3.72/5
Based on 25 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

The Bassin Center for Plastic Surgery

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 27, 2017

26 The Bassin Center for Plastic Surgery Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

First I would say Consumer Affairs is a great source of information. The reviews are to the point and real. Now as for my experience with Dr. **. The tissue around my eyes was very damaged. I guess Crow's Feet is what they say. The surgery was called laser lift and it took about 1 hour. The pain was a pinch or so. Then It was over the next day I felt something. But was worth it for the looks I now regain. All in all the doctor and the staff were perfect to me.

Original review: June 29, 2017

The Lazer Lift was my dream. I worked extra hours the last year to pay for it. I am so happy I did. The excess skin and wrinkles were making me look way too old. The doctor performed well. The assistant was also a big help in taking care of me. What exactly they did during the surgery is more than I understand. But there was very little discomfort and I look wonderful this day.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 30, 2017

Dr. Bassin is an innovative attentive surgeon. He actively listens and instills calm with his welcoming, kind, and knowledgeable manner. I started exploring options several years ago after my defining moment of realizing weary looks were not representative of a zest for life. I went to several doctors but nothing clicked. I left feeling unsure and frankly, a little intimidated. I had been following Dr. Bassin via emails and website and decided the hour plus drive to his office would be worth checking him out. I, along with a friend, went to see about a lower face lift.

My friend and I felt comfortable the moment we walked in and after meeting with Dr. Bassin, we both were extremely happy with him. Dr. Bassin is warm with a good sense of humor and a down to earth attitude. He truly wants you to be happy with your procedure(s). My friend and I both made our appointments for procedures that day. Finding the right doctor for you is of utmost importance. I highly recommend Dr. Bassin and his excellent staff to be your choice.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I found it difficult to find quality reviews online. Till I found Consumer Affairs which seems like a legitimate organization. So that is why I am posting my experience here on Consumer Affairs. The Fat around my eyes gave me a droopy look. Then there were many lines around the mouth and forehead. With much procrastination over having cosmetic surgery. I ended up Dr Bassin in Orlando. For what was called LazerLift and Eye surgery. Not sure exactly how they did it. But I will tell you all involved in my surgery took good care of me during and after. Now I am still in the healing stage but so far so good.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Most of my problem was with my neck. Found the office of Dr Bassin via radio show. Spoke to a person on the phone. Was satisfied with the answers. Had my eyes, neck and forehead done by a Dr Bassin. The time at the office went well then day of surgery. I can state with no hesitation I felt zero pain and the assistants helped out. The doctor almost made me laugh. They used some sort of Liposuction then laser. It was so amazing to me all the technology nowadays. Post Op what can I tell you except would do it again in a second. Dr Bassin has great 'bedside manner' that in itself made the entire process pleasant. I am giving this review tell help other people out there and thank the office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bassin Center for Plastic Surgery?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Truth be told, I had a wonderful chance of working with Dr. Roger Bassin, MD and his staff in Florida. I had watched him in the Doctor's Show which is similar to Dr. Oz show and several other shows, that you can watch on YouTube as well. I couldn't believe how others here who are clearly competitors gave their Roger Bassin, MD Reviews. My experience was a great one and the results are fine.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

My hair was thin and I was unhappy. Saw some ads called the office in Tampa. They told me more about hair transplant. Ended up going to Bassin Center in Orlando as I was looking to have a little under the eye work as well. That was back in June. Had the hair and eyes done by a Dr Bassin. Like his humor, it helped me relax. The entire process took about 3 hours. It was the hair one by one. I am pleased with the end resulting look. I am including a photo here. I am writing this review to say thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Had lower eyelid surgery in May of 2016 to correct the bags under my eye. First procedure was unsuccessful so I had to have a second procedure to correct the first procedure. Needless to say the procedure was unsuccessful again. Then I was told by the doctor he has no idea what happened and that I should not try to see another doctor to correct the problem. So now I'm walking around looking worse than before. He did do the honorable thing and refunded the cost of the procedure. Would not recommend this doctor.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I want to warn anyone that is considering using Dr. Bassin. Do your homework. He is not a board certified plastic surgeon and it shows in his work. I had a consultation for the Laser Lift and was told I would get much better results with a Quick lift that was 2000.00 more. But I did agree to the procedure. The surgery was excruciating and I have a high pain tolerance. I actually went into shock during procedure and the doctor didn't even notice although I had all the symptoms. I was very disappointed with the results and when I told Dr. Bassin he offered to then do the Laser Lift to give me a better results. I hesitantly agreed. When I went for that procedure he performed a 11 minute procedure instead that made absolutely no improvement. I take some of the responsibility because I didn't do my research on his credentials. He is very rude and arrogant.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I had a Lazer Lift in June 2016, I was overcharge and I still look the same. I also had natural fillers done in my face which I was charged $2,000 and still look the same. Dr. ** is a rude man and he is not compassionate. Everyone in his office is rude as well. I had a horrible experience altogether with the 2 procedures I had. I don't recommend going to his office for a consult. He never explain the procedures to me, only took my money and did the procedure.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I am a young looking 75 year old female and have been struggling with a bulging stomach for years. I went to one of Dr. Bassin's seminars and learned about the Aqualipo procedure. The prep was easy and so was the procedure - took about 25 minutes to complete. I was out shopping the next day. I am totally satisfied with the results of this procedure and thank Dr. Bassin and his outstanding staff.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

In 2015 I visited the Orlando Florida area. It was vacation and to see relatives. During that stay, I found a newspaper article about a Doctor Bassin who had some new laser that would help with wrinkles on the face. I made appointment for the next week. I have to say I did wait 30 minutes for the doctor, but I understood why later when he spent lots of time with me. He suggested no surgery or even laser. He suggested Botox - just Botox. I was skeptical but he had no reason to down sell me Botox because it was less money. Needles to say here are my pictures. The Botox worked fantastic. The doctor and nurse took the time and effort to get me here looking much younger.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I am over fifty and had several concerns with my appearance. Over the past years have had dark circles around my eyes as well as under. The skin I guess gets thin there as we age. I first thought it was just lack of sleep. But I came to face the facts it was age related. I was watching a TV show and saw some before and after photos of women my age. It looked good so it gave me hope. Started asking around friends and such if someone know a doctor that was good at this type of procedure. No one seemed to know so I went online and also social media. Came to find a Roger Bassin M.D. at Bassin Center. Called, made appointment, went in the next week. The consultation was information I wanted. Set up surgery date.

Now as for that day scared out of my head. But it was no problem whatsoever. In and out in 1 hour. During that surgery the doctor somehow removed that area under my eyes there was very little discomfort. The post op visit was also no issue, no infection, all well. Now it's Late September. Been 4 months and the dark circles are gone and at least I think I look quite a bit better.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Wrinkle in the area under the ears. Also crow's feet with small bags under the eyes. Soon as I could get time off I went out and found a good surgeon. My family doctor was nearby to Bassin Center. I was a walk in and the girl made an appointment to see the doctor soon after that. My job is outside in sun got me over the years and being a female wanted to look my best. The people at Bassin told me what to expect and the down time. I went in for the operation later that month. I was happy to find the same nurse. She was nice and answered my concerns with compassion. The operation took oh maybe 60 minutes or so. I had a relative drive me home. The uncomfortable feeling went away the next 2 days. After a couple weeks I was looking as I wished. The doctor and nurse did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

I am very disappointed in the results of my procedure. I had the procedure where the fat is removed from the neck. It was a great disappointment. When I was in the office I was told that this would tighten up my neck very well. Here is my result after 6 months.

Original review: July 3, 2016

Pleased with the outcome. Several years ago I became familiar with Dr. Bassin. As a male and lifelong golfer I had lots of lines and sun damage - always looked older than my age. I thought if women can get plastic surgery so can men. This time in it was my belly fat. The consultation was good as they staff was familiar with me. The Liposuction procedure went well just a bit of discomfort but well worth the results which in my opinion look good. The post op care was good - a little hard to reach the doctor by phone but he did call back.

Original review: June 25, 2016

My experience at the Bassin center was a pleasant one. My chin was loose after weight loss. The doctor tightened up under the jaw and it looks better. The reason for my review is I appreciate the excellent work they did.

Original review: June 24, 2016

I work with people in the public eye. So my appearance is super important. I had a really bad skin condition as a teenager. Even though my photos look good. In person you could see the after affects of acne. So I ask around and came across Dr Bassin. He was over the top nice and spent the time to explain what was the deal with my skin. Ok the procedure went well no pain but the big news is. The results are looking better everyday. Oh yes I am a real person. You can contact me. This is a true review.

Original review: June 23, 2016

Now going in to this, admittedly I wasn't very good to my skin or body for that matter. I love the sun and have lived a pretty unhealthy lifestyle. As I got older, I realized I had to make some serious changes. I wanted to be and look healthy and get back to dating again. One thing I needed was a facelift and a gym membership. Thankfully, I had a consultation at Bassin Center for Plastic Surgery. I'm not a huge fan of any kind of surgery, but the staff and Dr. Bassin made me feel comfortable about the procedure. Not only was the overall experience very pleasant, the results are great! I couldn't be more pleased with how I look. I'm a new man thanks to Dr. Bassin. It's amazing how such a small procedure can change your attitude and looks, well worth it!

Original review: June 23, 2016

Sometimes you need to stop and say thanks. Long time client from Botox a few years ago now Lazer Lift. My experience was always a good one. The look I wanted is here now. Little discomfort and not much healing down time. I would grant them a good excellent thumbs up.

Original review: June 8, 2016

I just completed treatment for Liposuction. Never thought about leaving a review. But this was such a good experience. The nurse actually called me 2 time after hours. I live alone and she offered to drop by some food. What great office. Oh yes my lipo is looking good.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I purchased a discount coupon for a Restylane injection in my lips. When I booked the appt I was told a PA would be doing the injection rather than a doctor due to the discount. So I went ahead and booked the appt reluctantly. I asked for a dental block and was told by one person they could use it and the day of appt I was then told they couldn't do the block and the pain wasn't that bad. Well after the numbing medicine, I could still feel the injection needle poke (#10times) and the gel in my lip. It brought a tear to my eye. It's painful.

After I left, my bottom lip was starting to swell and a bruise was appearing. 2 hours later my bruise got bigger. 4 hours in my lips hurts and hard to eat and drink. Another bruise appeared. My lips look swollen which I was actually happy about. The next day my swelling was better and no pain. 48 hours later my lips deflated and I'm left with 3 bruises and lips that looked the same as before I had the injections. I don't recommend this experience!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

LazerLift is not recommended. Almost 4 thousand dollars down the tubes. No change in before or after pictures. When I went back in for review he simply said he could do it over or offer a facelift with a discount. I bought in one more time thinking it was nice of him to re-do the procedure. When I pondered credentials and it not working the first time, I backed out. I had put a downpayment on another procedure and tried to get it back and every time I called for a refund, I was told a different story. I think it's sad that we work so hard for our money and want to look and feel better but some doctors aren't interested in the outcome of the patient, only the outcome of their wallet. Save your money and go on a nice vacation instead.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

I was fooled because Bassin was on Dr. Oz, and local news. Both touted this revolutionary facial procedure that promised wonderful results with no cutting and little down time. They failed to mention that Bassin is an OPHTHALMOLOGIST, not a board certified plastic surgeon. I had the lazer lift and absolutely wasted my hard earned money, as there was no change whatsoever. In addition, I was badly swollen and couldn't go out for almost two weeks. Bassin's assistant conducted the post procedure visits. Never saw Bassin again. I felt scammed, foolish and embarrassed. Didn't want family/friends to know I'd had a procedure otherwise I would have taken him to court, as some others did. Please, please read other complaints, stay FAR away from Bassin, and get a REAL board certified plastic surgeon to do your procedure.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I worked with Dr. **. He was rough, rude, talked to everyone in the room and did not seem focused on me. When I asked a question, I had to ask twice while he was laughing at the fact his assistant wouldn't go to "happy hour" with him. She looked so embarrassed. ** - save that for lunch hour! Speaking of, this is not "lunchtime" lipo, you bleed and drain water for 24-36hrs. It hurt WAY more than they said. It was real surgery and must be taken seriously. I was bruised internally and out for 4 weeks. There's loss of feeling and numbness they said will NEVER come back. I went in for a follow up and requested they look at the fat around my belly button which was puffed up and was told it would take another 6 MONTHS for me to see changes. Ad said 6 weeks, so I questioned it and they said, that was the minimum. I had one more follow up 4 months later and never went....

They are scammers and lied. Not to mention they were so busy they lead a new person in the room while I was still getting dressed. Sure they apologized but it just reinforces their financial interest and not personal interest. One year later, extensive exercise and diet I still have the fat around my bellybutton ** said was just swelling, 1 yr later?? Some baggy skin but treatments through La Bella Spa's Juvashape has helped considerably! Save your money and go somewhere else. I wish I had.

Original review: June 14, 2011

I shared a news report I saw on TV with my wife about a procedure that would take the excess fat from her stomach non-surgically. So we called and made an appointment to discuss the procedure with Dr. **. He assured us that his method would take out the fat and she would be back to work immediately. It sounded too good but we went for it. We were asked to prepay three weeks before the procedure so we were called at the appointed time to pay. We did with a credit card on the phone and after paying, we got a package in the mail to sign with all the disclaimers about the procedure.

We discussed our reluctance after reading with the doctor but he said not to worry about it because it's something drawn up by the lawyers and he didn't seem to be very familiar with it as he took it to read. We would have lost a certain percentage of our funds had we backed out at that time so we took our chances. After the surgery, it was clear why it was necessary to sign that form. My wife's stomach is as big as before the 'surgery' as his own 'before and after' photos would attest.

We feel very, very ripped off because when we went back and complained to him, he tried to suggest that she had eaten too much and put back the fat in her stomach during that interim. He later suggested another procedure without cost but it did nothing to reduce her stomach either. We are upset because nobody suggested that it was a trial and error operation. It was too high a cost for accomplishing nothing!

The Bassin Center for Plastic Surgery Company Information