Star Trac Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The motor was great. I had the treadmill for years before I decided to sell it and never had any problems with it. The motor also gave me the ability to go the speed I chose. The cushion was ok. It wasn't the best out there but I had to make do with the money I had on hand for exercise bike. It's not the worst one either. It was just fun being able to listen to music from it while running on it so I wasn't just running and alone. It feels good to have a bike with the capability of plugging in your smartphone. You get what you pay for. The value of this bike is excellent. It's low in cost but does what any other treadmill on the market would do.

I like this one because you have the option on speeds to go and it is so lightweight so I can move it around the house if need be. It helps to have the different speeds. My husband and I both use it and we're just getting back on track so we can choose slow or super slow if we need to. The cushion is really sturdy and can hold up to just about anything that it needs to. It is lightweight for good movement and I don't have to worry about it being heavy due to the cushion. The texture is soft and worth it. I'm pretty happy with the different option that are included with this particular one. I like I can see everything that is going on right in front of me and I like I can use my phone to listen to music. I think all treadmills should have the bluetooth option. The price is pretty good and I would definitely recommend to anyone that is looking for something as good as this treadmill. It was reasonable and I think the value will remain good for a long time.

The motor starts up easy, runs smooth and increases and decreases speed smoothly. It has an emergency magnetic clip to turn off the motor if you should have any accidents. This treadmill is comfortable and sturdy - I have no issues with my knees or ankles after using it. I use correct footwear but my kids use it too- providing good exercise without being too stressful on their joints.

There are no entertainment options other that preset workouts that you choose. I use my earbuds to listen to music or turn on the TV during my workouts. This treadmill is a great value for the price - it's sturdy and reliable without any unnecessary flashy bits that you pay handsomely for in other pieces of equipment. It is a great treadmill at a reasonable price.

Has a fan and high/low speeds, very comfortable to use, feel safe using it and would highly recommend to family and friends to use. Low noise, not too big, has wheels so it's very easy to move around, has handles to hold onto so very safe to use. Very comfy and just the right amount of cushion, no jarring, makes the legs and feet feel good, it's no aches or pains after using. Would recommend to friends and family just for the Cushoin itself. The fan is the best option for me. When you get hot it cools you down. You can plug your music into it. It has maps of terrains and hills if you want to feel like you are actually going somewhere. Keeps me in shape, can use it when the weather is bad outside so you still get the exercise you need. Helps to lose weight and keep your muscles working and moving.

The motor on this treadmill was very quiet compared to others that I have used. It has different speeds which allows you to work at your own speed. The cushion of the treadmill is great! I didn't feel like I was running on pavement and due to health issues that is great for me. It has seemed to hold up well over the time that I have owned the treadmill as well. The entertainment option on my specific model are not necessarily the latest and greatest but I did not feel like I needed all the bells and whistles. I have my treadmill set up in my home where there is a television so that allows me to have music or even a show if I would like. It does have a heart monitor and digital readout.

This product has added the ability for me to walk or run safely in my own home without worry of dogs or other wildlife attacking me. It also allows me to run when the heat of summer is too overbearing and or the cold of winter is too miserable cold. I can continue my workouts year around!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Star Trac Treadmills?

The motor ran sufficiently and with strength. I really dont have enough to say about the motor because I did not have any major nor minor problems. The cushion was sufficient. It had bounce appeal and was not hard on my neck, shoulders or back. I did not feel any resistance that was uncomfortable so that is really all. I mostly use a wearable so the option for entertainment was there but I did not use it a lot but if what I did use was good enough and I was happy about the entertainment. It was cheap enough with the right features to make it very valuable. It's valuable to me because I use it constantly and love my treadmill. I get to it often and love it.

Smooth not jerky. I use it at least 4 times a week. Would buy this model again. I wish it would have been cheaper - pretty costly. Did do some online research first. The cushion is average - about the same as other comparable models of this type of treadmill. I will buy one next time with more of an incline for more vigorous exercise. No amount of entertainment will make exercising entertaining. With that said I guess this is average and gets the job done and reliable. I have more stamina but as far as body type I have not seen that much of an improvement. I wish they made a magic machine instead. I think I would buy that one lol.

The treadmill's motor is efficient, quiet, and can customize the settings. It packs a powerful punch for an intense workout and never stops working for you. The cushion is perfectly shaped, approximate size for comfort, and is able to provide height adjustments. It makes you feel comfortable after hours of working out. The treadmill allows you to charge your phone or iPod while you work out. And, you can blast music to keep yourself motivated during those long workouts. It's got a nice sleek design with plenty of settings for customized workouts. It has bottle holders, grip handles, and charging dock. So, for these reasons I find it to be a great value.

The motor is amazing for this treadmill. It seems like I can use it forever and the motor never quits on me. It sure to help me get my goals. The cushion of the treadmill could be better. I think they should make it a lot better... It still need more work but it does the job. So I could only say I love my treadmill. The entertainment options are nice because it allows me to customize my song playlist and my workout options are the best. There is more than enough options. I believe the value of the treadmill is ok. Sure I would love to pay less but for the job that is helping me with I think the value is well pay off.

It has a great running motor. It is a great machine. It has a long life, multiple different speeds, and different heights and types of walking you can do. It has wonderful cushion. There is a great type of hold on it. It is a lovely product and accentuates it greatly. I love using it and I love how it feels when I use it. There are multiple uses for this. There are different settings and different heights and variations of hills and walking speeds. You can do a slow walk or a fast uphill walk. It helped me lose so much weight, and my husband as well. We have both done so much with this product and it has become a wonderful valueful product for the both of us.

The motor in this treadmill has given me no problems and I have had it or about two years. This motor is quality, for the price I got it at it is a great buy. The cushion is all right. I say that because I feel it could have been made a little more comfortable so that you could truly enjoy whenever you are exercising on your treadmill. The entertainment options on this treadmill allow me to get my daily exercise in without it feeling like a chore I have to do. It is very innovative in that way. The value this product has added to my life is great. It can really motivate you to want to get on this nice and innovative treadmill and workout.

So very noisy that I couldn't use it if there was someone else in the room. I ended up with it in the garage as we have an open plan house. Running in the garage was dreary. I didn't do it much. The cushion was comfortable and supportive. I liked running on the surface. I didn't feel tired or have aching joints from it. It have a firm but forgiving surface without being too spongy. There was no option for entertainment. This was a basic model. But I used my own round the neck earphones and that was fine. I never want to watch anything. I always only want music. Or occasionally something encouraging. I enjoyed using it to run, but I didn't enjoy being relegated into the garage. That was so annoying. In the end, I stopped using it because I felt isolated.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Star Trac is a multinational fitness company that makes cardio, strength training and group training fitness equipment for commercial use. They also provide solutions for fitness facilities, including help with design and planning a new fitness center.

• Design your facility: This free tool on Star Trac’s website helps new facility owners and planners design their floorplan to maximize floor space and determine which equipment will work best. Save your plans when you register for a free account.
  • Recommended pairings: Star Trac will recommend the best other fitness equipment to pair with your chosen treadmill to keep your facility consistent and help users reach their fitness goals.
  • Weight capacity: Star Trac’s treadmills are designed for users of all shapes and sizes. Most of their treadmills have a user weight capacity of 500 pounds. Two models, the S-TRx with PVS and the S-TRx have a user weight capacity of 350 pounds.
  • Cintel cardio intelligence: Star Trac is compatible with Cintel cardio intelligence, which wirelessly transmits data from fitness equipment to provide facility owners with useful insights such as the frequency of use for each piece of equipment. Managers and owners can use this information to plan maintenance, order new equipment and make sure their guests have all the machines they use available, even during peak hours.
  • Multiple market expertise: Star Trac sells treadmills and other fitness equipment to facilities in a variety of markets, including non-profit fitness centers, military, education, pro sports, corporate fitness and more. Contact a sales rep to find out which of their solutions will work best for your situation.
  • Best for Star Trac treadmills are best for fitness facilities looking for high quality fitness equipment with integrated technology.

Compare Treadmills