Kevin Trudeau

out of business
 1.6/5 (204 ratings)

About Kevin Trudeau

Kevin Trudeau Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kevin Trudeau?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kevin Trudeau?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

A close friend gave the CD set to me and made me promise to listen to it all, as soon as possible, and to keep consistent and push through all of them without delays. That sounded a bit intense to me but I agreed. I'm on the 2nd one now. Trudeau indeed says very early on: "Listen quickly and make sure to finish the 10 CDs within 2 weeks," I guess because he claims to re-program your brainwaves and that it's essential to keep the momentum of the new positive thought-pattern radiating out into the world. That sort of makes sense to me. Then he says something about that if you follow the steps and such, you'll very likely be invited on a 4-day all-expense-paid luxury cruise with lots of very important super-rich people aboard. Then I put 2 and 2 together - a couple of the top marketing tricks in all of history: DON'T DELAY (because you might have second thoughts later or talk to some naysayers) and FREE GIFT INCLUDED (luxury cruise) so a red flag went up.

My friend is giving $150 a month to be part of the 'special club' in his locale, and now I'm worried for him. I think about half of the self-help information Trudeau gives out is very true and useful, and believable, but one could just buy lots of other self-help books or get various counseling with no strings attached or see a seminar with someone like Wayne Dyer who you can tell in a second is sincere.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to get the book since we are struggling, thinking that we would get some help. They say you only get one call from the counseling center. Never called and then I called them to get help. I was trying to figure out how. I should have been using my head and wasn't. I still have the books and I haven't had time to really look at them and then I did, they are saying it is too late to send them back and I am going to and I want to get my money back. I need to know how I need to go about to do this though. If anyone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it very much. We need to get our money back for bills.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2013

I saw the FREE MONEY telemarketing Infomercial late one night. At the time, my family and I were on the brink of bankruptcy so it appeared to be a gift from God (It was in fact a Curse from the DEVIL- Kevin Trudeau). I really wish I had checked with this site before I called and ordered "FREE MONEY"! I am an educated person and curse myself often for falling for his **. However, I was smart enough not to use my banking info, debit card, or my credit card but rather a Visa Gift card with exactly the amount needed for the purchase and a throw away cell phone purchased for this transaction only. It was a good thing, as they sold my information - credit card info, address, phone number to others who hounded the heck out of me until the minutes ran out on the phone and I didn't put any more on it. Each of the subsequent calls started off the same way, "You have been awarded money. All you have to do is X Y Z..."

As with one of the other comments I read, there was nothing in the book or pamphlets Mr. Trudeau's business sent me about "FREE MONEY". To get the information about how to apply for grants, subsidies, etc, I had to send MORE money for them to send me the applications and to help me fill out the paperwork. What was sent was all about how to go about looking for money that was already mine that I just may have forgotten I had in old accounts or with the IRS or with various State Revenue Departments and was totally worthless. I still have the book to remind me that if something sounds too good to be true, IT IS! I truly hope this review helps someone else not make the same mistake I made.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2013

I'm sure that I've read over 50 natural cures books and only found less than 5 of them to be useful. Most are just plain useless. Most offer no cures...no specific cures. I'm referring here to Kevin Trudeau's book - Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About. Truth be told, Mr. Trudeau don't want you to know either as I purchased both editions of his natural cures books and got no cures. He promised cures but I got no cures. I got some good information but I got no cures. Nevertheless, I found a much better book.

I found a real natural cures book...loaded with all natural cures. The book is entitled "Natural Cures And Remedies That Can Literally Save Your Life" by James E. Kyles. I bought the book. I read the book. I love the cures in the book..The cures are real...they're all natural and real. I was shocked. Mr. Kyles' book actually lived up to its claims. No fluff or filler words here.

On a scale of one to ten, I give Mr. Kyles' book a 10, and I give Kevin Trudeau's book a 1. I give Mr. Kyles' book "Natural Cures And Remedies That Can Literally Save Your Life" such a high rating because it contains what the author promised it would contain. The book is also well written. Easy to read and loaded with natural cures. Wonderful! I'm very happy that I bought it, and it's priced just right!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2013

Some years back, I purchased a book with my credit card from Kevin Trudeau. The operator asked if I wanted to subscribe to their newsletter. I said no. She insisted. I still said no. Without realizing it, they were charging my credit card $10.00 a month for the newsletter. After I realized this, I called and only got a refund for the month I called but not for the other monies lost.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2013

I got my book and tried the numbers; got people trying to sell more stuff…never got anything from this book but a book…as I know most of the scams he talks about but I was sucker in on make money for free...but I paid him to scam me...try get refund...stop dead in water.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2013

It took 2 weeks for me to receive this book. Since then I have received many phone calls for other products and when ordering this book, the sales person keeps trying to push other products and newsletters that I told her over and over I did not want. I also believe my information has been shared with other sales products.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2013

I am on a fixed income and need every possible dollar I can get. "Free Money" is not free money. It is really just "my money" that I forgot I had left someplace. There wasn't a single thing in the book that I didn't already know. Further, I didn't even get the "free gifts" that were supposed to come with it. All I got was a bunch of phone calls trying desperately to sell me something else I didn't need. How does he get away with this? I would like to get my charge card refunded!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I was thinking about ordering his free money book. I always check online reviews before purchasing anything I have seen on TV. I am glad I checked this out before ordering. I don't have money to waste since I am living on a fixed income.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I wish I had read the on-line comments before getting involved with "Free Money". I ordered the book. Then they insisted that I get the newsletter. Then they insisted I try Free Rewards and Budget Savers Online. They said I would get free gift cards, etc. All I have gotten is more charges to my debit card, more phone calls to buy and everything is tied to magazine subscriptions. No matter how many times I tried to tell them I don't want magazines, they just keep going. I will never do business with them again. He is a thief, charges outrageous shipping, then sends everything together at book rate, even when it is supposed to be FEDEX. I think that is fraud, along with the fraudulent book.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

I ordered these books and not only was I overcharged, but I was told I had no right to cancel the order or return the books! They are full of garbage and Trudeau is a thief! Come November, when his criminal case is to be heard, I hope they throw the book at this conman and put him away for a very long time! He ruins lives, steals money and lies constantly!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

Here is my comment. I know you people want me to lambaste Mr. Trudeau, but I won't!! I bought his tapes, Mega Memory and his book Natural Cures, What They Don't Want You To Know, and you know what?? The Mega Memory tape was excellent, and worked great!! The book itself is also eye-opening and mind-boggling. The stuff this poor man is put through should be a crime!!! I agree with 99.9 % of his book (except the part about vaccines and flu shots). I recommend we help this man as much as possible. Now I know because I said this, I can bet it doesn't even make it to the comments. This just proves my point and Kevin Trudeau’s, that there is a major conspiracy involving the government, big business, the pharmaceutical companies, local government, schools and the fast food industry.

I highly, highly, highly recommend you read this book because it is absolutely appalling the way government has been slowly sticking their noses in our business, and the way the pharmaceutical companies are purposely keeping America sick. Now think about this. If everyone followed this man’s advice, there would be very little illness in America, and the pharmaceutical companies would be out of business. The same goes for the fast food industries!! It's all about the money!!! Call your Congressman, call your senators, write your President, to have this atrocity stopped immediately!! Go to the Kevin Trudeau website and watch the first video, which is the latest and see what this poor man is going through and see how the heartless government is purposely and viciously attacking him and any company he ever did a seminar for.

I would highly recommend it, and read it from cover to cover. If you value your health at all or of family I would read this book. Sorry Consumer Affairs, but this is one person who will not fold under your pressure. So, that leaves one question. Who is paying you off, Consumer Affairs??? Is it big business, the pharmaceutical companies, the government???? Who???? Oh and for your information, I made a copy of this comment, so when you don't print it. I will have enough proof that Kevin Trudeau was right all along. So now you have no choice, but to print this.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2013

I am appreciative for all the reviews. I was going to order the materials again, after years ago having received the book and found nothing informative in it. It told of his experiences but nothing to assist in making the thousands he eluded to in his infomercial. I thought at first I was not processing the information correctly, so I read it again, to no avail. When I saw the new infomercial, interviewing all the people who had profited from the methods in the book, I decided to maybe give it another shot thinking it may have more up-to-date information. Glad I decide to research it prior to ordering it again. Thanks again guys, this has been an eye opener and a confirmation of my gut feeling, "It sounds too good to be true."

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

Ordered his books and never received them but they didn't waste time taking my money out of my account. No way of tracking them, no acct. #, will have to try through bank.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2013

I remember buying this book a while back when I saw the infomercial. I was just too cheap to pay $29.95, plus I had my doubts. So I went on Amazon to look for the same book and found it for $4.00. I ordered it off Amazon and when I received it in the mail and read it, I wasn't impressed. Nothing worked. But I'm thankful that I didn't order it through the infomercial. I feel bad that this guy is still walking around taking advantage of innocent people. We have a judge who sits high and looks low and this Kevin will meet Him one day.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2013

My buddy ordered this scam book "Free Money" after seeing a late night infomercial. The scammer who took his order over the phone charged him $248.99 for the book and other scam services that they were pawning off to this poor guy. As soon as he got off the phone, he realized it was a scam since she was being very vague about the total amount charged and cancellation policies. He immediately contacted his credit card company and reported the card stolen. They put an instant halt on all charges and sent the con-man/thief Trudeau a chargeback. Good to give the bastard a taste of his own medicine! My buddy learned from his mistake, needless to say. God Bless!

Original review: July 17, 2013

A PUBLIC APOLOGY: I worked with Kevin Trudeau for a couple of years. I was a studio engineer at Nightingale-Conant during the late 80's until I got **-canned 16 years ago. I recorded Mega Math and Mega Speed Reading. I condensed Mega Memory from a 6-hour program to a 2-hour program. In order to do that, I had to get Trudeau's OK for the edits, as stipulated in his contract. I had to work through his attorney, because he was in the Federal pen for credit card fraud. I recorded the training tapes for the Nutrition for Life multi-level marketing scheme he was involved with.

I was the low man on the totem pole at Nightingale, and Kevin Trudeau was part of the ** detail I had to deal with. He told me one day, just as an aside, "I spend most of my time in court with lawyers." The speed reading program with Howard Berg was really bad. This was in the day they were publishing 6 cassette programs. Side 12 was Kevin pitching his other products. The program needed a lot of editing, but I was told to push it through fast, and skip the editing. Some distribution company heard it and refused to sell it the way it was, so I was told to re-edit. There was time to do it over, but not time to do it right in the first place.

When I joined Nightingale-Conant in 1987, there were about 250 employees. It was a well-respected, motivational and sales training tape company, the best. I was proud of the stuff I worked on, and I learned a lot. When Trudeau got out of the pen, he and his cellmate Jules got involved in Nutrition for Life, an Amway-style pyramid scheme scam, and we produced the tapes they sold. Not we, I. I recorded him in Studio A for 2 or 3 years, I don't remember many details. Jules did a Yoda impression that he thought was hilarious. I had to record this crap, it was my day job. Trudeau did TV infomercials with Danny Bonaduce about some health products around that time. Nightingale housed the Trudeau Marketing Group in the building for a while, and the morale slid downhill.

People were laid off from Nightingale in a few waves. Mike, Rose, Roger, Steve, and many others. When I was laid off in March of 1997, they fired 50 people that day. The personnel director had a sign on his desk that could be moved around to say, "Have a nice day," or " Take a hike." I took a hike. I'm still pissed off and bummed. It was a good company, and buying into Trudeau's ** cost them their reputation and a lot of jobs, mine among them. There are about 35 people working there now. Trudeau is long gone from Nightingale, and they don't even sell his stuff anymore. He does that on his own. Before you buy from Kevin Trudeau, read on the internet about the complaints against him. I'm not making this ** up. Thanks for letting me rant.

Original review: July 12, 2013

I just ordered the book and received the book within 10 days. I read the book and there wasn't a lot I didn't know in the book. I did get a few tips, but I'm not going to be receiving any free money.. Well, yesterday I got my direct deposit from my job. I live week to week. I looked at my account AND I was missing $60. It says pre-authorized transfer debit. I never agreed to pay anything except for the book and the expensive ** shipping. I also called to cancel that stupid newsletter that I didn't agree to having, and it says it doesn't recognize my number. This man is a crook. He needs to go down and pay all of us back for loss and suffering, and humiliation etc.

Original review: July 7, 2013

I like Kevin Trudeau's message without a doubt but upon ordering the Free Money book while still watching him on his infomercial. Upon ordering the book, Free Money, a rep on the other line tells me if I wanted all special offers and to give him a credit card info. as a method of payment. I told him that I didn't think I had enough money for all the other stuff, that I want to pay for the book only. I asked him how much for the book and he dodged my question and kept pressing on. I told him exhaustedly that I didn't have enough and going back and forth exchanging each other's reasons without hearing each other out. I ordered the book per se, but never received it. How's that look like for the whistle-blower Kevin Trudeau?

Original review: July 5, 2013

I decided to give this a try. The representative Bridgett was not clear in what she was actually charging me. It was weird how she asked for my credit card info first before completing the order. I said some of what she suggested sounded good. By then the amount was up to $230. She started offering more stuff like a free 30-day trial with a financial advisor. After 30 days, it would be $59.99 and then something else after that. I said no to the rest and asked what would my total be if I got all of that. She said she already charged my card for $278.24. I was mad. She basically charged me before she was finished offering me more things to buy and didn't tell me a total before actually processing it. I told her that it's common practice to tell a customer the total and then ask if I would like to purchase that. I told her I would have wanted to use another card because I didn't have enough on that one. She said, "Well, it went through already."

I asked for a confirmation number or reference number. She said they don't give those. You just need your name and zip code to access your account through the customer service line... somewhere else I would have to call. But of course it doesn't show up for 24-48 hours. I called to ask if I could just cancel it when the order shows up. The other rep was quick to say that by that time, it would already be processed and shipped and I couldn't cancel or alter the shipment. I started getting a funny feeling in the middle of when I supposedly ordered everything, now it's really sounding like a scam. I asked what if I just return to sender. He said I wouldn't get my money back because it would take 6 weeks and that was over the time frame for 30-day money back.

On the infomercial, he said you are guaranteed a full refund if you don't make $500 in 30 days or just don't like it. Customer service says otherwise. After reading so many people never get the product to begin with or get charged months later for subscriptions they never ordered, I felt I needed to act fast. I called my bank and transferred all the money I had into another account and put a stop payment on this order. As soon as a couple transactions clear, I am closing that account and they won't get a dime from me!!!

It felt good to outsmart them and not be out of any money. That infomercial even said that the government is trying to ban the book to stop everyone from getting all that free money that is due to us. I think they are trying to ban it so he can't scam any more people. Karma's a **. He will probably end up with testicular cancer as he own payback.

Original review: June 3, 2013

I ordered the product for a certain amount. Then they charged me almost $60. I never got the book. They claimed I have received it within a week which is a lie because in order to get it that soon, I would have had to pay an additional amount. When I called to get reimbursed, I was told I had to fill out a form and send it back and then they would reimburse the money and I'm still waiting for the form. Don't allow yourself to be scammed.

Original review: May 11, 2013

Well, there is another scam on the TV infomercial world. Kevin Trudeau promises money, money, money if you buy his book. All it cost me is $95 in charges, $35 in a bank NSF, because when you cancel one service (the crappy newsletter), they don't cancel all (the free money coach for instance, that charged me when I was unaware). Note to all those reading this, Kevin is a scam artist who makes ton of money off you believing his crap. And I am of the mind to never again give any info including credit card to any caller or info commercial king. Please avoid this scam.

Original review: April 26, 2013

I was very lucky. I decided to check out the book (Free Money) at the library instead of purchasing it. Some kind soul had written a footnote in the book. "Look up web search complaints against Mr. Trudeau." So I did my research and was very shocked at what I found. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing any of his books in the future. He's just another scammer and player out to make a buck off of innocent people!

Original review: April 16, 2013

What a total loss of money! His books leave the reader with little or should I say no information, except how the government, FDA and others persecute him and try to prevent him from telling us (the consumer) all his valid and true info! Do not buy these books. You will not profit. You will not find any amazing, new found wealth or health cures. Google what you need to know and save yourself the heartache of financial woes and distress by ordering these worthless books. This is all about Kevin making money!

Original review: April 7, 2013

I watched Kevin Trudeau's infomercial about his books. It looked legitimate and so I ordered the book(s) mentioned. Well, here it is two months later and I still haven't received them. I finally called them. Needless to say, I can't get my money back from this phone number. They referred me to the customer dept. which never answered my call. At 75 years old, I should know better, but I fell for it. My only excuse might be that I was recovering from a long hospitalization, and was bored and gullible. There's no excuse at all, really. What is my recourse?

Original review: April 4, 2013

I foolishly ordered the Free Money books package thinking it had insight to knowledge not known by the general public. What else would I pay $149 for?! Nope, after receiving the books there was nothing more than several web search results cleverly written and suggestions such as starting your own dog walking business and posting your belongings on Craigslist! Imagine!

I went to the website and read in the disclaimer link, Arbitration Agreement: "This arbitration agreement (agreement) affects your legal rights and remedies by providing that disputes between you and the seller of this product (company), must be resolved through binding arbitration, rather than in a court. Please read this agreement carefully. You accept the terms of this agreement by retaining the product(s) shipped in connection with this agreement (the product) for more than fourteen (14) days after receipt. If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, you may return the product to company within fourteen (14) days of receipt at no cost to you."

So I called and was told a secret code to give to the agent I speak to when requesting my refund and RA #. Upon giving the code, I learned it was nothing more than a code for their, already promised, money back guarantee, and that I would still be responsible for shipping and handling. The agent went as far as to suggest shipping them at the book rate so it would be cheaper. All in all, it was a waste of money, time and a huge ripoff! Buyer beware! Remember when your mother told you, "You can't get something for nothing"? In this case, you can get ripped off for the promise of receiving something for nothing too!

Original review: March 25, 2013

I went through the entire book and checked into all of the free websites that Trudeau (should be "Lie"deau) listed, in his book. For each website, I tried approximately 18 people that I know... family members, deceased and living, extended family members (in-laws) and my two best girlfriends. All the women had 2 and 3 last names, which I also checked. There was nothing for anyone, zip, zero. The websites I did not try were eighteen dollars a pop!

Original review: March 13, 2013

Debt Cures by Kevin Trudeau - I have tried every website that is in his book and let me tell you, they are not free first of all. They cost anywhere from $1.95 up to $29.95. I wasted my money on his books and all my time. What a thief he is. I cannot believe so many of us fall for his lies? When you are in a hard place and do not know where your next house payment, car payment or food is going to come, and this man can go on TV and lie and take your money? Boy, he will have to answer one day for all his lies and BS. How does he get away with this? I even tried to get my money back and was told "no" they do not do that. I know he has all these people on his show that make all this money. What a "scam." Mr. Trudeau, thanks for nothing. You will one day have to answer for all your lies. Thanks. While you are counting all your money and do not have a worry about where your next meal is going to come from, just remember that there are a lot of people that really believed and trusted in you. Word of the wise: "Run everyone, run."

Original review: Feb. 21, 2013

They are thieves. When I ordered the books, they offered all kinds of things and products. I only got the membership. A month later, I called and cancelled. Well, they still keep charging me. I have canceled twice and now I have to get the bank involved to make sure they don't bill me again. They need to be investigated.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2013

Free Money Books - This is a scam. Do not order these books; they charge your credit card and never deliver the books. Now, I will fight these charges with the credit card company. Once you order, they have annoying little persons call and call and call, trying to get you to buy their newsletter. They do not understand no!

Kevin Trudeau Company Information