4.0/5 (164 ratings)

About SOLE Treadmills

SOLE Treadmills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I had done a lot of research prior to purchasing and within the first year, there were so many issues. You will keep buying parts and paying for a tech to come out. Customer service couldn't care less. They will run through some scripted answers and glad hand you off to others who won't help you. For what you end up spending in parts and repairs, you can buy a new treadmill elsewhere. Never again. They are the worst!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Did extensive review before buying the Sole F63 directly from Sole. After short period of time, my health declined and I was unable to grip handrails to walk. Machine is wonderful and hated to return. Company stood by their 30 day return policy and promptly refunded ALL my money. You will not be sorry to purchase this solid machine. This company is professional and honest and a breeze to deal with.

Julie

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Recently my 11 month old Sole treadmill stopped abruptly while I was walking on it. Smoke poured from the motor housing and the wiring started on fire I had to quickly unplug and throw a bucket of water at the flames. The company seemingly could care less. They said they would replace entire front end…that was a month ago. If you are using the f63 on carpet good luck!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I Purchased a Sole F63 at Dick’s Sporting Goods. It was delivered and assembled successfully by a third-party vendor. After 8 hours of running time a “clicking” sound developed. The sales rep at Dick’s said it should definitely NOT be making a “clicking” sound and the Guarantee from Sole should cover parts and repair and to contact them. It has now been 4 WEEKS since I talked to Rhiannon, in Arkansas, with Sole Fitness reporting my problem. Since then, they have sent me TWO rear rollers but have yet to find a service technician in my area for the repair. The third-party technician that did call me, from a business 80 miles away, said he couldn’t get to me for another THREE WEEKS. I told him to cancel and that I would contact Sole Fitness to find a faster solution.

I emailed the Tech/Support Warranty department describing my frustration asking for help and this was the response from Steven J; “I will pass this information over to the admin team to further assist with getting a tech out there asap”. That was 10 days ago, and still no calls from a repair technician, and no response from Sole Fitness!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Bought a treadmill and they sent it to me using a horrible 3rd party delivery service. When you call customer support, they could care less and absolutely WILL NOT make it right!! They obviously hate their customers!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Order F63 treadmill in pandemic. Took 2 months to get here August 2020. Came damaged. Sole worked with me for first 30 days to pretend they had a customer service department. Parts arrived in 60 days or September 2020 (Sole said they were coming from China). Sole was supposed to schedule a tech to fix. Ticket was closed in November 2020 but no one showed up to fix. It is now June 2021 and I call the service department (Sounds like someone’s home) weekly to get status.

Every week it is the same thing. They are waiting for someone to take the ticket to repair my treadmill. When I asked today what a reasonable time would be for someone to fix a treadmill that has been broken for 10 months, they stated “we can’t put a time limit on these things, they take time”. I told them I wanted my money back since it has been broken for 10 months and they can’t repair it. They said I am out of my 30 day window, gave me another number to call to complain and see if they can help, but no one ever answers the number. THESE TREADMILLS ARE JUNK AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORSE. DO NOT BE FOOLED.

Original review: June 11, 2021

One of the worst purchasing experiences of my life. Delivered smashed. Reached out to support with pictures of the parts that are falling out of it. They claimed nothing was wrong and told me to put it together. My husband did and of course it did not work. Reached out to support again, they treated me rudely and no one did their job. This is a piece of junk. The workers (including their corporate manager) are also pieces of junk. Spend the extra money to get something that actually works.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I purchased F63 Sole treadmill. Because of Covid it took almost 3 months to get to me. Once I received it, put it together, it didn’t take long before the treadmill was making a loud bird chirping noise. It was piercing my ears! I gotten touch with Customer service sent them a video. They sent me a belt that said it would need to be replaced. Then a technician came to me. Not only did he not put the new belt on, but he basically just ran the machine and told me it was fine.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But this treadmill get even louder by the day. I have been back-and-forth on a new email thread with Customer service and supposedly a manager. They basically will not come back fix fix this issue for me. This treadmill is not even 2 1/2 months old and it’s already giving me issues. All I wanted was a treadmill to be fixed but they will not cover it under warranty for me. I’m frustrated and will never purchase anything from them ever. My regret is not looking up the reviews first!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I bought a Sole F80 treadmill in November of 2020. It is now February of 2021. The treadmill is now making loud squeaking noises. I called Sole and waited on the phone over a hour before hanging up. I emailed them and they emailed me back saying if I don't hear back within 7 business days to give them a call back. Really? I believe that a good quality treadmill should not break down that fast. The treadmill is still under warranty. I just want my treadmill fixed or just give me money back and come get this treadmill. I wouldn't recommend this treadmill to anyone. Save yourself some money and trouble.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

For the past two months, I've been trying to get an actual person on the phone to service my F80 treadmill. I'm finally in an email thread promising I'll be hearing from them in "the next day or two". There is only one ONE! Update a week, if that. The last thread says they tried calling on 2/2/2021 that I got today (2/12/2021). My Call logs say otherwise. I've waited hours on hold only to get a call drop from them or having to leave a call back... But they never call back. Mind you, this started back in 12/2020!. I'm no closer to getting my machine fixed.

SOLE Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.

• Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.

• Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.

• Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.

• High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

SOLE Treadmills questions and answers

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
    We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
    What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
    We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
    What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
    How does Sole measure success?
    We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
    We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
    Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
    We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
    How has Sole grown or evolved?
    Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information