Kevin Trudeau

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

851 Kevin Trudeau Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 4, 2014

I ordered his books and found them very helpful. I would not return them, and I would recommend them. Although what he says is not the mainstream thinking, it is the thinking of those who are getting healthy. These kind of healthy people are not the ones to go to this website and complain. I have all his books. I have enjoyed every one of them. I especially enjoyed the Your Wish is Your Command CDs. I share them with everyone. But the people who do give me crap about his information are people who just want to crap on others, and that's ok. They are not those I hang out with.

Original review: July 4, 2014

I ordered the book like many, I am sure, on a desperate night trying to figure out how to pay the bills. The over the phone order took an extraordinarily long time! "Deal" after "deal", I said no to as many as I could. I think toward the end they wore me down and finally said yes. I was promised gift cards that I never saw. Four months later I realize I am out $350.00 for a $19.99 book!!

Apparently, I signed up for something I DID not even realize. How ironic, a book that is to get you money actually cost you more than you would even get. By the time I had time to look at the book, my return time was over. I started to skim over the books and realized that either these things DID not apply to me and the rest were websites that were just as meaningless. You would think after all these years I would learn that if it's too good to be true it probably is! Do not get sucked in too!!

Original review: May 24, 2014

Kevin Trudeau's books are nothing more than state website Public Information. I found no resources that were beneficial to me... in any way. Kevin is a smuk who loves to hear himself talk. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY and TIME!!!

Original review: May 8, 2014

After hubby watched Kevin's show about the free money, he ordered the book... I looked up reviews online and showed him what other people had to say... Quickly, he called to cancel the order and got a lot of runaround... I went to the bank and canceled the debit cards and sure enough they tried to get the money within the next hour. I'm glad to say we escaped the financial scam, thanks to customer reviews.

Original review: April 16, 2014

Phone number response: 1-800-705-1753. That's for the 'Free Money' book. Good luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kevin Trudeau?

Original review: April 2, 2014

I ordered Kevin's book over 2 mos. ago and I still haven't received the book I paid for. I can't find the number from the infomercial so I guess I am just screwed. If anyone knows the number, I would appreciate it if I could get it! At least I would get what I paid for even though I hear it's not worth the paper it's printed on!

Original review: March 20, 2014

We are a recruiting firm and placed a sales person with Kevin approximately twenty years ago. He did not pay any money on the account despite false promises to do so. Shortly thereafter all contact information went dead. We were unable to track him for years. Eventually the time expired for us to collect. The sales person has been employed by Kevin and his successor companies since his start (over twenty years). The sales person never knew we were not paid. Our fee was well in excess of $13,000. His transgression caused our sales person as well as my company to not receive any compensation for services rendered and obviously was of value to Kevin as evidenced by the continued successful employment of our candidate.

Original review: March 19, 2014

Purchased the following: Natures Cures (updated edition), Natural Cures Revealed, The Weight Loss Cure ("They Don't Want You To Know About). They were interested reading but worthless. Mr. Trudeau was always on late night television and presented a likeable face.

Original review: March 12, 2014

I've been seeing this commercial for years. I decided to order the book, for one thing when you call to place an order, the reps are trying to sell you everything, really hasty. They don't take no very easy. I finally got through to the rep that all I wanted was the free money book. I paid $19.99 for the book and was charged $ 11.95 for shipping, what a rip off. When I received the book I could hardly wait to find out how to get some free money, there is no free money. Everything he had in the book I knew already, how to get help for your lights through your cities resources. There was nothing in that book indicating how to get lost money, nor money you might have left in an old bank account, nothing, nada. He even guaranteed that if you follow his steps that you could get $500 in one month. All lies, to tell you the truth someone needs to sue his fill in the blanks....a-s for false advertisement, I see how he made all that money. He thinks he's a modern day Robin Hood. No he"s just a hood. Kevin, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. I'M sending that useless book back to sender. As I should have known anything that seems too good to be true don't believe. Thank you

Original review: March 11, 2014

We ordered his book and he recommended a site stating that there was free money out there for low income families. We received a phone call stating they were a rep. With this great program for us and a lawyer would contact us in the next 2-4 weeks. They asked for my bank account over the phone for the package of paperwork to get the ball rolling for the lawyer. I was entitled to a huge amount of money for our family to buy a new home and further my business. The processing fee was $475.00 and we were entitled to over $22,000 for free!

I received one folder with a government logo and American flag on it, with fake papers with a fake lawyer's name on it with a disconnected phone number! They emptied our bank account the next day and wrote themselves another check by phone about a month later. When I took all of this to our bank, they called the phone number on the check and it was a recording of 2 male hillbillies saying, "Ha ha ha, you've reached Sealis clearing pro. Ha ha ha we can't get to the phone right now, ha ha ha!" Then the phone hangs up.

We went to the police dept. and he looked up this company the book recommended and they stated this is a scam and these people go from city to city with a fake name, phone number and PO Box and bank accounts and get the money then close the account. This is another pyramid scam. They also prey on people who are slow and have them open accounts and have items shipped to their house and use them then disappear when they're done with these people. Sick sick sick!!! This guy should be punished! He's just like Bernie Madoff! Sick! He's sick and cause our family a lot of financial trouble! I wish he was dead sicko! I've read thousands of posts with tragedies like this because of this horrible! Sick pig!!!!!!!! Die you sicko! I know you will rot in hell!! You piece of **!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2014

This book is presented on his TV commercial as being all the information you need to get the money that is out there for everyone. He actually states that in the book the work is done for you and will take you directly to where you need to go to achieve getting it. This is a lie. The book is not only poorly written and full of his uninteresting opinions, but the information given to access money is not only misgiving but very untrue in certain circumstances. I am a woman who owns her own business and looking to expand with government contracts. This book not only was of no help but is presented as already guiding you to the information that you need. All he has done is throw out a few website addresses that anyone can find on their own. The information stops there.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

I feel that if you are out to help your fellow man you should really help them, not charge them an arm and a leg for what you falsely say, can bring them tons of money. I work a lot with my local librarians. I managed to get a copy thru my library of Kevin Trudeau's book "Free Money". I had copied lots of these websites down to find non work for me or that I had to pay money to use them. All I can tell people is yes it's all about how much money you can take from others to further your life, but if everyone would just check with their local library they will find that the book they are looking for might be available thru them. I don't have a lot of money. I am on a fixed income. When I go to the library I try and tell everyone I come in contact with how to get things for free.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2014

When I called to order the book on February 12th, 2014, while speaking with the representative I was online checking to see if the book was available at Walmart. The only reason why I was checking online was because she told me the book was not available in stores. But it was and I let her know that it was at Walmart for $14.00. Also I advised her that I would not be placing my order; however, I had already given her my credit card number. Well the book was being offered on TV for $19.00 and the charge on my credit card is $43.85. This is a scam. Why would she charge me $43.85 if the offer on TV was $19.00?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

I worked with Kevin Trudeau for a couple of years. I was a studio engineer at Nightingale-Conant during the late 80's until I got fired 16 years ago. I recorded Mega Math and Mega Speed Reading. I condensed Mega Memory from 6 a hour program to a 2 hour program. In order to do that, I had to get Trudeau's OK for the edits, as stipulated in his contract. I had to work through his attorney, because he was in the Federal pen for credit card fraud. I recorded the training tapes for the Nutrition for Life multi-level marketing scheme he was involved with.

I was the low man on the totem pole at Nightingale, and Kevin Trudeau was part of the stuff I had to deal with. He told me one day, just as an aside, "I spend most of my time in court with lawyers." The speed reading program with Howard ** was really bad. This was in the day they were publishing 6 cassette programs. Side 12 was Kevin pitching his other products. The program needed a lot of editing, but I was told to push it through fast, and skip the editing. Some distribution company heard it and refused to sell it the way it was, so I was told to re-edit. There was time to do it over, but not time to do it right in the first place.

When I joined Nightingale-Conant in 1987, there were about 250 employees. It was a well respected motivational and sales training tape company, the best. I was proud of the stuff I worked on, and I learned a lot. When Trudeau got out of the pen, he and his cellmate Jules got involved in Nutrition for Life, an Amway-style pyramid scheme scam, and we produced the tapes they sold.

Not we, I. I recorded him in Studio A for 2 or 3 years, I don't remember many details. Jules did a Yoda impression that he thought was hilarious. I had to record this crap, it was my day job. Trudeau did TV infomercials with Danny ** about some health products around that time. Nightingale housed the Trudeau Marketing Group in the building for a while, and the morale slid downhill.

People were laid off from Nightingale in a few waves. Mike, Rose, Roger, Steve, and many others. When I was laid off in March of 1997, they fired 50 people that day. The personnel director had a sign on his desk that could be moved around to say, "Have a nice day," or "Take a hike" I took a hike. I'm still pissed off and bummed. It was a good company, and buying into Trudeau's scams cost them their reputation and a lot of jobs, mine among them. I think there are about 35 people working there now. Trudeau is long gone from Nightingale, and they don't even sell his stuff anymore. He does that on his own. Before you buy from Kevin Trudeau, read on the internet about the complaints against him. I'm not making this stuff up. Thanks for letting me rant.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

After seeing the infomercial, I placed an order for the Debt Cures II. To begin with, the items advertised as "free" became discounted purchase. Each time, I rejected an offer, there was another offer, all of which I declined. I was then advised that the order would take 3 to 5 weeks for delivery however, I could pay additional shipping for expedited delivery within 1 week. After reading various reviews, 2 days after placing the order I called to cancel and was advised book had shipped. My refund would take 2-3 weeks and would be minus the shipping charges. Everything about this screams SCAM!!! They want to charge for expedited shipping but item ships in 2 days. SCAM. I will also be contacting the BBB and any other agency that I feel appropriate.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

After ordering the books and finding out on my cc statement that I was being charged shipping & handling twice, I told them I would be returning the books as soon as I receive them (they also tried to make me pay for expedited shipping, no less telling me otherwise 5-6 weeks). I received them in less than a week. They said the S&H is nonrefundable. I sent the books back unopened and just noticed I received a $4.00 less credit on my return!!! Haven't called them yet, but I am sure they will tell me its a 'handling' fee for returns. On the commercial, he says he makes no money on the books, simply he's making it on S&H!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2014

I was informed about the "Free Money" book through a friend. He wanted the book for a Christmas gift; and he insisted that I called the 1800 number, which was advertised on the infomercial. I recently made the call and purchased the book. Two days later, the customer service representatives called me over five times about subscribing to this **. I told them over and over that I wasn't interested b/c this was a gift for somebody else. They continued to bug me so I told them to cancel my order especially since the ** overcharged me. They told me they wouldn't b/c that wasn't a good excuse to cancel. I contacted my bank and hopefully these ** get in trouble for getting over on people. I should have known better b/c "Nothing in life is free."

Original review: Feb. 4, 2014

AFTER they took my credit card information, they told me that unless I also ordered their newsletter for $14.99 a month, they would be sending me the outdated version of the books I just ordered. Then they wouldn't let me cancel my order. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2014

Please refund the money you have just debited from my account if you will not deliver me the money book and the online coaching. You debit a lot of money, I just lost my job, that's why I trusted you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2014

I ordered Cures That Government Don't Want You To Know for $29.95 and book free of charge. Instead I was charged a book to weight which I don't need. I weigh 140 lbs.and a non smoker which I also do not need and was charged $67.00. Please help me to get monies back and since I had a computer, the books were worthless. The books are still sitting in the shelves where I put them a few years ago.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2013

I ordered the free money book for $19.95 and I told them that is all I wanted. Today I check my checking account and they have charged me $83.80. I called the number on my bank statement and spoke to a Christian and requested the shipment be cancelled. He said it had been mailed out already. I then asked for a Return authorization number. He gave me a number. I asked how long it would take for refund and how much. I was told I would only get $59.95 in several weeks. The rest of the money was for shipping of all the other books they were sending that I did not request. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL CHARGE YOU MUCH MORE THAN YOU AUTHORIZED.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2013

Ordered a book back on August 2013, and have still not received it. Have called the 1-800 number three times and still have not received the book.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2013

I saw Kevin Trudeau's Free Money infomercial and I was really intrigued. When something sounds too good to be true, I do research. I found multiple sites and read reviews of the book. For every 10 reviews at least 7 were negative and there were 400 reviews on just ONE site. Most reviews are the same... "he is misleading". So then I came across a recent news article (Nov. 2013) about how he is facing prison time for his misleading products. I will post the link at the bottom. So needless to say, I will not be buying his books... my local library has a copy that I might check out.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

At one time, I worked for a small health food company that has a store front in Virginia Beach, VA as well as a mail order company. I worked in the Mail Order department. We would often get calls from people saying "Doctor" Trudeau recommended us in his book as a place that sold natural cures for cancer among other things. The calls would always baffle us, as we make no such claims for anything we sell. We simply sold vitamins and supplements. After receiving a large number of these calls in just a couple of days, I became curious and looked up "Dr. Trudeau" to see what this was all about. Sure enough I discovered his "Natural Cures" book and in the reference material there was our company name under Cancer Cures in the reference pages just as the callers had said.

I read all I could find on the internet and discovered what a fraud he actual is. After that, I made it a point of explaining to people who called that he was not a Doctor of anything, but I refrained from saying anything actually against him, not wanting to cause any trouble for our company. But that changed the afternoon a young mother called to ask if we had a certain herb Dr. Trudeau had suggested in his book to cure her infant's ear ache. I asked a few questions and discovered this child was running an extremely high fever and had been crying for hours (I could hear the infant as we talked) but the young mother did not want to take the baby to a doctor.

Because, believing the garbage she had read she told me, "I am afraid to take my baby to the emergency room, Dr. Trudeau says they will give him many unnecessary test and drugs that aren't safe. I don't want to harm my baby with artificial, man-made remedies." I broke my vow of silence in that moment and informed the young woman not only was the author of the book not a doctor but he was a convicted criminal who had served time for fraud. I told her that putting her trust in such a man might cost her child his hearing and begged her to get some real medical help. She hung up promising to go to the hospital and I have always hoped that I did get through to her.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2013

I just felt the need to let you guys know that every single time I ordered a book or CD, I told the operator SEVERAL TIMES that I DID NOT want to subscribe to a monthly newsletter or be charged ANY ADDITIONAL MONTHLY FEES and EVERY SINGLE TIME, about six months later, I would look at my bank statements and notice that REOCCURRING CHARGES were coming out of my bank account. Every time I called to dispute the monthly charges, they would only refund me for one month. I also must say that so many of the other companies do the same thing. You just need to know that if you place an order for $20 bucks, that you WILL END UP PAYING AT LEAST $100 bucks more than what you anticipated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2013

I found the packing slip for the book. The number I called to cancel "the newsletter" is: 1-888-856-9046. You can cancel your order of the book or the newsletter, Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Eastern time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2013

His so-called club, GIN, is a scam based on lies. He has torn families apart, ruined countless lives and made claims and promises that were bogus. He needs serious mental help.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2013

I ordered online based on the TV ad on 11/29/13 and I am quite sure entered all my info correctly as I order online very frequently without problems. When my order confirmation came up, it was for $99.74 instead of the expected approx. $40.00. I immediately contacted Customer Service to report this and cancel the order or correct it. I did not hear back and followed up with 2 additional emails which they say they got. But they shipped 12/2 anyway, have a no cancellation policy and money back guarantee will still cost me $30.00 in shipping.

This is such a blatant ripoff scheme it makes me wonder about his alleged guilt although until now I had respected his cause. This is the type of working scam that our regulations should definitely guard us against and people doing business this way deserve to feel the helplessness of prison just as we feel the helplessness to protect ourselves.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2013

I bought his book and subscribed to his Free Money Newsletter for 14.95 dollars every month by automatic debit from my checking account. I didn't find the newsletter helpful. I tried to search online for a way to cancel my subscription, but could not find a phone number to call. What I did find in the newsletter was an email address for submitting questions to the newsletter about free money, grants or whatever. I emailed Kevin Trudeau, asking him to cancel my subscription two months ago. I never got a reply and my checking account was debited 14.95 dollars on December 2, 2013. My bank wants me to come in and get a new debit card so he can't get any more of my money. How can he legally conduct business this way?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2013

If the Huckster were genuine, he wouldn't need the money from the sale of his Free Money. He could send his book without charging for either the book or postage, let alone 'Processing and Handling.' I feel sorry for the Gullibles' Travails.

Kevin Trudeau Company Information