3.9/5 (238 ratings)

About SOLE Treadmills

SOLE Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Bought a treadmill and they sent it to me using a horrible 3rd party delivery service. When you call customer support, they could care less and absolutely WILL NOT make it right!! They obviously hate their customers!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Order F63 treadmill in pandemic. Took 2 months to get here August 2020. Came damaged. Sole worked with me for first 30 days to pretend they had a customer service department. Parts arrived in 60 days or September 2020 (Sole said they were coming from China). Sole was supposed to schedule a tech to fix. Ticket was closed in November 2020 but no one showed up to fix. It is now June 2021 and I call the service department (Sounds like someone’s home) weekly to get status.

Every week it is the same thing. They are waiting for someone to take the ticket to repair my treadmill. When I asked today what a reasonable time would be for someone to fix a treadmill that has been broken for 10 months, they stated “we can’t put a time limit on these things, they take time”. I told them I wanted my money back since it has been broken for 10 months and they can’t repair it. They said I am out of my 30 day window, gave me another number to call to complain and see if they can help, but no one ever answers the number. THESE TREADMILLS ARE JUNK AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORSE. DO NOT BE FOOLED.

Original review: June 11, 2021

One of the worst purchasing experiences of my life. Delivered smashed. Reached out to support with pictures of the parts that are falling out of it. They claimed nothing was wrong and told me to put it together. My husband did and of course it did not work. Reached out to support again, they treated me rudely and no one did their job. This is a piece of junk. The workers (including their corporate manager) are also pieces of junk. Spend the extra money to get something that actually works.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I purchased F63 Sole treadmill. Because of Covid it took almost 3 months to get to me. Once I received it, put it together, it didn’t take long before the treadmill was making a loud bird chirping noise. It was piercing my ears! I gotten touch with Customer service sent them a video. They sent me a belt that said it would need to be replaced. Then a technician came to me. Not only did he not put the new belt on, but he basically just ran the machine and told me it was fine.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But this treadmill get even louder by the day. I have been back-and-forth on a new email thread with Customer service and supposedly a manager. They basically will not come back fix fix this issue for me. This treadmill is not even 2 1/2 months old and it’s already giving me issues. All I wanted was a treadmill to be fixed but they will not cover it under warranty for me. I’m frustrated and will never purchase anything from them ever. My regret is not looking up the reviews first!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I bought a Sole F80 treadmill in November of 2020. It is now February of 2021. The treadmill is now making loud squeaking noises. I called Sole and waited on the phone over a hour before hanging up. I emailed them and they emailed me back saying if I don't hear back within 7 business days to give them a call back. Really? I believe that a good quality treadmill should not break down that fast. The treadmill is still under warranty. I just want my treadmill fixed or just give me money back and come get this treadmill. I wouldn't recommend this treadmill to anyone. Save yourself some money and trouble.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

For the past two months, I've been trying to get an actual person on the phone to service my F80 treadmill. I'm finally in an email thread promising I'll be hearing from them in "the next day or two". There is only one ONE! Update a week, if that. The last thread says they tried calling on 2/2/2021 that I got today (2/12/2021). My Call logs say otherwise. I've waited hours on hold only to get a call drop from them or having to leave a call back... But they never call back. Mind you, this started back in 12/2020!. I'm no closer to getting my machine fixed.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I ordered parts in Sept 2020 for delivery in December. After 7 emails and 5 phone calls there has never been even a response, DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCT. The treadmill breaks down fairly soon after purchase and they don't care. Stephanie ** from their company tried to help, but her own team won't respond to her.

Chad

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Sole refuses to warranty a broken deck purchased at Sears in 2013. The deck has a lifetime warranty. The warranty is boldly printed on the front of the treadmill. Starting on 12/2/20 Multiple emails and calls to the company supposedly fulfilling the Sears warranty have resulted in no assistance. Now in a phone call to Sole this morning 1/28/21 a Sole rep still tells us to continue trying to get the deck from Sears. After two months Sole should step up and ship us the deck and they should deal with Sears or whichever scam company is supposed to back the Sole warranty. Terrible service experience. Don’t buy Sole based on their warranty.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I bought a Sole Climber recently. There are some issues I need to have addressed, but I've been unable to get through to customer service. I waited an hour on the phone one day and finally gave up. I sent them an email saying I'd like a call back, but ten days later I've still not heard from them. Now I'm waiting on the phone again. It's been almost an hour again today, and I'm still waiting. Here are the issues I'm having.

1) The onboard computer doesn't give me the readings the instructions say it will. And the manual is poorly written. There's also no way to turn it off. It's on all the time unless I unplug it. That's something I'd like to ask them about if I ever get through.

2) There are 20 levels at which to work out. Even at level 20 I don't find the workout that challenging. I'm only slightly above average in fitness and was hoping for something more from a machine that costs this much.

By the way, when you call sales you get through almost immediately.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

The Sole F63 is a high quality, basic folding treadmills at a reasonable cost of just under $1,000. Although it’s their simplest model, it still gets nearly five stars by their users. I was convinced. The treadmill has a nice long running surface and an adequate motor. The console features 10 training programs - and I love the variety! My workout progress shows up on the LCD and they have a mobile fitness app which works with both iOS and Android. This is a great treadmill for those days when you just can't get outside to enjoy Mother Nature.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Updated on 02/03/2021: This company has the worst customer service. Absolutely dreadful. I was delivered an F85 treadmill in November with broken speakers. It is now February and they are still not repaired. I have called/emailed numerous times and despite a host of empty promises nothing has been done. I keep getting the same line that "someone will contact you in 3 days". What a joke! If you buy from them you better hope the item comes in 100% working order - and stays that way - because if something is broken you are out of luck. I think at this point I have to take legal action against the company. Note - they cleverly hide themselves as it's not really clear who's in charge or where the HQ is located.

Original Review: Just took delivery of an F85. I actually like it but there is a loud buzzing sound coming from the speakers which makes them useless. What really gets me mad is that NO ONE picks up at tech support. One person (Sheri) at the main info email responded to an email but I never heard from her again. I spent 3 days on hold for 1 hour each day. So what does that tell us? It means either their machines are total crap and everyone needs support OR they only have 1 guy. Note, if you want to take to someone in sales they pick up immediately. Need help? Fugetaboutit. I guess that's what you get for $2,000. I should have bought a NordicTrack. More money but at least I can speak to someone.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

DYACO for SOLEFITNESS claims they have treadmill sales at scheduled times and they sell out within 30 seconds of the products being listed. This is false advertising. They also do not allow a product in a shopping cart to be reserved and claim that it is unfair to other customers, so you might have a product in your cart disappear. These tactics are impacting customer perception of trust in a product. DYACO should rethink their strategy for increasing product demand.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

This company is playing some sort of games with their customers, their website states treadmills are in high demand, and they will be up for sale at a certain date at 13:00 EST. After waiting at that time, their website cannot take the traffic and stalls out. You are told from the sales team to wait for the “Buy now” button - but that does not work at all - you will get to a page saying “out of stock”. Even after completing the purchase information fields if you can get there, it will probably stall out again. Horrible sales tactics. If this is how you want to sell your treadmills, all in seconds, then beef up your website to allow for it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

For the price there are several plastic cheap parts. We have had a couple pieces break off. My husband also had to replace a belt within the first year. And putting it together was a pain.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I find this product versatile with different speeds, inclines and pulse and heart rate displays. It meets all of walking and running needs.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

My Sole F63 treadmill wasn’t even 6 months old when the on/off button broke. After contacting the service department, I was told that once I received my replacement part I would be contacted to set up a service appointment within “a few days”. What they didn’t tell me is that they subcontract those jobs out and the company that was suppose to repair my treadmill wouldn’t return my phone calls nor would the technician assigned to me. After a week of calling, they assigned another company to handle the repair only for them to tell me that the technician would schedule the repair when “he’d be in my area”. So I guess I’m at their mercy as when they feel like coming to my neck of the woods instead of making it a point to come do the job they’re hired to do!! I’ve had the part for 2 weeks now and it’s just sitting next to my unusable, relatively brand new $1000 treadmill!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I regret that I have to give any stars. This treadmill is truly terrible. It makes a high pitched noise that leaves me with a headache when I am done. Customer service continues to lie to us and tells us the noise is normal. Trust me, it is not!

Original review: July 30, 2020

It took over 30 days for me to get my treadmill. Once it was delivered my wife asked the delivery guy if he could move the package literally 15ft to my door and was told he would do it for $20. After opening the package I noticed how cheap several of the pieces were. A Lot of cheap plastic parts. An absolute pain to assemble due to awkward angles and other issues. Once assembled you then realize the main flaw of the device. It naturally sits at a slight incline and when in use the plastic cowl that decorates the front of the unit covers too much of the actual tread and your feet will hit it while running if you are a person under 5'10". Overall this whole experience was awful. I would advise anyone and everyone to not waste your money.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Just like many other reviews, I placed an order, waited 30 days, had my credit card billed and the company cannot tell me when my order will actually ship... The company is deceptively listing products as "in stock", at the time I purchased they had a disclaimer that the order would ship by 7/16-7/19, I ordered on 6/19/20. They have now revised that disclaimer to say up to 4 weeks, still deceptive but with more wiggle room for when they miss the date. I called their 3rd party shipper (on 7/21) and learned that they are still filling orders from MAY!!!!

Beyond the obvious frustration of massive delays and the technically illegal activity of capturing payment on day 30 after the order, despite not being able to fill the order, the customer support is horrific. I have spoken to both Brad (the manager) and Isabel, who both felt offering a parade of excuses rationalizing the companies incompetence was a satisfactory response. They said "this is the most orders we've had in 15 years", "our shipments got held up", "we removed the employee who posted the ship dates on the website", "something about rolling boxes" and the list goes on...

The pandemic has created issues for most companies, but unlike their competitors that list products they dont have in stock as "back order", Sole Fitness is continuing to take peoples money - likely receiving a number of orders from people who looked elsewhere but saw backorders - and completely ignore their inability to deliver. I had to hunt down a response by calling and emailing multiple times before they engaged, then only to offer excuses and no resolution. This company has proven itself incompetent and utterly apathetic to the extent they are failing customers. My best guess is they assume we are all "one and done" purchasers due to Covid and see no value in attempting to rectify or compensate for their failings.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I regret that after much research I chose the Sole 900 stationary fitness cycle. I ordered it and was given a ship date of May 27. In early June I inquired by email, and directly to customer service. I received no response to the email and customer service never answered or was set up to leave a message. I tried calling the corporate headquarters with no response even today!

When I contacted their shipping service I was told that no products had been shipped to them to distribute, and therefore no deliveries scheduled. I was also told that once the products are ready to ship it takes 8 weeks to deliver. This is unacceptable. Sole continues to advertise and sell products they do not have. I am not even sure that Sole is still in business as there is no answer at their corporate office and they do not respond to emails.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Hi I just purchase a electric motor, belt and lubricants for my f63 and when I received it the box was completely destroyed and retapped and the electric motor Only works for 23 minutes before it stops and despite the 30 day warranty they refused to fix it and they were rude to me on the phone, accuse me of damaging it and hang up the phone on me. So be prepared, that what you will be dealing with if you purchase from them.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Ordered on June 3, 2020 with shipping date promised delivery date of 6/15-6/18. Even said in the confirmation of purchase receipt email that "due to unexpected sales volume this unit is currently shipping delayed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email and we will gladly assist you. Thank you. Sole F80 Treadmill Will ship 6/15-6/18. All orders will leave our warehouse within 2 to 4 business days unless notified otherwise. Once shipped the product is usually in transit roughly 6 business days depending on your exact location." Now 6/19 rolls around and no one has reached out to me to let me know it's not going to ship on time. I have to email you and your response is that you will respond in the next 2 weeks when it will ship.

I replied "no I need a concrete ship date- telling me in two weeks when it may ship isn't going to work for me. This is not cool and it looks like you are scamming people by promising false shipping dates intentionally to beat the dates listed on Norditracks website." I have yet to receive another reply from them. We are now 10 days past the email and nothing. I have requested a refund because I don't really think I'm going to get a treadmill anytime soon. For all I know they could be filing for bankruptcy right now. It's not like COVID just started. They have been dealing with COVID for 4+ months now. They should have reached out to me BEFORE the promised date not me having to ask where's my stuff?? Then to ghost me and not reply again just screams that they are in over their heads and who actually knows what's going on with them.

Original review: June 18, 2020

** business practices. I purchased the elliptical e95s a month ago 5/17/2020. For only one reason. Their website said the equipment will be shipped 6/4. So it didn't happen. I waited a week till 6/10. Then emailed them and asked where is it. They gave me a tracking # and said it's shipped. Now it's 8 days I am emailing them because that tracking# is not recognized by the shipper.

And their support person Isabel gives me:

a. Sorry.
b. Get a refund.

c. I am setting a right expectation (is to have no expectation).

So I have no idea how much longer do I need to wait, but if I knew they are purposely lied about the delivery dates - I would not place the order. Go to other vendors. SOLE - is full of **.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I am not someone to give out bad reviews, but this company takes the cake! I bought a treadmill that lasted me 3 years, and when I went to fix it, they sold me parts that weren't the problem, and because it took me more than 30 days to get a tech in and look at my machine (which he determined was unfixable for the cost it would take) they won't take my unopened return. It's a bad policy and bad customer service. On top of all of this it has been Covid-19 and they are still refusing to take back the parts. DO NOT BUY from this company. They take bad notes, fail to return phone calls and sell a faulty product. I am a small business owner myself, and I am appalled at how I have been treated as a customer. Don't throw your money away.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I just bought a SOLE TT9 treadmill and, except for the Bluetooth, it is an awesome machine. The Bluetooth has not worked since day 1 and, according to Sole service, they are waiting for Taiwan to fix it. It has been over 2 weeks now and still no fix. Everything else works perfectly. I sure hope that Sole fixes this problem soon or I will be returning my treadmill.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Don't waste your time buying a Sole. I had the F85 for just under 2 years. Motherboard fried and now belt will not stay aligned. Support sent out a new rear. Service came. Said it didn't need it, made a couple of adjustments and left. The belt still moves to the sides. So I start running, have to stop adjust the belt, start running, have to stop, adjust the belt... For the price of the machine, I would think quality would be much better than it is. Extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had the Sole F63 treadmill for slightly over a year and have already had the main computer board replaced luckily still under the warranty. I also just needed the rear roller replaced due to bad bearings which is not good for the length I have had it. Replacing the roller was a pain due to overtightened screws down narrow plastic channels. The customer service is a complete joke and they do not care at all about the customer. I have been lied to multiple times by employees who told me a supervisor would contact me back as well as when I can call to speak to a supervisor. They do not care about the customer...

Original review: March 15, 2019

My F85 makes painfully awful screeching sounds after 4 years of use. From research, we determined the machine needs new rear rollers. My treadmill is still under warranty so SOLE customer service in Arkansas said they would mail out replacement part. After placing weekly calls to them (I have been waiting for one month so far) I still have not received the part. The agents keep lying saying that it would be mailed, yet I have not received anything. I will never buy from SOLE again. I am beyond frustrated, disappointed and sad that Sole has taken advantage of me. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!!! I bought this machine. Have been an avid runner for years mainly due to having to keep times up (in the military). My old treadmill finally went out so I looked at reviews and saw this and purchased it. After buying it the speed you put in and the actual speed it is doing are way off. I know my pacing many years running on treadmills and outside and this treadmill was WAY OFF. It always feels like running up a hill even at 0 incline. I called and was told to just recalibrate the machine. I did it many times and still the same. I CALL AGAIN AND NOW MULTIPLE TIMES HAVE BEEN TOLD, “Sorry nothing we can do about it, it comes from factory this way now!”

I saw multiple reviews online of people complaining about the speed being off as well. And now after multiple emails they don’t even respond. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE HEADACHES THIS MACHINE AND COMPANY WILL CAUSE YOU. Do not buy whatever you do. For the money you would think this machine would be accurate and they would help you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a treadmill and the SOLE website said it "ships within 3 days". This is a lie. It's been a week and it still hasn't shipped. In fact, the carrier said they aren't schedule to get it until next Friday, another week. In total, delivery time takes 17 days. SOLE sales department lied and said it had already shipped. They also tried to tell me it took so long because it weighs over 200 lbs. Please. Altogether dissatisfied with the customer service and I haven't even gotten the treadmill yet.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information