Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.01/5

SOLE Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

This company is playing some sort of games with their customers, their website states treadmills are in high demand, and they will be up for sale at a certain date at 13:00 EST. After waiting at that time, their website cannot take the traffic and stalls out. You are told from the sales team to wait for the “Buy now” button - but that does not work at all - you will get to a page saying “out of stock”. Even after completing the purchase information fields if you can get there, it will probably stall out again. Horrible sales tactics. If this is how you want to sell your treadmills, all in seconds, then beef up your website to allow for it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

For the price there are several plastic cheap parts. We have had a couple pieces break off. My husband also had to replace a belt within the first year. And putting it together was a pain.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I find this product versatile with different speeds, inclines and pulse and heart rate displays. It meets all of walking and running needs.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

My Sole F63 treadmill wasn’t even 6 months old when the on/off button broke. After contacting the service department, I was told that once I received my replacement part I would be contacted to set up a service appointment within “a few days”. What they didn’t tell me is that they subcontract those jobs out and the company that was suppose to repair my treadmill wouldn’t return my phone calls nor would the technician assigned to me. After a week of calling, they assigned another company to handle the repair only for them to tell me that the technician would schedule the repair when “he’d be in my area”. So I guess I’m at their mercy as when they feel like coming to my neck of the woods instead of making it a point to come do the job they’re hired to do!! I’ve had the part for 2 weeks now and it’s just sitting next to my unusable, relatively brand new $1000 treadmill!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I regret that I have to give any stars. This treadmill is truly terrible. It makes a high pitched noise that leaves me with a headache when I am done. Customer service continues to lie to us and tells us the noise is normal. Trust me, it is not!

Original review: July 30, 2020

It took over 30 days for me to get my treadmill. Once it was delivered my wife asked the delivery guy if he could move the package literally 15ft to my door and was told he would do it for $20. After opening the package I noticed how cheap several of the pieces were. A Lot of cheap plastic parts. An absolute pain to assemble due to awkward angles and other issues. Once assembled you then realize the main flaw of the device. It naturally sits at a slight incline and when in use the plastic cowl that decorates the front of the unit covers too much of the actual tread and your feet will hit it while running if you are a person under 5'10". Overall this whole experience was awful. I would advise anyone and everyone to not waste your money.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Just like many other reviews, I placed an order, waited 30 days, had my credit card billed and the company cannot tell me when my order will actually ship... The company is deceptively listing products as "in stock", at the time I purchased they had a disclaimer that the order would ship by 7/16-7/19, I ordered on 6/19/20. They have now revised that disclaimer to say up to 4 weeks, still deceptive but with more wiggle room for when they miss the date. I called their 3rd party shipper (on 7/21) and learned that they are still filling orders from MAY!!!!

Beyond the obvious frustration of massive delays and the technically illegal activity of capturing payment on day 30 after the order, despite not being able to fill the order, the customer support is horrific. I have spoken to both Brad (the manager) and Isabel, who both felt offering a parade of excuses rationalizing the companies incompetence was a satisfactory response. They said "this is the most orders we've had in 15 years", "our shipments got held up", "we removed the employee who posted the ship dates on the website", "something about rolling boxes" and the list goes on...

The pandemic has created issues for most companies, but unlike their competitors that list products they dont have in stock as "back order", Sole Fitness is continuing to take peoples money - likely receiving a number of orders from people who looked elsewhere but saw backorders - and completely ignore their inability to deliver. I had to hunt down a response by calling and emailing multiple times before they engaged, then only to offer excuses and no resolution. This company has proven itself incompetent and utterly apathetic to the extent they are failing customers. My best guess is they assume we are all "one and done" purchasers due to Covid and see no value in attempting to rectify or compensate for their failings.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I regret that after much research I chose the Sole 900 stationary fitness cycle. I ordered it and was given a ship date of May 27. In early June I inquired by email, and directly to customer service. I received no response to the email and customer service never answered or was set up to leave a message. I tried calling the corporate headquarters with no response even today!

When I contacted their shipping service I was told that no products had been shipped to them to distribute, and therefore no deliveries scheduled. I was also told that once the products are ready to ship it takes 8 weeks to deliver. This is unacceptable. Sole continues to advertise and sell products they do not have. I am not even sure that Sole is still in business as there is no answer at their corporate office and they do not respond to emails.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Hi I just purchase a electric motor, belt and lubricants for my f63 and when I received it the box was completely destroyed and retapped and the electric motor Only works for 23 minutes before it stops and despite the 30 day warranty they refused to fix it and they were rude to me on the phone, accuse me of damaging it and hang up the phone on me. So be prepared, that what you will be dealing with if you purchase from them.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Ordered on June 3, 2020 with shipping date promised delivery date of 6/15-6/18. Even said in the confirmation of purchase receipt email that "due to unexpected sales volume this unit is currently shipping delayed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email and we will gladly assist you. Thank you. Sole F80 Treadmill Will ship 6/15-6/18. All orders will leave our warehouse within 2 to 4 business days unless notified otherwise. Once shipped the product is usually in transit roughly 6 business days depending on your exact location." Now 6/19 rolls around and no one has reached out to me to let me know it's not going to ship on time. I have to email you and your response is that you will respond in the next 2 weeks when it will ship.

I replied "no I need a concrete ship date- telling me in two weeks when it may ship isn't going to work for me. This is not cool and it looks like you are scamming people by promising false shipping dates intentionally to beat the dates listed on Norditracks website." I have yet to receive another reply from them. We are now 10 days past the email and nothing. I have requested a refund because I don't really think I'm going to get a treadmill anytime soon. For all I know they could be filing for bankruptcy right now. It's not like COVID just started. They have been dealing with COVID for 4+ months now. They should have reached out to me BEFORE the promised date not me having to ask where's my stuff?? Then to ghost me and not reply again just screams that they are in over their heads and who actually knows what's going on with them.

SOLE Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.

• Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.

• Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.

• Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.

• High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

SOLE Treadmills questions and answers

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
      We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
      What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
      We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
      What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
      How does Sole measure success?
      We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
      We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
      Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
      We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
      How has Sole grown or evolved?
      Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information