Discover a recommended cord blood bank now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Viacord

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 26, 2008

1 Viacord Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 26, 2008

My daughter subscribed to Viacord. GE MOney Bank runs their billing/collect service for them. I signed as a co-signer for my daughter. I NEVER received a bill or anything stating that the account was past due. However, they reported this (my daughters' account), as again I am a Co-signer only and was NEVER billed, to the collection agency reflecting MY CREDIT! How can they report to the credit agency something they have NEVER even billed me for?

Then when I called to get this cleared up...first I was insulted and told by someone named Ruth, that tells me NOTHING of what the bill is for (I did not know it was for Viacord!) nor whose name its in... but instead she actually says to me that it is your husband's acct. and he's primary holder on acct. that you do not know about! Can you beleive this? Her name was/is Ruth. After calling several times, I finally got someone who gave me the right info, but when I argued my point with her and asked to speak to a supervisor.. she put me on Indefinite hold!

I called once again and before I could even explain anything, I was hung up on! All the 'women' there were rude, had no knowledge nor clue as to WHAT was going on,nor did they barely speak or understand English as they ALL (and I am serious about the ALL) had middle-eastern like accents. Once again I called and a MAN answered who was actually polite, yet had no info to give me other than No we do not have the number for Viacord I finally gave up and really got nowhere and never got the number for Viacord so as to check the status of the cord viability and to see if I could take over the account IF the cord WAS viable!

So far this is on MY credit report and I want it OFF. I am not responsible for something I have not been billed for? Am I? How?

Viacord expert review by Sandra Gordon

ViaCord is a cord blood company that has been in operation for more than 20 years. The company is part of PerkinElmer, a worldwide environmental and biological health company.

• Courier shipping: ViaCord uses a medical courier to pick up and deliver cord blood to ensure that it gets there safely, quickly and at the right temperature.
  • Clinical experience: More doctors and researchers have used cord blood from ViaCord than any other private cord blood company; in fact, over 280 procedures have used cord blood from ViaCord.
  • Medical success: The cord blood from ViaCord used in medical treatments has yielded nearly a 90 percent success rate in patients.
  • Lab proximity to airport: ViaCord's processing and storage facilities are located close to the international airport in Cincinnati, expediting the process of delivering the blood.
  • Outstanding security monitoring: ViaCord uses a three-level alarm system to monitor storage for temperature changes and an advanced security system to ensure tampering with any product is not possible.
  • Best for: Families with a history of diseases, families who have just had a baby and families with an ailing member.
Profile picture of Sandra Gordon
Sandra Gordon

Parenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.

Viacord Company Information