Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5

Weslo Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weslo Treadmills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weslo Treadmills?

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

I was finally sent the replacement treadmill but when I opened the box it was damaged. In calling I was somehow connected with support for new purchases. In working with them I was able to finally receive a working machine. I am continuing with the one star rating which is for the treadmill and support I received from the warranty department of ICON Fitness.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Purchased Treadmill from Walmart in Aug 2018 and in Nov 2018 purchased 2 year extended warranty from ICON Fitness. Only used machine for walking, never for running. Ten months later in Sep 2019, started smelling burning odor coming from machine during my "morning walk." Called ICON Fitness requesting warranty repair. They shipped me a new motor and contacted their warranty repair company, Assembly Experts, to install it. 2 weeks later I thought I had a working machine. Within a month the burning odor started again along with a new problem of the belt stopping after about 30 seconds. Called beginning of Dec 2019 requesting another warranty repair. Was then sent another motor, a new motor controller board, and a new belt. It took a month before the repairman would come to again repair the machine.

After the repair and prior to the repairman leaving I tested the machine but the belt still continued to stop after 30 seconds. I was told he was going to report it and request another motor and control board to be sent out. After a month I had yet to hear about the motor and control board I was told would be sent. I called ICON Fitness to find status. Nothing had been ordered. So I requested another repair and was shipped the parts. ICON Fitness contacted Assembly Experts to come and repair the machine which caused an email to be sent from them to arrange a time to repair, but when I responded they would not answer phone calls nor respond to my emails to set up a time. After a couple of weeks of no response from Assembly Experts I called ICON Fitness on 4/1/2020 to report such and asked them about the warranty terms which indicated after multiple attempts at repairing the machine a replacement machine would be sent.

The tech support said they would look into whether the replacement would be sent and would call back advising me of their decision. After not hearing from them after a week I called back and was told they would be replacing the machine with another of my choosing and If I selected another model from the one I had I would be responsible for paying any additional cost required. I did research and selected another model with a slightly higher costs and was told it was in stock. I agreed to and paid the cost difference on April 15, 2020, and was told shipment would be soon.

Now here it is June 11, 2020, and they have yet to ship me the replacement because shipments from overseas have been hampered due to COVID-19. I was told I was in the Queue to have it shipped but there is no definite date as to when they will ship the replacement. So If you purchase this treadmill do so anticipating a short life on the motor and likely receiving parts that do not work properly.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased a Weslo Treadmill from ICON Health & Fitness, and the purchased parts did not assemble the treadmill. I called about my the company before my warranty was up, and my concerns were dismissed by a representative. Another Consumer Advocate company intervened on my behalf after the warranty was up, and ICON Health & Fitness agreed to mail me the correct parts needed to assemble my treadmill. ICON Health & Fitness mailed me the wrong parts in the first shipment, and I have yet to receive the second shipment. This company needs to be held accountable, and the customer service representatives are rude and disrespectful.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have no issues with my Weslo Cadence treadmill. I've owned it 8 months now. I'm seeing all of the bad reviews stating you have to sign up for iFit and that is not true. It's offered but not required to use the machine. I'd suggest re-reading the manual.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Bad customer service and you have to buy a membership to start the machine. I hate that I have to get a membership to operate the machine. I think I may return it. Held the phone for 1 hr for customer service, very disappointed.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I'd put less than 1 if possible. The treadmill will NOT even move unless you sign up for iFit.com. We bought it and took it back to Walmart. It's sick that they sell it but it will not work WITHOUT 15.00 a month subscription to iFit. They show it connected to an electronic device like many others. But it's "locked" unless you give iFit your credit card, you personal information which from experience YOU KNOW WILL BE SOLD TO PHISHING AND SCAMMERS. 315.88 and it will not turn on without your CREDIT CARD. Do not buy this piece of crap! It's stripped down and worthless. I gave Walmart a piece of my mind that they would even sell them because of that.

Planet Fitness has a gym for $10 a month. It shouldn't be a treadmill won't work without paying them per month. It will not even move without joining iFit.com and it says you can cancel ANYTIME - but they will still have your personal information, your credit card and how many more junk, phishing, scams will you be exposed too? Too many to count. Too many companies, Equifax, Target, Sears, Home Depot... Too many to count. Have been hacked but this company will sell Treadmills that are unusable? It's so crazy. I'm really pissed off I didn't know before I had to take apart and return the treadmill! Don't buy a treadmill that comes with strings or it will not move. What use is a treadmill that will not move????

Original review: May 25, 2019

Bought a treadmill Cadence G 5.9I and you have to go online and pay a monthly fee to get the treadmill unlocked so you can even use it. You have to download apps on your phone to get it to work too. What a rip off, I went online and paid the monthly fee to get it unlocked and it is still unlocked, even though it said it was unlocked. They do not have clear instructions and I am not impressed with this. It is cheap and got it at Walmart.com, but not impressed with the hassle to get it started so we can use it....

Original review: March 26, 2019

Being a more affordable treadmill, one cannot expect it to do as the pricey treadmills do. What does it lack? Incline. The belt occasionally slips and makes a noise until it resets and rarely, it does not start on its own, Not a problem, it has never failed. Does it lack anything else...nope, it is a great machine.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I refuse to give them my credit card information to activate a simple treadmill. Got it home. Tried to set it up and can't without agreeing to a free 30 day trial. Catch is you still have to put in your credit card information. I tried to call the number on the paper manual and it left me on hold for over 30 minutes only to tell me they were closed. 6-6:00 MT. What's next? Can't buy a coffee pot and get it to brew coffee without a monthly subscription to Coffee Lover's Magazine?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

WATCH OUT! My experience with this company - well it looks a lot like extortion. This company wants you or rather just about insists that you join a paid membership before you can use its product. That doesn't go over very well with me. I just want my bloody treadmill to work. I paid for it and why should I have to join a membership for it to work? The product states that in order to activate the treadmill, you have to go to ifit.com/activate. However, Weslo ties the activation to the membership and I couldn't find any way to activate my treadmill without their membership.

Therefore, I reluctantly and under duress provided my credit card information in order to activate my treadmill. That really stinks. The treadmill appears nice especially at $299, and I would have nicely given Weslo 4 Stars or even 5 Stars on this review, but this membership issue really pissed me off!!! I also complained to Big 5 where I purchased this product. Weslo needs to change its policy - allow easy and conspicuous activation without any strings attached like your paid membership. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I'm normally someone that enjoys writing good reviews, but this company has been horrible. No support analyst has got behind their product. Their documentation is horrible and they expect the consumer to do unorthodox troubleshooting...which even if we wanted to try, the manuals are still WRONG. They acknowledge pics not matching the info in the instruction manual, and their analysts don't seem to read email history. Calling them is equally horrible as they seem to try and get you off the phone without any support.

I would NOT buy this product. While the setup seems easy, the pictures on the boxes show people smiling, there is ZERO support if/when their product breaks. Getting any kind of information has been cryptic and they expect you to review fine print which includes even more limited support than a typical 1 year warranty. They don't stand behind their product by any means.

Weslo Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

Weslo offers budget-friendly treadmills for home users who are looking for a basic treadmill for walking and light running along with advanced treadmills with enhanced features. Buy their products online with prices starting at $399.

• Weslo Cadence G 7.0: Priced at $1,999, Weslo’s Cadence G 7.0 treadmill has speeds up to 10 miles per hour, an incline up to 10 percent, eight workout apps and a 2.25 horsepower motor.

• Weslo Cadence G 5.9: The Cadence G 5.9 is Weslo’s budget-friendly treadmill, priced at $399. It features six workouts, a two position manual incline, speeds up to 10 miles per hour and a 2.25 horsepower motor.

• Email subscription: Sign up for Weslo’s email subscription to receive weekly newsletters, shopping cart specials and weekly sales alert. Cancel anytime by managing your subscription.

• Easy storage: Weslo’s treadmills are designed for smaller spaces, and they fold up quickly and easily when not in use.

• 30-day trial: Try your Weslo treadmill in your home for 30 days, and return it if you are not entirely satisfied. A freight carrier will pick up your machine from your curb, and refunds will be issued upon receipt.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Weslo Treadmills Company Information