Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
ConsumerAffairs has collected 115 reviews and 378 ratings.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,306,858 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023
I received a gift card as part of a class action lawsuit. I have been trying to use it to replace footplates for my rowing machine - the second set of such because they are garbage and split and then are never available / always on backorder. I called the specific number I was given to redeem the gift card and was told I can only order on the website. The website will not let me order what I am trying to order, I have to contact parts and service - who will not take the gift card code. This is a total runaround scam and speaks incredibly poorly of this company's customer support. Stay away from them.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023
Received this machine over a month ago. It doesn’t work, contacted them, it’s been a month. Just got off the phone with warranty (Spirit fitness) again, who says they have one person in administration and they haven’t been able to respond to my issue yet, even though I submitted 4 requests?! Ridiculous and they still have my money.
Thanks for subscribing.
You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Reviewed June 16, 2023
I purchased a sole Model F80 treadmill. I have parts that are under warranty and I have been waiting for 6 months. I have called 866-697-6531 on several occasion and customer service has an indifferent attitude. On one occasion I was told to email Utah. I will never purchase a sole product again. I would never recommend this product to any of my friends. I would recommend joining a local gym! Within two years I have had this F80 treadmill repaired three times! Email: **
Reviewed May 20, 2023
The Sole F63 broke down twice with the same issue. The first time the parts were covered by Sole and labor by the warranty. The parts were on back order for 4 months. The second time it broke, the tread stopped suddenly, mid run and threw my wife into a walk, giving her a life long back injury. The parts still have not arrived, it’s been another 3 months. I finally filed a return claim and the white elephant taking up space was finally picked up. Sole was offering me a new version of the same death trap, and I instead insisted on my money back. They replied with an ok, you will be getting a check soon. So we shall see, but the bottom line is, only purchase this machine if you are indeed of an oversized, 300 pound coat rack.
Reviewed March 2, 2023
We ordered a treadmill from SOLE Treadmills on 1/8/2023. On February 7 the treadmill was delivered broken. The shipping company did not take the treadmill out of the box to assemble because they said the wires were stripped. The shipping company left the defective treadmill in my basement intact in the box. I have called SOLE treadmills three times, the first time to get a replacement the second and third time I requested a full refund. Still waiting on a response from the returns department. The returns department at SOLE treadmills does not accept phone calls. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Unfortunately, I have read other bad reviews about similar experiences, I wish I would have read those prior to ordering from this company.
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2023
The product has issues. The customer support answers quickly and always redirects me to technical support. Technical support never answers. Across the board is a bad experience, low quality and bad support.
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023
I ordered an elliptical in the first week of December 2022 in preparation for a major event in the spring. I ordered directly from Sole--which was a huge mistake. Order from Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods, or anywhere else. Their website said to expect the product to ship in 2-4 days and arrive 10-14 days after that. I didn't receive any word beyond my confirmation email until the last week of December, when I emailed customer service. They responded with a tracking number that didn't update. When I emailed back a few weeks later because the tracking bar had made no progress, they provided a new tracking number.
My machine finally arrived in the third week of January 2023--but the assembly crew couldn't complete their job because the box had been so poorly handled that a metal arm of the elliptical was bent out of shape. I received the parts the next week, but didn't hear from customer service--again, until I emailed myself. The tech finally reached out, but cannot come until next week--a full two months after I placed my order. The elliptical itself may be amazing (I'm not sure because I haven't been able to use it), but it's not worth the frustration and hassle of ordering from Sole.
Their customer service people respond to emails promptly, but don't expect them to provide you with any information or explanation for delays unless you reach out yourself. They don't seem genuinely concerned with or apologetic for the negative customer shipping experience, which leads me to believe it's part of the course when working with Sole.
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2023
Reason for Return: Had a terrible experience with shipping company. Ordered on 11/9/2022 and did not receive product until 12/16/2022. Went to use it for the first time and received an E2 error message. Spent about an hour on the phone with customer service, applying the bottle of the oil the technician failed to do. It was suggested I reach out to THEIR technician. Customer service said they could not enter an repair order for next 2 days because I had just received treadmill and it would take 2 days to get my information into the warranty database and then I received an email that the parts were backordered for another couple of weeks. I submitted a request for return 2 weeks ago with no response. Called last week and was told I would hear back in 1-2 days, still nothing.
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2022
Purchased the Sole ST90, the speed knob does not work and the tread freezes when the incline is raised requiring a restart. Have not heard back from the repair team for 3 months. The service agents are rude and completely incompetent without understanding of basic spelling and geography. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TREAD!
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2022
We bought an F80 treadmill on 12/2/22 and the box was missing a part. We have tried to work with Dick's Sporting Goods in Hoover, AL and SOLE Fitness Customer Service. The Sole Fitness customer service agents are some of the most rude and hostile that I've ever dealt with. Dick's SG managers were nice but did not follow up on promises such as getting the part for us or even calling us back. The only way that I was finally able to get the part shipped (have not received it yet) was to file a complaint with the BBB. What a crying shame that a company cares so little about customer experience/satisfaction. I would never do business with Sole Fitness ever again.
SOLE Treadmills author review by Joey Thurman
SOLE Treadmills started out as a hotel vendor, selling treadmills to Hilton and other similar hotel chains. These treadmills were so popular with people who used them at hotels that the company decided to manufacture similar equipment for home use.
Quiet motor: Although their motors are more powerful than many competitors’, they are so quiet that most customers can’t hear them.
Unique design leads to greater stability: These machines are surprisingly sturdy due to their horseshoe design.
Low price for high-quality features: The least expensive treadmill is $999 and includes Bluetooth capability with syncing to Apple Health and other apps, a USB port and a 3.0 horsepower motor that reaches 12mph. As an added plus, it folds for easy storage.
Extensive warranties: SOLE offers some of the most extensive warranties available, offering lifetime warranties on the frame and motor and three years of service on the deck, electronics and parts.
High quality parts: SOLE uses the same parts in its home equipment that it does in commercial fitness equipment, so parts are built to last.
SOLE Treadmills questions and answers
- What sets Sole Treadmills apart from the competition?
- We provide a solid warranty and have a reputation for quality. We offer products that compare to units twice the price of ours. We don't sacrifice. As manufacturing costs go up, we keep our prices competitive, and we don't skimp on quality components.
- What problem is Sole Treadmills trying to solve?
- We are looking at ways to make in home fitness a reality that goes beyond cheap exercise equipment. We want people to have the same level of quality they find at the gym. The problem is building that in a price our customers can afford, but still managing to stay profitable.
- What needs do your products fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- We provide people with ways to exercise at home. Many of our competitors are focused on bells and whistles. The result is they spend more money in producing a product that has a wide feature set, but when it comes down to it, they aren't built to last. We are the ONLY treadmill company that will guarantee the deck on a treadmill for LIFE.
- How does Sole measure success?
- We believe there is no reason a customer can't be satisfied. No matter what it takes, we can find a way to make sure every customer is content. No one has a perfect track record. Mistakes will happen. While everyone else talks about policies and procedures, focusing on what they won't do for customers, we throw out the restrictions and make sure our reps feel empowered to help. When a customer congratulates us for winning them over, that translates into success in every part of the business.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- People think that buying big ticket items online is too hard. They are afraid to buy something that weighs over 200 lbs and have it shipped to their home. We have perfected this process, and customers are consistently surprised at the ability we have to make getting fitness equipment shipped to your home easy.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- People are always trying to find new and engaging ways to exercise. We have introduced a number of new products. 10 years ago, the only things we sold were treadmills. We brought ellipticals into our line years ago. Now, we product an excellent line of bikes, including stationary, recumbent, and spin bikes. We also just started selling rowing machines. Customers are looking to truly build home gyms, and not just find something they might use once in a while.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Sole Treadmills?
- We genuinely want to make your experience a good one. We have the manufacturing power of a large multinational company, but we still pride ourselves on having a small business customer service mindset.
- Has Sole received any awards or recognition for its products your customers would like to know about?
- We have an A+ business rating with the BBB. We have been featured as a best buy in Consumer Reports magazine on many occasions. But our best recognition comes in the form of feedback and positive reviews all over the internet, from real people, who bought our product.
- How has Sole grown or evolved?
- Each year, we expand our brand name, and move into new product areas. So far, each one has been a huge success. We listen to what the market wants, and don't try to force products that people aren't interested in. Over the years we have made improvements in our manufacturing, including our packaging, quality control, and supply chain process. We have also pioneered new methods of shipping and home delivery that our freight partners have used to sell to other companies like us.
SOLE Treadmills Company Information
- Company Name:
- SOLE Treadmills
- Year Founded:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.