Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Star Trac Treadmills Reviews

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Will not fit through a normal door. Takes 3-4 people to move it. I've rebuilt it myself three times in 2 years; two roller failures and one entire control board. Another $145 on top of pricey original purchase. Home service is out of the question. They are happy however to sell parts.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Everything you could want from a home treadmill. No problems with the motor holding up or being used regularly. Have not had any problems or breakdowns. The track cushioning is made to provide maximum shock absorption and does what it's made to do. This prevents you from soreness and problems with your legs or feet from impact. Comes pre-wired for the PVS entertainment system (I do not use personally) if you want to use that. I just use a separate television or stereo instead, but this may be useful to some. Still pretty expensive. Even a used one on Amazon is running about $1500.00. New around $2000.00 at another website. Best to look around and maybe go for used or refurbished.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

The motor ran really smooth and did not make a lot of noise. Sometimes I would even forget I was on a treadmill because there was no loud noises coming from the motor. The cushion felt really good on my feet and body. It felt as if I was walking on clouds. I hate feeling a hard cushion under my feet and feeling like that is causing more of a workout than I really wanted. I love being able to listen to music while I am exercising. The sound of music and running to my favorite songs always makes my workouts go by even faster. This product was worth the price it cost and so much more. It was a great value for a product that greatly exceeded my expectations. This is definitely a great option for a gift or a treat for yourself because you will not feel guilty purchasing this product.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

It has the speeds I need to make my workout hard and slow enough when I am not feeling well. I can use it at slower pace. It is not loud, I feel comfortable using this product. The cushion is ok, not the best in the world but not the worst. It will last a while for most but if you are like me hanging on for dear life sometimes it seems to wear out. It has a place to put your phone in the cup holder, but all in all that didn't stop me from buying this product. They could make something to where you could have a place to put your phone. This product was in my price range. It was the reason I bought it in the first place. I am satisfied with it, it gives me the workout that I need to get me through the day.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

The motor was great. I had the treadmill for years before I decided to sell it and never had any problems with it. The motor also gave me the ability to go the speed I chose. The cushion was ok. It wasn't the best out there but I had to make do with the money I had on hand for exercise bike. It's not the worst one either. It was just fun being able to listen to music from it while running on it so I wasn't just running and alone. It feels good to have a bike with the capability of plugging in your smartphone. You get what you pay for. The value of this bike is excellent. It's low in cost but does what any other treadmill on the market would do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Star Trac Treadmills?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I like this one because you have the option on speeds to go and it is so lightweight so I can move it around the house if need be. It helps to have the different speeds. My husband and I both use it and we're just getting back on track so we can choose slow or super slow if we need to. The cushion is really sturdy and can hold up to just about anything that it needs to. It is lightweight for good movement and I don't have to worry about it being heavy due to the cushion. The texture is soft and worth it. I'm pretty happy with the different option that are included with this particular one. I like I can see everything that is going on right in front of me and I like I can use my phone to listen to music. I think all treadmills should have the bluetooth option. The price is pretty good and I would definitely recommend to anyone that is looking for something as good as this treadmill. It was reasonable and I think the value will remain good for a long time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

The motor starts up easy, runs smooth and increases and decreases speed smoothly. It has an emergency magnetic clip to turn off the motor if you should have any accidents. This treadmill is comfortable and sturdy - I have no issues with my knees or ankles after using it. I use correct footwear but my kids use it too- providing good exercise without being too stressful on their joints.

There are no entertainment options other that preset workouts that you choose. I use my earbuds to listen to music or turn on the TV during my workouts. This treadmill is a great value for the price - it's sturdy and reliable without any unnecessary flashy bits that you pay handsomely for in other pieces of equipment. It is a great treadmill at a reasonable price.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Has a fan and high/low speeds, very comfortable to use, feel safe using it and would highly recommend to family and friends to use. Low noise, not too big, has wheels so it's very easy to move around, has handles to hold onto so very safe to use. Very comfy and just the right amount of cushion, no jarring, makes the legs and feet feel good, it's no aches or pains after using. Would recommend to friends and family just for the Cushoin itself. The fan is the best option for me. When you get hot it cools you down. You can plug your music into it. It has maps of terrains and hills if you want to feel like you are actually going somewhere. Keeps me in shape, can use it when the weather is bad outside so you still get the exercise you need. Helps to lose weight and keep your muscles working and moving.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

The motor on this treadmill was very quiet compared to others that I have used. It has different speeds which allows you to work at your own speed. The cushion of the treadmill is great! I didn't feel like I was running on pavement and due to health issues that is great for me. It has seemed to hold up well over the time that I have owned the treadmill as well. The entertainment option on my specific model are not necessarily the latest and greatest but I did not feel like I needed all the bells and whistles. I have my treadmill set up in my home where there is a television so that allows me to have music or even a show if I would like. It does have a heart monitor and digital readout.

This product has added the ability for me to walk or run safely in my own home without worry of dogs or other wildlife attacking me. It also allows me to run when the heat of summer is too overbearing and or the cold of winter is too miserable cold. I can continue my workouts year around!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

The motor ran sufficiently and with strength. I really dont have enough to say about the motor because I did not have any major nor minor problems. The cushion was sufficient. It had bounce appeal and was not hard on my neck, shoulders or back. I did not feel any resistance that was uncomfortable so that is really all. I mostly use a wearable so the option for entertainment was there but I did not use it a lot but if what I did use was good enough and I was happy about the entertainment. It was cheap enough with the right features to make it very valuable. It's valuable to me because I use it constantly and love my treadmill. I get to it often and love it.

Not sure about Star Trac Treadmills?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

Star Trac Treadmills expert review by Joey Thurman

Star Trac is a multinational fitness company that makes cardio, strength training and group training fitness equipment for commercial use. They also provide solutions for fitness facilities, including help with design and planning a new fitness center.

• Design your facility: This free tool on Star Trac’s website helps new facility owners and planners design their floorplan to maximize floor space and determine which equipment will work best. Save your plans when you register for a free account.

• Recommended pairings: Star Trac will recommend the best other fitness equipment to pair with your chosen treadmill to keep your facility consistent and help users reach their fitness goals.

• Weight capacity: Star Trac’s treadmills are designed for users of all shapes and sizes. Most of their treadmills have a user weight capacity of 500 pounds. Two models, the S-TRx with PVS and the S-TRx have a user weight capacity of 350 pounds.

• Cintel cardio intelligence: Star Trac is compatible with Cintel cardio intelligence, which wirelessly transmits data from fitness equipment to provide facility owners with useful insights such as the frequency of use for each piece of equipment. Managers and owners can use this information to plan maintenance, order new equipment and make sure their guests have all the machines they use available, even during peak hours.

• Multiple market expertise: Star Trac sells treadmills and other fitness equipment to facilities in a variety of markets, including non-profit fitness centers, military, education, pro sports, corporate fitness and more. Contact a sales rep to find out which of their solutions will work best for your situation.

• Best for: Star Trac treadmills are best for fitness facilities looking for high quality fitness equipment with integrated technology.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Star Trac Treadmills Company Information