Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.28/5

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Reviews

Original review: April 5, 2020

I needed a bike that was comfortable for my back (lower lumbar issues). The Schwinn is well built, large enough for me (I'm 6-2) and has just the right amount of 'tech' that I need. I looked at cheaper, but this one has been worth the investment, and really helps my pain - management.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Purchased Schwinn High Timber 27.5 Mountain Bike from Dunham's on July 29, 2018. Picked up morning of July 30th. Plan was to ride it home a 12 mile bike ride. I did ride it home, but with great difficulty. First, the gentleman who helped me at Dunham's underfilled the tires. I corrected this after purchasing a tire gauge I didn't need from Target for $8.00. One tire was 13psi, the other was 23psi, should have been 35-60psi.

Started my trek home again, still issues at times. Stopped and looked at brakes, rear brake tight to rim. So I disconnected the brake system planning to adjust when I got home. About 6 miles into my ride, realizing front brake drags at times. Then the noise I was hearing was because either the front or rear decapitator wasn't adjusted correctly. Now I am becoming totally upset, I purchased the bike from Dunham's figuring I'd get better quality than purchasing from Walmart (to find out they receive the same quality bikes, if you want a quality Schwinn you must purchase from a private dealer, I know this now, but will never purchase a Schwinn again because I do can I trust them).

Well on with my story, about 1 mile from home, racing a recently popped up rainstorm, my seat falls from its position to as low as it can go, NOW SO UPSET I WANT TO SCREAM. When I got home I checked the quick release for the seat, it was totally engaged!!! Within 2 hours the bike was returned to Dunham's. I am figuring a bad assembly job by Dunham's, but "NO". I am informed that the bikes come already assembled.

It was only a $200 bike (sale price), but I expected better than this. My last Schwinn mountain bike Protocol Ultra Aluminum lasted me almost 8 years (purchased from Target for about $200). I had a Schwinn 10 speed before that for 10 plus years. But, Schwinn will no longer be my go to brand. I guess it's time for a Trek or something similar.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I bought, from Walmart, online a Schwinn ladies bike. I am 82 years old, not able to put it together so took it, in its box to a bike shop. Got it home, not what was pictured in Walmart's ad. Can find no picture of this bike, made in China. Big hunk of metal where one would normal put a basket. Clamp will not hold the seat on, everyone says "not my problem". Walmart offered to take it back but I have a labor charge of $60 in it plus gas and bother to take the bike in and pick it up. Offered me a $10 rebate. So now I am stuck with a bike I didn't order, no seat. How can Schwinn be allowed to get away with this?

Original review: July 7, 2017

The Schwinn Air Dyne is fairly easy to operate. You have to supply batteries and insert them into the pulse meter, which then attaches to the bike then attach the sensor plug to the unit and plug the pulse sensor to your earlobe. It has a pulse meter with digital time display, which is a built-in, microcomputer that calculates averaged pulse rate. However, the seat could be improved on this bike since it's not very comfortable. You can adjust the height of the seat, but the seat itself is too narrow.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Good bike. I like that the Schwinn Fitness Exercise Bike has adjustable settings for difficulty of peddling, that it tracks how far you would have biked had you actually been cycling, and the user interface is easy to understand. Setting it up was pretty easy and straightforward. It took about an hour, during most of which time it just needed to calibrate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwinn Exercise Bikes?

Original review: June 28, 2017

The Schwinn Airdyne is easy to pedal and very sturdy. You get on the bike and pedal. There are moving arms that move along with the wheel so you feel that you're getting some upper body workout as well. It also creates a breeze when you are riding it, which is a nice feature when you're sweating from working out. It is a very good exercise bike but it is an older model and I'd like a newer model. Otherwise, no improvements needed.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Schwinn Exercise Bike is very easy to use, set up and put away. It is a modern machine that is reliable, comfortable and durable. It gives a solid and very good workout with good results that helps to lose big amounts of weight and fat. It also helps a lot with staying healthy. I like the resistance from the bike but I wish it was more modern and could have a touch screen added on the bike plus more adjustable settings, a foot grabber to hold your foot in place when peddling, a couple more places to put your water bottles and a new way to support the back when peddling without using the handlebars.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought this Schwinn bike to upgrade from a smaller version made by a different manufacturer. Putting this bike together took about an hour but it was easy to assemble because the instructions were clear. Even the required tools were enclosed. Look closely at the pictures when assembling. The bike itself works great using quiet magnetic resistance. Changing resistance is easy by push button. It takes a second or so for resistance change to take effect. It has many built-in programs of rolling hills, etc. or you can set up your own routine.

From workout to workout I switch from one built-in to one of my own. It displays time, RPM, "road" bike speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate and resistance level. If you input your name and stats, it will track your workouts and let you download the data. There are lots of bells and whistles to use once I get past the basic conditioning phase. The bike went together easily till I got to the right pedal. The original one shipped would not go on then Nautilus sent another after a lot of stuff needed to show proof of purchase. Second one did not go on easily, but it did go on with a lot of muscle. Other than that, it is a very nice quality equipment.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Schwinn Aero Dyne is very easy to use and also very safe. The bike is easy to set up straight from the box and the direction are very simple. The youtube video shows a guy assembling the bike. I like the calorie burner and the hardness level. I also like that the front wheel has a slot so the wind could blow on me to help keep me cool. I love the sturdy frame construction and the comfortable seat, as well. I like that it has a timer that can keep track of time, too. Everything is great. Schwinn makes the best out there and it is a simple bike.

Original review: June 8, 2017

It was given to us by my mother-in-law who did not like using it. She thought we would like using it but we don't. I do not like any features of the exercise bike. The Seat is very uncomfortable, it is hard to keep my feet on the pedals and is too large for my short legs. There is an odometer and a speedometer but they are not motivational. It's difficult because one can't tell how much pressure is on to make it more strenuous to pedal. It is made out of iron and is very heavy to move from one part of the room to another.

Schwinn Exercise Bikes Company Information