Skin & Bones

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I started using the moisturizer in 2010. It's the only product that works long-term to moisturize my sensitive & oily skin without causing breakouts. I have also been using the cleanser for several years now. AMAZING for my face! I get compliments all the time and my skin looks fabulous. I love that the products are for all over body use, so I can simplify my daily routine. And you can't beat the ingredients list!!! Try the balm as well!

I have been using this oil for more than 5 years daily on my face. I will be 80 in two months, have thin Irish skin, and my skin looks a lot better than most people my age. I am grateful to have been introduced to such a lovely natural oil by the clever young woman who makes it! Thanks Heidi!

I love using organic skincare, but a lot of the products I found were either expensive with no real reason or rhyme to the ingredients, or actually less "organic" than advertised. Skin & Bones was a game changer to find. I love the oil and the cleanser, and my skin texture looks and feels wonderful. I have a history of problem skin, but my occasional breakouts have reduced significantly, and my skin is less oily than before. If you've been wondering which products to invest in for your skin, these are the ones. The oil is also awesome for hair. I use it to keep the curls in order, and it is the only thing I need!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Skin & Bones is high-quality. I have heard about them from my aesthetician, and I've been shopping online with them for 10 years. It's very easy. Just recently, I bought a moisturizer with the oil. It's consistent and part of my skin care regimen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of a friend recommended Skin & Bones' cleanser. She said it was very natural but very good at cleansing. We ordered online and they made it very easy for us to be able to add because we added my order in my friend's order at the end. But, she told me that there's not always discounts, which is something that we always like to shop when there are promotions. Other than that, customer service and my experience were great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Skin & Bones?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My facialist is about 40 and has really, really good skin so after she told me about Skin & Bones, I started using it. I went online and made one purchase a month ago. I'm doing a whole skin regimen though, so I don't know how to separate out the Skin & Bones from all the other things I'm using, but I'm definitely happy with it. I will be ordering more of it in the future when this runs out. The experience with it so far is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my best friends loves Skin & Bones and swears by it so I tried it. I bought their oil online. It came fast and I really like it. It smells great. The bottle’s beautiful, too. I love it and I will definitely be using it for years to come. They’re good. I already have recommended them to many friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received some Skin & Bones product as a gift. Then about four months ago I went online and bought the body and face skin oil. I love it and it smells wonderful. It's also got wonderful ingredients and makes the skin look great. It's an excellent product. Fantastic experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person at the retail store recommended the Skin & Bones face oil. I tried it there and bought a bottle, and I’m on my third or fourth now. I use it every night and I’m very pleased with it. I used to use another face oil that was imported and I like the Skin & Bones better. It’s better priced, more absorbent and not as messy. I like the smell and the consistency. I’ve tried a lot of different ones but this is one I’ve landed on and I’ve been using it for a year now. Once I find something, I stay with it. It’s a regular product in my beauty regimen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love Skin & Bones. Buying the oil called Skin & Bones Therapy online couldn't be easier. It came really fast and the product is good. I tried it the first time when I bought it at the store and loved it. I'm 62 and have very sensitive skin. It works really well for me. I've tried a lot of skin care but I liked this one the best. I will be ordering again as soon as I'm out of the two I've ordered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm friends with Heidi Jenkins on Facebook so I started seeing her Skin & Bones products and was interested. I like using essential products, it piqued my interest and I wanted to try it out. It's a good product and I love it. I'll probably order more in the future.

All of the products that I have used have been great! They are high end, luxurious, and they are a great business to deal with. I highly recommend all of their products. I have used the products for several years and will continue to use them for years to come!

Excellent!!! I am on my third bottle now and I highly recommend Skin and Bones to everyone!

I placed an order and Heidi informed me right away that she was expecting ingredients to arrive, and my order would be shipped in a week or so. When my order arrived, she included a free item which was really nice of her. I can't live without S&B, and rec it to everyone.

I use the luxurious moisturizer mainly for my hair and it's perfect! It smells amazing and leaves my hair with an awesome texture and shine. I get so many compliments about my hair since I began using this product a year and a half ago. The luxurious lip balm is great too. I usually use it in the winter. It has a nice exfoliating texture and it hydrate extremely well. I definitely recommend trying all products My Skin and Bones has to offer. You won't regret it!

I'm an Aesthetician (Andrea Minor) and believe me. I've tried tons of different serums and products. Skin & Bones is absolutely amazing. And the best part is that every skin type (yes, even acneic and oily) can benefit from its fab ingredients. It layers nicely with other products, or you can simply use this one and only product. You can oil cleanse with it AND use it as a moisturizer. Not to mention its other uses: hair treatment, cuticle treatment, etc. Because of its multiple uses, it's a dream to travel with. Now let's talk about the scent. Oh good gawd, THAT scent! I don't know how to describe it other than to say it makes me swoon. So calming, relaxing, but sexy. And it smells amazing on both men and women. This really is a true multi use product. My one and only complaint is that I wish they would make even more products! HA! Much love for my S&B :)

I placed an order and received order confirmation. However, the order took a week or so longer to arrive after I was notified to expect it by a certain date. I did not receive any email back when I reached out to request information. Ultimately, the product is nice and I am pleased, but I felt that for the price and worth of the product, some communication or acknowledgement would have been nice! A month before I even decided to order I sent out an email to see if it were possible to request samples. I was having a hard time making a decision between two items. I never received a response for that either, FYI.

I had initially placed an order which was lost in the mail. Heidi graciously refunded me and sent a new order for free, which also included a sample of the cleanser. I love the moisturizer and am pleased that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Thank you for your excellent customer service!

I've ordered Skin & Bones a few times and absolutely love the product, and I've even tracked it down to a local shop! I have normal/oily skin, so I use it more as a nightly repair moisturizer. I make sure I take it everywhere, especially when I'm traveling. My skin looks and feels amazing. :) It's the one product I now can't live without.

The products are of the highest quality! My go-to is the moisturizer which feels heavenly on my body and smells divine! I recently started using the cleanser which doesn't strip my skin and leaves it feeling silky smooth. Delivery is fast and efficient and the packaging is just the right amount to protect my order.

Expert Review

Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss Organic Skincare Contributing Editors

Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss are co-founders of Beauty Lies Truth, a website dedicated to educating consumers about the ingredients in personal care products. Alexis is a singer, songwriter and front-woman of the band Sleigh Bells and uses her public platform to transform the beauty industry. Jessica is an award-winning activist and entrepreneur who has spent the past ten years spreading awareness about product safety and working with the most conscious companies on the market.    More about Jessica Assaf & Alexis Krauss→

Heidi Jenkins launched Skin & Bones in 2009 after discovering the power of essential oils. Skin & Bones makes organic-luxury products with nine therapeutic-grade essential oils derived from organic botanicals with deep, rich scents and therapeutic benefits. The company now provides more products, gifts sets and pendants from a collaboration with Unearthen Jewelry.

• Holistic skin care: Where other skin care companies offer lines designed for a single type of skin, Skin & Bones products work on every type, offering deep moisturizing without an oily residue.
  • Proprietary blend: The company creates all of its products using an exclusive line of oils derived from organic plants.
  • Luxurious moisturizer: The Skin & Bones flagship product heals all skin types, helps with cuticles, helps heal stretch marks and much more.
  • Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy forms the foundation for many Skin & Bones products, allowing consumers to use products that combine a calming or energizing scent with functionality.
  • Chakras: The company's chakra pendants hold essential oils used to help open these energy points on the body, allowing energy to flow more smoothly. Chakras are believed to control such traits as wisdom and openness in Eastern cultures.
  • Best for Design lovers, women and men will enjoy a cosmetic product that highlights usability and clean design.

Skin & Bones Company Profile