Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.14/5

SOLE Treadmills Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2020

Ordered on June 3, 2020 with shipping date promised delivery date of 6/15-6/18. Even said in the confirmation of purchase receipt email that "due to unexpected sales volume this unit is currently shipping delayed. If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this email and we will gladly assist you. Thank you. Sole F80 Treadmill Will ship 6/15-6/18. All orders will leave our warehouse within 2 to 4 business days unless notified otherwise. Once shipped the product is usually in transit roughly 6 business days depending on your exact location." Now 6/19 rolls around and no one has reached out to me to let me know it's not going to ship on time. I have to email you and your response is that you will respond in the next 2 weeks when it will ship.

I replied "no I need a concrete ship date- telling me in two weeks when it may ship isn't going to work for me. This is not cool and it looks like you are scamming people by promising false shipping dates intentionally to beat the dates listed on Norditracks website." I have yet to receive another reply from them. We are now 10 days past the email and nothing. I have requested a refund because I don't really think I'm going to get a treadmill anytime soon. For all I know they could be filing for bankruptcy right now. It's not like COVID just started. They have been dealing with COVID for 4+ months now. They should have reached out to me BEFORE the promised date not me having to ask where's my stuff?? Then to ghost me and not reply again just screams that they are in over their heads and who actually knows what's going on with them.

Original review: June 18, 2020

** business practices. I purchased the elliptical e95s a month ago 5/17/2020. For only one reason. Their website said the equipment will be shipped 6/4. So it didn't happen. I waited a week till 6/10. Then emailed them and asked where is it. They gave me a tracking # and said it's shipped. Now it's 8 days I am emailing them because that tracking# is not recognized by the shipper.

And their support person Isabel gives me:

a. Sorry.
    b. Get a refund.

c. I am setting a right expectation (is to have no expectation).

So I have no idea how much longer do I need to wait, but if I knew they are purposely lied about the delivery dates - I would not place the order. Go to other vendors. SOLE - is full of **.

Get buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I am not someone to give out bad reviews, but this company takes the cake! I bought a treadmill that lasted me 3 years, and when I went to fix it, they sold me parts that weren't the problem, and because it took me more than 30 days to get a tech in and look at my machine (which he determined was unfixable for the cost it would take) they won't take my unopened return. It's a bad policy and bad customer service. On top of all of this it has been Covid-19 and they are still refusing to take back the parts. DO NOT BUY from this company. They take bad notes, fail to return phone calls and sell a faulty product. I am a small business owner myself, and I am appalled at how I have been treated as a customer. Don't throw your money away.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I just bought a SOLE TT9 treadmill and, except for the Bluetooth, it is an awesome machine. The Bluetooth has not worked since day 1 and, according to Sole service, they are waiting for Taiwan to fix it. It has been over 2 weeks now and still no fix. Everything else works perfectly. I sure hope that Sole fixes this problem soon or I will be returning my treadmill.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Don't waste your time buying a Sole. I had the F85 for just under 2 years. Motherboard fried and now belt will not stay aligned. Support sent out a new rear. Service came. Said it didn't need it, made a couple of adjustments and left. The belt still moves to the sides. So I start running, have to stop adjust the belt, start running, have to stop, adjust the belt... For the price of the machine, I would think quality would be much better than it is. Extremely dissatisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SOLE Treadmills?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have had the Sole F63 treadmill for slightly over a year and have already had the main computer board replaced luckily still under the warranty. I also just needed the rear roller replaced due to bad bearings which is not good for the length I have had it. Replacing the roller was a pain due to overtightened screws down narrow plastic channels. The customer service is a complete joke and they do not care at all about the customer. I have been lied to multiple times by employees who told me a supervisor would contact me back as well as when I can call to speak to a supervisor. They do not care about the customer...

Original review: March 15, 2019

My F85 makes painfully awful screeching sounds after 4 years of use. From research, we determined the machine needs new rear rollers. My treadmill is still under warranty so SOLE customer service in Arkansas said they would mail out replacement part. After placing weekly calls to them (I have been waiting for one month so far) I still have not received the part. The agents keep lying saying that it would be mailed, yet I have not received anything. I will never buy from SOLE again. I am beyond frustrated, disappointed and sad that Sole has taken advantage of me. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!!! I bought this machine. Have been an avid runner for years mainly due to having to keep times up (in the military). My old treadmill finally went out so I looked at reviews and saw this and purchased it. After buying it the speed you put in and the actual speed it is doing are way off. I know my pacing many years running on treadmills and outside and this treadmill was WAY OFF. It always feels like running up a hill even at 0 incline. I called and was told to just recalibrate the machine. I did it many times and still the same. I CALL AGAIN AND NOW MULTIPLE TIMES HAVE BEEN TOLD, “Sorry nothing we can do about it, it comes from factory this way now!”

I saw multiple reviews online of people complaining about the speed being off as well. And now after multiple emails they don’t even respond. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE HEADACHES THIS MACHINE AND COMPANY WILL CAUSE YOU. Do not buy whatever you do. For the money you would think this machine would be accurate and they would help you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a treadmill and the SOLE website said it "ships within 3 days". This is a lie. It's been a week and it still hasn't shipped. In fact, the carrier said they aren't schedule to get it until next Friday, another week. In total, delivery time takes 17 days. SOLE sales department lied and said it had already shipped. They also tried to tell me it took so long because it weighs over 200 lbs. Please. Altogether dissatisfied with the customer service and I haven't even gotten the treadmill yet.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have had my F63 treadmill for about 4 years. In that time, I have called the warranty department 5-6 times because the treadmill gives some kind of error code and does not work. In all, they have sent me 3 controllers and 2 motors to fix the issues. Each time the treadmill works for a couple of months and then stops working again. It usually takes me a few months by the time my work schedule allows me time to call the service department during their working hours.

This last time when I asked them to come up with a more permanent solution, they advised that I probably needed a new belt and controller, which were no longer under warranty. The original controller is under a 3-year warranty but the replacements they send are only a 30-day warranty. It sounds like they are sending me reconditioned controllers. At any rate it's going to cost me $500+tax for the components and I have no confidence this will be a long-term solution. I won't be buying a Sole treadmill again.

SOLE Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman

SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.

• Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.

• Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.

• Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.

• Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.

• High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

SOLE Treadmills questions and answers

What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
      We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
      What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
      We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
      What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
      How does Sole measure success?
      We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
      We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
      Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
      We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
      How has Sole grown or evolved?
      Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.

SOLE Treadmills Company Information