4.3/5 (80 ratings)

About Schwinn Exercise Bikes

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwinn Exercise Bikes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwinn Exercise Bikes?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Good value, not too expensive but definitely not cheaply made. I have been using mine 2, 3 times a week for 5 years and no problems.

Original review: July 22, 2020

We ordered a bike that cost $759.99 in April. We understood that due to Covid it wouldn't ship right away. We were told it would come June. June 16 came and went no bike. They gave us dates in July- no bike. Then the bike was damaged getting here and returned. We kept getting a run around and from Schwinn, to the point the customer service email bounced back. The hold times to speak to a representative was 2 hours. Schwinn received the bike July 15. I still do not have my money back. I went through PayPal to get a refund and Schwinn will not refund me. I went through my credit card now. I have proof that Schwin received the bike, but yet I still do not have money. 3 months later, no bike, no money.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My Schwinn Air Dyne has to be 25+ years old. I use it almost everyday and lube it up and keep it in good condition. But for a machine with that age it has been a true performer, with the miles on it and age I have no issues with keeping it going smooth with minimum amount of effort. I feel like I get a good workout with it versus the new machines on the market for a lot of expense.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Excellent recumbent bike!! I have had it for over 8 years and have never had an issue with it. Still runs perfectly, has never broken down and I use it about 5 times a week for an hour and half a day..

Original review: April 17, 2020

It was the best overall including quality and service and cost. Assembled was easy but sometime hard to follow on instruction. One time it wasn't fit so called the customer service about this issue. They sent a replacement part promptly and it fitted. Very impressed. Did exercise it a lot with no problems.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have 2 Schwinn airdynes-one in New Mexico and the other in Oklahoma. I use them both-especially in bad weather when I can’t exercise outdoors. They are both very reliable and don’t break down. You can find used ones for a reasonable price. Many folks buy them and they end up as coat racks! If you want a dependable wind resistance bike and don’t want to pay a fortune-find one!

Original review: April 14, 2020

Schwinn Exercise Bikes last a long time and are good quality. They are a great product to have in your house if you want to keep in shape but don't have the time or money to go to a gym. Definitely a good investment.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have had this exercise bike, a Schwinn AirDyne, for probably 20+ years. Never had a problem with it. There is no resistance adjustment, the pedals turn a fan and the air provides the resistance. The faster you pedal, the more resistance. The air blows on the rider, so you don’t need a separate fan.

Original review: April 10, 2020

The Schwinn A.C. Sport Cycle is a gym quality bike which offers many features you'd find on more expensive bikes. The bike has 4-way adjustments, but the seat and handlebar fore and aft positions are limited to just 3 for each. The mPower Echelon console is a great add-on and easily pairs with ANT+ compatible devices.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I bought the recumbent bike when I had bi-lateral knee replacement. I really do enjoy it. It is good to use everyday to keep my knees working, this is one that everyone can use.

Original review: April 8, 2020

The bike is not well made for everyday use because the leveler nut connection actually wears until the pedaling becomes an uneven ride. Terrible. I ordered the parts and they were discontinued. Now the bike is sitting idle. What a waste of money.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I have purchased several exercise bikes/spinners over the past decade. The quality of the purchase increase as does my experience. I have recently purchased a Schwinn spinner and I am extremely please with the quality of my Schwinn product. The operation is smooth and quiet. I believe I will get many years out of this product.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I needed a bike that was comfortable for my back (lower lumbar issues). The Schwinn is well built, large enough for me (I'm 6-2) and has just the right amount of 'tech' that I need. I looked at cheaper, but this one has been worth the investment, and really helps my pain - management.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Purchased Schwinn High Timber 27.5 Mountain Bike from Dunham's on July 29, 2018. Picked up morning of July 30th. Plan was to ride it home a 12 mile bike ride. I did ride it home, but with great difficulty. First, the gentleman who helped me at Dunham's underfilled the tires. I corrected this after purchasing a tire gauge I didn't need from Target for $8.00. One tire was 13psi, the other was 23psi, should have been 35-60psi.

Started my trek home again, still issues at times. Stopped and looked at brakes, rear brake tight to rim. So I disconnected the brake system planning to adjust when I got home. About 6 miles into my ride, realizing front brake drags at times. Then the noise I was hearing was because either the front or rear decapitator wasn't adjusted correctly. Now I am becoming totally upset, I purchased the bike from Dunham's figuring I'd get better quality than purchasing from Walmart (to find out they receive the same quality bikes, if you want a quality Schwinn you must purchase from a private dealer, I know this now, but will never purchase a Schwinn again because I do can I trust them).

Well on with my story, about 1 mile from home, racing a recently popped up rainstorm, my seat falls from its position to as low as it can go, NOW SO UPSET I WANT TO SCREAM. When I got home I checked the quick release for the seat, it was totally engaged!!! Within 2 hours the bike was returned to Dunham's. I am figuring a bad assembly job by Dunham's, but "NO". I am informed that the bikes come already assembled.

It was only a $200 bike (sale price), but I expected better than this. My last Schwinn mountain bike Protocol Ultra Aluminum lasted me almost 8 years (purchased from Target for about $200). I had a Schwinn 10 speed before that for 10 plus years. But, Schwinn will no longer be my go to brand. I guess it's time for a Trek or something similar.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I bought, from Walmart, online a Schwinn ladies bike. I am 82 years old, not able to put it together so took it, in its box to a bike shop. Got it home, not what was pictured in Walmart's ad. Can find no picture of this bike, made in China. Big hunk of metal where one would normal put a basket. Clamp will not hold the seat on, everyone says "not my problem". Walmart offered to take it back but I have a labor charge of $60 in it plus gas and bother to take the bike in and pick it up. Offered me a $10 rebate. So now I am stuck with a bike I didn't order, no seat. How can Schwinn be allowed to get away with this?

Original review: July 7, 2017

The Schwinn Air Dyne is fairly easy to operate. You have to supply batteries and insert them into the pulse meter, which then attaches to the bike then attach the sensor plug to the unit and plug the pulse sensor to your earlobe. It has a pulse meter with digital time display, which is a built-in, microcomputer that calculates averaged pulse rate. However, the seat could be improved on this bike since it's not very comfortable. You can adjust the height of the seat, but the seat itself is too narrow.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Good bike. I like that the Schwinn Fitness Exercise Bike has adjustable settings for difficulty of peddling, that it tracks how far you would have biked had you actually been cycling, and the user interface is easy to understand. Setting it up was pretty easy and straightforward. It took about an hour, during most of which time it just needed to calibrate.

Original review: June 28, 2017

The Schwinn Airdyne is easy to pedal and very sturdy. You get on the bike and pedal. There are moving arms that move along with the wheel so you feel that you're getting some upper body workout as well. It also creates a breeze when you are riding it, which is a nice feature when you're sweating from working out. It is a very good exercise bike but it is an older model and I'd like a newer model. Otherwise, no improvements needed.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Schwinn Exercise Bike is very easy to use, set up and put away. It is a modern machine that is reliable, comfortable and durable. It gives a solid and very good workout with good results that helps to lose big amounts of weight and fat. It also helps a lot with staying healthy. I like the resistance from the bike but I wish it was more modern and could have a touch screen added on the bike plus more adjustable settings, a foot grabber to hold your foot in place when peddling, a couple more places to put your water bottles and a new way to support the back when peddling without using the handlebars.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought this Schwinn bike to upgrade from a smaller version made by a different manufacturer. Putting this bike together took about an hour but it was easy to assemble because the instructions were clear. Even the required tools were enclosed. Look closely at the pictures when assembling. The bike itself works great using quiet magnetic resistance. Changing resistance is easy by push button. It takes a second or so for resistance change to take effect. It has many built-in programs of rolling hills, etc. or you can set up your own routine.

From workout to workout I switch from one built-in to one of my own. It displays time, RPM, "road" bike speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate and resistance level. If you input your name and stats, it will track your workouts and let you download the data. There are lots of bells and whistles to use once I get past the basic conditioning phase. The bike went together easily till I got to the right pedal. The original one shipped would not go on then Nautilus sent another after a lot of stuff needed to show proof of purchase. Second one did not go on easily, but it did go on with a lot of muscle. Other than that, it is a very nice quality equipment.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Schwinn Aero Dyne is very easy to use and also very safe. The bike is easy to set up straight from the box and the direction are very simple. The youtube video shows a guy assembling the bike. I like the calorie burner and the hardness level. I also like that the front wheel has a slot so the wind could blow on me to help keep me cool. I love the sturdy frame construction and the comfortable seat, as well. I like that it has a timer that can keep track of time, too. Everything is great. Schwinn makes the best out there and it is a simple bike.

Original review: June 8, 2017

It was given to us by my mother-in-law who did not like using it. She thought we would like using it but we don't. I do not like any features of the exercise bike. The Seat is very uncomfortable, it is hard to keep my feet on the pedals and is too large for my short legs. There is an odometer and a speedometer but they are not motivational. It's difficult because one can't tell how much pressure is on to make it more strenuous to pedal. It is made out of iron and is very heavy to move from one part of the room to another.

Original review: June 7, 2017

The Schwinn was already put together so the setup was easy and it's as simple as getting on and ride. I like the feel of the bike and the seat feels good, too. As for the actual riding, it's tough at times but helpful. You will lose weight with this bike. I love how the screen tells me how much I've burned and how much more I need to do to get to my ideal weight. However, it can be a bit pricey, but it is a Schwinn, so you know what you're getting when you get it.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I liked how easy it was to get a quick cardio workout in while tricking myself into thinking I was still sitting. I'm pretty lazy and prefer an easy, quick, simple and effective workout. I do wish there was a way to make Schwinn have a smaller footprint in the room because they are all so bulky and space hogging.

Original review: June 5, 2017

The company I bought the Schwinn from did the initial setup and it was very easy to operate and use once I got the hang of things. It's of great quality and build, don't feel I have to worry about it breaking down. It has great infotronics and has helped me a great deal with staying in shape, especially in winter when I can't get out to the gym as much as I'd like with the weather and all. I'm satisfied with it but a cheaper price for the same quality is always desirable as it is kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for as they say.

Original review: June 4, 2017

The process of setting up the Schwinn bicycle took a while but overall was not too tedious or stressful. It has also been very durable and I have not had any concerns with it. There are a lot of useful features on the bike. The incline levels are where they should be and the different training modes all serve their purpose the way that the bike can be adjusted for comfort as well. Still, adding a cool down feature would be a great aid in ending workouts and enhancing the experience.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I enjoy the different programs on the Schwinn bike. I also like how it can be operated with batteries and it also comes with a power cord as well. The easiness of use make this bike very enjoyable. I also like how you can change the seat to fit how long or short your legs are. However, one thing I do not like is that the power cord is a little short so you have to be close to an outlet. I also do not like the fan on the machine because it does not work very good and I think it's a waste of power. Other than that, there are many kinds of program ranging from easy to difficult so anyone can use it. The programs are fun, too.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Schwinn is pretty easy to use, and is easy to learn to use and to understand screen, but maybe better function screens and buttons would be better. Also, maybe more comfortable or more padded seat, smartphone compatibility with an app for programs, screen with graphics or courses, quieter functions, maybe added arm exerciser. Otherwise recumbent, easy to move (it lifts up and rolls and has a handle), rider-height adjustability, and tension-adjustable, several programmed routines, easy on knees.

Original review: June 2, 2017

The features of the Schwinn 170 are just perfect for me. Setting up is easy right out of the box, just a few easy steps to get you going; almost immediately it is tracking your progress like a personal assistant or a coach on your back shoulder; it is designed for those who have limited time, but it beckons you to press on and lose a few pounds. I have limited time for exercise but I always feel great after a few minutes on this superb product. It's totally equipped with a dual LCD window system that allows up to 13 different displays. It's like the bike is programmed for me as it retains my data and I always begin where I left off and still adapt to a different speed for that day that seems right for me to reach my fitness goals for the day.

Original review: June 1, 2017

The set up of Schwinn took some time. It didn't take very long for me assemble but the programming of the bike took a few hours. I won't say it's hard to use, just getting it used to. There are dual LCD for me to see my progress. Also, there is a built-in tracker that allow me to keep track of my exercise routine. There is a USB port for music. However, it was expensive for what it does and it takes up a lot of room in my house. Also, the seats isn't good at all. It's really hard. I wish it could have been leather seats or something similar.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Company Information