3.57/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

SOLE Treadmills

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 15, 2017

42 SOLE Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I've owned this Sole F63 treadmill for about 6 years. In addition to my own use, it is a big hit with health conscious visitors. It offers easy to use, selectable options as well as capability for complex programming. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I paid $135.31 for a service call on 23 August just to discover that the replacement motor control board you sent me was defective. This was determined by the service tech and your service department on 23 August. You sent me another motor control board to replace the defective control board. I set up another service call and paid full price for the second service call because the first control board sent was defective. This was Sole's fault, not mine. I feel this is unfair and I should be reimbursed for the amount I paid for the second service call. I explained my circumstance and asked the person at Assemblers not to charge me for the second service call, she told me to discuss this issue with Sole. Sole refuses to reimburse me for the second service call.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 12, 2017

Solid treadmill but beware when it ages. I bought this treadmill four or five years ago, and it has seen daily use by three people. It had the features I wanted at an affordable price. It outlasted its warranty. I am satisfied with my purchase. However... Once it started wearing out, it was not easy to figure out what to do. I followed the maintenance recommendations but the treadmill got worse over time. When I called Sole, they did an over-the-phone diagnosis and suggested the belt was worn. I could get a new belt for $200 and they had a dependable local company to do the installation. So far so good. Then the order for the belt got lost. So I had to call back and re-order.

Two weeks after the original diagnosis, the belt arrives. The installer came the next day. The installer found additional problems (worn deck, weak motors). Sole sold me a new deck for $100. Ultimately, the problems stacked up and it was clearly time to replace the treadmill. Sole canceled the deck. BUT they would not take back the belt, even with a restocking fee. THEY were the ones who recommended it, and they NEVER said it was non-returnable. In short, the equipment performs solidly, and lasts for years. However, do NOT work with SOLE to diagnose and repair an ailing treadmill. They really don't give good advice.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The SOLE treadmill we own is about 3 years old. Display is simple and nice, very easy to use, treadmill looks sturdy and appears well-built. Warranty, the motor we had failed. Bulky, loud motor. They shipped us a new motor for replacement. To save money, I completed the swap. Also the shocks on this machine tend to squeak when running, motor startup is sluggish. The treadmill requires maintenance — must lubricate the running belt periodically. Other brands do not.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Setup of our SOLE treadmill was extremely easy. Unit is large but there are very few moving parts and the instructions that came with the treadmill were easy to follow and had very clear explanations of how to use the product. I like the automation, ease of use, convenience, programmability, variety of workouts. It has faultless, reliable electronics as well. We have been extraordinarily happy with this treadmill. It does everything we need in a treadmill product and works extremely well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: April 23, 2017

The brand SOLE is easy to use and very efficient. I loved it from the start and I can always count on it. To set it up, buy it, tear tape, unbox, read manual. Batteries, power, you look at video. Get app and do what apps tell you. Then you are free to use it. I lost weight the moment I used it. It also looks sexy. My friends come over just to try it out. Very very exhilarating. However, it breaks down quickly and I wish it had a touch screen so you could watch videos. That would make it so much better. I hope that at least add a phone stand as well.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We have a SOLE treadmill and I really like it a lot. The programs to run are challenging and different. Makes each experience and run not always the same. That gets boring. Very easy to set up. It just folds down. We drag it out from the corner of our basement and pull the yellow lever. Then the treadmill comes down. Then plug it into the wall. Put the safety switch in. However, it's not as smooth as other treadmills I've used especially at gyms. Think the deck isn't as wide so it makes it a little bit more difficult to run on. Can get choppy during the run.

Original review: April 9, 2017

The SOLE treadmill was fairly easy and fairly a challenge. The taking out of box part was the most challenging and I had a few hands help me because I run out of patience quickly. But, it is high quality and offers all the features and up to date techs I need. It makes me think about how much better I can become as a person when I work hard enough. However, these things should automatically detect body weight of the person, and furthermore somehow detect the heart rate and status of the person and accurately, properly adjust.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Sole Fitness is simple, fun and progressive. It has different settings and options, including incline and different resistance options. I also like that it has the attachable strap in case I fall off. It is easy to use. It is automatic when you push off on the tread, and it stops itself whenever you slow down or step off the treadmill. It also folds up easily to make more room and is very easy to unfold as well. But I wish the treadmill tracked my progress like my heart rate or how many calories I have lost in one run. I also wish it could remember these things for my next run. This would be very helpful in setting goals for myself.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Once the treadmill arrives it's not actually that hard to assemble, the instructions on the manual are clear and make it easy to put together, there are only 52 pieces! This fine treadmill has speeds up to 20 miles per hour and the belt itself is not too hard. It also features ergonomic handle bars for extreme comfort. While it is an all around amazing treadmill it could be easier to use. The Sole F80's interface is quite confusing at first, and not easy to understand without a good read of the manual.

Original review: April 5, 2017

This particular SOLE treadmill is very easy to use. The store I bought it from came to my home and set it up when they delivered it to me. The screen is LED, there are two places to adjust the speed, and two places to adjust the incline. There is also a shock absorber, and a Digital screen. It has a media hookup, two different fans, and preprograms too. However, I wish the fans worked a little better and could be adjusted more, you can hardly feel them. I would like the fans to have more power to them and be quieter. Otherwise, I completely love it.

Original review: April 4, 2017

New Sole F63 treadmill - I like that the treadmill is fun to use and it works at whatever pace I want it to. It is fit for me. I use it every day and it has helped me lose a massive amount of weight. I don't have any problems with my treadmill aside from the price. I think that 1000$ is a bit steep for a treadmill. Also, the setup was very long and strenuous. I would like it to be easier to set up and use. The treadmill came in many separate pieces and I had to call my cousin to help because the instructions were not clear. But in the end it was well worth my purchase.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We set up the New Sole treadmill ourselves, in the basement and it was difficult because of the size. I am not very good at assembling electronics so it took a fairly decent amount of time to put together. But the incline features on the treadmill were very cool and I liked how easy it was to figure out. It was sleek and black like most treadmills and I enjoyed how quiet it was. However, it broke very quickly so I would want a more durable and waterproof treadmill if possible. The on switch was also just a magnet so it came off easily.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Sole F80 is pretty simple to use. The direction manual is very straightforward and makes it easy to put it together and get things situated. It also possesses buttons that say exactly what it does. They're so easy to understand. I love that it's motorized. It makes it much easier to get to the goal weight in which I want to achieve. The weight of it is also good and makes it easier to move it around and put it away if needed. I would improve the treadmill by adding a misting fan to it, or something of that sort. I feel it would make people more interested in purchasing it as well as sharing it and recommending it to their friends.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Sole F85 is very fun and entertaining. The very first step you have to do is unfold the treadmill. It has some buttons that you have to press so it can release the bottom part. Once it is released then you connect it. After it has been connected then you press the ON button and now you can select the type of run that you want to start. You can also connect your phone to the bluetooth and listen to any songs while doing your workout.

What I like about my treadmill is the fact that it is a folding treadmill so once I am done running, I can fold it and place it in a corner without taking much space. Another thing that I really like is that once I am running it does not make much noise. It has a build in Bluetooth and dowagers and has a great screen with pretty cool speakers. This is the only and best treadmill I have ever had. What I really dislike about the treadmill is the fact that is has a weight limit and that weight limit is 400 pounds. I think it is not fair for someone who is really heavy and would like to buy the treadmill. They should make it to anybody can enjoy it and probably more people will buy it. Other than that everything else about the treadmill I really like and recommend it to anyone because it is very easy to use with no problems whatsoever.

Original review: March 27, 2017

It was extremely easy to set up the Sole treadmill. The settings are self-explanatory and it is easy to change the settings as need be. Exercise is fun with my treadmill and I enjoy using it. I like that it is easy to program to go at the speed I need and/or want it to. But after I owned it for a while, it started randomly not starting to turn on. Sometimes it takes a while for me to get it to get going, almost like when your car stalls.

Original review: March 26, 2017

My Sole treadmill was sold/purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods in Redding, CA. The features on the treadmill that are most valuable to me: Adjustable incline, adjustable speed, heart rate monitor, on screen statistics. It is also quiet, easy to use. I would probably prefer to have the disconnect/power clip in another place on the machine, as I occasionally bump into the tab on it and bruise my stomach from time to time. Also, I rarely move it from its position in my living room. The deck folds up, but is quite heavy and moving the machine back against the wall is too much for me to do alone. Overall, very satisfied, but could be better.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Purchased treadmill. It was delivered on Feb. 14, 2017. The treadmill broke down on March 20th, 2017. Since we are a hotel, Sole would not cover anything with this defective machine. We have had very few guest stay at our motel during that time, with very little usage. The very most the machine would of been used was maybe 2 hours at the most.

We bought the machine because of the advertising of this product. Such as being the most popular brand of exercise equipment in America. Sole fitness makes exceptional quality fitness equipment. It had great product advertisement. BUT THEY DON'T STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT. I would never recommend this product to anyone. Especially a business. They will not recognize any part of defective equipment if it is in a business setting.

We paid 1,300.00 for a Sole Treadmill that could not withstand a few hours of usage. Sole does not return my call when I asked to speak to a manager. I left my phone number and the reason why I was calling. I have talked to people at Sole and they say there is nothing they can do about the situation due to the fact we are a business. They will not face the fact the machine was defective. If you are thinking of purchasing a SOLE TREADMILL DO NOT BUY IT. False advertisement, I will never buy another SOLE TREADMILL. This has been my 5 weeks experience with Sole and this is my reason for a review. I want people to know, they do not stand by their product at all. It's a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Bad company to deal with. Holier than thou: I purchased an elliptical from SOLE, which requires assembly. I am extremely handy and have almost unlimited tools at my disposal, including a fully equipped machine shop. I also previously owned and operated a home improvement company. I called sales before purchasing to inquire about assembly. I was told it would take about 1 1/2 hours depending on how handy I was. I completely understood how to assemble the unit and, in fact, did not make any mistakes. The frame comes pre-machined with holes to accommodate a rather large number of bolts.

Problem is that the manufacturing shop machines used must be of inferior quality because at least 15 of the holes in the metal frame were too small to properly accommodate the bolts so that they can be threaded with minimal difficulty. In a two cases, it required 45 - 60 minutes of patience to thread even one bolt. In addition, there is mast which must be assembled into the flywheel housing. Because of the effort needed to thread the bolt, the bolts fell into the flywheel housing twice, which could only be removed by turning the entire extremely cumbersome 200 lb. plus unit upside down each time. Also, there is one bolt which can only be tightened with a hand wrench because there is no room for a socket set. For this bolt, the wrench dropped into the flywheel housing requiring the unit to be flipped, yet again. All told, I spent about 10-11 hours assembling this unit.

I called customer support and they admitted that this problem was, in fact, reported before and that the technician, himself, even experienced this problem with the inferior quality machining of the holes. The technician was sincerely apologetic and suggested that I contact a salesman named J.W. in the sales department and request a price adjustment to compensate me for this experience.

J.W. did not return my call so I called him again the next day and did have the unpleasant opportunity to speak with him. He was in complete denial that this could have happened and stated that no one has ever complained about this before. Clearly, he did not have any interest in investigating the extent of this issue so that if it is more extensive, they could improve the quality of the product. In my 40+ years of business experience, I have found that this kind of attitude is prevalent among poorly run companies. As you might have expected, he refused to even consider offering any accommodation in recognition of the terrible experience I had with the assembly. STRONGLY RECOMMEND BUYING FROM ANOTHER MANUFACTURER.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I can't understand how they get good ratings. I ordered an F63 treadmill Jan 2016. It was in place in February. By April it wasn't working - I'd get a Low Speed error that would freeze the machine. None of the troubleshooting worked so the company service division sent out a new controller board and gave me a repair company contact with my work order number. The repair company didn't respond to requests to schedule for a month and a half - after repeatedly contacting Sole's service division for alternatives, I finally got the repair. Then in December ANOTHER Low Speed error. The company sent out more parts, told me to use the same repair guy. By February, the repair guy still hadn't responded to attempts to schedule.

I call the company and am able to detail a string of emails and phone calls to them asking for alternate contacts to get the repair done and am told the answer is for me to "light a fire" under the repair guy. Even better, in the same phone call they acknowledge they have other repair companies contracted, they just haven't given my work order to them AND that they've terminated their contract with the repair company I'm having trouble with because of poor response rates but that my order is still with the terminated company. I finally get a new company to repair - the repair took place 4 days ago (3 days after I contacted them). Today, in its third use since the most recent repair - the treadmill AGAIN froze with a Low Speed error. At this point I've had the treadmill for 13 months but it's only actually worked for 8.5 months. I can't say anything good about the treadmill or SOLE at this point.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Bought the F65 Treadmill online 11/28/16. Took a week for the treadmill to ship. Took two days for ABF to call and schedule delivery. Scheduled delivery on 12/14/16, ABF will call an hour before delivering. On 12/14/16, ABF called at 9:20 am saying they will deliver within an hour. Left work, went home and waited until 1:15 pm until the ABF driver showed up. ABF driver gets the treadmill off the truck and there are huge holes/chunks taken out of the box. Thankfully no structural damage to the treadmill. Get the treadmill inside and set up, everything working fine. I was running on my treadmill on 1/17/17 and the entire treadmill completely shut down (screen blank, belt stopped, motor stopped). Checked the circuit breaker, nothing. Plugged other items/appliances into the outlet, worked fine...definitely the treadmill, confirmed by SOLE customer service. Received replacement parts 1/23/17 and still have not been contacted to schedule service repairs.

I put a good amount of miles on the treadmill (average 4 miles/5 days a week) but I had an F63 for the previous 8 years and never once had an issue outside of general maintenance and parts replacement after factory warranty. Thankfully the treadmill is under warranty (it's a month old) but since I ordered the treadmill on 11/28/16, I've spent almost as many days without a working treadmill as I have with a working treadmill. I used to look forward to getting home from work and running while watching the news but now there's an oversized clothes hanger in the room. Overall negative experience and would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I ordered Sole F65 from soletreadmills.com website on Nov 30. They deducted money from my credit card on Dec 1 and initial scheduled delivery on Dec 16. Then they moved it to Dec 23. On the day of delivery, ABF called me and said they lost shipment; and need to order a new order with SOLE and new date would be Jan 9th. Again they moved the date to Jan 16th. Today, I was waiting for delivery and they have informed that it has been reassigned. Three companies involved SOLE, ABF, and GoConfigure. They are all inept at handling customers and they don't take responsibility for their delays.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Order was placed on 11/25/16 and has been debited from my account. I have not received any information regarding this order. This is the 5th time I've attempted to contact someone at SOLE. Please get back to me asap regarding this order.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

It works great. I love how it runs and have had no issues with it at all. It's very powerful and runs at a steady pace without overdoing it. It's very soft and comfy. It doesn't hurt your feet and make them too tired. It gives my feet plenty of support to walk without being uncomfortable. It has an mp3 and lets me plug my jack into. It sounds great without any interruptions. Very clear sound and music features. I really like it. The price of this treadmill is very good. It's an excellent value for all the features it's equipped with. I think it's a wonderful price and great quality.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Sole makes high-quality performance machines that are right on par with what you'd expect to find in a gym. This includes a strong, long lasting motor. It has a great cushion that protects my back and feet from injury/soreness after using it. No matter if I walk or run, I know my legs and knees won't be aching afterwards. Sole products are great because I can plug in my iPod and listen to my favorite playlists while I exercise. This helps keep me motivated to reach my workout goals. You won't find a better value. Sole makes high-quality performance machines that are right on par with what you'd expect to find in a gym. You won't find a better value.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The motor on the treadmill is powerful enough but also it not very loud. I have only had a positive experience with the product, ease of use, not complicated. The treadmills cushioning is very good. Sturdy yet soft enough for comfort and ease of use. Never had any problems as far as discomfort, pain, or cramping using this product. Entertainment options are excellent, many options to choose from to meet anyone's needs or desires. Never experienced any problems using any of the options since purchasing the product. Using a treadmill daily has increased the value of my exercise routine, my health, my desire to complete a daily workout. Ease of use and options makes the workout fun.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Motor lasts a long time. Bought mine a few years ago and it still runs just as good as it did the day I got it. They are built to last and you never have to buy another one again. It wasn't hard metal or anything. It was very soft and made you feel as if you were running on clouds. I could sleep on this thing - it was that comfy. I've never felt more comfortable running. It allowed me to hook up my phone MP3 and iPod to it so I could listen to music. It also had a place where I could set them if I wanted to watch Netflix or YouTube while I ran. It was well worth the price tag. I've never spent another dime on it. I would recommend buying this brand over any other just because it lasts a long time.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

This treadmill works exceptionally well. The motor hasn't given out and I'm an avid runner so I've put a few too many treadmills through the test. This one is still keeping up and at this rate I hopefully won't have to purchase a new one too soon. Being an avid runner, the most important thing comes at how well a treadmill can cushion hour long run times. Most treads I'll get off and have terrible shin splints or knee pain, but not on this one. I mean working out isn't all that entertaining, but at least it has speakers for music which makes it a little less boring to do what I need to do.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I am confident that the motor is strong and will last a long time. I am satisfied with the strength and speed of the motor. I know that it will be around and kicking long after I am gone. Running is bad on the joints but the treadmills cushion is very good. I am confident that my joints will not be worn down. I know I am exercising and it's good for me without damaging my body in the long term. I am able to adjust the speed of the treadmill to satisfactory levels. Fast or slow I am on it. I am also thoroughly entertained and am not even noticing the time go by. For a good price you can have a wonderful treadmill that will better your heart, body, and mind. It will not break down and it will be strong and cushioned for your joints.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Works well. Works enough for the amount I am using it. Doesn't lag at all. Great for at home workouts. Great speed. I really would recommend. I always used my headphones when I did it. It was a treadmill that worked for what I needed out of it while I needed it. I think it was a good value.

SOLE Treadmills expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.
    • Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.
    • Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.
    • Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.
    • High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.
    • Best for: SOLE treadmills are best for consumers looking for a high-quality treadmill for home use.
    Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
    Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

SOLE Treadmills questions and answers

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
    We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
    What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
    We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
    What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
    How does Sole measure success?
    We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
    We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
    Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
    We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
    How has Sole grown or evolved?
    Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information