Kevin Trudeau

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I found the book was helpful during 6 months of unemployment. No scams, just really helpful ideas, work at home jobs, and I even found unclaimed money for me and family members. Hey worked for me!

Couple years ago I bought Kevin Trudeau, Free Money book, off one of those late night tv specials. I think another book was thrown in for free, it was a How to Extreme Coupon. He says, "if you read my book and follow what it says, the book will pay for itself." It did. I haven't got any large sums of money but have gotten $3, $5, $10 checks here and there, when I put forth the effort to do some of the thing he says to do. I will go back and read it at different times, when a certain part of the book pertains to my life. There's great advice on college grants in the book. My big money savings will be when my kids are heading to college.

Kevin Trudeau doesn't make a penny? NOT one! He claims it's a public service? I didn't buy the book. I watched the TV show for 3 minutes shaking my head wondering who would buy this line. I went to google to see reviews and 845 neg. reviews popped up right away. UNBELIEVABLE! Seems like the only public service Kevin is doing is pissing people off across America and he's still allowed to sell his book? PEOPLE, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON LATE NIGHT TV OR INFO STUFF, IT IS ALL A SCAM!!!

The Free Money book by Kevin Trudeau is a piece of crap! What a waste of money! Kevin should be held accountable for his "creative" story telling, where he lured many Americans to believe he was offering a product that would really help uncover hidden treasures, but no, you couldn't be further from the truth if you order this book. This guy is terrible! Nothing original in this book - this is stuff that's already out there. KEVIN is a fraud, this book is a fraud, the success stories in the book are a fraud and I am out of $37.00! You suck Kevin!

I ordered the book after being bombarded/suckered by the infomercial. There was not one new thing there that is not common knowledge... to include the state and federal found money websites, which everyone knows about already!! I feel so friggin suckered, it's not funny! Then called to return and the customer non-service rep threatened to hang up on me because I started out with "I would like to return the crappy book." She said I was cursing??? Maybe she's a tad sensitive because so many are calling to get their money back...

Then I find out they overcharged shipping $11.95 (they charged extra for a free 3 sheet of paper 25 easy ways to make money book of... Again total obvious nonsense!). But to make it hurt worse... I would have to pay for shipping to return, thus wanting you to spend another $10~$12 on shipping to get $19.95 back (what a scam)??? Scam... Scam... Scam and he said he don't profit (BS). I am sure his charity gives him a giant salary! I am embarrassed and wish I read this site first! Don't buy it. I am grateful I did not sucker into any added deals that made it hard to get off the phone from the original order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kevin Trudeau?

Ordered book from a late night infomercial. The sales girl tried to sell me a slew of other things all of which I refused. We got to the end of the extra products I did not want, it was beginning to sound like a scam, so I asked her "before you run this, how much would the charge be to my card?" The shipping price was double so I asked her to cancel the order. She stated she would do that. I got a sales call still trying to sell me the offers I had refused. I told them to take me off their call list. My credit card was charged for the canceled order and got the books. When I asked them why the order was run without authorization after my canceling the order they said it was an automated station, not a person and once they take the credit card number it can't be canceled. They offered to credit my card for 10.00. However if I returned the items I would not get my money back, only the 29.95 for the book! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

So after watching an infomercial for 30 mins, I finally decided to get on the phone to place the order. Fully prepared for all the upselling, I listened carefully as "Kevin" the call center rep read his script. The offer was for Free Money book and 2 other "FREE" books for $19.95 plus S&H. First red flag was the 2nd charge of $11.95 for S&H of the supposable "FREE" book Debt Cures. Infomercial made no reference to having to pay extra for this "FREE" book!!! Poor Kevin was caught off guard when I said "WHOA, WHOA, WHOA". Needless to say I didn't take their supposed 'FREE' offer... I could tell he really didn't want to have to keep reading that script full of over charging upsells, I flustered him. So I said NO to the $149.95 for annual newsletter subscription. Couldn't believe the amount. The next 2 upsells is what really sent me over the edge.

"For $5.95 we will send you the updated version". "Wait WHATTT did you just say? I'm ordering a new book and you are selling me something OLD?" After a few choice words about that I let him continue. "For an additional $5.95 we will include insurance on your package for theft or damage"? That's when I really lost it and told the dude cancel the order. Had the package NOT arrived and I DIDN'T pay for the insurance Kevin told me I could always dispute it with my Credit Card company! HUH! UNACCEPTABLE!!! Obviously if this company is trying to make you insure your package they have a lot not making it thus probably not sending em. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Run and run fast!!!

Never Paid His Employees -- I knew Kevin Trudeau as an employee. He owes me two weeks' pay and never paid up. We took him to court in Chicago, Illinois and we were shocked that he got away without paying the salary because he opened up another company under a different name. The persons involved were a man named "Doc", who by the way, was a fraud and never had a diploma for being anything but a fraud. There was also a woman named Julie. I was the main executive secretary there. He ran a company under the name of Memory Master Institute. People would pay with their credit cards and when they wanted their money back, they could not get their money back.

He is a definite fraud! He scammed hundreds of people out of their money this way. Once they had your credit card money--you were doomed. They worked together to close down the offices they had and a man was shot. I can't remember the exact location, but if someone knew where Memory Master Institute was located, I could verify it. I was not the only person owed for labor. Kevin Trudeau was under "watch" with the Chicago Authorities for mail fraud. He has a long, long history of being a fraud. I couldn't believe it when I saw him on television. BEWARE ALL BUYERS! HE IS A FRAUD AND A COWARD. HE LIVED ON YOUR MONEY AND YOUR GRIEF! STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

I ordered the book and the total seemed to be $32.95. I was charged $43.95 because I didn't order all the other items offered. When I got the book I first noticed a discrepancy. He said there was a web address where you could apply for money to tide you over while you were waiting for your grant. It was nowhere to be found. When I called their customer service dept. I was told I would only be told the address if I subscribed to their newsletter.

I then wrote to 50 of the grant sources listed in the book. 3 answered back. All stated they never gave individuals grants, of the rest 20 never answered at all, and the rest came back return to sender addressee unknown. I had spent almost $300 in postage and writing supplies and demanded they pay me back. They sent me back the $43.95. This creature needs to be hung by the neck until dead, slowly, painfully, after being castrated with a rusty knife. Everything else in his book I already knew or was complete and utter B.S.

I love natural cures and thought this would be worth the money. I ordered the book for $29.95 plus shipping and handling. It was not at all what I expected. My husband has a very slow metabolism and NOT ONE of the suggestions that he tried for weight loss worked. In my opinion, the purpose of the book is just to sell other things. This man is very good at making people believe what he wants them to.

I did not understand the book and l never saw a penny. Do not buy this book. They lying about everything. I'm very disappointed about this book. l was very happy before but after a reading l did not understand and l try but it was a waste of money.

I found nothing but regurgitated information already available on the internet for free. This book is filled with a lot of useless information and anything slightly useful as I mentioned is available on the internet for free. Most of the book is filled with fluff to make the book look big. Kevin quotes a few web sites, provides information on common sense sources of money, and includes plugs from his other book Debt Cures. Really don't waste your money, you will be sorry you bought the book.

After buying this book Free Money there was not one benefit to buying it. To me this book should be called Spend you money for nothing. This book say it was updated in 2013. In Chapter 1 through Chapter 20. I have not got any help. For example Grants. I want to finish my College Education but I can't find one grant out of this book to help me. There is a chapter dealing with Attorney Help. You can call a college nearby for attorney help and this attorney was graduating from college and he or she would help "Free". I called this Free Money Counselor and asked for a refund but he said no. Anyway I have learned through my counselor to avoid problem like this.

Ordering the free money book - I placed an order for the main book and only the book. I asked for the shipping and handling fees first and foremost. I was told the book was 19.95 plus 11.95 S&H and that the total was 31.90. When I refused all the special offers and asked my total, I was told I was being charged 43.95. I was informed that offer was the only way to get the book. I tried to cancel the order and was told that I couldn't do that unless I called customer service. I was refused the opportunity to speak to a supervisor. The order hadn't been charged to my card, so I should be able to cancel but they said it was too late.

A few years ago, I was a call center rep who sold his books before he was exposed as a fraud. Something smelled fishy when I noticed I couldn't cancel customer orders or remove extra items if callers changed their mind about purchasing the additional products. The only thing I could do give them another customer service number, and they'd sometimes call back and say the number was out of order! Fast forward to 2014, and I see him on the show "American Greed Scams." That explained everything. I think some companies are actually still taking tele-orders for his books even though they probably know he's a con-artist. Just sad.

Completely useless book. Fake claims. Charged $23.90 for shipping. Scammer and Liar - Kevin Trudeau!!! Not the good person he poses to be. I only ordered Free Money, which was suppose to have a lot of bonus offers and free shipping, but instead they charge me $43.85!!! Be aware! I got no free money!I Hate this guy!

I also was very interested in buying the free money book.... who wouldn't? I am just very afraid to trust companies I have not checked out and luckily there was this site with literally hundreds of bad reviews on this Con. I finally found all the books I wanted by Trudeau at Goodwill for about $3.00 ea. These reviews are on target..... the books contain NO information you cannot get from the internet with simple searches. There is NO hidden money.... NO old bank account money that has been allowed to garner interest and sit and grow to huge amounts. I just do not understand how Mr. Trudeau can still be airing infomercials while incarcerated? If you have to look at the worthless books, buy online used for a penny, or from Goodwill or Salvation Army stores.

In ordering his books, you are constantly hounded to buy stuff which you are not interested in and even the books themselves are nothing more than exaggerated claims to scare people into believing some government conspiracy.

I ordered Kevin Tradeau's Free Money Book last night, & this morning, after seeing all of the 828 complaints against him, this morning, I cancelled!

I called and ordered Kevin Trudeau's book Free Money from an ad at 2 in the morning. While ordering I was told that I would get 2 more books for free but I had to pay shipping. The shipping was almost 20 dollars. Then they continued to push me to buy memberships and access to websites and so on. Finally, after purchasing a couple of things but rejecting most, I was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to receive my product but for an additional 10 dollars I would get priority shipping and have the book in 7 to 10 days. I paid it because I really wanted this book. That was almost 4 weeks ago and I have received nothing. I contacted the 800 number I ordered from and was told they only take the orders and charge the card and they have no liability or resolution for me. I have to contact Kevin Trudeau's organization for disputes. Well, good luck on getting that information. So basically I am just out of my money and no recourse. I would recommend that no one order anything from these infomercials until they straighten out their act.

Ordered Kevin Trudeau free money books online in March 2014 with credit card. They called and try to sell me more thing which I had declined. As of now, Wednesday October 29, '14 - they have not sent ANYTHING.

Called in to order the new 2014 version of 'Natural Cures' with free additions of his new book about pain control and CD of new 'book' not published yet - weight loss 'secret' (if I was among first 500 callers). Yes I was among the first 500, so great. Then turned out I would have to pay an additional 11.95 shipping for the free book, so I declined. 25 minutes on the phone to get my bank info for debating, to attempt to sell me $120 per year for newsletter which I would get reimbursed thru gift certificates for Target or gas, that would have to mail into them once a month to receive $10 rebate. I declined that and said I just wanted to buy the book only... So then she said, "Surprise... an offer popped up because of my patience to have 3 day resort stay in Florida", and she would give me the number to call for details!!! I said, "No thanks."

Then with difficulty she deleted the extra items from the order, gave me customer service number for future reference, and then 2 minutes later said the order could not be placed... 'Probably her computer problem' and I would have to call customer service. So I tried calling the 800 sales number again, and this time got a message, “We are sorry but it appears this offer is not for you!” Customer service is closed... The whole thing smelled fishy. So I got online to look for reviews, and learned a lot. The only thing I have to worry about now is money being debited from my account, in spite of the fact that the order could not be placed. Obviously Kevin is only out to sell the newsletter… which by all accounts is as useless as his books. So Beware!!!

My father bought two of the Natural Cures books by the swindler and even subscribed to a newsletter, briefly, as he is truly a believer in natural medicine and is completely against "Big Pharm." I read them both cover to cover and also a couple of the newsletters. NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE OF ADVICE IS GIVEN. It's just a collection of modern urban myths and promises to give more information if you BUY more of his stuff. I can not speak as to his other books, but I can't imagine they have any info either.

The only reason the government is after him is because he continuously violates federal court orders to not run these scams anymore. Trudeau couldn't even be bothered to read real books about alternative medicine and regurgitate that information. Horrible nonsense, both books. Again, I can't speak as to the other books, however, with an educated guess, anyone saying they are more than rubbish, is probably paid to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if Big Pharm IS paying him to screw up the alternative medicine movement.

On Jan 2014, I called to order the book offered. The Male order taker pressured me to purchase other items. I kept saying NO, Finally I said if this is the way the Co. does business, then Cancel this order. The Male on the other end of the phone gave me a hard time/rude then he hung up on me. I assumed that this order was not put through. Therefore I never looked for a shipment or charges to my Credit card. Now I find they charges me $43.95 AND I never received the Free Money Book. I called 888-856-9046, and explained my case. They said nothing can be done as it was over 30days on money back guarantee. I explained that this order was cancelled, they said no it was shipped. I said NO it was to be not processed at that time. Again they said it's too late. The call taker had to put the order through as he had no option to cancel. And that I would have had to call back to Customer service to cancel. I was never advised this as the order taker had hung up on me. He was a very RUDE person. Had I known I needed to call back then I would have done so. But I assumed the order was MOOT?Not processed.

A female at the call center yesterday 7/14/2014 gave me a USPS tracking # but the USPS when I called said no record can be found for this number. I called back to the call center and was given a hard time. I asked for a Supervisor and was told they would call me back. Today 7/15, I did received that call. Insisting that nothing could be done. I asked for his supervisor and he said no one was available and a supervisor will call me back within 48 hrs. They won't even investigate the tracking number dispute. Again they said it's over the 30 day money back Guarantee. What a Crock. This is just another SCAM. I am thing of taking them to Small Claims court. That will cost them more in Attorney's fees than giving my money back or shipping me the product. But for now I will wait for the next phone call from the call center in Colorado, which is a contracted call center for Kevin Trudeau's free money book.

About eight weeks ago, I foolishly paid for a book that I never received at all! I was unaware of the author's history and that he was convicted of charges of fraud! I later realized that he was already in jail when I viewed the information on TV.

As we all know now, thanks to sites like ** that has brought us the truth about Trudeau's scam, people like you who support this conman, are seriously deluded and still believe the crap that he is being framed by the government and big pharma! Take your deluded rubbish elsewhere!

I ordered his books and found them very helpful. I would not return them, and I would recommend them. Although what he says is not the mainstream thinking, it is the thinking of those who are getting healthy. These kind of healthy people are not the ones to go to this website and complain. I have all his books. I have enjoyed every one of them. I especially enjoyed the Your Wish is Your Command CDs. I share them with everyone. But the people who do give me crap about his information are people who just want to crap on others, and that's ok. They are not those I hang out with.

I ordered the book like many, I am sure, on a desperate night trying to figure out how to pay the bills. The over the phone order took an extraordinarily long time! "Deal" after "deal", I said no to as many as I could. I think toward the end they wore me down and finally said yes. I was promised gift cards that I never saw. Four months later I realize I am out $350.00 for a $19.99 book!!

Apparently, I signed up for something I DID not even realize. How ironic, a book that is to get you money actually cost you more than you would even get. By the time I had time to look at the book, my return time was over. I started to skim over the books and realized that either these things DID not apply to me and the rest were websites that were just as meaningless. You would think after all these years I would learn that if it's too good to be true it probably is! Do not get sucked in too!!

Kevin Trudeau's books are nothing more than state website Public Information. I found no resources that were beneficial to me... in any way. Kevin is a smuk who loves to hear himself talk. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY and TIME!!!

After hubby watched Kevin's show about the free money, he ordered the book... I looked up reviews online and showed him what other people had to say... Quickly, he called to cancel the order and got a lot of runaround... I went to the bank and canceled the debit cards and sure enough they tried to get the money within the next hour. I'm glad to say we escaped the financial scam, thanks to customer reviews.

Kevin Trudeau Company Profile