4.00/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

46 Weslo Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

It is easy to use, very good on the lower leg joints. It has a variety of speeds that are very accessible to use. It is good quality and has lasted for a while. Its durability is appreciated. It took a few hours though to complete and it was neither easy nor difficult but be aware of what your dimensions are. It is pretty compact so it should fit in most spaces. However, the user interface doesn't have heart rate monitors. It does not have a very clear interface and is somewhat one dimensional. It is quite narrow and does not have an incline or decline feature.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The Weslo treadmill was affordable and simple. I didn't need anything crazy, just something that works. The brand and the model provide basic treadmill experience, good workout and quality exercise time. It lasted over 10 years. Since it's a very basic type of treadmill, I wouldn't recommend it for somebody looking for something more focused on high performance. But this treadmill is easy to use and only requires some space to set up the treadmill. All you do after you do it is exercise.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The Cadence has a locking feature. It folds up against the wall and takes up minimal space. You fold base down, insert key and start moving. As soon as you start walking machine will turn on. You can then adjust speed, incline and time or distance. You can gradually reduce speed until you come to a complete stop. Or you can walk into a cool down. It is easy to use and comes in handy when I cannot go for a run outside. However, I don't like how it feels when I run. I would love it to feel like I am running on the sand. It would be nice to have a built in screen to watch tv. It is extremely boring to stare at the wall while running in place.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The treadmill can be inclined so as to increase your degree of inclined to burn more calories. There is a key that is attached to each other that is clipped to your clothing. If the key is removed, then the machine will automatically shut off. This is an important safety feature. It also tracks your calories burned, miles walked, fat calories burned, and length of time for your exercise. I do use it on a weekly basis and it's very easy to use. The only thing that I really don't like about the machine is the bulkiness. I would like for it to be able to be folded down so it would fit under my bed. It currently takes up a lot of room in my living room. I have run into the machine numerous times in the dark and it actually hurt myself running into the corner of the treadmill.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My treadmill is perfect and I love it. It was already set up when I purchased it. It's not difficult to use and I love all the features. With just a push of a button it turns on and is ready for you to walk or run on it. It also has a touchscreen, automatic weight loss workouts, it inclines and has an automatic shut off button. It fold up when I'm not using it. I plan on keeping my treadmill for years to come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weslo Treadmills?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Weslo Treadmills was fairly easy to use. I am able to either leave it down, set up and ready to use immediately or I can fold it up slide it away, under the bed or in the closet. I like that I can increase the speed and incline as I progress in my exercise program. I am able to set it for however I'm feeling that day! I wish that I had some arm exercise and more lift exercises with this but it is just a treadmill. I can keep track of what I accomplished that day, so I know what to do next. I really wish that it had more things that an elliptical does. I miss that I can’t exercise my upper body along with my lower. I also wish that it had something other than the key card to shut it down. I spend a lot of time looking for it or asking young kids where they put the cool looking key.

Original review: July 31, 2018

It's easy to use and has different inclines and preset workouts on it. I use it all the time and it's made very well. It's smooth running and quiet. It's very easy to turn on. You just put the magnetic key on it and start it. Then set it to what speed or workout you want to do. It automatically starts out at 1 mph so it's really slow at first. It has a manual incline and I wish it had a power incline that would be easier to change the incline on it. All in all, it's really a good treadmill.

Original review: July 30, 2018

It is like anything else new. You have to read some of the instructions and then you just learn by using it more each time. Not difficult at all. It has an uphill feature which gives you more of a workout than just running level. It also counts calories that you burn. It also does fold up, so I can store it if we need the space for something else. However, I would like one that was more compact so you could move it more easily and I would like one that could measure your heartbeat. I would also like if it had a feature where it would take your blood pressure.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I like that it is electric and setup was super easy and very easy to use. One person could easily do it and it doesn’t require a ton of muscle or work to get it going. It has the features I wanted the most and the fact that it is foldable makes storage simple and easy. It was affordable and the right price when I needed one. This treadmill is on the cheaper side and it was a good option when I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money. I want to upgrade eventually but for now this is a good choice for me.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We've had the treadmill so long and setting it up was an easy process. Operation on the equipment is very simple. You can fold it up, so that it takes up less room, and we do this frequently, especially during family get togethers when we need more floor space. The treadmill has some cool features that display the time, speed, and calories and fat burned. However, this capability quit working very soon after we bought the treadmill, and it was very disappointing not to have those stats available after getting used to them. But other than that, I like the clip that you put on your clothes that turns off the treadmill if you pull it out while the treadmill is running. That way, if you fall, the treadmill immediately stops so you won't get injured.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The treadmill is very easy to use. It can be folded up for easy storage and to get it out of the way. I bought mine used so it was already put together when I got it. I like that there is a built in cup holder and spot for your cell phone. It also keeps track of time, distance, calories burned. There is also a cord you can pull and it would stop in case of an emergency. However it would be better if it wasn't so bulky. The arms on the side that you hold onto could also be more sturdy. Also, it has a built in TV that would be nice if it wasn't so big and bulky. It makes the whole treadmill heavy.

Original review: July 23, 2018

It's great. Easy to fold up, very convenient and quiet. I love the digital distance meter and the easy flow of the manual treadmill. I also love the very sleek design and its folding capability. This treadmill is everything I wanted and I could not ask for a better product. The price was awesome too. It was cheap for the deal. You get 10 out of 10 on price and deal. Totally amazed.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I got a Weslo Cadence treadmill. It's very easy to use once you know what you are doing. Just plug it in and set the pace and desired incline. It has a digital readout where I can see how far and fast I walk. Its motion is fluid, it's lightweight and it also folds up for easy storage. But I need one that is better. I wish it was bigger and tougher. It seems to bog down under my weight. Hopefully I can upgrade one of these days.

Original review: May 4, 2017

My Weslo treadmill is almost soundless and rides pretty smoothly. It has a mileage meter on the console to show how far I've have gone. It is also bulky but light and difficult to move around. When setting up, you must be careful where you place it. Move to a location away from windows and obstruction in case you get thrown off. Put it in a basement one time and with the height of it was too close to the ceiling and had to put it up and move it upstairs to come where there was a loss of ceiling space. Also, make sure the leg are adjusted and fold down the treadmill part, control panel is in front of you. Took some getting used to but it works well.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I own a Weslo treadmill!!! Amazing miracle machine. It's amazing cause I can work hard or just walk slowly or anything in between! I love the different speed settings on my treadmill and love the incline feature. It was pretty simple to set up. Just had to screw a few things together. I love it and would highly recommend it!

Original review: April 28, 2017

My Weslo treadmill is easy to set up. All I had to do was plug it in and just running. It's also easy to use, simple to operate, and affordable. All the documents are there and you can see the instruction clearly. It was easy to follow. I like all the different features and functions. I like the onscreen display. With big and bold led lighting. I don't like how bouncy the thread can be though. But it's enjoyable and fun.

Original review: April 27, 2017

My Weslo treadmill has met all of my expectations. My husband said it was easy to put together and after the installation, the various buttons were user-friendly. I like that it is relatively quiet and is smooth operating. I also like the length of the stride and the width because my dog uses it with me.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We have a Weslo Crosswalk treadmill. I like the easy setup and tear down and space saving of the machine. Setting it up is not a problem at all for my sister or myself. But my mom has problems getting it set up. Although, it is extremely easy to use especially for my mom in which it was initially bought for. My mom has had two back surgeries for degenerate disk disease which left her with drop foot after the surgery. This machine cost us a lot out of pocket but she is up and walking and is losing some weight as well from the machine. The crossfit is a nice addition to the machine versus a regular treadmill for my mom and I making it easier to walk and a better workout at the same time. Excellent. We are all working with her to keep the whole family healthy! I think machines like this should have a way to be added to insurance for people that have had surgeries and need it for physical therapy. Would recommend for people trying to get back up.

Original review: April 25, 2017

The Weslo treadmill sets up very easily, it simply unfolds from storage and rolls out to fully constructed state. I love it because it makes cleaning the house a breeze and it works out well for someone in a small area. It is also made out of durable materials and folds up for easy storage. It features a calories-burnt count, as well as distance walked/ran and speed. On the other hand, I feel as though the price should have been lower. This treadmill is not worth the price I paid. The plastic on the console feels cheap and not well constructed. I often worry that it will break off the main unit.

Original review: April 23, 2017

My Weslo Crosswalk was pretty easy to set up and get going. I did need an anti-slip mat to put under it but that was a super easy fix. The treadmill has resistance bars and it tracks my stats. You can also increase your incline, and I really like the thumb pulse tracker. It also absorbs some of the shock from jogging, so that's a really nice added feature. On the other hand, it's supposed to be a space saver, but it's really a pain in the butt to fold up and put away. It's easier to just leave it where it is and use it regularly.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I really like my Weslo Cadence 80 because you can change the incline setting and increase or decrease your speed as needed. I also like that it shows the amount of calories that are being burned. It's really user-friendly and simple to operate. On the other hand, maybe having a cup holder or place to put a water bottle where it wouldn't get knocked off would be great.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I like all the features and the size of the Cadence. It is a simple machine that works well. I like how it calculates and tracks my calories burned during working out. The only thing I do not like about this particular treadmill is it is loud. I like to walk on the treadmill during and while I am working. And I am not able to talk to my clients on the treadmill due to the loudness. Nevertheless, it is very easy to use and does not take up to much space in the home. I can stand the bottom of the treadmill up to where, I am able to put it in a small space in my office.

Original review: April 9, 2017

The Weslo I have has a lot of unique experiences. It has major workout plans that I use on a regular basis and it also has a great incline of 10. Weslo is so fantastic that it has heart rate and pulse reading. I can’t believe the speed it has so for anyone that is slow, medium or fast it has all speeds for this workout plan. I really like the Weslo. It's very fast for anyone that want a good workout. It also has arms to maximize your work out. But when setting up this treadmill it was very difficult even though you had instructions. The pieces were opposite fit so if you got one wrong you had to take it apart and switch it completely. Other than that it was ok.

Although it is great the thing I would improve on this treadmill is to put more advance workouts. For some people they like to feel the burn and sweat a lot so they know they're getting a good work so if there’s more advance and harder workout plans the more well be on the treadmill. It won’t get boring to us and also to put higher inclined on the treadmill because so many people like challenge at least I know I do as well as other people do.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Weslo Cadence is simple to use and very effective for workouts at any level the individual prefers. Also, the price wasn't bad for it. The one feature I mostly use and really enjoy is the 2 position manual incline that you can set. Also it has a cool pulse heart rate monitor that all you do is place your thumb on the sensor and it tells you. It folds up but still takes up a lot of space. I wish it had been made so that you could break it down into separate parts. Also I don't care much for the handle bar design it has to hold with. But it's fairly easy to use mainly because it sets right in my spare room of my home.

Original review: April 6, 2017

What I like the most about my Weslo brand treadmill is the incline feature. It helps to give the best toning work out. The many combinations of speed and incline offer a great variety to the every day jog! If there was one feature I would improve on my Weslo brand treadmill, it would be portability. It's a great piece of equipment but it is a pain to set up and move around. But the process of learning the Weslo brand treadmill is simple over all. It is user friendly and easy to use. It's a solid machine and worth the expense.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I like the fact that this Weslo treadmill is so simple and easy to use. It tells you how far and how long you've been running and the amount of calories you are burning and it displays it on an easy to read screen. It's a great way to keep track of your running progress. I like to know the statistics so the screen readings are very helpful. It helps me keep track of how fast I am able to run a mile, and it even has an easy to access pause button. You are able to adjust the speed easily by pressing up and down arrows, and the speed settings go from 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. It's also very easy to turn off and on, and it's easy to access the plug in. I really like how simple and easy the features on this treadmill are and I would definitely recommend it for that reason.

However, I don't always feel completely safe running on this treadmill without holding onto anything. In order to get a full workout, it's important that you don't hold onto the railing because it affects your running. This treadmill doesn't have railing that extends past you as you run, and it doesn't feel very secure. If I were to lose my balance, it would be harder to grab into something. It's not a very big treadmill and it's not complex, so safety is a concern. The way it's built seems decent enough, though. My only other complaint would be that it's easy to get your foot stuck underneath the runner on the treadmill, so I always make sure to wear shoes when using it. Otherwise, it could cut your foot. It is a hazard that's preventable with caution, but I still see it as something that could use improvement in order to ensure better safety. Other than a few safety precautions, I find this treadmill to be very useful and effective.

Setting up and operating this treadmill is really quite simple. There is an easy to access plug in cord that I plug into the wall before turning on the treadmill. In order to turn it on, you simply insert and orange disk that has a string attached to it into the slot in the machine. The string at the end of the orange disk ensures that you can easily pull it out and works as an emergency stop for safety purposes. All you have to do to stop the treadmill immediately is yank the string, which then pulls the orange disk out of the machine to stop it. When you start the treadmill, the display screen turns in and you are able to read the numbers and adjust the speed of the treadmill.

In order to get the machine going, you push the up button and adjust the speed using the up and down arrows. The up button speeds it up and the down button slows the machine down. Once you are done using the treadmill, all you have to do is unplug it. If it's already paused, you don't even have to pull the orange disk out of the slot. In fact, if you leave the orange disk in, it saves your progress, which is great if you want to take a break and later pick up where you left off.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Weslo has automatic features like memory, set speed and walking and running workouts and emergency pull cord if you need to make a stop because you can’t keep up. It monitors your heart rate, measures caloric burn, and how many miles you’ve gone. It also folds up for a space saving feature. My treadmill is very easy to use and I’m a handicapped woman with MS. All I have to do is pull out a pin and it folds down for convenience. When I’m done, I just fold it back up and it clicks back into place, simple! To operate the treadmill I just place my feet on the sides, place the round key on the circle indentation on the dashboard and then carefully place my feet on it then I press the type of workout I wish to use, it begins to countdown and away we go! Pretty simple stuff!! My treadmill is perfect except for my belt rubbing against the side which is extremely annoying and I wish it had a bottle holder.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I have a Weslo Cadence and I like the fact I don't have to go outside in the weather. It has a pulse heart monitor, several different programs, large enough walking area that I don't fall off. But I would like for it to have fewer programs because I get confused on the settings sometimes and set it too fast for me. I don't like the digital quick speed. I think my age hinders me sometimes. I also get confused so someone usually sets it up for me. However, it is a space saver with wheels. It's fairly easy to assemble when it was shipped to me. I use only program 1 as it is the slowest. I push 1 after I get on treadmill then set timer for how long I want to walk and then press 1 for program 1. I always feel better after walking.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Weslo crosswalk is easy to use and storage is convenient. I like the fact that it folds for easy storage and the price point was reasonable for my needs. However, when running it is jerky. It does not run as smooth as I would like and the control panel is lacking in some features. But the setup of this treadmill is easy. If this was the only thing someone asked me about I would recommend this treadmill. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The motor was quiet and it worked very well. There was no humming or any slack in the way the motor ran. I was well pleased with the product. I was very pleased with the way the cushion felt beneath my feet. It did not bother my feet and was a very nice surface to walk on beneath my feet. It was cushioned very nicely. My particular model did not have any of the new fangled connections that today's market holds to add usb capabilities to use items like iPods. This would have been a great feature to have. I was very well pleased with the value that I received for this treadmill. I purchased it on a whim thinking that I was probably wasting my time and money because the value was so low. I was proven wrong when it turned out that I got a great deal and I value this product to be high quality.

Weslo Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Weslo offers budget-friendly treadmills for home users who are looking for a basic treadmill for walking and light running along with advanced treadmills with enhanced features. Buy their products online with prices starting at $399.

• Weslo Cadence G 7.0: Priced at $1,999, Weslo’s Cadence G 7.0 treadmill has speeds up to 10 miles per hour, an incline up to 10 percent, eight workout apps and a 2.25 horsepower motor.

• Weslo Cadence G 5.9: The Cadence G 5.9 is Weslo’s budget-friendly treadmill, priced at $399. It features six workouts, a two position manual incline, speeds up to 10 miles per hour and a 2.25 horsepower motor.

• Email subscription: Sign up for Weslo’s email subscription to receive weekly newsletters, shopping cart specials and weekly sales alert. Cancel anytime by managing your subscription.

• Easy storage: Weslo’s treadmills are designed for smaller spaces, and they fold up quickly and easily when not in use.

• 30-day trial: Try your Weslo treadmill in your home for 30 days, and return it if you are not entirely satisfied. A freight carrier will pick up your machine from your curb, and refunds will be issued upon receipt.

• Best for: Weslo treadmills are best for walkers and recreational runners who need a budget-friendly treadmill for home use.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Weslo Treadmills Company Information

www.weslo.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business