, maybe having a cup holder or place to put a water bottle where it wouldn't get knocked off would be great.

I like all the features and the size of the Cadence. It is a simple machine that works well. I like how it calculates and tracks my calories burned during working out. The only thing I do not like about this particular treadmill is it is loud. I like to walk on the treadmill during and while I am working. And I am not able to talk to my clients on the treadmill due to the loudness. Nevertheless, it is very easy to use and does not take up to much space in the home. I can stand the bottom of the treadmill up to where, I am able to put it in a small space in my office.

The Weslo I have has a lot of unique experiences. It has major workout plans that I use on a regular basis and it also has a great incline of 10. Weslo is so fantastic that it has heart rate and pulse reading. I can’t believe the speed it has so for anyone that is slow, medium or fast it has all speeds for this workout plan. I really like the Weslo. It's very fast for anyone that want a good workout. It also has arms to maximize your work out. But when setting up this treadmill it was very difficult even though you had instructions. The pieces were opposite fit so if you got one wrong you had to take it apart and switch it completely. Other than that it was ok.

Although it is great the thing I would improve on this treadmill is to put more advance workouts. For some people they like to feel the burn and sweat a lot so they know they're getting a good work so if there’s more advance and harder workout plans the more well be on the treadmill. It won’t get boring to us and also to put higher inclined on the treadmill because so many people like challenge at least I know I do as well as other people do.

Weslo Cadence is simple to use and very effective for workouts at any level the individual prefers. Also, the price wasn't bad for it. The one feature I mostly use and really enjoy is the 2 position manual incline that you can set. Also it has a cool pulse heart rate monitor that all you do is place your thumb on the sensor and it tells you. It folds up but still takes up a lot of space. I wish it had been made so that you could break it down into separate parts. Also I don't care much for the handle bar design it has to hold with. But it's fairly easy to use mainly because it sets right in my spare room of my home.

What I like the most about my Weslo brand treadmill is the incline feature. It helps to give the best toning work out. The many combinations of speed and incline offer a great variety to the every day jog! If there was one feature I would improve on my Weslo brand treadmill, it would be portability. It's a great piece of equipment but it is a pain to set up and move around. But the process of learning the Weslo brand treadmill is simple over all. It is user friendly and easy to use. It's a solid machine and worth the expense.

I like the fact that this Weslo treadmill is so simple and easy to use. It tells you how far and how long you've been running and the amount of calories you are burning and it displays it on an easy to read screen. It's a great way to keep track of your running progress. I like to know the statistics so the screen readings are very helpful. It helps me keep track of how fast I am able to run a mile, and it even has an easy to access pause button. You are able to adjust the speed easily by pressing up and down arrows, and the speed settings go from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. It's also very easy to turn off and on, and it's easy to access the plug in. I really like how simple and easy the features on this treadmill are and I would definitely recommend it for that reason.

However, I don't always feel completely safe running on this treadmill without holding onto anything. In order to get a full workout, it's important that you don't hold onto the railing because it affects your running. This treadmill doesn't have railing that extends past you as you run, and it doesn't feel very secure. If I were to lose my balance, it would be harder to grab into something. It's not a very big treadmill and it's not complex, so safety is a concern. The way it's built seems decent enough, though. My only other complaint would be that it's easy to get your foot stuck underneath the runner on the treadmill, so I always make sure to wear shoes when using it. Otherwise, it could cut your foot. It is a hazard that's preventable with caution, but I still see it as something that could use improvement in order to ensure better safety. Other than a few safety precautions, I find this treadmill to be very useful and effective.

Setting up and operating this treadmill is really quite simple. There is an easy to access plug in cord that I plug into the wall before turning on the treadmill. In order to turn it on, you simply insert and orange disk that has a string attached to it into the slot in the machine. The string at the end of the orange disk ensures that you can easily pull it out and works as an emergency stop for safety purposes. All you have to do to stop the treadmill immediately is yank the string, which then pulls the orange disk out of the machine to stop it. When you start the treadmill, the display screen turns in and you are able to read the numbers and adjust the speed of the treadmill.

In order to get the machine going, you push the up button and adjust the speed using the up and down arrows. The up button speeds it up and the down button slows the machine down. Once you are done using the treadmill, all you have to do is unplug it. If it's already paused, you don't even have to pull the orange disk out of the slot. In fact, if you leave the orange disk in, it saves your progress, which is great if you want to take a break and later pick up where you left off.

Weslo has automatic features like memory, set speed and walking and running workouts and emergency pull cord if you need to make a stop because you can’t keep up. It monitors your heart rate, measures caloric burn, and how many miles you’ve gone. It also folds up for a space saving feature. My treadmill is very easy to use and I’m a handicapped woman with MS. All I have to do is pull out a pin and it folds down for convenience. When I’m done, I just fold it back up and it clicks back into place, simple! To operate the treadmill I just place my feet on the sides, place the round key on the circle indentation on the dashboard and then carefully place my feet on it then I press the type of workout I wish to use, it begins to countdown and away we go! Pretty simple stuff!! My treadmill is perfect except for my belt rubbing against the side which is extremely annoying and I wish it had a bottle holder.

I have a Weslo Cadence and I like the fact I don't have to go outside in the weather. It has a pulse heart monitor, several different programs, large enough walking area that I don't fall off. But I would like for it to have fewer programs because I get confused on the settings sometimes and set it too fast for me. I don't like the digital quick speed. I think my age hinders me sometimes. I also get confused so someone usually sets it up for me. However, it is a space saver with wheels. It's fairly easy to assemble when it was shipped to me. I use only program 1 as it is the slowest. I push 1 after I get on treadmill then set timer for how long I want to walk and then press 1 for program 1. I always feel better after walking.

Weslo crosswalk is easy to use and storage is convenient. I like the fact that it folds for easy storage and the price point was reasonable for my needs. However, when running it is jerky. It does not run as smooth as I would like and the control panel is lacking in some features. But the setup of this treadmill is easy. If this was the only thing someone asked me about I would recommend this treadmill. You get what you pay for.

The motor was quiet and it worked very well. There was no humming or any slack in the way the motor ran. I was well pleased with the product. I was very pleased with the way the cushion felt beneath my feet. It did not bother my feet and was a very nice surface to walk on beneath my feet. It was cushioned very nicely. My particular model did not have any of the new fangled connections that today's market holds to add usb capabilities to use items like iPods. This would have been a great feature to have. I was very well pleased with the value that I received for this treadmill. I purchased it on a whim thinking that I was probably wasting my time and money because the value was so low. I was proven wrong when it turned out that I got a great deal and I value this product to be high quality.

The treadmill's motor runs just fine, I've never experienced a problem with it. It's always ran very smoothly and been reliable. I have had my treadmill for over 7 years and it still works just as well as the beginning. I'd recommend it to anyone. I would say Weslo's treadmill cushion is decent or average. I wouldn't say it has the best cushion but it's able to get the job done. The treadmill was very fairly priced and came at a good value. It wasn't expensive and it was very reliable. I would recommend this to anyone watching their money.

The motor seems to be very strong. No problems with speed or incline. Belt moves without getting stuck. Turns on and off quickly, no long wait to warm up. Treadmill has enough cushion to help your knees not feel as much strain after workout. This is especially helpful when running fast or with a steep incline. The base model I have does not have much entertainment options. Although I know they are available. Mine has cup holders as running workout programs. Has added tremendous value to my life. Don't have to run outside in the Texas heat. Plus it tracks all my progress to help me journal my workouts.

The motor is quiet, powerful, reliable, great product, highly recommend purchasing. Very affordable, models to fit every budget. Can accommodate varying sizes of people. Even a heavier person can comfortably use without the motor seeming like it's powering out. Comfortable, almost every size person can safely and easily use this treadmill. Enough cushion to be comfy but still firm enough to not feel like you are sinking. Some models could have a few more options for entertainment. But you get what you pay for. The more expensive options have a few more options. Love, love, love that there is a treadmill for for almost everyone no matter what your price point is. Still safe and reliable products.

The treadmill is well built and the motor is a good fit for this machine. Walking with this treadmill is a breeze and take little effort. The machine has enough cushion to keep the average person more than happy and gives a great feeling to the treadmill experience. Using this treadmill will help keep you healthy. This treadmill offers little in the way of entertainment other than offering you a good workout in your day to day lifestyle. You can always put on a pair of headphones and listen to some tunes while you walk or run. For the money, this was one of the better ones I looked at. Using it costs pennies a day and helps keep the pounds off. Can look for a better 1 but it will be hard to find 1 as good as this one for the money.

It made some noise, but not anything unusual. I barely noticed it as I usually watch TV while walking. It was very reliable, I never had any problems with it breaking down. It could have used a little more cushion under the belt, but wearing good walking shoes made it better. Otherwise it is suitable for the purpose. It does not have any extra entertainment options, but it did allow me to track my progress. I wish it had a way to use my tablet or phone on it with headphones. It's definitely a good value for the money. I was able to save money on it, while still getting a good workout and have a product that is good quality.

There are many different speeds which allows for a good variety of training between running and walking. It has lasted a while with no issues with the motor what so ever. I am very pleased with this product and am glad that this is the one that I own. The motor is great and runs greatly. I suffer from shin splints and when I run on this treadmill I really don't experience them which is awesome because pretty much anywhere else I run I do it is not too hard but also not to soft either. There aren't really any entertainment options but in my opinion that is okay. I would rather just listen to music on my phone and not use the treadmill for any entertainment. It works for running and that is all that matters. Hasn't given me problems so for getting it I would say the value is great and I definitely got my money's worth by buying it.

I feel that the motor is silent enough for you to enjoy your exercise on it without a concern and I believe you will be satisfied with the performance of it. To me it felt like easy cushiony running without a concern. Very smooth. It does not feel springy at all so you will enjoy every step. I normally just plug in the headphones and let the music take over… You get your workout on plus get entertainment while doing it. Mine does not have the Bluetooth capability but the new one supposedly does. I recommend the many things that the treadmill itself has to offer. It added a tremendous value to my life as I get to run in the comfort of my own home and not have to go to a gym to do so. It also helps me with my medical issues as I try hard to keep my cholesterol levels at a normal range. Do not know what I would do without it.

I bought it used and the motor is still in working condition. Even without the key it works pretty well. I have no complaints with this machine at all. After years of use its still in great shape. The model I have doesn't have many functions. I can use an incline, it gives me my pace, miles, and heart rate I believe. Nothing extra is featured in my model. I bought my model at a very cheap price. For the years I have used it for, I'd say it is worth the money, but because it's so basic, I would pay an extreme amount for it.

It is for a very low impact type of workout. IF you do a heavier workout, this won't work well. The motor is small and can't keep up with a heavier type workout. It works best for a walking type of working, nothing more. The shock absorption you are walking is very basic. There is a lot of bounce and it might not work well, it can cause issues with the rest of a person's body. There are no entertainment options with this treadmill. This is the most basic motorized type you can get. And it is not good for running or jogging. You would be better off getting a different type if you are looking for all the bells and whistles. You get what you pay for. Basic treadmill for a basic price. This is nothing fancy at all but if you are looking to just walk. You would be ok with this type.

It worked well and the speeds were appropriate for what I needed. The cushion was fine. It was padded enough to be comfortable for normal to high intensity users. I did not have a problem at all with anything. Entertainment options were fine for my use. I had no problem with using any of the options available and it was easy to understand and use. I probably did not use it enough to say that the value was exceptional. I feel like if I was able to use it more then I would have gotten my money's worth.

The motor is not loud. I typically listen to music with the sound level at 8 and I cannot hear the motor at all. Even when I exercise without music I can barely hear the motor. I would not recommend exercising without wearing shoes. Be sure to wear a nice pair of socks with memory sole shoes when using the treadmill. Otherwise your foot will hurt. There is no cushion on the rubber mat. Our unit offers a several spaces for a digital device. There is also a space for those that want to use their tablet to watch a movie. You can also read a book while exercising. It also offers a fan to help you cool down. It is compact and we can fold it up. We can exercise during any type of weather conditions. The unit has made our family compete whom can exercise longer. It also shows our heart rate and the number of calories burned.

Gradual and adjustable incline with various motor speeds to make for individualized workout, low impact cushioned belt for smooth and consistent movement. Treadmill folds for easy storage. Long cord with led displays. The treadmills cushion is soft enough for low impact activity workouts but strong enough for higher impact activity workouts too. Smooth and easy movements. Treadmill has visual displays for speed, calories and incline. Easy to use headphones with or other tech devices to help maintain paced workout. Cup/bottle holder allows for easy access to hydration as needed. The product gave me the freedom and ability to walk exercise whenever I want regardless of weather conditions. It allows me to track both mileage calories and to adjust my workout to the stamina I choose each time.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Weslo offers budget-friendly treadmills for home users who are looking for a basic treadmill for walking and light running along with advanced treadmills with enhanced features. Buy their products online with prices starting at $399.

• Weslo Cadence G 7.0: Priced at $1,999, Weslo’s Cadence G 7.0 treadmill has speeds up to 10 miles per hour, an incline up to 10 percent, eight workout apps and a 2.25 horsepower motor.
  • Weslo Cadence G 5.9: The Cadence G 5.9 is Weslo’s budget-friendly treadmill, priced at $399. It features six workouts, a two position manual incline, speeds up to 10 miles per hour and a 2.25 horsepower motor.
  • Email subscription: Sign up for Weslo’s email subscription to receive weekly newsletters, shopping cart specials and weekly sales alert. Cancel anytime by managing your subscription.
  • Easy storage: Weslo’s treadmills are designed for smaller spaces, and they fold up quickly and easily when not in use.
  • 30-day trial: Try your Weslo treadmill in your home for 30 days, and return it if you are not entirely satisfied. A freight carrier will pick up your machine from your curb, and refunds will be issued upon receipt.
  • Best for Weslo treadmills are best for walkers and recreational runners who need a budget-friendly treadmill for home use.

Compare Treadmills