Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kevin Trudeau

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kevin Trudeau Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

So after watching an infomercial for 30 mins, I finally decided to get on the phone to place the order. Fully prepared for all the upselling, I listened carefully as "Kevin" the call center rep read his script. The offer was for Free Money book and 2 other "FREE" books for $19.95 plus S&H. First red flag was the 2nd charge of $11.95 for S&H of the supposable "FREE" book Debt Cures. Infomercial made no reference to having to pay extra for this "FREE" book!!! Poor Kevin was caught off guard when I said "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA". Needless to say I didn't take their supposed 'FREE' offer... I could tell he really didn't want to have to keep reading that script full of over charging upsells, I flustered him. So I said NO to the $149.95 for annual newsletter subscription. Couldn't believe the amount. The next 2 upsells is what really sent me over the edge.

"For $5.95 we will send you the updated version". "Wait WHATTT did you just say? I'm ordering a new book and you are selling me something OLD?" After a few choice words about that I let him continue. "For an additional $5.95 we will include insurance on your package for theft or damage"? That's when I really lost it and told the dude cancel the order. Had the package NOT arrived and I DIDN'T pay for the insurance Kevin told me I could always dispute it with my Credit Card company! HUH! UNACCEPTABLE!!! Obviously if this company is trying to make you insure your package they have a lot not making it thus probably not sending em. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Run and run fast!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Never Paid His Employees -- I knew Kevin Trudeau as an employee. He owes me two weeks' pay and never paid up. We took him to court in Chicago, Illinois and we were shocked that he got away without paying the salary because he opened up another company under a different name. The persons involved were a man named "Doc", who by the way, was a fraud and never had a diploma for being anything but a fraud. There was also a woman named Julie. I was the main executive secretary there. He ran a company under the name of Memory Master Institute. People would pay with their credit cards and when they wanted their money back, they could not get their money back.

He is a definite fraud! He scammed hundreds of people out of their money this way. Once they had your credit card money--you were doomed. They worked together to close down the offices they had and a man was shot. I can't remember the exact location, but if someone knew where Memory Master Institute was located, I could verify it. I was not the only person owed for labor. Kevin Trudeau was under "watch" with the Chicago Authorities for mail fraud. He has a long, long history of being a fraud. I couldn't believe it when I saw him on television. BEWARE ALL BUYERS! HE IS A FRAUD AND A COWARD. HE LIVED ON YOUR MONEY AND YOUR GRIEF! STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I ordered the book and the total seemed to be $32.95. I was charged $43.95 because I didn't order all the other items offered. When I got the book I first noticed a discrepancy. He said there was a web address where you could apply for money to tide you over while you were waiting for your grant. It was nowhere to be found. When I called their customer service dept. I was told I would only be told the address if I subscribed to their newsletter.

I then wrote to 50 of the grant sources listed in the book. 3 answered back. All stated they never gave individuals grants, of the rest 20 never answered at all, and the rest came back return to sender addressee unknown. I had spent almost $300 in postage and writing supplies and demanded they pay me back. They sent me back the $43.95. This creature needs to be hung by the neck until dead, slowly, painfully, after being castrated with a rusty knife. Everything else in his book I already knew or was complete and utter B.S.

Original review: July 21, 2015

I love natural cures and thought this would be worth the money. I ordered the book for $29.95 plus shipping and handling. It was not at all what I expected. My husband has a very slow metabolism and NOT ONE of the suggestions that he tried for weight loss worked. In my opinion, the purpose of the book is just to sell other things. This man is very good at making people believe what he wants them to.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I did not understand the book and l never saw a penny. Do not buy this book. They lying about everything. I'm very disappointed about this book. l was very happy before but after a reading l did not understand and l try but it was a waste of money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kevin Trudeau?

Original review: April 12, 2015

I found nothing but regurgitated information already available on the internet for free. This book is filled with a lot of useless information and anything slightly useful as I mentioned is available on the internet for free. Most of the book is filled with fluff to make the book look big. Kevin quotes a few web sites, provides information on common sense sources of money, and includes plugs from his other book Debt Cures. Really don't waste your money, you will be sorry you bought the book.

Original review: April 6, 2015

After buying this book Free Money there was not one benefit to buying it. To me this book should be called Spend you money for nothing. This book say it was updated in 2013. In Chapter 1 through Chapter 20. I have not got any help. For example Grants. I want to finish my College Education but I can't find one grant out of this book to help me. There is a chapter dealing with Attorney Help. You can call a college nearby for attorney help and this attorney was graduating from college and he or she would help "Free". I called this Free Money Counselor and asked for a refund but he said no. Anyway I have learned through my counselor to avoid problem like this.

Original review: March 27, 2015

Ordering the free money book - I placed an order for the main book and only the book. I asked for the shipping and handling fees first and foremost. I was told the book was 19.95 plus 11.95 S&H and that the total was 31.90. When I refused all the special offers and asked my total, I was told I was being charged 43.95. I was informed that offer was the only way to get the book. I tried to cancel the order and was told that I couldn't do that unless I called customer service. I was refused the opportunity to speak to a supervisor. The order hadn't been charged to my card, so I should be able to cancel but they said it was too late.

Original review: March 11, 2015

A few years ago, I was a call center rep who sold his books before he was exposed as a fraud. Something smelled fishy when I noticed I couldn't cancel customer orders or remove extra items if callers changed their mind about purchasing the additional products. The only thing I could do give them another customer service number, and they'd sometimes call back and say the number was out of order! Fast forward to 2014, and I see him on the show "American Greed Scams." That explained everything. I think some companies are actually still taking tele-orders for his books even though they probably know he's a con-artist. Just sad.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

Completely useless book. Fake claims. Charged $23.90 for shipping. Scammer and Liar - Kevin Trudeau!!! Not the good person he poses to be. I only ordered Free Money, which was suppose to have a lot of bonus offers and free shipping, but instead they charge me $43.85!!! Be aware! I got no free money!I Hate this guy!

Kevin Trudeau Company Information