3.44/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

61 SOLE Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

This treadmill is easy to use and it only takes a few minutes to learn how to use machine and become an expert. There are simple instructions to set up machine and to properly use machine. This machine has a lot of different programs you can use to stay in great shape. It gives you a great workout and I like all of the features provided. I like the look of machine and the ease of cleaning machine to stay fresh. I would tell everyone to purchase this machinery. It is very convenient to not take a lot of space and was very affordable.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

SOLE is really easy to use. I really enjoy it and it makes me really happy. I like how it is very efficient and offers many features. It never give up on me however limits I bring it to and it's always the best to use. The feature I really like are the built in music with speakers. This really allows me to get focused and pay attention to my goal. If you are interested in a treadmill this brand is great.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

It was a great product. It had lots of speed options. I used it a lot on slow speeds up to the top speeds. I could program it and use my phone connected to it for music. All in all, I liked it a lot. It was a lot different from the ones we used at the gym and would buy another one if I had the chance.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

In my opinion, the software in the treadmill (Sole F85 Treadmill) is buggy, the counter hesitates for 2-3 seconds as it counts-down, and the navigation is awkward and buggy, at best. They didn't hire a programmer to do the work, just a body. Dick's Sporting Goods is all about this treadmill. Honestly, we should have gone with NordicTrack. Sure, we paid for this one, about $1,900, but the software bugs make it less-than-desirable. Their provided Android app constantly halts and errors out.

Customer service is totally unresponsive. As they seem to be based in Europe (?), I assume they don't care about Americans? I sent an email requesting some feedback and got none. Oh, and the assembly instructions were horrible, but in their defense (?), few companies know how to write step-by-step instructions well. Most of us "DIY'ers" will attest to this frustration. Again, avoid this brand, and go with NordicTrack. That company is GOLD and I wish we'd bought their treadmill instead.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I know I had to pick it up to place it, I remember when I got it that I had to help moving it into the house gym. I like the incline, the ability to change the speed, but I wish it had a fan. I also wish I had a music player like Amazon Echo to add to it. I love the handles that it has on it as it keeps the environment safe, but I do wish there were more exercise programs. It has a few but I wish there was more, It'd be cool to have a mentor on video too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

SOLE Treadmills is very user friendly. Using it is as easy as plugging it in, turning it on and selecting your incline and mode and starting to walk. It has calorie counting/fat burning and you can choose a preset track to walk with valleys and inclines. SOLE Treadmills is a high quality machine. I like that it has a nice quiet motor that is strong. It has 12mph speed and 16 incline levels. It locks into place and has nice arm rests and a cooling fan. It is space efficient and durable. I wish it could feature a folding option for better space saving capabilities or have a better price tag.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I personally did not set the treadmill up, though it seems to have been pretty easy. It's very simple to operate, and you can get used to it quickly. Once you start it up it's very simple to read and change the speed, incline, and it keeps track of your heart rate, calories and distance. I like how sleek the design is. I appreciate that there is a cup holder, as well as somewhere to set my phone. It's easy to use and I like being able to see how many miles I'm running/walking and how many calories I burn. But they could add more padding to the handles. Sometimes it causes blisters if you hold onto it too much. It's also sometimes becomes unplugged easily during a workout.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I like that the treadmill works just like a gym treadmill. I like that is of great quality and I can work out at home and not in a gym environment. It also easy to fold up when not using it. Moreover, I like the ease of controls and the low maintenance of the device. I like how easily I can adjust the speed and the incline. I also like the heart rate monitor and the calories burned dial. I like how responsive the treadmill is to changes. It helps me get in a great workout. It's a great value.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I like the way SOLE Treadmills works. It gets the job done and I can customize it how I want. I've had it for a while now so I'm pretty pleased with it. The instructions were somewhat easy and I followed them step by step. Sometimes it gets slower than I expect but that is a thing that can be fixed.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Using it is very easy. I bend over, turn the power on, insert the key, turn it on and start walking. I like what I have and wouldn't really change anything except maybe the power button. I'd like it better if it were on the console and not under the chassis. However, I have arthritis and this machine allows me to walk in the dead of winter so I like it. I also like that it can be programmed and that I can control the speed and slope.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Everything is so easy to use. You just pick how fast you want to walk and pick the program or you can create your own program. It has air on it also for when you sweat. It has different programs for you to follow your progress on and you can go fast or slow on it. It also monitors your heart rate and takes your calories also. This is everything I could want on one machine.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The lift and size was very innovative and helpful for me. It was creative and amazing and I really like it. It was better than the usual thing and it was really easy to set up. The machine wasn't big and difficult to put up. I really could've used help to put it up but I am very independent and I loved the structure and ligaments. But I didn't really like the concept of the machine. It wasn't really for me and I have used better than the current machine. It was not the best work by the workers and it sucked to be honest. I hate it so much.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had a family member help me set up the treadmill because it is hard to do it alone. And when I do it alone I can't set it up the correct way. This treadmill should improve on its design and color so that it can have a better overall design and feel to it. But I like that there is an adjustable speed. The treadmill runs rather fast and quick so I like how it pushes me to up my speed and agility. I like that it has very powerful treadmill features as well.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I received my elliptical in April 2018. From the start the machine does not accurately measure the speed correctly. I have had the console replaced twice, the speed sensor replaced and still no resolution. The speed is off by at least 5 mins/mile. I do get millisecond flashes upon the console of accurate rate but they are only a flash! Obviously there is a issue... When I spoke with reps from Sole they tell me that there is no way to calibrate the machine. The service tech told me to get a Fitbit if I want accuracy. Therefore I am unable to monitor my distance and time/mile with the machine.

I requested a return of the machine but sales dept tells me that the machine is working so they won't replace it. They also suggested not to compare the time reflected on their machine to other devices - I am so frustrated! You would think that a machine designed for fitness would reflect a near accurate speed and distance, but Sole is telling me those two measurements aren't necessary because the machine works. Don't waste your money!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have been battling with SOLE since February 2018 about a whining loud noise when walking on the F63 model. They replaced the motor, the rollers and the card and still the noise is there. I called the returns dept. They told me that it's, a normal noise. I sent them a video and still they said it was normal. Well it's not normal. I went to Dick's and walked on the same model and that unit, used one, had no noise. They said that due to the ambient noise in the store, I couldn't hear the noise. Well, it wasn't loud in the area that they keep their treadmills. My wife was with me. Now they are calling me a liar and I resent that. I spoke with their VP of operations Brad ** and he said that he couldn't hear anything. Really?

He said for me to send him another video and I haven't heard from him yet. This is rude. I feel that they took advantage of me and took my money and now because per Brad, it would cost them $500.00 to ship another one as a replacement, they will not honor either a refund nor an exchange. I now am stuck with a brand new F63 with an annoying noise. Very sad. Don't purchase anything from this company... just a warning.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I bought a Sole F63 treadmill to aid in my back surgery recovery. I thought it would be very helpful to track my progress with the iPhone application. I would pair the app with the iPhone and start my workout, after anywhere for 45 seconds to 22 minutes, the app would “drop out”. The biggest frustration it did not save up to the drop out time. I e-mailed SOLE tech support, asking if I there would be an update to the application soon, I gave them at least 72 hours to reply, they never did. After the 4th or 5th email request, my email was rejected by Sole as spam. What a great way to take care of a problem.

I emailed the parent company Dyaco, specifically Paul **: Investor Relation Manager and the Dyaco Inc. Spokesperson. I never had a reply from either e-mail. I guess I am lucky that I have not had a mechanical issue with the treadmill… so far. I can only imagine how this company would stand behind their product, if they refuse to answer a simple and basic question about their software application. Caveat Emptor… Buyer Beware.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The Sole F63 treadmill surges uncontrollably. Starts very slow then surges to a high speed. Very dangerous, this should not be considered a reputable company. Of course Sole has said it is now out of warranty. Should be a recall on this POS.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Sole F80 purchase date 03/03/2016. I am now at a loss for words on this treadmill, on its 3rd motor, 3rd board, monitor and still the same problem, LS1 low speed. Now I am out 100.00 having someone replace the parts that you sent because I could not do it because of having a repair done from a previous liver surgery. The guy that I talked to at your service number said Sole would pay 80.00 of it. Your service tech did not ever show up and did not even bother to call me. I am suppose to walk 1-2 hours a day but have not been about to do 15 minutes because of your machine CONSTANTLY tearing up with the exact same issue that people are talking about on the internet.

I am using a friend's machine that they have had for 5 years and cost a third of what I paid for this one. So now what are we doing? Putting on more motors, boards, monitor? I would like another machine, F80, upgrade don't matter. I want a machine that works. I deserve a machine that works when I need it to. Plus now more than ever I need it for my health instead of driving 5 miles to use someone else machine. If you cannot supply this I need your corporate office number and I will go from there. I have been without this machine for a while and deserve to being treated better.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017 Ordered the Sole SB700 Bike on December 15 and was given a delivery date of 12/22, for which I confirmed delivery with shipping company and took the day off to receive delivery. Not only did the bike not show up, I received no call or notice. I then had to DIG up contact info for Sole, yet received no response to date for this mishap. The shipping company, however, offered a delivery date of 12/26, on which the bike also didn't show up. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, as promised.

Sure mistakes can happen during shipping over the holidays, but the least you can do as the vendor, is follow up and respond. We'll see how well the bike does for us, but I will be sure to never buy from Sole again, and will make sure everyone I know doesn't buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I've owned this Sole F63 treadmill for about 6 years. In addition to my own use, it is a big hit with health conscious visitors. It offers easy to use, selectable options as well as capability for complex programming. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I paid $135.31 for a service call on 23 August just to discover that the replacement motor control board you sent me was defective. This was determined by the service tech and your service department on 23 August. You sent me another motor control board to replace the defective control board. I set up another service call and paid full price for the second service call because the first control board sent was defective. This was Sole's fault, not mine. I feel this is unfair and I should be reimbursed for the amount I paid for the second service call. I explained my circumstance and asked the person at Assemblers not to charge me for the second service call, she told me to discuss this issue with Sole. Sole refuses to reimburse me for the second service call.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Solid treadmill but beware when it ages. I bought this treadmill four or five years ago, and it has seen daily use by three people. It had the features I wanted at an affordable price. It outlasted its warranty. I am satisfied with my purchase. However... Once it started wearing out, it was not easy to figure out what to do. I followed the maintenance recommendations but the treadmill got worse over time. When I called Sole, they did an over-the-phone diagnosis and suggested the belt was worn. I could get a new belt for $200 and they had a dependable local company to do the installation. So far so good. Then the order for the belt got lost. So I had to call back and re-order.

Two weeks after the original diagnosis, the belt arrives. The installer came the next day. The installer found additional problems (worn deck, weak motors). Sole sold me a new deck for $100. Ultimately, the problems stacked up and it was clearly time to replace the treadmill. Sole canceled the deck. BUT they would not take back the belt, even with a restocking fee. THEY were the ones who recommended it, and they NEVER said it was non-returnable. In short, the equipment performs solidly, and lasts for years. However, do NOT work with SOLE to diagnose and repair an ailing treadmill. They really don't give good advice.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The SOLE treadmill we own is about 3 years old. Display is simple and nice, very easy to use, treadmill looks sturdy and appears well-built. Warranty, the motor we had failed. Bulky, loud motor. They shipped us a new motor for replacement. To save money, I completed the swap. Also the shocks on this machine tend to squeak when running, motor startup is sluggish. The treadmill requires maintenance — must lubricate the running belt periodically. Other brands do not.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Setup of our SOLE treadmill was extremely easy. Unit is large but there are very few moving parts and the instructions that came with the treadmill were easy to follow and had very clear explanations of how to use the product. I like the automation, ease of use, convenience, programmability, variety of workouts. It has faultless, reliable electronics as well. We have been extraordinarily happy with this treadmill. It does everything we need in a treadmill product and works extremely well.

Original review: April 23, 2017

The brand SOLE is easy to use and very efficient. I loved it from the start and I can always count on it. To set it up, buy it, tear tape, unbox, read manual. Batteries, power, you look at video. Get app and do what apps tell you. Then you are free to use it. I lost weight the moment I used it. It also looks sexy. My friends come over just to try it out. Very very exhilarating. However, it breaks down quickly and I wish it had a touch screen so you could watch videos. That would make it so much better. I hope that at least add a phone stand as well.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We have a SOLE treadmill and I really like it a lot. The programs to run are challenging and different. Makes each experience and run not always the same. That gets boring. Very easy to set up. It just folds down. We drag it out from the corner of our basement and pull the yellow lever. Then the treadmill comes down. Then plug it into the wall. Put the safety switch in. However, it's not as smooth as other treadmills I've used especially at gyms. Think the deck isn't as wide so it makes it a little bit more difficult to run on. Can get choppy during the run.

Original review: April 9, 2017

The SOLE treadmill was fairly easy and fairly a challenge. The taking out of box part was the most challenging and I had a few hands help me because I run out of patience quickly. But, it is high quality and offers all the features and up to date techs I need. It makes me think about how much better I can become as a person when I work hard enough. However, these things should automatically detect body weight of the person, and furthermore somehow detect the heart rate and status of the person and accurately, properly adjust.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Sole Fitness is simple, fun and progressive. It has different settings and options, including incline and different resistance options. I also like that it has the attachable strap in case I fall off. It is easy to use. It is automatic when you push off on the tread, and it stops itself whenever you slow down or step off the treadmill. It also folds up easily to make more room and is very easy to unfold as well. But I wish the treadmill tracked my progress like my heart rate or how many calories I have lost in one run. I also wish it could remember these things for my next run. This would be very helpful in setting goals for myself.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Once the treadmill arrives it's not actually that hard to assemble, the instructions on the manual are clear and make it easy to put together, there are only 52 pieces! This fine treadmill has speeds up to 20 miles per hour and the belt itself is not too hard. It also features ergonomic handle bars for extreme comfort. While it is an all around amazing treadmill it could be easier to use. The Sole F80's interface is quite confusing at first, and not easy to understand without a good read of the manual.

Original review: April 5, 2017

This particular SOLE treadmill is very easy to use. The store I bought it from came to my home and set it up when they delivered it to me. The screen is LED, there are two places to adjust the speed, and two places to adjust the incline. There is also a shock absorber, and a Digital screen. It has a media hookup, two different fans, and preprograms too. However, I wish the fans worked a little better and could be adjusted more, you can hardly feel them. I would like the fans to have more power to them and be quieter. Otherwise, I completely love it.

SOLE Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.

• Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.

• Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.

• Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.

• High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.

• Best for: SOLE treadmills are best for consumers looking for a high-quality treadmill for home use.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

SOLE Treadmills questions and answers

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
How does Sole measure success?
We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
How has Sole grown or evolved?
Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information

2001
www.soletreadmills.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business