Get Started

3.8/5 (1752 ratings)

About SmileDirectClub

SmileDirectClub provides customers with an affordable way to improve their smile with its invisible braces. Each treatment plan is crafted by a licensed dentist or orthodontist, and customers receive regular virtual visits during treatment. SmileDirectClub offers two ways to pay: upfront or monthly over 24 months. Its program is less expensive than traditional braces.

Pros

• Less expensive than metal braces
  • Payment plan with no credit check
  • Treatment takes four to six months

Cons

• Retainers not included
  • Not for severe corrections

Bottom Line

SmileDirectClub is an invisible braces company that specializes in custom-made clear aligners worn during the day or overnight. It makes treatment accessible with lower costs than competitors.

Top SmileDirectClub Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had already been to my dentist and had asked about their options but it was really expensive. ... When I've seen the commercials for SmileDirectClub, they were talking about it ...

Verified

The impression kits came with very clear and easy to use instructions. Simple kit to use and return, with a clear process online of what was happening. I used a promotion to get t...

Smile Direct Club products

What is SmileDirectClub?

SmileDirectClub provides invisible braces and whitening for those who need mild to moderate teeth correction. Customers can find out if they are eligible by requesting a risk-free impression kit that is sent back to the company for an assessment. Alternatively, they can visit a SmileShop location for a free 3D scan. Each case is reviewed by a state-licensed orthodontist or dentist who creates a personalized treatment plan.

SmileDirectClub treatment lasts four to six months overall and includes clear instructions on how to use the products for the best results. The company ships all aligners with teeth whitening to your door within about four to six weeks after you send back your impression kit.

Customers can choose between regular SmileDirectClub aligners, which require 22 hours per day of wear, or Nighttime Aligners, which you wear for 10 hours at night. In addition to regular check-ups, customers have access to the dental team 24/7 by chat, live video, phone or email.

How does SmileDirectClub work?

You can get started with SmileDirectClub in a few simple steps:

1. Start by taking SmileDirectClub’s 30-second assessment on its website to see if you're a candidate for treatment.
  2. SmileDirectClub's team emails you to provide options to get started; you can order an at-home impression kit or book an appointment at a SmileShop.
  3. SmileDirectClub creates a 3D image of your smile by either performing a scan at your SmileShop appointment or processing the molds of your teeth taken with an impression kit. The company's technicians use proprietary software to create a draft treatment plan.
  4. A state-licensed doctor reviews your 3D image, photos of your teeth and your dental/medical history to determine candidacy for clear aligner therapy and reviews and approves your treatment plan. The doctor uses photos of your teeth, the 3D image and your medical/dental history to prescribe clear aligner therapy.
  5. Once you agree to the treatment plan, SmileDirectClub mails you your prescribed aligners and a courtesy teeth whitening kit. It cuts each aligner to match the contours of your teeth and gums for a comfortable fit.
  6. Throughout the treatment, your licensed dentist or orthodontist monitors your progress through SmileDirectClub’s teledentistry platform. Virtual check-ins occur regularly.

SmileDirectClub has two treatment options: original aligners or Nighttime Aligners. The original aligners can straighten your smile in four to six months and should be worn 22 hours a day. They’re ideal for customers who want an expedited straightening treatment. The Nighttime Clear Aligners provide a more flexible option and have an average treatment time of 10 months.

The company also has a program for teenagers that includes a Tile aligner case, a Bluetooth-enabled device that you can track using a mobile app so you don’t lose your aligners or retainers. The aligner options are the same, but other products are geared more toward a teenager's busy lifestyle.

How much does SmileDirectClub cost?

SmileDirectClub treatment plans take an average of four to six months and cost $1,950. SmileDirectClub offers two ways to pay for aligners:

• A one-time payment of $1,950
  • SmilePay, which requires a $250 down payment and 24 monthly payments of $89, or about $3 per day

The impressions kit, which is used to create your 3D scan and aligners, costs $59 at the time of publishing. The company frequently offers discounts and rebates on the impression kit. If SmileDirectClub determines the company's program won’t work for you, it refunds the price.

SmileDirectClub works with most insurers who cover orthodontic treatments, including UnitedHealthcare and Aetna. If you have questions about your coverage, SmileDirectClub can contact your insurer and give you information about your benefits.

SmileDirectClub FAQ

Does SmileDirectClub work?
Yes, SmileDirectClub works for minor to moderate teeth correction, including for crowding, space between teeth and some bite issues. In order to find out if you are a candidate for SmileDirectClub treatment, visit a SmileShop for a 3D scan or order a risk-free impression kit.
Does SmileDirectClub take insurance?
Yes, SmileDirectClub works with many insurers, including UnitedHealthcare, Aetna and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Contact the company so it can check your eligibility for insurance coverage for aligners.
Who owns SmileDirectClub?
SmileDirectClub is a public company. It was founded in 2014 by Alex Fenkell and Jordan Katzman.
Is SmileDirectClub safe?
Yes. Every SmileDirectClub treatment is completely prescribed, directed and managed by state-licensed doctors who have at least five years of experience in in-person aligner therapy. Customers get regular virtual appointments with dental professionals and have 24/7 access to SmileDirectClub’s dental care team.

Is SmileDirectClub worth it?

SmileDirectClub is worth it if you want straighter teeth for a lower cost than traditional braces and you only have minor to moderate issues with spacing, crowding or rotations. There is no risk to learning if you are a candidate for treatment with SmileDirectClub, and the company includes a Lifetime Smile Guarantee.

Though some have reported poor results, SmileDirectClub works to resolve those issues. SmileDirectClub works with state-licensed and experienced doctors to design and monitor each treatment plan.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileDirectClub?

Original review: July 18, 2021

I was going to do the impression kit but I was very skeptical because I have a crossbite and my jaw wasn’t aligned correctly. So it took me a little while to go through with the process. I ordered the impression kit but I never sent it back. Then I got an email saying that the truck would be coming through and I could get a 3D scan. I wanted to go in and talk to someone at SmileDirectClub to make sure that it would be a good fit for me. So I went in, talked to somebody, and the girl assured me that I will be good. Even with me having a crossbite, she said I will be fine. So I did the 3D scan.

My treatment went great. The only thing was that half the aligners don't fit properly. I had an appointment to go and get another 3D scan so my top aligners could fit properly. But I caught COVID and I had to reschedule. I haven't rescheduled yet. The bottom row of the retainers that I’m wearing now fit perfectly, but the top row doesn’t fit completely. My aligners were like that as well, but it was still straightening my teeth. It wasn't a big deal to me because I was going to be switching aligners within two weeks. With the retainer, I wanted to make sure they fit properly because I will be wearing them for six months at a time. But I'm happy with the outcome.

I had to reach out to SmileDirectClub during the first day because it was really hard to put the aligners in. They should spend more Movemints when they're sending the kit. We constantly have to change the aligners but we won’t get so many Movemints, and sometimes, one Movemints doesn’t help. I almost went through half a bag of Movemints with my first aligner, because it wasn’t working out right. Other than that, my journey with SmileDirectClub was amazing. They did a good job with setting us up with some of the things that we would need. When I did have to talk to somebody, it was good. I really like the feature where they can video chat with us and see the problem that’s going on. Because it's kind of hard to explain to somebody what your problem is, but it will make it easier if I could just show what I’m talking about.

SmileDirectClub response

Kelishia, we really appreciate your feedback! We’re here for you at any time.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I went to SmileDirectClub because they were more cost-effective for me. I'm 50, and I had braces when I was in my late 20s. Shame on me, I broke my retainer and never got another one. So, teeth haven’t set already, and they shifted on back to where they were originally from when I was in my 20s. That's why I did it. And nothing short of going to my dentist and going to another orthodontist who wanted probably about $5,500 to fix my teeth. When I went to my dentist, I talked to them about Invisalign, which is the other company. We did an impression, everything else, at my dentist’s. And then he told me I was a candidate for Invisalign. However, I was only a candidate for my upper set of teeth.

On the bottom, he wanted to remove one of my teeth for the overcrowding and put it together. Now, I have all 28 of my teeth, minus the wisdom that were taken out when I was a young girl. I'm not in the business of fixing something that's not broken. I was like, “My teeth are grounded.” Through my x-rays, I could see the roots and everything. I said, "No, I'm not going to have one of my teeth removed." There was no way. They work fine. I said, “Put your hand in my mouth and I'll show you exactly how well they work.”

With my dentist, I had a crappy feeling about it. I said, “Let’s see if there’s got to be something else.” That was how I found SmileDirectClub. And I was like, “Oh, it's only $2,500.” It was $2,300 total. I gave them either a $250 or $500 deposit. And then, within 30 days, I could pay it off and have no payments for two years. I corresponded through email on the internet. Not only that, SmileDirectClub followed up. They were great about it. With it, you wear your aligner for two weeks, and then one week, and everything. But I always got my notifications. I got reminders through email, and through text messages on my phone.

I would also correspond with them if I had a question about anything. And I could either go through email or through the text that they sent me. They always responded and communication is still open. I continue to buy stuff offline. I've had a good experience. I didn't know exactly what it was going to feel, or how harsh it would be on my mouth. I work office and I talk to people on a daily basis. One of my things was, I didn’t want to sound like I needed peanut butter at the roof of my mouth when I'm talking to them. It has been okay.

SmileDirectClub response

Crystal, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

In the beginning, when I was closing my gap, the aligners kept breaking. I had to wait quite a while for replacements. Then, when the replacements came in, they were damaged. So, I had to go and get scanned over. That happened about three times within a year. So, it was rough. The fitting was okay towards the end though. I'm not completely happy with my results because I have an underbite. My teeth, to me, wasn't that bad but when they pulled them in, the bottom teeth weren't pulled in enough. So, my bottom teeth stick out further than the top, so it's kind of way off. I was supposed to contact them. But what happened was they had an evaluation and they sent me a letter saying that they couldn't fix it and they couldn't do anything else. I would have to go and get traditional braces. The reason for me doing SmileDirect is because I didn't want to pay about 7,000. I can't afford that.

Now, after spending almost two grand with SmileDirect, I'm being told to go and do something traditional, and that’s more money. It’s like, “Okay, well, I guess I just got to deal with the results I have.” I have a lot of family members that have gaps and they saw my teeth and they were like, “Okay, they closed your gap. When do you finish?” I said, “I'm done already.” They didn't like the final results. They're planning to do something different because it was a lot of family members. They were watching me. I showed them my finished results. It's still an open bite. They originally told me they could close my open bite. They couldn’t. It’s a slight open bite, a crossbite, and an underbite. They sent me a letter saying, “Oh, we can't fix your open bite, your crossbite, or whatever.” I would still recommend them. A person can look at my results, and take it from there.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Elvina, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your end results, and the delay when waiting for replacements. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I purchased from SmileDirectClub for my daughter who just completed her treatment after seven months. She is 13 years old, and she has had a massive overbite since her adult teeth came in. Her front teeth are gapped badly as well. As soon as she was able to, we were getting braces for her. After speaking to a few adult parents who have had children with metal braces, and speaking to other children that have metal braces, they hated it. So, we wanted to go the liner route. I heard about SmileDirectClub on Facebook, and I happen to be fortunate enough to be in a town where the bus was coming through. We drove and got the 3D scan with the bus. I was overly impressed with everything from start to finish.

We paid the lump sum to get it a little bit cheaper instead of making the payments. My daughter used her retainers. A 13 year-old kid has never been more responsible in her life than brushing her teeth avidly before and after putting her aligners in, making sure that she took them out to eat. Every time I would look at her, she always had them in. It was never a forgetting-to-put-them-in situation. She enjoyed wearing them because she was seeing the change in her teeth rapidly. She was getting tons of compliments from people. She just completed her treatment, and it is a night and day transformation. It was 99.99% completely painless for her. She felt a little tenderness in the beginning with the first couple sets of aligners, and that's it.

She's been learning how to bite food properly for the first time in her life. She's never bitten off a sandwich with her teeth in the front because her overbite was so big. It would always tear and pull all the meat out of the sandwich, so she always had to use her back teeth. Now for the first time, she can chew in the front. It was quick. It took seven months to make dramatic change in her mouth. She is over-the- moon excited about it. She hated her teeth, and now she doesn't. She's glowing all the time. I told everyone I know SmileDirectClub has changed her life. I hope it does for lots of other people. It was affordable, painless and great. And now, they're accepting insurance as forms of payment. That's awesome. They didn't have that when we got it. Overall, we couldn't be any happier.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Molly, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. This means a lot to us.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

SmileDirectClub was a lot cheaper, so it was a great choice in that aspect. But other than that, I did a lot of research online, and I saw there were pretty good reviews around it. So, I thought I might as well give it a try. And worst case, if it didn't work out, I would look for an alternative after. But I'm fairly happy with it. When I went in person, it was really smooth. I sat there, and the two people who would work with me did everything. And then receiving the product, most of it was straightforward. I felt I could do everything on my own, and I was never really that confused.

But there were certain times when I felt there wasn't enough information online on certain things. Like maybe I had a certain pain in an area and I would try to google it. And it didn't seem like there were any resources saying that it was normal. Sometimes it's reassuring when I would google something and people would say, “Yeah, that's normal. Just don't worry about it.” Having those types of resources online would be important. Sometimes, there were open-ended questions that I had. Trying to have more resources, either in the box or on the website, is what I would recommend.

There was one case where I missed the day by accident. It just slipped my mind. Maybe there are resources online, but at that time, I couldn't seem to find what I would actually have to do in that type of situation, so I had to reach out. It was a bit worrisome because I thought it was a big deal. But it turned out that you just wear it for a bit longer. Just random stuff like that. It would be nice if there was some sort of site that just compiled all the questions that people asked.

The one thing that I was a bit concerned with, and I feel should be something down the road, having some sort of connection to an orthodontist just to get permanent retainers. I don't mind wearing the retainer that I have now. I know I have to wear it forever, but at some point, I know I'm going to slowly start forgetting to wear it for certain nights and whatnot. So, if there was a way to somehow have one connected orthodontist per city where I can go and get a permanent retainer in, or you can just have connections to orthodontists that already exist, would be really nice. Because to me, the money doesn't matter. I’ll spend whatever. I just know that at some point, I'm going to slowly start to forget to put it in. I have to wear this for the rest of my life, so it made me feel like there should be something there. Other than that, I feel really good with it. I'm happy with what I got for the money that I spent.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Nicholas. Your feedback and input are so valuable to us and we truly take it to heart. We really appreciate it!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I filled out my goals and sent in the molds. After zero communication about what I was looking for, I received an email with photos showing my plan for my teeth. No addressing the issues that I asked about (my bite).

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Emily, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We always want to promptly address any concerns that arise. We're sorry to hear this experience did not live up to those expectations. In order for us to learn more, we will be reaching out via private message. Kindest Regards, Toni

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I love the customer service and the whole process worked out great. When I did the home kit, it didn't go all the way down the gums. So when I get the retainers back, the plastic was a little bit shorter. Sometimes I have to trim it a little bit to keep it from digging into my teeth. When the retainer was incorrect, I had to go back in and SmileDirect did one in-house. When I got the retainers back, it fitted much better and it didn't cut into my tongue. I love the results as far as the bottom teeth. The rest of my teeth straightened out. It was nice that the group wasn't happy when I was likely about to give up. They wanted to make sure they were happy with the results.

SmileDirectClub response

Darryl, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

The initial impression experience was fine. However, after receiving the email saying my treatment plan was approved by the doctor, I realized two primary issues. First of all, the link provided in that email to the 3D animation of my "new smile" was completely falsified - the teeth in the animation were not even close to mine. I logged into my SDC dashboard and opened the animation linked there, and THAT one was accurate to my teeth. No idea why I was sent the wrong one. However, despite receiving ZERO communication about any issues with my teeth or impressions, I noticed in the animation that my bottom teeth were NOT being corrected at all.

I quickly reached out to the Dental Team, and was told that they couldn't correct my bottom teeth with their aligners due to an extra tooth in the way. The extra tooth being an issue is not a surprise, but I was shocked that I received no communication about this issue and they still "approved" my treatment and tried to get me to order the aligners for ONLY the top teeth, WITHOUT warning about the bottom teeth! On top of that, they still wanted to charge the full price for only doing the top teeth? Absolutely not. If I can't trust SDC to communicate issues with half of my teeth being corrected before "approving" treatment, then I will have to go elsewhere after dealing with the extra tooth. Communication about issues is standard customer service, and to be lacking that with something as serious as correcting teeth?? Absurd. 0/10 would not recommend.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Christian. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're concerned to hear about your experience. If you have any issues, feel free to send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com so that we can assist further.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I would recommend to anyone. The fast friendly service I received was above and beyond. They made me feel comfortable and no pressure. I could have started my plan right there on the spot but due to my finances I had to wait a few weeks. Great payment options.

SmileDirectClub response

Happy to hear it! We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. Thanks, Diana.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Nice staff at the Sugarhouse place. Did not like feeling pressured into buying it before I even know results. Really bad follow through, poor communication with my treatment plan. Did not relay info that was important. Sadly would not recommend this to anyone in the future.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Steven. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a rating. We're disappointed to see this, but we appreciate all feedback. If you have any details you would like to add, please send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I love Smile direct club. So far they're fast and easy and very simple to use and understand what exactly you need to do. Only thing is I wish the down payment was a little more negotiable like maybe half down for those you don’t have everything all at once and then obviously your monthly payments would be longer to pay off. This is my 2 or 3rd time trying to fix my smile and the down payment gets me every time. I’m hoping this time it’s different.

SmileDirectClub response

Amanda, we really appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The team was organized and knowledgeable. I was concerned there would be a “hard sell” at the end, but there was not. My only complaint/feedback is that both the site and when in person, after giving my insurance information, it was expressed that my insurance pays out for their service, and then it was explained that all I have to do is submit the paperwork they give me. After speaking with my insurance (Cigna), they do not cover them. Unfortunately I won’t be able to use the service.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Aimee. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and putting a smile on our face!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Hi. I have been to SmileDirect twice before but my 3 visit in Farmington Hills location made a difference. The SD agent who assisted me with the scanning was excellent. She gave me all information that I needed. Which I did not get in my previous two visits. She had amazing knowledge of the product which gave me confidence to proceed. She deserves an appreciation and should be recognised by the company. Thank you.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Sulthan, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Our customers help us to constantly learn and improve what we do. I'm so glad the SmileShop visit was a great one and will pass on the feedback to our shop managers!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I was somewhat skeptical to begin with Smile because I’m kind like that with everything but I lost any possible confidence when, one I was charged before I was able to approve my treatment plan (which that was what I was told would happen), and the email with my 3d pictures of before and after pictures; the before were definitely not my teeth. On the plus side when I called to inquire they were very apologetic and canceled and refunded my money right away. Sorry it didn’t work out for me.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Contessa. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a rating. We're disappointed to see this, but we appreciate all feedback. If you have any details you would like to add, please send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Had an OK experience with my aligners. They was some getting used to them at first, but after the shock of how snug and tight they were, it just took a few days later I wasn't really aware that they in I notice little improvements with my overall experience with SDC. Please hurry and send me my refinements ASAP. My front teeth have improved a bit, but I think they could be better.

SmileDirectClub response

Beth, we really appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Doing the impression kit while probably would have been a better idea; those employees could have been trained to sell you anything; smile liners, Tupperware, knives that cut pennies, etc... Felt uneasy after leaving there; certainly the 30 follow-up emails from the marketing department of Smile Direct Club (and not one responding to my questions to the orthodontist) has continuously verified that this place is truly about profit not patients.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Victoria, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. We want to make sure we address any concerns and questions that customers have before treatment. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Kindest Regards, Toni

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I already had aligners and paid in full, I wrote in about switching to the night time only plan. I was told I needed to submit a new mold which made no sense. Now my original plan is gone and I can not see it on my dashboard. No one knows why and now I am out all of my money. It makes no sense.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're concerned to hear about your experience. If you have any issues, feel free to send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com so that we can assist further.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Sasely was amazing! She took her time to explain everything to us, especially since my son was so shy and didn't even want to smile. (The reason we went) She was patient with him, super informative and extremely personable. Thank you so much! Can't wait to see him smile all the time!!

SmileDirectClub response

Hey Ilene. This is so exciting to hear! We are thrilled about this feedback.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I had an amazing customer service experience at the Greenville South Carolina branch a Smile Direct Club. My representative was extremely nice, understanding, and ensure that all of my questions were answered. I could not have asked for a better rep.

SmileDirectClub response

Cortney, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Updated on 09/14/2021: After returning the mail-in impression kit, I was charged without authorization for the wrong product in the amount of $1950. I called to inform them of the mistake, and was promised a reversal of the authorized charges. The next day I called back only to find out that the refund was never processed – I was lied to by the previous agent. This 2nd agent said she reversed the charges and processed the refund, and even sent me an email confirmation. 10 days later I still hadn’t received the refund. I called back and was told by a 3rd agent that the refund was processed and to wait a bit longer. Later that day, that 3rd agent emailed me an apology and said, in fact, the refund STILL had not been processed, and that she processed it on that day.

I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor to explain how it is possible that I could be lied to on 3 separate occasions about such a simple transaction. I got hung up on, hassled, and put on hold for an hour, only to talk to someone else who was also clearly in a foreign call center and couldn’t make decisions. It is clear that SDC’s call centers are designed to run you in circles and frustrate your attempts to rectify issues. They lied to me multiple times and unethically held onto an unauthorized charge of $1950 for 2 weeks, and only refunded my money after multiple phone calls, emails, and long hold times. I believe these “mistakes” were purposeful, and deliberately unethical in nature. I urge you, do not trust this company with your dental health.

Original Review: I submitted my "fast track form" with my impression kit indicating that I wanted the nighttime aligners, and specifically omitted my billing information and said to contact me before proceeding (to ensure the order was right). Unfortunately, I was charged without authorization, and even worse, I was charged for the WRONG kit (the standard aligners, not the nighttime aligners). This shows your people are not even reading the fast track form.

Then, when I called and asked to have the charges reversed (because they were never authorized), the agent told me the charges would be reversed and I would receive an email confirmation. By the next day, I never got an email, so I called back only to find out that the agent from the other day had not, in fact, reversed the charges. These are problems that make me not want to trust SDC, and strike me as shady business practices. I hope this is just some kind of lack of training, and I would appreciate an explanation for these issues. I want to use SDC, but am now hesitant.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Michael, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We always want to promptly address any concerns that arise. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Brenden was kind, professional and accommodating. I have a physical disability and he did not treat me any differently than anyone else and was accommodating to move furniture and items for me to make it easier for me. He was professional the entire time and explained everything in detail and thoroughly, but to where I understood it. I highly recommend going to Brenden for your scan!

SmileDirectClub response

We are loving your enthusiasm, Ashley! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I wanted to straighten my bottom teeth and SmileDirectClub has been good to keep reevaluating and sending me new ones. If I have a problem, I message on Facebook Messenger, and they get back to me immediately. Whatever has to be done, they've been on top of it right away. I'm gonna keep wearing the retainer and try to be happier with my teeth. I know the bottom part's gonna be a lot better for me as I age. Now my own son now has started doing it. He's 40 and he's liking it too.

SmileDirectClub response

We are grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for the support, Judy. We are always here for you!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I started with SmileDirectClub last November and getting set up was easy. I made an appointment, found the office, and I was there for 40 minutes. It's neat how they have the wand that they put in your mouth, and you can look up on the computer screen to see exactly your teeth and gums, every little millimeter of space. In a month, I noticed a change more in my top that didn't need it as much because it was just little things and then it was straighter. I originally had gone in because I wanted my bottom teeth done, and the girl that helped me told me that it was the same price no matter if you do one or both, so I did both. Actually, I needed the top done, also, ‘cause they're a lot straighter than they were.

You have to do the 22 hours like they say, and be mindful of the time that you've worn it yourself so that you can readjust your time frame if you need to. There was one day that I had taken them out to eat something and then I fell asleep that night, so I didn't wear them the next day. You have to know to adjust your time. If it’s for that week, make sure you adjust the time accordingly. If I did it for six hours, I always adjusted and gave myself an extra day. They sent me an email saying, "It's time to change your aligner." On the email, you can touch a button that says, "Reset your schedule," and you can put it off for a day or a week.

SmileDirectClub response

Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

After finishing my retainers I was not happy with my teeth, I asked for touch up retainers and got an impression kit, and sent it back and was told it was received. Then I heard nothing back for a month, then I emailed asking what the issue was, and was told to send pictures. So I did, then nothing for weeks. So I emailed again, and was told the same thing, that I need to send pictures. I have not heard back again.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Karson. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're concerned to hear about your experience. If you have any issues, feel free to send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com so that we can assist further.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I liked all the help I got from everyone, but I just thought the pricing was way too much due to the fact that they couldn’t help with the bottom teeth. I’m only gonna be getting treatment for the top teeth and paying almost full price.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Jesus. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a rating. We appreciate all feedback. If you have any details you would like to add, please send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This is been one of the worst customer service experience I’ve had with a company in many years. Over a week later I still don’t have a scan promised many times within 72 hours. Attempted to get an update after five days from your chat support and I had the rudest encounter possibly ever. Now a week later and still nothing and this is the third email wondering how you’re doing. Not great. I will not be ordering from your company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I wanted to straighten some of my teeth and do it economically and also not have to go in to an orthodontist. The process with SmileDirectClub was great from the first package that came to the door. If I had any problems, I could still reach out to the orthodontist that was molding my aligners. Everything was great. I got the results I'm looking for. I would tell anybody to go for it, especially if they don't want the brackets. It was very economical and I was glad I was able to do it.

SmileDirectClub response

Happy to hear this, Devaughn! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I wanted to straighten out a few of my teeth. The process with SmileDirectClub consisted of wearing the correctors almost all day, except when you're eating, and then all night. After the first round, I still wasn't happy. So, they provided me with a second round right away. Their customer service is excellent and I'm pretty happy with the results.

SmileDirectClub response

This means a lot to us, Kim. We sure are proud of both our team and the technology we use in order to give our customers a cost-effective and convenient option. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Impression a bit difficult to use. I followed instructions on touch up kit which did not require photos. A week later, email requested photos, Aug. 13. I did not hear anything and called on Aug 28 to follow up. Dental team forwarded my inquiry to a supervisor. Am waiting for status. Thank you.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Margaret. We're concerned to see this, as we take pride in the attention that our customer care team devotes to all communication efforts. In order to better assist you, please reach out to us directly at reviews@smiledirectclub.com.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I am very interest to do the treatment, however, my plan has been diagnosed as possible only if I use 22hours/day. I have done some tests during the day, considering my normal working and eating hours I would need to take them out average of 4 hours. So I will use it only a max of 20 hours/day. I asked over the phone to an attendant and his response was that this would not cover the guarantee of the treatment. This is why I am still considering if I will spend the money to do this treatment.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Claudio. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a rating. If you have any details you would like to add, please send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com.