Consumer Complaints and Reviews
The experience as far as payment processing has been a nightmare. StemCyte does not process their own payments, they outsource to a company called Universal Accounting Services LLC. This company is basically a collections company. If you pay your bill through your online banking system you will encounter a nightmare experience. Once your bank cuts the check (Because they don't accept electronic transfers) it takes them "10-15 days to process". So basically you receive a collections call from some miserable human every single month until you're paid in full. I will be going with another stem cell company for my next child.
Sandra GordonParenting Products Contributing Editor
Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.
More about Sandra→
StemCyte is a cord blood company headquartered in Covina, CA. The company specializes in giving cord blood units to transplant patients.
- World leader in transplants: StemCyte has given cord blood units to more than 2,000 transplant patients around the world, more than any other private cord blood company.
- Private and public: StemCyte gives customers the option of public banking or private, depending on a family's wishes.
- Accreditations: StemCyte is the only private cord blood company that is accredited by both the AABB and FACT.
- Money guarantee: The company promises a full refund, $50,000 and a replacement unit of cord blood from their donor bank if a suitable match is available if the cord blood stem cells fail to graft.
- Flexible pricing options: Families will find a wide range of pricing and payment options for private cord blood banking, making it a good choice no matter someone's financial situation. The company also offers a baby registry on its website so well-wishers can easily contribute to the cost of cord blood preservation.
- Best for Families with a history of diseases, families who have just had a baby, families with an ailing member and minority families.
Compare Cord Blood Banking
StemCyte Company Profile
- Company Name:
- 1589 W Industrial Park St
- Postal Code:
- United States