4.69/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

16 Spectra Baby USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have had a Spectra pump for 3 months. I have been exclusively nursing and pumping at night when my daughter sleeps through the night, until 2 weeks ago when I went back to work. I use this pump 3x a day 4 days a week now. It is crucial that it works properly. I went to pump today and noticed one side had little to no suction. I took apart all the pieces, and put them back together and still nothing. So I checked their FAQ on their site, and it said to check the duckbill valves for tears. Lo and behold, there was a tear in the duckbill valve on the side I was having suction troubles on!

I emailed Spectra's customer support and asked them if the valves were covered under their warranty. They emailed me back within the next half hour! They had me send them my proof of purchase, a photo of the damaged valve, and my contact info. They advised me that I was just outside of my 90 day warranty for pump parts, but they would send me complimentary duckbill valves this one time. They were quick to respond, polite and professional. I will recommend Spectra not only for the great pump (S2), but also their amazing customer service. I am blown away by how well they treated me today.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Spectra was the best thing for me. I had tried others at the hospital where they told me I could take one home with me that day and they ended up not getting me the pump. I had a really hard time nursing in the beginning and felt like I couldn't get the help I needed which made things worse for all of us at the time. Thankfully we were able to latch and get things going. The Spectra breast pump was easy to use. All I had to do was push one button and I was on my way to getting where I needed to be for my child. The suction was smooth and soft and not hard and tugging like other breast pumps. I wouldn't recommend any other brand because this one is clearly the best and I would buy it every single time.

Get expert buying tips about Breast Pump delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

It's easy to use and works very efficiently. It's also easy to clean and store when not needed. It's comfortable and doesn't leave your breasts feeling achy or sore afterwards. It works just as well as baby. The pump itself is wonderful. It's the only pump my body responded to! After tons of trial and error it was the pump I settled on and I am extremely happy with my decision as I almost gave up on breastfeeding. It's a great pump for on the go.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I like the suction of the breast pump, I really enjoyed how comfortable it was. I feel like I got a lot of milk out fairly quickly. I like how easy it is to use. I can take it apart and clean it very easily. All around this was a very good pump for the value. But I do not like how expensive this breast pump was. I wish it was a little more affordable although it is a very nice one. I was told there was a way to get it through my insurance, but I could not figure it out. It is hard to come up with extra money when you are expecting and have several other baby items to buy, a breast pump is something you need and should be affordable. My overall experience with this breast pump was very pleasant. I enjoyed the efficiency of the breast pump. I would definitely recommend to my friends/family.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I really liked this breast pump. It fit well and met my needs and schedule. It was easy to use and fit my lifestyle. This pump worked efficiently to pump enough milk in a short amount of time. It was easy to wash and care for as well. I also liked the bottles and accessories that came with this pump. The bag was good for carrying all the components. I would choose Spectra again for future breast pumping needs and recommend it to all my friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectra Baby USA?

Original review: April 23, 2018

It was a new pump at the time, and automatic working quickly which was amazing because I had at first tried a hand pump. I loved that it worked very quickly removing my milk, but was loud and woke the baby up constantly which was so annoying that I had to get him used to hearing things as he fell asleep. It needed to be quieter while pumping my milk, when having a new baby in the house it’s better to have quieter things.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The size and weight of it make it easy to hold for extended periods of time or to transport. I also find the volume of the noise it produces is very low and not very noticeable. The features that I have found to be less than satisfactory about this breast pump are for one, it does not have a bag to carry it, so I must provide a sufficient carrying case myself and also it can become clogged easily. But overall, this is a pretty good breast pump. The price was good and the quality is definitely better than other I have previously tried. It is easy to use and very comfortable even in a work environment.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Spectra was a very easy pump to use. I have borrowed this from a friend and I was surprised at how fast it worked for my needs! I was a little nervous at first to try a breast pump. I had to go back to work and didn't want to have to pump and put it in a bottle. Sometimes it would just pull a little too hard on the breast, and make me a tad sore, but otherwise it was perfect. I have to say that for a first time pumper, no pun intended it went pretty well... It was a good experience overall and I would recommend this product to any new mothers who were wondering about a pump.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I liked that it was self-manual so I could pump to my comfort level. I didn't use the product long but I liked that the pump was really not as painful as I could be my first couple of times using it was almost painful in my opinion. However, the product is plastic made that could be a little better. If it came with extra bottles it would be well put together because it needs more than one that you can swap out and put in the fridge when needed. I also wish it came with more adjustable nodules that I could attach to my breast because they really didn't fit me as snug as they should. Overall it was good and I could use the bottle I pumped in and sit in on the fridge soon as I finished. I many times would wash out the bottle and put it in another so I could go ahead and pump both breast because if I let it sit it would be very painful. I didn't experience any spills or leaks with this product either.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Spectra was quieter than the Medelas and it was way cheaper. You could adjust the speed and the suction capability. It also came with storage bottles which was a huge benefit. It wasn't painful and it wasn't a pain to take places. It was very comfortable. If it got to be too much then you can just turn down the settings and it would go back to being comfortable. I liked that it didn't have backflow like the Medela does so that means I didn't have to wash the pump lines after every pump because that would be an inconvenience. I loved it. But I would want it to be Bluetooth capable like the Medela.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I really love it a lot. It is easy to use and really comfort and efficiency. You could take it anywhere you might need it because the size. The features I like about the breast pump brand is the way it works. It's so smooth and really easy to clean.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The pump did a great job of collecting milk. It was quiet and did not hurt or irritate my nipples. The pump was fast, safe, and very easy to clean and store. I loved this pump and would buy one again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I like that Spectra Baby USA came with an abundance of positive reviews and recommendations from mothers all over. It was easy to use. Very safe for my baby and I would buy it again. I loved it and trusted it for me and for my baby. I have even recommended it to many family members and friends and even women online. But one thing I dislike about this breast pump was the cleaning process. It was a bit tedious cleaning inside the many cracks and crevices.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The Spectra S2 is very quiet but also very powerful. It can be used as a double pump or a single pump. It's a closed system that has a letdown mode and has adjustable settings. The Spectra S2 Breastpump was amazing besides the fact that it can not be used with batteries, it has to be plugged into an outlet. The one thing I would change besides the batteries is color selection because not all moms like pink. Spectra S2 breastpump was definitely worth every penny I spent. Any other pump I used would not help me produce more than 1 ounce at each session. The first time I used this I got 3 ounces from each ** in one session.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Spectra made breastfeeding easier. I like that the pump was electric and I could pump both breasts at the same time. The pump wasn't uncomfortable. It was just right. I liked that it had a place for me to place the bottle and that it had different suction levels. Sometimes I think after owning it for a while the tubing would come off but I think I just needed new ones. Spectra was very easy to use and not too loud. It's worked very well until I needed new pumping parts which is normal.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I used Spectra for my last kids which were twins so the breast pump was the easiest way to be able to feed them and not use formula. It worked great and I would let anyone know this is the best way to go. It was a great product and would use again.

Spectra Baby USA expert review by Sandra Gordon

Founded in 2012, Spectra breast pumps bring style to breast pumping with eye-catching pumps. The company is new to the U.S. market and is popular in the U.K. and Australia. They are active on Facebook and offer advice, suggestions and answers to common questions through social media.

• Stylish: Spectra Baby’s unique Bling collection adds some sparkle to breast pumping. The S1 Bling, S2 Bling and Bling Dew 350 are closed-system, double-electric pumps decorated with Swarovski crystals. They are available in either pink or blue.

• Returns made easy: Customers who are dissatisfied with their purchase can return their pump and/or accessories for a refund within 14 days of receiving their products. Additionally, all Spectra pumps come with a two-year warranty, and accessories come with a 90-day warranty.

• Manual to hospital grade: Spectra breast pumps are high quality, and their lineup ranges from manual to hospital grade breast pumps that are covered by many insurance plans.

• Dishwasher safe: All of Spectra’s breast shield parts are dishwasher safe, which make cleanup a breeze. The company does not recommend running parts through the drying cycle. See their instructional video on their website for more details on the best ways to wash your Spectra breast pump.

• Facebook support: Spectra Baby USA is very active on their Facebook page, and they respond to questions and comments quickly. They also post giveaways, articles and stories from Spectra customers on their Facebook page.

• Best for: anyone looking for a high quality, attractive breast pump.

Profile picture of Sandra Gordon
Sandra Gordon Parenting Products Contributing Editor

Specializing in health and medicine, Sandra Gordon has written extensively about cord blood banking for national and regional parenting magazines. She also has written about baby products, including breast pumps, for national and regional parenting magazines, blogs and books. Her work has appeared in hundreds of publications, including Parents, Prevention, Woman’s Day and Self. Gordon also appears on TV as a baby safety and money-saving expert. She is also the author of 10 books and the founder of babyproductsmom.com, a site dedicated to helping new parents gear up safely and within their budget.

Spectra Baby USA Company Information