SOLE Treadmills

Compare Treadmills

Research top Treadmills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I am confident that the motor is strong and will last a long time. I am satisfied with the strength and speed of the motor. I know that it will be around and kicking long after I am gone. Running is bad on the joints but the treadmills cushion is very good. I am confident that my joints will not be worn down. I know I am exercising and it's good for me without damaging my body in the long term. I am able to adjust the speed of the treadmill to satisfactory levels. Fast or slow I am on it. I am also thoroughly entertained and am not even noticing the time go by. For a good price you can have a wonderful treadmill that will better your heart, body, and mind. It will not break down and it will be strong and cushioned for your joints.

Works well. Works enough for the amount I am using it. Doesn't lag at all. Great for at home workouts. Great speed. I really would recommend. I always used my headphones when I did it. It was a treadmill that worked for what I needed out of it while I needed it. I think it was a good value.

The motor on our Sole treadmill seems to be working great even after almost 8 years of almost daily use. We love how ours works and keeps up with our daily fitness. The cushion on the treadmill seems to be great for me, but I do notice that it doesn't seem to be much for my husband who is very heavy and can really pound on it when he runs.

I love the different running programs offered on my treadmill which keep me from getting bored each day when I run. It has been fun to challenge myself with different programs. Our Sole treadmill has been really valuable to us over the past 8 years as our family has come to love running. It is especially wonderful during the winter and extremely cold months we have in New England which allows us to continue to exercise.

The motor I went with was a higher hp for my weight bracket. It has been able to hold up quite nicely. The machine never seems to struggle. Feels like you are walking on a softer surface than a street or sidewalk, but feels very durable as well. Each step I take feels very comfortable. Has built in wi-fi to transfer workout to your phone with the app downloaded on your phone. Easy playback with the built in Bluetooth to listen to music. I got it for a great deal through a local sports retailer. Price was great especially with included assembly and warranty. Make sure to pay the extra couple hundred dollars and get an upgraded model.

I would have to say that I have had a couple of different treadmills and this Sole F63 is by far the best. The motor is very silent and runs smoothly. It feels like its powerful to last a long time. The cushion is like a dream. It allows for a comfortable and smooth experience. From start to finish you will feel great all around after using this Sole. A great buy indeed. The entertainment options for the Sole F63 are almost futuristic in how they are. I love that you can customize your whole experience and thoroughly enjoy your workout. The Sole F63 has made my life so much more better. I and my family love this treadmill. It has made the whole experience fun and something we all look forward to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

It works great and really gets me moving. I love the style of it and it's very easy to use. It's perfect for me and my family because it gets us moving and tones our bodies to keep them looking good. The cushion is very comfortable and really makes me feel good when using it. I love it. We are able to use it without a major amount of discomfort and it really feels amazing with our body. Entertainment options include netflix and roku or regular tv through cable or satellite. I personally use direct tv because we really like the options with it. It works great and we have a lot of good shows. This product really keeps us moving and active like a family. We love that we can use it in the comfort of our own home and we can enjoy ourselves.

The motor of this product is quiet. It ran smooth and is long lasting there is no shaking, no rattling. Easy it clean out to keep it running properly. The cushion of the treadmill - durable, can withstand a two yr old. Ours loves to play on it like daddy. It’s comfortable. Doesn’t slide. Easy grip. The entertainments options are ok. Makes the time pass somewhat quickly although I usually just watch TV or talk on the phone. Helps to keep your mind busy. For the amount I paid it seems, like a good value. Easy to maintain. Great workout. Gives us everything we need on what little time we have to devote to it.

I used that treadmill every other day for over a year before I had to get rid of it because I was moving and didn't have room for it anymore, and the motor was great on it. The cushion of the treadmill was ok. I had to wear gel soles in my running shoes though because it wasn't enough cushion on the treadmill for my feet. I have bad feet from waitressing for 20 years. I think it was a great piece of equipment for the money I spent on it. I got a lot of use out of it and never had any problems with it for the whole year that I used it regularly.

The treadmill motor is such a good quality. It was a great upgrade choice from my old one. Couldn't have picked anything better. Hassle free. Easy to use. The treadmills cushion is made of good material and comfortable. It absorbs the legs. Good when exercising. Excellent absorption the right way to go. I did not buy it much for the entertainment but may I add couldn't have asked for anything better. I would highly respectfully recommend this product. The value and quality is great for what you pay for. Makes it easier to make you want to actually use it. I recommend anyone gives this product a try.

First delivery driver served me a series of lies and never showed up. Second delivery driver showed up 2 hours late without calling and rolled the crate end-over-end through my yard damaging the machine and my lawn. Numerous emails to the company were ignored. The shipping company refuses to do anything. They want me to disassemble the unit myself, order replacement parts, deal with the same shipping company again, and reassemble the unit myself. But, again, even if I wanted to do this, the company will not respond. I finally gave up.

I just can't see how they have a lot of good review. Unless you bought a treadmill for display only this is not a good products. I started with F85. The motor is great and very quiet, squeaking started in first week, but the terrible part, the machine is so shaky. Wife is 105 pounds, when she incline and hold to bars front of units tips like a spring (very Bad). So I trade it to S77 and had to pay the 8%. This one is much stable but the motor is way louder - it's not whisper, it whistle. Came out of the box, belt not centered. When I complained I was told to contact service support. How nice. Have to deal with service with a day old machine. Heck no I'm going to return it and buy me a Precor - smaller motor, smaller belt. No option but I bet it will be quieter and last good 10 years. TRM 211 1999$.

Ordered sole treadmill from sole fitness with 200 dollars extra for assembly and in home placement. Delivery took 3 wks. Assemblers said parts were defective. New part ordered and 10 days later new assemblyman arrived.. He stated treadmill is defective and need new treadmill. Made numerous call and online complaints to sole. Now state they will take back treadmill if we personally pack it and leave at the front door. Also there will be a 8 percent restocking fee and charge for shipment.

The whole experience with sole fitness has been awful. Customer service is poor because there is no communication between sales, support and returns and assembly team. They delivered a defective product and now want me to pay for their mistakes. They should pick up the the defective treadmill and give a full discount. They have a very cavalier and mechanical attitude about support and customer service. They have a lot of propaganda about money back guarantee, customer service and ordering online being a painless process. This is not true.

Deal with sole fitness at your own risk. Don't believe the hype. I can't review the product itself since it is still sitting unassembled in my basement six weeks after I ordered it. Be careful of companies that hype themselves. Many make a sale and then disappear. In my experience sole is one of these companies.

In December of 2007, I purchased a Sole F63 treadmill at Dick's Sporting Goods Store in Smithfield, RI. I cannot remember the exact price. It may have been around $999. After a short time, there were mechanical issues. Only two people were rarely using it. The issues were the treadmill speed is not staying on selections and the treadmill is shutting off randomly during use and eventually the treadmill is not turning on at all.

I contacted the company. They sent out some various parts. They told me who I could call to repair it, but I'd have to pay the repairman. I did and he couldn't fix it. He stated another part seemed to be needed. I think the first part was the motherboard and the second was the control module. I contacted another repairman for a second time. The person spent quite a while on it. He said I needed a new treadmill sent to me. Even with the parts, he couldn't get it fully operational. It worked, but wouldn't adjust up or down, the fan wouldn't work and there was something not right about the controls. The following day, I couldn't get the machine to start at all.

I spoke with Sole for a 3rd time, asking them to please replace this treadmill. However, they refused. They had just about sent me every part. I was recently going to scrap it. My sister told me that you may be able to help me. She suggested I not scrap the product and seek some type of relief. I hope you can help me. I do not have the receipt for the treadmill. I do have the treadmill and parts they sent. The treadmill is useless in its present condition which I attribute to it being a faulty, defective machine when I purchased it. I am out the use of the machine as well as the approximately $999 I paid for it.

I have written numerous emails, waited multiple days and almost three weeks later still do not have a working product. This company has been unprofessional and arrogant at every turn. Even when I accepted a full refund they still could not get this broken unit out of my house.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.
  • Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.
  • Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.
  • Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.
  • High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.
  • Best for SOLE treadmills are best for consumers looking for a high-quality treadmill for home use.

Question and Answers - SOLE Treadmills

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?

We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.

What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?

We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.

What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.

How does Sole measure success?

We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?

We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.

Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?

We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.

How has Sole grown or evolved?

Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

Compare Treadmills